• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Welcome to Hive 7! (MxF, possibly FxF!)

Treasure Hunt

Hello, and welcome to my request thread! I hope you're having a very fun end of the year, filled with celebration, lots of joy and love and everything good! Boy, what a year it has been! Well, either way, you've come here for another reason entirely, namely, you're curious to see what I have here for you! But before we get into that, there's only so much you should know about me, which is the fact that I consider myself a decent writer who can crank out posts full of detail and that should hopefully keep you entertained, that my grasp of the English language and grammar is on point, therefore you shouldn't be worried about it, and that I am looking for a partner who can offer me about the same that I can offer them! As for what I need, I need a partner to play a female main character, along with, of course, side characters, which we'll both be playing as the need arises. Fair enough?

And now, onto the real reason why I brought you here, I'll lay out my idea, which is, currently, a bit barebones, but I am really excited to find someone to expand upon it with! If brainstorming or worldbuilding is your thing, then you've come to the right place! Beware that this is going to be a cyberpunk/dystopian setting, so hopefully you are prepared for that! Bladerunner, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost In The Shell, Nemesis, get the picture? If you do, then have fun reading onward!

Following the Third World War of 2035, the world was left in shambles. Entire countries were razed to the ground along with their populations, with just nuclear wastelands remaining in their place. It was a war born out of pride and greed, a war backed and supplied by weapons manufacturers and slimy corporations looking to expand their reach by any means necessary. In the wake of the catastrophe, it took the world decades to regain a semblance of composure, and while some nations in the East thrived, it took the West a lot longer to rise from the ashes. Such was the case for the USA, one of the protagonists of World War III, left torn to pieces in the aftermath, with huge chunks of land turned into craters and nuclear wastelands, and with what remained standing slowly regrouping into large cities spanning entire states, cities known as Hives. And while some Hives continued on as part of what was formerly known as the USA, some chose to secede, becoming their own, free and independent city-states, though at a price. In order for a Hive to function, it would need some form of funding, and corporations would be more than happy to provide it. Though, everyone knows that corporations don't have an actual desire for bona fide kindness, and every "independent" Hive is just a means of exploitation.

Thanks to the opportunities presented by a Hive, it's needless to say that corporations would be fighting for supremacy over each, and that is no exception for Hive 7, a gargantuan megalopolis founded in the Midwest. For some, Hive 7 is the dream, while for others, it's a living nightmare. There is a tangible division between the rich and the rest here, with the upper class forming a society of their own, gated away from anyone they deem unworthy or a nuisance. With a law enforcement system that is practically non-existent or corrupt, Hive 7 is mainly ruled by various criminal factions, some of which are merely puppets on strings for various corporations seeking to have a measure of control over the streets. Meanwhile, in the rich part of the Hive, it is private militias that keep the peace, armed by corporations and ready to put down anyone who so much as steps over the threshold.

With no viable law enforcement, mercenaries and bounty hunters can make a living fairly easy, as well as a name for themselves, by eliminating targets for payment coming from either corporate pockets, crime lord pockets or small funds put together by various citizens. It's a tough world, and everyone not born with a silver spoon in their mouth survives by any means.

Right, so, that's the idea! As I said, barebones and everything, but I hope it might've gotten your mind racing! If you enjoyed it, please, PM me, toss me any ideas you might want to add to this, or suggestions, or anything of the sorts! See you!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back