• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ Welcome To Horizon ~

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Sean Parker

268f22f53681a93eaad792732eb25e15.jpg

Hearing a loud thud behind him made Sean jump a little with his hands curled tightly into a fist. Seeing who it was calmed his nerves and brought him out of defense mode. It was Chloe, the nosy girl who liked to pry into everyone's business. It was probably why she was planted on the ground, leaving Sean a little suspicious. But of course, he couldn't be rude and not assist with lending a hand. Walking up beside Ace, Sean bent over to see if Chloe needed help standing.

Suddenly hearing a female's voice come from behind him made Sean jump again. Everyone was just making his skin crawl today. Turning his head to see who it was, Sean had a little brush creep up on his cheeks. He wasn't expecting her to be wearing a swimsuit. "Sorry. We're just giving the new girl a tour around town. We'll get out of here on-" Sean tried to delegate but was cut off by Zuri's defensive statement. That was something he didn't want to get caught in since Zuri could probably break all of his bones. So his attention was brought back to Chloe, not buying the act she was leading on. "Didn't they teach you in snooping 101 not to get caught? That should have been lesson number one."

Watching the new girl examine Chloe's condition just left Sean shocked and puzzled. Listening to the medical jargon just confused him as that wasn't his level of expertise. Though, the slight possibility that she could be some form of Hannibal Lecter filled his head. Next thing you know they'll be served with a portion of fava beans and Chianti. "If you have any solutions for her nosiness that would probably save her future doctor visits." Watching Jordana look amongst the group, Sean nodded his head agreement to share his contact info. "I'll just give you my digits when walking back to the house. As for school tomorrow. Uhh, you should probably stick with one of us tomorrow. That way you don't get lost." Sean explained but wasn't completely honest. Hoping she wouldn't ask why, Sean knew if she traveled the school on her own there would probably be trouble.

Guerlain-1280x847-1240x821.jpg

Tags: Everyone

Ace’s comment made Casper’s frown deepen. They were bad at telling when Ace was joking, though they tried piecing it together. The details were oddly specific, but oddly specific things happened all the time in real life.

Casper watched as the others rushed to Tree Girl’s aid, feeling a bit bad they weren’t with them.

A new voice spoke up, and Casper turned to Avalia, ignoring basically everything she said as they waved, saying cheerfully, “Hi, Avalia!”

Then, they saw the kitty, and they couldn’t help but smile.

“I like your cat,” Casper said, as amicable as always, though Zuri and Sean likely drowned them out. They didn’t mind, however, instead continuing to look at the puma.

“I’m good,” they said absently, kind of tempted to pet Avalia’s animal.

They couldn’t help but look up as Jordana spoke up, however, frowning as they tilted their head. What did that mean? they asked themself. Even when she simplified they found themself asking the same question, unsure what was going on.

As she introduced herself to the newcomers, Casper again looked towards the big kitty. They really liked cats, and often daydreamed about one day having one of their own, and this might not be a domestic kitty, but it was a kitty all the same, and that was enough in Casper’s book.

Casper missed the first part of what Jordy said, and when they looked up she was already holding out her phone. They frowned at it, confused as they tilted their head, wondering what she could be doing with it. It clicked at what Sean said, so they took her number and entered it into their phone quietly, smiling a bit still.

They followed her as she left, listening to her question. They waited for Sean to finish, then added, “I live close by. I could walk with you.” they smiled at her, sweet and genuine, before their face scrunched up in thought. “...You know about Millie, right?” they asked.

Last edited:
a5.PNG

"Oh! Uhh..." Chloe remained still as Jordana examined her thoroughly. She felt considerably awkward, but didn't move regardless. Once she was done, Chloe stood and dusted herself off.

"...Thanks, I guess? Nice to know I'm not due for a trip to the hospital." She whirled on Sean and huffed.

"Well excuse you, Sean! I could've brought my camera along, but I decided to leave it at home so that you guys wouldn't get the wrong idea! And I'll have you know that the last time I got myself hurt while...uhh...birdwatching was at least five months ago!"
Despite raising her voice, Chloe didn't seem particularly mad at him at all; just slightly hurt. However, when Jordana asked for the group's contact info, her demeanor changed. Before she headed off, Chloe slipped Jordy a small slip of paper from her back pocket with her name and phone number on it.

"Don't bother saving me to your contacts; it's a burner phone in case the FBI catches onto me. Take care of yourself, new girl." She watched Jordana and some others walk away out of earshot. Her glasses were still lopsided on her face from the fall, which she corrected before squinting.

"...I don't trust her."

The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

ACE

"I don't need any of your trust fund bullshit, we were minding our own business, mind yours."

Caught off guard, Ace added a “that’s right!” as an echo to Zuri’s statement before she even processed what was happening, out of habit.

Ace tried to be surprised when Zuri jumped to her defense, but she really couldn’t be. Zuri had always been one to stand up in situations, which was one of the many reason they got along so well. She was nervous that Zuri was about to take it from 1 to 100 fast, so she readied herself to jump in if things got out of hand. Conveniently, things were cooling off fast, so Ace skipped the conflict resolution spheal she was preparing in her head.

Ace wondered why the gal with the big cat got so defensive so quickly. She just as well could’ve been taking pictures of the coast, or the sky, or literally anything else. However, Ace had lived in this town long enough to understand why some might be antsy about photography, and gave the cat owner a closer look. Jotting down her face into memory, she returned her attention to Chloe.

Pleased that the tree girl passed her test, and that she wasn’t going to be involved with someone sustaining a head injury, she felt herself relax a little. Plus, the new girl seemed more than capable of providing rudimentary medical attention.

Coming back with a phone number was concrete evidence that she’d done her job correctly, her mother would be pleased. Jotting it into her contacts, she flashed one last fake smile for good measure.

