• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To The Afterlife [Always Open] - [Mystery | Supernatural | Action]

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Berries Berries
RE: JIYEON

Examiner Notes: Sorry for the delay XD Honestly, Kido reminds me so much of Bakugou from BnHA I love it XDD

ClassifiedJiyeon raised his brow at his comment. "So you've spoken to others then, have you?" he said, tilting his head with curiosity, although the question seemed rhetorical, like he was merely speaking his thoughts and wouldn't be bothered if he didn't receive an answer. It was either that or he phrased himself wrongly. But then Jiyeon nonchalantly gave a nod. "That's a good theory," he agreed. It would make sense. He made a mental note to bring it up with that bastard, Smith, the next chance he got. However annoying the kid was being right now, Jiyeon could respect how well he was handling things, the girl... not so much. Her hesitation was annoying. She seemed like a lost puppy looking for protection. "If you're too uncomfortable, stay at the back of the group," he grumbled quietly.

Jiyeon mentally gave a nod, but didn't speak as Kido lead the way. He was trying to figure out this guy, and it wasn't too shy to say he interested him in a strange way. Normally, Jiyeon would find himself comfortable in a controlling, superior position, but he had no trouble stepping back into a submissive role in this situation. His thoughts felt complicated; he wasn't sure why he was acting like this, it was incredibly out of character. He could see that both the newbies knew his position was above them, but because Kido had taken the lead, it indicated that he had a great deal of pride - was he trying to show that he could be strong too? He felt that his thoughts were confirmed when Kido was the first to leap onto the elevator. The guy definitely had something he wanted to prove - but to who?

"I do have an AK," he said in response. "I don't use it much, so I'm not partial. But if you prefer the pistol, then I won't push it." Jiyeon stepped onto the elevator after checking that no one else was on their way, and pressed the button to go up and leaned against the wall as the doors closed and started to ascend. As they waited, Jiyeon pulled out a knife and began to absently sharpen it; the way the metal sang was musical to him.

A moment later, he looked up, hands moving as though he could use his weapons in his sleep. His eyes flickered to Kondo, before settling on Kido. "You look alike," he noted. "You aren't related, are you?" he asked this, looking between the two. He wasn't sure about the percentages, but he assumed it would be uncommon for family members to arrive at the same time, unless killed at the same time. After all, he still hadn't found Jihyun. Then again, the two looked the same, had the same sounding names, and often spoke together or moved in unison - if they were twins then perhaps their inseparability got them both killed together.

So far, he had a standard opinion of the both of them: Kondo was obedient but also timid in a way, which was annoying, whereas Kido was arrogant and prideful, which got on his nerves at first but now he wasn't sure. Both were attractive, given the circumstances he'd probably try and get with either of them - or both at the same time, he wasn't picky.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Aryasaurus Aryasaurus
RE: KIDO & KONDO

Examiner Notes: No worries! I haven't had much time this week anyways. D:

Classified
Frowning a bit at Jiyeon's seemingly rhetorical question, it couldn't be said that Kido much appreciated the tone. The fact that he was here following the instructions of this black-haired man made it seem obvious to him that he hadn't spoken to anybody else, but through his irritation elected to simply not respond. Kido, while generally an opinionated person, was not usually this irritable - it seemed that the situation was taking a toll on him, though he was trying his best to not let it. He did cheer up when Jiyeon agreed with him on the theory, however. On the other hand, Kido seemed to also be annoyed by the girl's hesitation. Her slow method of speaking and the fact that she was hanging at the back was getting on his nerves. At Jiyeon's remark to her to stay at the back of the group, Kido nodded in agreement. "Stay back and don't slow us down," the blonde agreed.

Kondo immediately perked up and glared at the two men. "It's not that I'm uncomfortable," she snapped, "I'm just not thrilled about walking into a random battle with a weapon I don't like." She responded sharply, clutching the pistol in her small hands and frowning. Shaking her head discontentedly and looking away from the other two in the elevator, her jaw gained a stubborn set. It appeared that she did have a sense of pride similar to Kido's after all. Meanwhile Kido blinked once before shrugging. He supposed that her point made sense but he figured sympathizing with her would show weakness, so he decided not to respond and instead focus on Jiyeon.

