• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Website has been unusually slow lately

Necessity4Fun

I'll keep trying, even if I'm not good enough...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I didn't know what to put as a prefix since this is more of a report than anything? But for the last 5 or 4 days this website has been a lot heavier for me. Pages are taking longer to read, if they read at all. The website had been timing out more frequently and it's been a nuisance to navigate or do anything.
It seems to come in surges from impossible to use speeds, to slightly better ones and then soon back to being super heavy.

I used to be able to keep up to 5 tabs of RPN open at the same time with no to minimum lag, now it's frustrating to try and manage 2 or 3 because they're so slow.

Any idea of what could be going on? And anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited:
Can you run a ping and/or tracert?

I have no idea of what any of that means ^^'

Uhh, can you explain it to me?
I can only explain for Windows. You'd need to run a Command Prompt. In the CMD you'd simply type 'ping rpnation.com' (no '' marks, only the text). It will ping the server from your location and give a reply time for the connection.

A tracert also would be used in the Command Prompt, but with the command 'tracert rpnation.com' (again, no '' only the text) which basically checks the server hops from your location to the site to see if a hop is slow or dead.

I can only explain for Windows. You'd need to run a Command Prompt. In the CMD you'd simply type 'ping rpnation.com' (no '' marks, only the text). It will ping the server from your location and give a reply time for the connection.

A tracert also would be used in the Command Prompt, but with the command 'tracert rpnation.com' (again, no '' only the text) which basically checks the server hops from your location to the site to see if a hop is slow or dead.
Okay! It seems to be back to normal for now (For the last 30 or so minutes so far) so, I'll see if it stays like that or not

If it starts slowing down to a crawling halt again I'll do those right away OWO7
I'll update this to keep you informed~

Thanks for the info o/

Update: Website got slow again, I even had trouble coming back to this thread from the homepage... Took me more a couple tries to actually be able to attach the screenshots and the message preview did not want to show at all. In total I've spent about 30 minutes trying to send this message properly : /
(It also posted without showing me it had done so, requiring me to spend more time refreshing the page again to check... >~< So slow.)

I ran the prompts as indicated, they're in Portuguese though, so I'mma go the extra mile to try to translate below anything I find important to make it easier on you Fable Fable

Captura de tela 2018-10-07 16.06.29.png

Ping statistics for 96.47.229.53:
Packages: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% of loss),
Aproximate an even number of times in milisseconds:
Minimum = 271ms, Maximum = 279ms, Medium = 275ms

Captura de tela 2018-10-07 16.08.44.png

Tracing route to rpnation.com [96.47.229.53] with the max of 30 jumps (?):

11 * * * Request limit timed-out

Last edited:
And now it's back to normal again, I swear to god >o<

Have you tested your internet speed as well? It appears around hop 6 the time increases from hop to hop. It might be something going on around that specific hop causing issues or something as small as your connection fluctuating.

Have you tested your internet speed as well? It appears around hop 6 the time increases from hop to hop. It might be something going on around that specific hop causing issues or something as small as your connection fluctuating.
Uhhh, again, how do I do things?

I'm a total noob to these stuff ^^'

Edit: Internet seems normal tho? RPN is the only website giving me any trouble...

Uhhh, again, how do I do things?

I'm a total noob to these stuff ^^'
Lol, you can just go to google.com and type speed test and run the one they have. ;3

Lol, you can just go to google.com and type speed test and run the one they have. ;3
7698822871.png

This is what I've got

The server is currently in Florida, it seems like an ISP somewhere in one of the Hops (since you go through the network of different ISPs to reach a site) is having issues. Nothing to actually be done but just wait.
Ah... That's a bit unfortunate, oh well~

Then waiting game it is ^^'

Update: I have been using the website constantly again, don't seem to be having any more loading problems, so I guess it has stabilized by now.
Thus, you may set this as solved! (Turns out I can't do that myself XD)

Update: I have been using the website constantly again, don't seem to be having any more loading problems, so I guess it has stabilized by now.
Thus, you may set this as solved! (Turns out I can't do that myself XD)

No problem, glad it is all working out for you :)!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back