• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Processing. . . .

outfit: covers

mood: euphoric

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur couldn't explain how she was feeling other than bliss. She'd never thought sharing her thoughts, her voice, her body- everything could feel this euphoric.

She didn't feel used. She didn't feel like she wanted to rush anything to get it over with. She didn't feel like an object that someone will put to the side after they are done with her. It wasn't like that and this is really the first time she is seeing it doesn't have to be like that.

Even if Niila doesn't feel the same as Arthur she wouldn't want any other person to share this time with. He was special to her and if she was the only one to see this side of him well.. she wouldn't be mad at that.

As her head was laying on his bare chest she was drawing circles with her fingers until they traced up to his jawline and started to run through his damp dark hair. Her glazed over caramel eyes were now scanning her lovers face. "Niila.." she said sweetly,her face glowing with happiness only Niila was capable of giving her.

"You really are perfect.. to me. I wouldn't change a single thing about you and I just--"

I love you so much that right now I can barely breath and I have butterflies in my stomach all the time..

"--I felt like I needed to tell you.. since you're one of the best things to happen to me" she said to him as they cuddled on her bed. Was she embarrassed? Yes. Was her face red? Yes it was. Was her heart beating fast just from feeling his skin on hers? Yes. However she still had enough courage to look at him. To look at the man she loved.

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

MOOD: heartbroken

OUTFIT:

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.
Isa r e i r e i
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Tatum
Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Chance
Mariah tamarapasek tamarapasek
Jenny Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve told you”
Max only stared back at Harper, watery blue eyes saying everything his hands couldn’t bring themselves to.
Sorry?
Why was she sorry?
Was she sorry that he was upset, sorry that she hid this from him, or was she just sorry she’d been caught?
How long had his best friend been planning to lie about this? It wasn’t as if Max deserved to know, but Zach… Zach was the first person he’d ever had to call a friend. And this is what Zach wanted: not just to take Harper for himself, but he had fought so hard to push Max out of the way,, as though Max were some kind of competition that Zach had to do away with. He made him lie to their fathers. He humiliated him during the camping trip. Everything Zach had done this summer, it was all to make him look stupid in front of Harper, wasn’t it?
He didn’t have to try that hard, Max thought.
He was already stupid, so painfully stupid… for thinking Harper wouldn’t say yes to Zach.

It was Harper who first taught him there were people out there who would learn his language for him. People who cared that much about what he had to say…
Zach never had. It was almost as though since childhood, Zach took comfort in that language barrier and deliberately held it up between them as a fence. Max spent nine years of his life learning to speak out loud so Zach could understand him, and never expected anyone would do the same. But then Harper came along and changed everything.
And he loved her for that. The kind of deep love that he felt almost guilty for feeling.

And Zach, despite their conflicts and unfair dynamic, was special to him. He’d known the blonde surfer for his entire life and had grown so deeply attached that the thought of losing him felt fatal. Max would have done anything in the world to just make Zach think of him and smile.

For that reason, he couldn’t bring himself to be angry at them for choosing this.
Heartbroken. But it was only fair.
In all this time, he had never forgotten how easily disposable he was. How quickly people could drift off and grow bored of him. How inevitable it was that a time would come where the burden of carrying him as a friend was no longer worth it to anyone, and they would all walk off to find people who brought them real happiness.
Did Max ever make anyone happy anymore?
Or did he just worry people?

The unbearable pain of Lemon refusing to speak to him last year, Tatum disappearing, Isa relapsing… it had driven him to do things he promised he’d never do again.

Yet here he was, with everything crumbling around him again. People walking away without a word. Things had been awkward with Mariah and with Jenny since the party. Winnie barely spoke to him since her injury. Isa seemed to shut him out of her life more and more as she went on reckless benders and planless adventures with other people. Now even Chance wasn’t talking to him.

He moved Harper’s hand from his wrist, his fingers gently lacing into hers for only a moment before he left her hand back at her side.
“Do you want me to leave?” It was all he could do not to beg her to stay.

code by valen t.

The thought of dinner with her family and friends drifted away more and more as she looked at Milo. His laugh brought a chuckle to her lips as he brought himself closer to her. Of course, you’re in trouble, I’m sure there’s like a million people worried about you now.

Donna couldn’t bring herself to be annoyed with Milo even if she normally would be. The two of them were similar and the two of them decided to put up certain images that protected them and didn’t fit the fabric everyone wanted them to fit. This let Donna settle into her skin and her environments a lot better, no one could take advantage of her or use her in anyway. She wondered why Milo did it. When he pats her head she swats his hand away and turns to make her way to the car, he looked like he could manage a bit.

What's that saying you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. I'll take you anywhere you want to go Milo. When she finally turns to look back at him, he's taking off his shirt and ringing the water out. The sight was amusing and made her laugh a little bit, but she couldn't deny the skip her heart did. Milo was attractive. Donna wasn't one to get flustered, and she didn't when she got a glimpse of Milo's bare and tattooed chest, but she had to reposition her feet and force herself to look into his eyes after giving him a quick once over.

I'm supposed to have dinner with the Gomez's since I'm alone for the night. Opening the passenger seat she takes a quick look in to see if she could help him from staying cold. I have a shirt in my car that I wear after practice. It's a little big, it's not mine. She pulls out the newly cleaned shirt, that had some band name on it, the scent that usually stained it since she got it underwhelming to Milo's closeness. Donna pushes the shirt against Milo's chest. Here.

mood: content; mused; a little worried; surprised

outfit

playing:
dreams tonite

by:
alwways

mentions: N/A

interactions: Milo

tags: .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

º º code by ditto º º

Tatum Browne

Tatum watched as Ryker removed his shirt, thoughts racing through her mind as if she didn’t see him without his shirt constantly, but every time she saw him without it she couldn’t help but want him. But they were in public, so she kept herself composed as she took the sunscreen, “It’s going to be cold.” She warned him, she knew how sunscreen worked when it came to going on warm skin and she could feel his body tense and she let the cold lotion hit his body. Her hands were careful as they rubbed against it, making sure she got everywhere before she handed him the bottle, “If you burn, I’ll be shocked. The sun won’t be able to break that barrier.”

She herself removed her shirt to reveal her suit and moved her hair to give Ryker access to her back. His hands were careful as he rubbed the lotion in, “You know if I didn’t know you, I’d think you were lingering a bit too long with this.” She had to tease him, it was fun for her, and he still wouldn’t commit to her so why shouldn’t she tease him? She could feel the warmth of the sun beating against her skin, “So, you ready to teach me how to ride this thing?” she motioned towards the board.

