• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We had it all

decadent-rider decadent-rider

Max sat at the house of her ex boyfriend's and gave a heavy sigh sipping her drink quietly. She would have never agreed to come here had she known that his brother would bring her to a house party but yet here she was. She had been out of the dating scene so long she thought what the hell and just take him up on the offer. Plus he hadn't left her alone for a good 3 months and she was tired of his asking. She soon saw her little girl running around happily though with the other children and it brought a smile to her face. Her 5 year old daughter was her entire world and she would do absolutely anything for her.

Pedro stood in his room fixing his tie a bit to make sure he looked good for the red carpet "You picked out a good one babe!" He called smiling wide as she came out from the bathroom wolf whistling at her "Look at you, absolutely gorgeous." He said happily kissing her cheek. He would be lost without her, especially when it came to dressing for special events. If he had it his way he would be in the same t-shirt and pants all the time.

She smiled a little at him but it wasn’t all there, just gently rubbing his chest. “Mmm... wait til I put the dress on.” She murmured tiredly. “It really would help though if you told me about these events longer than three days before.” She told him going to her closet and pulling the dress out for his narcos season 2 Netflix premiere sighing a little. “How long do we have to stay?” She asked him glancing over to see him putting his trousers on now as well and smiled a little as he almost tripped over.

Jon has arrived at his parents place glad to be finally home after the past five years in the big city. He was never a city boy. Not really. So being there he finally felt comfortable again. He’d brought his wife with him despite all their current problems but they were good at putting on the façade for those around them, he took her arm and headed up to the front door in just some jeans and a shirt, ringing the bell and smiled when his mom answered hugging her tightly and letting her fish over him finally being there before she took him into the main living room and called out to everyone he was finally back.

Max frowned some as she heard the commotion from the front room. She walked out and went wide eyed seeing Jon standing there greeting everyone. She took in a deep breath and glared over at his brother as they locked eyes. She knew he knew that her and Jon had not ended on good terms at all. She felt her breath catch her breath though when he looked over and they saw eachother for the first time in five years

Pedro got his trousers out chuckling softly "Sorry babe, don't worry just red carpet and a few drinks okay? Wanna talk with a few friends is all." He said nearly tripping over while he tried to get his pants on. Finally he got them on without any issues and smiled some seeing Carmen walk out in her dress "Gorgeous."

“Mmhmm, I should have a big sign on me that says paid for her own damn dress though.” She muttered frowning as she slipped her shoes on. It had been a long day at work and she just wanted to spend the night on the couch with him especially seeing as he’s only just got home the night before from a play run in LA. “I’m holding you to that time frame.” She murmured, standing up and taking his hands. “You give Edgar his treats?” She asked as they made their way out of their apartment.

Jon smiled seeing who all they’d invited but as his eyes locked with Max’s for a moment he felt his stomach drop, sighing heavily before looking around the room some more. He should have known his brother would swoop in and make a move at some point but it didn’t mean it felt any better. He went to get a beer from the kitchen after and let Jen help his mom for a bit while he went back out to max and walked straight to the back yard, seeing she followed. “What are you doing here?” He asked gently.

Pedro gave a small sigh and nodded softly kissing her cheek gently "I promise babe we won't be there too long." He said stroking her cheek gently before he got his shoes on and made his way to the car with her

Max quickly made her way outside to get some fresh air. She frowned and tensed as she heard his voice turning to look at him "Your brother doesn't know when to leave someone alone....been asking me out for 3 months and I finally gave in...didn't know he would bring me to your welcome home party." She muttered shaking her head a bit

He frowned but nodded. “I can talk to him if you want.... how have you been?” He asked her as if the last time he saw her hadn’t ended in him slamming the front door and driving away with his middle finger out the window because of the argument they’d had over him leaving.

Carmen nodded and got in on her side, watching the road ahead while he drove. “You need to follow up on your phone calls.” She pointed out. “Does Ernie know about all this?” She chuckled meaning his agent after she saw all the missed calls and unread texts come up. “Is this why you never answered my calls while you were away?” She asked him tiredly, leaning back and running a hand through her hair. She hated these public events. She’d always enjoyed their life being private. They’d met when he moved to New York and had been a bartender, working at the same bar as him and they’d hit it off... that had been some ten years ago now and she still had no ring on her finger and no kids and they didn’t even own their apartment.

