• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic We Don't Belong || RP

oliveeeee-jpg.290138

||status|| Objective:Help Girl || Location: Planet X || Mood: Empathetic||
Mentions/Interactions: Lucille FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Jamie ( DemonKitten DemonKitten ) ||
Oliver Mordecai

Oliver watched the girl on the floor until Lucille returned. After a minute, she came back, but dressed very differently. "I am sorry to have left you here all of a sudden, but I am back now. Unfortunately I do have bad news. We were lied to. This planet has life that is potentially hostile on it, so we will have to tread carefully. I think it will be best if we stick together. You do not need to worry though, we fortunately have a man of military experience with us, and it seems most people are armed. Did anything happen while I was gone?"
She said.

Everything that Lucille said had to sit in for a second. They lied. Of course they did, no wonder dad didn't come along, was he just trying to get rid of me? Oliver thought to himself, attempting to hold back his panic and anger. After thinking over it for a short amount of time, he answered her question and turned around to the girl who just stood up.
"Well she stoop up, I think she is just regaining her composure, she'll be fine." Oliver said as he put his hand on the girl's shoulder. "Don't push yourself, we've been asleep for a long time. Relax for a minute." He consoled her, looking over to Lucille and motioning her to come closer. "My name is Oliver, whats yours?"

As he waited for her reply, he noticed her edged cheekbones and pointed chin, she seems very intelligent. She looked relatively young, not as young as he looked but young nonetheless, and she had short black hair. Her brown eyes seemed preoccupied by all of the chaos that was going on around them, the man that was rushing them didn't seem to help, people were still waking up after all. This whole situation is very stressful, but he was trying his most to keep it together for the others.

Attachments

• oliveeeee.jpg
    oliveeeee.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 46

Lucille Elise Everett

8b4f00834260c1d3838db8fb440041e8.jpg

Feeling :: Focused
Interactions/Mentions :: JustAlexandra JustAlexandra Raku Raku Lunar Lunar DemonKitten DemonKitten Tasteless Tasteless

Lucille smiled as the blue haired girl headed over to the other woman who had escaped her pod, happy that at least some people were making it out, before turning her attention back to Oliver and the girl that had collapsed on the ground. Lucille offered a kind, calm smile to the girl before holding out her hand "I'm glad you are doing better, you gave us a small scare there! My name is Lucille Everett. I know this all seems a tad rushed, but I suggest you change soon, some of the others seem to be in a rush to leave. I found an alcove where you can change in privacy, if you want me to show you." Turning her attention to Oliver, Lucille's smile would take on a mischievous look to it as she noticed his hand on the girls shoulder "This may seem as an odd idea, but perhaps we could work in a buddy system. We are in a foreign environment after all. Oliver, if you would be so kind, you should stay here with her, sort of act as her bodyguard, or even as a way for her to get associated with the others. I will be back, I think I will bring this idea to the others. Just call me over if you need me, I won't be far away."

With that Lucille would briskly walk away, enjoying the feeling of actually talking and smiling again, and the feeling of her muscles working as she crossed back to where the Sargent and the other man stood; tying her hair into a quick bun on her head as she walked, strands already falling out to dangle around her face.
"Sargent, please, I think we need to have a word." Stopping short just in front of the window Lucille inhaled sharply, actually looking out for once. The world was enthralling, from the mysterious jungle in front of them, to the lavender sky adorned with two moons. Though she was inside the ship the sun warmed her skin, making her nostalgic of times long past. She shook her head, focusing herself. "I understand your desire to leave immediately, but we should check and make sure everyone is ready before we push it. I am sure you understand the need to proceed cautiously here, and talking to Oliver and the other girl over there gave me an idea. While I really believe that sticking together as a group best suits us and increases our odds of surviving, we should still pair up in groups of two, as a sort of buddy system. As soon as we gather everyone in one place we should pair off. I know that will leave someone as the odd person out, and I am willing to be that person. Apologies for suddenly bombarding you with all of this, but we must get our affairs in order. After all, as you said, we could very well be the last of humanity."

