• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

"Here we go.."

She saw him roll up his sleeves as if signifying the start of something serious. She tried not to giggle as he made his way over. As they talked Milk would linger around both of their ankles before retreating to bother Baloo who had seemed to be sprawled our on her nice bed. Celeria took note of that as well as the questions Yohan asked.

"You know for one I love that movie and honestly I wanted to take the food from the screen and eat it" she said as he was placing a cutting board down. "At any rate, it does look like the picture and the motto is 'anyone can cook' ..I believe that..I mean obviously practice helps" she said rubbing the back of her neck before washing her own hands and rolling up her sleeves. She tried to be careful since it wasn't her clothes.

After she was done he handed her some vegetables and told her he expects perfection to which she responded. "Those who expect perfection end up with a lot of disappointment" she said it honestly with a few hints of jokingness to lighten the air around them more. The only reason she said that was because that's how she was brought up. If you didn't do it right- if you didn't follow the rules to the T you were a disappointment. Even if you got everything else right and one thing wrong you would still be wrong. That's how it always was for her, but her siblings? No. It was like a switch flipped, but I mean who was paying attention, right? At a certain point she just tuned the words out and tried to do what she wanted. Now look at where she is. She might not have her family on her side, but she is happier now than pretending to be someone she's not.

With those thoughts flooding her mind she couldn't really concentrate solely on cutting zucchini.

How small was it supposed to be again? Thin right? Oh this is too big of a piece..he'll definitely have a fit-

She thought as a little smile popped up on he face. He created a challenge for her. He wasn't easy. He also isn't detoured away from her bluntness and aspirations. She liked those things so far about Yuzu.

That's when she felt his firm body pressed behind hers.. his face hovering over her shoulder as his eyelashes tickled her cheek. The smell of him filled her senses and she felt strangely warm and safe.

His big hands overlapped hers as he was trying to teach her what she was doing wrong. She did realize she had sharply inhaled as he came up behind her. The sudden warmth and closeness made her flustered, red cheeks starting to blossom. She allowed him to teach her to an extent. She hoped that he couldn't feel her heartbeats from her back. She would stare at the cut up zucchini as they both seemed to have paused.

"Yuzu I-" she started to mumbled as she put the knife down and turned to face him. She didn't realize until she turned her head at how close they were. Her lips even grazed his cheek and her breathing hitched. She forgot what she had wanted to say. What was it again? His brown eyes looked at her and she couldn't help,but take in each sharp feature he had. Eyes,nose, jawline...lips.

What was she even thinking? They just met so why does she feel like she is subconsciously being pulled to him like a magnet. What was it about him that intrigued her the most? All these thoughts flowed into her head in the matter of a few seconds.

Her soft plump lips then connected intentionally with his neck since it was closer to her. It was a sweet,but quick kiss. "For being a good teacher" she said teasingly to him,but she didn't take her eyes off of him even after making a small joke. Was the tension there only her?

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

lion. lion.

Last edited:

Lemon Pierce

Lemon watched the interaction between Milo and the old man until finally Milo snuck the money in. Lemon couldn’t help but giggle a little between the two, they seemed to have a relationship like a grandfather and grandson, it was a nice sight to see. It made her miss her Papa from back home. Her smile faltered for only a moment before she came back to the current moment. She wasn’t going to feel sad today, she wasn’t going to feel bad about the past, well at least not today. She just needed to make sure Milo didn’t get any hint of sadness from her. This was their friend day, and she would do anything to make sure he had an amazing day, because she could only imagine how Vinnie must be around him.

“I’d really like to see Benny again. Maybe you can meet Max. He’s deaf though but he’s getting better at reading lips. He’s taught me a lot of the signs I know now.” She looked at Milo’s hand in confusion, did he want a high five?” She was gentle with her high five, unsure if that’s what he had expected from her.

“To candy!” she announced probably a bit louder than needed but she was excited. She had been excited to collect a bunch of different candies, mostly to make a little candy basket for Reid. She hoped he wouldn’t find it dumb, but she knew he was really wanting to spend time with her, but she wanted to show her gratitude towards him. As the two teens continued their walk Lemon could hear what sounded like music playing. Her face turned up to Milo, “It sounds like someone else is enjoying the day too.” As the continued to walk the sound got louder and they got closer. That was when she saw a guy just playing his guitar, case opened enjoying himself. “Milo, can you hold this for a second?” she handed the boy her cone before getting out her cash and throwing a five in the case, “You make beautiful music.” She reached back for her ice cream, letting herself linger on the music for a moment longer. “Do you play anything?” she asked Milo. She wanted to learn his interests, that was important in any friendship.

Lemon wanted to know Milo better, she wanted to see more smiles and joy come from him, especially when everyone saw him as some brooding guy, who happened to be related to Vinnie. He didn’t deserve to be judged because of his looks and relation to Vinnie. He deserved a chance to get to know people and be seen for who he was. Maybe she could at least help others see him in a good light, because he was far from being a bad person.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

MOOD: content; curiosity piqued

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Logan)

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle (Harper)

tags
TL;DR
huh?
tl;dr
Jonah Shiltz
Opinions don't define your reality

All Jonah could do was stare at the girl as she rambled on about her relationship. He couldn’t exactly grasp why Harper had decided to spill her guts to him. He’d like to think that they had a good relationship but didn’t think they were that close.

He didn’t even think that he was qualified for what she was talking about. He had never experienced high school romance, even in college he hadn’t experienced anything that was supposed to be love for him. Hell, the first time his heart stuttered at the sight of someone else and she was in a relationship with another man.

Uh, um. Maybe take a seat, we can try to talk about it. Jonah shrugs, but points towards the bar. No one was really in. There were a few patrons, but the restaurant got a lot busier later in the day. When Harper is across from him, it takes a moment for Jonah to ask the right question. He was always told that he was a good listener and at times he was good at telling people advice. But for someone reason, it was different with Harper. Maybe because she was so much younger than him and maybe because he hadn’t experienced what she was experiencing. Jonah wanted to be what she needed, but the bartender felt like he wasn’t going to be enough.