She hadn’t ever been on one, she had witnessed others ride them, but it wasn’t something she had ever participated in. Mostly because she hadn’t really seen a reason, but now she had one. Impress the man teaching her, maybe learning how to surf would make him want to commit to her. He could have any girl after all, and she wasn’t super special to him. Just friends. She wanted so much more from him, but she couldn’t figure out how. Any other guy she could get to commit faster than Ryker and she hated this struggle. Why wouldn’t he just make it official? Was there something about her he didn’t like and wasn’t telling her? Was it only about the sex? Not that it wasn’t good, but why didn’t he want more with her?

Mention(s): Interaction(s): OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves

Lemon Pierce

To say Lemon wasn’t head over heels in the moment with Reid would have been a lie. The way he pulled her into him, and this kiss was different, it was hard to explain and as he pulled away, she couldn’t help but smile at him. Both of them drenched in the rain, hair clinging to them and still Lemon couldn’t help but see Reid as perfect in that moment. As he spun her in circles and danced with her, she couldn’t help but laugh and she was glad to see the annoyance on his face was gone. On the other hand, she knew her mother would be mad about her getting soaked by the rain, some lecture about getting a cold but Lemon didn’t care. It was like a romance movie and Reid made her feel like she was the main character even when she didn’t feel it herself.

Eventually she felt a shiver run through her spine, “Can we ummm go back to your place?” Lemon just wanted more time with Reid, “We could watch a movie.” Though Lemon knew she wouldn’t be watching the movie and that meant picking out something neither of them really cared about. All she knew is if they went back to her house her dad would be watching them like a hawk. He’d act like he was going to his office and then come out for water, then for a snack, then for something else. It didn’t really matter what the excuse was, but Lemon didn’t like the interruption he caused.

Her hand was laced in Reid’s as they walked back to his car. She knew he had to collect the basket and other picnic stuff but the entire time all she could do was stare at him. He made her feel safe, wanted, like she didn’t have to give him anything. It was hard to explain but he had made her feel like what she wanted was important. He even let himself get soaked by the rain all because she wanted to dance in it and have fun with him. How did she finally get lucky enough to be with someone who cared so much?

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    im not getting drunk for the hell of it I'm getting drunk to numb the hell out of it

Milo Brooks

/* ------ right side ------ */

"Worried about me? I feel like it's more worried about what I'd do" he shrugged. That's how he saw it at least. Why would people actually be worried for him? It would have to be more like his actions. If he's die driving his motorcycle and hit other people. If he would get into a fight. If he would get arrested. Things like that, not worried about him as Milo. He knew people wouldn't understand him if he explained so he tried to avoid explain about it. Especially to Donna. He felt like if he talked too much she might not want to be friends with him, but the funny thing about alcohol is that it didn't make him all that quiet.

Milo looked at Dove as she talked about taking him anywhere. "Can't I just sleep in your car then? That's better than being alone at home id think. Plus you won't have to worry about me. It's like a win-win" he said raising his eyebrows at her. Then he noticed her grabbing something from her car. Her practice shirt? He appreciated her kindness at least, but she just probably didn't want him to catch a cold under her care.

When she placed the shirt onto his chest he chuckled. His hand glided against hers. What was it about her touch that made him feel calm? He couldn't focus on that right now. He looked down at her, her chocolate brown eyes, as he opened his mouth. "Thank you Dove.. for all this.. you're the best" he said taking the shirt and putting it over his head so he could wear it. "I wish you'd let other people see you like this, but I guess I can't really say much because I'm the same way" he sighed before slightly wobbling over to the drivers side for to open the door for her. "Why are you alone anyways? Have you seen you Dove? Haaah people these days" he said leaning on the door as he was waiting for her to get into the car so he could close it.

I would say to ditch the dinner, but I'm not that selfish. Just to hang out more with me? That'd actually be kind of pathetic Milo. Plus she is all dolled up. She deserves to actually go out and not be with a drunk fuck like me.

All while he was thinking he didn't really take his eyes off of Donna. He only realized it a couple seconds after she locked eyes with him. He blinked a couple of times and even tried to look somewhere else, but the alcohol didn't help. He couldn't look away from something he was undoubtedly attracted to.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

MOOD: Excited, but guilty

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

Lara tamarapasek tamarapasek

Roslyn Myling Myling

INT:

Astraea Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR: Jed finally meets up with Astraea
tl;dr
Jed Gallinger
If I should wake before I die
Knock me out for heaven's sake

"Hey, gorgeous." Jed strode up to the pretty girl who greeted him at the bar. He met her a couple of months ago and the cute, perky blonde reminded him so much of a young Lara he'd been lurking around her dms ever since. What luck to catch Astraea like this then, fed up with her boyfriend or fling or whatever he was. He didn't mind being a rebound or a way for her to pass the time until she figured things out with the guy she was really into. If he could spend time with a beautiful Lara facsimile, to make her happy and try to charm her the same way he did his darling wife back when they were dating? That wasn't a bad way to spend an evening.

Curling an arm around her waist, he gently pulled Astraea towards him to press a quick kiss to her temple. "Just trying to show you a proper date, right?" He reasoned, handing over the bouquet he held. Jed thought some happy lillies fit her overall personality quite well and might lift her spirits some, the cheerful white flowers complimented by a handful of brilliant blue and purple orchids. "To make up for the crappy ones you've been on lately."

Of course Jed's conscience had to rear its ugly head, always at the most inopportune of times, sending a pang of guilt to jab his insides. Should he be out with another woman like this, after he'd gotten close with Roslyn again as of late? Granted, Jed currently had no clue where he stood with the beautiful artist. Every time they'd fall into a comfortable rhythm, Roslyn would pull away and keep him at arm's length. Leaving Jed to patiently wait it out until she finally let her guard down again. Although he reckoned it made sense that Roslyn would be wary of a serious relationship with him. She knew the man well, she witnessed his marriage to Lara tank spectacularly. Roslyn was kind and nurturing, truly an incredible person, who worked so hard and selflessly to care for her younger brother. Jed knew she deserved better than him, he would just fuck her life up the same way he did Lara's.