Callista took the girls hand, smiling at her. She seemed nice and friendly, which made Callista excited. Maybe they would be friends? "I'm Callista. Nice to meet you Gwen. I'm good right now, but I hope I will never have to use your services," she said with a chuckle. Nonetheless she was more than pleased to have a medic with them. She could probably wrap a crappy bandage if she had to but she wasn't confident in that, let alone anything else. "Let me try to catch you up on what you missed," she said. "Unfortunately, apparently there is hostile life on this planet. The sergeant over there told us, and he says if we meet them we must comply with what they say, basically," she frowned. She didn't want to be breaking this news to anyone else. Turning around to the rest of the room. "That's the Sergeant," she pointed at him, and then the boy next to him. "I believe his name is Samuel, I heard him introduce himself to the Sergeant." She turned to Oliver and Lucille was, with the other girl. "That is Oliver, he rescued me from my pod. It was stuck when I woke up. The girl standing is Lucille. She seems really nice and helpful but perhaps a little bossy, I can't tell yet," she said. "Oh, and I don't know the girl whose name is sitting down. She had dead leg or something when she got out of her pod," Callista shrugged. "She seems to be doing okay now."

Callista watched Lucille walk over to the Sergeant and start talking to him, but she couldn't hear what she was saying. She bit her lip, turning back around to Gwen. She really didn't want there to be secrets already, and she hoped there wasn't. Maybe she was misinterpreting the situation? It wasn't really time to start getting paranoid. "The Sergeant wants to leave soon, for whatever reason. I mean, I do too, but I'm worried people will wake up in these pods when we are gone," she frowned. "Plus I don't know if I am in a rush to meet these inhabitants, either."

renagadedoodlr renagadedoodlr
Mentioned: Pretty much everyone I think

Guinevere Garner

rp_character__nikki_valentine_aka_guinevere_garner_by_kharnia-db30vjq.jpg

Feeling :: Suspicious - Anxious
Interactions :: JustAlexandra JustAlexandra FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Lunar Lunar Tasteless Tasteless Raku Raku DemonKitten DemonKitten

Nikki maintained her friendly smile as Callista introduced herself. However, her expression quickly shifted as Callista informed her of their current situation on the planet. The corner of Nikki's mouth twitched slightly, Of course they lied about the hostile environment, lying is what the government seems to do best, doesn't it. She shook her head in an attempt to shrug off the news. Nikki followed along as Callista rattled off the names of the people around them. A Sergeant, Samuel, Oliver, Lu-, Nikki's mind stopped at Lucille, remembering their short interaction from before the long voyage.

Callista's voice brought Nikki back to the present as she informed Nikki of the Sergeant's intentions to leave as soon as possible. A logical move for the moment since no one was sure of how stable the ship was, nor could they stay if they wanted to remain out of the sight of the planet's inhabitants. However, Callista's worries about others waking was legitimate as well. Nikki pondered for a moment,
"I think its best to focus on who's awake now, instead of those who might not wake up, Callista. We've only got each other and I'm not sure how safe the ship is going to stay." She then turned towards everyone and raised her voice to be heard, "If everyone's in good enough shape we should leave, the ship is clearly in bad shape. Don't we run the risk of being caught in any explosions the longer we stay?"

Samuel Paul Anderson
Samuel turned back to face the window. Looking upon the environment, he studied it. What would be useful and what wouldn't be. He was lost in his own train of thought once more. His eyes were rapidly moving as he was watching the environment, almost as if he was waiting for something as well. His thoughts were interrupted once more as a woman had raised her voice. He fully agreed with her. They should move before it was too late. Their best bet was to get away from the ship in case it may draw attention and set up camp somewhere else. " I agree with you fully. We may not run a huge risk of an explosion but we are drawing more attention if we stay in here. Our best bet is to get out with our guards up and set up camp away from the ship" he spoke. His voice echoed down the halls as he spoke. He reattached his wrench to his belt loop and awaited a response.

