• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Wedding Bells - Exalted 3e OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And while Melati is her confidant, I can be the scary disciplinarian, keeping her in line. Supposedly, lol

So I'm still in the process of selecting all my Charms. Anyone here have any advice on what to pick in general? I've already taken Ox-Body twice, and I'm currently planning on having my character's main unique noncombat skills be Investigation and Sail (Random/Melati seems to be handling Bureaucracy, and I don't know how much need there'll be for Larceny in this game).

I still haven't heard from Enmyira Enmyira , so I'm hoping that everything is ok with her. As it is, I still hope/plan on getting started on Monday.

Oh, jaydude jaydude something I noticed on your sheet is that you only have the Health Levels listed for one purchase of Ox-Body Technique and not two. You don't want to short yourself.

So I'm still in the process of selecting all my Charms. Anyone here have any advice on what to pick in general? I've already taken Ox-Body twice, and I'm currently planning on having my character's main unique noncombat skills be Investigation and Sail (Random/Melati seems to be handling Bureaucracy, and I don't know how much need there'll be for Larceny in this game).
Being able to reach out at range and hit an opponent is sometimes critical. I'd suggest the two Lore Charms of Elemental Concentration Trance and Elemental Bolt Attack. That gives a ranged shot for you at the cost of only 4 motes.

It's a nifty ability. I don't have an excessive investment in it yet, but flame breath will be Guro's most iconic attack for what I have in mind.

Other than that, he's mostly just durable muscle with some life skills from both Pasiap's Stair and growing up in the Scavenger Lands.

It's a nifty ability. I don't have an excessive investment in it yet, but flame breath will be Guro's most iconic attack for what I have in mind.
Just make sure you keep a good supply of hot chili peppers on hand to make it possible to fire off the flame breath. lol

Haven't you seen Looney Tunes? They eat a pepper, then flames shoot out of their mouth!

Being able to reach out at range and hit an opponent is sometimes critical. I'd suggest the two Lore Charms of Elemental Concentration Trance and Elemental Bolt Attack. That gives a ranged shot for you at the cost of only 4 motes.
This does make sense, but after looking through the book again, I'm thinking about instead getting the Brawl Charms Water Dragon's Coils and Currents Sweep to Sea, seeing as I've already spent my 28 ability points, and Brawl's an Aspect Ability for Kasumi. I'd have a ranged move of sorts - albeit a gambit, and dragging opponents over to me instead of outright striking them - and if worst comes to worst, my weapon has an Evocation further down the line that'll allow me to make Melee attacks at Short Range.

In the end I went with Psychie Psychie 's suggestion of choosing Elemental Bolt Attack. I felt the necessary Ability adjustment was more befitting of my original vision for Kasumi; a highly-skilled and at least somewhat sophisticated swordswoman.

Anyone wanna work on shared backstories while our ST is enjoying the great outdoors?

I still need to nail down specifics on Guro's story, but with what I have now here's the highlights.
  • Street urchin who worked fields and sold produce prior to Exalting in his late teens. Had an older brother who abandoned him to feed his own drug habit, has not seen him since.
  • Injured prior to Exaltation leaving his face disfigured, has undergone treatments to look normal but has grown comfortable with wearing masks or helms regularly, much of his stipend has been spent to pay for said treatments leaving him effectively at Resource 2. He's somewhat indifferent about the disfigurement but follows through on the insistence of the Matriarch.
  • Dislikes excessive displays of deference from others, makes him uncomfortable as a consequence from never expecting this lifestyle. On that note, he's still adjusting to the social aspect of being Exalted. Still trying to find where he fits in the new world he finds himself in.
Edit: I also want to say, Random Word Random Word 20 years is the highest threshold for avoiding scandal between children, as in if it takes longer than 20 years the parents are under increased pressure to produce another child. From what I see in the text it's 12-20 years for "progenitive essence" to peak. So my base assumption is an average of 15 years. That said, I hate the progenitive essence concept as everything about "blood" in this splat has been watered down to the point of being nearly a joke in my eyes for this edition. Though that's my personal perspective and values coloring my take away from the text.

Oh, oops, I must have skimmed and the 20 year number stuck in my head as the optimal point.

Progenitive Essence is there to explain why female Dragonblooded aren't just constantly being asked to conceive to raise the Exalted population. That and why everyone doesn't just non-stop summon Neomah/use other Sorcerous means to augment natural birth even further.