And Lara, the love of his life. His heart still ached to have her back, though that ship had not only sailed, but crashed and burned. And Roslyn was Lara's good friend after all. Of all the shitty things he'd done over the last couple years, it was truly reprehensible to pursue his ex's bestie, and Jed knew Roslyn must have the same reservations. Did he really need to give Lara one more reason to hate him?

Jed let his hands rest gingerly at the blonde's hips, cradling his chin on her shoulder to playfully peek at the glass sitting on the bar before her. "What are we drinking?" He asked. As the barkeep wandered over, he took a step back to instead face Astraea, ordering another drink for her and the same for himself. "So, you feeling any better yet?" Jed asked with a mischievous grin, pausing to gulp down about half his vodka tonic in one go. "What else can I do to cheer you up? That's what I'm here for."
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Smitten

OUTFIT: Punk tshirt, banana shorts

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Jo tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR: Beach stuff
tl;dr
Alexei Milyukov
My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury
Or wear as jewelry, whichever you prefer
Alexei couldn't help but grin adoringly at Josephine's cute giggles, continuing to sprinkle little kisses over face as she spoke. "The movies! Yeah, of course, princess," He nodded, absently wondering what movie would be playing. Not that they'd likely be seeing much of it. The drive-in would no doubt be far less populated than it was on this crowded beach. An environment much more conducive to making out and whatever else they got up to, curled up together under a blanket in the back of his pickup truck.

He feigned an exaggerated gasp when his hand was gently swatted away from her top, face scrunching into a pout. Alexei slowly lowered his head until he faced the curve of her bare hip, and pressed his lips firmly against her smooth skin as if about to kiss her. But instead proceeded to playfully blow on her belly, the flatulent sound that accompanied it mostly drowned out by the crashing surf and lively crowd dotting the beach all around them.

"Whoa, ya hear that? Your stomach is growling," Alexei teased, this time giving her an actual kiss there before rising to his feet, effortlessly pulling Jo up by the hands as well. "Really though, are you hungry?" He asked, curling a finger under her chin to lift her gaze. "Should we go find some food?" He continued, kissing her lips before releasing his gentle grasp on her face. Suddenly feeling like kicking himself at the missed opportunity to prepare some lunch for them and bring it along as a romantic beach picnic. Of course he'd get the bright idea at the completely wrong time; Alexei wasn't always the greatest at planning ahead.

He pulled his tshirt on, then overturned each of his sneakers to dump the sand out and give Jo a moment in case she wanted to throw any clothes on. Alexei let his girlfriend go ahead, lagging a step back just to squeeze her behind with both palms while lovingly kissing her soft chestnut locks. Slipping his hand into hers, he then carried on walking alongside Josephine, heading towards the crowded boardwalk full of little shops and food stands.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Elated

OUTFIT: Black bikini top, neon pink bottoms

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR: Beach day
tl;dr
Tabitha Carter
I wanna do the things that you only read about
The girl's heart skipped a beat when she felt Jacob slip his arms around her waist. She squealed, dissolving into giggles as she was suddenly lifted off the ground. "Hey!!" Tabitha feigned a glare at the boy as he set her down behind him then took off into the waves.

"You jerk!" She laughed, scampering after Jacob, who was already laying back in the shallow water and gloating about his win. The brunette leapt into the surf and hopped into his lap, playfully trying to press the boy's shoulders back into the water as if she intended to drown him.

With her hands resting on his shoulders, her face flushed as she suddenly realized she was straddling his lap. But she made no attempt to get up or move away from him, instead she just felt her heart pounding at how close her face was to his. His gorgeous, sky blue eyes, for the first time close enough to notice the flecks of gold that circled his pupils.

Tabitha let her own eyes fall shut as her face naturally fell towards his. Her lips pressed against his gently, cautiously at first, as if expecting him to pull away at any moment. When Jacob didn't break their kiss, she happily continued, instinctively parting her lips to let her tongue mingle with his. Arms slipping around his neck, she let her hand wander upwards and her fingers gently run through the back of his wet hair.

Still entwined with Jacob, she pulled back slightly to study his face, as if he might look different now. Funnily enough, he did; Tabs could swear he'd grown even more handsome since they shared a kiss just moments ago. "Thanks," Tabitha spoke up softly once she finally found her voice again. Wearing a shy smile, but her gaze never wavered from his. "Ya know, for showing up today."
code by valen t.

MOOD: excited, hungry

OUTFIT: black shirt with a gold necklace

basics
tags
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
vinnie lowes

Vinnie watched his best friend strum out of the room, he could’ve seen it coming, Chance and his love drama. It was nothing new for the Lowes who was standing outside the door, throwing his hands up. ‘Are you serious Chance?!’ The sound of his voice echoed through the hallway before hearing the front door shut with a loud bang.
Vinnie let out a deep sigh as he stroke through his hair, a voice took his attention and as he looked up the black-haired girl who had earlier shut him down walked up to him. Vinnie was fighting the urge to look down at the tanktop she was wearing while she asked him what was going on.

‘I don’t know, he stood up and ran away. Knowing Chance it’s probably another love triangle he caught himself in,’ Vinnie said with a grin as he put both hands in his front pockets. ‘I’m okay, I think I’m just going to go home,’ he added, Vinnie would never admit it but talking to Winona made him nervous. He wanted to ask her how she was doing but knowing Winnie it would only make her more upset so he purposely decided not to.

‘If you want, I bought like two buckets of ice cream so if you want; you like ice cream right?’ Vinnie offered, nodding to Chance’s room. ‘I’m full, so it’s all yours.’ The sudden leaving of his friend had actually made him lose his appetite, he didn't want to go home at all but he wasn't going to wait hours for his friend to come back from either his sudden hook-up or break-up. Something he would probably find out only much later what was the reason why he left at all. Winnie though had too much power over him, her smile, the way she teased him, he wasn't going to survive two hours with this girl without making a move. He just had to be the bigger person and go back to Jenny, maybe he could drop by at her work and say hello. She would love that and so would he, Vinnie had not seen her for two days and was already missing her.

code by valen t.

MOOD: tense; argumentatative; irritated

OUTFIT: Liv Nolan

basics
MENTIONS:
@me (Winnie)

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Jed)

r e i r e i (Isa)

INT:
purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Alistair)
tags
TL;DR
it's tense then Alistair makes it worse
tl;dr
The Marriotts
I'll love you despite whatever crap life might throw our way

To say that it had been tense in the Marriott household was an understatement. However, it wasn't any of their faults this time. Life just happened to want to rip them apart as many things happened around them. Olivia was ready to run away with her husband after ending it with Alistair, she wanted a fresh start and so did he. But then Winnie got hurt and Liv felt as if it wasn't right for them to leave, devoting a lot of her time to her niece. Then things started picking up at her shop and with only three other people working there, she was busy all the time.

