• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ Welcome To Horizon ~

Characters
Here
Other
Here

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.

ARC 1, EPISODE 1: It Starts With A Funeral

I like Horizon. This is my home, and everyday I get to see the beauty it spawns from the ground. How does a misty and foggy place throw up such beautiful flowers and green trees? How does it have amazing people? I gave Asa a flower today, I told Star their surprise was coming tomorrow. I like it here. I get to walk around and see the life that I was born to see. I still miss my aunt, but since she's in the ground now she also becomes the flower and trees. That's why I pick flowers, I want to take her with me. The Sheriff likes me, he buys me burgers everytime he pulls over and speaks to me. The mayor always takes pictures with me. I feel like a celebrity. I don't get to go to school, but I don't care. I still have homework though from Sister Grace at orphanage. No one is mean to me anymore like my parents. They are gone. I haven't seen them in forever. My aunt said they didn't love me because of my beauty on the inside. I wish I could give them a flower too. I saw Star and some of the football team pick on some of the younger kids, they saw me watching. I thought they was going to be mean to me. He asked for a flower and told me to come to the game. Horizon is magical too, it makes mean people nice. Sister Grace said it's not Horizon, that it's me that makes them nice. I'm not Horizon, so there's no way I make people nice. I hope that Horizon stays this way forever. Even though Cold Pines are scary, it's full of flowers. Trees, and beauty too! How can that be scary? I don't know. I feel like I'm growing up. I feel like there's nothing wrong with me. Horizon makes me strong. I don't like Horizon. I love Horizon. Signed.

Millie Wright.

NOVEMBER 2017
foggy_cemetery_stock_by_nikongriffin-d4fcle8.jpg

There she was.

The Reverend tried his best to follow up after reading Millie's letter to the entire mass of town that was before him. Every. Single. One. Horizon Elementary, Middle, and High were closed. City Hall was on hiatus. The Sheriff's office was providing traffic control for after the funeral. Every single citizen of Horizon was in attendance. Candlelights and vigil pieces were held by various youth, and adults. Sobs and tears were almost dominant among the noise heard. The reverend just stared at the letter after reading it aloud. His lips start to quiver and tears well in his eyes. That was Millie Wright. That's who she was. The best Mahogany and Gold polished coffin was sitting outside, in the midst of Horizon citizens, paid for by the Mayor. The leader of the city herself was in extreme tears, holding hands with members of the community and some of her political staff. Students of all races, creeds, and social castes joined hands and cried in unison. That's who Mille Wright was. The reverend stumbles through his eulogy, which only spreads more sadness and emotions to everyone seeing their spiritual leader crumble in sadness as well. He holds up the letter for everyone to see.

Reverend Thomas White: "Th-That's who she was, ladies and gentlemen. This..is Millie right here. And right there, and there, and there..."

He points from person to person, heart to heart, reminding them that Millie is inside each and every one of them. So many wails of pain and agony befell the crowd, as Reverend White tried his best to stay strong and for those who felt lost to remember Millie's soul and spirit. To never lose who she was as a person.

Rev. White: "Then I heard a voice from heaven say - Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

He then bows his head for a moment of silence, but how could they be silent? The town's Supergirl, their symbol of hope found dead, in a bed of flowers; The very thing she loved. The moment of silence was accompanied by nagging pains of despair and weeping. This was it. The finality. No more seeing her after this, the moment to remember forever. To mourn her here and now before she became one with the very nature she adored. From that point on she would live in Horizon, and it's citizens. So in the end, maybe she was right. She was Horizon, and Horizon did make people nice. But she was the fuel behind Horizon's light, not the other way around. And now, on this windy, foggy, dreary day. They all felt darkness in the lowest of places. Some hit harder than others. It would take over an hour for everyone to walk by the casket and deliver a final momento to her grave, most people putting flowers down, the very ones Millie had given them before. Some put letters, some put pictures, some put personal effects that would only be cherished between them and Millie. The choir then concluded the service with a rendition of a remorseful song, emotional and fitting of a legacy such as Millie's, Horizon's purest and most valuable treasure. The townsfolk would gather and share condolences with one another after, some students hugging and comforting one another from all age groups. And just outside Horizon cemetery, the sound and sight of a large moving truck followed by a black jeep heading down the small interstate, with a horde of townspeople eyeing with grave looks. Today was that day. A new family was checking into Horizon, and in a clash of timing only written in movies, that family was moving into Carrie Wright's old home, aunt and guardian of Millie before she died of cancer a couple of years back. They were known as The Lawsons, as the father, Holland moved to the town to bring extra revenue to the place via his masonry networking business, capable of outsourcing the Pine trade and natural resources here to effectively double the town's gross revenue on commerce. But none of that matters now, today was all about Millie. They watch as the vehicles zoom past and head into town, a big sign with Millie's picture and an army of candles surrounding it.

In a couple of months the Lawson's would be fully moved into Horizon, and what was truly on the horizon for them... time would only tell. The citizens could feel how they want with such a fast pace of change into the old Wright House, but if it meant doubling town income it had to be worth it, Right?

R.I.P. Millie Wright. 2003-2017.

Testimonials

I remember when Mil arrived at the Orphanage she was a child who would continually bang her forehead resulting in a permanently open wound. This simply disappeared after she arrived there. Because she thought loss was pain, but instead she was shown love, as she showed us.

She started going to arts classes and was encouraged to work in the garden with the other kids. It has to be said that this work was something which caused her to fall in love with nature. Just watching how happy she was warmed my heart.

Millie loved going for walks. She particularly loved to push her friends and carers along the road from behind -very useful when going uphill -a bit less so downhill. She was selfless.

She also loved being pushed on the swing when she was younger, and she loved food. She really loved her food; especially crisps - actually bags of chips.

One thing that remained a constant source of enjoyment in Millie's life was flowers. She loved to go for a garden. She didn't care where it was, so long as it involved the evergreen - OK, to be fair she did trespass on Mrs. Lonn's lawn and watching the old geezer yell at Millie was kinda funny.

She got to go on all school field trips with us, free of charge even though she wasn't enrolled. The longer the drive the better. Even before the bus started - before anyone else was even in the bus, you could see the anticipation in her face, the little smile, sitting in her seat waiting for the journey to start. I remember Asa almost punching someone trying to sit with Millie before she got a chance to.

She could be tricky too, or she thought she was being tricky. In later years when she was only allowed to eat pureed food (nasty shit) she would try to sneak real food. Sister Grace had to constantly keep an eye on her if there was a plate of biscuits nearby. If a biscuit was within range her arm would shoot out like a rattlesnake and the biscuit would be in her mouth before you know it. The staff would be left trying to frantically extract it - and with the same resolve, she would be frantically trying to eat it. Good times.

I never, ever heard of Millie getting angry; something to think about. Let that sink in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2018 - Present Time
QJCB5218.jpg

7fc102f796e8c88e3f9da656c985957d.jpg

Jordy's headphones flood her hearing as she listens to one of her favorite songs. She blankly stares out of the window looking at endless pine trees and a foggy sky. She can see her mother and father talking and smiling, their hands interlocked as her father Holland drives down the stretch rural road. Jordana hadn't spoke a word since she got up this morning to finalize the move. A large moving truck guided them to the town as she held back her inner animosity and sadness. She held mild resentment for her parents for such an abrupt and impulsive move. They were just fine where they were, happy and comfortable even. All because of money. She understood making money but at the expense of family happiness? And by that she meant her happiness. Her friends, her lifestyle, all left behind in Cali.

She looked at her phone, wishing for some texts, but knew all her Cali peers were in school, probably forgetting all about her. Finally a quiet sigh escaped her, as the endless pine trees were replaced with large green fields and a BEAUTIFUL coastline she had to admit. A view of a town in the distance. The fog concealed much of the view, but one view it didn't obstruct was the scene of a cemetery. There were a few people gathered around a particular grave in the winter weather. The looks on their faces looked defeated, broken, but also...bitter. Jordy didn't want to assume, but she saw the way they were looking. Her father slows down a bit to read the sign, RIP Millie Wright with a ton of signatures, candles, and affectionate items. He looked remorseful as her stepmother seemed more interested in the people. They drive onward and into town to see that it's literally quiet. A ghost town. "They did say Horizon was ghastly silent in the breaking morning." Holland says as he follows the truck, as they pull up to a large pinewood home, the truck pulls to the side and gives the family a perfect view of the home.
traditional-exterior.jpg

Jordy's stepmother Wilda claps and smiles with joy as Holland returns her a kiss on the lips. Jordy rolls her eyes and gets out of the car, grabbing her backpack and walking off to the porch waiting for them to open the door. They hop out along with the movers and help set the furniture down, as Holland unlocks the front door, and Jordana storms in. Holland quickly grabs her, a look of compassion in his eyes. Jordana returns a look of annoyance as he takes one of her earbuds out.

Holland: "Can you at least be cordial? Please?"

