• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome Aboard! [OOC][OPEN]

Pretty good. Working on my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP at the moment while waiting for this one to start as well as Sagy to finish up her character so the other RP can finally begin.

Pretty good. Working on my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP at the moment while waiting for this one to start as well as Sagy to finish up her character so the other RP can finally begin.

Noice. I planning on doing one other character for this, maybe two. I don't know if they will both be cabin boys or just one and the other will be a crewmate at the moment.

Noice. I planning on doing one other character for this, maybe two. I don't know if they will both be cabin boys or just one and the other will be a crewmate at the moment.

I've been thinking about making another character or two for this RP. I haven't really decided yet on what they'll be.

All I need to do is make a back story but I'm having trouble thinking of one. I want it to meet my standards of a backstory so I'm putting alot of thought in it.

Very true. I'm thinking of making a cat as well as a dog. The cat will most likely be on Dreadclaw's ship and the dog will be on Redd's. I'm also thinking about making a raccoon character too.

Just remember, three characters to a ship

Just grab one online.

Sadly, I didn't have much luck finding much in the way of pangolin-related pictures. Which is weird, because, well, pangolins! Who doesn't like them?! So I may have to resort to either providing a good and detailed description (if that's okay), or pick up some pencils and get to work drawing some sort of pangolin-pirate this weekend so nobody else ever has to be in the terrible situation I find myself in of going "where are all the pangolin pirates?".

Sadly, I didn't have much luck finding much in the way of pangolin-related pictures. Which is weird, because, well, pangolins! Who doesn't like them?! So I may have to resort to either providing a good and detailed description (if that's okay), or pick up some pencils and get to work drawing some sort of pangolin-pirate this weekend so nobody else ever has to be in the terrible situation I find myself in of going "where are all the pangolin pirates?".

Pangolins! Yeah, I hear ya. I was in a rp in the past with someone who wanted an anthro pangolin but could never find a picture. A good description would be alright.

Damascus Claw

Don't play victim to the circumstances you created.
Damascus Claw

Commission_for_Kesslan_by_Zinou.jpg

Species : Panther

Which Crew : Dreadclaw

Position : First Mate

Personality : Damascus lives by a code of honor. A twisted code for sure, but a code of honor nonetheless. He never kills for the fun of it. He has a patience that is rare to find aboard any ship, especially when put up with dastardly conditions, weather, and battles between the blasted Navy and other pirate ships. But only for certain things.
He is rather passive than most, dead loyal to his captain. He never seems to have an opinion; not even when his captain kills a crewmate for as little as being annoying, not even when Dreadclaw forces someone to cut their own tongue off because they are a chatterbox. A trait his captain surely favors.

Yet Damascus does indeed hold respect for his captain. A very interesting character, someone who had experienced life's cruelest circumstances and had come out alive and stronger (and crueler) than ever. Someone who strikes both fear and awe in every soul, taking only a look for him to make even the mightiest of mammals to kneel.
Damascus is a fierce warrior. Almost as ruthless as Dreadclaw himself, Damascus is the stuff of steel. He can commit and withstand even the gruesomest of crimes, without as much as flinching. Yet despite this, Damascus is a very soulful person. His thoughts run deeper than most pirates, who think only of females, treasure, and revenge. He rather enjoys meaningful conversations and has a taste for adventure.
And as mentioned before, Damascus does have a remarkable amount of patience. Yet there are certain things that tick him off. He hates the arrogant and the cocky, he despises weaklings, whiners, and slackers. He strives for a certain amount of order in the crew and ship, even if it is run by pirates. He knows how to keep mammals in their place and doesn't hesitate to do as he is told. He does have a hatred for Redd and his Trident, thinking the sly fox was nothing but former Navy scum. With the incident with both ships almost getting caught by the Navy making Damascus also believe that Redd was still loyal to the Crown, purposely making the error in navigation to foolishly lead Dreadclaw and his ship right to the enemy.

History :
Most could call him a walking contradiction. Being on perhaps the most ruthless ship that has ever sailed the seven seas, one has to assume it's crew is every little bit as ruthless and more. Pirates are heartless, say some. Pirates are bloody mongrels, say others. And still others say pirates have no sense of justice or honor. And for the most part, those who say such things are right. Yet it seems civilization has always had a tendency to generalize a bit too much. Many pirates, yes they are as black-hearted as they seem. But not all.
Alas, I introduce to you Damascus Claw.

Now, unlike popular belief, pirates are not completely heartless---just know how to use their heart less. Some of them had stopped using their hearts so much that, to many, it does indeed seem that they truly have no heart. In an age of brigands and brutality, it's no surprise.
Damascus grew up a noble's son. No, it's no joke. Damascus was the son of a noble, his father being part of the Crown's court. He was the eldest, which meant expectations, responsibilities, and burdens. Up until he was about thirteen, Damascus was living the high, uptight life, filled with pompous classes and endless tutors, a life of luxury. Yet Damascus back then would have none of it. He yearned for freedom, something that he was severely lacking in the world of tight, suffocating suits and powdered wigs and castles that felt like cages. Damascus was a very stubborn, free-spirited young lad back then, yearning for the vastness of the sea, which was highly unusual and disapproving in the eyes of nobility. Damascus was a trouble-maker and despised his caged life, finally running away to the streets at the young age of thirteen.

