Chitchat Weirdest thing you've done in your sleep

I've bitten my arm hard enough that I could see the impression of my teeth for a week afterwards. Must have been dreaming about vampires!

Another time I woke up in the middle of the night with my feet on my pillow and my head where my feet normally are. Went back to sleep without moving, woke with my head on the pillow like usual. :P

I've been told that I whimper, laugh, and cry when I sleep which is not all that unbelievable. Nothing too out of the way though.

I suppose it's more dumb than weird, but I pulled my leg in my sleep (I don't toss and turn that much, even when I'm as stressed to the max).

Could hardly walk on it for a few days. One of the worst pulled muscles I've ever had tbh.

I came to the bedside of my mom, flashing a flashlight in her face and asking for a pickaxe (played too much Minecraft) and then went back to bed. She came there and woke me up and asked me what happened, I thought I was dreaming ha. I do not play video games anymore...

Not the most bizarre thing, but I tend to drool. It doesn’t seem to be on the pillow as often (sometimes I wake up and have to flip the pillow over because of a spot by my face), but usually I wake up and run my hand through the chin portion of my beard and it’s wet. It honestly makes me insecure about the idea of sharing a bed with someone.

when I was a kid, I used to sleep walk a TON. My mom found me when I was like 5 trying to take off my P.Js in the hamper room to put them away, but I wasn't actually grabbing my clothes-- just the sheets around me.

The worst though was when I turned on the bath and climbed in, I could of probably drowned fr

I came to the bedside of my mom, flashing a flashlight in her face and asking for a pickaxe (played too much Minecraft) and then went back to bed. She came there and woke me up and asked me what happened, I thought I was dreaming ha. I do not play video games anymore...
hey that’s not as bad as being a 4 year old girl who told her mom she got to pet the moose as I’m being led to the bathroom

I don't do too much in my sleep that I know of, but here's a few things.

-Most recent thing was me getting up while company was over, walking to the kitchen, and just stood in the archway staring at the living room. Walked back to my bed and laid back down. My roommate mentioned it when I actually woke up that day, said he thought I had just zoned out. (I'm a quiet person, it's normal.)

-Mom came to wake me up one day when I was still in school and I apparently told her "there's a cow in the basket". There was not a basket or cow.

-Sleep texting. I didn't know it was even possible until I woke up one morning to my phone in my face and my messages open. Last message I sent was "put the hands" with really bad spelling...At least I think that's what I was trying to put. I was probably half awake trying to respond to my friend and don't remember it.

-Not me, but my partner. They sleep eat, strip, and twitch. I found this out the hard way after I left some Cheetos on my nightstand and woke up to the bag being empty and Cheetos crumbs all over them while they were still asleep. Also woke up once to them eating dry cereal in the kitchen and them not remembering it the next day. When I say twitch, I don't mean that light twitching people get sometimes. I mean their legs jerk in their sleep, they've "twitched" themselves awake before. They also strip because they sweat a lot in their sleep, and never spend an entire night with the pillow under their head. I've counted the nights this week that they've kept the pillow under their head and it's zero. They haven't kept it there once.

-Not me again, but my elder brother walks and talks in his sleep. I can't give every incident, because it's half of my life full of them, but yeah. The funniest one I can think of is him waking up and urinating on his shoes/wall. Nasty surprise the next day.
that’s like when I was 4 and my mom led me to the bathroom but I was kinda asleep and told her “I got to pet the moose!” She told me this later

I've woken up several times to find random, seemingly nonsensical garbage written in my text boxes and sometimes even sent as messages, god forbid. My friend who has borne witness to this phenomenon has started calling it my "sleep typing" habits.

It only ever happens when I pass out in the middle of writing something and start dreaming. At some point I dreamed about some guy called King Hilton and woke up to find "Hail King Hilton" written in my notes. Most of the time, they don't even make sense.

