• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

We Wretched Children of the Abyss || D&D 5e Good Campaign || OPEN!

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
We Wretched Children of the Abyss
  • 1st of Vol, 1308 A.B

Your Eternal Highness,

We keep finding them, in droves mind you. Cults gathered everywhere from the smallest of villages, the center of cities, even caves in the vast wilderness of Majula with reports having been received that they dwell within Elurra as well. Damn that accursed wench in Artorus! The dungeon is almost full, bursting at the seams more like which means we must begin execution, I’m certain that scholar of yours has found some possible way to keep the undead from returning.

In other news, proper criminals have been imprisoned alongside them, and because of their trial, we are unfortunately unable to dispose of them in a similar manner which means we need to the room should we keep our keep running orderly and efficiently.

Urbain guide thee,

Captain Yule Thine​

Plot Information
    The world I set before you goes by the name of Etaria. Created by the gods who reside in Solus, the heavenly realm, it was as perfect as a society teaming with various cultures and races could until The Betrayal. Sirris, Urbain the heavenly king's wife as well as the goddess of Matrimony and Fertility had conceived and born a child of mortal blood. Her godly children, Voluna of the moon and Inrus of the sun quickly cast her into the previously uninhabited fourth level of Artorus or more commonly known as the abyss to forever remained imprisoned before their father, Urbain, could come to know about the supposed betrayal. She was overcome with anger and grief, threatening to do something drastic until a mortal took an interest in her. He still worshiped her regardless of her current position. This calmed her greatly as Sirris thought it was only right not to portray herself as how most mortals saw her. And so she took hold of the man's soul, taking it into her possession. He was forced into a state of undeath, looking hollow of all life. A waking skeleton shroud in skin. But in return, power was given to him. A natural talent for the arcane arts that rivaled all known sorceries or divine miracles.

He was the first Child of the Abyss.

Soon spreading his joy, many others who were curious or in despair took up the ritual that had been created, giving their soul to the fallen goddess in return for guidance, power, and a place by her side. Yet as these Children and undead grew in number and spread, worry was infectious among the many royal courts. They were immortal and potentially powerful with no known way to rid of them permanently. And so all undead were cast to the very bottom of the social latter no heed for race or class before their hollowing and an issue for all found to be immediately arrested.

That as many years ago. Now it 1308 A.B (After Betrayal) and you are now rotting in a dungeon. Whether mortal or otherwise, you have been given a life sentence, others for all eternity. Yet unlike how grave the situation currently appears, whispers have been floating about. That some have been in contact with her royal highness, the queen of the abyss herself. Yes some claim she is in fact merciful, but those claims can hardly be truthful.

Soon the minutes turn to ours after your arrival, and despite the lack of physical activity, the mental exhaustion of the situation has soon caused you to be rather fatigued. Willingly or not, you soon drift off to sleep, it being your only escape from your cell it seems. Until something strange encompasses you. Awfully so. Despite how you try to ignore it, it tugs and pulls on every fiber of your being, forcing you to finally open your eyes. You would be greeted with the majestic sight of a grand hall fit for royalty. The walls and floor made of the purest, darkest obsidian as for the monstrous stained glass windows a pure white in contrast. A voice would then sound behind you. Firm and gentle all at the same time. "I'm happy to see that you have awoken." Surprised you turn and stand, a throne with a woman sitting upon it before you. She was leaned back and appeared to be middle aged, dark hair spilling off her shoulders as violet eyes examined you carefully. "But I'm curious... do you know who I am?"

Experience: 1.7
Timezone: CST
Availability: Weekdays (M-F): not preferred, due to work schedule. Weekends: all day.
Discord Username: NemoTheSurvivor0765
Link to Sheet: https://orcpub2.com/pages/dnd/5e/characters/17592224604685
Other: For the life of me, I can't find the starting level. I thought I saw it when I was on desktop, but I can't seem to find it on mobile. I'll have to double check when I have access to a desktop this evening.