"So, anything I should know before school tomorrow?"

“Uh, yeah.” She gave the others a quick weighted look. Giving Jordy’s shoulder a forced sympathetic squeeze, she turned to her. “I probably wouldn’t mention where you live, just for now. Some kids at school come from a rough home life, so it might sound like you’re bragging if you talk about it, y’know?” She lied, squinting at the redhead.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse Noble Noble The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Hollycrest Hollycrest

Sean playfully laughed at Chloe's comment, throwing up his fingers to form air quotes. "Right, birdwatching." Folding his arms together he squinted his eyes towards Chloe with a devious smirk on the corner of his mouth. "So weird how I saw you 'birdwatching' by my house a few months ago. I also remember you chatting with my dad for some period of time. Was that also about birdwatching? I guess I wasn't aware of that side of you. Maybe we could birdwatch together." Sean spoke in such a sarcastic tone to bust Chloe's chops.

After Millie's death, people would clamor around Sean's house to investigate and question his father. One particular person he remembered was Chloe, snooping her nose around as usual. "Never change Nancy Drew. Maybe you'll find that bird one day." As they walked away, Sean turned his head with a smile and winked towards Chloe. Was it flirtatious? Maybe, or he just liked to mess with her.

Walking in the direction of Jordana's house, Sean noticed Ace's look towards the group, picking up the hint. Ace knew how to clearly think on the spot which helped Sean immensely. Otherwise, he would just be bumbling around like a chicken without its head. "Yeah, what Ace said. For now, I would just recommend staying off the radar for a little bit."

ebb ebb Hollycrest Hollycrest OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

Last edited:

a5.PNG
Chloe carefully watched Ace's interactions with Jordana. At first glance it seemed like nothing was the matter, but from what she knew about Ace, she was definitely acting differently than normal.
For once, Chloe found herself at a loss for words. Sean had stumped her.
"Uhh...right. I'll just...be on my now. Okay, bye!" She picked up her espresso and tossed it in a garbage bin on her way home. However, she also took time to reflect on everything she had heard.

"Seems the new girl is mildly proficient with medical attention...aside from that she's...well, I don't want to say boring. Her very existence is something that has plagued me ever since she arrived...normally it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but...why Millie's house? And why now? As for Asa and Sean...why do they seem like they're planning something? Only reason Ace would be nice to someone like that is if it benefitted her...something's up."

Chloe replayed Sean's response to her in her head.
"I'm surprised he remembered all those times I tried to gather intel from the sheriff. Then again, he's the man's son...still, I guess I need to be more discreet. But what was up with that wink? Am I reading into things too much? Ugh, I need some sleep..."

Grabbing her hair in her hands, she finally made her way back to her house, quickly scaling the large oak tree out front in order to slip back into her open window.

ebb ebb The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

6929777ddd258720f90f3086316c2ade.jpg
She grinned when Ace had backed up her outburst, hiding her excited blush. She kept quiet as Jordana continued on, showing her number before long and Zuri found herself repeating it in her head over a dozen times before discreetly jotting it into her phone. She didn't know why she felt the need, why would she be calling up the new girl? She probably won't but... in a town like this? It's good to have everyone's number, god knows the favors you might owe someone eventually.
“I probably wouldn’t mention where you live, just for now. Some kids at school come from a rough home life, so it might sound like you’re bragging if you talk about it, y’know?” Ace said, Sean agreeing soon after, and Zuri couldn't help but wonder why she'd try to save the new girl's neck like that, why not let her drown a bit? They don't owe her anything, that was for sure.
School... Zuri thought, school was going to kick Jordana's ass. If she didn't feel a little awkward now, wait until she was in the middle of it. Horizon wasn't always super hospitable, it certainly wasn't enough for Millie, why would it be for Jordana?
Zuri took Ace's shirt again, "Hey," she whispered, "we need to chat about all this when you have the chance, alright?"

Last edited:
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties ebb ebb Noble Noble The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin Hollycrest Hollycrest

7fc102f796e8c88e3f9da656c985957d.jpg

~Jordana~

Before starting her trek, she looked to the girl known as Ava, and wondered why Zuri was so antagonistic of the girl's family was in the mob. That was bad news was it not? She certainly didn't seem like the bratty or entitled type, if Jordy had been in the comfort of her own backyard to see others snooping around she'd probably react the same. She didn't seem to be out in the cold with a swimsuit on, she was a walking Twilight Zone episode for sure. Jordy looked at the big cat which seemed even scarier up close, but seeing that it was purring and cuddling against the girl, maybe it wasn't so bad. Casper seemed to know Avalia, as well as be fond of her. As they, Ace, and Sean took Jordy's phone and put their number in there, Jordana tried her best to make some small talk that could at least make herself acquainted to the estate girl. "You must be tough if you're swimming in the winter time..." She then instinctively looked at Zuri, who was her definition of what a tough girl should look like. Maybe that was why the stand off came? Was she intimidated of Avalia? Or maybe something going on deeper with Ace? They seemed to have some animosity towards the girl for some reason. Jordy had no idea, and honestly she'd rather keep it that way. She just wanted to get friends on the first day, not delve herself in some Gossip Girl drama.

When Jordy felt a hand inside her back pocket, she looks back to see Chloe dropping her contact info, insisting it was only a temporary number since it was a burner. Jordy laughed audibly at Chloe's joke, smiling to see that she had a serious expression opposite of hers. Her smile faltered into a menial charm when she realized it wasn't a joke. First, a girl who... 'birdwatches' and then now having burner contacts? What the hell town did Jordy and her folks get themselves into? Jordy nods silently at her request and feigned her awkwardness. Zuri then followed suit, albeit with a passive demeanor than the rest. Jordana then lead the rest of the group back to the house, after waving a noble farewell to the few hopeful friends she'd made in this very strange encounter. "So long guys, see you tomorrow hopefully."

