• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Extremely nervous

OUTFIT: Outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
None

INT:
.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
tags
TL;DR Niila is going to have a Thanksgiving dinner in order to meet Arthur’s grandparents for the first time
tl;dr
Niila Ahonen
"I will vanish away if I don't get 100 % of your love."
Niila wanted to do his best to charm Arthur’s grandparents. He wanted to be someone they would think was worthy of their granddaughter's love. Niila had no idea what kind of clothes such an occasion called for, since he had never dated before, he had never been introduced to girlfriend’s family. Then there was also the fact it was Thanksgiving. It wasn’t something that was celebrated in Finland and before Niila had only faced it on American television series. He wasn’t sure how to dress for it, but since he wanted to give a good image he had put a little more effort on his outfit than before. He had also bought some flowers for Arthur's grandmother. Niila didn’t really have more formal pieces of clothing with him, so he had borrowed a shirt from one of his host family’s sons. The 11-year-old Isaiah.

Because of Arthur Niila rarely felt anxious about his height anymore. He knew Arthur accepted him as he was, but wearing clothings of the same size as such a young kid made Niila feel shameful. Just why did he have to be so short? According to everything Arthur had told him, her grandparents seemed like great people. However Niila couldn’t still help but feel extremely nervous. He was awkward in social interactions and things that seemed so easy and simple to others, always made him face great difficulties. Meeting someone for the first time was always difficult, but this time it was going to be hundred percent more difficult than usual since the people he was going to meet were Arthur’s grandparents.

All sorts of worries filled the mind of the Finnish boy. What if they didn’t like him? What if they thought he wasn't a good fit for arthur? What if…Niilas thoughts and endless what ifs, were disturbed by the yelling of his host mother. The boy was supposed to celebrate thanksgiving with his host family but he was ready to cancel it immediately when Arthur had asked him to join her and her grandparents. Niila wasn’t sure what his host family thought about him since he was never home, always hanging out with Arthur instead. “Niila won’t you be late soon?” The words of his host mother made Niila check on the time, and she indeed was right. Niila needed to take a bus since Arthur’s grandparents lived a little further away.

“Happy Thanksgiving. I’m sorry I won’t be celebrating it with you.” Niila apologized quickly before leaving the house. He wasn’t actually sorry, but he felt like it was polite to do so. Arthur always went first for him, but he couldn’t still help but worry if his host family regretted accepting him temporarily in their family. Niila started to walk towards the bus stop and luckily it wasn’t far away. There were only a couple passengers beside him and the bus driver. The trip went quickly and Niila wasn’t able to calm himself down during it. He was still a nervous stress ball disguised as a human.

Niila started walking towards the front door of Arthur’s grandparents house. HIs heart was beating as hard as ever, almost forcing its way out of Niila’s chest. Just when Niila was going to ring the bell, he started to once again doubt himself. He needed to take a deep calming breath, and for while he just slowly breathed in and out. In and out. After doing it for a minute or two too long, Niila rang the bell. To his relief it was Arthur who opened the door and he immediately felt better about the whole situation. “Hi rakas.” He said with the sweetest smile as he quickly kissed her cheek. He gave the flowers to Arthur, and immediately realized his mistake.

“Hitto.” He mumbled out a curse word in his mother tongue. “Those were actually meant for your grandmother. Could you give them back?” Niila asked awkwardly as his hand went and brushed over his raven black hair. Niila: calm down, it’ll be alright, he tried to calm himself by saying different reassuring words and sentences in his mind. But it was useless. For every nice sentence he could think of at least five negative things. He looked at Arthur again, in hopes of getting some reassurance from his girlfriend.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Contemplative

OUTFIT: xxx

basics
MENTIONS:
Calla
Nico
Arthur
Ashley
Dustin

INT:

tags
TL;DR ...
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver had spent the last several hours of the morning pacing back and forth through the living room of Calla's house in a tense meditative trance, muttering his thoughts out loud under his breath. Stuck so deeply in his cycle of pacing that he'd walked into the wall several times already, his eyes looked almost glazed over and unseeing. His surroundings no longer mattered to him. Much more pressing matters were at hand.

Today was Thanksgiving. Oliver, having grown up too deep in poverty and neglect to experience it properly, was unfortunately a stranger to most of the traditions of the holiday. His new roommates planned to celebrate it with him, as friends, so he had wanted to do some research on the customs beforehand so he wouldn't do anything wrong, but he had quickly become distracted by more grave matters.

Dustin Thackery, his classmate and friend, had been shot to death in cold blood.

Or, at least, that's what Ashley would have Oliver believing.

Perhaps it was a bit cruel of Ashley to allow this to happen to her friend, given his apparent cognitive challenges, but Oliver would surely forgive her later when he found out the truth. But for now, he couldn't find any reason to doubt her claim. Ashley was Dustin's girlfriend; why would she lie about her lover being slaughtered?

As of right now, his first-ever proper Thanksgiving had been quickly and completely overshadowed by this grisly murder mystery. Suddenly all Oliver could think of was who he knew that even owned a gun, who had conflict with Dustin, who would ever murder a beloved high school sophomore. And why was no one talking about this? Clearly, someone with a great deal of power was trying to cover this up and keep the town quiet.

That meant it was all the more dangerous for Oliver to be investigating this. The closer he got to cracking the case, surely the killer would be looking to snuff him out before he could expose their villainy. With this in mind, having a healthy fear of his own mortality, Oliver planned to keep an eye on the mystery without directly confronting any suspects. Unlike Arthur and some of his other masochist friends, he was in no hurry to put his life on the line. Dustin wouldn't want him to die.

code by valen t.