I guess we can start with the obvious…what’re you so scared about? He grabs her a glass of fills it with water, pushing it in front of her as a way to calm her down. The situation seemed to be overwhelming her. Aren’t your friends supposed to be by your side no matter what, will little Lee 2.0 really going to be that big of a problem for them?
code by valen t.

scroll

Vanja Novak

Vanja.

mood

Charmed by Dante

cafe

interactions

Dante

"I study criminology as my major.”
Vanja answered shortly to Dante’s question about school. It is untypical for Vanja to not talk about his major since he’s passionate about. He didn’t know if Dante was interested in that, so he tried to not start to blabber about it. Well he did try but didn’t succeed.

“Originally I wanted to study psychology but decided against it since I’m not sure if I would like to work in the area. I’m still interested in psychology and I like to learn about the psychology behind crimes. I just find it fascinating why crimes are made and what kinds of people do them.” Some more people started to appear in the line and the girl behind the cash register seemed annoyed because of Vanja’s endless blabbering. “Sorry I’m rambling.” He said with a small grin which didn’t seem that apoletig.

Vanja raised his eyebrows in confusion when Dante said the blonde could choose for him the order. However, by the look of Dante’s smile, he seemed sure about letting Vanja make the decision. “Okay. So, one piece of blueberry cheesecake, black coffee, a piece of chocolate cake and a latte. “Vanja said the order again and added a drink and treat for Dante into the order.

He paid with this credit card when he heard Dante insisting on paying next time. SO there would be a next time? That made Vanja happy, and if he had been nervous while driving to their date location, it all was now vanished from him. “Sure, sure.” Vanja said in a somewhat amused tone. Dante was so cute insisting like that. In truth Vanja wouldn’t mind paying again next time. However it was cute Dante wanted to do something for him, but perhaps Vanja was in the wrong and the ravenette was being just polite.

Nah, that’s not the case, He’s quite the catch but he seems interested in me. Vanja once again reassured himself. It took a little while for the girl at the cash register to make their drinks. Soon they were ready on a tray, both of their drinks and pieces of cake. “I thought you would like chocolate so that’s why I ordered it.” He kept a small pause before making a little joke. “If you don’t like it you better still eat it like a good boy. One don’t simply waste food.”

“Where do you want to sit, or should I do that decision too?” Vanja then asked curiously.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: nervous; bashful; determined

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

r e i r e i (isa)

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Claire)

INT:
r e i r e i (Frankie)
tags
TL;DR
Practice with the boyfriend

tl;dr
Chance Matthews
the battle within will have collateral damage

Chance could tell that something was running through Frankie’s mind, and he was hoping that it was just tryouts and nothing else. Because Chance was ready, he was ready to talk to him about their relationship and the possibility of coming out as a couple. The thought caused for his heart to race due to the unforeseeable future, but it also filled him with an overwhelming happiness. There was also a hint of sadness and guilt, due to Max.

No matter what, Chance could always find his mind wandering over to his friend. But Frankie was always able to pull his mind from Max, Chance just didn’t know if he liked that though.

~​

Chance was always confident in football, with his best friend – now also boyfriend – on his side the quarterback felt like they could win anything. Last season was a good one and with the practices they had over the summer and the team they were building now; Chance was confident that this season was going to be even better. It felt like some sort of reward watching Frankie function as their team captain, the way he led drills and worked with coach showed that he was a natural born leader. Which Chance guess was something that was written into the Gomez’s DNA, because Faith was off with the cheerleaders doing the same thing.

When Frankie calls for a break, Chance is immediately pulled to answer some questions for some of the other players. His actions reminded him of his dad and how Chance was filled with questions at the start of his football journey. He wished his dad could see him now, how well he performed on the field almost as well as he performed in track. As the questions settles and Chance goes to take a drink of water, and his eyes wander over the field.

He spots Frankie talking to Claire and for some reason his heart drops into his stomach. Chance never questioned the relationship between Frankie and Claire, they messed around before and they flirted with each other too. He never thought anything of it, Isa and him never slept with each other but they did flirt. But it took time for Chance to tell Isa about him and Frankie, it was almost immediately that for Frankie to tell Claire. Chance couldn’t deny that he felt jealous now.

His eyes couldn’t leave the sight despite it hurting him a little bit. And that’s when he made his decision, Frankie would have to stop his hardcore upright flirting if they were publicly out as a couple. He calls out to his boyfriend, keeping his tone light as to not alarm the large amount of people are them. Hey asshole, when you’re done flirting can we talk?
code by valen t.

MOOD: in a lot of pain; doped up

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin)

Dazzle Dazzle (Harper)

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Will)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)

Dazzle Dazzle (Noah)
tags
TL;DR
pain, again

tl;dr
Winona Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal

He’s autistic, doesn’t like strangers that much. Please, just let him come, it’ll be good for both of us. When they finally agree on letting Oliver come, mostly to get moving, Winnie relaxes as much as she could. All Winnie could feel was pain, time moved so fast around her that she didn’t grasp any stream of consciousness. One second, she was in the auditorium, the next in the ambulance, and the next her body was being transferred from the gurney to the observation bed.

Where time went, she didn’t know.

She could only catch subtle glimpses of Oliver, but her main focus was the lights hanging over her head. Her eyes are brimming with tears due to the pain but also to the reminder that her role in the recital was canceled and her audition for the Juilliard summer camp was not gonna happen. There was no way she could fully heal by December. Winnie stays secluded in her mind, her thoughts running in circles, she doesn’t even notice that she’s crying loudly, the pain too much to try to keep herself quiet.

The doctors and nurses around her move around her to do their jobs, and someone says something about the pain she’s feeling; in an instantaneous moment the pain is almost gone, and the dancer feels like she’s floating, like she’s back on stage again. The morphine that they give Winnie, helps her only a little, it doesn’t stop her mind from wandering.