Jordana returns a thumbs up with a blank face. "You got it." she replies to him before trying to head off upstairs. Her stepmother who was more on the stern side calls to her. "Jordana, we're here now, the sooner you realize that the better. I know you miss your friends but this is our life now." Jordana returns another thumbs up, this time more of a 'fuck you' / middle finger than a mature response. She heads upstairs to claim a room, finding one with a nice view of the backyard and side, before setting her backpack down and sitting on the floor to continue to listen to her music. She was sad, more sensitive about it in a sense. She simply was just learning to absorb and adapt, there was nothing she could do about being in this foreign place anyways. She could only wonder what type of town this is that the entire place empties for one funeral like she'd her her dad talk about a couple of months ago. She whips out her phone and texts her best friend in Cali, Nathalie. She missed her already.

Nat-Stacks
me
I don't wanna be here :( This place looks like a setting for the next Jason movie. I miss you...
them
Awww! <3 miss you too bb, we all do :( So far away
me
Yeah literally on the other side of the country. Don't forget about me.
them
NEVAA! MAke sure you tell me about the fine ass boys they got too 0_0

Jordana laughs as she hears the rumblings downstairs of her parents and the movers moving everything in. She sighs once more, this time one of acceptance and realizing there was no going back. She looks beside her to something peculiar, an etching in the bottom part of the wall, the writing was unkempt and wily. But what should make out was that of a name.

"Milwa...Milhie.. Mihia Wright?"

School here would start back the next day for the spring semester. Everyone would open the doors to the high school and all know each other and mingle with their perspective social circles. But not Jordy, she'll for sure have all eyes on her like she was a purple alien. Would she make friends? Would she make enemies? She didn't know for sure, but all she could do was be herself and hope some weird ass soul accepted her for that. She wanted to just break down and cry, but a part of her did like the new adventures and swift change of exploring something new. Besides at least it was on the coast like back home in Cali. She could easily find her way to some waves, as the water was her domain. Holland comes up and knocks on the door as he smiles at her but also speaks with a very direct tone. "The sheriff and mayor are coming by later today to introduce themselves and welcome us to the town. You WILL be on your best behavior because you love me and you know how important this is to me right? Sweetheart I could double this town's revenue, I'd be raking in good money for us, and I know it's hard but I love you... I'll do whatever I can to give you a better life and if that means taking you away from friends to find new ones then I will. Because if your Cali friends are really your friends then they'll support you."

Jordy smiles a bit, still sad but also reflecting. She knew her dad cared, she just wished her stepmom was her real mom. She still didn't want to be here, but for her dad she'd cave in. "... I guess I can give it a go..". Holland hugs and kisses Jordy as he heads back down to help the movers get the furniture in. Jordy looks out her side and back windows to see a gorgeous view to the coast. She had to admit the green instead of desert dryground was a fresh change of scenery. She was nervous about school tomorrow, but even more nervous about where she'd fit in. She hoped that soon enough the universe would throw her a bone and help things align out. She was deeply spiritual and not really materialistic, that would already stand her out among generally superficial teenagers.

But only time would tell how her path would play out. Maybe the mayor or sheriff had kids of their own, even with that who's to say they won't hate Jordy? She overheard her dad and Wilda talking about how the community were really apprehensive about people moving into the Wright House, apparently it was a staple of Horizon. That means it could trickle down to students hating Jordy over something she had no control over, apparently whoever lived here before was important to the town.

Last edited:

Feeling a set of hands on her shoulders Avalia managed to relax herself. The hands moved to hug her tightly. Whining out at her discomfort she felt the hands let go. Moving away from her was Kara her mother. Kara took her time in making sure everything was secure. While it should have been her, Avalia seemed focused on the land quickly they were quickly approaching. The large vessel final began to drift into their homes dock. Turning back towards her father she watched him gesture to her. While she couldn't hear him, she knew what he meant.

Taking a step over the side she managed to not fall into the water. Half landing on the dock she caught a rope her mother tossed her and began to tie it into the dock. Repeating this several times the dock strained for a moment as the large boat was fully stopped. Going back to the side of the boat she walked down the dock for a few moments before walking into the ship. Grabbing the fish they caught from her father her mother followed behind with the rods. Staring at the fish as they walked Avalia could feel her stomach churn abit. She wasn't one for eating things that were alive.. Kinda.

IMG_8205WE.jpg

Staring at her house as they walked up the short path she felt like jumping into the pool. She could feel the warmth of the water radiating up and onto her. The feeling made her skin tingle. Taking the fish from her Avalia's mother went inside while Avalia walked back over to her father. Seeing that he seemed to not need help she walked in the side entrance and mader her way up the stairs. Opening two doors she walked into her room. The room was cold, having not been in it in nearly two days made it all seem somewhat new.

Letting out a small yawn she opened her closet and began to pour through her clothes. Finally settleing on a outfit she set it aside for school tomorrow. Looking in the mirror she rubbed her eyes a few times. She hadn't slept well in the last few days and she kinda looked like it. Watching herself in the mirror she didn't feel the greatest. She looked like someone clobbered her in the head with a bat.

Feeling her phone vibrate she looked over to see a message on discord. Opening it up she saw the picture and immediately turned her computer on. Not taking long to boot up Avalia grabbed her headset and put it on. Joining the chat channel she switched the mic on "Which one of you was spamming me? Like Reeeeeeeeee." Avalia spoke in a tone that made it hard for them to tell if she was serious. However, as she finished the sentence it was obvious she was just joking around.

Feeling something brush against her legs she reached down and pull the cat up and onto her lap. "Hey guys, guess what... I have a cat on my lap." She spoke before beginning to toy around with Bazzle. Bazzle struggled against the human captive, however Avalia didn't surrender. Pulling her shirt up she swallowed the cat up in an instant. Hugging the cat close she began to giggle. "I have a cat in my shirt."

ACE

It was the last day of break, and Ace felt like she was drowning in her own tears. Eyes red and burning, she struggled to breathe. Her mom, the mayor, finished a small speech and returned to her side, the two wrapping their arms around each other tightly. “It’s okay honey. It’s okay to cry.” Her mother soothed.

Stepping forward, Ace took a place next to the Reverend. She knelt in the grass, carefully placing a pair of small gloves next to the grave. Standing, she faced the crowd. “Millie’s hands were always cold.” Ace shuttered, nose running. “Not because she was forgetful, but because she was focused on other things. Every day she would pick flowers, all in the hopes of bettering someone’s day. It didn’t matter who you were, she loved you.” Eyebrows drawn, Ace’s gaze swept the crowd, recognizing the people she saw everyday at school, as well as other important members of the community. “ I always carried extra gloves with me. I would give them to her when I walked her home every once in a while, her fingers were always like ice. Even if she did have a pair, she’d misplace them when she took them off to pick a flower. I must’ve gone through a hundred pairs, the rec shop had them ready on the counter when they saw me coming,” laughing sadly, Ace stepped away slowly, giving others in the crowd a chance to say a few words.

After the funeral, Ace waited in the car for her mom to finish saying goodbye to a few people. She always had to be the last person at every event. Hey Sean. You okay? She texted. Sean was the sheriff’s son, and she imagined he was going through a similar grief. I’ll see you soon, mom wants to welcome some new people into town. Bad timing, if you ask me. Resting the phone under her chin, she considered adding more, but decided to wait until she saw him in person.

❖​

Ace didn’t realize which house it was until they were in the driveway. Eyes wide, she turned to check out the back window. No way it was this house. “Um. This is a mistake, right?” Ace scoffed, sitting back heavily into her car seat. “Hmm? No, this is it. Why?” Her mom fixed her lipstick in the car mirror.

“Why? You know why. This is her house.” Ace said sharply. It felt intrusive, to have someone living here so soon after her death. “What? Are you trying to make these new people feel better about getting cozy in a place where a girl just died? Did they just throw all her stuff out? It’s not like she had any family.” Hunching over, Ace peered up at the house, dreading having to enter. She’d been inside before. If Millie needed someone to walk her home, or if she was throwing a small birthday party. Ace had tried to be there for Millie, not just because it was expected of her, but because she felt real, honest love for the innocent girl. “Millie loved Horizon. She would want it to grow and she would welcome these newcomers with open arms.” Brooke replied in the calm, political tone she was known for.

Kicking her car door open, she didn’t wait for her mother to unpack, striding up to the front door with steel resolution. Keeping her chin high and her gaze accusing, Ace gave the door five firm knocks.

Last edited:
Sean Parker
of1L37lm.png
It was a depressingly grim day in Horizon, as it lost the brightest member. Standing amongst his friends in all black was Sean James Parker. As the reverend read Millie’s letter, Sean tried to remain stoic but it was becoming difficult. The service was bringing back painful memories of his mother’s funeral, and it was hard to deal with it all. A tear ran down his cheek which he quickly wiped away. Horizon lost another good soul, and everyone felt it. Sean’s father Duke, along with his squad were directing traffic as the cars navigated in line. It was best for Duke to not see the service. Watching a child be put in their grave wouldn’t have sat well with him. The man kept his typical detached demeanor, trying his best to not let the day get to him. Watching the row of cars pile in you could tell the girl was loved, as it seemed all of Horizon was there. It wasn’t an easy day for anyone, and the grey gloomy skies weren’t helping either.

