Experiences Weirdest Role Play?

The weirdest rp I've ever taken part of was on amino. Now, I had purposely avoided amino because of all the bad things I had heard about it. You know, riddled with minors and the like who lack the concept of 'rp taboos'.

Anyhow, I finally caved and made an account on the hopes of expanding my clientele in the art community (I am, and still am, a self marketing failure but I digress) but apparently fate had a different plan for me.

A week into my amino ventures, I received a chat message from an unfamiliar screenname. It was a request for what he called a 'niche rp'.
I love rping to the point were ill entertain almost any Fandom, but this one took the cake.
He wanted to do a toy story rp where I would play a doll trying to break free from her child owner. The real kicker was he wanted me to record all the voice lines for her.

This doll was apparently also in love with an alien toy name Herb, who was apparently a toy god??????? It was wild.

I humored him, giving several replies with the requested amateur voice acting he requested.
What ended it was when he decided my doll character just HAD to have a scene where she was to take a plastic shit on the alien to unleash his secret poopie powers.

I deleted the app and never looked back. Sometimes I wonder if it was just a fever dream. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know what amino is, but... I think I'll be staying right here in RP Nation. =)

Oh my gosh! That is nuts! When you next wonder if it was real, maybe check your computer for any recorded audio files you might have kept?

I think I still have some of the screen shots from the beginnings of the rp he had written out. (I knew in my heart no one would believe me should I speak of the rp, so I just KNEW I had to save some kind of proof for future reference. It's beyond me if my screenshots carried over from the cloud, though.) Since deleting the app however, I no longer have access to the recordings I sent, which is disappointing to say the least. I distinctly remember being unable to stop myself from laughing to first couple of recordings I sent.

I'll post a screenshot for anyone curious if I happen across it!

Oh, no need! I believe you.

I meant for you to remember them - they're your memories after all. =)

I wish I had been wise enough to save them all, honestly. As weird as it was, it's still the funniest rp exchange I've ever had. And I've rped as the Arby's hand before 🤣🤣🤣

Hah! Wow! You've got me beat!

Hey, speaking of Arby's, I remember something about Arby's selling RP dice awhile back. They sold out super-fast. Did you see this? =)

No way!! :O that's pretty awesome!! I knew Arby's was pretty well engrossed with nerd culture, based on their ads the past few years, but that totally slipped by me!

Guess I know what I'm buying when they replenish their stock haha! Can't wait to see the confusion and jealousy cross my dnd companion's faces as I bust out those bad boys 🤣

Ha ha ha! I hope you get some and do just that!!

I wouldn't have known were it not for my lady, Kaerri. She's terrific! =)

She already sounds like someone I'd like, then! Your got yourself a keeper, sir. My husband is gonna LOVE these when I'm able to order them! ❤

One of the rules I ardently enforce at my tables in real life is: "If you are a male, you must play a male character."

This is a reactionary rule, and is in place not because of one player, but because of an archetype. Several times when incorporating new players or a new group I have encountered men who create female characters and then try very hard to sexualize them, which is a severe no bueno from me.

Double standard? Yes.

One of the rules I ardently enforce at my tables in real life is: "If you are a male, you must play a male character."

This is a reactionary rule, and is in place not because of one player, but because of an archetype. Several times when incorporating new players or a new group I have encountered men who create female characters and then try very hard to sexualize them, which is a severe no bueno from me.

Double standard? Yes.
Not sure how I feel about this tbh. I get where you're coming from, but as a female who usually enjoys playing male characters I would be rather annoyed if I was bound to a female only rule.

Not sure how I feel about this tbh. I get where you're coming from, but as a female who usually enjoys playing male characters I would be rather annoyed if I was bound to a female only rule.

And I've never had a problem with women being creepy perverts, so this rule only applies to men. Over the years I feel like this one rule has saved me about a bajillion awkward moments. Only applies to live in-person tabletop gaming.