She briefly remembers Harper. Dustin. Max. Will. Noah. The morphine doesn’t allow for her mind to accurately implant what she talked about with every one of them, but she’d have to come back to it. She’d eventually get back to it. The doctors leave her briefly, a few nurses checking up on her vitals as there wasn’t much more, they could do for her.

Her dazy attention turns to Oliver who they placed on a seat on the side of the room. She doesn’t know what he’s focused on, but the sight of him being safe besides her brings her dopey little heart joy. Oliver, I’m glad you’re okay. I’ll keep you safe. Her words are slurred, and she can barely keep her eyes open anymore, rendering her proclamation sort of useless. Before she can say anything else to Oliver, another blurry body joins the two of them in the room. She doesn’t recognize who it is until he gets closer.

Winona probably looked like a drunken idiot, with the biggest smile on her face. Cause as he stood in front of her, she forgot everything that he’d done to her. He was a sight for sore eyes. Hi Noey.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

MILO BROOKS

, location:dorm,outfit: plain black hoodie and black ripped jeans. Mood: Unlucky

Milo wasn't sure if it was just his imagination or if it really happened..if Lemon wasn't smiling like how she normally does?

Does that make him a creep if he does notice? If he asks her about it later will she admit or tell him he's wrong and not want to hang out with him? No no she said she was his friend HIS friend so she wouldn't leave him too right? The only reason Vinnie probably hadn't left him is because Milo was brought into his family. He could only hope that it wouldn't be the only thing holding his cousin to him. Or for Lemon to want to stay friends with him because she pities him. She...would she do that?

She doesn't even know really anything about me and yet here I am. Wanting her when I don't know anything about her. I..that's probably why Reid does deserve her hah..funny.

"I'd be happy if anyone came! Any friend of Milo's is a friend of mine! Have a good one Lemon,Milo see ya" the old man said waving as the two were off. As they were walking there was a street performer and Lemon ended up giving them money. Milo smiled as she was doing things just like he would.

"Do I play anything? Guitar,but that's about it. Nothing special unless you add the triangle from music classes" he said making a small joke,but not sure if she would get it.

"Do you play anything?" He asked as they continued walking and eventually went into the candy store. It smelled of sweets and sugar. Milo wasn't sure what he was going to get,but he wanted to make sure Lemon was having a good time. To him she looked like she was in Candyland.

Maybe I'll ask her about earlier..later. she looks too happy right now.

He thought as he stole glances at her when she wasn't looking just so he could remind himself that she was there and he wasn't alone.

coded by natasha.

Lemon Pierce

As Milo told Lemon the instrument he knew how to play or had played at once she laughed a little at the triangle, “I don’t play anything. Not something I ever got into I mean my mom tried to get me to learn violin, but I didn’t like it.” Instruments and music had never really been Lemon’s calling she had thought about acting and doing musicals at one point and she had done a few small ones as a kid, but her schooling became more important, and she had chosen to use baking as her hobby. Now, she wanted to at least think about trying out for the local theater again and give it another shot as a fun hobby.

As the entered the candy store, she felt nothing but joy, like being a little kid again, candy in bins everywhere. Now she just needed to figure out what exactly she was doing for Reid. She knew his favorite candy was boring licorice, so she knew she’d have to get a pack, but she wanted to add more fun elements to his surprise. As she looked back at Milo he hadn’t moved and was looking at her. Her face scrunched in confusion she must have something on her. She quickly brushed herself down and went back to collecting candy. As her little bag grew, she made her way back to Milo, “You, okay? Is this too much? I know it smells like a lot of candy and I can get my stuff and we can go.”

All Lemon wanted was to make sure everyone had a good day and after two separate fights with Reid and one with Mac she really couldn’t handle upsetting anyone else. The fighting was becoming draining on her and at least with Milo they were in person so hopefully she could read his body language and not upset him. She had thought today was going to be a happy day and all she had done so far was upset her friends, “I promise its fine, if you want to leave. We can just walk and talk. I know the candy store was maybe a dumb idea, but once I get what I need we can leave and then no more candy store.” She was trying her best to calm her stress and keep her stresses out of their fun day. She couldn’t ruin his day just because she was having a hard time balancing her life. He didn’t deserve to have her problems creep up during their friend time so she was going to pretend like all was fine and that only good was happening today.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

MOOD: wary

OUTFIT: Hiding

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Noah Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR Winnie got hurt while dancing and Oliver isn't okay.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Hospitals bothered Oliver. Everything was white, which seemed to invite the imagination to fill in the blank of the walls and the ceiling and the bedsheets with strange shadowy creatures and phantom movements. The aggressive, flickering white glow of the overhead fluorescent lights cast warped shadows under the furniture and gave the whole room a nauseating aura. The machines in the room clicked and beeped and hissed, coupled by voices and footsteps and wheels passing by outside the room, and the muffled staticky sound of the intercom system sporadically going off. The only thing that cut through the swirling chaos was Winona’s soft slurred voice, telling him everything was okay, that she would keep him safe…
But she was lying in a hospital bed, barely awake. She looked so scared, so broken and fragile. The white sheets and the tubes shrank her down to a tiny fragile ghost of what she’d been this morning.
After hearing her sobs of pain in the ambulance, her screams still echoing deep within his brain, he knew there was little she could do. But if there was anything he could do for her, even if it was only to stay by her side, he’d do it.
He couldn’t leave her alone in this terrible place. Oliver had been alone and in pain many times in his life. He couldn’t bear to see that inflicted on someone so beloved to him.

He’d only ever been to the hospital a handful of times in his life. Usually, whenever he or one of his sisters needed medical attention, they were refused it and scolded for even daring to ask. Medical bills were too expensive for their family. Even little things like aspirin or band-aids were an unnecessary expense. “Are you dying?” his mother would ask, scathingly, what Oliver had come to recognize as a rhetorical question that had no correct answer. If it was anything less than a life-or-death emergency, the Dreyfuss children were left to wait out their ailments without treatment.