Max frowned and him shaking her head some "I've been fine." She muttered taking a deep breath watching him some "Saw you on Walking dead...you did a good job." She murmured frowning more when she heard his brother enter loudly. The tension between the two of them could be cut with a knife and she wanted out of it "I need to go." She muttered before walking away

Pedro gave a small smile as he watched her here and there. He was completely content with their lives as of right now. He didn't think anything needed to really change between them. Though he had noticed that Carmen seemed a bit off as of late, he wondered if everything was okay. He chuckled as she asked him about the calls "No thats not it, sometimes its hard to figure this out! And the texts if they text me I call them instead! I just haven't cleared it out."

She shook her head and picked his phone up, going through it and sorting things out to fix it for him. “So my sister just told me she’s pregnant... baby number three on the way.” She mumbled sadly and stared at her hands while he drove, sighing quietly when she saw him squinting at road signs, pushing his glasses down onto his face for him. “I mean... we aren’t getting any younger.” She mumbled while he parked the car.

He frowned some and just nodded at her, going back inside after a little while and going to sit with the kids to see his nieces and nephews, smiling as a little girl came up to him he didn’t know and tugged on his sleeve. ‘I’m grace! Max is my mommy!’ Jon could have let his jaw drop at that statement but he smiled and just nodded at her. “Oh yeah? You got a really cool mommy then.” He smiled and let her chat with him for a bit.

Max frowned some as she got Grace's things together but she couldn't seem to find the littke girl "Grace...Grace where are you?" She called finally finding her in Jon's lap in the kids room. She felt her stomach drop and took in a shaky breath"Grace honey come on we need to go." She said reaching for her some

Pedro frowned some and thanked her as she gave him his glasses "Kids? I don't know...kids are a lot of work." He said softly biting his lip some. He was terrified of being a father, he didn't know if he could actually do it fully. He got out with her and kissed her temple gently "We'll talk more about it after the event okay?"

Carmen frowned watching him. “You said that last time. And when we got home you just pretended the conversation never fucking happened....” she muttered and waited til he parked, slamming the car door shut behind her and walking ahead of him. “What are we doing here pedro?! Ten years of trudging through and with what to show for it?!” She asked him turning around to face him again, swallowing back tears. “Fuck.... I’m going home.” She muttered “go do your job and I’ll see you later.” She chokes out, walking down the street to hail a taxi

Jon smiled and set her down. “She’s as chatty as you used to be.” He chuckled. “Looks just like her mom.” He pointed out and stood up, going back to find his mom in the kitchen while he watched max and the little girl. They were meant to have children together. They’d screeed it all up though and let everything go but he couldn’t help but miss what they had. Especially now him and his wife were barely talking.

Max gave a small nod frowning softly "Yeah she is.." she said softly picking up Grace and walking out with her not wanting to talk with him anymore. She let a few tears fall as she listened to Grace rhe whole way home talk about how much she had fun with everyone. She so badly wanted to tell the little girl that they were her family but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Ever since she had Grace she had lost all contact with her family and all she had was Grace.

Julie looked at her son and smiled some at him "Hey there, you having a good time?" She asked hugging her son tight. She had missed him in his time gone and was so happy to have him home.

Pedro frowned at her outburst and sighed heavily running after her "Carmen please....babe don't do this." He said taking her hand but frowned as she pulled away glaring at him. He looked back at his job and sighed heavily knowing he would have hell to pay if he didn't go "Just the carpet, we'll walk the carpet and leave."

She glared at him as a taxi pulled up. “I’ll see you at home.” She spat, getting in the car and leaving giving the guy her address and staring out the window as it took her home, getting inside and putting her dress away, wiping everything off and sitting down at the kitchen table once she was in her pjs, getting herself a beer and some snacks, watching Edgar and talking to him more the drinker she got until she was passed out at the table snoring loudly with the dog licking her fingers when Pedro finally got home gone midnight.