With the funeral service coming to an end, everyone said their final goodbyes with some form of sentiment. Sean couldn't do it, going up there would have broken him. Parting ways with his friends, Sean went to go look for his dad amongst the crowd. Feeling his phone vibrate, he reached into his pocket and seen a text from Asa. I'm fine. Just have a lot on my mind. The message was sent, but as soon as he was about to type more his father appeared in front him.

Months later, both Duke and Sean rode in the squad car to some mystery house. "The mayor wants me to come and assist with introducing a new family into town. Help them transition into Horizon. They have a kid, so I figured bringing you would ease the process.." His father spoke as if a funeral didn't just take place thirty seconds ago. Giving his son the same cold stare back, he spoke with an empty and dry tone. "The mayor's daughter is going to be there. Isn't she one of your little friends?"

"Yeah..." It was the only word Sean could say to his father without flipping out. Getting into the squad car, he slammed the door behind him. Looks like we're introducing these new people together...I'll see you there. Sending the text off Sean just stared out his window silently. The rest of the drive was dead silence the whole way there. Not even a glance was shared between the two. When they pulled into the driveway Sean's jaw dropped. "Jesus Christ! Are you kidding me? Is this some sort of twisted joke?! Why are we at Millie's home?!" He protested in anger and frustration, clenching both of his hands into a fist. "Someone bought the house didn't they?! And they're moving in today of all days?! "

Sean's father remained quiet not wanting to add more fuel to the fire. Reluctantly getting out off the car, Sean seen Ace was already at the front door. If he had the same gull as she did, he would have done the same thing. "This is bullshit." Mumbling angrily under his breath Sean walked up behind Ace with his hands in his pocket.

Last edited:

Jordy's Beats earbuds boom powerfully in her ears as she melodically moves her head to the song. She stared into the backyard and thought about heading down to the ferries and walking on the docks. Her room was still empty as the movers were downstairs getting everything in order, they'd probably start on the upper floor first and then finish up the ground level. Jordana heads to the bathroom mirror and runs a hand through her fire mane as she turns in various angles to check her complexion. She was feeling a bit better but still rather bummed about such a large move and change of scene. No more palm trees and sands, now it was just coast water and lush green, which sounded better honestly. But it would never be Jordana's home. It would never be California. She exited the bathroom to see the movers below the second floor banister railing moving the furniture in and the essentials of the home, behind them seemed to be two peers her age that her dad and Wilda were greeting. Jordy silently slid her buds out and listened in on the conversation and introductions, as a woman very good looking for her age and a strong looking man no doubt the sheriff came up behind them. Jordana had inferred the two as the kids of the mayor and sheriff.

Holland: "Hey! Sheriff Duke, Mayor Woodward! So good to talk again!"
Wilda: "Welcome, we know it's a bit untidy right now but--"
Mayor: "Oh nonsense! Everything is fine, we just wanted to formally welcome you to Horizon, this is my daughter Asa and Duke's boy Sean.."
Holland: "Nice to meet you guys, we actually have one of our own... JORDANA! COME DOWN A MINUTE!"

She'd heard it all. She saw it all from the upper floor. She hyperventilated under her breath before taking a huge inhale and gathering her composure. She came down the stairs in her white sweater and black fitted jeans with some black and white Vans. She locked eyes onto Mayor Woodward first before the Sheriff gave her a warming smile. The other two, her peers... not so much. Her heart sank. They looked like the people to know in school, and she instantly started to wonder if she'd already gotten on their bad side by their looks.

Mayor Woodward: "Hey there, you must be Jordana. I'm Mayor Woodward. Pleasure to meet you!"
"Hi, pleasure."
Sheriff Parker: "How you doing Ms. Lawson? I'm Sheriff Duke Parker."
"Howdy Sheriff..."

Jordana just mentally kicked herself. Did she really just say HOWDY SHERIFF? She shook their hands as the mayor then introduced Jordy to the two kids. "Jordana this is my daughter and the sheriff's son Asa and Sean, why don't you guys get acquainted while the boring parents talk boring business stuff?" The mayor along with the sheriff and Holland traversed deeper into the house while Wilda directed the moving company and where everything should go. Jordana slowly and cautiously approached the two with a light smile. Her raspy voice and mellow tone echoed through the chatter of movers and the adults as she grabbed her wrists in nervousness. She didn't know what to say, she was kind of bad at first intros. "I'm Jordana. As they've said a million times." She looks to the cool looking chick, a bit envious of her swagger "You're Asa?" and then she looks to the sheriff's son, handsome, and very potent looking in his aura. "You're Sean right?"

Jordy steps outside and leans against the smooth wall of the house, oblivious to the reason there was so much controversy surrounding the house they'd just moved into. "I have to admit, this town is pretty beautiful. It's like a hidden gem on the coast. This house is really nice too. Back in Cali we had a small house near Venice. I was on the coast there too, just drier... and not as green."

She felt awkward talking to them. She felt so outcasted and didn't know why. She felt tension and a bit of animosity, maybe they were just having a bad day? Maybe it was their parents? She decided to use a bit of her caring side to reach and adapt. That was usually the Jordy way. "First recommendations to visit in Horizon to get me settled in?"

6929777ddd258720f90f3086316c2ade.jpg
Zuri Jelani | ebb ebb
She didn't go to the funeral. It was a surprise for most, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. The whole town seemed to empty that day to flood the cemetery, all except for Zuri. Instead she went for a run where she ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran until her feet were blistered and bleeding; and then she kept running. She kept her music in her ears, being sure not to listen to a single song Millie liked, not to run by any areas Millie frequented, not to stop and enjoy the flowers or take in the trees--Zuri refused to acknowledge anything that had to do with Millie. She feared if she stopped to take even a moment to think of Millie she'd break, and she wasn't going to do that, she was going to just keep running.
Zuri ran clear out of town that day, and was gone for a good two days after that, giving her mother and aunt quite the scare. No one knows where Zuri went or what happened, but she came home pale from the cold, hungry, ran literally ragged with shoes worn to shreds. Since then Zuri ran almost everyday, which wasn't part of her previous routine, but it's become her norm. So today, what seems like forever since the funeral, Zuri was running again. These days she doesn't leave town, just jogs a neighborhood here and there before going home to shower, Zuri didn't want to scare her mother again, or get grounded again.
Zuri rounded a corner, rocks on the sidewalk getting kicked up in her wake, hitting her calves as she ran. It was another beautiful day in paradise, she supposed, blue skys, bracing winds, green trees as far as the eyes could see. But something felt off today, and the feeling stuck with Zuri like a popcorn kernal in her teeth; just at the tip of her tongue but she still couldn't get it, at least, until she rounded another corner and saw the cars parked outside of Millie's old home.
Zuri jogged to a halt, panting heavily and wiping her brow as she stared down the street. She looked around her, as if trying to find someone to convince her she was imagining things, but it was just her. She jogged closer, eyeing the Sheriff's and Mayor's cars. With a frown Zuri whipped out her phone. "Ace, tell me you have an explanation for what is happening at Millie's place? I was running by and honestly, what the fuck is going on?" she texted.

ACE

The new girl was pretty. Real pretty. Red hair, freckles, and a breezy smile. It made it easier for Ace to hate her though, with her perfect face. If the new kid was a chunky twelve year old, she’d have a harder time feeling bitter. But she was the mayor’s daughter. It didn’t matter what she felt, it only mattered that she was professional and represented the town.

She gave Sean a toothy smile, grateful to have him by her side. His presence made her feel she had backup if the situation went sideways.

"I'm Jordana. As they've said a million times."

Ace laughed like Jordana had just told a golden joke, nodding when Jordy mentioned her name. “That’s right! But my friends call me Ace. Considering you're my friend now,” she dipped her shoulder charmingly “-you can call me Ace as well.” She listened sternly as Jordy finished talking.

“Oh, I bet. It’s gotta be such a huge change for you,” she cooed, leaning in. “And you might find this house is a little drafty, it has a history, so-” her mother threw her a cutting stare. Ace perked back up. “So make sure you unpack all your blankets. If you need an extra one, I can always lend you one.”

"First recommendations to visit in Horizon to get me settled in?"

“Oh yeah. Definitely. If you need stuff for your room my friend Dan’s mom runs this super cute furniture place over on 5th and King. It’s the only spot that won’t charge you an arm and a leg. Oh, and there’s a place downtown that does killer crumpets. You can get ones with honey and peanut butter or go sweet with some chocolate. It’s a staple.” Getting a buzz on her phone, she glanced down. Seeing that it was from Zuri, she answered immediately.

She’d been friends with Zuri since before she could say the word “friend”. There weren’t any details that were too personal or delicate to share. Ace couldn’t count the amount of times she’d stayed up, talking and complaining about life to her friend.

You have no idea. Ace texted. A whole family moved into Millie’s house. It’s fucked up. One of them is our age, and she’ll probably go to school with us. Ugh, I can’t believe it. I’ll call you once I get a chance. Xoxo.

"Anyways," Ace said, looking up from her phone. "Once everyone gets acquainted, Sean and I can show you around a little bit, would you like that?" She forced a large smile, glancing at her mother as if to say 'you owe me for this one'.