The nurses showed Oliver to a seat in the corner of the room, gave him some antiseptic and a strip of gauze for the deep scratch on his face, and left the silent teen to wait for Winona’s family to arrive. He never once took his eyes off his friend.

Oliver still hadn’t said a word since the incident, and perhaps he wouldn’t be able to for a long time yet. That wasn’t unusual for him… the weight of his own distress seemed to lock away his ability to convert thought to speech. But as soon as all the medics had left the room and it was just the two of them, Oliver quietly pulled his phone out of his pocket and typed ‘speckled padloper tortoise’ into his search engine, pulling up a gallery of images of the smallest species of tortoise in the world. He walked up to Winnie’s bedside, sitting on the edge of the bed and wordlessly showing her the pictures, holding the screen close to her to allow her to see. The morphine drip had left her drowsy, but he knew she was still frightened and unwell. Turtles always brought him some comfort, and he knew Winnie loved them too. Maybe it would take her mind off of the pain and the fear, if only for a moment.

Their moment, though, was interrupted when a figure appeared in the doorway. Oliver jolted upright, startled– he didn’t recognize the young man who’d come to the room. It wasn’t anyone he knew from Winnie’s family, he wasn’t dressed to be a nurse or a doctor. Oliver stayed close to the bed, staring down the stranger like a cat watching a hawk until Winnie spoke.
“Hi, Noey.”
So Winnie knew him… or at the very least knew his name.
But it still felt wrong.

code by valen t.

MOOD: She's at Work...

OUTFIT: black teeshirt, black jeans, black apron

basics
MENTIONS:

lion. lion.

INT:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
ever feel like you have the best intentions, but just keep making one mistake after another.

Harper’s hand slapped across her wide-open mouth as she finally came to the realization that she had just entirely spilled all her guts to her shift supervisor. Her eyes widen, and all she wanted was the ground to open up and swallow her whole. Anxiously Harper tucked her hair behind her ear, then untucking it and running her fingers back through it, before she tucked it back all over again.

Harper pressed her lips together as she made her way over to the bar. “Really… It’s fine Jonah, I shouldn’t have said anything.” She paused for a moment before taking the seat. “I’ve just made this weird, you’re practically my boss.” She breathes out, pulling at the hair tie on her wrist.

Jonah was doing his best to calm Harper down, but she wished he would just forget about everything she had just said. “I-“ Should Harper tell Jonah that she was scared to that Zach would take it all back, tell her he was just kidding, that it was some kind of game? No one would be shocked if that was the case. They would tell her that she should have known and expected it.

Slowly sipping from the glass of water that Jonah had offered her so that she had a moment to process her thoughts of what she wanted to say. Wanting to avoid continuing to spill her deepest darkest secrets to Jonah. “I guess he isn’t…” Harper bit the corner of her lip as she pulled the hair-tie off her wrist, putting her brown locks up in a ponytail.

“I just don’t want them to be right.” Harper finally said, relaxing her shoulders as she leaned forward on the counter. “They would expect the worst from Zach, and they would tell me that he isn’t worth the time…”

“I don’t want them to tell me that… Not yet at least.” Harper had really started to begin to fall for Zach, she wasn’t even sure how it had happened, but he distracted her from real life. Something she so desperately needed, he gave her a chance to breath in the world where she constantly was holding her breath.
code by valen t.

MOOD:

OUTFIT:

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Noah

Even under all this, there is still a heart...

Noah could feel his heart drop as he saw Winnie’s posts and Twitter conversations. He knew something wasn’t right with her, he knew she didn’t drink, and he was unfortunately worried about her. He wasn’t supposed to feel this way. But he did.

Winnie was different, Noah would never admit it, but he might have once been the closet to ever admitting that he might have been in love. But he went and ruined that, knowing exactly what he was doing when he did it.

It didn’t take long for him to show up in Winnie’s hospital room. He had heard her speak and could tell how hopped up on drugs she must have been in that moment as she talked to the younger boy that Noah vaguely remembered hanging around Winnie during the school year. “Hey…” Noah spoke softly as his eyes wandered around the room. “Are you sure its okay I’m here?” He moved one of the empty chairs next to Winnie’s bed before taking a seat.

“Your mom isn’t here yet?” Noah raised an eyebrow as he looked across the bed at the little brunette boy sitting across from him, he nodded his head slightly as to say hello to him. But quickly realized that he didn’t understand. “Hi… My name is Noah…” He said quietly, trying to calm the boys nerves on the other side of the bed. Any other day, Noah was likely to not put up with someone like this. But he was so focused on Winnie, he really didn’t want to cause any extra strain on her.

He placed a hand on top of Winnie’s as he intertwined his fingers within hers. His eyes met her dreary ones. “You really need to rest Winnie.”

She asked him again, why he had done what he done. Noah knew why, and it was terrible and selfish what he had done. “Because. I was falling in love with you.” He whispered, his eyes soft. The only reason he felt like he could tell her is because he knew, she was never going to remember this conversation. She may not even remember his visit today, but he knew he had to be here with her. He had to make sure she wasn’t alone. Not now.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ellie tamarapasek tamarapasek

Carson Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR: Meeting up with his ex-girlfriend for...closure? It's really just an excuse to see her again.
tl;dr
Jason Lowes
You were the last good thing about this part of town

The sound of a closing door stirred Jason from his light sleep. He hadn't even realized he'd dozed of, but upon waking instinctively wrapped his arms tighter around the toddler sleeping soundly on his chest to make sure she was still there. Jay stood from the sofa carefully so as not to jostle little Courtney around too much, pressing a kiss against her soft wisps of strawberry blonde hair before gently handing her off to Ellie.