As they walked back, she heeded Sean's words of wanting to stick one of the group tomorrow, that way she didn't have to go under fire for the newness she was bringing in with her family. Why though? Instead, she nodded and obliged fully to Sean's advice. It was when Casper mentioned a girl named Millie did Jordy look back at him. "Hmm? Who?" Ace then quickly placed a hand on her shoulder, with a smile and a rather engaging look telling Jordy not to mention the house she was living in, suggesting not everyone came from a nice home. From the looks of it her house wasn't even the nicest. These houses on the lake port were very luxurious indeed, and she knew Ace probably had to live in a nice place. So what about her house would be any different? When Sean agreed she just nodded once again. Ace fell back a bit and seemed to be talking to Zuri as Jordy walked with Sean and Casper. "So Avalia seems... unique. And Chloe is... adventurous. Have you guys known them long? Also, is it just you guys in a group or are there more friends? I just don't wanna intrude tomorrow or anything."

As they start to approach the house again, Jordy steps back up into her backyard, she sun just peering over the horizon as a dark blue coats the sky. She sees the adults all outside on the back patio talking and laughing. They all smile when they see their kids walking back safe and sound. They reach the clutches of hearing their parents talking and Jordy stops and cups her hands together. "Guys, thanks for today. Moving from home sucked, and I'm still feeling down about it, but you guys seem cool. So seriously you didn't have to come but you did. And I'm glad I met you guys. See you tomorrow?" Jordy waves at all of them as the parents all do their hand shaking and small hugs to prepare for departure. The Mayor, Sheriff, and Casper's mother all shake Jordy's hand and wished her a welcome and loving support into the community of Horizon, before taking their leave with their kids. Jordy released a genuine half smile and then looked to Zuri. She didn't really have a chance to talk to her much today, but maybe she could tomorrow. "Have a good night Zuri, talk to you tomorrow :) "

The Lawson family waves the guests off as they all clear the residence, and they shut the door just as the sun falls into the horizon. And that was that. Horizon had just taken the Wright house, and made it the Lawson's. The universe would mold and shape itself from that very occurrence, in ways the town wouldn't see coming. Not yet.

But for now, chicken nuggets and then prepare for her first day of school, which was the second semester for everyone else.

(Okay, now everyone can post into the semester back at school now! ^_^ )

Sean Parker

With school starting in a couple of hours, Sean was counting down each minute before his freedoms inevitably taken away. To say that the break was 'fun' was probably an overstatement, but it was better than going back to school. Making way downstairs to the kitchen, Sean saw his father sipping a coffee and reading the paper at the table. The two shared their frequent agitated eye contact as a greeting and carried on with their day. Placing his coffee firmly down on the table, Duke stared at Sean with his typical stoic look on his face. "So, the first day back to school."

"Yep." Sean nonchalantly answered back while looking for some cereal in the cupboards.

"Well, don't go getting into any trouble. I don't want another phone call from your school that you skipped; only to find you in the garage playing that noisy guitar."As intense as Duke comes off, he did care and worry for his son's wellbeing. It's just not as apparent as most parents would be.
"Also, remember that you're to look after the new girl. Jordana? It's her first day in a new school and a new town. So make sure no one tries to screw with her or bully her."

Eyes widened, Sean completely forgot about the new girl in town. It slipped his mind that she was starting today too. "Uhh, right. Got it." Sean was devising a plan for what to do, but his trail of thought led to him skipping school. Who needs an institutionalized education anyway? With so many students, and Jordana moved into Millie's home; some bad blood was bound to occur. It was all beginning to make Sean feel like Wolverine in Logan. Having to protect a little foreign girl from bad guys. Minus the Hugh Jackman abs, and mutant powers. Whipping his cellphone from out his pants pocket, Sean shot a quick text to Ace; then a separate message to Jordana.

'Shit shit shit shit! I completely forgot about the new girl! Oh, also hey. So, what's the plan?' The text sent to Ace and Sean's fingers immediately began typing out the message for Jordana. 'Good Morning, ready for the first day of school?' Sending the message, Sean felt like such a tool pretending to be a morning person. After finishing his breakfast, Sean quickly grabbed his lime green skateboard that was leaning against the wall and exited his house.

ebb ebb OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

Last edited:
Outfit (Second Half):
8xdf4s-l-610x610-sweater-pink+shirts-pink-winter+sweaters-winter+sweater-winter+outfits-cute-pastel-pastel+color-knitted+sweater-knitwear-winter-dark+hair-jeans.jpg

Location: Traversing -> The Lawson House-> Home -> Outside The Lawson House
Tags: OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

”Hmm? Who?” Jordy asked, and Casper opened their mouth to explain, but was given a look by Ace, which caused them to cut off in a frown.

What could that look mean?

They were especially confused by what Ace said following it, forgetting they were supposed to be telling Jordy about Millie. Maybe I’m just not smart enough to get it, but that doesn’t make any sense… But then Sean agreed, and Sean wouldn’t agree for no reason, right? Their frown deepened as they tried to process what the others were doing.

Ace drifted back towards Zuri, and as Jordy spoke again, Casper tilted their head, glancing up at the sky as they thought. “Well, Chloe’s been here forever, and Avalia’s been here a long time, too, so a pretty long time.” The second thought caused them more trouble. “I don’t think we really count as a group of friends… do we? I don’t really have a group of friends...” Or many friends at all, they thought to themself.

Casper’s smile fell a bit as they reached the backyard. Their mom was smiling. At them. At least that was positive. Then Jordy turned to them, thanking them, and Casper couldn’t help but beam back.