And then Nolan got promoted at the fire station so he was at work, constantly trying to learn the ropes of being a lieutenant. Plus keeping a watchful eye over their newly adopted daughter after her almost overdose The situations around them were making them high strung and stressed, not with each other, but with life. But to outsiders, like Isa, it seemed like one thing might make them explode. And that one thing seemed to drop a lot sooner than anyone ever thought.

You can't just let Isa go 2000 miles away with some guy that we've never met Liv! He's not yelling, but he's not exactly speaking in the same soft spoken way he always spoke to his wife. Olivia could feel irritation crawl up her back as she looked at her husband across the kitchen island.

We can't keep her locked away forever Nol, she'll hate us if we stop her from living her life because we're scared.

That's not what I'm saying Olivia, we're both her parents. We need to talk about it together, when it comes to Isa you can't avoid the talks like you usually do.

What the hell's that supposed to mean? She glares at him but he doesn't answer, though she already knew. You can't say anything about our relationship Nolan when you've been seeing Eileen and I've ended it with Alistair.

Well you've made your decision to stay and keep things how they were, so we are! And you slept with Jed last week so you can't really say anything.
The couple are now standing in each other's faces, the tension only getting higher and higher as weeks of turmoil finally boils over.

You can't seriously be mad that I don't want to leave Anchor Bay Nolan. And Jed was nothing. Eileen doesn't seem like nothing! By the end of her sentence she's yelling, her heart is pounding and her eye is twitching, she is angry. And so is Nolan.

Why do you want to stay! His voice now rings throughout the kitchen, subconsciously both parents were glad that Isa was not home. Is it Alistair?!

I can't believe you said that to me.
Liv pushes her husband away, ready to counter his statement when there's repetitive ringing at the door. Liv doesn't move to get it, her anger and sadness keeping her in one spot. Nolan just sighs out, his chest slowing as he's finally able to take a few breaths. Liv wouldn't look at him, but he can see the tears brimming in her eyes in the same way his were. He felt bad, they didn't yell. Not in the five years that they had been married to each other. She felt just as bad and if she could reverse five minutes she would.

Nolan opens the door to a very intoxicated Alistair and he feels his anger flare up again. Speak of the devil. He says under his breath, looking at the shorter man in front of him. Nolan knew his wife had her charms, but he didn't think that it would lead for a man to show up like this on their doorstep. The firefighter doesn't give him another look but heads back to the kitchen where his wife still stood, arms crossed, pout on her face, and a single tear making its way down her face. He's quiet this time, not able to look back up at her. The door's for you.

Okay.
She makes her way past her husband and to the door. The couple were going to need some time apart. When she sees Alistair on her porch, she doesn't know how to feel. The designer was going through a flurry of emotions in that very second and Alistair was like rubbing salt in a wound that was gaping open and flustering with pain. Alistair, what the hell are you doing here? She notices his disoriented state and it makes her even more annoyed, she didn't know what Alistair she was going to get as he stood in front of her. Why are you drunk and on my porch?
code by valen t.

Given Up.

“You can,” he made a dignitary attempt long afterwards she had laid the blanket, outlooking towards the side of the park, to say,“Touch me.”

He wasn’t sure if he meant it or whether he was trying to break that barricade that had kept him from people for so long, but he folded away his shades, put down the basket, and came down to sit a part away from her.

He elicited, “Carson.” And, her real name grew to be a fascination that sounded much different in his mouth, “I like you.”

“I just haven’t gotten a chance to say that with your real name,” said Yohan, a mute smile on his face, “Should I say it again?”

He continued to look at her with those life-sensational brown eyes listening to the mysterious whistling of birds, and rifles of squeals and laughter from children that made his heart unresponsive.

They were not the closest of friends; they were not acquaintances; they could be nothing. He lived an eternity, and so had she. It was comforting to not give themselves a label; why was it that way? Why did it feel so wonderful to think that they were nothing but two geodic visitors of accidental pasts leaning on each other on a late summer day over a checkered blanket in a faultful town.

“There is a theory that you find that the loveliest sound to your mind is your name if it’s said by someone you love and by someone who loves you,” he continued, inspired by that narrative.

His eyes and smile were still on her, chin at full length leaned up over his propped knees, eyes glittering without a wink as strips of sunlight recessing over Carson’s alluring face.

“That’s why once is never enough,” he said, fetching a very serene exhalation, relaxing from the semblance of looking at her innumerably and passionately. Closing his eyes in the process of taking in the sun, he murmured, “Do you believe those theories?”

It was too beautiful—at twenty-three. This peace. He leaned his head spectrally back with ease, his weight distributed outwards onto his palms. When slowly, his eyelids lifted, he was awake towards the blue sky overhead. It was a motionless blue, a rolling blue, larking against the cold walls of his irises.

“It’s a nice day,” he admired quietly, “I could do this everyday if it was always sunny in Anchor Bay.”

Imagining life this uncomplicated- coming out to breathe without having to run beads under his fingers, without running through too many needles or incense sticks, was something else on it’s own.

“Oh,” he said, the pride of being a chef glimpsed through, “And, I hope you’re up for a charcuterie board Carson Hughes.”

mood: loosely collected
on me.

© PASTA

MOOD: Intrusive thoughts...

OUTFIT:

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR Intrusive thoughts suck yo.

tl;dr
Ryker Thompson

"You're more then anything I'll ever need, but I'm so fucked up I can't see it..."

Her touch was light, it was what he needed most in his life, someone to guide him and lead him through it all with unconditional love and Ryker knew Tatum had it. His smile was sweet and gentle, just like the breeze that was coming off the ocean, ruffling his hair but still making the hair on his neck stand like he was some alley cat ready to bolt the first loud noise. “Yeah, let’s do it… Go on and hit the water, I’ll be right there in a second…” His eyes lingered as he watched go, wishing more she could turn so he could see the smile he was falling in love with.