Paris Goulding
61cb45287ec692d94c93a8e874f8cbc84f6b344d.gifv

Paris had so many things running through her mind. With the intricate way Apolla stroked Odette's hip, the avoiding eye contact, and antagonizing words, Paris was struck with no words. She knew she needed to end it for good, right then and there. This was the worst that Apolla had ever hurt her and she knew she wouldn't be able to handle more of it. "No, Apolla, I came here to end things for good. I'm fucking sick of you hurting me over and over again." The girl said, visibly upset. She was wound up and didn't care if Cyrus or anyone else in the studio could hear her. She was broken now.
Going over to Apolla, she could see from the corner of her eye that Odette slid over some on the bed with a, "sorry can't have this crazy attacking my face, it's my money maker." Rolling her eyes Paris looked to the blonde, "shut the fuck up you dirty little L.A. slut." But after the words came out she looked back to Apolla, tears of frustration welling in her eyes. Now she was basically standing in front of the artist. She liked that Apolla was sitting, she felt like she had power to control this situation, end it being the bigger person... But everytime she looked at Apolla she almost didn't know what to say. Shaking her head some she finally spit it out, "you're pathetic... A lowlife tattoo artists who wants nothing and no one in life despite the love that people have for you. It's selfish and I honestly hope you die alone because no one, not even a fucking rat," she said referencing to Odi, "would be able to deal with the stale personality and superiority act."
Backing up some, Paris could feel a few tears drop and looked up to the lights to stop herself, "I can't handle this anymore, Apolla. I gave you my time, my body, and my heart... But all I've ever been is a canvas that you continue to abuse... And I can't take it anymore... I just can't." She finally said, her tone quiet and defeated. "You can cancel my tattoo appointment. I'll go elsewhere cause I just can't with you. I'm done, this is over." She told Apolla and looked over to Odi who seemed to be enjoying the scene going on in front of her, "have fun with her." Paris told Odi, "she'll fucking break you." The girl finally finished and left the little room.
Once outside of it though, she leaned against the wall to try and contain the panic in her chest, "sorry Cyrus... I needed to end things..." She apologized to the shop owner and looked toward the washroom. She knew in her panic and all the tears she wouldn't be able to drive, "sorry I just gotta wash my face and then I'll get going." She told the man and rushed over to the washroom. Grabbing some paper towel she ran the flimsy paper under the tap and blotted her face with it. In the mirror she knew she looked pathetic. She looked broken. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy from the crying. She knew she needed to get out of there, leave and never come back. The only thing that was stopping her was her heart beating out of her chest and her shaky hands. Putting the piece of paper towel down she closed her eyes and let herself breath for a moment. Finally, the girl turned to leave the shop that the hoped to never see again.
Mentions: PenguinFox PenguinFox ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Hudson Green
LcWR.gif

Hudson wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans as Mr. Ricci opened the door and greeted Hudson, "hi Mr. Ricci, it's nice to meet you." Hudson greeted back and shook the mans hand though at his comment that Hudson was taking up Bristol's free time he felt his face redden some, he didn't know what to say to that. He and Bristol were spending a lot of time together, but he hadn't though about how her dad might feel about that and it made him feel a little bad. "Your house is super cool." He complimented in the best way he knew how. The idea that Mr. Ricci and Hudson's dad had most likely interacted at some point made Hudson nervous. He knew he wasn't a bad kid... sure he has tested out recreational drugs and partied a lot last year, but now he was actually trying with school and wanted to move forward.
The younger man was about to take a seat on the couch when Bristol came into the room so he remained standing for a second. He took only a second to admire how pretty she was, but didn't want to push it as her dad was right there. "Hey Bristol. Thanks for inviting me over." He told the girl and smiled when she began offering things, "no it's cool... if you need any help with it just ask." He said with the genuine offer. He didn't know much about cooking when it came to him doing it on his own but he had helped his mom before if she gave him instructions on something and how to do it.
As the girl came over, Hudson greeted her with his usual hug and then took a seat on the couch. "I'm not sure. My dad usually just puts on football... I don't really watch T.V. all that often." He told the girl and it was true. He was an outside guy. He usually spent his time surfing or just skating around the town and at the skate park. When it snowed was usually the only time he wasn't outside but even then he'd be in the garage listening to music and making new boards. Odi was always the T.V. kid and while she was inside most of the time, he wasn't. He did on the other hand enjoy sports, so for the last few Thanksgiving's without his sister, him and his dad would enjoy the football games. "Football's cool if that's what you want to watch Mr. Ricci."
Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Bristol Ricci

Bristol had gotten used to Hudson hugging her at this point, it still wasn’t something she initiated but she had started to return the hugs. It was a nice gesture and Bri knew that if hugs made him happy then she could hug back, she never knew when the appropriate time for something like that was, plus he was so much larger than her he almost always engulfed her in the hug. As he mentioned he didn’t really watch tv Bri looked to her dad because she didn’t really know how to respond. She was still on the couch, “We can go outside.” Her dad gave her a nod and it made her feel like she had to be doing something right or maybe he knew something she didn’t know. She switched the tv to the game for her dad and slipped her phone into her back pocket so she could hear the timer.

Bristol slid on her house slippers and led Hudson towards the back door and towards the backyard. It was modest with a tiny table and a few chairs (one chair had been lost to a storm a few years back), with a small garden growing of herbs and plants that Bristol had done one year for a project back in high school and had kept going since then. She didn’t talk much about the garden and her dad had been tending to it while she had been away. She wasn’t a plant person, but she did enjoy her tiny garden. Past the chairs and next to the garden was a large porch swing her dad had set up for her, beyond that was a swing set and back in its glory days looked a lot shinier but the size was good for her as she aged.

Farther out in the yard were two trees and between them was hammock that Bristol had set up and spent many lazy weekends napping or trying to read. She assumed that because Odi had left to be a model that her backyard might not seem like much to Hudson, but she stood next to him and looked over before moving towards the porch swing. She really didn’t know where to go but assumed that Hudson wouldn’t want to swing. As she sat her legs didn’t even make it to the ground, it was the downside to her height, but she had never minded it. The porch swing and the hammock where her two favorite places outside and soon it would be too cold for her to enjoy either. “I’m glad you are here. I don’t usually have any friends over. Most people find me too odd to spend time with. You do not treat me that way. Thank you.” She meant it, it was nice for her to not feel like she was too strange to have a friend that was her age, rather than older or younger.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */

mood nervous

location Donna's place

outfit outfit

fun fact When he lies he grinds his teeth slightly.

tag ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Milo Brooks

/* ------ right side ------ */

Milo couldn't wrap his head around it. Donna had blocked him. He couldn't contact her. Yes, he knew where she lived. Yes, he did go over there just to find that both cars were always gone. He wasn't going to give up. He knew they needed to talk. She had to know what has been on his mind for awhile now. What happened the night of her birthday with him and that other girl. He needed her to know it was really nothing more than making sure nobody mugged her that night,but that he dropped her off home and told her he can't see her anymore. Why?

Because I'm falling for this stubborn...difficult ass girl Donna that- might I add- hasn't been home in forever and I think she is doing it on purpose...

Milo had pulled up yet again to their home. He had seen the cars in the front so breathed a sigh of relief as he turned off his bike and went to the front door to know on it.

He fixed his hair and wait for someone to answer the door. It wasn't Donna,but a different woman. He did know she lived with her aunt so maybe that's who she was. Milo gave a small smile to the woman and tried not to seem nervous. "Hi..my names Milo Brooks- Is Donna here by chance? We have plans,but i think she forgot" He asked her, slightly grinding his teeth, trying not to sound like he would break into a million pieces in 5 seconds.