Zuri Jelani | ebb ebb
Zuri sighed with relief when she got an immediate text back but that relief turned into a surprising amount of anger that shot up with her eyebrows, "What?!" she exclaimed before grimacing at herself for shouting. She looked Millie's house over again, scoffing and narrowing hers eyes, she returned her attention to the phone. "What fucking real estate agent in this fucking town thought to sell the house?! I'm going to freak out, tell me not to freak out so I don't freak out, you know what happened last time I stormed into a stranger's house." She started to pace without even realizing, bouncing about like a lanky, anxious rabbit about to explode. It's not that Zuri had emotional expression issues but she certainly lacked self restraint in that area.
Who had the nerve to move into Millie's house? The gall. How dare they? Zuri tried to calm herself down, relaxing against the Sherrif's car but her leg bounced despite the attempt. She looked back to the house, the temptation to look through the windows was strong, maybe she could just... walk right in? It could be under the guise of welcoming a new neighbor. That Zuri didn't actually live near. That was convincing.

Guerlain-1280x847-1240x821.jpg
Tags: OppositeInverse OppositeInverse ebb ebb The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin

Millie's death was fresh. Maybe that was why it hurt so much to watch out their bedroom window as someone moved into the no longer abandoned Wright house. Casper remembered the time they had spent there with Millie, enjoying her company, and more recently, the times they had passed the now empty property, unable to look away from one of the last reminders of Millie available. They still couldn't believe she had killed herself.

As they turned away from their window, preparing to go find their paints, their mother walked in, tsking.

"There you are," she said, hands on her hips, head tilted to the side, a look that reminded Casper immediately of their brother. "I've been calling for you."

Their eyes widened. "You have?"

She nodded, pursing her lips. "You've been baking recently, yes?"

They nodded.

"I knew it. Adele would never bake, but if she did, at least she would have the decency to wipe down the counters. She's always been the neater of you two."

Casper didn't know which part of that sentence to address first, and, as was common, decided against refuting any of the points their mother had made, instead shutting up and listening to what else she had to say.

"However, for once, that isn't the point. The point is I require your assistance in the kitchen. We are making the neighbors scones."

Casper couldn't help but grin. They liked making food, especially food for other people, and scones in particular were yummy. "Really?"

She nodded, smiling a bit. "Really. I just checked to make sure we have all the ingredients," Susan said, leaving the room.

Casper followed hurriedly.

Together, the pair began to work, Casper being as subtle as they could manage in their efforts to make sure their mother didn't do anything that could prevent the scones from being as close to perfect as possible.

Again and again Casper was reminded of who these were for, and they couldn't help a pang of guilt. Was this a betrayal of Millie's memory, feeding the people who had come to replace her? Their mother didn't notice their mood, or at the very least chose not to comment on it, and Casper disappeared to their room to draw as the scones baked.

It couldn't have been that long since Millie's funeral. The memory of it was seared into their mind, their parents and brother standing stony-faced as Casper struggled not to cry over the news once again.

It wasn't long until they were being called downstairs again.

"Since you helped bake them," Susan said as she put the scones in a nice basket, "why don't you help me take them over?"

Unable to think of a reason that would likely satiate their mother, Casper was left to agree to it.

And that is how Casper Ollila ended up on their way to the Wright house in a pink turtleneck and jeans, gray high tops tapping lightly across the gravel as they followed their mother, who seemed unconcerned by the amount of people already at their neighbor's home. After all, what if the scones got cold? That would be a travesty.

"Hello!" she called as she began up the path to the house, smiling kindly. "Oh! Mayor, sheriff. What a pleasure!"

Casper looked much less happy, and in fact looked a bit sad, as they smiled and waved to the group. At least they had some friends here...

Sean Parker
of1L37lm.png
"Right, Sean." Giving a slight nod and half of a smile, Sean was caught off guard completely. Seeing the new girl and her bright pretty face, he was expecting much worse. Maybe a kid similar to one from the Omen, or Children of the Corn since she's moving into a dead girl's home. Though it could have been an act to save grace. Usually, the crazy psychopaths are the ones you least expect, and try to appear normal. Sean was just going to let Ace take the lead since she was more charismatic. But he could feel the daggers Ace was throwing, and it wasn't even aimed at him.

“Oh yeah. Definitely. If you need stuff for your room my friend Dan’s mom runs this super cute furniture place over on 5th and King. It’s the only spot that won’t charge you an arm and a leg. Oh, and there’s a place downtown that does killer crumpets. You can get ones with honey and peanut butter or go sweet with some chocolate. It’s a staple.”

"I tend to hang around the movie theater, and concert hall. The docks are usually nice around this time if you're into that. As well as the botanical gardens, but kids from our school go there to LARP. It's kind of weird." Sean didn't really add much to the conversation, only piggybacking on what Ace mentioned. If this wasn't someone moving into Millie's house there would be a little more enthusiasm, but Sean wasn't feeling it. Glancing into the house towards his father, a small annoyed look perked his lips.

Hearing Ace offer a tour around town made his gut sink. This interaction was already making him uncomfortable. Though being a good friend, he just went along with what Ace said. "U-Uh, yeah. Consider it like a welcome to the town. You'll be going to school with us, right? So you already have two guaranteed friends." Schmoozing on the fine acting, he just signed himself up for torture. Sean just wanted to burn into flames right on the spot, but it was probably his body heating up from his bad nerves.

In the corner of his eye, Sean saw a couple familiar faces that seemed to be joining the party. One of them was Zuri, who seemed to be leaning on his dad's car but he wasn't going to say anything as she was way too intense for him to handle. Then there was Casper and his mother, who Sean was actually fond of. "Hey, Casper. Here to join us for the welcome committee?"

Avalia Von Liebenslan

Time passing Avalia finally found herself exiting her game. The cat had long escaped and she found herself rubbing her temples. Getting up she finally set out to get changed. Slipping off her clothes she changed into her bathing suit before putting her clothes back on over them. It was cool out, and she didn't feel like dealing with the cold before she got to the pool. Once fully changed she finally made herself down and through the house. Making it into the back yard she heard light padding behind her. Knowing what it was she didn't have much time to react.

The nudge nearly made her knees bend. "Nghh. You big fluffer." She spoke to the large cat now padding its way around her. The Puma continued to circle her as she finally took a seat at the edge of the pool. Like a predator waiting on its prey it suddenly bounded forward before headbutting her several times in the shoulder. The force of each headbut was enough for Avalia to mumble and laugh before it finally stopped. Feel it nudge its head under her arm she laid back letting her head rest of the cats back.

The purring started almost immediately. Loud and audible it made her smirk everytime she heard it. It sounded almost like a minature lawn mower, but oddly more adorable. Finally sitting up she felt the cat shift before rolling over and away from her slightly. Sliding her shorts off she tossed them at the cat making it roll back towards her. Taking her shirt off next she slid into the heated pool. Adjusting her bathing suit she swam back up to the edge to get padded on the side of the face by the paw of her cat. "Thats not nice Jax." She scolded the cat.​

ebb ebb The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin Noble Noble mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

The mayor's daughter seemed very very chipper, way past the bounds that her appearance should ever entail. Jordy was a bit startled at the girl's sudden outburst of laughter... was it that funny? It made her instinctively safeguard her spirit, as her inner feelings about being here were already apprehensive. She grins just slightly at Ace's energy, it would be a fantastic change of pace if these people were being genuine. She'd had to put up with her fare share of seeing fights and teen drama back in Cali, she didn't think it'd be any different here. However, when Ace mentioned that the house had a bit of history, Jordy couldn't help but raise a brow at the inflection in the girl's voice when she said it. "History, what do you mean--" She noticed Ace stifle and perk up as the mayor seemed to have looked in the direction of the teens. She started to take mental notes of the venues mentioned in her conquest to discover Horizon and all the beautiful little coastal town had to offer. Dan's mom's furniture place, 5th and King. Check. Crumpet place downtown, check. The sheriff's son, Sean then interjects, in such a poised and cool tone it gave Jordy instant nostalgia of her surfer buds back home. Her smile lightened up even more as he spoke, she could hear the casual tone of his. He wasn't trying to be anything other than himself, something Jordana was good at. The girl was a makeshift psychic in being able to read people's energies and dictate what source they're coming from, which is why Ace's felt a bit off. She also wasn't ever one to judge, so she too Asa for her approach as it was. Innocent until proven shiesty right? While Ace texted, Sean spoke up.

Theater, check. Concert hall, check. She'd definitely have to check out the docks, she loved the water and the sea was her domain. The gardens sounded like more of a spring or summer type setting. LARPing seemed cool though. He and Asa offer to give Jordy a tour around the town, when Jordy seemingly became lively from the request. She looked back in the house to her dad still talking business with the mayor and sheriff. Also at hearing she had two guaranteed friends made her feel at ease as well. She almost exhaled extra weight off her shoulders upon hearing that. She could only hope that it held true in the long run. If they'd invest the time to really get past Jordy's wall they'd actually find a mini bad ass underneath all that depth and shell.

