• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Website Live Updates?

Zubyn

When I first began using this website, things like conversations and posts in forums would show up new without me having to refresh the page. Now, I notice it doesn't update in real-time and I have to refresh the page. Is this something I can fix in my settings, or is it an issue with my browser? The little red (1) that shows over the tab also isn't showing anymore.

It's not something we have changed, and I don't think it's in settings. It may be with your browser, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe check to see if your browser needs updating? I'm running Chrome on my PC and it still does the numbers on the tabs and updates my alerts.

There are notification settings available on the site but these just allow you to select what you want to be notified about. I use Google Chrome, so it's all in the browser settings for me. I allow notifications from the site and I use the push notification.

Alright, then. I'll try reinstalling my browser to see if that helps. I have all of my notification settings enabled, but I'm not getting any of that stuff to pop up. I did have to reinstall stuff lately due to PC issues, so maybe it had something to do with that.

I think I fixed it. The forums still don't update in real-time like it used to, but the notifications have returned to normal. Reinstalling it did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back