• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To Ravenwood (OPEN)

Vampiricdoll

Freelance Illustrator and Character Designer
Co-Owner is Ritual Ritual

Send New Email
New Email Received
Student
Welcome to Ravenwood
Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! On behalf of the faculty and staff at Ravenwood University, it is with great pleasure that I, your principal, inform you of your admission to Ravenwood as a member of the Class of 2017. Here at Ravenwood University, You will have a chance to work with some of the greatest Magicians, Potion makers, Crafters, and Teachers from all over the world. Our school flourishes on Individuality, and Diversity, and here, everyone is welcome!

Before you arrive, here are a few things to keep in mind that keeps our school running smoothly.

Littering is a huge no, if you are caught, you may face a detention or community service to clean up around the school grounds under supervision of one of the staff.

Smoking is prohibited, any student caught with cigarettes or other forms of recreational smoking materials may be warned and asked to hand over their narcotics. Any student caught distributing or continuing to neglect this rule may face harsher consequences including detention.

Drugs are STRICTLY prohibited. Any student caught with hard drugs of any kind will be immediately banished from the school grounds. NO EXCEPTION.

Uniforms are to be worn at ALL TIMES outside of one’s own dormitory. If, for some reason, you have not yet received your Uniform at the time of this emails arrival, please contact either I or another staff member immediately.

Curfew is 10pm. On the dot. No exceptions. Anyone caught outside of the dormitories after this hour WILL be questioned if they are caught.

Attendance is mandatory. You will have a total of 3 sick days per semester unless otherwise noted by the nurse’s office. Anyone who is late to class MUST carry a note explaining why they were late. Students who fail to provide a valid excuse will be marked. 2 marks is a lunch detention, 3 is an after school detention; anything more than that will be decided depending on the situation and severity of the student’s behavior.

There will be four dormitory houses, Maple, Aspen, Hemlock and Locust. Students are to stay in their assigned dormitories; there will be a nightly check of every house to make sure all students are in for the night.

We are excited to meet you, and to introduce you to our school!
~Principal Khobohor

Tabs:

Last edited:
Munneth:
The black feathered sphinx approached the university, tail swaying and head held high. Her pride easily being shown to those around her. She entered the school building, taking in the architecture around her. It was pretty, but it was nothing compared to her home back in Egypt. Now that was a sight to see. She continued through the school until she found another pair of doors, leading outside. It was an enclosed area, with tables, benches, and a fountain right in the middle. She nodded in a approval and stride over to the fountain, then laid down on all fours and basked in the sunlight. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

"This reminds me of home..." She thought to herself.

(I'm going to have each character enter the roleplay at one point. But I'll start with Munneth since she's the principal's daughter. Feel free to interact with her.)

Winter looked around the school yard in the schools male uniform as she refuses to wear the females version, as she walked around she saw munneth and walked up to her spiders could be seen on her shirt and crawling around in her hair "hello there I'm winter may I ask your name miss?" She asked sounding more like a male with her short hair it made her look even more like a boy.

Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Last edited:
Luna walked out into the school yard. She saw some students sitting by a fountain. She didn't really want to go meet them or anything but they were sitting by the only water she could see so she figured she should go there anyway. She walked around the other side and sat down with her arm over the wall, letting her hand rest in the water. It was weird for her being away from home, she never left for anything before. If they needed something, she watched her sister while her dad got it for them. She didn't say anything to the other students, she just enjoyed the water.

Bella walked into school with her uniform on. When she put it on she hated the feeling so she walked into the woods before she came. Her uniform was all torn and ripped. Bella saw some out in the school yard. She just laughed and said "what a bunch of lamos." She was to her dorm and she just gagged. "This place is horrible. Its so ugly. They definitely need to color things up in here. Which just gave me a perfect idea for a little gift to the principal."

Ryze enters the school yard books in hand, wearing her uniform she feels uncomfortable wearing a skirt but she managed to hide shorts underneath which she greatly prefers. As she approached she saw a few students sitting around the fountain, as much as she thought about going to introduce herself she figured it would be best to stay away from the fountain itself and just go sit on one of the nearby benches that was directly in the sun.
She walked up to the bench and sat down opening the book she had at hand and started reading. She loved sitting in the sun rather than sitting in the shade, she found it more comfortable in the warmth of the morning sun.