Ryker was in love, very in love, so far in love that he had been drowning before he ever realized it… Swept so far out to sea that he was ninety-nine percent sure that he couldn’t see the shore, even a sliver of it in his gaze. It was a comforting floating warmth that he slept on, especially when she was wrapped up in his arms at night and they were tangled in the sheets. He always wanted to tell her, get on his knees and profess everything he felt for her but… It stopped him, It always stopped him.

It was those intrusive thoughts sewn into his mind, thoughts that had been there since birth and exaggerated since his mom married Matthew. He was nine when they stopped setting a spot for him at the table… His birthday just went by, then another and another… Marianne was born and then it was like he was gone, a ghost in his own home. His room was still there, but bare with the necessary things while the other three children were lavished upon by their parents. Did he have parents? Siblings? Anything? Grandpa was always good to him, would always be good to him, the only father figure. All his life had become was a never ending tilt-a-whirl of drugs, alcohol, sex, fights… Any activity that made him feel something was a drug, the only reason he really escaped that life was his forced move to the US. Even then that was taken over again by motorcycle racing and deep loneliness, a voice that always told him “You’ll be alone” “They will leave you” “You’re not here for their love, just their amusement” “Just a fuck toy to be played then tossed” and then his head was spinning, death knocked at his door when he crashed, then came battering in again when the sepsis took him over.

The bile rose in throat and he realized he was still kneeling on the sand beside his board, both hands gripping it and he wanted to vomit, even though there was nothing inside of his stomach. “Fuck….” He breathed out and ran his long fingers roughly through his hair before he pushed up from the ground, carrying the board under his arm as he jogged down to the water to catch up with Tatum. The blackness in mind was wrestled down and fought away, his eyes filling up with warm affection and his smile became that award winning smile, Ryker wanted to look normal and be normal, but the demons eating his soul were still hungry for more.

“You might fall a lot but I’ll kiss all your boo-boos baby.” He laughed a little and nudged her playfully with an elbow, feeling relief as the water washed over his feet, his ankles, his calves, his knees then his hips. Coolness brought relief to hot skin and Ryker was back in heaven again, even though the claws of the past sunk deeper in.

code by valen t.

mood :
Euphoric, happy

outfit :
mentions :
Arthur

interactions :
.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
Ahonen
;; Niila
Niila didn't know how to explain his feelings. Overjoyed? Happy? Whatever the feeling was, it was strong. So strong words weren't enough to describe it. He loved sharing these moments with Arthur, with his loved one.

He couldn't believe someone as sweet as Arthur cared as much for him as she did. That someone was to accept him just like he was. He didn't need to put on any kind of act. He just needed to be himself, care for Arthur and be cared for by her.

Niila couldn't help but smile big and wide like an idiot. He kept watching his sweetheart in a loving manner. His sweetheart Arthur whose head was laying on his bare chest she. The boy chuckled slightly as his girlfriend's fingers made little circular motions around his body, tracing up his jawline and eventually running through his damp dark hair.

"Yes?" Niila asked with a tone as loving as his gaze once hearing his name slip from Arthur's pouty lips. Her tone of voice had been as sweet as ever. Niila looked at the caramel eyes of his lover with his own chocolatey ones. Her eyes looked pretty in the lightning and her face was glowing with happiness much like Niila's face.

"You really are perfect.. to me. I wouldn't change a single thing about you and I just... I felt like I needed to tell you.. since you're one of the best things to happen to me." the sweet words of Arthur ringed in his ears. Has anyone ever said anything good about him? However, the fact those words came out of Arthur's mouth and not for someone else, made the Finnish one even more happy.

"I'm not perfect." Niila simply blurted out. It wasn't what he wanted to say. What he wanted to say was something just as sweet as Arthur's words. However, no matter how much euphoria and happiness Niila felt, he had difficulties putting the feeling into words. "But I'm glad you think so." He continued talking softly as they cuddled on Arthur's bed.

"I feel the same. Meeting you was one of the best things in my life. You are the one to make my time be worth in here." Niila continued his talk. Talking about his feelings and emotions made him always a little embarrassed. But he didn't mind being embarrassed if it was for Arthur. The couple kept looking at each other lovingly and Niila took it as an opportunity to give a quick kiss. "I really, really care for you. No one has ever made me feel like this." His smile was big and full of love as he said that.

coded by reveriee.

Processing. . . .

outfit: covers

mood: euphoric

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur was speechless. She swore he could feel her heartbeat quicken.In a good way,but still. He was being very vulnerable with her and she didn't want to forget how she was feeling. Her heart sadden just a bit when he said his time here is more worth it with her. Did she think about when he would be leaving? Constantly, no matter how hard she tried to block it out. It was inevitable.

Her caramel eyes matched her warm body that was laid across his. His smile...his everything.

Is it really okay that I can feel like this? Is it okay to allow myself to feel everything with all that I've done?

She kissed him once more, slightly longer than a peck. She backed away only slightly to where his breathing would tickle her lips.

"I really care for you too Niila"

She said it so genuinely she didn't think that was possible. She grazed her nose over his,but this time it was not teasing..or at least she wasn't trying to.

After a bit she melted her body into her boyfriends until she was sound asleep. Well almost sound asleep. She wouldn't know it,but she did say one thing that has been on her mind for weeks. Only in a whisper,but seeing as they were the only ones in the room it was fine enough to hear the words outloud:

"I love you"

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

No, I think I'd be worried about you. Donna didn't like this, even though her towering friend probably wouldn't remember any of this later on, but there was no need for her to coddle him like this or show that if something did happen to him, she'd feel something. The moment that Donna and Milo's hand touched, she pulled away. Her feet taking her a few steps back and her arms crossing against her chest. But she still gives Milo a soft grin to show he'd done nothing wrong.

You can sleep on the living room couch if you don't want to go home Milo, but you're not staying outside and you're not sleeping in my car. When he pulls the shirt over his head, she feels herself relax a little bit, but his next words cause her to tense again. I wish you'd let other people see you like this. She can practically see her brain when she rolls her eyes. I don't have to let people see anything, access to me isn't unlimited. You should see it as the same way, be stingy with yourself.

Donna meets him at her door, the sight of him opening it for her even in his inebriated state amusing her slightly. My aunt's at work tonight, but it's not so bad being alone, it gives me time to think. She shrugs like it's no big deal, but his concern about her being alone made her feel different. She, however, didn't know if it was a good different or a bad different. Get in the car. She nods towards the passenger seat as she settles behind the wheel. When he's sitting beside her, the next question arises for him. Why the welcome sign?

mood: content; mused; a little worried; surprised

outfit

playing:
dreams tonite

by:
alwways

interactions: Milo

tags: .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

º º code by ditto º º

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */

im not getting drunk for the hell of it I'm getting drunk to numb the hell out of it

Milo Brooks

/* ------ right side ------ */

Worried about me? No. No I refuse to believe that. She poetically pities me or something... feels bad badly for me? Definitely not worried.