Callista nodded slightly at what Gwen said. She was probably right. There was no way to know if anyone else would wake up. It might be evil or mean to leave them, but they couldn't waste the lives of those who were 100% here and alive for a few - or none - who might not even make it. She sighed. This was already a lot tougher than she had imagined it would be. She was expecting things more along the lines or scavenging and building, exploring, that sort of thing. Not "we need to leave our shelter so we don't explode".

It seemed that pretty much everyone agreed that now was the time to go, except for maybe Lucille. Callista was a fan of the buddy system, though. "I think we should leave, but partner up first? If we are quick we can still be out of here in a few minutes, and if anyone gets split up they wont be alone. No one wants to be left without the group when we don't even know what this planet is like," she said, imagining herself getting separated. All it would take is something interesting sidetracking her, and pretty much everything was going to be interesting here. Everything was new and different.

(sorry it's short but no one was posting and I don't want the RP to die)

Jaime Reyna Lovella

asian-girl-cutting-hair.gif

Jaime nodded towards Oliver at his words of comfort, but slightly flinched when he touched her shoulder. She hoped he didn't notice as he continued to talk, motioning for Lucille to come over as well. She started to open her mouth in response as he continued to study her, but Lucille had come over rushing her with more words of concern and happiness for her awakening. She continued to suggest that the boy, Oliver, stay with her as a sort of bodyguard. As much as she hated that she looked like she needed one, Jaime knew that Lucille was probably correct as she wasn't very strong or even capable of handling herself in a fight. I have other strengths to contribute, she reassured herself before Lucille sauntered off. She seemed to be much more outgoing than Jaime and she found she was rather envious of how at ease she seemed to be.

Shaking the thoughts from her mind, Jaime turned to Oliver with a smile. "My names Jaime," she informed him. " I am doing much better, so no one needs to be too concerned about me now," she tried to reassure him as well as gain back a few points for seeming capable and not utterly useless.

Jaime listened to everyone talk as she remained next to Oliver. She knew it was awful to leave the other sleeping individuals, but they weren't helping by staying either. As more individuals began to give their two cents, Jaime felt some confidence as her feet itched to get outside.

"I think we should leave too. We aren't helping anyone by staying here. We can always come back once we figure out just what is out there. We could bring food, water, and even medical supplies, but only if we dare to leave. If we stay here, we risk being rabbits in an open field," she informed the others.

Feeling
Ready to go

Interactions
Oliver Lunar Lunar Lucille FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Everyone Everyone else

Guinevere Garner

rp_character__nikki_valentine_aka_guinevere_garner_by_kharnia-db30vjq.jpg

Feeling :: Anxious - Suspicious
Interactions ::

Nikki's face physically contorted at Callista's mention of "the buddy system". She made an attempt to recover a smile from the sheer grimace, but ended up with more of an uncomfortable look. Lucille already had volunteered to be the odd man out which would have been a much more favorable position for Nikki. This unfortunately left her stuck with one of the others as her permanent ride-along.

Stress already started to build in Nikki's stomach, she was definitely more suited for solo travel than Lucille. Sure she wasn't a thoroughbred survivalist and the streets of her city weren't full of foreign threats that could be outside, but Nikki did learn a thing or two when it came to basic survival.
Ugh, who I am kidding, there's no way anyone here would let the supposed medic wandered by themself. Hell, even I think that'd be a stupid move..., Nikki's mind rambled as she slowly became more anxious, Having someone around though is going to make it a lot harder to hide from these people... They're definitely going to start noticing inconsistencies between myself and the real Gwen. What if someone gets sick, or catches a weird new disease?!

