News We Want All The Quotes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Quotes are great. They can be witty, share great wisdom, and may even connect with you somewhere in your life. We're looking for some quotes to include in the November Newsletter~

Share your favorite quotes (with credit if you know it or can google it) and it might turn up in the Newsletter!

"Edison’s electric light did not come about from the continuous improvement of the candle…"-Oren Harari

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." Douglas Adams

"*knives*" - Daisie Daisie

Edit: In all seriousness, probably "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.". The place I saw it credited it to John Wayne, but I don't know how credible that is.

"Don't promise when you're happy, don't reply when you're angry, and don't decide when you're sad."
- Unknown

(Tell me if any of you find for certain who the credit goes to)

Oooh, boy, I have so many quotes that I love. I live for stuff like this.

"Today’s proverb: Step 1: Separate your lips. Step 2: Use facial muscles to pull back corners of mouth. Step 3: Widen your eyes. This is how to be happy."
- Welcome to Night Vale, episode 19b

"My own mother thought I was a monster. She was right, of course, but it still hurt."
- Azula, Avatar: The Last Airbender

"Your existence is not impossible. But it is also not very likely." - Cecil Palmer, Welcome to Night Vale

"Knowledge is power, power is energy, energy is matter, matter is mass, and mass changes time and space." - Terry Pratchett

I think I've dumped enough on you now (^_^)" Looking forward to the newsletter!

"If you chosee not to decide, you still have made a choice." Neil Peart

"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." Ayn Rand

I got some more!!! :D

"It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality." -Anne Frank
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade - it cuts the hand that uses it" -Rabindranath Tagore
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler" -Albert Einstein

I daily go by the 'Do to others what you would like they did to you' principle. It's something I've heard from my parents in various occasions as I grew up and it stuck with me.

So, I threw that in the internet aaaand it seems to be a quote from the Bible! Huh...

Actual quote goes something like this:
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12

At least, according to this website -> Bible hub.com
Also seems to appear on Luke 6:31 in the 'Love your Enemies' portion -> Link

That was interesting :3

Last edited:
"Of course you can quote me on that, I just said it."

-Tony Stark

"And there's this beeaauutiful message in the emoji movie, and that is...
go buy as many tickets to the emoji movie as you possibly can."

-jacksfilms

"The..."

-Anyone who ever spoke English

"Jesus wept" (also probably my yearbook quote)

-John 11:35

"'name a species that has a big migration rate depending on the time of the year.' Me: Floridians!"

-Myself

Last edited:
“I have many problems in my life but my lips don’t know that.
They just smile.” - Charlie Chaplin

"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

- Confucius

I have one I wrote a long time ago, crediting myself, during a particularly bad part of my life.

"You'll see a lot of faces. Faces with opinions, faces with anger. Sometimes, the face of the monster will stare you in the eye, testing everything you are."

It's a bit vague, but the intention was always to let people relate to it, in some way.

[SIZE= 2] “UNHhhh” - Trixie Mattel and Katya.[/SIZE]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back