"I'm happy with the pistol," Kido confirmed before looking at the other man curiously. "Why've you got so many weapons on you? I get wanting to be armed but it seems like a burden at this point." He asked, eyeing Jiyeon's arsenal of weapons as the man sharpened his knife. The elevator steadily moved up and Kido could feel the blood starting to pump through his veins in excitement. He grinned a little to himself in anticipation of the battle that awaited him, eager to jump right in. It was apparent that war was in his blood as he edged towards the elevator door to get going. As Jiyeon asked about being related to the girl, Kido shrugged once again. "No clue, I just woke up and she started mimicking me." He responded, still frustrated with how he and Kondo were still moving and talking together on occasion.

As soon as Jiyeon had asked the question, Kondo had sighed. She had been hoping to avoid this question for awhile, but at Kido's response she glared at him again. "I was not mimicking you," she protested with a roll of her eyes. After a moment's pause she sighed again and held out her hand to the blonde man. "Kondo Sozui." She stated, placing emphasis on her last name.

"Wait, so we are... related?" Kido seemed taken aback.

"Probably."

"Oh. I'm older, right?"

"Dunno. I'm 25, I think."

"... so am I. Twins, then?"

"Probably." Kondo repeated, hand still held out to shake. Kido took it, shaking it three times while staring at the woman with an odd expression. After a few seconds the expression evaporated and the twins turned away from each other, letting go of their handshake, instead both facing Jiyeon.

"So apparently we're related." They said to him in unison before glancing at each other, raising their eyebrows, looking away from each other again and crossing their arms with a sigh. Meanwhile, the elevator arrived at their destination and the doors began to open.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Sacrosanctus Sacrosanctus @everybody
RE: Raydn Walker

Examiner Notes:

ClassifiedThe darkness consumed his body. His senses, thoughts, and consciousness faded into the abyss. All awareness of time disappeared, and he spent both a moment and an eternity drifting into nothingness. Then, an influx of light flooded the void. He watched more colors than he could imagine flood his vision. The lights were overwhelmed by a red glow, and soon he felt his body violently fling itself around. Several faces flashed by his vision, shouting words that he couldn't hear. The lights stretched out, and he felt a crippling fear penetrate his gut. A blaring noise gradually filled his ears, a prelude to some horrible danger that he knew was coming.

He looked around, his vision blurred. The taste of blood filled his mouth as he stared at the rocky planet ahead of him. He reached out for someone, reached for his gun--

When Raydn woke up, his arm was stretched out and he was sitting up. He took a moment to reboot his senses, his consciousness slowly coming back to him. What was that? More memories? So far, all he knew about his life was that he was sent to a certain planet to gather more resources for his home. He thought about those people, the terror he felt when he was faced with death...

Dammit, they got me again! Raydn interrupted his brooding when he realized that he was just killed by angels. This would be his 3rd death, and he was so pissed at those ugly things. He flung his body off the bed, using the sheets to cover himself. Only after a moment of searching was he able to find a pair of pants and a t-shirt. He knew that the other Afterlifers were short on supplies, one of many reasons he hated their beloved HQ. How could he depend on a group that was so unreliable?

"I repeat--" Raydn suddenly heard a voice on an old PA. Thomas Smith. "--I want a group of ten Afterlifers to make their way up the secondary elevator and get to the greenhouse, stat! Others should be focusing on getting the respawning Afterlifers into shape, and-- GODDAMMIT, GET ME THAT DAMNED ENGINEER ONCE SHE WAKES UP."

Raydn sighed in frustration. As usual, these people didn't even know how to manage their own base. The only reason he associated with them at all was because they could easily make his afterlife an even worse hell. He spent his time mapping out the ruins for these idiots and in return they mostly left him alone. But he inevitably had to clean up their messes when they couldn't handle themselves anymore.

He looked around for Petra, seeing that she wasn't there yet. I wonder if she ACTUALLY got away... It wouldn't be too surprising if Petra survived the double angel attack. After all, she is rather competent despite using a sword for some reason. It would be quite embarrassing if she survived and he didn't...

His attention went back to the matter at hand. He couldn't find a gun lying around in the room, so he decided to go find one before heading up to the greenhouse. It didn't take long, there was plenty of left over gear from deceased Afterlifers. Raydn gave a silent apology to the people he was robbing, but he knew that they would probably do the same if they had a chance. He then made his way over to the elevator, wondering what happened to make this horrible place even worse than usual.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Berries Berries

Examiner Notes: I forgot to mention Jeanette near the elevators before, RIP I'M SORRY!!

