• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Weekly Romance RPs

DisneyGirl

it was fun, peace out.
What's a weekly romance RP?

I'm a detailed roleplayer, and I have a lot of romantic pairings/plots I am always wanting to try out, but because most detailed roleplays take a while to plot out and write, certain pairings/plot cravings get pushed to the side…until now.

I'm interested in trying out something new: doing multiple short-term roleplays with the same partner.

This is how we would do a weekly romance roleplay:

We pick a pairing and/or plot.

We create the characters.

We set a post limit. (Ex: 120 posts)

We write this baby out until we hit the post limit and wrap up the roleplay with a happily ever after, a sad ending, or a to be continued.

We take on a new pairing/plot or do a sequel and repeat the process.

What pairings/plots are you craving?

While I am interested in trying out fantasy/sci-fi romances, modern and historical are my favorites. So if you love modern/historical romance, we might be a match.

m/f pairings:

widow/brother-in-law

dancer/teacher

homeless ex-foster kids

abused woman/male best friend

sick or disabled/healthy

sick or disabled/caretaker

young woman/young single dad

royal/non-royal

nurse/soldier

actress/regular guy

governess/widower boss

poor/rich

young mom on the run/new neighbor

I am open to other m/f pairings you want to try, too! c:

Fun plot:

After missing their last bus to their hotel, two sisters on summer vacation in the city meet two handsome local guys who take them on an all night adventure around town filled with pranks, dares and romance.

Okay, I'm interested. What type of partner are you looking for?

Let's make this short, sweet, and simple.

Writing Skill: Advanced or semi-advanced. Have your basic spelling and grammar down. Know the difference between your and you're and when to use or not use commas.

Post Length: 2+ paragraphs (5-10 sentences a paragraph) per character is fine.

Post Frequency: Daily, at least 3-4 times a day, so we can finish up the roleplay within 1-2 weeks.

Now I understand we all have lives and some off days.

I'm not going to be one of those partners who bugs you to post, so if you cannot post multiple times a day on a regular basis, you can click off this post now. I don't mind c:

Other: Be willing to double. Be friendly. Communication is key. Yup, that's all.

If you are interested in being my partner, please fill this out and either post/pm the form back to me:

Sample of Writing:

Pairings (yours or mine) you are interested in:

How many times a day on average you can post:

Your average post length:

I look forward to writing with you!

xo

-DisneyGirl

Love this idea! Takes away the stress of planning out super detailed plots without jeopardizing the quality of the story. Anyway, I'm in. :)

Writing Samples
First person, past tense

Third person, past tense

Both of these posts are from roleplays in which I'm currently an active player. These posts will also give you an idea of my coding style (I care a lot about presentation and style). Feel free to check out my CS's in the Character Sign-Up sections of both those RPs for examples of my CS layouts!
Pairings
I'm also a huge modern/historical fan. Though I dabble in fantasy and sci-fi, the majority of my stories revolve around realistic or historical settings. That being said, here are some pairings I'm digging:

→ Royal x Royal (modern, historical or fairy tale-fantasy)

→ Royal x Commoner (ditto)

→ Nurse x Soldier (WWI, WWII or modern would be my preferences)

→ Rich x Poor (Regency, Victorian, Edwardian, 1950s, 1960s or fantasy)

→ Aristocrat x Servant (specifically Victorian or Edwardian)

→ Servant x Servant (as in workers in the same household, a la Downton Abbey)

→ Co-worker x co-worker (modern office romance, yo)

→ Friend x Friend (modern - so many situations for this one)

→ Time Travelers? (a combo of modern, historical and fantasy)

As you can see, I have a thing for pairs separated or ruled by relatively rigid social hierarchies (and I tend to have a Western slant).
Posting Frequency
I'll promise you at least 1 post per week. For this style of roleplay 2-3 posts per week is probably doable, but that depends on my energy level and whether my turn to post falls on or near one of my days off work. I do, however, pop on the site multiple times per day just to check on alerts and updates. Rest assured I won't vanish on you in the OOC sections of the roleplay. You'll get frequent and timely OOC replies from me. Brainstorming with my partner is something I really enjoy doing.
Average Post Length
The sample posts above should give you a good indication of what my average post length is. I'm a quality over quantity kind of girl, but I also try really hard to give my partners a solid 300-400 words per post (coding not included). I can, depending on the style of the RP, write well above that amount, but I won't force out 1,000 words for the sake of giving you 1,000 words.
Other
Just thought you'd like to know, I'm not restricted to only female or only male characters. I enjoy playing both in equal measure.

I tend make my characters between the ages of 17 and 30. However (and especially for some historical options), I'll certainly expand that range if necessary.

I also prefer heterosexual pairings.
I hope I'm a good candidate for this project!

- Pluvious ☺

Thank you so much for your interest! Love your writing. It's great to see that I'm not the only fan of first person roleplaying!

DisneyGirl said:
What's a weekly romance RP?
I'm a detailed roleplayer, and I have a lot of romantic pairings/plots I am always wanting to try out, but because most detailed roleplays take a while to plot out and write, certain pairings/plot cravings get pushed to the side…until now.

I'm interested in trying out something new: doing multiple short-term roleplays with the same partner.

This is how we would do a weekly romance roleplay:

We pick a pairing and/or plot.

We create the characters.

We set a post limit. (Ex: 120 posts)

We write this baby out until we hit the post limit and wrap up the roleplay with a happily ever after, a sad ending, or a to be continued.

We take on a new pairing/plot or do a sequel and repeat the process.

What pairings/plots are you craving?

While I am interested in trying out fantasy/sci-fi romances, modern and historical are my favorites. So if you love modern/historical romance, we might be a match.

m/f pairings:

widow/brother-in-law

dancer/teacher

homeless ex-foster kids

abused woman/male best friend

sick or disabled/healthy

sick or disabled/caretaker

young woman/young single dad

royal/non-royal

nurse/soldier

actress/regular guy

governess/widower boss

poor/rich

young mom on the run/new neighbor

I am open to other m/f pairings you want to try, too! c:

Fun plot:

After missing their last bus to their hotel, two sisters on summer vacation in the city meet two handsome local guys who take them on an all night adventure around town filled with pranks, dares and romance.

Okay, I'm interested. What type of partner are you looking for?

Let's make this short, sweet, and simple.

Writing Skill: Advanced or semi-advanced. Have your basic spelling and grammar down. Know the difference between your and you're and when to use or not use commas.

Post Length: 2+ paragraphs (5-10 sentences a paragraph) per character is fine.

Post Frequency: Daily, at least 3-4 times a day, so we can finish up the roleplay within 1-2 weeks.

Now I understand we all have lives and some off days.

I'm not going to be one of those partners who bugs you to post, so if you cannot post multiple times a day on a regular basis, you can click off this post now. I don't mind c:

Other: Be willing to double. Be friendly. Communication is key. Yup, that's all.

If you are interested in being my partner, please fill this out and either post/pm the form back to me:

Sample of Writing:

Pairings (yours or mine) you are interested in:

How many times a day on average you can post:

Your average post length:

I look forward to writing with you!

xo

-DisneyGirl
Omg I would love to Role-Play with you! *cries* I am new to this site and everything was simple at first but now it's just so confusing and I just really want to just start role-playing. I don't even know how to pm you so sorry I am replying on this thread. I noticed your username and I loved it so I clicked your thread and read your ideas and I would definitely post everyday and be interested in lots of your pairings. ♡ Gisellaremix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back