• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Welcome To Endufdalyne, Arizona

LiGaLeEr

batty about bats
1539536972451.png
Ah, fall break has finally settled in, and you couldn't be any more excited! You and your friends have been planning this trip for months, and it's finally here.
You guys have always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon, and have finally saved up enough for a week-long getaway to explore the wondrous landscape.

Not wanting to waste time, you pack up your things, stuff them in the trunk, and get a move on.

You and your friends start feeling road worn. The car clock reads "10:43 PM". You all decide to stop at the next gas station, and then head to the hotel you booked.

An hour passes, and you still haven't seen any place to stop. Your GPS isn't much help, saying that the next station is two half hours away. You start to get worried that your car will give out before you can make it. However, in a stroke of luck, you see the light of a gas station in the far distance. Perfect! Guess you can't trust technology to know everything after all. You get off on the gravely exit that leads to the station.

How far away is this place? You've been driving for ten minutes but it feels like you haven't gotten any closer. And what's up with your headlights? They have to be getting dimmer, you can barely see in front of your car. The sound of the gravel against your wheels falls away, as does the glow of your headlights. Pitch darkness, absolute silence, only the light of the gas station is there to guide you. It's kinda calming. You feel your mind relax, as you instinctively drive towards it. The outlines of things blur, your driving purely on muscle memory, you're almost in a trance. Your eyes close, the only sound the whirring of the car. Slowly, slowly, it too falls away. You fall asleep.

You wake up, confused. Your friend's are around you, some still asleep, others awake and obviously scared. Where the hell are you guys? You and your friends luggage is strewn about you, but your car is nowhere to be seen. Your eyes adjust to the light, and you blearily blink them open to see... a town?

Your phone alarm goes off. It's midnight, when you were supposed to have checked into your hotel. You pull out your phone and dismiss it. The light of your cellphone illuminates a nearby object. You shine the screen onto it, and see a large boulder. Engraved upon it's surface, you see:

Welcome To Endufdalyne, Arizona
Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt

Population: 777,7776

---------------------------------

So, this is my first ever orginal RP, and one of my first ever posts on this site. If anything seems off, or you have any questions/comments/suggestions, feel free to reply!
Due to the fact that this is a "mystery" kind of game, I can't give to much info up front. But here's some of the basics

-------------------------------
Setting:
This takes place in a moderns-ish (think early 2000's) small town in Arizona. The whole town is on a mesa within a large canyon, making escape nearly impossible.

Characters:
Can't say much up front, but there are about seven main NPC's that you'll be interacting with. They each play a special role in the town, which you'll discover over the course of playing.

Mechanic's
Player's will not need to use stats or die. However, I will have some behind-the-scene stuff going on. This will be used to determine random events, items found, etc.
Player's will need a character sheet/diary . This will be used to keep track of items, past events and discoveries, injuries, and any other useful information.
Player's are also encouraged to keep a notebook for tracking clues and mysteries.

Reply Style
I'm planning on doing this in long sentence to paragraph long messages. I'm hoping on doing these quickly, but of course things come up and you may need to take a break. I may plan on doing a session style (where everyone meets at the same time) but that's just a preference, and will be changed if needed :)

RULES
-Your characters are ordinary people in a very odd situation. Keep this in mind when RP'ing.
-Please, no godmodding or mary/gary sue's
-Put the town's motto in your comment so I know you read the post
-I would prefer that all players be high-school age, though exceptions can be made
-This RP contains LGBT content. If you're going to be hateful, I don't want you

There are currently 4 slots open. This is not first come, first serve. If you're interested, comment your character idea down below.

Slot 1- Open
Slot 2- Open
Slot 3- Open
Slot 4- Open

Again, if you have any questions/comments/concerns/ideas, DM me or reply below! Hope you have a wonderful day ^_^!

Hi! I don't have any character ideas yet, but this idea sounds really neat!

My only question is on the population-- Is it supposed to be 7 million, or 700,000, or is it purposely like that? I'm not sure if a town in the middle of no where would have a big population, unless the sign just says that but the actual town isn't that big?

Otherwise it sounds pretty straight forward and I will be thinking of an idea for a character~

Hi!! I'm definitely interested in this!

For my character idea, I was thinking of playing the skeptical of some sorts. They had a feeling from the beginning that something was just bound to go wrong, but dismissed their thoughts after the trip seemed to be going fine. After they end up in Endufdalyne, they give everyone shit about how "I told you so" and won't shut up about how "end-of-da-line is a name for a deadass haunted town."

Looks interesting! But, I would like to learn more about what the RP is going to be. Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt.

Hi! I don't have any character ideas yet, but this idea sounds really neat!

My only question is on the population-- Is it supposed to be 7 million, or 700,000, or is it purposely like that? I'm not sure if a town in the middle of no where would have a big population, unless the sign just says that but the actual town isn't that big?

Otherwise it sounds pretty straight forward and I will be thinking of an idea for a character~

That's one of the mysteries, but there's not actually that many people in the town! The number is supposed to be like that. Thank you for your interest!!

oooo, this sounds like a really great idea, so i would like to try my hand at it!

i was hoping to play the sort of sassy and blunt sort of person. they normally speak their mind all the time, and this can make them seem very talkative and chatty. they're not smart, yet they're not a complete airhead either, however they do sometimes tend to be quite oblivious to what's going on around them (exp: they don't seem to think anything is off when the gas station they are approaching does not get any nearer, and does not seem to think so badly of the place they've mysteriously woken up in at first). though their negativities tend to shine more, they like to keep everyone in a good mood as best as they can, and they're sociable as well.

that's basically the basics, i can always expand and develop on this if needed.

Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt - i believe that's the motto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back