Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

• Effects of concentrated sulfuric acid injection into the bloodstream of the human body
  • Is a disembodied brain kept active and alive through artificial means conscious?
  • High intensity radiation melting flesh
  • Average number of things can that kill a person in an average room
  • How vacuum in space kills a person
  • Birds sucked into jet engine
  • Human sucked into jet engine
  • Most painful way to die
  • Painless suicide methods
  • Soviet anthem earrape

Don't ask.

I'm honestly dying to know how earrape, especially Soviet anthem earrape, fit into a RP.

I'm honestly dying to know how earrape, especially Soviet anthem earrape, fit into a RP.

Oh, you know,

2edo6um6p7d21.gif

I'm sure I don't recall the weirdest things I searched, but I do recall the weirdest discovery I've made by accident:
While searching for Victorian occultism, I found out that Madame Blavatsky, when she was young, looked exactly like a friend of mine.

Admittedly, most the odd things I’ve googled have been for novels I’ve tried to write instead of RPs... but yeah I’ve searched some weird stuff, like:

- Would a corpse decay slower or faster in water?
- How long does it take for a corpse to decay in hot weather
- How to prevent infection in large wounds
- Medieval swordplay techniques
- Medieval sword types
- How to make homemade salve
- How to clean a large infected wound
- How difficult would it be to stab someone in the heart?
- How much blood can a human lose before they die? (I google this one a LOT because I always forget the exact amount, so then I have to look it up again......)

I don't think anything is weird at this point... and I goggle a lot.

But the most inconvenient thing was registering on quora to ask a surgeon about methods of stitching up temporal arteries. Not very weird, but... too lengthy.

Research is the foundation of writing, but it can make you look up some weird things, especially if your roleplays tend to have more mature themes. For example, the thing that inspired me to make this thread: "What does blood smell like?"

Anything weird or funny you'd like to share?

I hope no one looks at my browser history. I'm not a psychopath, just a writer, I swear.

My junior year of high school we had to do a mock trial about the book Of Mice and Men. To cut a long story short I was looking up execution methods from that time period, the most obvious one to me being hanging. So during one of my free periods I sat in a classroom, on my school issued Chrome Book, trying to look up the finer science of how exactly hanging kills people, the different types of it, and if they hurt or not. The school had a very strict computer program that blocked a lot of websites and would occasionally flag people if they tried to get onto certain sites. I was blocked multiple times as I was researching but didn’t think anything about it. So imagine my surprise when the school counselor pulls me from my fifth period class and brings me to his office, and tells me that my chrome book flagged some “interesting” things that morning. I was still clueless at this point and wondering if someone maybe used my computer without my knowing when the thought struck me and I responded with. “Oh crap, I can explain.”

Our school counselor is a pretty chill guy so after I explained what happened he let me go and said he’d talk to the teacher to get confirmation. We all had a good laugh about it in the end, and now that teacher tells the story to her juniors when the mock trial lessons come up. After that incident I made sure that if I ever had to look up something weird, I’d use my phone.

"What does blood smell like?"

I hope no one looks at my browser history. I'm not a psychopath, just a writer, I swear.
I can fully sympathize with that.

Some years back I had an Rp set in the 5th Fuyuki Holy Grail war and I was using a Kiritsugu minded character, I ended up googling a bunch of WW1 and 2 weapons including napalm and that gas of WW2 that smelled of "freshly cut grass" and took like 24 hours to take effect... I also may have researched how to smuggle things into Japan...

Wow... That DO looks bad now that I think about it.

At least I did manage to take down 3 masters with the gas so at least there's a silver lining.

My junior year of high school we had to do a mock trial about the book Of Mice and Men. To cut a long story short I was looking up execution methods from that time period, the most obvious one to me being hanging. So during one of my free periods I sat in a classroom, on my school issued Chrome Book, trying to look up the finer science of how exactly hanging kills people, the different types of it, and if they hurt or not. The school had a very strict computer program that blocked a lot of websites and would occasionally flag people if they tried to get onto certain sites. I was blocked multiple times as I was researching but didn’t think anything about it. So imagine my surprise when the school counselor pulls me from my fifth period class and brings me to his office, and tells me that my chrome book flagged some “interesting” things that morning. I was still clueless at this point and wondering if someone maybe used my computer without my knowing when the thought struck me and I responded with. “Oh crap, I can explain.”