"Booo, I'm telling you the car would be fine, but...I guess I can settle for the couch. I'll take what I can get at this point" he said running his hands through his dark hair so it could stay out of his face.

"I'm already stingy with myself. If I was anymore than I am now I think I would be in trouble"he started laughing. He probably would be a complete shut in. He doesn't really have many friends now, but he knew if he was worse he'd have no friends at all like when he was growing up.

"Your aunt? Is she going to walk in on me sleeping on the couch and hit me or something?" He said, only a little worried as she started the car. He then turned his gaze to her. He almost forgot how pretty she was because of the alcohol. He didn't even realize how close they were because of how small the car was. He blinked a couple times to make himself not be staring at her and to turn his head the other way.

"Huh? The Welcome sign..we'll I lost track of time while riding.. and I knew if I went any farther I wouldn't know how to get back.. especially drunk like this. And if I needed help nobody would be able to get me off I wasn't in town..kinda dumb huh?" He mumbled the last part while looking out the window.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Somehow Winona had spent 40 minutes together playing video games with one of her brother's best friends. She and Vincent had grown up together since middle school but they weren't that close. She'd call him a friend and could say that she knew him, but before she didn't know him that well. But after sitting in her brother's room spending time together, she could say that she saw Vincent.

He had somehow given a reprieve to what her life had become within the past month and she appreciated it. the stupid jokes he said. His laugh. To the way he taught her how to play FIFA, but then she completely kicked his ass in Mortal Kombat. The affection, the attention, how easy it was to just have fun around him made Winnie's heart plummet into her stomach. And she got nervous when his hand grazed hers slightly when he handed the controller back to her.

The girl didn't know what she was feeling, especially not about Vincent. But laughter never left easier from her lips But sitting next to him and looking at his profile. Had his hair always been so curly? And for the first time she noticed the pink tint of his cheeks. Vincent Lowes was capturing all of Winona's attention and not even the fact that he was her ex's best friend made her hesitate with her next action.

When he looks back to her she takes the risk. And before Vincent could even ask what she was doing, the dancer leans forward and plants her lips on his soft ones.

mood: heartbroken; upset; bored; worried; nervous

outfit

playing:
Overwhelmed

by:
ChloexHalle

interactions: Vincent

tags:
purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: rambling on, need of liquid courage

OUTFIT: a black suit with a striped tie

basics
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
alistair hawley

Nolan had turned away from him, leaving Alistair in the open hallway. He had been over, a few times but most of the time they hung out at his place. The neatly placed shoes by the door and the rain coats hanging on the side just called Olivia’s name, somehow it felt like she always got her shit together.
Her voice was filled with anger and Alistair knew, the way she walked, talk and how she stood before him with no doubt in her mind.
‘Easy question, easy answer,’ he mumbled, still holding on to the doorpost as he held his foot between the door. ‘For you, obviously.’
His eyes were sinking into his skull the longer he stared at Liv and as he tried to put his hands on her hips he almost fell forward. God, this was getting embarrassing.

‘I am sorry, alright? I want us to be together again because I miss you and it’s really hard to find my keys without you,’ Alistair was slurring his words but still managed to put a smile on his face. It sure wouldn’t look as good as it normally did but at least he showed some sign of life.
Just now he noticed the swollen eyes and the moist cheeks, she had cried. Alistair looked worried before rubbing through his hair, he was incapable of asking her about it.
He wasn’t able to drive home but he also didn’t want to intrude though just seeing Nolan’s face made him ball his fists.
‘I think I lost my keys right now actually,’ Alistair slurred as he sat down on his knees, feeling up his pockets but it was obvious he wasn’t going anywhere. The night was over for Hawley and he knew it and he was afraid he might’ve ruined this thing with Liv too.

code by valen t.

Carson Hughes

Carson as much as she was grateful to the date only rolled her eyes at Yohan’s allowance of being touched, she wasn’t about to do something she knew he was uncomfortable with, out in public. Hell, she could tell anytime they were together and somehow, he was someone she felt less and less inclined to sleep with. Not so much out of feelings but out of respect for his boundaries as a person. Maybe she was developing a heart after all.

As her name left his lips her head turned to look up and she could only shake her head as he said he liked her, “No, you like the idea of me. Don’t get them mixed up. You don’t know me just like I don’t know you. You can’t like what you don’t know.” Her words were straightforward but words she lived by. She knew nothing about those she slept with. Except maybe Thad but otherwise she really didn’t know people and she didn’t care to know them. Keeping people at an arm’s length was something she knew how to do at this point and Yohan wasn’t an exception. Sure, he came over to her place, made her food, played video games, saw what she wanted him to see. But he didn’t know her. Her hopes, her dreams, her aspirations, he didn’t know those things and she knew he didn’t care to know them.

The sun was shining down on them and really a more beautiful day couldn’t exist, “You talk a big game for someone who thinks they know love.” Her words fell on deaf ears as he continued to talk, and she continued to listen. The words were pretty, but they didn’t mean much. Maybe because the one time she thought she had felt that it was a lie. Her mind had wandered off for a second until Yohan gathered her attention, “I’m sorry. I don’t believe in theories of love.” She could have gone further into detail, but she didn’t. She ended it as abruptly as he brought it up.

The way he could change a subject was something else, “Has anyone ever told you that you stray off topic easily? Because yes, the day is beautiful, and I love charcuterie boards. You are talking to the queen of having to prepare a charcuterie board for Mildred’s gossip sessions.”

As she looked at the food, she was hungry, but she also felt a weird sense that Yohan was watching her, “Can you not watch as I pick out food? I’m a person not a dog. If you’re concerned with how I should prepare my option, then you can make it.” Carson motioned towards him, “Go ahead, chef. Amaze me with your food.” Why the hell was this a date? Carson was an awful person to date, she had no time for whatever game she could feel Yohan playing with her, but somehow the free food kept her there, on the blanket, questioning every ounce of her sanity.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): lion. lion.