Nikki let out a long breath to calm herself. If she was going to be forced to pair up, Callista wasn't so bad, especially since Nikki didn't really know any of the others beside Lucille. Lucille. Nikki remembered their conversation before cryo-sleep. Lucille wasn't really talkative then. If that was consistent with her personality, she'd be the ideal partner for Nikki. Anything personal about her was something that needed to stay a secret. Besides, something in Lucille's eyes were reminiscent of Luna, a comfort that Nikki thought she had lost long ago.

Leo Grey Marble
1665094f95607bde6af081cfeca0b49a.jpg

Feeling :: Confident
Interactions:: FrazzledFox FrazzledFox

His gaze turns toward Lucille, who called him aside privately. He listens to her quietly, raising an eyebrow at certain points. He inhales, ready to address her concerns with leaving. Yet others began before he could, many of the others pitched in their ideas, all consisting of leaving immediately. His gaze falls back down on Lucille, his dark eyes showing little emotion. "It seems all are in favor of leaving immediately, if all these pods haven't opened already, its best to predict that those within..didn't make it." He watches the others prepare themselves, and he smiles slightly. "As for the buddy system, our group will not be split up at any point. I will not be giving orders for the group to split up, as that will diminish our chances of survival. Now, if you want to enact a buddy system for others to watch over their partner, that is fine by me. Yet there will be no 'odd man out', do I make myself clear?" his voice was powerful, yet gentle. Perhaps he merely didn't feel comfortable being as aggressive towards the women.
He turns his gaze away for a moment, "If there will have to be a group of three, so be it. We are all a team here, we either all learn to work together or we die." his dark gaze landed on her lighter one. "Your noble actions will get you killed out here, Now please prepare yourself to leave." he begins to walk away, heading for the doorway to exit the ship. "Five minutes until exit." he says loud enough for the others to hear, holding up his hand with five fingers extended.
He was trained to lead through thick and thin, and that's exactly what he would do. He would treat these people like soldiers, as that is what he was briefed to do. If they got out of line, they would be threatening the existence of the human race entirely, and it was his job to ensure they knew their place.

243a1a29301096694a1743e12104585a-jpg.287492

Callista Nerron Callista listened to the Sergeant before turning towards Gwen. Well, it seemed stupid to her not to have a buddy system. Sure, no one was planning to get separated but the point of the buddy system was just in case you did get separated. "So...," Callista said awkwardly. "Wanna be my buddy?" she asked, trying to make it sound like a joke. She was serious, but it was awkward as hell asking someone to be your "buddy." It was like they were in elementary school. On a new planet. A hundred years into the future. Now that she thought about it, she wondered what earth was like now. Would it be peaceful? Full of war? Would she have any family left alive? Surely not her parents, of course, but there would likely be others, taken that the whole human population hadn't somehow been wiped out. The thought made sweat break out on her forehead. A lot can change in a hundred years. Was everyone dead? Were whole nations gone? She wondered if they would be willing to find out how her parents life had gone, if they could get in contact with earth.
She knew that this should not be what she was concerned about, at the moment, but she couldn't help it. The second she would step out the door she was sure all other worries would go away, but for now they were safe, in their own little piece of their home planet.
"I'll be back in just a minute. I'll find you before we leave," she said to Gwen.
She quickly walked over to the Sergeant, Leo, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Um, I have a question," she said as he turned around. She felt suddenly like a kid near an adult, which was insane because she herself was an adult. More than capable of handling herself. She stood up a bit straighter. "I was wondering if there was any way to contact earth? To find out what is going on there? I know we are about to leave, which is fine, I just think everyone might be interested in finding out what happened in the last hundred years, at some point," she said, trying to use her best "grown up" voice.

created by junie.