All I want to do is talk to you, is that too much to ask Dove??? Have me looking like a fucking creep and shit...the things I do for you. Just don't slam the door in my face and I think I could take it I'd you turned me down.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Calla Gilles
1a1de50a742b9e55763211855c7f87e93865a20f.gifv

The smell of turkey and stuffing filled the house on Thanksgiving Day. The girl had woken up early to dry the bread crumbs and start on salads so they could cool in the fridge. She had potato salad, seven layer salad, and some yummy desserts that was already made and ready to go. While the girl hadn't had anyone to teach her to cook she had done some research on some easy Thanksgiving recipes... Google saved the say.
Since Halloween both her and Nico have been working on the relationship they were building together. For her it was fun and she felt loved for the first time in a very long time... With these events going on her life, her mood was definitely reflecting how happy she was. When her alarm went off for the turkey and the time to baste it, she looked around the house for Nico, not finding him but came across Oliver instead. "Hey could you come he-..." For some reason the boy seemed a little distraught, "you okay?" The girl asked in question.
Another thing that brought her joy was having this kid around. He was odd but weirdly enough his humor, whether it was purposeful or not, put Calla in a good mood. She also found herself being more protective of him, so if anyone was cause him stress she had a need to stick up for him. "Come sit and tell me what's wrong." Calla offered as she took a seat on the couch and nodded for him to join. From what she could tell from him, he was particular and also very smart. And while he was still warming up to the misfits, she found she cared for the boy.
Between her newfound friendships and relationships, Calla could tell her walls were coming down and she was more open to letting herself care. She'd lost so much before and never pictured herself having what she had now but for that she was super grateful. With the house, her friends, her new love, and the new car she had purchased with Oli's help, Calla had come far from being the outcast foster girl. It was crazy how fast Anchor Bay could change a person.

Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
Outfit

"Here we go.."

After that day when she say Yohan in a bad physical state by his brother she was worried about him. She didn't even have any hesitation when he called her. She was already out the door. Why? Because it was him. He didn't sound good and it worried the hell out of her.

She put on a face so he couldn't tell how much it upset her that her was hurt. When she had taken him home she made sure that Baloo was fine and his wounds were addressed. It wasn't about sex, so much that it was about a different kind of intimacy..one that she felt she was the only feeling. It wasn't like she was going to ask him either. Not now anyway.

Present day is Thanksgiving. She still has flashes of Yohans bloody face in her head,but she quickly shook those thoughts away. She did have plans today with her family,but she was still debating whether or not to go. That internship was something her father had suggested for her. She knew he would be mad and lose even more faith with her in her abilities to become a fashion designer full time.

Even if she decides not to go she still has Milk. The one who has given her warmth when she was cold as kisses when others wouldn't dare touch her. She would make sure he ate well tonight.

Maybe a milk bath for him too since he has been so good..

She thought as she raked her fingers down Milk's orange hair while he purred happily.

It then occurred to her that Yohan did say he was busy tonight. She pulled out her phone and sent him a quick message. If he answered it or not she would just be happy if he saw it.

'I know you said you were going out today,but please don't overdue it. Be safe. Happy Thanksgiving x'

Sent.

Outfit

lion. lion.

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

mood :
Mixed feelings

outfit :
mentions :
Myling Myling

interactions :
Valentine
;; Jean

Thanksgiving is supposed to be about how grateful a person is and being kind and generous. Supposed to. Jean couldn't deny he was grateful for his weeks in the hospital. He told Ronan he was fine when in reality he wasn't so sure. For him drowning to them having to resuscitate him it was all a lot to process. Especially because of how much oxygen he didn't get to his brain. They wanted to make sure that nothing happened. That if he walked out the doors he wouldn't come back 20 minutes later in worse condition.

The one thing he could say is that they moved him from the ICU back down to a regular floor. It was noisier,but he liked it a lot better. He wasn't alone with his thoughts. He knew Ronan was going through something,but he seemed to not want to talk about it much at the moment. Jean wasn't one to pry as he doesn't want to scare Ronan away so he will just have to bite the bullet like he always does and wait.

He figured the only thing to get his mind off of unnecessary things was to sleep,but the nurses and everybody gave him a little 'party' as a celebration for two things. 1. Being cleared to go home. 2. For his good deed because they felt like he was holding onto too much weight. He needed to be more proud of what he did.

That day he ate, walked the halls and had chats with the elderly people. All to get his mind off of 3 people.

His father
Ronan
And
Himself

Funny how I almost died by the one thing I love most in the world and my body is itching to go back..what a feeling.

coded by reveriee.

Processing. . . .

outfit: here

mood: nervous

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur was nervous and excited for today. Niila was going to be meeting her grandparents. It was just the same as meet her parents except they were more important to her growing up. They are both sweet people it's just that they care about Arthur as if she was their own..as one could guess they are overprotective. For Arthur boasting about Niila for so long and asking if he could come for Thanksgiving that was a big step for her. On one hand she would see what her grandparents thought of Niila. On the other hand she had never really brought a guy over-formally. At least to be introduced. She always had to sneak out or lie which she hated. She was blinded when she was younger,but Niila makes it all so very clear.

Arthur sent Niila the address and told him not to be that nervous,but she knew he would be. She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous to how her Sobo and Jii-chan.

When she heard the door she figured she would be the one to get it so he wasn't bombarded with strange face just yet. She opened the door with a soft smile. "Niila~" she said sweetly. Arthur gave him a kiss in return. Then he gave her flowers, then later stated that they were for her Sobo. Arthur giggled and nodded in understanding. "She'll love them" she said calmly before handing back into his grasp.

Taking a look over his appearance she could tell he really did try hard. "Niila, you'll be fine. I'm right here. There's nothing to worry about. I love you that's all that matters" she said giving him a reassuring soft kiss on the lips before taking his free hand and letting him inside.

She closed the door behind, locking it as she told him to take off his shoes or her Jii-san will get mad.

Now her Sobo was in the kitchen, almost finished cooking. The air smelled like fish, rice, and tea. It's not modernized at all and was simple as for her japenese culture they dont celebrate Thanksgiving as they do in the states.

"Kare wa koko ni imasu! Sobo, this is Niila" Arthur said to her grandmother. The elderly would look at him and smile lightly, wiling her hands on a kitchen towel. Instead of a handshake she pinched his cheek before giving him a hug. "Don't look so uptight hm? I hope you came with big appetite" she said with her thick accent.

They didn't even notice her Jii-chan come into the kitchen. "So you're the guy she's been talking of so long?" The older man said raising and eyebrow as he sidled into the kitchen. "Jii-chan be nice, please? Ask your questions later.." Arthur said in a begging tone. She didn't want Niila to get scared or too nervous that he'd not want to talk to her because of her family. She really wanted them to get along. She knew her Sobo would come around now than her Jii-chan. She could only cross her fingers now.

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

Winona got up early Thanksgiving morning to start helping her mother with the dinner. It was getting a little easier at home for the young girl after the accident. She'd found it in herself to visit her therapist again and start unraveling all the burden that she felt was sitting on her shoulders. From the car accident, her father's death, to Noah, to Dustin, to her crumbling dance career. She was finally visiting everything she hadn't healed from appropriately.

Tutoring had helped get her back on track in school, and although she wasn't at the standing that she usually was academically but she would take the Bs and Cs. Teaching at the studio was also helping her, she couldn't do much with her own dancing skills, but if she could help all the the younger dancers it was reward enough.

