• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy We are Musketeers interest check

Lordxana0

The land of Izunra is filled with mystery and magic. Monsters roam between kingdoms as if they were kings, magicians craft wonders from magic in the air, swordsmen of legend cleave mountains as easily as a knife might cut through warm butter. It is a land of storied history and wonders, from the Forgotten Age and its lost technology, to the current Age of Wonder. However this Wonder comes at a cost, the cost of those that are weak being crushed underfoot by those who are strong, the rich overtake the poor, and each day people cry out to the Saints and the Creator for justice only to see their cries disappear into the air without answer. The world is wonderful, but man is unjust and cruel despite their gifts.

But while man might be cruel, men can be merciful, kind, and just. Even if these things are in short supply there are those who have them, who see the world and wish it to be better, but know that wishing is not enough. So these men and women flock to the banner of the Saint of Sword, Count Loric of Ornament. The Count cast away his fortune and lavish lifestyle and took up sword and rifle in the name of the people, swearing an oath to defend those who were abused and who cried out. His legend grew and like minded people flocked to him. Under his training the first generation of Musketeers came to be, creating their own land outside of the control of any other kingdom. With freedom from any set law the Musketeers can deploy anywhere in the world from their hidden city in order to right the wrongs that are cast upon people.

A Musketeer will only hold themselves to three laws.

• I will forever strive to do that which is Just. Even what is Just is not lawful then the law is wrong and will be ignored. The right thing takes precedent over all other things, and I will not be held back from it. If I forget this I will lay aside my cloak and weapons and pledge myself before a lord, enforcing laws even if they don't hold my belief.

• I will endeavor to protect all human life, even the lives of my enemies. I shall only end a life if the following conditions are met. 1. The life which I am about to take can no longer be classified as human, but has descended into that of a demon. 2. By sparing the life of my foe many others will face execution in their place, in order to protect the world I will commit this sin. 3. The enemy whom I face shows such skill that I am forced to acknowledge that fighting at anything less then my best will result in my death and others. Only if one of these three is met will I end the life of another human. If I should forget this I will become a monster filled with blood lust, and will lay aside my cloak and weapons so I may become a beast.

• So long as my body retains strength I will never stop trying to aid others. Even if the entire world is on my shoulders and my back is bent like an old mans I will take the weight from others and carry it. My life is not my own, but simply a tool for which good can be done. If I should forget this and seek personally glory I will lay aside my cloak and weapons and enter the world of nobility, feeding my ego until I am crushed by its weight.

Those who hold these to be true shall be welcomed into the sacred order of the Musketeers and become servants of the people until the end of their days.

So anyone interested?

*Awkwardly waves arms about* soOoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back