And I've never had a problem with women being creepy perverts, so this rule only applies to men. Over the years I feel like this one rule has saved me about a bajillion awkward moments. Only applies to live in-person tabletop gaming.
Fair enough. I admittedly don't have any experience with tabletop RPG.

Agreed. I've written with guys who were able to play female characters without sexualizing them or doing all that stereotypical stuff.

Double standard? Yes.

I have seen so much of this, it's not even funny.

I have been that person sitting there wondering if this was a TTRPG or some kind of weird sexualizing jungle because one guy in our group was playing a female and they were all like "she's got BIG HONKERS" and I don't know. XD I can't tell if he was doing that because it's funny and it's a gag, or if his oversexualization of his female character was something that he was doing on purpose and he put comedy over it to hide it. xD

Fair enough. I admittedly don't have any experience with tabletop RPG.

I both pity and envy you. I've met some very interesting people in such a setting. Granted... I've met far more that have made me question the notion that humans are an 'intelligent species'.

I have seen so much of this, it's not even funny.

I have been that person sitting there wondering if this was a TTRPG or some kind of weird sexualizing jungle because one guy in our group was playing a female and they were all like "she's got BIG HONKERS" and I don't know. XD I can't tell if he was doing that because it's funny and it's a gag, or if his oversexualization of his female character was something that he was doing on purpose and he put comedy over it to hide it. xD

I hate it. It drives me wild with fury as a matter of fact. If a person proves mature enough to handle the apparently extreme responsibility of imagining a woman, then I'll let them. Some new nerd that I've just met? No way.

it’s not exactly weird but it’s a bit out of the ordinary....

I was rping on this other website, and it was a Hunger Games based rp, but after everyone died in the original, we kept making AUs

AUs where no one died, genderbends, modern AUs, etc.

It was this whole expanded universe, even continuations of the original rps where some of our character were revived and avenging others.

I also think there was a cult in the jungle at one point, and giant scorpions, and demons possessing people.

It was super fun though. I really miss it.

The first RP that I was a part of was pretty wild, though reading some of your stories makes me think it was merely just odd in comparison to the weirdness of some of those that have already been mentioned. the whole thing actually started out as an “I’m new” topic in a spam forum, and somehow turned into a world with plot and characters that spanned several topics and went on for almost ten years.

the basic idea was that the evil TestUser kidnapped his poor hapless brother TestSubject, and dragged him off into the deadly God Cheese Dimension. Our heroes, which consisted of a Cheese Goddess, knight, tinkerer, samurai, vampire, robot, fairy… and not to mention characters from every thing from Sailor Moon , Mortal Kombat, Castlevania (and several others that I didn’t recognize) all heading off to rescue him. The villain, an Evil Cheese Dragon perused our poor heroes relentlessly and threw all sorts of obstacles in their way.

it was utter weirdness and hilarity for the first six months or so, but then it suddenly got very serious ad ended up with quite an epic plot. There were a few scenes that were so intense and emotional that my partner and I would have to stop for a bit and take a break.

Last edited:
The villain. an Evil Cheese Dragon perused our poor heroes relentlessly and threw all sorts of obstacles in their way.
Cheese Dragon? How cool!
There were a few scenes that were so intense and emotional that my partner and I would have to stop for a bit and take a break.
Wow! Sounds like it when from fun and "cheesy" (see what I did there?) to...
Laugh GIF

Cheese Dragon? How cool!
Totally cool. Who doesn’t like cheese and dragons? some of the groups‘s characters even tried to take a bite out of him. I believe the general opinion was that cheese dragons are not tasty to eat.

He actually became a very popular villain —- even though he pretty much started out doing nothing but yelling RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! and bashing people with his tail and claws. Many epic sword fights were enjoyed by all.

Sounds like Good Times! =)
They certainly were, though I actually have fonder memories of the RP when it got much darker and serious. Perhaps I’ll sound a bit crazy saying this, but we actually ended up with a story about a cheese godddess and a cheese dragon with fairly deep and interesting development and a satisfying ending.

Not crazy at all. Memories are what makes up life and good, lasting memories are the treasures of reality. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back