Classified
"Tch-" Jiyeon clicked his tongue at the stubborn woman; he sheathed his knife, attaching it back to his belt. "And you know its the wrong weapon for you after you wake up with amnesia?" The Korean soldier scoffed and shook his head, folding his arms across his chest. "You should be grateful I gave you anything at all."

"It feels safe," was the only comment he offered, and was somewhat quiet - perhaps even shy - about the question. He would have loved to say something much cooler, or that it was for taking out the angels in epic ways, but the truth was a little more personal that he cared to admit, and not something he would talk about this sober. Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably, but was relieved when the conversation moved on. He listened with an amused glint in his eyes, though he didn't physically smile.

"Be ready," he says - in his mind he imagined himself back in Korea, the colonel of his unit of elite soldiers. He could imagine this as one of his missions - a three man unit tasks to scout, eliminate and destroy the enemies no matter the cost. They were tools, expendable, and he embodied it. Jiyeon remembered little, only that he was a survivor. Whether it was here, or somewhere else, he would always be a survivor.

Jiyeon pulled the modified sniper off his back and stepped out into the hall and motioned - specifically at Kondo, because he felt that she would be more of a risk factor - to stay silent and follow him. There weren't going to be any if's, but's or maybe's about it this time. Jiyeon lead the twins towards the greenhouse, his footsteps were unheard, it was almost as though he had completely disappeared, and perhaps he would have if he could turn invisible. Alas, he couldn't, although the only thing that told the twins where he was, was his physical appearance in front of them. He rose the gun as they neared the greenhouse, but he stopped holding his hand, palm up, behind his back to bring the two to a halt a few feet away.

Jiyeon let out a low whistle that anyone in the greenhouse could recognise as his. He needed to alert the other Afterlifers potentially inside that an ally had arrived, and then slowly made his way inside. However, it wasn't what he had hoped for. Arian... Jiyeon hadn't spoken much to, well, anyone really, yet still he felt his blood boil. He wondered how long it would take for him to come back, if he ever did, and yet he knew.

"Its still here," he spoke as quietly as he possibly could, yet loud enough that the twins could still hear him - either way, it was fairly quiet, and they most likely didn't here him completely. Either way, he made a series of militaristic gestures that the twins may or may not have understood: his first gesture was simply pointing at himself, followed by the second gesture of cupping one hand over his brow, as though he was shielding his eyes from the sun. Thirdly, he held hand vertically up, bending his elbow and clutching all his fingers except for his index finger, which looked almost as though he was pointing to the sky. And lastly, with hand palm down he sharply made a cutting motion across his throat, followed by crossing both arms across his chest in an X shape.

"I see one dead. Imminent danger ahead."

Jiyeon hoped Kondo could deal with it, otherwise she would be finding herself dead again real soon. He didn't have the same worry for Kido, though, that guy was tough as it was. It wasn't as though he needed help with this fight, but even so, he just hoped that backup would come before the angel crawled out of whatever hole it was in.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Aryasaurus Aryasaurus Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy LuciTheGreat LuciTheGreat haydenly1633 haydenly1633 TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Weaknees Weaknees HUBRlS HUBRlS Seascaped Seascaped Vudukudu Vudukudu neverlandeds neverlandeds
RE: KIDO & KONDO

Examiner Notes: I tagged all of you because we're fighting an angel in the greenhouse now, come join us! 3:

Classified
Kondo scowled at Jiyeon's scoff, looking at the man angrily. She shouldn't have to justify herself to these men when they hadn't seen what she could do, but as she was about to make a retort she closed her mouth - realizing that she had no clue what she was capable of. Sure, the pistol in her hands felt off, and the sight of Jiyeon's rifle made her fingers itch, but in reality she knew nothing. Coming to that realization she forced herself to stand down and made a sharp exhale to calm down. Meanwhile, Kido raised his eyebrows at Jiyeon's response to his question. That was the most shy he had seen Jiyeon be so far, and took a small mental note. Dropping the subject, no more words were said until Jiyeon directed them to get ready. Kido had been ready for awhile now, his eyes fiery and safety off.

