• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy We are the Cursed

Shog

The Infinite Being
This takes place in a fairly generic fantasy world inhabited by humans, elves, dwarfs, and their children (and others, but more on that later). The basic plot is that our characters are sent to a foreign kingdom in an effort to stop a war. The catch is that the country that hired us can't officially move against the other without causing a diplomatic incident and unleash all out war that they would almost certainly lose. The reason we were chosen is because we can be broadly called, as the title implies, cursed. This can encompass a wide variety of afflictions. Perhaps a mage literally cursed you. Maybe you're a spirit that can't pass on. Whatever it is, you can fight but are generally shunned by society due to some negative aspect of your curse. No one expects the cursed to be fighting for the crown.

I expect this RP to be fairly free-form. I'll nail down the basic setting if this garners enough interest, but I generally plan on leaving it as a blank slate for you all to help mold. This means I have no set rules for magic, monsters, or religion. I expect the main races to be humans, elves, dwarfs, and their half-breed spawn, but I am in no way opposed to adding different races. The only things I request in this regard is that if you want to introduce a new race that you A) message me about it for approval first and, B) have a decent idea of how they'll fit into the world. And I really do want them to fit into it and not just be a gimmick that'll allow your character to work. Races may be regional (I think we all expect dwarfs to be more mountain based), but I won't allow a new race to only exist in this one small corner of the world and that's it unless you have a good justification for it.

Anyway, that about sums it up. I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings, so please feel free to ask any questions.
Fantasy - We are the Cursed - OOC
Fantasy - We are the Cursed - CS
Fantasy - We are the Cursed - Settings

Last edited:
question. can my curse be that I am a valiant knight who was cursed to be a little girl? I am most comfortable rping children.

This takes place in a fairly generic fantasy world inhabited by humans, elves, dwarfs, and their children (and others, but more on that later). The basic plot is that our characters are sent to a foreign kingdom in an effort to stop a war. The catch is that the country that hired us can't officially move against the other without causing a diplomatic incident and unleash all out war that they would almost certainly lose. The reason we were chosen is because we can be broadly called, as the title implies, cursed. This can encompass a wide variety of afflictions. Perhaps a mage literally cursed you. Maybe you're a spirit that can't pass on. Whatever it is, you can fight but are generally shunned by society due to some negative aspect of your curse. No one expects the cursed to be fighting for the crown.

I expect this RP to be fairly free-form. I'll nail down the basic setting if this garners enough interest, but I generally plan on leaving it as a blank slate for you all to help mold. This means I have no set rules for magic, monsters, or religion. I expect the main races to be humans, elves, dwarfs, and their half-breed spawn, but I am in no way opposed to adding different races. The only things I request in this regard is that if you want to introduce a new race that you A) message me about it for approval first and, B) have a decent idea of how they'll fit into the world. And I really do want them to fit into it and not just be a gimmick that'll allow your character to work. Races may be regional (I think we all expect dwarfs to be more mountain based), but I won't allow a new race to only exist in this one small corner of the world and that's it unless you have a good justification for it.

Anyway, that about sums it up. I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings, so please feel free to ask any questions.
Are there allowed to be more than just those races? Such as other races known or not be included ?

question. can my curse be that I am a valiant knight who was cursed to be a little girl? I am most comfortable rping children.
Yes, but you'd need to mess around with the concept enough for your character to still be viable. A knight whose primary skills revolve around that chosen profession is honestly going to be pretty useless in the body of a child. Swords would simply be too long for her to wield properly even if it wouldn't be too heavy for her. So yeah, just make sure you mess around with the concept enough for her to still be useful without negating the actual bad part of the curse (ie. Them being turned into a little girl but still retaining all of their physical capabilities would be a pretty cheep cop out of the curse).
Are there allowed to be more than just those races? Such as other races known or not be included ?
Yeah. I spent most of the second paragraph (quoted below for convenience) explaining the basic process for adding new races.
I expect the main races to be humans, elves, dwarfs, and their half-breed spawn, but I am in no way opposed to adding different races. The only things I request in this regard is that if you want to introduce a new race that you A) message me about it for approval first and, B) have a decent idea of how they'll fit into the world. And I really do want them to fit into it and not just be a gimmick that'll allow your character to work. Races may be regional (I think we all expect dwarfs to be more mountain based), but I won't allow a new race to only exist in this one small corner of the world and that's it unless you have a good justification for it.