Leo Grey Marble
tumblr_n8lqx2CBg81qauhoxo1_1280.jpg

Interactions:: JustAlexandra JustAlexandra

He turns to face Callista, meeting her gaze gently. She seemed slightly nervous, possibly concerned with the situation. Her questions took him back slightly, they were on a new planet and she was worried about Earth? He contemplated reminding her it had been a century since they departed, meaning any family she had then was long gone.
He mentally scolds himself, reminding himself that just because it was difficult for him to feel remorse, that didn't mean everyone else was heartless. His gaze softens slightly, "There was a way, but due to our ship being totaled, the communication system is ruined." he hesitates for a moment, "but, if we can find one of the other ships, there is a possibility their communication is intact." He smiles warmly, shrugging one shoulder lightly to adjust the rifle. "Who knows, maybe the life here can fix our ship." he winks playfully.
While the situation with the ship was grave, there was no point is harboring anger or sulking.

243a1a29301096694a1743e12104585a-jpg.287492

Callista Nerron Callista blushed when the sergeant winked at her. What could she say? He was an attractive guy. And a man of authority, which surely had something to do with the way she felt. She shrugged it off, there was no time for that here, of course. She doubted that he would have anything to do with her, anyways. He was right, though. In hindsight, she should have known they wouldn't have been able to contact earth with their ship in this condition. It was very clearly not in working order, so the hope that whatever they used to contact earth was pretty far-fetched. The hope of finding another ship or fixing the problem was enough for her to put the worry in the back of her mind for now. Not all hope was lost of contacting earth, and that was damn good enough for her, for now.

"Thanks," she smiled, her cheeks still a little rosy. She had noticed the way his eyes softened when he looked at her. Did that mean...? Callista promptly turned around, walking over towards Oliver and the other girl and giving herself a smack on the forehead. What am I doing? Two minutes on a new planet and I'm already subconsciously flirting with a guy. Who even am I? When she reached Oliver and the girl she turned to face the girl. "Hi," she said. "I'm Callista. I thought I'd get introductions out of the way before we left. It'd be strange if I had spoken to everyone but you," she smiled. "Oh, and thanks again Oliver. For, you know, saving me from my pod."

Tasteless Tasteless DemonKitten DemonKitten Lunar Lunar

created by junie.

Samuel Paul Anderson
Sam smiled as he watched a couple people walk up to Leo and speak with him privately. What were they talking about? There wasn't much of a way for him to know but for now Sam's focus was on mentally preparing himself for this journey. He thought of different situations they could get caught in and how they would get out of it. All these thoughts and ideas running through his head would seem to overwhelm anyone else, but it was common occurrence for him. He turned back towards the sergeant with a small smile. "So, stuck on a different planet with possibly hostile life, no way to call for backup, and limited ways of defense. This is gonna be one hell of a trip won't it?" Sam said to Leo as he leaned up against the window with one arm on the glass.
Tasteless Tasteless

Lucille Elise Everett

8b4f00834260c1d3838db8fb440041e8.jpg

Feeling :: Concerned - Slighted - Thoughtful
Interactions :: Tasteless Tasteless Lunar Lunar JustAlexandra JustAlexandra DemonKitten DemonKitten

Lucille met the Sargent's eyes with an even, calm gaze, listening as others quickly piped up their desire to leave. She stayed quiet as Leo talked, thinking of how to respond. Lucille broke the eye contact to look over at the remaining, closed pods. Those are, were, people. Heaving a soft sigh she shook her head, trying to move on. There was not much she could do, she is not a scientist, or some military personal who had any idea on how the cryostasis chambers worked. Focusing her thoughts on the others that had emerged from their pods Lucille put her brain to work.
Who in their right mind would wander away? The point of her idea was in case something happened and the group was able to be all together. Orders? Who decided that this man would be in charge of us? It should be a democracy, all of us working as one, making decisions as one. Though I suppose he is right, there should not be one person trying to make it on their own. I was not trying to be "noble", I was just trying to not saddle someone with trying to make small talk with someone with my baggage. The thoughts ran through her mind quickly as the Sargent walked away, announcing they only had five minutes until he wanted to leave. Running a hand through her hair Lucille turned away, lost in her own mind as Callista rushed up to Leo. It was no surprise others had questions about the crashed ship and the planet they had left behind.