Our school counselor is a pretty chill guy so after I explained what happened he let me go and said he’d talk to the teacher to get confirmation. We all had a good laugh about it in the end, and now that teacher tells the story to her juniors when the mock trial lessons come up. After that incident I made sure that if I ever had to look up something weird, I’d use my phone.
Happened so much with my drama class in high school! We did a play about suicide and wanted to get it right so we emailed; suicide notes, how long does it take to overdose, what happens when you're overdosing, how to write a suicide note.

On the school computers...needless to say a very frantic counselor pulled the googler into their office and had a long chat with them about if they were okay and they even phoned their parents.

Then in an RS assignment we had to research any religion, one group did Satanism and got pulled into the counsellors office for extremism.

I was once caught in a situation where the characters found themselves infected with a dangerous spore. Eventually they found a chemical that would force the spore from the person's body, but since they were on a foreign planet, they needed to find the element naturally.

Well, eventually they found it in very low doses within a flower. Not enough to do anything, though. Then, however, they resorted to using a perfume of that flower.

Unfortunately Google doesn't have many results as to what happens if you on inject perfume into your bloodstream, so I made do with what happens if you consume perfume.

I once had a character who was sentenced to prison for hacking into several computer systems... my search history looked a little something like this:

“How long can you be sentenced to jail for hacking?”
“Are you allowed to wear piercings in jail?”
“Can you bring your own books to jail?”
“Solitary confinement”

So on and so forth. Google must have thought I was preparing to carry out a sentence or smth. The search history of a writer is truly something unsettling 😂

"What does a dead body look like three days after death?" If I'm going to have a character touching a body to try bring it back to life, I want to know how it's going to feel and look.

I don't know about the weirdest of all time because I make a point of clearing my search history at least once a month, but here's a story in four parts from one of my weirder recent research searches:

"What was the mandatory minimum for grand theft auto 1920's USA" or, alternatively, "Nevada 1920 grand theft auto court records"
"Can you be drafted in america if you have a criminal record"
"Age limit on draft WW2 USA"
"What is minimum sentence military prison 2nd degree murder"

And the thrilling epilogue- "List of racial slurs"

Many, considering I do a lot of darker RP's. Most recently it was SS and Gestapo ranks for a RP I'm doing that is set in Nazi Germany.

“can you leave fingerprints on paper“

Origami themed villain. But from that Google someone probably would think I’m going to steal something paper-based.

Oh, oh, research for a roleplay?
I can't remember specifics but I recall at one point I was researching different diseases.
Afterwards I felt like one of those webMD hypochondriacs.​

As a rule, I add something to my characters that I know absolutely nothing about, so I end researching a lot of different subjects. It's something to do between posts. However it has led to some questionable queries on my search engine. For example, I had a character who was a mechanic/driver for a Mafia RP (Which is now a trilogy, and makes for a good read if one has the time, TO | AFA | EC)

Anyway, given the potential violent nature of the Mafia, and my character's skill with driving, I've looked up a large number way of how to inflict injuries, through various means. It wasn't pretty. However, on the plus side, I can roughly understand what car mechanics are saying when they start talking shop.

P.S. If a NSA Agent was assigned to me; it was all purely research, and I have no homicidal intent. I'm sorry for wasting your time...

Murder, how long one goes away for murder, the different types of murder, and how to get away with murder.

This was all for a crime novel I attempted to write. At face value, I know it looks like I'm contemplating murder but it's all for research for a novel that I barely made any headway into. Still, this is probably the weirdest thing that sticks out aside from general face claim google searches and other morbid curiosities I have. 😂

This thread reminds me of this

Anyway, I think my weirdest search so far that I can remember is 'pyromaniac orgasm' or something along that line. W-wait, I don't have that kind of fetish. I just finished watching Shokugeki no Souma at that time so I wondered if I can give my pyromaniac OC ahegao when she witness a person burning in front of her.

i did extensive research on exactly how potentially lethal medical diseases worked, what could activate them, etc. was trying to figure out if arrhythmia was real and how it worked after listening to ‘girl scout’ and then i didn’t stop. it looked like i was plotting to kill somebody and make it look like a medical issue.
now have a character based on that research, so... eh.

The layout and "anatomy" of various types of cargo ships.

I needed to know what the crane thing on the boat is called, because a character was using it. Turns out it's literally just called a crane lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back