“See you tomorrow.”

They wait patiently for their mom to finish her goodbyes before she takes their hand and takes them home. Under her breath, she says she hopes their father had the sense of mind to at least try and cook something. Casper giggles.

Later that night, Casper texts Jordana, working out the details for school, Millie, for the most part, forgotten.

Jordana
me
hi jordana! this is casper from earlier. i was hoping we could talk about when you wanna walk to school tomorrow?
them
Hey :) I'm glad you text me I was wanting to text you or someone but I was scared lol. And walk? My dad is taking me, you're more than welcome to come along if you want?
me
oh! could i? :o
me
itll make it easier to stay together :ooo
them
Of course, I'll tell him first thing! So then the school must be close by if it's walking distance?
me
mhm! i usually walk. its nice :)
them
Hmm, well maybe it would be nicer to see some sights, talk more on the town and the go to places? What else is there to do here?
me
hmm... i dont know a lot of things. usually i just draw at home or at the docks. or anywhere really. theres this really nice park close enough to where we live i guess. during spring the flowers are really pretty :)
them
What about the winter? Lol. Somewhere indoors we can hang. Sean said the theatre and park, but like where do the actual local teens go? Where's the "it" spot?
me
during witner you wear lots of lairs ;)
me
ill ask my brother :o
them
Layers can be good I guess lol and ok!
me
aaron says the mall is popular. i like the mall too there are lots of people there and they all look so unique :D
them
Got it! So your brother Aaron goes to Horizon High as well?
me
mhm! he isnt very nice though...
them
Is that why he didn't come yesterday? I feel like if I had a sibling they'd be mean too, I can be too nice at times I think.
me
i dont know if he was even home yesterday. hes out a lot.
me
even if your sibling would be mean, theyd still probably be nice sometimes. thats how siblings are :)

For a while, Casper waited for a response. However, none came, and eventually they got up and showered, changing into their pajamas before climbing into bed, eyes heavy.

~*~​

In the morning, Casper didn’t immediately check their phone. In fact, they only checked their phone after they brushed their teeth, when they were gathering their wallet, keys, bag, and phone, glasses already firmly in place.

They saw they had a message from Jordana and frowned. What does she wanna talk about? In fact, they couldn’t even remember giving the new girl their number.

Jordana
me
even if your sibling would be mean, theyd still probably be nice sometimes. thats how siblings are :)
them
Sorry I dozed off, woke up just now to see your message lol. Welp school starts in about 2 hours so I'm going to get ready! See you soon Cas!

Oh! Right! They smiled as they remembered the pair had been texting the night before. It had been fun to talk to Jordana, if a bit nerve wracking. They messaged her back.

Jordana
them
Sorry I dozed off, woke up just now to see your message lol. Welp school starts in about 2 hours so I'm going to get ready! See you soon Cas!
me
its okay! everyone gets tired :)

Her message had been sent a while ago, long enough it was time for them to go over to her house for that ride to school. They walked over quickly, a bit of a skip in their step, smiling. Sure, it was the first day back to school, which meant they’d have to deal with the people there, who weren’t always very nice, but they had a new friend who they were going to be going to school with!

Don’t mess this up, they thought to themself as they took a deep breath, then knocked.

Zuri Jelani | OppositeInverse OppositeInverse ebb ebb
Zuri was very much an early riser, but not necessarily a morning person. She had to be up in time to make breakfast for her mother who, as a pediatric nurse, works peculiar hours at the Horizon hospital. "Ma, it's just not right," Zuri continued to blabber on to her mother with a mouthful of eggs, "how could anyone just move into Millie's home like she was never there?" Zuri had been frustrated all night, tossing and turning and her sweet mother was of course concerned. Janet, Zuri's mother, was a softhearted woman with kindness to spare and Zuri wished she could have grown up to be like her but instead she's a lot more like her father, who is no longer in the picture; Zuri has a lot of spunk like her aunt Danielle, though.
"Baby, I know you miss Millie," Janet took her hand, "but if you continue down this path of frustration and anger you will spiral. I don't want I repeat of the funeral, you know that." Sure, Janet was speaking firmly but firm for her was still all too soft, something Zuri always appreciated, "I know, ma, and I'm really sorry for putting you and Danny through that, I just... what am I supposed to do?"
"Well..."
Janet began, "you could always try and make friends with this new young lady," she suggested and Zuri snorted, "Really? That's you solution?" Janet frowned and sighed, "Baby, you can't un-move someone, that girl lives there now and you can't change what it is, the best you could do is make a positive thing out of a frustrating situation, yeah? Besides, I'm sure Asa's mother is having her make friends too, so you might as well join." Zuri frowned at that, slouching in her seat as her phone's alarm went off, "Alright, I have to go to school ma, love you," she hopped up and kissed her mother's cheek before grabbing her bag on the way out. She groaned, not looking forward to what today might bring. But who knows, right?

Sad.jpg

Instead of a tree, Chloe now found herself stationed within a bush at the front of the school, waiting for her newfound sources of drama to turn up.
"Jordy...crap. I didn't catch her last name. But it doesn't look like she's here yet. Nor anyone else...maybe 5AM was a bad time to get here. Good thing I stopped for coffee."
She sipped her second cup of espresso and stared through her binoculars at the street, watching as students finally started trickling in, whether it be via car, bus or on foot. However, this time around she'd brought her trusty camera. It was around her neck and tucked into her loose-fitting T-shirt, which she now regretted wearing as the branches in the bush were starting to prick at her bare arms.
"Come on...where are they? Oh god, I think there are ants in places where I really don't want there to be ants!"