Anyone wanna work on shared backstories while our ST is enjoying the great outdoors?

I still need to nail down specifics on Guro's story, but with what I have now here's the highlights.
  • Street urchin who worked fields and sold produce prior to Exalting in his late teens. Had an older brother who abandoned him to feed his own drug habit, has not seen him since.
  • Injured prior to Exaltation leaving his face disfigured, has undergone treatments to look normal but has grown comfortable with wearing masks or helms regularly, much of his stipend has been spent to pay for said treatments leaving him effectively at Resource 2. He's somewhat indifferent about the disfigurement but follows through on the insistence of the Matriarch.
  • Dislikes excessive displays of deference from others, makes him uncomfortable as a consequence from never expecting this lifestyle. On that note, he's still adjusting to the social aspect of being Exalted. Still trying to find where he fits in the new world he finds himself in.
Edit: I also want to say, Random Word Random Word 20 years is the highest threshold for avoiding scandal between children, as in if it takes longer than 20 years the parents are under increased pressure to produce another child. From what I see in the text it's 12-20 years for "progenitive essence" to peak. So my base assumption is an average of 15 years. That said, I hate the progenitive essence concept as everything about "blood" in this splat has been watered down to the point of being nearly a joke in my eyes for this edition. Though that's my personal perspective and values coloring my take away from the text.
Yeah, I'd be down for some shared backstory. It might help me. My character is feeling very uninspired and paper-thin right now. Maybe this will kick her in the pants.

I was thinking she was born and raised to join the Cathak military machine. And that's just what she did. I'm thinking she's been a fantastic warrior and a budding field commander. That's really as far as I've made it.

I have returned from my camping trip a bit earlier than expected, and once I have gotten caught up on my posts, I will leap into this and answer any questions that you guys may have for me.

Yeah, I'd be down for some shared backstory. It might help me. My character is feeling very uninspired and paper-thin right now. Maybe this will kick her in the pants.

I was thinking she was born and raised to join the Cathak military machine. And that's just what she did. I'm thinking she's been a fantastic warrior and a budding field commander. That's really as far as I've made it.
Any thoughts on what gives Enathia an interest in V'Neef affairs?

A few ideas come to mind.

You could be good friends with one of the others, and knowing that this treaty is important to him/her, you agreed to go along and act as a chaperone and bodyguard.

Some elder Exalt in House Cathak could have sent you along on this to gain favor with House V'neef.

A fact that is going to be revealed in the story is that a rich vein of jade has been found in the Wavecrest islands, and while V'neef is set to be the one to capitalize on this, House Cathak is always interested in trying to fatten up their own wallets. Having a Exalt from Cathak there to make sure that the wedding takes place and everyone gets their 'fair' share of the impending financial windfall is an easy thing to see.

You could also just be on vacation, taking some time away from the legions of your House to relax, and any credit to you making sure that this treaty is signed can't be a bad thing, since it does help the Realm as a whole.

You could be on the hunt for a legendary artifact that you have reason to think is going to be located in Wavecrest, but you don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon, so you are traveling with the wedding party to maintain a cover for why you are going there until you locate exactly where the item is that you seek.

A few ideas come to mind.

You could be good friends with one of the others, and knowing that this treaty is important to him/her, you agreed to go along and act as a chaperone and bodyguard.

Some elder Exalt in House Cathak could have sent you along on this to gain favor with House V'neef.

A fact that is going to be revealed in the story is that a rich vein of jade has been found in the Wavecrest islands, and while V'neef is set to be the one to capitalize on this, House Cathak is always interested in trying to fatten up their own wallets. Having a Exalt from Cathak there to make sure that the wedding takes place and everyone gets their 'fair' share of the impending financial windfall is an easy thing to see.

You could also just be on vacation, taking some time away from the legions of your House to relax, and any credit to you making sure that this treaty is signed can't be a bad thing, since it does help the Realm as a whole.

You could be on the hunt for a legendary artifact that you have reason to think is going to be located in Wavecrest, but you don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon, so you are traveling with the wedding party to maintain a cover for why you are going there until you locate exactly where the item is that you seek.
Ooooh. There's some good ones in there. Can I do the last one? That might be really fun.

Sure. We would just need to decide what kind of artifact you are searching for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back