Last edited:
All characters should be scaled to level 5.
Experience: 1.7
Timezone: CST
Availability: Weekdays (M-F): not preferred, due to work schedule. Weekends: all day.
Discord Username: NemoTheSurvivor
Link to Sheet: WIP. Tentative Varient Human Druid
Other: For the life of me, I can't find the starting level. I thought I saw it when I was on desktop, but I can't seem to find it on mobile. I'll have to double check when I have access to a desktop this evening.
Would you mind adding the numbers to the back of your discord username so I can PM you the link for the server? ^^

Experience: 1.5 (I'm feeling a bit more confident with D&D uwu)
Timezone: PST
Availability: Best time is weekend evenings.
Discord Username: TripTripleTimes#7863
Link to Sheet: Valeth Celetaryl
Other: hiiiii!

Last edited:
Experience: 2
Timezone: PST
Availability: weekends 6-8 usually Sat
Discord Username: Aenon#6704
Link to Sheet: (would it be possible for me to make a pdf and send it to you? don't like this system. its broken and unfair in some ways.)
Other: i usually will be on for an hour and a half

I do hope there is still.. Well... Hope to join, I shall admit I have been quite strapped for games lately and quite bored. >.<

Experience: 3, modesty would make me put 2 but years of rummaging around in books of edition after edition of 3, 3.5, pf to 5th ed say otherwise, I'm no mastermind mind you. I have an ingrained hatred of giants mind to rival any dwarf I shall say now.
Timezone: Est, Canada, Southern Ontario to be specific.
Availability: Looking at my future I'm available during the weekends, the week is a trickier beast but as long as I am not called in for work i am available Monday, Wednesday evening, Thursday and friday.
Discord Username: Orikanyo#0239
Link to Sheet: if there is space available I shall be looking to the party to see what we have currently. I'm quite martially inclined in my choices, but the occasional wizard or cleric are more than interesting to run.
Other: I find it interesting the way the story goes here, it spins undead to be less of a curse or a big evil magic and kind of like a gift from the goddess... if it didn't seem like the first one made was more like a "I wonder what happens if I do this" type of act. But hey, gotta learn how to do things somehow eh? Especially when your siblings are jerks.

I do hope there is still.. Well... Hope to join, I shall admit I have been quite strapped for games lately and quite bored. >.<

Experience: 3, modesty would make me put 2 but years of rummaging around in books of edition after edition of 3, 3.5, pf to 5th ed say otherwise, I'm no mastermind mind you. I have an ingrained hatred of giants mind to rival any dwarf I shall say now.
Timezone: Est, Canada, Southern Ontario to be specific.
Availability: Looking at my future I'm available during the weekends, the week is a trickier beast but as long as I am not called in for work i am available Monday, Wednesday evening, Thursday and friday.
Discord Username: Orikanyo#0239
Link to Sheet: if there is space available I shall be looking to the party to see what we have currently. I'm quite martially inclined in my choices, but the occasional wizard or cleric are more than interesting to run.
Other: I find it interesting the way the story goes here, it spins undead to be less of a curse or a big evil magic and kind of like a gift from the goddess... if it didn't seem like the first one made was more like a "I wonder what happens if I do this" type of act. But hey, gotta learn how to do things somehow eh? Especially when your siblings are jerks.
Please check your discord! ^^

Experience: 2Ish
Timezone:
Est
Availability: weekends or Weekdays other than Friday and Monday, any time after 7
Discord Username: Purplepanda288#9357
Link to Sheet: I do need some help with orcpub and deciding what class I should be
Other:

Experience: 2Ish
Timezone:
Est
Availability: weekends or Weekdays other than Friday and Monday, any time after 7
Discord Username: Purplepanda288#9357
Link to Sheet: I do need some help with orcpub and deciding what class I should be
Other:
Check your discord please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back