Last edited:
Avalia

"Avalia, you need to get up." A voice called up a large staircase. Not hearing a reply the woman calling up the steps finally decided to walk up them. Reaching the top she walked down a hallway before opening a door. Inside was Avalia sprawled out on a bed far to large for her. Still passed out she looked like she was heaped there after a rough night rather than having fallen asleep peacefully like she had. Hearing the jingling of keys Avalia finally began to stir. Rolling over onto her side she stared up at the taller figure of her mother before a hand was stretched towards her. Taking the hand Avalia pulled herself up and out of her bed.

Rubbing her eyes for several seconds she nodded before a yawn escaped her lips. "Im up... obviously." She mumbled still out of it. Feeling a hand moving her hair around Avalia let out a groan. "Stop nit picking my hair." She whined out to her mother. Smirking Avalia knew that her mother was doing it on purpose at this point. Pulling her head away away she heard the keys again. "Do be careful today. I need to leave now. I am already late." Avalia's mother said before handing the keys to Avalia. Looking at them for a few moments she had expected it to be hard to convince her parents, not have them drop them into her hand.

Having showered and gotten dressed she made her way out to her car. Well, what was now tentatively her car. Starting it up she drove out the gates of her home before heading towards the school. Arriving after twenty minutes she pulled up not see many people yet at school. She wasn't surprised most that could drive would wait until the last minute. Getting out of her car she went to the back and opened it up. Reaching inside she pulled her book bag out before closing the back and turning to look at the school.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin

~Jordana~

Jordy had finished her dinner and was about to head upstairs to her room. Her father stopped her as her step-mom looked onward, as if this was about to be one of those awkward talks for her. One of those adult Parenting 101 type of talks. Jordana wanted to roll her eyes already at the expected tension that was to come from the talk. She slowly sits back down at the dinner table, her father laughing and Wilda smiles. "Relax sweetie, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier." Wilda looked at Holland like he'd just broken the law, it was an unexpected comment. "We should've been more sensitive to your feelings. Moving way out here, away from the life you've known. I just want you to know things will get better here. You're already making friends! You guys seemed to be getting along. Did you like the tour? And... what did you mean about that text earlier?" Jordy then laughs and grabs her dad's hand. "It's fine dad, yeah of course I miss my friends but you're doing this for me to live better so I guess I can't complain. And oh! Check it! So we're walking right, and we hit the ferryside port and there's these amazing noble looking houses, then we come across one who belongs supposedly to this mob family and their daughter is in the pool in the winter time with a freaking... like bearcat! Like a lion but smaller, like a bobcat but bigger..."

Holland tilts his head in confusion and concern. "A lynx..?" Jordy slaps the table in concordant, both the adults jumping at her sudden energy. "YEA! A lynx!! It was crazy big and then she saw us and came over and thought they were trying to rob her? And then this Veronica Mars chick falls out a tree, it was interesting. You text in the middle of all that haha." Holland laughs with Jordy, with Wilda putting on one of those half-smiles just to seem engaged. "I'm glad I text when I did xD but yeah, I love you sweetie, we both do." Wilda chimes in "Of course we do. Very much." Jordy's zest fades at her step-witch's voice, and she nods. "Kay, got ya. Love you too dad. I'm gonna get ready for school tomorrow. Talk to you guys later." She gets up and hugs her dad and waves to Wilda and heads up to her room.

Wilda, a bit tugged, looks at Holland. "You think she cares about me at all?" Holland's face goes sympathetic, ensuring a long talk was about to happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordy hits her room, and lays out her clothes for the next morning. She had hopefully made some long term friends, and if not maybe the school would provide her more chances. She would take another quick shower before slipping on her Pikachu pajamas. She looked at herself in the mirror for a while, not really sure who she was expecting to see looking back at her. A cheerleader? Nerd? Fighter? She laughed at the last one. She turned to head for bed when she saw the same etchings in the corner of the floorbaord again. Like someone had carved a word into it. 'Milwie? Millhie?' The writing was so bunched she couldn't tell. Her phone started to buzz as she made her way over to it by the bed, laying down for the night. She saw it was Casper, a small smile hitting her face.
Casper
them
hi jordana! this is casper from earlier. i was hoping we could talk about when you wanna walk to school tomorrow?
me
Hey :) I'm glad you text me I was wanting to text you or someone but I was scared lol. And walk? My dad is taking me, you're more than welcome to come along if you want?
them
oh! could i? :o itll make it easier to stay together
me
Of course, I'll tell him first thing! So then the school must be close by if it's walking distance?
them
mhm! i usually walk. its nice :)
me
Hmm, well maybe it would be nicer to see some sights, talk more on the town and the go to places? What else is there to do here?
them
hmm... i dont know a lot of things. usually i just draw at home or at the docks. or anywhere really. theres this really nice park close enough to where we live i guess. during spring the flowers are really pretty :)
me
What about the winter? Lol. Somewhere indoors we can hang. Sean said the theatre and park, but like where do the actual local teens go? Where's the "it" spot?
them
during witner you wear lots of lairs ;) ill ask my brother :o
me
Layers can be good I guess lol and ok!
them
aaron says the mall is popular. i like the mall too there are lots of people there and they all look so unique :D
me
Got it! So your brother Aaron goes to Horizon High as well?
them
mhm! he isnt very nice though...
me
Is that why he didn't come yesterday? I feel like if I had a sibling they'd be mean too, I can be too nice at times I think.
them
i dont know if he was even home yesterday. hes out a lot. Even if your sibling would be mean, theyd still probably be nice sometimes. thats how siblings are :)
me
Sorry I dozed off, woke up just now to see your message lol. Welp school starts in about an 2 hours so I'm going to get ready! See you soon Cas!