Slowly, Winona was picking up the pieces of herself that she regretfully let slip out of her fingers. She wasn't going to be the same girl she was before everything happened, Winnie had a hard time accepting that at first, but she was ready to accept that she was different. The antidepressants helped a little of course.

Her relationship with her mother had improved as WInona finally decided to open up to her mother. She didn't spill everything, but she told enough for her mother to realize that her kid wasn't okay. Together the two of them worked on being there for one another. The two of them in the kitchen that morning felt like it did when she used to help her mother as a little girl. It's like the two of them never lost their touch and moved effortlessly around the room.

Winnie was placing the pumpkin pie she had done when the doorbell rang. I'll get it. She told her mom, shutting the oven and making her way to the front door. When she opens it she recognizes the tall brunette standing there and for some reason she immediately got nervous. This was the first time that she saw him since he practically saved her.

Oh, hi Oliver. She smiles at him, folding her hands in front of her. Thanks for coming, my mom really appreciates it.

mood: content; in some sort of peace

outfit

playing:
Head Empty No Thoughts

by:
Unavailable

mentions:

interactions: Oliver

tags: .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

º º code by ditto º º

Alright Odi, give me a second. Apolla pats Odette's hip before moving out from between her legs. Paris's words only amused Apolla because this was how it always was. They'd get mad at each other, mean words be thrown around (mostly by Apolla), they'd stop talking, and then a few months later someone texts.

Apolla didn't mind that it happened in the tattoo shop, there were only a few clients and her boss in the decent sized building, and most of them knew Apolla. They knew how Apolla functioned, how she navigated her relationships. She didn't really appreciate having her dirty laundry loudly while she was being tattooed. And maybe this time she could be a little sympathetic towards Paris, it seemed like Apolla really hurt her.

She stood up and left her room, shutting the door gently behind her. I'm dealing with it boss. She says to Cyrus, a small smirk on her face as she headed towards bathroom. Not long after she leans on the frame of the door, does it open. A puffy eyed Paris is avoiding Apolla's eye contact, but the taller girl wipes a fallen tear with her thumb before her hand moves down to use her index finger to raise her chin u, forcing the eye contact.

You're so pretty when you cry baby girl. Her voice is soft, like it usually gets with Paris, but annoyance can be heard embedded in her words as she looked at her ex. Without waiting for an answer, Apolla's hand goes down to Paris's hip and she pushes her back in the bathroom and slams the door behind them.

Do you not want me touching anyone else? She peers into Paris's eyes, the height difference between them, making Apolla a little bit intimidating. Her hand remains on the Paris's hip, caressing the curve of her hip. You don't get to be jealous Paris if you're not my girlfriend. She leads her to lean against the counter, she takes away her hand to strip her of any contact, using the counter as an anchor instead. She's still leaning over Apolla. Her face has gotten closer, their noses almost brushing, blue green eyes peering into delicate brown ones.

But if you want me to touch you Apolla, all you have to do is ask.

mood: indifferent; focused; angry; a little jealous

outfit

playing:
Good In Bed

by:
Dua Lipa

mentions: N/A

interactions: Paris, Odette, Cyrus

tags: travelbypages travelbypages

PenguinFox PenguinFox

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Contemplative

OUTFIT: xxx

basics
MENTIONS:
Calla travelbypages travelbypages
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Dustin Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

INT:

tags
TL;DR ...
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver reluctantly joined Calla on the couch, perched with his knees to his chest and almost curled into a ball. “...Dustin is dead.” He said flatly. He was still struggling to process the weight of what he’d been told had happened. For all he had endured, the young teen had never expected that he might lose a friend to such a gruesome and untimely death. He’d always assured himself, naively, that he would be the first of his friends to die. After all, he was the one who had been abused and neglected for his entire life, the one who was literally left behind in a burning building by his family, the one who’d been homeless for nearly a month afterwards. If any one of his friends was going to be shot to death by some meth head, it was easy to assume that it would be himself. It just didn’t make sense to him that someone would go after Dustin.

At this point, a more socially aware boy might have clued in that Ashley might not be telling the truth. As kind as Ashley usually was with Oliver, she was also a known troublemaker and thick as thieves with local rabid delinquent Ivy Dawkins. It was very much in her character to make off-color jokes, but Oliver was nearly always blindsided by them. Oliver himself was earnest to a fault in everything he ever said or did, and often struggled to recognize when others were being facetious or sarcastic.

“Dustin is dead,” he repeated under his breath a few times, seemingly unable to prompt himself to share any more. It didn’t occur to him that Calla might not know who Dustin was, but he was keenly aware of the fact that he needed to give her more details. The words just wouldn’t form properly. He tried to tell her that Dustin had been shot, that Ashley had told him everything, that no one was talking about it, that he was pretty sure the police did it, but all he could get out was a weak groan. He’d started repetitively hitting the side of his head with his wrist, not realizing yet that he was doing so. Evidently, that wasn’t helping him explain either…

code by valen t.

MOOD: flustered

OUTFIT: Fall Flannels

basics
MENTIONS:
Isa r e i r e i
Dan travelbypages travelbypages

INT:
Ronan Myling Myling

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

When Max’s father came to pick him up from Carson’s house early in the morning on November 1st, Max immediately knew he wasn’t just going to be going home after his latest breakdown.
“This is for your safety, Max…” his father signed to him through the rearview mirror as they pulled up outside the emergency room. “I can’t trust you like this. I feel like the next time you run away might be the time I don’t find you. You can’t die on us, kiddo. I can’t let you do that.”
Those words cut to the core, like the tears in his parents’ eyes when they signed their names on that familiar pink sheet of paper that sentenced him to a 72-hour minimum psychiatric hold.

He’d been through this before, once. Under much worse circumstances.
Max didn’t remember much of his first trip to Anchor Bay Memorial Hospital’s pediatric psych unit back in March. He’d been dizzy and disoriented after days in the ICU, harried by questions from doctors and nurses and social workers before they could even get an interpreter up on the ward for him. For the first several days, he’d been unable to communicate much with his providers or participate in groups… he hadn’t told any of his friends where he was, for fear of what they’d think of him if they found out what he’d done. So he had been alone, totally alone, except for his roommate Dan.

He and Dan had gotten to know each other passing notebooks back and forth in their hospital room. Max didn’t know much about Dan’s mental health, but he learned that Dan was frequently a patient on the unit. There were a handful of kids there who seemed to find themselves sectioned and in crisis time and time again. And for Max, who was here for the first time, it was almost a relief to know he wasn’t the only one who didn’t know why he kept struggling despite the support surrounding him.

Surely enough, Dan was there when Max found himself being wheeled up through the long linoleum hallway of the psych ward for the second time. It was easier going through it with a friend. He was there for a little over a week, until his team was confident he was stable and safe enough to return home. As soon as he got handed his discharge papers, he ran back to Dan and promised him that the next time they were together, it wouldn’t be in the hospital.