Jordana glimpses with Sean and the rest of the people around as a nice woman and whom Jordy assumed to be her son came up with some goodies. Jordy chuckles silently in impression, turning a side cheek to Ace. "You guys really do lay on the welcome down here huh? In Cali all you get is a sup and a thumbs up. And weed if you're lucky. But I don't smoke." She'd heard Sean notify the lad as Casper, but seeing his face appeared as if he too was stricken with some sort of pessimist disease like when she first saw Sean and Ace. Then her intellect pieced it together. All of this was a formality. They didn't want to be here, and surely it was the parents who dragged them along for the ride. Almost as if she'd solved the universe's biggest case, Jordy nodded in solitude at her unspoken deduction. It made her a bit sad but she couldn't blame them. If it was the other way around she'd probably be the same way. Wilda came outside and smiled and waved to Casper's mother as Jordy only rolled her eyes, but not to the point where it was noticed by others. She didn't like her stepmom one bit, Wilda was putting on a happy go lucky face when really she's just a controlling bitch to Jordy. Literally no one else but Jordy. Maybe because somewhere along the line, she gave Wilda the impression she could have power over her, or maybe that Wilda had birthed Jordy herself. She made a mental note to learn to set a tone with herself so people know that just because she's sensitive, doesn't mean that she's a pushover. The Casper's mom introduces herself as Susan before handing Wilda the great smelling food and smiling at Jordy. "Hi, I'm Jordana. Holland's daughter." She then turns her gaze to Casper "Nice to meet you, you go to Horizon high too right?"

Wilda and Susan head inside with the other parents as Jordy notices a very tough looking chick by the sheriff's car that was not there before. She nodded in her direction and spoke to the rest of the group. "Who's that?" Once she saw the chick look her way, she averted her eyes onto one of the others. Something about her was menacing, and though Jordy could be fierce herself, she'd rather not tangle with anyone the wrong way, especially if she was a friend of Sean, Asa, or Casper. Perhaps all three. "Well, about that tour I'd love that sometime. I don't want to like, be a hassle or anything. For now I guess we could go to my backyard? It's really spacey. You can even see the ferries and docks." With that, Jordy leads the group into her backyard, the view serenading Jordana once more past her dryland views of Cali.

Marvelous-sauder-harbor-view-in-Landscape-Beach-Style-with-Modern-Waterfront-Backyard-next-to-Hydrangea-Tree-alongside-Fountain-Grass-andHydrangea-.jpg

"I can imagine you guys get a lot of business in the ferries. Look at all those boats. I've never seen this much green in one place. I think my dad mentioned something about a deal with the ports to outsource the pine resources here to surrounding counties and cities along the state coast. That's how he could afford this place, got a good front surcharge. As much as I didn't want to leave home, I could see why he'd buy here with the cost what it was." Jordana then stopped walking, turned around almost with a shift in demeanor. She became more direct and engaging, she looked at everyone equally and non particular. "So, what grades are you guys in? I'm in the 11th, but I have advanced credits so last semester of next year I'll have half days. Also, I looked on the map and this huge mountain on the left is Mt. Horizon right? I love hiking, I was just wondering if it's open for hiking 24 hours? And these clusters of mountains and trees on the bottom left of the map... those are the Cold Pines right? Where all the pine resources and mines are? Are they open to explore or is that place off limits?"

Jordana looks to her peers with a gleeful interest, light of exploration and discovery in her eyes as she was trying to make the best out of a unideal scenario. She'd rather have been in Cali with her best friends, her girl Nat-Stacks and the Zodiac Zealots. It was a 12 girl group of close friends that each were a different zodiac type. They literally balanced each other out in every sense of the word. But looking at her current peers in front of her, she started to take solace that maybe these people wouldn't be so bad either. At least she hoped. It was still too early to tell.

Wilda: "You kids don't go too far!"
Jordana mumbles. "I wish you'd go too far..."
Wilda: "Can't hear you, speak up please!"
"OH SORRY, I WON'T GO TO FAR!"

Jordana gives her flashiest, princess smile and as soon as Wilda leaves from the back patio her expression melts back into a viceful look of disdain and longing. She didn't mean to, but it was distinct enough to have been noticed from her peer group. She tries to replace it with a kind smile, and quickly offers up a subject change. "S-so... um you guys into any activities at school?"

ACE

"U-Uh, yeah. Consider it like a welcome to the town. You'll be going to school with us, right? So you already have two guaranteed friends." Ace tipped her head in agreement, flashing Sean another smile. Good job. She encouraged mentally, grateful that the sheriff’s son was picking up any slack she was leaving behind.

Ace’s face fell the moment Jordana turned away, returning her attention to her phone. The light lit up the angles of her face as she squinted her eyes down at it.

"What fucking real estate agent in this fucking town thought to sell the house?! I'm going to freak out, tell me not to freak out so I don't freak out, you know what happened last time I stormed into a stranger's house."

“Don’t freak out,” she texted, smiling to herself as she imagined her friend’s exorbitant energy. They balanced each other out. Ace was rarely moved by things going on around her, while it felt like Zuri’s main goal was to be constantly moving. "Okay, maybe freak out a little. None of this is okay. And my mom is going to be pissed if I don’t roll out the welcoming mat. Do you think it’s medically dangerous if a fake smile is making your face hurt? I’m suing if I get premature wrinkles.”

Ace glanced up from her furious tapping to notice Casper’s appearance. She wasn’t surprised that they’d brought over pastries, Casper was one of the kindest people she knew. Sure, they were a little more introverted than most of the people she kept in her circle, but she was working on that. “Casper!” She called in greeting, pulling them into a quick side swept hug. “You brought the good stuff, huh?” She referred to the pastries brought over by their family.

With the door open, she was able to see Zuri leaning outside. “Thank fuck,” she muttered out loud, striding across the driveway to spend another hug on her closest friend. “Kill me now,” she whispered into her ear during the hug, pulling away and plastering on another painful smile. “Zaria, meet my new friend Jordana, she’s the one who, you know-” she muttered as Jordana talked about the activities on the coast.

Following Jordana to her backyard, Ace’s breath caught in her throat when Jordy mentioned Cold Pines. How could she really have no idea? “It’s not technically off limits, not if you’re gutsy enough, but I wouldn’t go. You especially shouldn’t go. Just-” she glanced at her peers, wondering how much to share. “Just trust me, stay away from Cold Pines. Explore somewhere else.” Not offering more information, Ace deliberately looked away.

Ace didn’t miss the interaction between Jordana and her mother. Raising her eyebrows, she laughed dryly under her breath. Clearly there was some family drama boiling under the surface. Just wait until Jordana started school. Ace doubted she knew half the drama she was in for.

"S-so... um you guys into any activities at school?"

“Oh, ha- what activities aren’t I into?” Ace said flatly, running her hands along her hair. “I help out a little here and there. I also do a lot of the announcement and organization for charity and fundraising events. Keeps me busy,” she mused, soaking in the serene view. “If you need some suggestions on getting involved and keeping busy, just let me know. For now, no hiking okay?” No amount of reminding seemed like overkill. It would look bad if the people moving into Millie’s house started snooping around. There were those who had dark suspicions about the circumstances of her death, and Ace was done with the drama. If the new people could just keep quiet, that would be perfect.

Sean Parker

268f22f53681a93eaad792732eb25e15.jpg

Walking towards the spacious backyard brought a small smile to Sean’s face. The cool breeze felt so relaxing on his skin with the sun beating down. Quickly that smile vanished when he remembered whose backyard they were in. At least the view was still nice, getting a nice shot of the water. Abruptly coming to a stop with the group, curiously his brows raised when he saw how exuberant Jordana was. But was it genuine? That was the real question.

The onslaught of questions from Jordana was overwhelming Sean. Was this girl on speed, or going to need any air soon? "Okay, so where to start. So, I'm in the eleventh grade along with you. Though, we probably won't be in the same classes since I'm not that advanced. We'll probably be in the same vicinity though. As for your other questions. Uh-" Sean's eyes trailed over to Ace letting her take charge on that one, then shifted back to Jordana. "Yeah, what Ace said. As your Horizon liaisons, Cold Pines is off limits until further notice. Plus, my old man is a major prick and you wouldn't want him to catch you. Just trust us." Keeping the new girl uninformed was probably for her best interest, and there's. Still, you would think someone would do research into where they were moving.

Watching the little exchange between Jordana and her mother made Sean's brows raise. Maybe she was a perfect fit in their group after all. When he looked back towards her mother, Sean accidentally shared eye contact with his father. That quickly turned into them both glaring at each other like a little standoff. Looking back towards Jordana when she asked her next question, Sean instantly fixed his face. "Activities? Well, I'm in the school's AV club and handle most of the equipment. I also help run some of the school's movie nights. Other than that, I just mostly work at the rental store. It's pretty dead thanks to Netflix. Or I'll play music with my friends in my garage."

Looking back at Ace he nodded in agreement regarding hiking. "Yeah, there are other places you could try out. I could show you some that I board around." Sean felt like this was possibly working, and maybe this could somewhat work out. Riling through his pockets, Sean took out a close to an empty pack of cigarettes. Looking amongst his peers he shifted his attention to each of them "Can we start this tour? I don't want Duke to catch me smoking again."