She'd been texting Casper all night until she fell asleep. The morning light was cresting over the horizon as the dark pearl blue breached past windows and into her room. She heard the sounds of the cars from town starting about their day, and knew that soon she would be as well. She wanted to drive to school, but then again Casper's walk did sound nice. Her dad would probably drive her yet and still though. She sends the last message to Cas and hops out of bed, a new energy to her. Just as she did, a knock came to the door as her father comes in smiling, shocked she was up so early. "Already ahead of you! Also, can we pick Casper up on the way to school? He wants to ride with." Holland gives her a thumbs up and heads back to getting ready himself, his full suit almost complete without the tie. He closes the door as Jordy starts to put on her clothes for the start of her new school life. For Horizon it would just be students getting back to what they already knew. This was a clean reboot for Jordana.

Clothes.
Backpack.
Shoes.

Once she got set with all her gear, she onced over in the mirror one last time and gave a smile as her zest filled her with anticipation for the day. She would have to text her friends back home and update them on her winter look, seeing as how winter in Cali was maybe 50 degrees and no less. It was different here. She got a new text from Sean, again her smile going wide. They really did know how to make a girl feel special. He asked her if she was ready for the first day, in which she replied 'Ready as I'll ever be :neutralteeth: I got my schedule too, maybe we can compare when I get there?' She hits send and heads on her way downstairs where her father was fully dressed up and Wilda was in her nursing clothes. She forgot Wilda would be going to the hospital. Jordy feigned disappointment and instead complimented her dad on his sharp looks. Wilda answers a knock on the door to see Casper, Jordy smiles and waves at him, as Wilda also greets him. "Hey Casper right? Come on in we were just about to leave. Perfect timing." Once everyone was ready, they all hopped in the jeep, as Holland started her up, and they were off.

26663.jpg

In the backseat, Jordy and Casper exchange looks. Jordy decided to speak, but was interrupted by Wilda. "So Casper, what does your parents do for a living? We talked a bit yesterday but it was more about settling into Horizon." Jordy rolled her eyes and waited for Casper to finish talking to her. Her dad then followed up. "We're glad Jordy could make a friend so early, you're welcome to ride with us anytime Casper. Just on the condition you make sure Jordy doesn't get a boyfriend." Jordy visibly blushes, her cheeks red and her freckles seemed more heated in hue. "DAD!" Holland and Wilda chuckles as Jordy buried herself in the seat. "Anyways Casper, what homeroom do you have? I think we could be in the same one." She hands Casper her schedule, as the jeep was approaching Horizon High School. Her nerves started to set in, as her heart and adrenaline increased. A big smile hit her to hide her anxiousness. Students were starting to get off of buses, and other cars were pulling into the student and staff parking lots. Holland stops on the side of the sidewalk, knowing she probably didn't wanna be seen with him.

Holland: "Alright kids, here you go. Have a great first day! Jordy, you're gonna do great. Love you.
Wilda: "Have a good day sweetie."

Jordy waves and hops out, with Casper in tow. The jeep pulls off, and she was officially left to her own devices. The first thing she noticed upon the walls and spirit rock of the school. Posters, papers, and writings. They all said one thing. 'Rest In Peace Millie <3 '

Students begin to pour in from the parking lots making their way towards the school, and like wildfire, their gazes locked onto Jordana as they walked. Jordy's heart pumps. "Have... they never seen a human before?"

Sean Parker

Sailing down the side of the road on his skateboard, Sean hurried to school so he wouldn't be late on the first day. Of course, he could have gotten a ride from his father, but he much prefers arriving late than accepting the offer. Plus, the wind was easing his mind trying to wrap together how today may go down. With the new girl starting, it was going to be an awkward time for everyone. Especially with how gossip and rumors spread around that school like wildfire, some misinformation was bound to come around.

Pulling in close to the school, Sean placed his foot on the board to slow down. Turning his head towards the stream of students heading inside, Sean was able to recognize Casper walking with Jordana. At least she wasn't alone, along with the millions of eyes targeting her like a pack of lions stalking a gazelle. Moving through the students with his board in hand, Sean felt like James Bond securing his mark walking towards Casper and Jordana. Passing through some classmates, he could hear their mumbles about Jordana and Millie. School hasn't even officially started, and the speculation was already happening.

Approaching Casper and Jordana, Sean gave a friendly but subtle smile to them. "Morning. You excited to be back at this hellhole?" Sean jokingly asked Casper then looked over to Jordy. "How about you? Excited for your first day of school? Oh yeah, let me see your class schedule real quick. I just want to know if we're in any classes together, that way it'll be easier to get around." Sean took out his own schedule wanting to compare notes. Little did he notice the posters around him in remembrance of Millie. The one topic he wasn't ready to share with Jordana yet, or probably ever.

Happy.jpg

Chloe zoomed in on Sean, Casper and Jordana.​
"Haha! The gazelles have left the station! Wait...that code word didn't make sense. Whatever, they're here! Now it's time to find out what's really up with this Jordy chick...and also leave Sean a little reminder that I'm always watching..."
Still clinging to the binoculars, she pulled out her cell phone and quickly shot Jordana a text.
"Hey! Hope you made it to school okay. What homeroom you got?"
After a few seconds, she decided to take the risk of sending a double text.
"Also if you see Sean, tell him I said hi."
"That might be weird. Is that weird? Why should I care?" Chloe quickly snuck out of the bush and dashed off to an area behind the building where no one could see her.
"Okay...three out of six of the people I saw yesterday are accounted for. That leaves Ace, Avalia and Zuri. Chances are I'll probably see them somewhere, right? For now, homeroom." She took a swig of espresso and dashed off to class.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin ebb ebb Noble Noble Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Zuri Jelani | ebb ebb
Th hardest thing about getting back to school and returning to the chaos was seeing all of the posters, and Zuri's attempt to slowly walk there certainly didn't keep them away long enough. Having to look at Millie's face was hard enough, but to see it over a dozen times with one solemn glance at the front doors to the school was almost too much. Zuri paused, and found herself unable to go into the school just yet. She sighed, biting her lip and scratching her head in an awkward effort to think on her feet, and not just to loiter in front of the doors. Quickly she pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Hey, headcase, are you here yet? I need some of that famous Woodward emotional support and maybe a human shield to get through these fuckin' stuffed halls," she texted to Ace, taking a moment to look around the crowds, hoping to find familiar faces to distract her from going inside.