Even with all of that a week or so behind him, things hadn’t quite yet returned to normal. He’d been seeing a therapist again, this time one that Lemon introduced him to. His previous experiences with therapy had ranged from embarrassing to traumatic, but Dr. Bennet was… cool. She was deaf, like him, the only deaf doctor he’d ever met in his whole life. And though he was sure he’d never accomplish anything close to half of what she’d done, he was now sure that it was because he was stupid and airheaded, and that being deaf wasn’t what was holding him back.
Dr. Bennet, kindly, told him to stop calling himself stupid.
And finally, after what seemed like a century, Thanksgiving had rolled around. Max’s family’s usual Thanksgiving festivities with the Lees and the Matthews had been canceled for the first time in years, given that all three of the families were in the middle of deep chaos. So instead, the Berkowitzes had decided upon a quiet family affair. Max had been allowed to invite Dan over. It would be the first time his hospital friend had been to Anchor Bay as a visitor and not as a patient.

He was waiting in his room for Dan to arrive, mindlessly running his fingers over the leaves of the large fern next to his desk, when out of the corner of his eye, Max saw his bedroom door slowly swing open a bit. Expecting Dan, he turned around with a friendly wave, a bright smile forming on his face before it almost instantly fell apart when he met the dark eyes looking back at him.

His heart dropped into his stomach.
Ronan.
His friend– no, his boyfriend, the person he’d sworn to love and keep safe. What was Ronan doing here now, after Max had failed him so badly that Ronan hadn’t even told him what he’d done wrong?

“Ronan…” The name sign Max had given him opened across his palm,

He wanted to talk? Max turned pale, nervously biting into his lip. He and Ronan hadn’t spoken since Halloween, when Ronan blocked him and suddenly left their house, saying cryptic and terrible things about how he had done something wrong, how he wasn’t good enough to be around Max and his family anymore…

“Sure.” Max nodded delicately, stepping into the room to allow Ronan inside and gently closing the door behind them. He tried to keep his appearance calm and his face straight, but his hands were shaking as he pulled out his desk chair for Ronan to sit. He didn’t know what it was that Ronan had come here to say, but he could feel it.
Ronan wanted to break up officially. That had to be it. He’d just come here to tell Max that they were over, and then he’d leave and never talk to him again. Yet again, Max had screwed up so badly that he was losing a friend. Failing as a lover was one thing… but Max had failed as a person. He’d failed the most fundamental test of morality and now he was losing Ronan the same way he’d lost Isa before. This was it. He was going to lose all his friends. He was going to die alone. It was all going to be over as soon as Ronan said the word.

code by valen t.

Hudson Green
H5Eu.gif

Hudson could tell he was giving off some awkward vibes around her dad. Though he knew it wasn't because his personality was bland, it was literally just because he was meeting the girls father. Normally Hudson wasn't this person but everything about Bri brought out a different side of him that he didn't know he had. Where he was normally outgoing and energetic, with her he was nervous and almost shy. At the mention of going outside, Hudson stood almost immediately, "yeah today's pretty nice out." He pointed out to the girl. He wasn't sure of the look her and her father shared but it only made him more nervous as they made their way outside.
The boy was almost instantly more comfortable once they were out of her dads view. He could see her surveying where they should take a seat and followed her to the porch swing, laughing slightly when she took a seat and her feet couldn't reach the ground. Sitting down beside her, Hudson easy pushed the swing back and forth lightly. Going fast on the swings always did make him dizzy so he chose to take it easy. "I like the yard." He told the girl. From what he could tell her and her dad were the ones to put love into the surroundings whereas at his house his family had gardeners to do all the work. It made him a little sad to realize how little effort his parents put into their home but at the same time he knew his mom didn't do much of that sort of thing because she focused more on raising him and Odi.
At the girls words he couldn't help but feel a little sad. After he had failed his senior year he was struggling to keep friends his age because now they were leaving to do better things or focusing on their adult lives. Hudson, on the other hand, was stuck in Anchor Bay, still in school. While he still had his few closer friends he felt like bugging them would be too much as they were now "adults" working on their own lives... He didn't want to burden anyone or make anyone feel bad that he had been left behind. "I don't think you're odd Bri... Quiet yes, but not odd." He told the girl truthfully. It's not like she ran around like the weird wolf kid, or collected living bugs. For the first time, Hudson reached over to take the girls hand, lightly running his thumb over her knuckles, "don't ever think you have something to worry about around me."

Paris Goulding
26246ef4bb46e47329fb754dfe850b3f20954a20.gifv

When Paris opened the door, the last person she wanted to see was leaning against the doorway waiting. She couldn't handle this so the cold glare at Apolla was all she could muster before her eyes fell to the floor. She hadn't expected the other girl to care enough to come to the bathroom and the little gesture gave her some hope. Knowing Apolla though, it was just to get into her head. She didn't want to talk to this girl, she didn't want to even be in Anchor Bay for the holiday... But when Apolla slipped her finger under Paris' chin, she couldn't ignore the little flutter in her chest. Now brave enough to look the girl in the eyes, she didn't let her gaze show any emotion.
"You're so pretty when you cry baby girl" What the hell was that supposed to mean? Narrowing her eyes some, Paris stood a bit straighter to look a little less pathetic as she addressed the girl, "you do this to me, you make me cry." Paris told her. She didn't want Apolla seeing these emotions. She wanted to look like she didn't care anymore... But Paris knew that Apolla could never leave her heart or her mind. They had too much history and it was all still on going. The love, the hurt, the off again and the on again. It was just their dynamic and Paris, being as weak as she was, was never able to stay away no matter how badly Apolla hurt her or how harsh Apolla's words were.
As Apolla's hand went from Paris' face to her hip, her breath hitched a little. She didn't want to be weak... But it was Apolla... Leaning into her touch some, Paris backed up as Apolla pushed into the washroom, the door closing behind them. When she was against the counter, she could feel her heart racing and if any doctor were to listen to it, it'd probably sound like a marathon were taking place inside her chest. She was weak for the woman who was trapping her against the counter, "no, I don't. I only want you to touch me... But that's what's hypocritical about this huh? You get whoever you want, but when it comes to me... I can't have anyone else." Paris said, her tone a little threatening. "That's why I'm done, Apolla. I bet you don't want anyone to touch me when it comes to tattoo's because you think I'm your property or something." She said to the girl, her tone meaner than it had ever been towards Apolla.
With how close the two were, Paris knew this was another one of Apolla's games to intimidate her, she wouldn't let Apolla do that, Paris wasn't scared of the girl. To hopefully drive her just as crazy, Paris looked at Apolla's arm as she lightly ran her nails up her arm, to her shoulder, and down her side to lightly grab Apolla's hip and pull her closer so their bodies were now touching. She wanted to drive Apolla crazy one last time.
Mentions: ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Bristol Ricci

As the two sat on the swing Bristol really didn’t know what to say, she was comfortable sitting in silence as Hudson got the swing moving. She looked up for a second as he spoke, and he was one of the first to not think of her as odd and it sent a flutter into her chest. Something she had never experienced with another person. As his hand took hers, she stared at it. His hand was so much bigger than hers, but his touch was soft against her knuckles, and she had no idea how to respond. She didn’t want to pull away, but this was something she had never experienced with anyone. Her brain was struggling with the words to convey how to respond to his niceness, he was being a good friend and she was beginning to feel like she was being rude for not responding.