Tags: OppositeInverse OppositeInverse ebb ebb The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin Noble Noble

"Hey, Casper. Here to join us for the welcome committee?"

Casper smiled just a tad, nodding. Suddenly, they were being hugged. It caught them by surprise, and they let out a quiet squeak, even as their smile widened.

”Casper! You brought the good stuff, huh?” Asa said, and they nodded yet again, adding, “Mama thought scones would make a nice welcoming gift.” They didn’t notice the way Susan’s mouth ticked down subtly at the epithet, busy turning towards the new girl.

"Hi, I'm Jordana. Holland's daughter. Nice to meet you, you go to Horizon high too right?"

“Hi,” they said, smile wavering only for a moment as they thought of how this had been Millie’s home. “It’s nice to meet you, too, Jordana!” They thought her name was quite a mouthful, but decided it would probably be impolite to say, especially in front of their mother, instead opting to nod again in answer to her question.

"Who's that?"

They turned as Jordana asked yet another question, noticing Zuri. They didn’t have much time to think before Ace walked off, and they frowned, watching her stride down the driveway towards Zuri. They glanced at the others, face troubled, to see if anyone else had caught what she had said, unlikely as it was. Then Jordy started speaking again, and their face returned to its default, head tilted to the side, lips slightly parted as they focused on her, even though they had obviously missed whatever she was talking about.

”For now I guess we could go to my backyard? It's really spacey. You can even see the ferries and docks."

For a blissful moment, they forgot whose backyard it had once been, perking up as they said, “I’d love to see your backyard!”

They nodded along to everything Jordy said as they followed her into her backyard, actually interested when they weren’t kind of zoning out. However, any ease they had settled into disappeared as her demeanor shifted, causing them to once again become alert. They couldn’t help but tense a bit, mouth a taut line.

They relaxed just as quickly, however, when it became apparent the shift in demeanor meant nothing bad. In fact, they smiled as she spoke.

"So, what grades are you guys in? I'm in the 11th, but I have advanced credits so last semester of next year I'll have half days.”

“I’m a junior, too- not as smart as you, though.” It wasn’t a secret that school was an area Casper was regularly found lacking, oftentimes forced to attend tutoring to keep from failing a class. They could barely imagine what it must be like to be ahead in school, struggling as they did.

“Also, I looked on the map and this huge mountain on the left is Mt. Horizon right? I love hiking, I was just wondering if it's open for hiking 24 hours? And these clusters of mountains and trees on the bottom left of the map... those are the Cold Pines right? Where all the pine resources and mines are? Are they open to explore or is that place off limits?"

They started to answer her first question, but then she was mentioning the Cold Pines, and they shut up.

“It’s not technically off limits, not if you’re gutsy enough, but I wouldn’t go. You especially shouldn’t go. Just- Just trust me, stay away from Cold Pines. Explore somewhere else.”

They were more than glad when Ace answered Jordy instead of them, and they nodded in agreeance to what she said, looking away as they focused on not tearing up. They knew Sean said something after that, but they were distracted by the way the dirt gave under the pressure of their body, swivelling a tiny hole where they stood. They found that kind of poetic, in a way. What snapped them back to the present was Wilda speaking. They glanced up at her.

”You kids don't go too far!"

"I wish you'd go too far..."

Casper's eyes immediately widened. Had she really said that? They glanced at Wilda. Had she heard?

"Can't hear you, speak up please!"

"OH SORRY, I WON'T GO TO FAR!"

Casper frowned at the interaction, a bit shocked. They couldn’t imagine talking to their mother like that, even if they were sure she couldn’t hear. They’d been taught better than that. As it was, they simply glanced between the two nervously, relaxing a bit once Wilda went back inside and turning back to Jordy, who appeared openly hostile. They couldn’t believe the open disdain she showed for Wilda, either, and just stood there for a moment, uncomfortably rigid before Jordy began to ask more questions.

They relaxed easily enough, nodding along to everything Ace and Sean said before adding, “I help Ace with banners sometimes…”

Then the tour was brought up again. Casper pursed their lips, looking down as they nodded.

Before they could stop themself, they found themself asking, "Do you and your mom talk to each other like that a lot...?"

Zuri clung to her friend's side, literally holding on to the back of her shirt like a toddler, letting it be a great excuse to follow them to the back of the house. She wasn't sure if she was going to talk yet, but she was certainly sizing Jordana up; pretty face and pretty hair, big bright smile and glowy skin, the most clueless newbie to ever come to town? She was cute, yeah, but she was still in a dead girl's home.
Zuri looked back to her phone, having no problems texting her friend in front of the new girl. "I can't believe you're pulling this fake shit so well Lmao, I'm going to scream if I open my mouth." She cracked a little smirk, finding all of this humorous somehow.
"S-so... um you guys into any activities at school?"
Zuri perked up a bit, deciding not to scream as she added on to everyone else's, "I do sports, I'm on most of the school's teams."

Last edited:

~Jordana~

@ EVERYBODEHHHH

Jordana paused a bit when Ace had pretty much all but alerted her to absolutely NOT go into the Cold Pines. Jordy's gaze locked into the mayor's daughter as she spoke, trying to search for some form of intention and inflection in her demeanor. She'd also seen pretty much everyone else concur with her request, even the tatted girl that was sure to be either Ace's sister or some sort of universal twin soul of a best friend agreed. Zuri was her name. Ace really talked herself up to be somewhat of a leader among her current peers and inherently thought the youth of the Horizon community. "Got it. No hiking or Cold Pines for now." Inspecting her upbeat aura once again Jordana began to remain composed and this time unabashed by the girl's peppy vigor. Sean soon chimed in as well, affirming that he too was a Junior like her, so she'd hope to see him in some of her classes at least, at the very least she could have lunch with these people. Hopefully. She'd started to think that maybe she should've saved her intelligent comment for a later date, seeing as how she could easily be categorized as a nerd or poindextress. Seemed she was already separating herself from them in that regard. In Cali, she had it all at her school. She was a star athlete, honor roll, desired girl, she was "it", and everything the social caste system of teenagers had beckoned for, but she had to reboot all of that here, and her first impressions were critical. She wasn't anxious or obsessed over what they thought about her persay, but she did want to let them know she was a very good soul to be around without any bullshit... aside from Wilda of course. When Sean mentioned he hosted movie nights, Jordy smiled a bit. He was the media head, the AV guy that believed in the old school as opposed to the new digital age. Jordana literally was raised with VHS tapes from her father and had all the classics. "Ohh, that's cool! Maybe I could swing by a showing or the store? And I love to find the hotspots actually, on the water too." She nods a head towards the lake in front of them. "I loved surfing back home, I don't know if Horizon gets hype waves but I'd love to hit the coast sometime."

At Sean's request to keep walking, Jordana twirls on her heels to the narrow wood docks connecting to her backyard. She headed in the direction of the boats and ferries ahead because she had no idea where else to go. She looks over to Casper, another Junior. They looked very kindhearted and sweet, something Jordana could genuinely use while moving and settling into Horizon. "Don't say that Casper, trust me I'm no Elon Musk." When Casper brought up the interaction between her and Wilda, Jordana turned to them as they continued to walk towards the main docks. "Wilda isn't my mom. She didn't hear me but if she did she probably would've just acted all empathetic in front of you guys only to scold me when I got home. She's controlling and I don't know what my dad--" Jordana had to stop herself. Here she was just meeting these friends and now she was already spilling her inner turmoil to them. Probably not a good look. For the first time her seemingly benevolent and open nature had melted into a small frown and lowly somber. She shook her head briefly. "Sorry guys, um. It's just that my mom left when I was little. I remember her dropping me off for my first day of school ever and then nothing after that."

Jordy perked back up just a bit when Zuri admitted that she was into a lot of sports. She definitely seemed like the athletic type, and Jordana could oblige with that relation wholeheartedly. Jordy's Swim Team had went to state her Freshman and Sophomore years, and won the latter year. Soccer as well. She'd looked up the Swim Team here in Horizon. You'd think a town on the coast would be superior, but they weren't that bad. They had some girl that was supposedly good, but swim was a team effort. Jordy also had an hidden exceptional talent at dancing... like unrealistically good. Something she'd probably save for a party or something. "Oh pure! I swam back in Cali, state champs. Soccer too, I enjoy the physicality of Soccer but being in the water is just... it's euphoric. What all do you play?" She asks Zuri. The group continues to walk further as they finally get to the docks.
Destination1.jpg

Jordana stops to take in the sights for a bit. She was used to seeing a lot of water, but surrounded by green instead of sandy brown was actually refreshing. And it wasn't so dry. Cali literally had no humidity whatsoever. It was nice to feel some moisture with the cool winter breeze. Jordana had gotten lost in the breeze. The cool wind hit her, something she wasn't used to being in Cali sun her whole life. It was a change of pace. She shivered a bit but at the same time she liked it. She wasn't one to be too hot or stuffy anyways, she could adept well to this aspect at least. She gawked at all the boats and ferries as she walked by them. They all had some crazy and unique names. The Anchor Buster, The Land Lubber, Betsy, Betsy's Bestie, Betsy's Arse, Betsy's Top, Betsy's Sexy Sea Legs.... really!? Jordana had a newfound respect for whomever Betsy was. She giggled and walked with a genuine bright smile on her face, not even knowing she was the happiest she'd been since she'd move to Horizon. It was beautiful, but she didn't want to cave just yet. In her awe-gazing she'd managed to walk all the way to the other side of the docks, and these were only for Lake Portworth. She couldn't even imagine the size or beauty of the main ferries on the open coast used for transport, and where the official port was. She'd reached the other side of Lake Portworth when she'd saw the nice looking houses of who she undoubtedly inferred where the aristocrats of Horizon, hell probably even people outside the community. "Damn, this is like.. where those Wall Street sharks come to have wild parties and use offshore account mula to buy like black market items and stuff huh?"