As a kid I think I used to kick my brother a lot when I was asleep, but that was more of me dreaming weird apparently. For random things I've witnessed people do in their sleep, I've heard my brother just scream in his sleep at some point, and there was a time where I went over to see if he was awake and he just straight up elbowed me in the gut while completely passed out.

honestly as a certified insomniac™ the weirdest things i've done weren't from sleep, but from going 5+ days without it...

Weirdest thing I've done huh... I screamed at the top of my lungs, must've been having a nightmare

I wake up in strange positions. I'll be sleeping curled up or stretched out and the next thing I know, my leg is spread out somewhere else or my head is angled awkwardly. I've done some weird re positioning in my sleep but it doesn't seem to bother me.

One time when I was younger, my mom found me almost nearly sitting up with my head leaning against the wall. I was lying down when I went to bed..

Oh, I've done a lot of pretty "odd" things while sleeping.
Throughout most of my childhood, I wrestled with my mattress. As in, upon waking, most mornings, my mattress would be anywhere from a quarter to half-way displaced off of the bed structure, or sometimes I'd lose the match and wake up on the floor, or hanging off the bed.

I also sleep talk when I wake up; but more than that, I reply whenever you talk to me. Sure, most, if not all of what I say in the first minutes of you trying to wake me up, is gibberish. But I'm still replying to people, talking to me, while asleep (probably something to do with the transition from REM Sleep to waking state).

I also have slept walked. Both during the night, and in the morning (while talking gibberish). My ma once caught me "eating milk and cookies in the middle of the night". But upon further inspection, I hadn't actually grabbed anything, and I was just idly opening and closing cupboards. She asked me "What are you doing up at this hour?!", and (gibberish ensues). She walked me back to bed, and we thought that was the end of it.
About a month later, she thinks she's woken me up, but instead of getting ready for school, I just idly walk around the house for a full five minutes, before returning to bed (I was late to school that day).

I am beginning to believe that when I'm asleep, some sort of inner-identity emerges, and tries to exist, seeing an opportunity at my conscious absence.

Oh heck don't get me started!

I've been one heck of a sleep walker for most of my life (oddly enough that has ended when I moved away?)
But I've been talking about dead people in my sleep, writing replies for RPs that actually made sense, got furious over the rubber ball not bouncing (... It was a rolled up pair of socks, rip), moving to leave my bed and instead sleep on my desk as well as coming up with ways to establish a working settlement on the moon. I've refrained from discussing all evening with my rocket scientist uncle from that day on.

I only have nightmares, but their was one time that I was at a sleep over and I started to run to my friends stair case he followed me their and I jumped of the side of it saying "he won't kill me tonight" and i had no memory of it my friend said his parents had to hold me back but ever since then i'v been perfectly fine I mean I have story's of my friends but none on me.

fun fact: as a child i had a white nightgown that made me look like a horror movie kiddo, you know the type. so i used to sleepwalk and. fam. did i scare my family.

also, there was one time at camp I kept yelling at my cabinmates to go to sleep and at midnight i started screaming for everyone to go to sleep. now i don't remember this but when i woke everyone else up... they seemed unhappy the next morning.

sometimes I carry on full conversations with myself or other people on whatever is going on in my dreams that has managed to weasel itself out of my subconscious and into the waking world instead. I'm usually well aware while I'm in this state, so in my mind I'm just trapped and repeatedly thinking: wait, no, stop talking... you're still asleep. but I can't do anything about it until I finally manage to break myself out of the dream.
I also twitch and jerk in my sleep... like a lot. Enough that friends in the past have woken me up scared because they thought I was having a seizure or something.

I once ate an entire bag of jalapeno cheddar bagels in my sleep. I woke up the next morning and asked my mate " Where are my bagels at?" for which she replied. " I watched you eat them..one by one." I'm lucky to be alive. :P No joke stress can really make this happen and I am really relieved I'm not alone in this. LOL as funny as it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back