Outfit:
8xdf4s-l-610x610-sweater-pink+shirts-pink-winter+sweaters-winter+sweater-winter+outfits-cute-pastel-pastel+color-knitted+sweater-knitwear-winter-dark+hair-jeans.jpg

Location: Outside The Lawson House -> Traversing -> Outside Horizon High School
Tags: OppositeInverse OppositeInverse The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin

When Wilda opened the door, Casper felt some unease, thinking back to what they could vaguely remember of Jordana’s interactions and comments on her. Regardless, they smiled, looking back at Jordy with a wave, nodding to Wilda.

Once in the car, Casper smiled as they exchanged looks with Jordy. They were waiting expectantly for Jordy to speak when Wilda cut her off. They frowned a tad, turning to face Wilda. That hadn’t been very nice…

However, their face quickly evened out. “My dad’s an accountant, and my mama’s a stay at home mom.” They giggled nervously at what her father said, not quite sure how to respond as they turned to look at Jordy as she yelled.

Thankfully, Jordy said something so there wasn’t an awkward silence where Casper was left fumbling for a response. Their eyes lit up at the suggestion they could share a homeroom. “That’d be so nice!” Casper took her schedule, comparing it to their own, which they had managed to memorize by the grace of god.

They smiled widely, nodding up to her. “Yeah, we share a homeroom. That’ll be nice.”

She was smiling, too, which must have meant she was happy as well, right?

They handed her back her schedule before the car pulled to a stop. Their heart warmed at the affection her parents showed her, and were abruptly reminded of their own, and of all the times it was hard to believe they were loved. Of course they knew their parents cared for them, but… when they fought, it could be hard to tell.
Casper waved, still smiling, to Jordy’s parents as the pair got out, thanking them politely for the ride, because that’s just how you behave.

As Casper turned to look at the walls, the reality of everything that had occurred fell upon them. She was dead. She was really, really dead, and the girl they were with was in her house now.

They noticed the stares Jordy was getting, and couldn’t help but feel that they were being stared at as well. Lightly, they scratched their arm.

"Have... they never seen a human before?"

“It’s because of Millie,” Casper said absentmindedly in reply, still caught up in the stares they were receiving.

That was when Sean came over. They didn’t notice him until he spoke, and when he did the turned away finally from the students staring at Jordana and towards him, shaking their head as they answered seriously, “No.”

Despite what it might have seemed like to Jordana, Casper wasn’t very popular, and in fact had very few friends. Lunches were usually spent either in the bathroom or with the art teacher, or on rare occasion around Ace or Sean.

They watched quietly as Sean and Jordana spoke.

ACE

Ace squinted, bent over an old bike that was mounted upside down so she could work on it comfortably. Smudged with grease, she held her breath as she carefully rethreaded the brake cables. Someone had left the poor thing outside for long enough that the old ones had rusted through. Her concentration was broken by her mother knocking on the door behind her, leaning in for a word.

“Asa, don’t forget, school starts soon. I know you’re used to having the whole day to get lost in your projects, but we both know your responsibilities and only growing from here on out.”

If it wasn’t for the apologetic tone, Ace might’ve snapped.

“I know,” she sighed, rubbing her forehead. “I already wrote my part for the assembly- and even helped a few other kids with theirs.” She motioned with her wrench to the pile of papers piled in front of her laptop. “But thanks for the reminder- I should probably get cleaned up and head over there now…”

Stooping to snatch her phone from the ground, she noticed the text from Sean. “Play it cool,” she thumbed in response. “We should keep an eye out for the new girl, in case she starts running her mouth about her new home.” Pausing, Ace stared at the side of the garage, deep in thought. “Let’s try to rally around her. But, if that fails, and she makes too much of a scene, we’ve gotta cut and run.” It seemed logical. Ace was set on helping as long as it didn’t jeopardize her own social standing.

Normally, she felt nothing but excitement for the first day, but this year felt different. Ace felt like she was dragging herself with every pedal she pushed towards the school. There was so much, too much, going on. Hopping off the side of her bike, she slowed it to a stop, locking it outside.

"Hey, headcase, are you here yet? I need some of that famous Woodward emotional support and maybe a human shield to get through these fuckin' stuffed halls."

She smiled, thankful that at least one part of school would be the same. “Calm your tits, I’m coming.” She replied, walking briskly on her mission to find her friend. Spotting Zuri, she immediately let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding. “Thank fuck, this morning has been a shitstorm already.” Ace confided. “We still have to look out for the new girl, and take care of normal stuff. Not that anything about our stuff is normal.”

There was a small crowd of older kids greeting people back. Normally, Millie would be right there with them, overflowing with positivity for the new year. Feeling a strong pang of sadness, Ace turned away.

“C’mon, let’s see who we can find before first period,” Ace suggested, holding onto Zuri’s arm.