MOOD: Jealous, sad, angry

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ronan Myling Myling

Jean .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

tags
TL;DR: Fuck this shit
tl;dr
Jesse Casablancas
I am a nightmare and you are a miracle
Jesse was sprawled on his bed, tapping idly on his laptop. His mind was elsewhere though, and with a sigh, he stood to replace the PC on his cluttered desk. Swiping his cell from the desk, he once again read through the the latest messages from Ronan until he was so irritated he tossed the phone away in disgust, standing with gritted teeth, fists clenched. Though luckily the device made a soft landing on his bed.

It felt like his blood was boiling at the thought of Ronan canoodling with that surfer douche, even as a pretend, "just for show" boyfriend to pull one over on Ronan's sister. What were they doing right now? Kissing, holding hands? Stealing away to Ronan's bedroom to make it look really believable? Although he'd never admit it, Jesse wanted to be the one Ronan paraded around as his charming, loving boyfriend. In a perfect world, everyone could know his feelings for the other boy; they wouldn't be some dirty secret to be ashamed of or run away from, or hide for his own self preservation.

Jesse couldn't pace around his room any longer. His father was off work for Labor Day, but luckily he was attending some boujie party, mingling with the other yuppies in town. Jesse could walk right out of his room and out the door without running into him and risking another uncomfortable conversation, or worse, his dad in his usual shitty mood, looking for something to take it out on.

The boy ambled right past his car to instead trek down the long driveway on foot, deciding he'd rather roam around to clear his head. Though he had no real destination in mind, he soon found himself walking towards Ronan's apartment. For what, exactly, he had no clue. He wondered if Jean was still there, or if he could catch Ronan by himself. Was Roslyn there too? Maybe he could apologize to Ronan for never being brave enough to own up to who he really was. And tell Roslyn he was Ronan's real boyfriend, and give the other boy such a passionate, screenworthy kiss there would be no doubt who his real lover is. Or more likely he'd just angrily walk by Ronan's building a couple of times, unable to do anything else. It wouldn't be the first time.

Before he even got to Ronan's building, however, he was faced with a sight that made his blood begin to boil over again. Ronan, HIS Ronan, entwined in the arms of that dumbass blonde surfer doucehbag. And he looked so happy, they both did. He wanted to slap the doting smiles off both of their faces. Without another thought, seeing nothing but pure red, Jesse stomped across the street toward the happy couple. "What the fuck is this??" He snarled, not even trying to contain his rage at this point.
code by valen t.

mood :
upset& jealous

outfit :
mentions :
Myling Myling Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

interactions :
Ronan & Jesse
Valentine
;; Jean

Happiness is fleeting. Happiness is just the calm before the storm. And the happier you are, the more you have to lose when it hits. If only Jean knew in just a few seconds the happiness he felt would be gone he would've tried to hold onto it and cherish it longer.

Jean wasn’t one to show tok much emotion. Wasn't one to try and make others worried because he doesn't get that close to people. Ronan..Ronan was different. He came out of nowhere. He had no care in the world and stayed dragging Jean along with him. Jean felt loved. He felt like no matter what he did Ronan wouldn't hate him. He wasn't aware that this thought of love- love as a friend, as family..would turn into something else. He wasn't aware that he would even get jealous of Ronan having a boyfriend until he got Jesse.

Why be with somebody that doesn't know you like I do?

It was a conflicting thought he now often had. Especially hearing Jesse's voice. Did Jean push Ronan away? No. He wasn't embarrassed to have Ronan close to him in public unlike the trash in front of him.

"Oh look who decides to show up" Jean said, eyeing Jesse. "what do you want now huh? Are you trying to show Ronan that soft side of yours that only lasts until you finish?" Jean said, internally furious.

Why did he have to ruin everything? EVERYTHING? God if Ronan wasn't here I'd do worse than yell..

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
mood :
Mixed emotions

outfit :
mentions :
Jean, Jesse

interactions :
.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Chanthara
;; Ronan
"Yees?" Ronan mumbled once he heard his friend mentioning his name. He had a bright smile curled up on his lips. The two boys were still close to each other, still middle of their hug. "It's wrong,isn't it?" Jean stated in a quiet, but loud enough voice for Ronan to hear. The younger boy slightly tilted his head in confusion. What was wrong? Their previous kiss? Them pretending to be a couple? Ronan didn't know what Jean meant or what he should do, so he just shaked his head and gave a small reassuring smile to his pretend boyfriend, whose head was now closer to him than earlier.

Ronan moved his brown velvety eyes from Jean's pretty blue eyes to the other boy's lips. The previous kiss had felt nice. Was Ronan allowed to think this way when he was actually dating someone else? Probably not. The kiss had been just for Roslyn, to trick her into thinking the two boys were dating. But if he now kissed Jean, would that mean something? Would the kiss feel different now that Roslyn wasn't around? Maybe he shouldn't do it... but curiosity got the better of him. Just when Ronan was going to kiss his pretend boyfriend, he heard the voice of his actual boyfriend.

"What the fuck is this!?" Jesse's words were short yet meaningful. His tone was possibly the angriest Ronan had ever heard him be. Ronan eyes were wide open, and lips that were once curled up in a smile, were now as serious as ever. After noticing Jesse, Ronan immediately backed off from Jean's hug. He was afraid, afraid this would turn into a conflict. So the youngest boy just stood there silently as his friend spoke back to his lover. Jean's tone of voice was just as angry as Jesse's. It was rare to see his friend act like that. It made the fear in Ronan grow bigger. However fear wasn't everything the boy was feeling.

He was feeling reassurance and waves of relief. He was glad he didn't need to face Jesse alone. He was glad Jean was there for him. Ronan knew Jesse wouldn't try to do anything stupid since there was an witnesse. Since Jean was there. He looked once again at his friends eyes in order to get even more reassurance from him. Ronan truly was glad Jean was there for him. After he got what he wanted, Ronan moved his gaze to Jesse's eyes which were just as blue and pretty as Jean's. "You know exactly what is going on. Didn't I tell you?" Ronan's voice was the calmest out of the three boys.

His voice, however, wouldn't be anywhere as calm without Jean's presence. His friend's presence made Ronan feel at ease, but he also felt a little cocky. Feeling that was unfamiliar to him. Ronan felt like he could say anything back to Jesse now that Jean was with him. Jesse wouldn't dare to hurt him now. It made a weird thought pop up in Ronan's mind. What if he ended everything right now, right at the moment? Told Jesse they were over? Would that free him from the abuse? The thought was both intriguing, sad, sweet and unthinkable.

coded by reveriee.

