• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome to the ageis empire IC

OOC
Here

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
Intro
The unlikely group of four people had all recently received a message offering them a chance to repay their debts for an undisclosed job, the seal the emperor stamped upon the paper invitation showed that it was serious.

Now the four of them where sat in some kind of vast waiting room side of the walls lined with petrified assassin that had made verious attempts on the lives of the ageis emperors over the years they'd been their for a few minutes in silence before a winged kobold appeared. "Hello the emperor is make some final preparations feel free to get to talk your gonna be working with each other for awhile" the kobold explained cryptically before dissapearing with a puff of smoke.

The Hobgoblin stands up and lifts his Scimitar in the air in a heroic pose "Where art thou beer, who shall complete thine quest of telling me where a barrel of beer is." He sits back down laughing his head off after the statement, he sheathed his Scimitar.

After countless hours of searching, she has finally reached her meetup location. Keeping the important paper note with the official emperor's signature stamp is kept into her dirty white apron's breast pocket. It wasn't probably the best option to go down this path but she cannot complain now. If it is anything, she should probably be grateful. Slowly making her presence visible on her way in. She appears before the new faces she is going to be stuck with for a while. Her dress is that of the typical village girl, almost looks ragged in clothing quality. Easily could have been mistaken as just another passing face, if it weren't for the fact that she sat close towards the waiting group.

Sitting still with an eased-up look of elegance on her face. She awaits a call of the task, while she stares off into the distance. Her own thoughts kept her entertained for a while from the lonely atmosphere. Until later on a Winged Kobold sweeps in telling her and the others to wait. Before she could ask a question, the Kobold has vanished into a puff of smoke, leaving her with the other debt payers. Quite the silence as a warrior class Hobgoblin asks what is to be done.

"*Ahem* Greetings, are you lot also have been invited here too?"

Showing her invitation note between her index and middle finger, out of her apron pocket. Swaying it gently to bring focus onto the paper itself and its Emperor's stamp. All the while with a soft grin, who is this half-Elf? What are her debts?

Interacting: Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn (Available for more interactions)​

The young Tiefling took out her knife and played with it. She studied the other two, carefully categorizing them. She tossed up the knife a couple times, catching it by the hilt. "I received one of those as well. What do you suppose that Kobold meant by us working together for awhile?" She didn't bother pulling out her invitation because she already knew it would look the same as the other girl, who she assumed was part Elf and something else she couldn't quite place. Her eyes roamed over the Hobgoblin for a split second, choosing to ignore him for the time being.

The Hobgoblin shows his invitation letter. "Don't worry about me, I'm not a Legionnaire, I'm not going to harm any of you. Anyways when do you think the Empress is coming?" He takes off his plate helmet and holds it under his shoulder.

Clairen Dahlia V. Flavius

The young woman lays back before returning her invitation letter back to her apron pocket. So far a strange cast she's with but it didn't seem to make a comment about it, she seems content with it. Seems like she'll be working with them for a while since one of them also holds the same invitation. A Tiefling and a Hobgoblin, if she's correct.

"Teehee~ I think it's, thee emperor, my good sir. I'm afraid we'll just have to wait."

Excited about the job itself, despite its vagueness. Going completely silent for the others to speak or just letting the silence take over, maybe to reflect before the task being given by the emperor himself. After all, their arrival is soon. Another subject in the room caught her eye, glancing over the shoulders of her soon-to-be workmates. A stunned and petrified figure is still not so far from where she is sitting. An offender of the law? What did they commit to get into this moment? The figure didn't seem to become her concern, returning her eyes to the crewmates.

"Anyways, call me Clairen!"

Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

She folds her pocketknife and puts it away, sighing. "I suppose we should make some kind of introduction. You all may call me Aria. I specialize in borrowing, in a sense. It's not my business why either of you are here, but go ahead and share if you please. I, on the other hand, will keep my reason private for the moment. Since we will be...teammates, I will share that I am mostly private because I have suffered many great losses. I lost both of my parents at a young age and everything I owned. I'm not sharing this to receive your pity, just to show that my trust in you does exist." The Tiefling turned her gaze to the Hobgoblin, raising an eyebrow as a way of saying, "what about you?".

He raises an eyebrow "I guess you should know what I have done, but it's somewhat obvious, I killed several of the Emperor's soldiers as a Legionnaire, so that's why I'm here." He shows his scimitar, "This is a real weapon no offense, but I'm not sure a pocket knife will do much in a fight." Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

She stands up and glares at him. "No offense, but your small mind can't comprehend what I can do with a pocketknife. Would you like a demonstration?" She pulls out her knife and clenches her fist around the hilt. She didn't really mean to be hostile, but she could use an excuse for a fight. Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

He stands up, and glares at her "I was only trying to give some advice, but I guess I could have some fun in a fight if you really want me to fight you" He puts his plate helmet back on and unsheathes his scimitar before getting himself in a defensive fighting stance. "Your choice if you want to fight or not, but no killing, I can take a few wounds though, assuming you actually can deal damage with that pocketknife." Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

Her eyes narrow and she's still for a moment. Then, she puts her knife away and sits back down. "You need to learn how to talk to others, but I will let it go this time. Although, you may not be so lucky next time. I'm not afraid to fight anyone. Especially, not you. Keep that in mind. The only reason I'm not beating you to a bloody pulp right now is because I don't fight my comrades. As long as we work together, I'm willing to look past this." She pulls her hood up, staring him down.