Her deep brown eyes met his hazel pair as they shared an effortlessly silent conversation, Ellie's gaze offering a wordless apology for her lateness, to which Jay dismissed out of hand with a tender kiss to her forehead. He let a hand quietly appreciate Ellie's silky hair; having expressed his adoration for those vibrant red locks countless times, he need only to run his fingers through them lovingly to get the point across, tucking a strand behind her ear.

Little moments like these would often get Jason thinking about how simple his life would be if he just gave into the ease of being with Ellie. There was no games or chase, she was always there for him unwaveringly. Their bond cozy and comfortable, reliable.

Jason had the unfortunate tendency to fixate on certain things to an obsessive degree, however, and for the past three years it was the girl that got away. His cherished first love he completely blew it with. Carson Hughes.

Perhaps it was always inevitable he'd fuck things up with Carson. He never could quite understand what she saw in him, this whip-smart, fiercely independent beauty with a seductive, magnetic personality that effortlessly drew people into her orbit. Jay himself was the opposite, a privileged little boy, moody cynic and loner who never could hold onto many friends. Being with her was the best time of his life, despite how exhausting it was worrying if he could actually live up to the cool musician type Carson thought he was. Just by looking at the state of his life though, even the most casual observer could see Jay was a master of self-sabotage, and he eventually succumbed to the nagging urge to ruin things.

Not that Jason would ever admit this was why he decided to drop an atom bomb on their relationship. He was a Lowes, of course, just as much of a selfish asshole as the rest of them. Of course when asked, he blamed Carson for making him cheat on her by being too busy, too distant, too focused on her own dreams. That was much easier than exploring his own shortcomings, though he instantly regretted telling that lie. It was a small miracle then that Carson even agreed to meet up and talk with him.

A meeting he as about to be late for. After a quick, hushed goodbye to Ellie, the eldest Lowes raced off to their meeting spot, his stomach in knots the whole drive over. Failing to come up with a brief speech to neatly sum up his feelings over the last three years, Jason instead just parked on the street and thought now or never, giving his black hair a quick adjustment in the rearview mirror.

He found his ex-girlfriend sitting alone on a bench, and couldn't help but smile at her cute, nervous fidgeting. His demeanor casual and nonchalant, never betraying his own nerves. And she was certainly making him nervous. Carson looked as gorgeous as ever, though it wasn't as if he hadn't seen her all this time, as Jay obviously wasn't above stalking her social media or hanging around the coffee shop to catch a glimpse of her. But it wasn't the same as standing right in front of her as she stared through him with that familiar, piercing gaze.

"Hey, you." Offering a relaxed grin, he pulled both hands from his pockets to jokingly hold his arms out to her. "So do I get a hug? No, I'm joking.." He clarified with a smirk, but didn't make any move to sit down beside her, as if still expecting the hug. "So, what'd you wanna talk about? Since you just had to see me," Jay continued on joking in a fruitless effort to alleviate the quiet tension, as if Carson was the one who had begged to meet up with him and not the other way around.
code by valen t.

Shy
the bleeding sun
Shy looked at Max, and shook their head. "First of all, I'm taking Artemis shift today. And I'm not arguing about it. I'm taking their shift." While she was saying this, she was also signing it as well. Once she learned that she was working with someone that was deaf, she started to study sign language so she could communicate with him without using her phone. They just wanted to be somewhat helpful for Max, so they learned so he had one less person to worry about talking to and reading their lips. "Second of all, I told you. If it wasn't Jo or me, then there was one other person that it could have been. Now let's just keep information between ourselves. I'm sure that Mags doesn't want everyone to know anyway. " They said to each of their coworkers. As Shy did, she kept her pregnancy on the down-low. Only telling her family and Ro's so they didn't have to deal with this.

"I'm serious Max though, about Artemis shift, I'm taking it." They signed as they start their daily responsibilities.

--

After a few hours, Kieran was watching his iPad while his mother was working on putting up books when he discovered that he had to go to the restroom. He took off his headphones and started to walk around looking for his mom. By the time he found them, he was having issues holding his bladder back. He didn't care who was around. He needed to go. So when he found his mother, he instantly said "Mama, I need to 'o potty!" Shy froze cause right behind her was Max. This wouldn't be a problem but she has always taught Kie, to also sign while they were at the bookstore in case Max was around. They were teaching Kie basic signs which both of them were 'Mama' and 'Potty' so obviously Kie has signed both of these with Max watching them.

They had two choices, they could just 'correct' Kie and tell him that the sign for sissy is different or they could own it. Correcting Kie would confuse, the already confused child, so they would do that at a cost. And their son was never something they could just put away as a 'cost'. So they truly had only one other choice. They owned it. Shy just picked up Kai, and rushed to the bathroom to change his diaper. Kai was fairly new at potty training but he was able to get somewhat of a notice when he needs to go or he went already. Unfortunately because of the confusion, he couldn't make it in time. So she had to change him. While she was getting him ready, she quickly shot a text to Ivy. Freaking out over Max knowing about Kai. She was scared that he wouldn't keep their secret. After everything was done, they took their son back to their seat ignoring Max's stares until he was back to his tv show.

Shy then dragged Max to the back. They walked back and forth until the one question came out of their mouth, and was signed.

"Are you going to tell anyone?"

coded by natasha.

MOOD: Happy, sad, conflicted

basics
MENTIONS:

Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

Vincent purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

tags
TL;DR: Dustin escorts his girl to cheer tryouts
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
Love's an excuse to get hurt, and to hurt

"Attack hug!" Dustin bounded up to Ashley and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground a bit to cuddle her aggressively. She'd been standing alone in front of Anchor Bay High School waiting for him before he pounced on her, and he couldn't tell if she looked nervous for her cheer tryouts. Which wasn't exactly unusual; Ash wasn't the easiest person to read. "Nom not nom," Dustin laughed, playfully nibbling on her neck pretending to devour her, then covering her cheek in kisses.