Walking away she thought of their situation, and the disaster they ended up somehow surviving. What else had broken on the ship? What broke to begin with, to cause them to crash? Lucille sighed, all these questions floating about but not really any answers. Focusing herself she walked back to Oliver and the girl that was now standing at a casual pace, making a mental list of what she had, arriving just as Callista did. Jeez this girl is everywhere it seems. Smiling to herself Lucille shook her head. It was reasonable to be exited. Lucille smiled at Oliver kindly as she waited for Callista to get done introducing herself to the other girl who she did not get the name of in her rush around the room. They all need to know each others names at least in case they get separated.
"Sorry about leaving you so
abruptly, I did not even leave you chance to give me your name. This is going to sound awful I know, and I hate to rush you once more, but the Sargent seems to be dead set on leaving the ship soon. You may want to change and get your personal items from you locker before we go."
Lucille gave an apologetic smile to the younger girl. It cannot be easy with people running about, introducing themselves and demanding you hurry up. Turning to Oliver her smile would turn a little more motherly and kind. How. Lucille is only 22 and never had a child. "Thank you for staying with her Oliver, it was kind of you. Are you ready to leave though? I am sure the others will understand if you need a couple minutes to make sure you have everything."

Leo Grey Marble
downloadfile-4.jpg

Interactions:: JustAlexandra JustAlexandra Raku Raku

He watched Callista turn red in the cheeks, and he raises an eyebrow. She said a quick thank you before rushing off, yet his thoughts were cut short as Samuel spoke up.
The Sargeant turned his gaze towards the man, before laughing softly. It was gruff, yet gentle. "Oh yes, let's just pray we can all live to tell our tale." He jokes, stepping beside the man.
He hesitates for a moment, "are you prepared to leave? I noticed some people looking quite pale, perhaps I came off a tad too.. strong?" He says softly, watching out the window.
The light green trees swayed softly, the lilac sky was soft and no clouds were visible. The smell of gasoline had become bearable, yet he still longed to be outside.
The growl he heard earlier echoed in his mind, and he shuddered slightly. It was nothing he had heard before, it was monstrous and terrifying. He could only hope that whatever it was, it didn't want to kill them.

"Your Majesty." Came the gruff voice, a man bowed slightly, his amber eyes set on a young woman sitting before him. "Yes, Sangue?" Came her voice, it was melodic and sweet. "One of those vessels has crashed on our land, there seems to be life within, yet they have yet to emerge." The woman's gaze grew hard, and she hesitated for a moment.
The room was silent, despite various growls from the two guards who has accompanied him. The woman nods her head slowly, "Gather all of your guards, bring the aliens to me, then I will decide what needs to be done." With a flick of her hand, Sangue and the others bowed in agreement, before turning to exit. "And Sangue.." She called, causing the Elite Guard to halt. "Make sure they arrive alive, all of them."
With that, the trio left the massive building. Once outside, they shifted into massive wolves, before Sangue tips his head back and releases a calling howl.
With that, several guards shift into massive wolves. The large group barrels into the forest, growling loudly as they rapidly approach the crash site, before stopping at the edge of the forest to await the surviving aliens.

Samuel Paul Anderson
Samuel met Leo's chuckle with another. He was right, it would definitely be an interesting story to tell. To whom he shall tell it to would be the real question. Samuel returned his gaze to the window as he looked at the outdoors. It was going to be a grad time once they were out there, at least, that's what Sam thought. As he was rolling his neck the sound of loud growling sounded over the noise of his cracking neck. He lowered his eyebrows in an almost frustrating fashion. He turned back to the rest of the group with a lighter expression and spoke. "We outta get moving quick. Whatever's out there is coming a little closer.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back