• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To Olympus OOC

Stormyface Stormyface I am confused on what time period this is in, it's established that they have some followers, so I thought the Greek Golden age, but then someone brought up Chicago and someone in Korea with rifle and then you with the internet, and it's very confusing, especially when my character had stated that
Hawaii was still being formed at this point? And then hot bar soap? From space? Does that mean aliens? Also aren't only Roman gods connected to planets? This is hurting my brain

Stormyface Stormyface I am confused on what time period this is in, it's established that they have some followers, so I thought the Greek Golden age, but then someone brought up Chicago and someone in Korea with rifle and then you with the internet, and it's very confusing, especially when my character had stated that
Hawaii was still being formed at this point? And then hot bar soap? From space? Does that mean aliens? Also aren't only Roman gods connected to planets? This is hurting my brain
I was under the impression it was present-day, because that's how it was last time this rp was made. Ask Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Hello I was just wondering what characters are available and what it would take to join?

I'm relatively new to online RPing but a hard time Gary Gygax worshipper. Also warhammer 40k and related RP's too.

Hello I was just wondering what characters are available and what it would take to join?

I'm relatively new to online RPing but a hard time Gary Gygax worshipper. Also warhammer 40k and related RP's too.
Hey there, hon. Welcome to the nation. Anyway this RP is very easy to join. just click the link to the CS page and follow the outline set int he first post. There are already quite a few CS completed if you need examples. Just make sure that you character (in this case a god) does not overlap the domain of any of the others. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I think I have enough of a grasp on the site to point you int he right direction at the very least.

That's pretty good

When I was working in the hospital on Friday one patient I was working with couldn't figure out if I was a guy or a girl, and I have boobs and was wearing makeup so idk how

Don't know why it is so hard to figure out. Obviously you are a monstrous agender android from the future seeking to infiltrate the US medical system and bring the world crashing down and usher in the new, 'Paint-The-Wind', [Name Being Workshoped] New World Order [Testing Well Among The Middle Class].

What is wrong with people these days?

1320728930539.jpg

Proud Ork (And Fantasy Orc) player for 12 years now.

I've been mistaken for a girl almost my entire time on RPN.
I challenge both y'all.

Never had that happen to me. I have a very 'masculine' writing style or something. At least I like to think so... really hope its not because everyone thinks I'm just not very pretty. ;)

Stormyface Stormyface Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

You guys are having the most awkward and convoluted conversation that seems to be getting nowhere really?
Also I any god can change gender, actually a lot of gods have been noted to change gender to impregnate or get impregnated.
And humans have had dress codes even in Greek times, though a bit less conservative there were rules to society.
I am also confused that after being alive for who knows how long, you are just now contemplating your powers?

You guys are having the most awkward and convoluted conversation that seems to be getting nowhere really?
Also I any god can change gender, actually a lot of gods have been noted to change gender to impregnate or get impregnated.
And humans have had dress codes even in Greek times, though a bit less conservative there were rules to society.
I am also confused that after being alive for who knows how long, you are just now contemplating your powers?
IMG_1055.jpg
These beings are beyond your comprehension. Attempting to understand them is inadvisable. Even with mild transcendence, I was still forced to journey through madness itself to get into the mindset of a minor god. There are some things beyond the scope of imagination.

tl;dr it's a slice of life with gods, don't think too hard about it.

1. Do you have to consciously think about every single breath you make in order to breath? No? So why should an immortal primordial being who can birth stars simply by existing really even care to think about doing that? That is, until someone brings it to his attention. Besides he wasn't contemplating his power, he was quite literally stating a fact. Magic IS convoluted, and he CAN do better than anything mortal magic could produce with minimal effort. He's older than all civilizations; I think he can do things no one on Earth has ever even dreamed of.
  2. Now, ont he off chance you are actually referring to how he explained how gods change forms, you literally answered your own question. He's been alive "for who knows how long" (Just before the birth of the existence btw, right after Darkness and Night were created from Chaos). That mean he had has a lot of spare time on his hands to think about these things. Not every star in the universe is hand-crafted. Most only feel his touch after they are born. That leaves a lot room for contemplating the entire universe, including how gods across all the galaxies and in-between do what they do.
  3. Speaking as if gods were, in fact, real, human beings would literally have no way of knowing what they do to look the way they look. Obviously, there is some kind of rule system, otherwise Aphrodite wouldn't be known predominantly for her beauty, and Hephaestus would have made himself more handsome. Following that train, why do gods even need to change gender to get impregnated? They don't have mortal bodies. Zeus could walk around with 8 nipples if he wanted to.
  4. I assume the dress code comment referring how I was explaining genders. There are quotes there to emphasize that Aster is no actually talking about dress codes and fashion he's talking about complex gender systems in a way that Aisha could easily process.

1. Do you have to consciously think about every single breath you make in order to breath? No? So why should an immortal primordial being who can birth stars simply by existing really even care to think about doing that? That is, until someone brings it to his attention. Besides he wasn't contemplating his power, he was quite literally stating a fact. Magic IS convoluted, and he CAN do better than anything mortal magic could produce with minimal effort. He's older than all civilizations; I think he can do things no one on Earth has ever even dreamed of.
  2. Now, ont he off chance you are actually referring to how he explained how gods change forms, you literally answered your own question. He's been alive "for who knows how long" (Just before the birth of the existence btw, right after Darkness and Night were created from Chaos). That mean he had has a lot of spare time on his hands to think about these things. Not every star in the universe is hand-crafted. Most only feel his touch after they are born. That leaves a lot room for contemplating the entire universe, including how gods across all the galaxies and in-between do what they do.
  3. Speaking as if gods were, in fact, real, human beings would literally have no way of knowing what they do to look the way they look. Obviously, there is some kind of rule system, otherwise Aphrodite wouldn't be known predominantly for her beauty, and Hephaestus would have made himself more handsome. Following that train, why do gods even need to change gender to get impregnated? They don't have mortal bodies. Zeus could walk around with 8 nipples if he wanted to.
  4. I assume the dress code comment referring how I was explaining genders. There are quotes there to emphasize that Aster is no actually talking about dress codes and fashion he's talking about complex gender systems in a way that Aisha could easily process.
They are gods but not all powerful, I have no doubt Hephestestus could turn into a woman, maybe not a very pretty woman, but a woman none the less, key features would seem to remain, like how in the Oddesy, Athena, made Odysseus look like an unrecognizable old man, but he was still a super buff old man.

They are gods but not all powerful, I have no doubt Hephestestus could turn into a woman, maybe not a very pretty woman, but a woman none the less, key features would seem to remain, like how in the Oddesy, Athena, made Odysseus look like an unrecognizable old man, but he was still a super buff old man.
I understand what you are trying to say, but you are not invalidating my points. All powerful or not, deities are just that, and mortals have no way of verifying the limits of power. They have no way of knowing where a god's power actually ends or if their power is only held in check by the oppositions of another god. Who's to say that Hephaestus cannot improve his condition because it is outside of his power or if it is because Hera uses her own powers to thwart his attempts and has cursed him. Maybe Athena did not fully change Odysseus simply because she thought that he would lose himself int eh transformation; humans are known to be strongly tied to their forms. An Odysseus that looks, sounds, and feels sixty may begin to think he is so, no matter the circumstances.

... O.O People seem to be very invested in poor Vulcan making himself prettier or into a woman.

He shall do neither! NEITHER I SAY! You shall love him for him! Including his ugliness, dangling male parts and weaker combat prowess! Love him for who he is, I SAY! Stop imagining him as being different. Monsters!

Love thy brother for who he is. As for this train of thought...

zMn6oRw.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back