Last edited:
James is going around the gothic school with a giant piece of piping slung over his back. The caretaker of the institute of magic was wearing his normal giant jacket, shirt and trousers. Being an 8ft tall Frankenstein's monster looking guy meant you can't really find stuff in your size. As he walks outside into the field, he feels a smile come over his face as he feels the sun touch is green skin. It was always good to see the students enjoying themselves. He says "Sorry kids don't mind little old me a second", as he shuffles through the queue for the water fountain. We shuffle as well as old Franky can. Going around the back of the building, eventually reaching the boiler room, he quickly fixes the piece of piping into the complex plumbing system. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Franky sits outside the boiler room for few seconds enjoying the sun.
mijwan mijwan

Winter watches him as several spiders went over to the monter with a water bottle and gave it to James , as one climbed up his arm and nussled him pointing to winter, whom was looking his way concern in her eyes which could be seen through the mask she wore.

SirGrey SirGrey

Luna watched James pass. She lifted her hand out of the water and spun around for a better view. She watched as the spiders crawled over to him. She was wondering who he was. She couldn't tell how old the sphinx was but he definitely seemed like he was not just another student. She stood up, brushed down her skirt and walked over to him. The spider was directing his gaze to someone else but she didn't see the issue in just introducing herself. "Hello," she said, sounding a little shaky. She coughed and started again. "Hello, I just wanted to say hi. What brings you here?" She asked him, certain he heard her but she was almost 3 feet shorter so she was not certain he saw her.

SirGrey SirGrey

While the other students entered Ravenwood with excited expressions and full of hopeful anxiety, a girl with black hair and large cross choker around her neck watched them enter from the window of her house. She was already catching up on the syllabus as a way to distract herself from looking out past the entrance and towards the unknown clouds that surrounded the academia. Taking a deep breath, the young girl then looked down at the letter in her hand, her lips lifting slightly in a sad smile. "Don't worry, abuelita. I will make you proud. I promise.Te juro." There was a hint of a Spanish accent at the tip of Her fingers glided over the signature at the bottom with loving gentleness before she folded it up and shoved it into her desk. The girl finally stood with her bag on her shoulder and headed to the orientation, praying that she would make it through the day without any possible problems or conflicts that would get her noticed.

After all, the only reason she was here was not to be noticed.

Munneth:
She looked down at the approaching students and took interest in the one who asked for her name. "I am Munneth. I hail from Egypt." She replied to the spider covered girl. "You seem quite interesting. Those spiders seem to enjoy your company." She chuckled. "Who may you be?" She asked of the shifter.

Ardrae:
The high elf entered the school yard, arms full of books and hands full of pencils. She was out of breathe since she had come all the way from her dorm room. She plopped onto a bench alone, and put down her notes and novels. She picked up one titled "Combat 101". She had joined the house Maple, but knew nothing of hand to hand combat. The dryads that lived in each tree of each house gave private lessons to the attendees of the home. Maple turned out to be combat and she knew a majority of it would be melee, not magic. She picked up a pencil, and notebook and opened the book to the first page. As she read, she took notes.

(Jeeil will come in later. ALSO just a heads up, the first day is all about moving in and getting used to your surroundings. Actual classes start tomorrow.)

Winter chuckled "I'm winter Evans but everyone calls me seamstress or spider, and I'm a arachnasapien, so it's quite common for spiders to be attracted to us, and it's also the mask I'm wearing to protect my eyes they think I'm a spider as well which isn't far from the truth"she said smiling at her kindly as a white ghost spider climbed out of her jacket and sat on her head "I will never understand you and your obsession with staying on my head casper." she said petting the spider on its thorax, which caused it to purr in pleasure at the feeling and causing winter to laugh

Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Bella grabbed her spray cans and went somewhere where she could see the other students but they could only see a bit of her. Bella wanted to be able to get out of there fast if she had to. She started to paint the wall of a colorful lion. (It looks somewhat like the pic)(sorry for short posts I have work and don't know how long I can respond)

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Banba giggled as once again, she rolled down a hill. Landing at the bottom, she boucned to her feet and took off running, still slightly laughing. She came to a halt as she neared the school's main courtyard, Banba hiding herself behind a tree. Students milled about, new and old alike. Her eyes flashing with determination, literally, Banba walked past the treeline towards a girl by the foutain, dipping her hand in the water. Flashing a grin to the girl, Banba gracefully jumped onto the edge and swan dived into the tiny pool. When she was falling, however, her body morphed into that of a goldfish, so she landed with nothing more than a "splish!" And was swimming happy laps around the foutain.