Why was this where she struggled? Why couldn’t she ever get the words out to express herself? Why was her stomach feeling like she was going to puke? She would start to think about saying something and then her brain would stop her telling her each and every word was stupid. Why would anyone treat her so nicely when she never felt like she truly deserved it? How could she even contradict Hudson? He didn’t know how others saw her, how they spoke of her not only behind her back but even to her face? He had friends and people liked him. She was quiet, boring, nothing special.

Finally, her eyes lifted back to look at him, she was so relieved that he was still watching her letting her process and there was no annoyance in his face. He was something only few others had been, which was patient. “You make me feel normal.” She let herself say the words without fear of ridicule because he did. He made her feel like for once she could be herself even if quietly. She let her fingers slide into his hand in comfort. He was comfort for her.

She knew there was the food still in the oven, but her alarm hadn’t gone off yet, so Bri wanted to spend time with Hudson in silence. Letting herself figure out her thoughts and feelings. But her smile towards the taller boy was genuine. Her happiness was genuine, and she wasn’t always able to feel happiness with others. She never felt comfort around most people besides her dad. So her happiness was genuine and though she was quiet she didn’t feel like she needed to speak for once.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

Hudson Green
8de555903c7fd25af7ff55e8d1f43bc38304b2e7.gifv

Hudson quietly watched the girl to see her reaction for holding her hand and if he was reading her right, she was processing how to handle the situation. He'd learned that she can get overwhelmed with new things, like when they had their first skateboarding lesson. Often times she enjoyed what they did but this time he worried he might've overstepped. She must like him though... Right? Like she had been spending a lot of time with him and even invited him to her home. Quietly, Hudson just patiently waited for her response. Their personalities were so different yet Hudson was slowly learning hers.
Watching, he waited until the little battle in her head ended and she finally responded, "You make me feel normal." Her response broke his heart a little bit. From the way she acted, her quietness, he knew she'd faced a lot from the people she was surrounded by and he knew he never wanted to feel that way around him. Her smile though, helped him relax some and he moved a little closer to her, "Bristol, I like you, a lot... I don't ever want you to feel not normal around me..." With that, Hudson moved his free hand to lightly rest on her cheek as he leaned in to press his lips to hers. The boy let the kiss linger a little but not wanting to scare her off or get caught by her dad, he parted his lips from hers and sat back in his spot, again waiting for her reaction.
He was confident she liked him back the same way and prayed she didn't freak out. But he only looked at the girl with kindness in his eyes. He really did like the girl though, like a lot, and even if the kiss and him making it clear to her that he liked her was a flop he did hope they could be good friends still. He enjoyed being around her. She felt a little less like the chaos his school and family displayed. Where he didn't feel like he really belonged anywhere he hoped she felt like he belonged with her.

MOOD: Nervous, guilty, disappointed in himself

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
none

INT:
Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR After hiding a while Ronan has gained all his strength to face the Berkowitzes and confess to Max about the cheating.
tl;dr
Ronan Chanthara
"You’re in a relationship to be happy, to smile, to laugh, and to make good memories. Not to constantly be upset, to feel hurt, and to cry."
As Max signed Ronan’s name, he just nodded, barely looking at his boyfriend’s eyes. The smile on Max’s face had now completely vanished. Ronan didn’t know who he had assumed to see, but he couldn’t help but feel sorry for the disappointment his arrival had caused. However, he couldn’t blame Max. He too would feel disappointed to see someone who would block him and avoid him without telling anything. And to think it all would only take a turn for the worse. It felt so extremely difficult to face the other boy after what he had done but Ronan knew he had to do it. Tell Max why he had blocked him and avoided him. Tell Max what the vague explanations about Ronan doing something horrible were about. “Sure.” Max nodded delicately to Ronan’s request about having a talk.

He stepped aside, allowing Ronan inside the room. As Max gently closed the door behind them, it really hit Ronan that they were all alone. The will to run was back. Maybe it would be better to do that. Better to run away and to not tell Max about the cheating. Ronan knew how much the knowledge would hurt Max, but what he didn’t realize was that the uncertainty was just as hurtful. He could tell the other boy tried to keep his appearance calm and his face straight, failing miserably. His hands were shaking so much as he pulled out his desk chair for Ronan to sit. Seeing Max like that made the guilt grow bigger in Ronan. If he was already like that how much worse he would be when Ronan would finally open his mouth and admit his wrong doings.

He hesitantly sat on the desk chair, still having his gaze away from his boyfriend. Instead it was locked in his own hands that were resting in his lap. Ronan didn’t know where to start. He didn’t know what were the right words to start his confession. Should he somehow prime what was to come or just blur it out? He didn’t know. But what he knew was he should just get over it and say it. Ronan took a deep breath and let his velvety brown eyes face Max’s blue ones. He opened his mouth but no words came out. “I… I’m just so sorry.” He was eventually able to say but he couldn’t stop his voice cracking a bit. As Ronan spoke he kept trying to sign every word.

Sorry was some of the first words he had learned in ASL but he didn’t know there would be an occasion where he would need it this much. He cleared his throat in order to not make his voice crack again. “Maybe you should sit too before I tell you everything?” Ronan suggested trying to keep his appearance soft and friendly. Despite his efforts, he just looked very guilty and nervous. Ronan didn’t know how to sign the sentence so he just pointed to the bed and motioned with his hands that Max should sit on it. He waited for his boyfriend to sit before starting to talk. He tried his best to stay calm. “At the Halloween party something bad happened.” Ronan started, signing every word he said out loud to his best abilities. “I did something bad.”

“I.. I saw Jesse there. He dragged me with him wanting to talk and I was dumb enough to let him.” Ronan kept a small pause before continuing his speech again. “I… I Didn’t know it would lead to it.. I just didn’t want to cause a scene.” Ronan started to feel his eyes burn, but he refused the tears. The more he talked the more difficult it became to sign out the words. He had learned some ASL because of Max, but his knowledge and vocabulary of it was still quite limited. “I shouldn’t have gone to the party at all. I shouldn’t have done what I did. I feel so guilty and disgusted in myself I don’t know how to handle it. I can’t believe I was so fucking stupid. I don’t deserve you. I really don’t deserve you.” The words just kept coming fastly, so fastly it was impossible for Max to read his lips. Ronan wasn’t able to keep his calm anymore, the burning sensation in his eyes was back. He would cry any minute.