He sheathes his weapon and puts his helmet under his shoulder again, before sitting down next to her. "Sorry about that, its the love of violence and conflict getting to me, I haven't fought in over a week and last time I did I was freeing slaves and killing slaveowners." He waits for the Emperor to show up. Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

She gave him a small laugh. "Aren't you a pure Robin Hood? I'm not one to love violence, but when it's done to someone who deserves it, it can be quite enjoyable. I don't fight much, so the last time I fought was when I was attacked." She glanced at him. "Though, I am impressed by your conquest. That's not an easy thing to do." Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

He sighs, "Yeah it's not easy, but it's worth it to see the once oppressed slaves free, speaking of which that's why I was exiled from my Legion, I saw that we were in the wrong when we attacked civilians and took slaves, so I freed the slaves and killed the guards." He lifts his head up and looks around the room "When do you think the Emperor is getting here anyways?" Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

She shrugs and crosses her arms. "No idea. All we can do is sit here and wait unfortunately." Her eyes travel to the sky and she exhales. "Do you have a family? I know that's a pretty personal question, but I'm curious. Was the Legion your family, so to speak?" She returns her gaze to him, the last of her hostility fading away. Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

She cleared her throat and looked away. "Then your family is crazy. They should be proud of you. What you did outweighs the fact that you dishonored your Legion. If anything, they should have a parade in your honor." Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

He looked towards her and said "well my legion is evil, as a lot of Hobgoblin legions are, since you know we are after all just bigger smarter goblins everyone says, I personally try to forget about my family, so I don't get emotional about it. I really hope though that the Emperor gets here soon, I'm getting a little impatient." He said hoping it wasn't treason to say I'm getting a little impatient about the emperor. Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

She looks away from him with a shrug and goes back to playing with her knife. She tossed it up and caught it a few times before leaning over to trace it in the dirt.

the Kobold returned from the doorway giving the group a little bow. "the room is ready the emperor shall speak to you all now" he said before scurrying off leaving the door open to the room forward, the 3 would be ushered to enter the room a simple throne with an elf who wore an elaborate crown their clothing just a simple tunic with the empire regalia emblazoned on the front of it either side there was a huge humanoid in crystalline armour strange packs on their back and a smell of sulphur in the air. ""aaah you made it.. i all hope you understand the full course of you... deal.. now i assume you're wondering what exactly I need you to do yes? well it's simple really... iv been informed thier has been issues with... magic as you know magic powers all our industry.. and this is why im hiring you to investigate it.. for frankly i would rather this under the radar once you've discorved the source ill send in more qualified people to deal with the issue" the emperor explained.

It was only a few minutes in and chatter between them three has escalated, more like two... Seem to be have very different backgrounds and opinions, the Hob goblin and the tiefling seems to have debts far from her circumstances, she cannot do anything but sit in silence until the two remain seated in silence again. The half-elf did not eye on on either one. Keeping her arms to herself.

“Well, Ummm... I uuhhh—“

Before she could further speak her mind, a swing of a door is heard. Perking her elf ears towards the direction where she saw the Kobold bowing out of respect. Standing up with no hesitation and leaving the two behind out of excitement. On the other side of the entrance. The Kobold has led her to the Throne room, where the emperor awaits them. In the eyes of the young woman, stands before the crystalline guarded emperor.

“Oh, greetings, my lord! I am Clairen Flavius. I am in your debt, How may we assist you?”

She followed with the gesture of respect exclusive to the empire. The emperor simply carried on with the mission briefing, her pointed ears at the ready for every word that’s going to be uttered out of his mouth. Half way through the briefing Clairen picks out a pen and notepad to jot who knows.

“May I speak to ask a few questions, your highness? I understand the severity of the task assigned. Afterall Magic runs all around the kingdom and the daily lives of many such as Me. When did this all start? Is there an already a recorded incident? Where shall we go to investigate this problem?”

Eager the girl was as she looks back up to the emperor with glistening irises. Her gloved hands at the ready taking notes again.

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentioned: Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn

Last edited:
She was more than happy to take on this task, but Clairen was a little too excited for her taste. She pulled on her hood. "Those are all good questions, Clairen. Though, I'm more interested in why you chose us. I'm sure you have people who are more than capable of doing this. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind this quest, but I just want to know why." Given their history, and whatever history Clairen has, they shouldn't be trusted with such an important task.

The Hobgoblin raises his Scimitar and yells "We shall complete this quest in your honor, my Emperor." He bows to the Emperor and puts his Plate Helmet on and sheathes his Scimitar. He hears the woman asking why they were selected for this task. "Well I don't really care why we were selected, as long as I get to have no more debt and I get to partake in some more action. But even if there is no action this quest still sounds interesting, and I will gladly partake in it." Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

She spares him a glance and sighs. "I suppose it's not important. Your highness, when do we start this adventure? There are some things I'd like to take care of before our departure, if that is okay." She didn't know why she added that last part. She was going whether it was okay or not. Her company was already starting to get to her, she guessed.

"aaah yes miss Flavius you are of an inquiring mind that is useful in this case" the Emperor would say with a small smile. "it had started a few months back in more rural areas... we didn't think much of it at first perhaps just faulty equipment but the fault have gotten worse spreading form their to more populated places as if some sort of infection" the emperor explained softly. “as far as we know it started at an old tomb deep in the woods near northern border we do not suspect lich king to be the cause for the northers have been our stanch ally for centuries that is why you are to discritly investigate this tomb Is that understood“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back