For the rest of the elevator ride Kondo hadn't spoken again but when Jiyeon commanded them to get ready, her head came up; raising her pistol up next to her shoulder. As the black-haired man lead the way out of the elevator into what appeared to be a greenhouse, she followed at the back behind Kido. Her footsteps were stealthy - arguably on par with Jiyeon's. Sticking close to the walls and moving with the shadows, it was apparent that the woman knew a thing or two about stealth. Whether or not she knew combat was yet to be seen, but her movements at least were correct.

Kido gave much less care to his steps. For the first few steps out of the elevator his feet made loud plodding sounds, but quickly he seemed to realize they were in stealth mode and he quieted down. He was far from the level of either of the others, but at least the effort was there. At this point he had surrendered the lead to Jiyeon but still kept significant ground ahead of Kondo, but he seemed to be faltering between his want to lead and his want to hang back with the girl and protect her. When Jiyeon signaled them to stop, Kido followed the instruction. Both twins had seemed to undergo a change; Kido was more compliant and Kondo was more confident.

Kondo was too far back to hear Jiyeon's words, but in response to his gestures she held up one hand with three fingers extended, her thumb and forefinger touching (Understood). Meanwhile, Kido had heard the other man's words and offered a brief nod, but at the hand gestures seemed confused - though he did understand pretty clearly what a finger across the throat meant. Either way he had lost none of his bravado and was clearly itching to get into battle, his finger ready to leap on the trigger. From somewhere on their left there was a small creaking noise, which immediately drew Kondo's attention.

Zeroing in on a vent, the woman was about to signal to Jiyeon that she heard something when a massive screech filled the air, shaking the twins' eardrums and loud enough to be heard for miles.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Aryasaurus Aryasaurus Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy Berries Berries
RE: Rosencrantz

Examiner Notes: (OOC Here)

Classified‘Irish?’ The dialect was a bit of an unexpected surprised, but certainly an upgrade from Snakeyes in the Hallway of Horrors. Lips pursed, the man with the singular pink lock narrowed his amber eyes at the blonde before him as they stood. From a quick observation, Rosencrantz couldn’t decipher the age of the male before him, basing upon his height and mousey tone, that perhaps he was a child. Then again, he could be entirely wrong, what with the heavy accent slathering his words as he spoke. Regardless, he’d take him any day than Juniper, that guy was bad news wrapped up in shinning ribbons and bows. A faint shudder escaped him as he readjusted the blanket he had bestowed him with, only to have the briefest thought of tossing it to the wind and walking around stark naked. It didn’t appear as though any one cared too terribly much. Dead, right? So, what exactly mattered in this place? Swiftly, he dispelled his own thoughts, only realizing a moment later that he blanked in front of the Irishman.

“I apologize, I’m still a bit groggy. Had a rather rude awakening.” He chuckled sheepishly, reminded of the forming bruises and wooden splinters sure to show peppered in his skin when the lights were functioning properly, if they ever did. The shadow of his grin began to sink as he thought over what information he had be given, and whether or not it was the grandest idea to tell the child. Lips parting, as he decided what would be the more suitable course of actions, he was interrupted by a woman darting down the hall in the direction he had previously came from. A side-long look from the woman and Rose was very much so aware once again that he was in nothing but a blanket.

A sigh escaped him as he rubbed his temple with his free hand. “Perhaps this would be something best explained as we search for something a bit more…covering.” Directing his eyes elsewhere, not wanting to be deemed a pedophile, he waited for the statement to kick in. Once he was certain he saw the boy squirm, he offered out his henna-like tattooed hand for his, to lead him away from the butchered corpses in the path behind himself. In that moment, the very second their fingers connected, it felt like a sudden shift, like ice readjusting in a drink. One ice cube began to float to the top, light-headedness twisting his vision, and suddenly gone just as it had come. Mouth having settled into a wincing gasp, the man slowly shook his head, trudging on with the blonde in the direction Ciaran had come from. ‘Once the insanity settles, surely this place has an infirmary of sorts. Are concussions even possible when you’re dead?’ He thought, glancing back at the boy with an apologetic twitch of a grin. “Rosencrantz.”

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Aryasaurus Aryasaurus Berries Berries Trappy Trappy
RE: JEANETTE

Examiner Notes: I return. Do apologize for any... inconsistencies ><

Classified
Having hopped onto the elevator at the last second, Jeanette rested her gun against the rickety frame of the elevator as it ascended, mind going berserk with erratic thoughts. Has the Greenhouse collapsed? Is there anything left? Where's the gardener? She hadn't seen him come down, and the cabbages she found earlier suggested the man was in a dire situation. Could they recover from all this? Could they ever? Would she have to resort to... her old strategies?