She didn't know how far she'd gone, but walking all the way to the docks and through the other side had to have been like an adventure to her. Maybe her party was used to it but Jordy sure felt like she was on another planet. Her serene contemplation was broken by the sound of... someone cutting grass? In this weather? The sound had delegated into a grumble of a gruff noise that made Jordy tilt her head to the side like a curious cat. She approaches one of the houses where the sound was coming from, and there she saw it was no device of machinery. Ironically it was a cat... a very big ass cat that was the wolf of the feline race. A girl seemed very chilled in a pool...also weird this time of year as it dwelt around her. Jordy approached the bush and started to slowly take steps backwards. "Um, so dude... Is it common here for people to have pet Bobcats or Wolfcats or whatever genetic offshoot of gamma radiation experiments that thing is..?" She steps back onto the pathway and subconsciously eludes her presence behind Sean.

Last edited:
Sean Parker

268f22f53681a93eaad792732eb25e15.jpg
Finally walking away from Duke's line of sight, Sean pulled out a single cigarette from its pack. As well as a red light from the same box. Lighting that sucker, Sean took a small drag breathing out a trail of white smoke. Listening to Jordana talk about her stepmother in such a way frustrated Sean. At least she had a mother at all! Sean’s mother died when was 4yrs old, and it still felt like a fresh wound. There have been times where he’s tried to vent to his father. But, that just turns into a nasty verbal fight. The only person who’s been willing to listen has Brennan Ace.

Then hearing her explain what happened to her birth mother made him feel crappy. Sean wanted to say something to let her know she wasn’t alone but now wasn’t the right time. Reaching the docks, Sean took in the cool breeze. During the summer it was the best spot to come and relax. With the sun brightly shining, the water smelling less fishy than usual. It was almost perfect. "So this is the docks, obviously. It's pretty noteworthy here in Horizon. All kinds of boats come around here every hour. It's also a nice spot to just kick it."

Taking another drag of his cigarette, Sean then pointed to the large elegant homes by the coast. "Those homes there. They have the best parties thrown by the worst people. Well, some of them at least. Ever see the movie, Project X? Well think of that but bigger and crazier. I've heard some stories from my dad that he busted a man with tons of coke in his basement." That of course was a tall tale just to scare Jordana. But, there have been some sketchy things happening in those homes.

Walking a little bit further, Sean saw whose house they were approaching. A small smirk appeared on his face as he waited for Jordana's reaction to the mystery noise. Letting out a small chuckle, he looked back towards Jordana when she shifted behind him. "Yes, Horizon is pretty well known for their Hulk-like animals. This one is owned by an ex-crime lord. I've heard stories that they keep it to eat the bodies of rival crime families."

About thirty feet behind the group, a pair of high-tech binoculars stuck out of the branches of a tall tree. The lenses twirled, zooming in on Jordana.

"So that's what she looks like..."

121a3df19cf25b32b791406edc4e114e--liza-soberano-actresses.jpg

Chloe Zuckert, owner of the suspicious pair of binoculars, had made it her personal mission to know as much as she could about everyone in town in the event of a conspiracy. And it just so happened that Jordy was her newest and most interesting target to date. Armed with binoculars around her neck, a notepad in her hand and a half full cup of coffee sticking out of her back pocket, she was ready to be hot on the trail. There was but one problem: so far, there was no trail to be hot on. She'd been following the group ever since they'd arrived at Millie's house. Her initial plan was simply to get some information, but when the sheriff's son and the mayor's daughter had turned up, she knew that there would be a story afoot.

"From what I can tell, her name's Jordana or somethin'...she moved here not long ago, into Millie's house, and she seems to like asking questions. Last part almost reminds me of me, actually...I don't trust 'er."

The one thing she couldn't crack is why they had decided to trust Jordana so early on. Perhaps it was because they didn't have the detective state of mind. There was always a bigger picture; a more definite angle...and Chloe intended to find it. She'd neglected to bring her camera on this expedition so as to not be mistaken as a stalker. Granted, there was still a big risk in doing this, so she made sure to stay well behind the group and bring as little attention to herself as possible. So far, no one had noticed a thing. However, she needed more information to be sure. Unfortunately, from thirty feet away and rising it was impossible to hear anything more than small snippets of their conversation.

"I can't make out a thing they're saying! My old Spy Kit earpiece would've really come in handy right no--WHOA!"

As she tried to lean forward, Chloe's foot slipped on the branch she was perched in, causing her to lose her balance and plummet from the tree with a shriek. She landed face first into the ground; not hard enough to seriously injure herself, but hard enough for it to hurt quite a bit and make a loud noise on impact.
"Owwie..."

Last edited:

Tags: Everyone

”Wilda isn't my mom. She didn't hear me but if she did she probably would've just acted all empathetic in front of you guys only to scold me when I got home. She's controlling and I don't know what my dad--"

Casper began to shrivel up, feeling bad for saying anything. They didn’t understand, but who said they needed to in the first place? Stupid, stupid Casper…

”Sorry guys, um. It's just that my mom left when I was little. I remember her dropping me off for my first day of school ever and then nothing after that."

Casper nodded, quiet, and their stomach churned. They’d dredged up bad memories. Of course they had. Why can’t I get anything right? they asked themself, staring at their own hands, now clasped in front of them. For quite a while, they simply rolled over their own actions, thinking on them and how they had messed up, not paying attention to the conversation or the view they were more than accustomed to.

It had been going so well, and then they had messed it all up, just like always.

Their throat burned, and they weren’t sure if it was from the smoke of Sean’s cigarette or fighting the urge to cry. Finally, wheezing, they came back to where they were, looking up. No one seemed mad at them, and in fact, Jordy was smiling, something they hadn’t yet seen, so they let themself relax for a second, allowing the breeze to soothe them. A bit calmer, they realized where they were, and that it wasn’t exactly close to home.

Before they could comment on how it seemed they had gone a little far, Jordy said, "Damn, this is like.. where those Wall Street sharks come to have wild parties and use offshore account mula to buy like black market items and stuff huh?"

She wasn’t exactly wrong, so they shrugged, allowing to Sean elaborate. When they saw the house Jordy was approaching, Casper couldn’t help but smile. They knew who lived there, and they liked her, even if she was a little weird. Then, Jordy came back, and what she said had them puzzled. They frowned, tilting their head to the side. They began to shake it, but then Sean said something, and all they could do was frown.

They wanted to correct him, say that neither of Avalia’s parents used to be crime lords, but... Were they sure? They frowned, thinking on it. They didn’t know her that well. Maybe Sean knew her better, or… they didn’t know. His dad was the sheriff. So they let it pass, not saying anything either in agreeance or rebuttal.

However, they jumped at the sound of a loud noise, wheeling around to see Chloe. They tilted their head to the side. What just happened? How had Chloe gotten there, and why had there been a loud noise? ...Had she been following them? The thought made Casper’s blood run cold. They didn’t particularly like Chloe, and did the best they could to avoid her, but apparently this time that wasn't an option.

ACE

Things were looking up.

Ace flicked on her phone to quickly read Zuri’s text, laughing quietly at the contents. It was a blessing to have someone watching her back. “It’s believable? Good. All the practice playing trees in school plays is finally paying off.” Truthfully, serving up this level of fakeness was something Ace hated doing. It felt insincere, and like she was pandering to what her mother expected of her. In hindsight, that was exactly what she was doing. The trouble of biting the bullet and doing it was outweighed by the complaining she’s recieve if she didn’t deliver.

She couldn’t wait to return to the serious, deadpan version of herself. The real version of herself.

Returning her attention to Jordana, she was relieved to see she was taking the warning seriously. She shivered. The faster Ace could divert her attention from exploring that area, the better.

“Ah!” Ace started when she noticed the giant cat, taking a quick step back. Squinting, she stared at it, fascinated. Ace recognized the girl, but couldn’t draw a name from her memory. Mostly, they saw each other in passing. Ace would’ve reached out sooner though, if she would’ve known the girl had a wild cat at her disposal. Badass.

"Yes, Horizon is pretty well known for their Hulk-like animals. This one is owned by an ex-crime lord. I've heard stories that they keep it to eat the bodies of rival crime families."