"Heyy. Missed you." Dustin released her, looking bashfully down at his shoes before his midnight black gaze met hers once again. Though she was running late waiting for him, he couldn't resist the inviting plumpness of her soft, full lips and placed a kiss there, then a longer kiss; he could do this all day if she didn't stop him. He certainly wouldn't, not after fantasizing about kissing Ashley like this since he'd met her. And now they'd been dating, albeit secretly, for the last couple of weeks, and Dustin still couldn't fully believe it was real, as if he might suddenly wake up from a particularly awesome dream.

"Um...for good luck?" With a sheepish grin, the boy handed her the small bouquet he was clutching, a bunch of delicate white daisies held together with a small swath of sparkly, transparent fabric and tied with brown twine. Tryouts seemed like as good a time as any to give Ashley flowers, as he was itching for any excuse to give her daisies since she revealed they were her favorite flower.

"Ready to go? You nervous?" He teased, nodding in the direction of the football field behind the school. Dustin indulged in a kiss to her forehead one last time, before they were in front of all their peers and he couldn't do so again for hours. The couple made it to the field just in time to hear Claire yelling for the freshmen to huddle up. "You're being summoned," The sandy-haired boy gave his girl a gentle poke in her side, resisting the urge to kiss her before she scampered off to join the group.

A sinking feeling settled in his stomach as Dustin climbed the bleachers to take a seat. He was so happy with Ash, and day to day tried not to think about how much he missed Nona, or dwell on the last time he saw her, how she kissed him for very last time before walking out of his life forever. But sometimes, some little reminder would sneak up out of nowhere and overwhelm him with feelings, thoughts, sweet memories of his ex-girlfriend. Being back at school was that painful reminder right now, and for the first time ever made Dustin dread the thought of school starting back up again. He just knew there would be way more just like it around every turn, and the thought of possibly seeing Nona there with someone else? It was just too much.

Dustin hadn't noticed he was clenching his fists until he heard a familiar voice beside him. He immediately released the tension in his spine and forced his fingers to relax back to normal, turning to glance at the one approaching. Dustin stifled an eyeroll recognizing his former friend Vinnie. Of course. It was like the dude was psychic or something, he couldn't even have one private thought about his former girlfriend without Vincent showing up to try and take that away from him too. The only thing he had left of Winona Matthews. "Hey," Dustin offered in a deadpan tone, idly turning his attention back to the field before his friend could answer.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: nervous, tired

OUTFIT: his football gear

basics
tags
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
vinnie lowes

Vincent fell on his knees after running a lap, pouring the water bottle over his curls before staring at the grass for a good twenty seconds. Though he was late bickering with his girlfriend; this was a more than welcome distraction. He loved football with his whole heart and doing it made all his problems disappear, most of the time.
There he was, the curly-haired best friend he once had, he handed something over to one of the cheerleaders who Vincent later recognized as Ashley. ‘Hey Vin, watch it!’ Before he had time to look his teammate’s way a ball flew towards him and though he put his hands up to catch it, it was too late. ‘God, was that necessary?’ He yelled back as he threw his bottle of water after his words at his jerk teammates. Maybe he should just go talk to him, Vinnie was sure Dustin missed him as much as he did. At least, that’s what he was hoping for.

Vinnie put his middle-finger up as he walked towards the bleachers, touching his nose gently trying to still the pain. His gaze fell on the black haired girl in her cheerleader outfit holding the daisies close as Vinnie walked by, climbing over towards the bleachers. Dustin didn’t even notice him coming up to him and as Vinnie mumbled a greeting, the curly-haired boy rolled his eyes. Maybe he had calculated this all wrong.

Dustin greeted him back but turned around as quickly as he could again. Vinnie doubted for a second before sitting next to him, rubbing the sweat of his forehead. ‘Flowers, that’s unlike you,’ Vincent offered breaking the silence in a soft, hesitant voice but put up an apologetic smile towards him hoping Dustin would break the silence treatment he had given for the past couple of weeks.
Vincent took a deep sigh, contemplating wether or not he should mention Winona. He had grown feelings for her, which was a terrible idea on its own but now he had hurt his friend with it as well. His best friend.

‘Listen Dustin, I know we’re not talking right now but,’ for the first time ever Vincent must have looked frightened looking at his former best friend. ‘I’m sorry for what happened with Winona and all, I’m sure it was rough she broke up with you and I know how you feel, I lost my best friend that day too.’
Vincent avoided his gaze by looking at the cheerleaders trying out, the girls gathering together in a perfect circle. He wondered why he gave Ashley those flowers, he had never seen him do that before.
‘You’re my best friend in the story, if you didn’t- know,’ he added, assuming Dustin wouldn’t know what he was talking about. He hoped Dustin would accept his apology, hugging him and they could go back to talking about the most stupid things because he had no one else to do that with now.

code by valen t.

MOOD: vague, hungry

OUTFIT:
a blouse, blazer and a pants suit

basics
tags
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
Derrick Lowes

Her roommate too, Derrick found himself in a web of lies now. Though once she bought into his stupid lie he felt relieved, knowing not to call him Artie made it just the more fun to do so. It wasn't anything new for Derrick to talk to guys but he would never admit it, his parents would kill him. Not only his parents, everything would be ruined and he wasn't going to let a little bit of fun get in the way of his future. Besides, Artemis wasn't going to be anything more than that and so was Astraea. He could've only imagined himself in a relationship with one person and she left him a long time ago.
Astraea had a way of catching his attention but when she put her arm around his he couldn’t help but be distracted by his ongoing thoughts.

’What are you thinking about Der?’

