• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern We, the Living of Eastwood High | Interest Check

Cassie Lang

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
226c0f5efb4e34d8069b502f49156d14.png

AATA-4.gif

[In Character] [Out of Character] [Character Sheets]
fc90a1ea3ef35d91084aa08b727e2da2.png

We had our whole lives ahead of us.​
We partied and we drank. We drooled over the hotties and shunned the uglies. We worried over what was considered "chic" and "hip" these year, and who we would be taking to prom. We were the students—from the jocks and the pep girls to the geeks and the goths—of Eastwood High, and none of us were prepared for what would come next.​
Something happened. An outbreak of some kind—at least that's what the teachers told us. That the sick were roaming the streets, but we'd be safe in the auditorium until the situation was clear. Boy, were they as wrong as we were.​
It had been a few days since all this started. Let me tell ya, sleeping in that auditorium sucked. You ever eat a bean burrito and wind up gassy as hell? Imagine that, but with the BO of a couple hundred teenagers in the sweltering heat. It was getting to me, and it seemed it got to a few others. Wouldn't be in this situation if it didn't. Some chick—God, what was her name? Katie? The one who purposely tripped poor Lucas at lunch; that one. Made him spill his lunch all over his clothes. Anyway, she must've had enough of anxiously sitting around, since she decided to pop a few in the girl's bathroom. No one knew where she had gone until she took a bite out of some girl's ankle.​
After that... well, all hell broke out. Saw some bloody kid tackle a teacher, and now I'm no science major, but I'm pretty damn certain that no one just gets up after some rabid kid chewed a hole in their neck. Whatever the hell happened to him, however, it started happening to the rest. Kids chomped on teachers, teachers chomped on kids. It was like an all-you-can-eat buffet where everyone had lost their god damned minds.​
The few of us that made it out—at least those that I know that did—wound up taking shelter in the teacher's lounge. We've got coffee and donuts to sustain us, but those won't last long. Sooner or later, we'll have to move.​
And honestly, I can't wait when we do. I don't think I can stomach this school anymore—figuratively and literally.​

b839cf2bd86657df70a3568fff90ca1c.png

DISCLAIMER: Whilst I am "new" to RPNation, I am no stranger to GMing roleplays. That being said, I will try to adjust my style to the norms of this forum as I get a feel on how roleplays are ran here. For those still interested, I hope we'll have a fun time telling a story for the ages.​
What I have in story for this roleplay, We, the Living of Eastwood High, is a mish-mash of various zombie-related settings and concepts. Most of this roleplay, however, will mostly take from The Walking Dead, with everyone being "infected" (though whether or not your character believes they are is up to you) and that the "zombies" are slow and will eventually rot away. With this roleplay taking place in the early days of the apocalypse, though, any zombie the characters will come across will likely be as healthy as they were before turning.​
For characters, I do ask that you think with reason when making one. For instance, while your character might've had an abusive childhood, please avoid being a total edgelord. I'm not a fan of standard apocalyptic tropes (edginess, as already stated, but also tropes such as katana-wielders and what not) and prefer a more "realistic, down-to-earth" approach to these kinds of stories. On another note, while this roleplay is focused on a high school, the cast will solely consist of students. Sorry to anyone who had an interest in playing faculty staff, but my focus is primarily set upon a coming of age scenario in the dawning days of the apocalypse.​
Rules for this roleplay will be rather simple: don't be a dick and flame others or argue (which includes the GM's word being law), write at least two to three detailed paragraphs minimum at least once per week so that we have a steady flow (please do not speed post, however). Follow those rules on top of the already established RPN rules and everyone will have fun.​

7c240860ea36e63b3813ebb72b3efe88.png

A character sheet will be given upon enough interest to continue with an OOC. Accepted applications will not be "first come, first serve", but rather chosen by merit on an undisclosed date in the coming future.​

Last edited:
I'd love to participate in something like this. It's kind of like the show Freakish, which is one of my favorite shows.

If I can be a jock who is very....Enthusiastic about killing zombies, I'm in.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'd love to participate in something like this. It's kind of like the show Freakish, which is one of my favorite shows.
Oh hey it's that one Hulu show that Aislinn Paul is in that I watched a bit of. Nice.

Appreciate the interest. If anyone has any potential concepts or questions they'd like to ask about, please do ask.

Appreciate the interest. If anyone has any potential concepts or questions they'd like to ask about, please do ask.
I've been sitting on a queen bee totally nice cheerleader concept for a year or two. Interested in applying it here.

Boarding school in the middle of nowhere? So characters can't just run off to the city. Guess it depends on if you'd rather it be an 'on the run' sorta thing or them focusing on making the school a cool fort. Lots of potential though. Turn the football field into a farm and junk.

Boarding school in the middle of nowhere? So characters can't just run off to the city. Guess it depends on if you'd rather it be an 'on the run' sorta thing or them focusing on making the school a cool fort. Lots of potential though. Turn the football field into a farm and junk.
As long as there's no Ben Paul to ruin our survival chances, our survivability should be perfectly fine, right? I mean, what could go wrong?

What type of photos would you prefer for face claims?
Real life.

Not exactly a boarding school, and not exactly in the middle of nowhere. The teachers were supposed to keep the kids in check and watch over them until the situation was controlled or that they could be evacuated, but as noted, that day never came. I'm more or less swiping what happened to SMHS in Telltale's Walking Dead and using it here.

As for "on the run" or "building up the school", either is an option, but I figured since, well, the characters are teenagers in high school, they might want to see if their families are okay (of course that would mean risking their lives).

I think that we have enough for an OOC, then. It'll probably be up tonight or tomorrow.

Bumping this for anyone still interested. Cut off for applications will be when I have the IC ready to post, which, if things plan out, will be this weekend.

Probably the final bump (or maybe second-to-final) before things get rolling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back