• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wedding Bells - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Current Initiative numbers
8 - Kasumi
5 - Melati
5 - Moretta (7SM)

Enathia pulls her lance from the flames, her armor glistening. She says a few words to the Dragons under breath, praying they all get through this unscathed. Especially Arissa.

[Join Battle: 1 success.]

With a ragged cheer, the pirates begin to leap across the gap between the two ships. They are all in Short range to you.

jaydude jaydude is up first

8 - Kasumi <====
6 - Pirates 1-6
5 - Melati
5 - Moretta (7SM)
4 - Enathia
4 - Pirates 7-12

As soon as the first group of pirates landed on the deck of the Waverunner and started charging forward, Kasumi moved towards them and sliced up at the face of one, while simultaneously stepping to his side. Immediately afterwards, the man's charge faltered and he came stumbling to a stop, his comrades all doing the same and stepping backwards as they sensed that - although there were no visible signs of injury - something had clearly happened to him.

Kasumi grinned and took hold of the pirate's shoulder, the man not resisting or even reacting to this. The Water Aspect then gently turned him around to face the other pirates, allowing all of them to see the look of blank shock on his face...right before it slid off and fell onto the deck, having been cut clean from the man's skull by the blade of Kirameku Namida. His lifeless body followed soon afterwards once Kasumi let go of it, at which point several of the pirates would no doubt recoil in shock at the sight.

Withering attack against Pirates 1-6, claiming a one-point stunt as a base, but also wondering if I could claim a two-point stunt here. I mean, I did slice a man's face clean off for no other reason than to outright terrify the attacking pirates and thus hurt their morale. Certainly a bit more original than just trying to carve everyone up. :closed eyes open smile:

Three successes with 15 dice.
Essence: 2
Personal Essence: 13/13
Peripheral Essence: 23/33
Anima

Committed Essence: 5

Willpower: 7
Join Battle: 5 dice (5 successes for 5m through Breath and Essence Control)
Health Levels:
-0: [_]
-1: [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_]
-3: [_]
Incapacitated: [_]
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Kirameku Namida (Withering Attack 13, Decisive Attack 10, Base Raw Damage 15, Overwhelming 5)

Actions
Rush: 7
Disengage: 7

Evasion 3, Parry 6
Soak/Hardness: 8/0 (Lamellar Armor, +5 Soak, -1 Mobility Penalty)

The pirates were clearly not expecting to have much resistance, and what people were able to stay awake from the effects of the mist should be severely hampered. So when Kasumi slices up the first man, it catches them a bit off guard. jaydude jaydude You are able to hit the man with no extra successes, so go ahead and roll your Withering Damage against the group.

Base Raw Damage is 15 dice. I don't know what Soak is, so go ahead and ignore dice as you please.

The shock of the sudden attack stuns the pirates in that first group, and they are starting to realize that this will not be the simple cake walk that they were expecting. You did 4i damage to them, gaining 5i for your own initiative totals.

Psychie Psychie and Random Word Random Word are up next.

8 - [Kasumi]
6 - Pirates 2-6
5 - Melati <====
5 - Moretta (7SM) <====
4 - Enathia
4 - Pirates 7-12
2 - Pirates 2-6

Round 2
13 - Kasumi

Still trying to build up enough energy to unleash a spell, Moretta continues to gather her Sorcerous Motes in order to take part in the defense of the ship.

5 more SM gathered for a total of 12 (just what I needed for Flight of the Brilliant Raptor), so can I go ahead and unleash my spell, or do I have to wait for the next round to release it?
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]

Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 / 26
Committed: 10

Join Battle: 5 + 3i
Evasion: 5
Parry: 3
Guile: 3
Resolve: 3

Virtuous Guardian of Flame
Parry: 6
Perception: 10
Soak: 7
Hardness: 2
Health Levels
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ] -0

Soak: 2
Virtuous Guardian of Flame: 2
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 9

Elemental Bolt Attack
Accuracy: +5 Close; +4 Short; +3 Medium; −0 Long; −2 Extreme;
Damage: 10 + Essence (doesn’t add Strength); Overwhelming: (Essence + 1)

Flight of the Brilliant Raptor does my initiative plus my current temporary Willpower, for a total of 12 dice of Decisive damage to group 7-12. It then resets my initiative to 3. Rolling now.

4L damage, and as long as the raptor deals 3+ levels of damage to its target, it ignites a bonfire (p. 230) that engulfs him and all terrain within short range of him, and burns until the end of the scene.

Since the second group of pirates had not had the chance to move onto the Waverunner, the flaming bird explodes on their ship, engulfing all six of them in the flames as the fire begins to spread across the deck of the pirate vessel. All six are badly wounded, and unless they can get the fire on them put out now, they will surely burn to death. (They are all down to their last health level. One more hit puts them into Incapacitated.)

Random Word Random Word is up

8 - [Kasumi]
6 - Pirates 2-6
5 - Melati <====
5 - [Moretta (7SM)]
4 - Enathia
4 - Pirates 7-12 -4L
2 - Pirates 2-6

Round 2
13 - Kasumi
3 - Moretta

Unused to the swaying of the ship on the high seas, Melati had felt queasy more than once during their voyage, but this was more than she could stomach. The sickly sweet stench of roasting human flesh, the screams of the burning, the sight of the blood pouring from what's left of that man's face - and is that his tongue? - oh, Dragons, don't think about that. Her gorge rising and tears welling in her eyes she retreats back into the safety of the hold and its cocoon of blessed ignorance. She's abandoning her protectors against an enemy who would do no less to them given half a chance, but what can she contribute if she's being realistic? If this is what it takes to defend the Realm, she doesn't think she's up to the task.

