• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern We aren't all monsters (super-powered)

Shog

The Infinite Being

• First, notice the tabs. This section is a brief conceptual overview. If you want more information (and I highly advise you do if you want to join), please view the next tab.

So in this world superheroes are purely the work of fiction. Maybe a few vigilantes, but that's it. Six months ago, however, a strange explosion blanketed the city this RP takes place in and some people... changed. And by changed I mean they gained some form of extra-human ability (or multiple). But this didn't lead to the formation of the Avengers or the Justice League or anything of the sort. In fact, these people are generally hunted down. But it's not simple prejudice like in the X-Men, rather the first to demonstrate their power were criminals, a bit of a super-human slave trade popped up, and something else working in the background. All of these will fall into play, but the primary focus will the something working in the background. You don't have to play a good guy, but if you want to work actively against "the forces of good," then please reconsider joining.

Last edited:
Though i do have a few questions.

Are enhanced allowed within the police force?

And what kind of powers would be off limits?
Shog Shog

Though i do have a few questions.

Are enhanced allowed within the police force?

And what kind of powers would be off limits?
Shog Shog
They are allowed to join, yes. In fact, many are assigned specifically to the Enhanced Control Unit (ECU) because they are often more useful in those situations. I actually thought I specified earlier, so thank you for pointing that out. I’ll edit it in once I get back to my computer.

Your second question is more difficult to answer. I try not to restrict the kinds of powers that can be used, rather how powerful they end up. For example, if one character has speed and another has speed and strength, the second won’t be anywhere near as fast as the first. The major stipulation I have to have their environment at the time of the Meyer’s Incident influence their power. This doesn’t have to be taken super literally. So you can have strength, but what around them could reasonably justify this? Perhaps they were going ham on their work out or were taking strength enhancing drugs. I realize now that I’ve deviated pretty far from the original question at this point, but I hope this helps.

Yes it helps considerably. You have a similar style to me in the sense that so long as the power isnt game breaking and can be explained. Imma pm you here in a bit with a character idea i had that may help contribute to some plot points.

I'll try to get this up by Monday night. If either of you know anyone who may be interested then please tag them and I'll do the same.

Shog Shog
Oooh! I remember reading a book that was along similar lines years ago, and have always wanted to give it a shot! I’ll get to thinking

Im interested. One question though, would it be too much to be Super-Natural running a trafficking ring?

Im interested. One question though, would it be too much to be Super-Natural running a trafficking ring?
Probably a dumb question, but what do you mean by “Uper-Natural running a trafficking ring?”

I would be a chaotic neutral type Supernatural who sells other supernaturals in the slave trade.

I would be a chaotic neutral type Supernatural who sells other supernaturals in the slave trade.
First off, there are no "supernaturals." The term supernatural indicates some degree of magic, which there is none of in this RP. As stated in the first post, super-powered people are called Enhanced. Secondly, yes but it is ill-advised. No other character (following the pattern of those I have accepted) is going get along with you. Well, maybe one, but I can't really judge their personality beyond the most basic level. Back to the point, I have never seen a character that isn't part of the main group last long unless they are an antagonist, and I already have plans there. Third, if you go through with this your character will not be overly successful (and expect very little yield for their efforts). As mentioned above, the Enhanced slave trade has been monopolized and due to how the ring leaders interact with the "mysterious third party" I cannot allow a player to run it. Finally (and just nitpicking now), someone who works in slave trade would have an evil alignment. I cannot see a chaotic neutral putting in the effort required to maintain a slave trading operation. A neutral evil would probably work best for what you're looking at if not a lawful evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back