Last edited:
Race: Human
Kentrie Viper Woodland is a 29-year-old Traveler. She is exciting and creative, but can also be very sadistic and a bit stingy.
She is British who defines herself as straight.
Name:Kentrie Viper Woodland Nickname:Kay Reason for nickname:Descriptive Date of birth:Monday, 8th Jan 1990 (Age 29) Nationality:British

Positive characteristics:exciting, creative Negative characteristics:sadistic, grudging,selfish, ungenerous,stingy Words often used:creative, exciting, sadistic, stingy Other words that might be used:beggarly, breathless, breathtaking, cheap, cheeseparing, chintzy, close, constructive, creative, elating, electric, electrifying, exciting, exhilarating, fanciful, fictive, generative, glamorous, glamorous, grudging, heady, imaginative, ingenious, intoxicating, inventive, little, meager, mean, mingy, miserly, near, notional, originative, parsimonious, penurious, productive, provocative, sadistic, scrimpy, selfish, small, stimulating, stingy, thrilling, tight, tightfisted, titillating, ungenerous, yeasty Moral:not at all Stable:sometimes Loyal:sometimes Generous:not at all Extrovert:sometimes Compassionate:sometimes

-Can use her surroundings to her advantage

-Can run faster than the average solider

- efficiency to get the job done

-Has a great skill with long ranged weapons and short daggers but is weak with swords

screenshot-2019-03-10-at-4-00-34-am-png.550113

Sorry if I messed everything up in here

Range: 200 feet

Stamina: 14.6

Strength: 23.1

Stealth: almost undetectable

Race: Human
Kentrie Viper Woodland is a 29-year-old Traveler. She is exciting and creative, but can also be very sadistic and a bit stingy.
She is British who defines herself as straight.
Name:Kentrie Viper Woodland Nickname:Kay Reason for nickname:Descriptive Date of birth:Monday, 8th Jan 1990 (Age 29) Nationality:British

Positive characteristics:exciting, creative Negative characteristics:sadistic, grudging,selfish, ungenerous,stingy Words often used:creative, exciting, sadistic, stingy Other words that might be used:beggarly, breathless, breathtaking, cheap, cheeseparing, chintzy, close, constructive, creative, elating, electric, electrifying, exciting, exhilarating, fanciful, fictive, generative, glamorous, glamorous, grudging, heady, imaginative, ingenious, intoxicating, inventive, little, meager, mean, mingy, miserly, near, notional, originative, parsimonious, penurious, productive, provocative, sadistic, scrimpy, selfish, small, stimulating, stingy, thrilling, tight, tightfisted, titillating, ungenerous, yeasty Moral:not at all Stable:sometimes Loyal:sometimes Generous:not at all Extrovert:sometimes Compassionate:sometimes

-Can use her surroundings to her advantage

-Can run faster than the average solider

- efficiency to get the job done

-Has a great skill with long ranged weapons and short daggers but is weak with swords

screenshot-2019-03-10-at-4-00-34-am-png.550113

Sorry if I messed everything up in here

Range: 200 feet

Stamina: 14.6

Strength: 23.1

Stealth: almost undetectable
Since you’re new here, I’m going to try and give you a general run-down on how things typically work on this site (from my experience). You did great by starting off at the interest checks section, finding an RP that interests you, and making that interest publicly known. That tells the RP GM to expect you when the actual RP is made and even tag you if they so desire. From there, however, the GM will usually post a link to the official Character Sheet (CS) page for the RP where players are expected to fill out the pre-made sheet to make their character. The GM will then either accept the character or request further edits be made. All of this happens on the Characters page (not the interest check). It is expected that players will fill out their CS with a character that fits the world of the RP as best as they can. Then all accepted characters begin the RP when the GM makes the first post. Sorry if you knew this already, but I thought I’d try and help out. I say this because this character does not fit this setting. At all. You can find the lore page for this RP with ease by following any of the links I’ve already posted. You’re still welcome to join if you’re interested. Just familiarize yourself with the world and make a character that could fit in it. Many RPs, this one included, will also lay out special rules for the RP that characters are expected to follow (mine are listed above the CS template). And one last thing/word to the wise: don’t expect your characters to be able to easily transfer to any RP that piques your interest. I saw you post this first on Looking for a Team if Heroes, and it doesn’t fit here any better than it did there.

oi oi! I'm interest, gettin an overly zealous chara because burning heretics is 1) fun 2) educational 3) am a slut fer bein paladin

The CS is currently open. All links are posted at the top of the page. Please at least skim the lore page before starting your CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back