Defend me, she implores Kemuning in her thoughts, concentrating on her antipathy towards the pirates. Once she understands that any human with a new scent is okay to eat, Kemuning is more than happy to oblige. She dives, a great and terrible shadow plummeting from above, jaws wide and filled with glistening adder fangs, snatching pirates out of the air as they leap across, tossing them playfully into the air as she ascends, catching them again with a sickening crunch at the apex, then twirling in midair and diving to snatch the next.

Attack (Beak): 9 dice (Damage 18, minimum 6; Piercing)

7 hits beats DV 3 by 4. 22 damage with Piercing to negate 4 soak. 13 Lethal. Probably at least one point of Size off.

Which group were you targeting? The one on fire, or the one missing a face?

Kemuning's huge mouth reaches down and snatches up one of the pirates with ease, gulping him down in one giant bite.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai is up with Enathia

8 - [Kasumi]
6 - Pirates 2-6
5 - [Melati]
5 - [Moretta (7SM)]
4 - Enathia <====
4 - Pirates 7-12 -4L
2 - Pirates 3-6

Round 2
13 - Kasumi
5 - Melati
3 - Moretta

Enathia wastes no time joining the fight. She whirls Dragon's Tooth around her like a maelstrom of jade, tipping her hat to her prowess. Laser-focused on the group of pirates ahead, she dashes forward, gritting her teeth, heart racing, feeling alive. This is what she lives for. Where she belongs. Everything falls away and she slips into tunnel vision.

Her lance still whirling about her, she crashes into the pirates head first...

[Withering attack against pirates 3-6. Dex + Martial Arts + spear specialty: 12 dice. Spending 3m on Stoking Bonfire Style for 3 more dice. 15 dice. Should have been 15 dice with my spear, changing above. 11 successes + 14 spear damage + 5 strength - 5 soak = 25 damage dice. 10 initiative damage + 1 initiative for my success.]

Last edited:
The DV of the pirates is a 3, and they have 5 soak. Go ahead and roll your dice.

The set of pirates that are on fire are a bit distracted by trying not to die of horrible burns. They are running around in panic, trying to find some way to put out the flames on them and the ship before the fire spreads even more and consumes everything.

Pirates 3-6 have been scattered by Enathia's attack, stumbling about in fear and confusion. The pirates were obviously not expecting to find so many still awake despite the effects of the mist, let alone so many Exalts in one place. Shout 'boo' at them, and you can probably get them to surrender.

Starting round 2, everyone gets 5m of Essence back.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai is up with Enathia

Round 2
15 - Enathia <====
13 - Kasumi
5 - Melati
4 - Pirates 7-12 -4L
3 - Moretta
crashed - Pirates 3-6

Enathia whips her lance around in a show or martial expertise. She ends pointing at the pirates, her weapon behind her back, poised the strike. Her firey red articulated plate glistens in the light of the flames. Her eyes are wild with battle.

“Lay down your weapons!” she commands. “And we may let you lI’ve!”

[Attempting a threaten action. I’m thinking Charisma + Presence. 4 dice. Taking a 1-point stunt. 6 dice. 2 successes. Two more dice added. still 2 successes.]

Last edited:
You can go ahead and add two more dice to your roll due to the violent actions taken against them by the group.

The four pirates in front of you trade a look as the can see several of their comrades being burned to death in the flames behind them and the sheer numbers of Exalted in front of them. One says, "I - I don't think we picked a good target this time, boys." With that, he drops his cudgel and raises up his hands. "If that damn mist had done its job and knocked you all out like it was supposed to, this would be a very different conversation."

One by one, the four drop their arms and surrender. The pirates that Moretta lit on fire are not doing too well in their efforts to fight the fire on them and their ship, and most of them have succumbed to the flames. Other crew members on the pirate ship are fully focused on trying to keep the fire from totally engulfing their ship, but it is not going well. If you want to try and save their vessel and keep the fire from spreading to the Waverunner, it will take a quick response. Or you can simply cut the grapple lines that are holding the two ships together and let the pirate vessel burn.

Either way, the fight has gone out of the pirates.

Moretta moves forward quickly, kicking the weapons away from the surrendered pirates as she orders them to lie down. "You move, I'll have your heads! So keep still!" She then turns to her two Red Monks and says, "Find what is causing this mist and bring it to me! Now go! Quickly!"

Kasumi cleaned the blood off her blade before re-sheathing it, all while giving the now cowed pirates a disdainful look. "You had the grave misfortune of attacking a ship of the Realm, and one carrying Dynasts, no less. This will no doubt haunt you when the time comes for you to be reincarnated."

She turned to her fellow Dynasts, speaking in High Realm so that the pirates wouldn't be able to understand her. "We may yet save this ship. I say we try and extinguish the fire, then tow the vessel to Wavecrest. There may be cargo of some value within the hold, and if nothing else, the ship and crew should make for fair trophies when we reach our destination."

Personal Essence: 13/13
Peripheral Essence: 23/33
Anima

Committed Essence: 5

Join Battle: 5 dice (5 successes for 5m through Breath and Essence Control)
Health Levels:
-0: [_]
-1: [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_], [_]
-3: [_]
Incapacitated: [_]
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Kirameku Namida (Withering Attack 13, Decisive Attack 10, Base Raw Damage 15, Overwhelming 5)

Actions
Rush: 7
Disengage: 7

Evasion 3, Parry 6
Soak/Hardness: 8/0 (Lamellar Armor, +5 Soak, -1 Mobility Penalty)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back