Noble Noble OppositeInverse OppositeInverse The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin

Zuri Jelani | ebb ebb OppositeInverse OppositeInverse
"Oh my god, I love you," she grinned, so happy to have her friend at her side to deal with the day. Zuri didn't know what she'd do without Ace, the two of them had been friends since they were like, three feet tall. Ace was the only friend who stuck around during Zuri's injury, she came to her physical therapy appointments, she would always stick by her side when they went swimming so Zuri wouldn't drown, Ace would even rub her leg when it was paralyzed--no other person was there like Ace was, and when Zuri's parents divorced, Ace let Zuri stay with her for weeks; no questions, no complaints, nothing. Zuri could never return those favors, nobody could live up to just how incredible Ace really was.
“C’mon, let’s see who we can find before first period,” Ace took hold of Zuri's arm and an instant sensation of relief swept over Zuri, like the greatest sigh in the world, leaving her ears warm and her heart calm. "I heard buzz that Jordana is already inside," she offered, "Bet you twenty she'll cry by third period for harassment," it came off as a joke, but part of it wasn't really a joke. Teenagers can be cruel, no matter what part of the world your in.

Avalia
ebb ebb Noble Noble mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

Taking a vape looking device out from her book bag she held the button down and breathed in. Holding it in for a few moments she exhaled. Closing her eyes she felt relief wash over her in both mind and body. She knew she was okay for the next few hours at least. Putting the pen back in her book bag she zipped it up before beginning to walk towards the school. Walking up towards the school Avalia looked over to see Zuria and Ace speaking to one another. Thinking back to the night before Avalia felt only distaste. But, also some thought that they were actually there to rob her. Looking at Zuri's tattoos Avalia only solidified her thought, to her Zuri kinda emanated delinquent.

Finally breaking her eyes away from the two she noticed everyone staring at what she thought was herself. Paranoia suddenly spiked before she turned her head. At the last moment she saw Jordy before she felt their bodies connect. Luckily for Jordy, Avalia slammed into her side. Unluckily they were almost equally the same size. Knocking not only herself to the ground in an attempt to save herself but she also took Jordy down the ground with her. The few books she was carrying tumbled to the ground, one landing on its side beneath Avalia. Not damaging the book, Avalia took the brunt of the damage.

Having landed partially against Jordy it took Avalia a few seconds to begin to realize what had actually happened. Looking to Jordy she realized she ran into the new girl, or atleast Avalia had only seen her last night. Blushing like a tomato Avalia quickly got herself off Jordy but only managed to get on her knees. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Avalia said before she heard people snickering about not only Jordy but or herself being a clutz and for running into the new girl quite literally before school even started.​

~Jordana~

Noble Noble ebb ebb Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin Hollycrest Hollycrest

Feeling the hand of Sean on her back, Jordy turns around with a nice quaint smile on her face. It seemed that Sean had rode in on a board, aka the Cali Car. It was a very common thing to see back home, so she couldn't help but eye it in adoration when he sheathed it. Sean took her schedule and looked at it as she answered him. "Yeah I'm pretty nervous I suppose. Everyone's looking at me like I'm Carrie or something..." When Casper had mentioned the name Millie yet again, Jordy couldn't help but raise her brow in curiosity. She'd heard the name too much to be ignored now, and was curious to know who this Millie was. Jordy shifted her body towards Cas as she tilted her head a bit inquisitively. It was when she started her crusade to open her mouth was she met with a force that staggered her before sending her gradually, yet gracefully tumbling to the ground. Jordana could feel the laughs of the school ring out that were still outside in the parking lots. Jordy grabbed her backpack and looked across her to see Avalia, the mob daughter looking at her rising to her knees. Jordy quickly lept back upward and dusted herself off, mildly embarrassed at the sudden occurrence. Part of her wondered it Avalia did it on purpose to sabotage Jordana. She would put her guard up internally, but for now offer a smile and a shake to the girl.

"Not a problem. No worries."

She then suits herself accordingly, strapping her backpack back on and looking at Sean and Casper. "Probably don't wanna be seen with me now huh? Hehe..." She laughs it off but knows it's probably true. She tactfully started walking a bit in front of the group in case they really didn't want to be seen with her. That way if they were embarrassed like she was they wouldn't have the school on their case about something so superficial. Jordy builds a steel wall over her emotions as she walks in with an indifferent face, trying not to focus on the attention that remained all around her. She spotted Zuri and Asa and probably denoted that they didn't want to be seen with her after that fiasco as well. Instead she headed for the doors into Horizon High. She opened the doors to a plethora of wandering students looking at the girl like she was Thanos or something, eyes full of judgement and unspoken bias. Jo kept her head high and confident as she walked through the halls and looked on her schedule to find her individual locker number. She spots it before long and sets her backpack down at her feet. Immediately, a student walks by inadvertently kicking her backpack into the middle of the hall, in which many more students intentionally and non-intentionally alike started to kick it in many directions. Jordy looked at the initiator, a jock looking boy who looked as casual as if he'd shook someone's hand. He kept walking as he formed with his posse later down the hall. Jordana scrambled past the crowds to finally get her backpack, but as soon as she knelt a student "accidentally" spilled some water on her back and neck, yelling sorry with a gasped smile as they walked onward, not even bothering to help the girl. Jordy's eyes went from innocent to sharp, a feign of sensitivity on her heart as she picked up her bookbag and jumped up from being covered in water.

The clatter of laughs rung through the halls as Jordy swiftly darted through them to find the nearest bathroom, and upon seeing the closest one finally, she all but jumped inside as she heard a voice from the swarm of students.

"Welcome to Horizon, bitch!"

Normal.jpg

All the while, Chloe had been watching with binoculars from behind a row of lockers.

"Now's my chance to get an actual word in edgewise..."

While she didn't necessarily agree with it, she wasn't surprised that Jordana was getting picked on. As far as she knew, no one had told her about Millie yet. But that was about to change.

Upon seeing Jordy go into the bathroom, Chloe made her move. She ducked through the crowd, rolled underneath a bench and slipped into the washroom door with only minimal human contact. She walked up to the only occupied stall and, after some hesitation, knocked on it three times.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back