Halfway Ronan stopped signing the words, instead his hands went on his face to swipe away the tears falling down. But it was useless. His cries were loud and ugly, and they wouldn’t stop so easily. He had to take a pause before continuing. “I did it with Jesse. I had sex with him.” That sentence Ronan was able to sign fully. His gaze was back at his own hands. He didn’t want to look at Max. He didn’t want to face the consequences and see just how badly he had hurt the other boy. “I… I need to get my stuff and leave. I understand you don’t want to see me anymore.” Ronan said slowly as he got up from the chair. He wanted to leave so badly, but he knew he couldn’t just leave right after dropping the bomb. He needed to face the consequences of his actions.
code by valen t.

Avoiding Milo was a lot harder than Donna thought it would be. She'd find herself numerous times reaching towards her phone to text him and at the last minute, she'd decide against it. Donna didn't like where it was headed, she didn't want to tease the boundaries of her relationship with Milo. The last time she did that with someone she ended up exposed beyond what she wanted to be.

She was putting the finishing touches of her makeup when she heard her aunt talking to someone. They weren't expecting anyone as they both didn't celebrate American Thanksgiving. Donna was making her way out of the house, again to avoid Milo, but also to forget that her house stood so empty when this was supposed to be a time of get togethers with family.

She grabs her purse before making her way down the stairs, the heels of her shoes leaving an echoing sound the more she descended. She's placing her phone in her wallet as she gets closer to the door. It takes her a second to notice Milo standing in the foyer.

Oh, Milo. He's She shrinks into herself her hands slipping into the pockets of her dress. He looked so handsome standing next to her aunt, his dark hair swooped across his forehead, falling gently into his eyes. His jacket hid his tattooed arms which she usually loved glancing over, but in that moment she could only see the tattoos on his hands.

She missed looking at him. She didn't want to. But she missed him.

What're you doing here? She tried

mood: anxious; confused; conflicted

outfit

playing:
Cuz I Love You

by:
Lizzo

mentions: N/A

interactions: Milo

tags: .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Extremely nervous

OUTFIT: Outfit

basics
MENTIONS:

None

INT:

.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
tags
TL;DR Niila is going to have a Thanksgiving dinner in order to meet Arthur’s grandparents for the first time
tl;dr
Niila Ahonen
"I will vanish away if I don't get 100 % of your love."
Niila smiled as he heard his name said in the sweetest voice by Arthur. She gave him a kiss in return and it was able to make the Finnish boy a little more relaxed. Only a little bit, but still more relaxed. The ”oops those flowers aren’t for you” fiasco made Arthur just giggle out loud, and Niila was happy to realize it hadn’t made his girlfriend upset. The girl calmly said her grandma would love the flowers, before handing the bouquet back into his grasp. “I hope so too.” Niila answered.

"Niila, you'll be fine. I'm right here. There's nothing to worry about. I love you, that's all that matters." Arthur said in a loving tone and her words really meant a lot to Niila. The kiss Niila felt on his lips was soft and full of reassurement. Everything would go all right. After the kiss Arthur took his free hand and started to lead him inside.

Arthur closed the door behind, locking it as she told him to take off his shoes or her Jii-san will get mad. Niila simply nodded. In fact, taking your shoes off while visiting someone’s home was a Finnish custom as well, but it didn’t feel like the right time to blur out some random Finland facts. Besides, after spending his past months in the States, he had become accustomed to the fact that he didn’t need to take his shoes off in every place he visited.

Arthur’s grandma appeared to be in the kitchen, almost finished with cooking. The air was filled with different delicious fragrances, and that was enough to make Niila think the food would be amazing. He could pick out some of the fragrances like fish, rice, and tea. Since Niila was from a multicultural family, Finnish and Thai, the smell of the food reminded him a bit of Thai cuisine. However, he had never had proper traditional Japanese home cooking, so he was excited to see how it would taste and how much it would differ from Thai food.

"Kare wa koko ni imasu! Sobo, this is Niila." Arthur introduced Niila to her grandmother. The elderly looked at him with a slight smile, wiping her hands on a kitchen towel. For a second Niila’s hands slashed the air as he was unsure what to do with them: whether to go for a handshake or a hug. Maybe a wave? Honestly he didn’t know. However Niila didn’t have time to do anything more, when he felt a pinch on his cheek followed by a hug from the elderly lady. Instead of a handshake or a hug the older woman pinched his cheek before giving him a hug.

"Don't look so uptight hm? I hope you came with a big appetite." Arthur’s grandma said with a thick accent. But Niila could understand her perfectly despite the accent. He himself didn’t pronounce every word in perfect English but had a faint of finnish accent, which he was anxious about. SOmething in the older woman in front of him made Niila feel relaxed and homey. She seemed to be just as sweet as Arthur had told him. “Yes. Despite my size I have a good appetite.” Niila laughed a bit at her words, but soon his face would go back to its normal, serious state.

Niila had been so focused on the interaction with the older woman, that he didn't even notice Arthur’s grandpa coming into the kitchen. "So you're the guy she's been talking about for so long?" The older man said with a raised eyebrow. Niila gulped a little bit, while trying to not make it obvious he was intimidated by the older man. “Yes, that’s me! I’m the guy.” The boy said out loud, ready to hit himself. What the hell was he even saying? At the same instant Arthur told her grandpa to be nice and ask his questions later. “No, No. It’s fine I was prepared to be asked some questions.” Niila said, trying to force a friendly smile on his lips.

For the whole time the bouquet of flowers had just hanged in Niila’s free hand. He had totally forgotten about them. “Umm.. These are for you.” Niila said to the older woman while pushing the bouquet closer to her. He immediately started to worry if the flowers weren’t good. Maybe he shouldn’t have bought them from a grocery store but a proper flower boutique… well it was too late now. The woman took them with a smile, if they were disappointing she at least wasn’t showing it. “Could you put these in a vase?” She said to her granddaughter after thanking the boy. Niila hoped the vase wouldn’t be anywhere far since he didn’t feel ready to be left alone by the two elderly people in front of him.

It was a little harder for Diana to get out of bed that morning. She always dreaded this day every year, ever since her dad passed away that Thanksgiving afternoon.

Her relationship with her dad growing up was a lot better than the one she had with her mom. She was the youngest of five children with fairly large age gaps in between. Instead of her mom doting on her because she was the youngest, it was quite the opposite. Gabriel was the one that showed up to her games, took her out for ice cream whenever she had a good report card, and was the best dad any kid could ask for.

When he died, Diana shut down. Her grades slipped for the rest of the semester, she ended up quitting the middle school basketball team, and then her and her mother had gotten into a lot of fights. Which was how Diana ended up in Anchor Bay, her older brother thought that her life could turn around if he stayed with her. When she first moved up to Anchor Bay, she hated it. And she was mad at her mom and her older brother. Looking back at it now, she knew it was the best thing for her.