MOOD: excited, hungry

OUTFIT: black shirt with a gold necklace

basics
tags
tl;dr
vinnie lowes

‘You can’t be serious,’ Vinnie threw the controller at the ground and even though he sounded serious, he had a big smile on his face. ‘You got to be lying, no way this is your first time playing this.'

He lost about four games of Mortal Kombat to Chance’s sister but he was actually having fun doing so, which was new.
He wasn’t sure if he was imagining it but was she laughing at his jokes more than usual? Vinnie was conflicted but didn’t mind the attention she was giving him, in fact he had already forgotten that he had initially came here for Chance.
Her gaze was burning on him and he felt his hands turn a little sweaty as he held the controller tightly. Before he could say anything her lips were planted on his, he froze for a second but quickly got with it. He placed his hands on her hips, something he had wanted to do for a very long time.
Vinnie’s mind was working on over drive as he felt indulged in the kissing though guilt was eating him up alive, a terrible feeling overwhelming him he urged to put away. Not right now, why right now?

He pulled away slowly, his eyes on hers, even a bit frightened of what her reaction might be. ‘I’m sorry,’ he said in a soft tone, much softer than in which he normally spoke. She would know something was up, Vinnie was sure of that and he was never going to tell her why exactly he pulled away in the first place. ‘I–‘ His mind turned blank and impulsively he decided to stand up, standing in front of the beautiful girl he had just rejected. How would he ever recover from this?
‘I have to be home at like six and it’s already,’ he looked at the clock realizing how his lie already made no sense. ‘Four o’clock.’
Vinnie now had an intense staring competition with the ground and he was not going to lose this time. He messed it up and there was no one he could talk to.

code by valen t.

Way Too

Zachary Lee, you understand, had been walked upon hundred times over by outraged mom, or a protective dad, or for unbelievable stories, even the priest. But, you couldn’t give this devil his due; he was daresay the most lovesomely hated. Ridiculously golden hair and blue chalice eyes—that could be the same old. But, he was damned good at being attractive anyways. It must’ve come down to that hardball mouth or the strike out swinging smirks, the kind of aptitude that seemed to say that he was a causeway to all that was fucked. But, darkness had always had a universal appeal, a certain third time’s charm type of pull.

Yet, it was the first time a girl incidentally shoved him off his own bed.

The open-mouthed shock at seeing Max only lived a relative moment in Zach’s life before it swelled to annoyance.

“My ribs,” he protested, his lower jaw extending out in a gasp. With an extravagance of commotion, holding his broad-chested body, he moved no limbs on the floor as he preeminently blinked at his ceiling.

The greatest of Zachary Lee’s infamous talents had been to intentionally live in oblivion. His eyes slumbered on the tensions between the two, however. When he chose to follow along to the stammering outbreak between their hands and movements, along with letters formed through chains and liberty of hands, he caught a brittle word that always made a chill well down his chest.

Leaving.

He had something to say. It raised an alarm to his riddled past—and with dull anger he almost signed up to Max that he should leave for good because everyone knew you tended to come out more unscathed this way than waiting behind to see who would endure to stay.

Harper would break up with him if he did.

With reservation, instead, he put on the pair of pants double speed, grasped a jocose smile from the mirror, and ecstatically side-springed his arms around both of their necks at the doorway.

He knew what he had to do to make them break out of it.

With a high seat amongst the charismatic, it was child’s play. His glossy lips minimized the distance between Max’s forehead where he planted an overtly dense kiss.

Then, his head turned like day to night, as his lips did the same to Harper’s.

He made the point to Max through learned symbols of hands, “Shut up. Nobody is asking you to leave.”

Zach wouldn’t give an abject apology about what he had done because he wasn’t sorry to have a girlfriend like Harper Anderson, but it didn’t change that this was all his doing.

“Okay,” he said hastily, knowing that astoundment would follow, “Let’s go downstairs.”.

His dad’s dinner party was a usual swing, but they stopped short of the kitchen, as he collected popsicles from the freezer.

“Hey, kids. Dinner’s about to start-” Thomas Lee, leaped to exclaim, advanced in

“Start on without us,” Zach replied, with a perceptible wink towards Mrs.Berkowitz, “Nice dress, Mrs. B! No wonder you and Mr. Berkowitz are still together-they say if you can break the dry spell you can save a divorce,” he foul-mouthed as he made a parachute salute from his lips to Mr. Berkowitz.

“Zach. Zach. That was not nice. Zach! It is cold outside-” Thomas Lee was scolding on the normative, but he was already ushering Max and Harper out the sliding doors, which stalled the father and made him subtly smile.

Squeezing himself on the porch swing between the two, he began absent-mindedly peeling the wrapper of a popsicle.

Tangerine.

Instead of offering it romantically to his girlfriend or comfortingly to Max, the popsicle popped right in between his pearly white teeth as he tore open the next one.

Watermelon. Not bad.

He gave a self-satisifed nod. Harper had melons, he formulated on a few short hands of a second, glimpsing at her chest for a second. A-cup. He almost grinned between his popsicle, proud of himself for knowing. Or was it AA? It strangely occurred to him that he never stared at his girlfriend’s boobs. Driving away those thoughts, he poked the red popsicle at her lips.

Tucking down the last wrapper, he blinked at it.

Lemon.

He cringed slightly for being reminded of the blonde girl from the South. But, Max and her fit together with the profound vitality of becoming the most important nuisances of his life. He pushed the popsicle to Max’s lips.

“Now, let’s fight,” he said in an ant-slow sign which he was still developing, his small laugh almost trespassing itself in the gray rain that continued to pitterpat forth on the lawn. His foot pedalled onslaught, the swing creaking welcomingly down and up.The truth was that this was better than words, better than Max running away, and better than Harper’s disappointment if he had gone to say something off.

Zachary Lee was trying to show Max that despite being in a relationship with Harper, Max Berkowitz was also in his life. It was easy to see, in the end, that this backyard still had no clear idea of time; sometimes it felt like a fraction of their parts was still there: Max patting the soil near a newly planted flower, Harper sitting there blowing bubbles and Zach daunting to sprinkle both of them with the hose.

They of all people could never move on without each other. So, for now, the three could just sit there as they did in the past.

mood: attention-seeking
sponsored by Dasani Water
into it.

© PASTA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back