Finally out of view from her mom, Ace felt bold enough to slip into her usual attitude. “Yeah, that's right. I’m sure the girl has that thing trained to hunt down new kids. Especially the red headed ones” Ace joked dryly, stone faced. “I’ve heard that too. Don’t show up late to a dinner. They’ll give you the cold shoulder.” While the delivery was a little flat, Ace felt Zuri would be proud.

A crash rang out behind her, and Ace whipped around to see a figure spilled out on the ground. Blinking rapidly, she tried to understand what was happening. Where did the girl even come from? Today was getting wilder by the moment. Ace could’ve sworn she’d seen the girl at school, usually behind a camera.

“Shit,” she cringed, sucking air through her teeth. “You okay?” Crouching down, she tried to assess the damage. No blood. That was a good sign. “How many fingers am I holding up,” she commanded, snapping her fingers to get the girls attention and putting up three.

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse Noble Noble The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Hollycrest Hollycrest

Avalia Von Liebenslan

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse Noble Noble The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties ebb ebb Hollycrest Hollycrest

Swimming for some time she was finally ready to get out. Swimming to the side of the pool she was met by Jax. Watching the cats movements she noticed it looking off towards the bushes of the house. Looking over it was then that she heard it, and judging but the stiffening of the cat, she knew that he had as well. Pushing herself up and out of the water she began to walk over towards the bushes. Hearing more voices she slowed before reaching her side of the bushes. Reaching her hands out she pushed the bushes aside slowly before stepping out and into the open.

Seeing a group of people Avalia hesitated. They didn't seem to notice her at first, or maybe they did. But, it didn't matter as a second later she watched a girl fall. Seeing the camera and finally picking up on the girl Avalia finally walked forward. Thinking on what to say she finally just settled on the one question she needed to know. "Were you taking pictures of me?" Avalia spoke up from behind the group. "Is she okay? Why were you in our tree." Avalia continued on seeming rather perplexed.

Feeling uneasy in the situation she backed up slightly towards the bushes. She knew them all from school but that didn't mean anything, they could be one of the urban gangs. Looking once more there was one she didn't know. Could she be the mastermind? Biting her lower lip she saw the tail of the cat above the bushes and began to smirk. Unable to hide the smirk she decided that she couldn't help herself. Letting out a light whistle she called Jax over to her.

Bushes shaking the Puma began to come through. Sticking its head out it worked the rest of its body out. Glancing over at the others the cat didn't seem to care at all. Focusing in on Avalia the cat finally began to approach her.

Hoping to see at least their reaction to the cat she hoped to spook them abit. But, Jax had other plans. "Isn't he fier-" Avalia began to say but stopped as the cat began to rub up against her and headbut her in the side. Hearing the purring start up once more she could help but smile as she tried to lightly push the cat back. "You aren't going to rob us are you?" she asked bluntly without skipping a beat.​

All of a sudden Zuri went from snickering at Ace's jokes and texts to stepping into a sitcom; girls tumbling in from every direction including the sky, giant cats appearing from nowhere, next thing you know Ace might rip a oneliner and you'll hear an unseen audience laughing just beyond the fourth wall. Zuri wasn't having it.
"Were you taking pictures of me?" asked the girl in her swimsuit whose name absolutely escapes Zuri and she coughed as she resisted to laugh at the presence of the awkward question, but the wet girl looked more scared the startled for a moment. "You aren't going to rob us, are you?" she then asked and Zuri coughed for real, shocked at the question, "I don't need any of your trust fund bullshit, we were minding our own business, mind yours." Zuri stepped in front of Ace and paused, coming off way more territorial then she intended and made an attempt to look a little less threatening, which was cracking her neck; the sound was way more intimidating then she wanted. She stepped right back behind Ace, deciding she should probably just... stop. Ace was better at being diplomatic.

"Ugh..." Chloe rolled onto her back and stared up at the sky. She blinked when someone snapped in her face, and her vision refocused on a hand holding up three fingers.
"...Three. Unless you're about to pull the stupid 'thumbs don't count as fingers' trick, in which case, two." She sat up and abruptly stood, dusting herself off.
"...Cruuuud, my cover's been blown! And by that, I mean I fell out of it.
“Hey, guys...what brings you here?” Chloe turned to face Avalia, whose name eluded her for the time being.
“Pictures of you? Whatever do you mean? I don’t have a camera, just these binoculars that I was using for...uhh...birdwatching.”
Suddenly, she felt her back pocket and turned to the side, where a paper coffee cup lay in the grass.
“Aww man, my espresso! I spent five bucks on that! Oh, forget it.” She watched as the majority of the group’s eyes trained on her, including Ace.
“Well, thanks for caring, I think I’m okay so there’s no need to be worried abou—HOLY CAT!”
Chloe took a tentative step backwards when Jax approached. “Damn, I know that this place has some big animals and stuff, but that’s a full-on puma! I cannot pass up this photo op...” She reached for her neck, only to drop her hands in disappointment.
“Oh, right. No camera.” She laughed nervously, grasping for something to say. “Anyways...how are all of you?”

Noble Noble OppositeInverse OppositeInverse The Great Goon Goblin The Great Goon Goblin Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider ebb ebb mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:

~Jordana~

@ALL THE PEEPS

Jordy hid behind Sean as he'd spilled some pretty disturbing details about this lakeside port. All of a sudden she didn't wish to see what the main port on the coast where the beach was. This one hosted Project X parties, which Jordy was initially interested in, until the mention of cocaine and the fact that the house they were looking at belong to a crime lord that has some sort of exotic animal at their disposal to clean the evidence from other imposers... much like Jordana felt now. The cat looked in their direction as Jordy's heart sank in her chest. Casper seemed to disagree or at least be confused by that piece of information, but they would know too right? They've been here along with Ace and Sean in Horizon for however long. Asa's joke only made Jordana reflect more in herself, noticing the change up in Ace's demeanor. Jordana looked at the girl that was poolside and then the cat, figuring she had to be demented if she could pool in the winter time. The crime lord's daughter she presumed had looked at them with sudden interest. Zuri had gotten really defensive, and all of a sudden Jordy found herself getting the sense of self that really was the group. The feelings of benevolence were fading fast, and she couldn't help but contemplate if she was in the best crowd. Even if she wasn't, could she really be picky at a time like this? Jordana's emotions of turmoil were both interrupted and amplified by the sound of a girl thumping against the ground behind them, to which Jordy gasped and covered her mouth with both hands.

"Omm Muh Gnh!!" Ace was quick to respond by Jordana was right there step by step. While Ace was working on the psychological aspect, Jordana immediately held the girl's lower back, prompting her not to move just yet. "Hey stay still, let me check something ." Jordana looks the girl right in her face, past the glasses and at her epidermis and structure. Her skin didn't seem to show any discoloration, seeing as how the impact from that fall would be bruise worthy. "No biliverdin under the skin which is good, so at worst you're looking at a headache later on." Jordana realized that her knowledge of biochemistry would likely draw looks from the group. "It's a chemical that releases when red blood cells are injured that leads to bruising. Her temple is also still concave so no warning signs of a concussion.... my dad kept a bunch of my mom's college notes. She was studying to be a forensic scientist." Jordana then looks back at the girl who fell. "You should be fine." She looked over to the side to see a pair of binoculars, and figured she was doing some sort of boat gazing or something. She hands them back to the girl and lifts herself to stand back up. She'd almost forgotten about the big cat at that point. The alldamn big cat! It came out of the bushes, and as it approached closer Jordana could see her life flash... if only she had the powers of the girl from Life is Strange... When the mountain cat rubbed itself against the crime lord's daughter, Jordy tilted her head a bit in surprise and confusion. "I don't know what's more impressive, that you have it so sweet and trained, or that I'm still breathing because of it." She then turned to see a huge coffee spill on the back of the girl's clothing, the paper cup crushed and depleted. The girl stands up as Jordana introduces herself to Catwoman and Veronica Mars. "Hi, I'm Jordana, I moved into the house at the end of Riseview Point. From California. Nice to meet you guys as long as the beast doesn't devour me before I can shake you guys' hands."

Jordana gets a text from her father, saying that they were almost finishing up the intro meeting.​
Slim-Shady
them
We're almost done, come on back now. We're gonna prep dinner.
me
Cool beans. You may have just saved my life from a bear cat dinosaur that belongs to the mafia.
them
What?
me
Nvm hehe, tell you when I get back.

Jordy directs her attention to everyone. "Hey so um, my dad is calling me back. Ace and Sean I think your folks are wrapping up. But it was nice to meet everyone! If anyone wants to exchange numbers I'll do so.. could kinda use them since I'm new." Jordy didn't know it the rest of the new group could walk with her back to her house, so instead she took her phone out and displayed her number across the screen for anyone to take it should they so choose. Plus it'd be a good start to have for school tomorrow. Should no one take it, that would be kind of embarrassing. After she shows the number, she pockets her phone and starts to head back towards her home, with whomever in tow. Tomorrow brought many feelings and emotions, she could only hope they would result in a fresh start and a new sense of life and vigor.

"So, anything I should know before school tomorrow?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back