Her arms were now around his neck and her lips tracing his jawline, he had never felt Astraea like this around him before so now she had definitely caught Derrick’s attention. He put his hands on her waist, a little lower once she dropped her chin to his chest. What was she doing?
She had asked him if he had wanted her and he looked at her in disbelief, maybe it was the wine or the fact he had been so absent but Derrick had a hard time understanding where this was coming from, though he wasn't going to question it. Definitely not, he had been waiting way too long for this. ‘Y-yes, of course Astraea,’ he said as he softly gripped his fingers around her jaw and pulled her closer towards him, now pressing his lips a bit more aggressively on hers. ‘Are you sure you want this? I mean, with me, now?’ Derrick asked, only inches away from her face before pressing another kiss on her lips too impatient to wait for an answer.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Carson Hughes

The time ticked by as Carson sat on the bench listening to her music, people watching, making up weird stories about the people that she happened to think were more interesting. All she wanted to do was to leave the bench and not even give Jason a chance to talk, because he deserved nothing. After all the pain he had put her through he deserved none of her time, but as she learned from Mildred, what you give to the world is what it gives back, and she didn’t want anything else bad coming back on her. So, there she sat with the small ounce of patience she had left in her. Everyone seemed have lost their minds lately including Yohan, he had gotten worse over the course of the last two weeks, and he wouldn’t even admit it. Astraea still nothing, and Artie just wanted her to be fine with him wanting Hassim. Probably to ease his guilt.

While her mind was lost in thoughts that’s when she heard his voice, her head turning to look at him. His arms outstretched while hers stayed crossed against her. She felt anger at how he could act so happy. She didn’t even want to stay sitting anymore. She let herself stand to face him, “I didn’t call this meeting, but if you’re letting me talk first.” She had so much she had wanted to say and somehow the words were stuck. Not out of anything but fear to show how her feelings had been bottled for so long and these past couple of weeks that bottle had been leaking. The bottle in her was ready to shatter and one wrong word, one wrong movement, and nothing would be salvaged in her.

She could feel the shaking in her hands that she kept crossed against her, “You chose someone else. All in the name of ease and comfort. To make yourself feel better and then you have the audacity to bother me. To seek me out and bring up every bad memory. For what? Do you need something to get off on? Is she not doing it for you anymore? Bored with your life. Your stupid perfect life. A person who loves you, a child, a place to live.” She was bitter, angry, hurt “You talked about absolute nonsense and then when I agreed what did you do? You left me! So, what do you want Jason? What could you possibly want? You won. In the game of exes, you fucking won. You got everything you could want, and I got screwed. I got hurt. But that didn’t matter. I didn’t matter and I was stupid to even give you a chance to talk, because you never cared.” She could fear the tears of anger and heartbreak start to break through. Everyone chose someone else over her. Everyone. She didn’t even like Astraea like that and she still lost to a Lowes.

She could feel all the pain begin to bubble over the anger, “This is all your fault.” she couldn’t let herself cry, she couldn’t let herself feel. She was losing control of the wall she had built because of everything culminating to a peak. Jason was the feather that landed and broke it all down and he hadn’t even said what he wanted to say.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

MOOD: Nervous, excited

OUTFIT: xoxo

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR: Tabs runs into her favorite boy at tryouts
tl;dr
Tabitha Carter
I wanna do the things that you only read about
The petite girl sat on the field, stretching with the rest of the cheer squad hopefuls, glancing around subtly at her competition. It was the day of tryouts, and Tabitha was buzzing with nervous excitement. That shot of cheap vodka she swiped from her parents liquor cabinet and half a Xanax were doing their thing, taking the edge off just enough to keep the girl from barfing up the 200 calorie breakfast she painstakingly measured out, and made her feel loose and happy and ready (well, ready as she'll ever be) to perform.

If you asked Tabitha a year ago to make a list of impossible things that would never happen, trying out for cheerleading her senior year would probably top the list. But as luck would have it, she became friends by chance with Claire Malkovich, who just so happened to be captain, and her favorite little pets, Ivy and Ashley. After hearing them talk about the upcoming tryouts, Tabitha thought why not? She knew she wanted to turn over a new leaf, to go out with a bang her last year of high school.

Learning the routine was much easier than she thought, especially the short, choreographed dance portion of the audition. Tabitha had never danced like that before, but to her suprise it came quite naturally to her. She would practice in front of her bedroom mirror for hours, perfecting every step and getting lost in the movements. It was the first time she ever felt cool or sexy doing anything. Even Claire agreed she was a natural and promised to work with Tabs on her tumbling if she made the team, to help her quickly catch up with the rest of the squad's abilities.

Tabitha glanced up at the sound of a familiar voice, and seeing her crush approaching nearly made her heart stop. "Oh my gosh, Jakeeey!" She squealed, scrambling to her feet and attacking the boy in a hug that nearly toppled him over. The look of shock on Jacob's face afterwards sent a strong wave of embarassment over the brunette, and she had to fight the urge to run off the field and all the way home. The inevitable regret of missing tryouts the only thing forcing her sneakered feet to stay cemented in their spot.

So she remained, beaming, cheeks pink, grey eyes sparkling as she took in the sight of the cute boy she hadn't seen since their awkward Independence Day non-date. There was definitely something different about how she carried herself. Her tiny frame standing up straight in a much more confident posture compared to that night, clad in baggy sweats and a uncharacteristically revealing cropped t-shirt; Tabs was so excited to see Jacob that it didn't even occur to her to feel self-conscious about her attire in that moment. "How are you? You look great!" The brunette blurted out without thinking, causing her face to redden. "I--you're so tan," She amended with a nervous laugh. "I heard you've been away on vacation?"
code by valen t.

MOOD: Stressed, sad, smitten

basics
MENTIONS:

Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Romir LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
Chance ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:

Faith & Frankie r e i r e i

tags
TL;DR: Cheerleading tryouts
tl;dr
Claire Malkovich
Pull me closer if you think you can hang...

Claire spared a quick glance to her co-captain, turning her attention back to her group to watch them stoicly before answering. She knew Faith didn't think much of her. But she also knew they were stuck working together, and respected the ravenette's leadership skills and no-nonsense approach to her vice captain position, so Claire always regarded her with a cold but civil attitude. "Saturday practices, definitely." Claire's tone was cool and curt, but she did offer a slight nod in agreement to Faith's suggestion.

