• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Welcome to Inkopolis (multiple Splatoon RP ideas, game experience not required)

Top 2 Plot choices:

• The Age of Inkopolis

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Octarian Empire

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Among Higher Tides

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A Sanitized World

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morzone

The Known Stranger
Important Preface: YOU DO NOT NEED THE GAME! I am quite happy to RP with people who have never played Splatoon before. I may direct you to the inkipedia so you can have the information available, but I am quite happy to explain anything that needs explaining.

Greetings and salutations! I'll be honest, I love splatoon. I really, really want to explore its lore, its Au's, its history and future, the small stories, the main characters, the dark origins of its colorful and fresh life, simply everything about it through RP. Obviously this can't be done in a single RP, and I wouldn't really be satisfied with that either. But on the other sites I've RP'd on, I've had a lot of trouble finding other people interested enough to really RP in a splatoon setting.

Anyway, Here are a bunch of RP settings. Note that apart from the last category, these are a lot more serious than the games are.

• Welcome to inkopolis, the great metropolis of inklings and (recently) octolings! news of attacks on the city have come up recently, along with rumors of a legendary "New squidbeak platoon." It's been about 2 weeks since then though. No one really knows who they are or where they came from, but they saved the city. Rumors say they're secretly among us, living day to day life playing turf war and ranked battles. Anyway it's been pretty safe around inkopolis for a while. The inklings and octolings get along fine, and there's a splatfest coming up! All and all things are great! Or so they seems... A new threat is approaching inkopolis. Can the agents protect inkopolis again? Can they do it without revealing their agent identities to their friends? Will they be able to do it alone or will more agents be needed? Let's take a trip down an ink covered lane..

The agents of the new squidbeak platoon, now all returned home to inkopolis, have to try and fit in with normal society once again while still continuing their agent work in secret. Some may struggle with the changes, others may fit in fine. but theirs isn't the only story. Octolings continue to come up to the surface, splitting the octarian empire between those awakened by the inkantation and those still loyal to octavio. With the addition of new X rank levels to the turf war system, top squids are bustling to be labelled the top of the top. grizz co. is expanding and sending squids and octos farther and farther into salmon territory in search of eggs. And the sanitized octolings under the defeated tartar's rule may not be as gone as they seem.

- Note that in this version when the agents are fighting in the field, it is a splat or be splatted situation. Depending on the situation and location you may or may not have (limited) respawn available and enemies you splat are essentially killed, or "permanently splatted." Getting splatted in inkopolis will auto-respawn you in public respawn points, these are unlimited though you might get in trouble for fighting outside turf wars.

(Fair warning if we do this one I like to claim Agent 3)

If there is sufficient interest in multiple plots, I will be happy to set up more than One RP.

Link to "Age of Inkopolis" OOC: Here

Last edited:
Gonna bump this and shout out to Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind and Dutch2775 Dutch2775 Because I feel they'd be most likely to be interested.

Edited the first post to note that the game and prior experience is not required for participating. Some important roles might be barred to people with experience, but anyone can join.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Do any of the different plots particularly stand out to you as your favorite?

I am VERY interested in the first idea, and haven't even looked at the others yet. I'm ok with you claiming Agent 3 (despite what my pfp might suggest) though if we did choose that route, I more than likely would claim Marie, Callie, or both if that's acceptable.

I am VERY interested in the first idea, and haven't even looked at the others yet. I'm ok with you claiming Agent 3 (despite what my pfp might suggest) though if we did choose that route, I more than likely would claim Marie, Callie, or both if that's acceptable.

I knew you'd like it I don't think I've ever had someone want to choose callie and Marie, usually they either want an agent or to make their own character. I don't expect many people to be interested in a non-1x1 splatoon rp so there's no limit on character claiming/creation.

I think most people assume they wouldn't be able to participate in any turf wars/ranked battles as Callie and Marie.

You probably wouldn't... but so what? Is there much you can really do during a turf war? I wanna see some behind-the-scenes drama within the new Squidbeak Splatoon!

I Know! The drama is way more interesting. Have you had a chance to read trough the other settings?

Gonna bump this and shout out to Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind and Dutch2775 Dutch2775 Because I feel they'd be most likely to be interested.

Edited the first post to note that the game and prior experience is not required for participating. Some important roles might be barred to people with experience, but anyone can join.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Do any of the different plots particularly stand out to you as your favorite?
Sorry for not saying anything, but probably the first one.

I am interested on this! I have a male octoling OC that I never used and would love to use him on this opportunity.

The sanitized plot one is my fave

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R No worries, I saw your messages on your profile.

Rycamp Rycamp I'm looking forward to meeting him then!

! I've added a poll so we can narrow down a top choice (You can vote for 2 plots) and get started.

Morzone Morzone May I suggest:

The first one, but the characters are in a band.

A band huh? Well I don't know if we'd be able to start out as one initially, as most of the characters are agents in the new squidbeak platoon already. But Pearl and Marina (From Off The Hook) Are available to be claimed if you'd like to RP them. On the flip side, Music is pretty big in Inkopolis, so it wouldn't be surprising that any OC you make is in their own band or looking for people to help him/her start one. I'd suggest that last one, having a character trying to put a band together sounds like a lot of fun.

interest, checked.

Awesome, Gad to have you.

The poll is set to close in the middle of the night 27-28, so once its done I'll make the various needed threads for the most popular. I set the poll up so everyone could choose 2 plots, though some people seem to have only chosen 1. Nothing wrong with this, you don't have to like more than 1, just want to make sure it was clear you could pick multiple options.

Uh, is there a OOC area to request an another plot that isn't the five you just shown?

if that doesn't make sense, please tell me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back