Jon smiled some down at his mom and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Yeah. Glad to be back.... I’ll have to take you over to the house once our stuff gets here... how’s max been doing?” He asked knowing his mom still bumped into max every so often in town. “What happened to the dad of her kid?”

Julie frowned some at he mentioned Max's child "I don't know, no one does really. She left after you did and we didn't see her for nearly a year and a half. She came back and had the baby with her." She said giving a small shrug "Rumor is she had a one night stand right after you left and she doesn't know the father."

Pedro came home and gave a heavy sigh picking Edgar up and shaking her awake "Carmen....Carmen babe wakr up." He whispered sighimg heavily. He placed Edgar down when he realised she wasnt really waking up. He got her up and carried her to bed letting her lay down.

Edgar soon jumped up to curl up next to her and watched his dad get ready for bed before snuggling in between them happily while carmen continued snoring.
She woke up late the next morning to the smell of eggs bacon and coffee, goraninf at the pounding in her head and wandered out to their tiny kitchen, sitting at the island and watching him at the stove. “I hope you’re only doing eggs for yourself.” She muttered rubbing at her face some.

He nodded a little and went to go see his dad again until it was time for them to go home, driving to their new place and letting them in, carrying their suitcases up to their room and going down to her. “Fresh start... let’s make this count.” He murmured to her.

Pedro frowned some as she came down shakimg his head some "No....I made you some too." He murmured giving a heavy sigh "How did you sleep?" He asked quietly smiling as Edgar followed behind her and sat at her feet

Sophie nodded some giving a small sigh "Yeah fresh start." She said softly kissimg his cheek gently. She was tired and ready for bed. They had been in a rough patch lately with the arguement of children. She was fine being the Aunt of them but she didnt want any of her own and Jon was the complete opposite.

She frowned pouring herself some coffee and topping it up with sugar and almond milk, sitting down with her head in her hands. “Pedge I hate eggs. I always have.” She muttered shaking her head some, turning her phone on and started scrolling through her notifications frowning when she came across an article speculating on their relationship because she hadn’t been there last night. “Fucking bastards.” She spat setting it down and looking up to see him staring at her. “What are we doing here?!” She asked him the same as she had last night frowning some.

Jon sighed heavily and went to lay down with her, pulling her in close to him, kissing the back of her head. “Why don’t we go into town tomorrow... go check everything out?” He murmured.

Sophie nodded softly and started to fall asleep "Sounds good." Shw whispered

Pedro frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "There is oatmeal in the microwave for you...made it just how you like it." He murmured staring at her when she yelled at him "We're living happily together?" He said confused some "Carmen whats wrong? You've been so upset recently. Tell me whats going on. Is it about the baby remark? If you want a kid that bad then we can start trying, okay?" He said softly as he sat across from her. All he wanted was her happieness.

She bit down hard on her lip and frowned. “We’ve been living together as boyfriend and girlfriend for nine fucking years. Not one time have you ever talked to me about us getting married. Not once have you been the one to bring up kids.... is this what you want? Just this for the rest of your life? I don’t wanna start trying for kids if you’re not really bothered... I want you to want it as well, I got it when we were dirt poor and we couldn’t barely afford rent but we don’t even own our apartment Pedge. I would like to move out of the city I want us to start to settle down and quiet away from all the madness.... I can’t... I can’t keep doing this with us barely hanging in the balance.” She whimpered burying her face in her hands, relaxing ever so slightly when she heard his chair move and felt his arms around her just starting to sob. “And if you don’t think that you can see that future for us then... then it’s time we go our separate ways.” She whimpered a little bit she didn’t make any move to let go of him.

Jon woke up in the early morning and got up to go start unpacking the boxes downstairs that had already arrived, sitting on the floor with just his sweatpants on and sighing heavily, thinking over the events of yesterday. He needed to go and talk to his brother to remind him how awful it was to do that to him but mostly he thought about max. And how she barely looked a day older than she was when he left. How much he missed her and how much he still loved her if he was being honest with himself. He wanted more than anything to turn back time and change everything that happened but he had fallen in love when he moved away and married Sophie and he was happy with her... until she started changing her mind about wanting children.