Doesn't mean that she was able to move on from her father's death. She had somewhat lost both her parents when her father died, and it was unfair for Diana to group up without any real parental guidance. Her brother could only do so much, but by then he already had three kids of his own. Her mother was trying now to be there for her daughter more, but Diana feels likes it was a little too late. The relationship was better, but the singer knew that if her father was still around, they'd have a closer relationship.

She was going to spend the day sulking around the house, probably stay in bed all day and eat ice cream. Usually the Matthews siblings would all get together and do a little memorial for their dad, but Abraham was working at the station tonight, Ben said one of his kids had a fever and his husband was out of state, and Olivia was of course overseas with her husband. Diana was alone for this one. Maybe she'd call Young and spend the rest of the evening with him if he was free.

She didn't know what time it was, but she was starting to get hungry. Pulling herself out of bed and out of her dark room. When she makes it down to the kitchen, two of her roommates are already in there. It was Oliver and Calla. It seemed like Oliver was going through some crisis and it worried her a little bit. She knew Oliver through her twin niblings, and he had joined the Matthews for dinner a few times, but Diana did not know what she was supposed to do in this situation. Oliver, are you okay. In a hesitate manner, she tries to place her hand on his shoulder. Ollie? She says one more time before turning to her other roommate. Calla, what's wrong?

mood: upset-ish; bashful; conflicted; overwhelmed

outfit

playing:
wipe your tears

by:
halsey

mentions: Young

interactions: Oliver, Calla

tags: travelbypages travelbypages

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

lion. lion.

º º code by ditto º º

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */

mood nervous

location Donna's place

outfit outfit

fun fact He likes his hair too be played with, but only by certain people

tag ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Milo Brooks

/* ------ right side ------ */

Milo wasn't expecting Donna to pop up behind her Aunt,but his eyes made their way over to her as if there was a gravitational pull. He swore his heart stopped for a moment. He even forgot how to speak. He missed her. He missed her so much that he was starting to scare himself. The way she looked, the way her eyebrows crinkle when she's concentrating, the way...she looks at him. Everything.

"I'm here to come and get you. We have to go" he said as he didn't feel like her aunt should be listening in on the conversation. He turned to the older woman with a slight smile. "It was nice meeting you" he said before backing up to let Donna have space to go out the door. She looked like she was leaving to go do something, but that didn't matter to him in that moment. Their talk was important to him.

How am I going to even start this conversation? What if she tries to leave I...I just have to suck it up. She deserves to know everything even if it amounts to nothing in the end.. but I am crossing my fingers.

Milo would follow Donna down the front of her house, it seemed like her aunt was watching for a minute. Milo knew he looked intimidating, but was it that bad? He shook of that thought and opened his mouth to get he attention.

"Donna.." he said, stopping at the end of the driveway. "What did I do? Why.. why did you stop talking to me?" He asked, his brown eyes stayed looking at her just in case if this would be the last time..

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Screenshot_20220420-151802_Google-cropped.png

@OliWantACracker

Interactions : Winona

Mentions : ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

• O L I V E R • S A S A K I •

Oliver saw the door opening and was relieved it was Winona. He gave a soft smile as he glanced over at her. They haven't seen one another since that day at the hospital. Of course when they exchanged numbers he texted her to make sure everything was okay. He wasn't just going to leave her feeling all those strong emotions alone. He knew what that was like and if he could help her not feel those even for a second he would try.

He then looked down her hand and put his bag down on the porch before pulling her into a tight hug. One hand was at the small of her back and the other was the back of her neck. "A handshake? I feel like we are passed that.." he said to her. It took him a couple seconds to let go and grab his bag off the floor.

"You look better. I was worried about you" he said, handing her the food he brought. "It's banana pudding. It's not much, but it's something I hope?" He told her.

Something about that house made him feel warm and welcomed when he walked in. There wasn't a cold glare, no silence. He could hear laughter. It was like when it was just him and his grandfather would celebrate. The good times..

All you gotta do is not cry at all during dinner and you'll have succeed Oliver. Don't do it. Today you are supposed to be happy.

Outfit

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

MOOD: silly goofy mood

OUTFIT: Sheep Sweater

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Carson Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR Ivy's antics continue at the sleepover party
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

It should surprise no one that Ivy’s foster placement with the Clarks was short-lived. By the middle of November, the teenage gremlin hastily packed up her belongings and found herself dropped back in the foyer of the Pinkerton Home for Girls. Neither her social worker nor any of the residents of the fusty old foster youth establishment seemed particularly happy to see Ivy, certainly not her once-again roommate Allison who nearly choked on a Hot Pocket and ran out of the room when she saw Ivy strut her way in.

Ivy’s self-esteem was unshaken by this lukewarm welcome. She quickly made herself right at home again by hiding an array of plastic bugs and dinosaurs underneath Allison’s bedsheets as a housewarming surprise.

Ivy was used to this cycle, and everyone else was too. Kids who weren’t going to be returned to the custody of their birth parents rarely made it out of the system. Very few were interested in adopting teenagers, especially teenagers with a track record of behavioral issues and petty crime as long as Ivy’s was. She had long since made her peace with the reality that she’d be aging out of the system in a few years, and her outlook on life after that was grim. But instead of being all mopey and pathetic like Allison, Ivy intended to burn herself out as quickly and as chaotically as possible. In the meantime, though, she enjoyed the simple material pleasures of life, like alcohol and stolen boats and spending holidays with her various friends around town.

She rejected the very principle of Thanksgiving being a family holiday. Family was for squares. To her, Thanksgiving was an excuse to eat Carson’s food and enjoy a night outside of the mildewy craphole she was supposed to be staying supervised in. Adjusting the collar of her oversized brown sweater emblazoned with little sheep, she smiled at herself in the cracked and fingerprint-stained mirror hung on the wall of her shared room before turning and skipping out the door just fast enough to avoid any staff who might try to stop her from going out unattended. Ivy had become a master at evading the rules over the years.

Luckily, Carson didn't live that far away. On the way to the apartment, Ivy passed by the burned-out lot where one of the older, crappier apartment complexes once stood. Part of Ivy would always rue the fact that she'd missed the chance to watch the blaze... she'd heard it was quite a spectacle. A firefighter got stabbed or something. What kind of crazy crackhead stabs a firefighter in a burning building?

Trotting up the stairs in Carson's building until she found the right door, Ivy prepared herself with a deep breath for her usual bombastic entrance. “It is I,” She declared loudly, kicking open the unlocked door and striking a pose. "I AM HERE TO BE FED." her volume crescendoed to an ear-piercing pitch that could be most likely be heard a block away, much more than was needed to alert Carson of her arrival. Impatient for her promised rewards, she followed the smell of cooking to the small kitchenette.

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back