Video Games Weird/Creepy Pokemon

Imaginiaria

I know this subject has been done to death on Youtube, but I wanna do it now on here. Any Pokémon fan who bothers to go through pokedex entries knows that a lot of pokemon have some...interesting traits. Such as Spoink, who must always keep bouncing otherwise it will literally die. Or Kadabra who, according to Pokémon Sun, was once a young boy who couldn't control his psychic powers and ended up transformed into this Pokémon.

My point is, Pokémon is a little disturbing but loveable at the same time and if you're interested, bored or whatever, post any pokedex entry you've seen that you think belongs in the category of weird or creepy.

I can't name any examples by name since I don't pay that much attention (sorry), but there are several ghost types that are all about stealing souls. Kinda makes ghost types less cute.

I can't name any examples by name since I don't pay that much attention (sorry), but there are several ghost types that are all about stealing souls. Kinda makes ghost types less cute.
Yeah, stuff like that is especially abundant for ghost types. I guess I understand why, but at the same time I don't for some reason.

Yeah, stuff like that is especially abundant for ghost types. I guess I understand why, but at the same time I don't for some reason.
It's likely because ghosts are, by design, creepy. The designers probably decided to lean into that and make the ghost types unsettling. There's also that one pokemon that gets possessed by brain fungus. Not sure what it's called, but it exists. You can probably find it fairly easily with a search engine.

It's likely because ghosts are, by design, creepy. The designers probably decided to lean into that and make the ghost types unsettling. There's also that one pokemon that gets possessed by brain fungus. Not sure what it's called, but it exists. You can probably find it fairly easily with a search engine.
I remember that one two. The first time I heard about it made me want to stay as far away as I could in Platnium.

Yup. And I think one of Gardevoir's pokedex entries says it can open a black hole, which can't be good for anything around it.

True. But at least Gardevoir is trying to protect it's trainer and not kill him.
The good intention is there, but I don't think a black hole really cares why it was made. That black hole is probably going to consumes both trainer and pokemon. Not to mention whatever the threat was.

The good intention is there, but I don't think a black hole really cares why it was made. That black hole is probably going to consumes both trainer and pokemon. Not to mention whatever the threat was.
Well, now I feel a little bad. Guess it might not go well as Gardevoir would like...

Well, now I feel a little bad. Guess it might not go well as Gardevoir would like...
The pokedex likes its drama. But yeah, it does make you feel for it, doesn't it? Its Japanese name is Saanaito (Sirknight). Probably a reference to its dedication to protecting those less powerful than itself (i.e., its trainer).

The pokedex likes its drama. But yeah, it does make you feel for it, doesn't it? Its Japanese name is Saanaito (Sirknight). Probably a reference to its dedication to protecting those less powerful than itself (i.e., its trainer).
I think someone needs to protect Gardevoir from fanartists

I think someone needs to protect Gardevoir from fanartists
That's true enough for a lot of pokemon, honestly. Only from some fanartists, though. Some make quality, all-ages art that's quite good. But you have a good point. Some peoples' works are a bit out there.

That's true enough for a lot of pokemon, honestly. Only from some fanartists, though. Some make quality, all-ages art that's quite good. But you have a good point. Some peoples' works are a bit out there.
Can't knock em though. Like what ya like XD Can't lie and say some of it isn't wellmade.

I'm not really fond of Bewear's design, but its Pokédex entry in Moon is just the best:

"This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug."

Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away.
That pokemon scared me when I first saw it I don't remember in which version it was. The sound it makes is also creepy, and it literally looks like stuff of nightmares XD
Sad story though :(

Can't knock em though. Like what ya like XD Can't lie and say some of it isn't wellmade.
This I have to agree with a little. If you want to see some really good pokemon fanart, check out Zerochan.net. They have probably the best fanart of anything fandom I can think of especially pokemon.

That pokemon scared me when I first saw it I don't remember in which version it was. The sound it makes is also creepy, and it literally looks like stuff of nightmares XD
I cannot believe I forgot about this one. I remember encountering this pokemon as a kid when I first played this series and after reading that entry, I was actually a little scared that something would happen to my trainer if I took it out of my party. I think my imagination was a bit too active back then...

I think Aegislash can mind control anyone who touches it. And Mimikyu wears a Pikachu disguise because it doesn't feel lovable and wants some of Pikachu's popularity. Something like that, I think.

No lie, Banette was my favorite Pokémon for the longest time. I want a plush version so bad. D :

I think that storing monkey shit in your pockets to keep warm is weird af but gorebyss takes the cake imo

Frankly i dont want to be a blood and bile slurpee

A new favorite of mine is Araquanid's in sun and moon. They're a bit contradictory so it's more like "so what's the truth?!"
Sun: It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.
Moon: Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.​

So what do you think? Deadly drowner or protective puppy? Or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back