Pedro listened to her and frowned more moving around and wrapping his arms around her. He gave a heavy sigh and kissed the top of her head gently "I'm so sorry my love, I call you my wife towards nearly everyone as it is..I never thought of a wedding. All I want is your happieness Carmen. If its this that will make you happy then we'll do it. Your happieness is mine." He said softly to her

Sophie came downstairs and wrapped her arms around him frowning softly as she saw him staring at a photo of him and another woman from when he was younger "Who is she?" She asked softly to him kissing his temple gently. She loved Jon, more than anything she did, but she was worried she was loosing him because of her decision on children.

Carmen frowned holding onto him tightly. “I just don’t want us to be stuck here. I’ve waited ten years cause I know you like to take your time with everything but I’m not waiting fifteen.” She mumbled resting her head against his shoulder and burying her face against the side of his neck, holding onto him as tightly as she could. “My head is pounding.” She mumbled tiredly. “I didn’t sleep good at all...” she mumbled. She was hoping behind everything that these weren’t empty promises but she couldn’t ever be completely sure until they came to fruition. She felt him pick her up and slipped her legs around his waist, Clinging to him while he carried her back to bed, not letting him go once they were there and she fell back to sleep.

Jon smiled some and sighed a little, kissing her hand and pulled her in close. “She was my best friend. All the way through kindergarten and elementary and junior high and high school... even went to the same college to stick together... in the end we went our separate ways though... I feel bad for how it ended.” He mumbled. “I wasn’t a nice person to be around at the time.” He muttered quietly. “Found out she’s got a kid now though.” He was rambling a bit at this point and he couldn’t stop it until he saw her hand over the photo. “Right.... lets get going into town. Go get some breakfast.” He murmured kissing her head and getting up to go.

Pedro nodded softly and kissed her temple gently and picked her up taking her to bed "We'll figure it all out Mí Amor, I promise." He whispered as he layed her in bed kissing her cheek gently as he pulled the comforter over her. He went back downstairs and ate his food before he started to clean up the condo.

Max sat at her early morning shift wiping down tables and giving a heavy sigh. She looked over at Grace who sat in a booth near the back coloring contently with her orange juice. She didn't have a baby sitter most days or nights and Max was exhausted at the moment. She had been at the 24 hour diner since 4 a.m. and she didn't get off until 1 p.m.

She finally got up later in the afternoon when she felt him shaking her a little and insisting they take Edgar for a walk so she got up and chucked some clothes on, wrapping her arms around his waist once they were outside and walked with him. “When do you go away next? Is it for Prospect?” She asked him quietly, keeping a hold on him, still feeling a little lost and scared for their relationship but not once did she ever question if she loved him or not. He was her entire world no drought about it.

Jon smiled as he pulled up and got out with Sophie, squeezing her hand a little as they walked, heading towards the diner he used to go to all the time as a kid, heading inside and going to grab a table, glancing over and chuckled a little seeing max there. “Small towns huh?” He commented towards her and glanced over to see her little girl in a back booth smiling at her some.

Pedro kissed her forehead gently as he walked Edgar nodding some "Mhmm I'm excited for it, seems to be a good one " he said smiling as Edgar walked happily along the street "So if we were to move, I'd still like to stay in New York. I know there are a lot of good suburban areas." He said softly

Max frowned softly as she saw Jon walk in and gave a heavy sigh when he sat at her table. She went over and took out her note pad trying to get her energy up "Good Morning, what can I get you to drink?" She asked sweetly

She nodded and squeezed his hand. “I mean.... Cali has better weather but I can compromise to staying in state.” She murmured tiredly to him. “Oh and your fans... I’m probably gonna have to move jobs soon.... someone found out where I work. They keep coming in and telling me they’re massive fans of yours... it’s getting ridiculous.” She muttered as they made their way down to their usual coffee place.

Jon smiled at her. “Coffee. Black please. And some orange juice.” He mumbled looking over at Sophie. “Oh and just a couple pancakes.” He told her quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back