Ryze shifts her gaze up from her book, only to see a girl not only swan dive into the fountain but also transform her body into a goldfish, she figured there were other magical beings attending the school but it still took her slightly by surprise. As she was about to focus her gaze back down to her book she felt her shoulder become slightly heavy, she turned her head only to notice that her pet crow had decided to land on her “Hello Echo, good to see you” she spoke quietly rubbing the side of Echo’s face with her hand, He caws happily at her touch.

Last edited:
As he walks back to the front of the school, cursing the ban on smoking under his breath, he feels something upon his arm. Looking he sees as small spider...nussling him. They can do that apparently, as well as pointing. Looking over to where the spider points, he sees a student with a mask. Before he can go over and say anything, another student grabs his attention. "Oh er sorry, their kid didn't see ya," Franky says as gives her a simple smile. "Oh well er I do work here I'm the caretaker of this place, I make sure it don't fall to bits and that sort stuff, oh er James is my name by the way".

mijwan mijwan raven flame raven flame

Bella heard some people talking so she quickly ran to her bed and hid the paint cans under it, she then went to the bathroom to wash her had so no one knew it was her. Bella loved to cause mischief. She enjoyed not getting caught but the fun part is when she is. Just cause she enjoys getting caught doesn't mean she will on purpose,

Winter looked over at James and saw him talking to a kid as she turned and walked up to him the ghost spider still on her head and spiders still crawling around on her body , as she got close to him she smiled "I hope your OK you looked about to faint there for a second sir" she said calmly and kindly SirGrey SirGrey

Luna forced a smile for Winter and though she would introduce herself. "Hello, I'm Luna," she said facing winter before turning back to James. "It's a pleasure to meet you then. Do you know what were supposed to be doing today? Is there anywhere we are supposed to be today?" She asked the caretaker. If anyone she had seen would know, She figured it would be him.

SirGrey SirGrey

Winter smiled in greeting as Casper crawled off of her head and jumped onto Luna's shoulder before climbed onto her head which caused winter to try to keep from laughing........and failing miserably as she had tears coming out of her eyes from under her mask, as she laughed at the sight of the ghost spider somehow doing a dance on the girls head, it wanting to see winter smile out of happiness, and not sadness

mijwan mijwan

Last edited:
Putting down the book she was just reading Ryze stands up, Echo still happily sitting on her shoulder. She picks up her book as she turns she notices two girls talking to who she would assume was the school’s caretaker, Echo caws grabbing Ryze’s attention “Think they know where the dorms are” she replies. She approaches both girls and the caretaker as she gets closer she notices a white spider sitting on top of one of the girl’s head, Ryze covers her mouth holding in her laughter the spider looked out of place on top of the girl’s head. She turned her head only to notice the other girl crying with laughter, Ryze walks up to the girl with the spider on top of her head and politely taps her on her shoulder “Uh sorry to interrupt but you have something on your head” Ryze points towards the spider, she didn’t want to alarm the girl but she figured that she should at least tell her.

Winter looked over at ryze and what Shea's sent her over the edge as her knees buckled out from under her and she fell to the floor laughing tell she couch breathe.

As she calmed down she got up and looked at the three "forgive me to see Casper do something like that is very out of character for him I'm surprised he even left my side as he is prone to stay close or on me 24/7" she said with a soft smile as the ghost spider climbed onto her outstretched arm

Seeing Casper return to where he originally belonged she smiled "It was funny though, but at least he's back by your side” she replied, before she walked off she turned to Winter “Oh, my name is Ryze and this is Echo” she pointed to the crow sitting quietly on her shoulder “By any chance do you know where the dorms are?” she asked, she may have been a little lost when it came to where classes were and where their dorms are but she thought it would be easier if she asked someone at least for directions.

Luna looked at Ryze but stayed silent for now because she was just as confused. She had barely arrived an hour ago and all of her belonging were in the old satchel she wore because she had also not found the dorms yet. She stood tall and waited quietly for the response to Ryze's question.

Yes I do what house do you belong in and if you need help then you can ask Luna I'm glad to help both of you if you ate lost" she said smiling gently at the shy girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back