Now, one cannot simply expect the son of a noble to cope very well in the streets. Not when his life up until then was all about castles, classes, and charisma. The streets were a place where reality hits you pretty hard. Damascus somehow managed to survive, and along the way, met an old, former pirate who somehow managed to stayaway from the Crown's eye for a very long time. Damascus convinced the old man to teach the young panther how to swordfight, and the old man finally agreed, becoming his mentor. Damascus lived on the streets for about two years, learning how to swordfight and being a natural at it. Soon enough, Damascus began dreaming about the sea.
Being a very headstrong but half-witted kid, Damascus truly believed freedom was the sea. He had always had a fascination for pirates---to him, they were brave, talented lads who had the guts to defy the Crown and their rigid, pretentious ways. He hopped on the first ship he could find, fatefully being the Howling Tempest, at the age of fifteen.

Obviously, Damascus was discovered and put right to work as a lowly cabin kid, but soon worked his way up. His impressive skills were legendary, his ferocity and wit impeccable. After four long years of surviving the ruthless crew of Howling Tempest as well as the sea conditions, Damascus found himself at the right hand of Captain Dreadclaw.

And he still is now.

Extras :

SD4194.png

Double -set

Colour: Dark Green

Theme Song:

@Ms. Sparrow
Raku Raku
Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles
RoxasNobody13 RoxasNobody13
Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123
@The Chronicler Croi
@AmaranthWolf
@Acethekidd
301 Moved Permanently 301 Moved Permanently

(just so everyone is aware)

Appearance :
cynso_by_edheloth-d56ukti.jpg

Species : Falcon

Name : Skye Jones

Which Crew : Redd

Position : Navigator

History : Skye was picked up from an orphanage at a young age, recruited by pirates to be their cabin boy. Treasured for his ability to fly on the ocean winds, he kept vigilant lookout for years, learning to navigate by the stars and winds in open water and by the shores when near land.

Extras : Speaks in sky blue colors, fights with a cutlass and knife.

full

Appearance: Short, scruffy and twitchy. Bernard looks like he's been dragged backwards through a bush and, for good measure, thrown back in to the bush afterwards.

Species: Owl.

Name: Bernard "Cook" Eggerley

Crew: Howling Tempest (Dreadclaw)

Position: Ship's Cook

Personality: Just about unhinged enough to survive on board the Howling Tempest. Just about lucid enough to not get thrown off the ship at the earliest opportunity. Likes to be in control of things, and finds life outside the galley - where he no longer gets to be "in charge" - rather stressful. Takes great delight in being appreciated. Rather protective of his role on the ship.

History: (Brief Outline / Work In Progress / I'll Flesh This Out I Promise) The fourth son of Baron Eggerley of Escrick. Should have been a noble and upstanding gentleman of good breeding, but from a young age, it's clear he's not really cut out for that. Shipped off to the other side of the world for the good of his family after "an incident that nobody ought to dwell on too much", the ship he is travelling on is intercepted by pirates. Decides that it's probably better to sign up than be taken prisoner and sold off to somebody.

Extras: Fights with whatever is nearby, which usually means a frying pan and rolling pin. Colour is brown, to match the colour of a good stew.

Appearance : A black labrador sharpei mix, she wears a pair of black breeches and brown boots with a brown shirt tucked into her pants and a red scarf around her waist for some extra color, her black hair goes to about the middle of her back and is tipped in red, her eyes are a golden brown and her body shape would be considered voluptuous, she carries a flintlock pistol, wears a red headband when she is cooking to keep hair out of the food and her left ear has a golden hoop peircing

Species : Labrador sharpei mix

Name : Midnight Potter

Position : Cook

Personality : a kind young woman who works hard and is not afraid of much except never having a place to stay.

History :she was born in a whore house, her father having been a navy officer who visited her mother often, of course that means that she eventually gave birth to Midnight, and her father stopped coming around and they were kicked out since they were not bringing in any money, her mother managed to get a job as a scullery maid for a large house and Midnight when she grew up was able to sneak into the other kids lessons and she helped in the kitchen, so she knows how to read write and cook, one day, the lady of the house caught her watching her young men and women,trying to learn from them and since they had just reached the age of 16 she kicked her out, so with a little money, a few small tools of her trade and a pan she set off to the ocean, getting random odd jobs on different ships, which is how she heard of Redd's pirate ship, where she was able to secure a position as a cook.

Extras : flintlock pistol and in a pinch, her carving knife, her color will be purple

Appearance :
e5afa1b755cb3cebc06650b3f62f790d--character-art-character-design.jpg

Ignore the hook.
Species : Shark

Name : Cornelius Orwell

Position : 1st Mate

Personality : Cornelius is a very serious man and takes his job just as serious. He hates slackers and will be the first to tell someone off if he doesn't like them. He cares for his captain's crew but doesn't show it because he feels it is a sign of weakness. He is ruthless in combat and doesn't let survivors be a thing. If someone hurts any of his fellow crewmembers he will not hesitate to kill.

History : Cornelius was born into the pirate life. That's all he knows. His father was a captain and Cornelius was set to take his place when he died. That is exactly what happened until there was a mutiny not too long after he became captain. Cornelius was fine since he could swim home but his pride was destroyed. He never wanted to be a pirate in fear of this happening again. But one day he was intrigued by a fox talking a big game about needing a crew he signed on and soon became the first mate. He now does what he can to keep the ship from sinking and Redd doesn't die.

Extras : He uses an Anchor as a weapon, he has two flintlock pistol and a blunderbuss. Blue

These are the currently completely accepted characters. Everyone who isn't accepted was empty histories. Get those filled in and they're good

Pangolins! Yeah, I hear ya. I was in a rp in the past with someone who wanted an anthro pangolin but could never find a picture. A good description would be alright.

I'll do a doodle and scan it in for a general impression, and then put in a good description to make up for my drawing style. I'm not sure when you want to start, but I'll try and get it done over the weekend. He'll be one of the general crew members aboard Redd's ship, so if you want to start things before I get it done, it should be okay as he won't be filling some vital role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back