All of her thoughts were uninterrupted throughout the whole ride up, with the words of the other people inside the elevator going into one ear and going straight out the other. Only when the elevator went to a sudden halt, its shaky rust-filled metal frame colliding rather roughly with the equally shoddy elevator ceiling, did Jeanette zone back into reality. And she returned to a most harrowing sight.

The greenhouse has, as she feared, collapsed, with its steel framework crushing the once delicious, tasty, mouth-foaming flora beneath it. Jeanette could almost feel pain in her heart, as her stomach cried out in defeat. She picked up her rifle and approached the place casually, despite the others still being cautious about any potential danger. One particular Militant had inspected the interior, and found the deceased Arian, lying on the ground as his corpse begins to dissolve. Her hands caressing a patch of crushed cabbages, Jeanette sighs.

But as a piercing screech echoed through the air, she stood upright, letting out a slightly audible gasp of surprise and shock, as her feet found themselves grinding into the ground tighter, as she reared her rifle, ready for a shot.

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: Berries Berries Kabboom Kabboom

Examiner Notes: Sorry for the delays!

Classified
Jiyeon didn't seem to mind whether the others were in stealth or not. Though the situation seemed much more dire than he anticipated. The greenhouse had been completely destroyed, though he wasn't sure where the culprit was lurking about as of yet. The soldier glanced back and motioned the twins to follow him as he dared to venture forth into the collapsed structure, the sight of the dissolving body would have been apparent at that point, if it hadn't been before. The body itself belonged to an Afterlifer, who seemed to be freshly dead on the ground, less than an hour old, hence the fact that he was now dissolving.

Jiyeon had opened his mouth to speak his plan for what they should do next, however, that was when the digital screech of the angel rang through the base. It was very close, its claws could be heard as it crawled through the ventilation shafts scratched against the steel and raising the hair on the back of their neck. His thoughts swayed from the damaged food source to the threat now ahead of them.

The angel came out of the open vent before anyone could really react. A streak of white feathers and claws was all that was seen before the gunfire began...

sku_435606_1.jpg
Incoming Report ...
To: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
RE: CIARAN

Examiner Notes: ;) ;) ;)

Classified
Ciaran stared with starry eyes up at the taller male - actually, he guaranteed most men here would be much taller than himself, but he digressed. He wasn't sure about the how's, why's or what's of the situation, but he could slowly feel every fibre of his being congress into this mass amount of fascination. The infatuation began on sight, and slowly bloomed like a rose as he got to witness more and more about this man. A rose, like him.

Ciaran closed his mouth and adoringly focused on the god-like man in front of him. His laugh was angelic, his voice was holy - I could worship this man and live a content life. He blinked, listening to the heavenly sound of his laughter and melting inside. However he still tilted his head, frowning with concern, his attention so solely fix on the male before him that he didn't seem to register anything else around him. He wanted to help, if he could, but there was really very little that he could do right now in his nakedness. "Aye, that might be best," he agreed, flashing a grin.

A hand. Tattooed intricately, and extending towards the small blonde. His breath hitched with a small gasp, his heart began to pound against his chest as he looked up, questioning the reason behind this gesture. Timid and a little hesitant at first, Ciaran took the man's hand, primarily curious about the action and what it meant. But as soon as their flesh touched, his heart began to pound faster, hammering against his rib cage. He was almost certain the object of his new-found obsession could hear it pulsing. If this much interaction between flesh was all Ciaran needed to feel hot and bothered, he could almost imagine how much he would be begging if he had to endure much more.

Ciaran swallowed the lump forming in his throat as quietly as he could. His mind forcing his memory of that one kiss to the front of his mind. Those soft lips - the love and warmth. He wanted to feel it. He greedily wanted a great deal of things right now, and one or two were not for the eyes or ears of children. However most of what he wanted revolved around this beautiful vessel beside him.

Rosencrantz. So he was a rose, like Ciaran had surmised. A poetic name for a man who's looks could only be alliterated in such smooth and rhythmic poems seen crafted by Shakespeare himself.

Ciaran took a deep breath. He needed to calm himself down, yet he couldn't help but throw glances up at Rose... Rose.. Rose-senpai? Senpai. That sounded nice, though, perhaps a bit too embarrassing to say directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back