She let out a thoughtful sigh at the question of the standouts in her group. "Lemon has potential, and she'll work hard to get up to speed. I know she won't leave us hanging. And we have another boy trying out this year. Romir? He's a good dancer. So is Tabitha...the short girl. And she'll be easy to lift," Claire gestured to the petite brunette. "Fuck yes," With a scoff, Claire answered matter-of-factly to the question of whether there was any possibility of a cheer competition state championship, turning back to the other girl with a cocky smirk. "I'm captain now, so of course there is."

Frankie's familiar voice calling out to her made Claire break into a wide grin, turning to watch the handsome football player jog over. He winked, flashing the most charming smile, and the cheerleader's fluttering heart nearly dropped into her stomach.

"Hey, Frankie Cutie. Of course I am," She giggled. With Frankie standing so close, Claire ached to feel his strong arms around her, and out of sheer habit nearly hopped right into them. The smell of his sweat, his clothes clinging to his toned physique making her want to just pounce on the raven-haired athlete, feverishly kissing him, and whisper in his ear all the nasty things she'd like to do with him later.

But of course she couldn't. She had to remain at least somewhat professional in front of her squad. And more importantly, Frankie was taken. That adorable face, soft lips, his fragile boy heart all off-limits, as they belonged to Chance now. Though Claire's smile faltered for a split second, she forced it to stay put, but there was no concealing the sadness in her chocolate brown doe eyes. "So how's football tryouts?" She asked casually.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: uncreative; a little heartbroken; feeling stupid

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Yohan)

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Derrick)

INT:
Myling Myling (Dylan)

tags
TL;DR
how does one deal with heartbreak?
tl;dr
Diana Matthews
all our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them

Diana avoided her problems, one of two ways; one being her fists and two being that she avoided it. In high school she heavily relied on the former option. But now that she was an adult, she couldn’t necessarily go around fighting people, so this’ll have to do, unraveling the life of her ex’s 15-year-old brother.

She notices that he avoids her question and focuses instead on her comment about his brothers and football. Somehow, the Lowes and Matthews family had become intertwined which is why Diana knew so much about the other boys. Jason had just always been in her life, then there was Derrick. Chance and Vinnie were best friends (and Diana was sure that Vin had a thing for her niece). And now here were Diana and Dylan. The universe had its accidents, and the Matthews and Lowes were a significant and good one.

Dylan’s laugh at her comment makes her feel a little better, but she knows that the both of them are not doing okay. Especially not with his small football confession. “Well, I say maybe find something that you do enjoy or it’s gonna be hell. I tried cheer once, because my mom wanted me too and Liv was a cheerleader, but basketball was what I really found myself enjoying.”

Diana hopes that her advice could help whatever burden sat on his shoulders, but as soon as he opened up, he pulled away. He quickly asks if he’s okay and Diana could only nod before Dylan is off again. She watches him scurry off to football practice. When he turns the corner, Diana pulls it together realizing that the small interaction had distracted her enough from her thoughts. She continues walking down the street hoping the small reprieve from Yohan and Derrick let enough inspiration into her mind.

code by valen t.

MOOD: a little curious; content; over it

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Alistair)

@me (Nolan)

INT:
tags
TL;DR

breakups and marriage and pancakes and berries

tl;dr
Liv Matthews
pour yourself a glass, you deserve it

Well, he won’t be talking fondly about me now. Olivia scoffs, taking a sip of her water. It hurts Liv to say it, but it makes it all the more true. We’re also not talking, ended things, actually.

Olivia noticed Logan look back at her husband and the sight kind of irritates her. When people would see that Alistair and she were in some sort of relationship and think that she was stepping out on her husband, it hurt. She could never step out of her marriage with Nolan, she couldn’t even imagine tomorrow without her husband. Maybe that’s why it was so easy for Liv to break things off with Alistair. He was asking for too much and Nolan already had most of her that there wasn’t enough to give to Ali.

He knows about Alistair. It’s how our marriage…works, I guess. Glad I’m married to him instead of Alistair. That man can be a pain in the ass. Her comment brings herself to start laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. She could definitely see what she had fallen in love with within Alistair, but that was dangerous for both of them. She was never going to fully commit to the Canadian and he was never going to understand what love with her meant.

Looking at Logan in front of her, she wondered if maybe the same thing happened with her and Alistair. Was he looking for love so bad that he overstepped and was willing to hurt them? So, if you don’t mind me asking, Liv gestures to the open seat in front of her as an invitation, what’s your story with Alistair?
code by valen t.

MOOD: content; curiosity piqued

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle (Harper)

tags
TL;DR
huh?
tl;dr
Jonah Shiltz
Opinions don't define your reality

Technically, I’m just your coworker. My grandpa is your boss, so we can talk. The bartender leans against the bar, his arms folded as he looks at the young waitress. It was like the more she told him about her situation, the more complicated it got. Jonah knew his fair share of gossip around Anchor Bay; he was a bartender, and it was kind of a part of his job.

He kind of knew of the kind of character Zach had, but then he knew of the kind of person Harper was. He couldn’t put two and two together and see how they could’ve gotten together. There must have been a reason, right?

Harper, in the time that you have worked here I would like to think that I have gotten know you a little. He leans down a little to ensure that she is looking at him and sees how sincere he is. I’m not gonna lie to you, I’m not all that great with relationships, haven’t even been in one myself. He falters a little, embarrassed by the confession. Being the face of the bar late at night and being young, meant that a lot of people flirted with him, girls and guys alike. It made Jonah nervous at times, especially when Carson did it or even Logan, but he couldn’t deny that he wasn’t a little used to it.

It looks like you saw something in Zach that made you happy. And you saw something in him that said that he isn’t the asshole that everyone thinks he is. He places a soft hand on her arm, a symbol of comfort.

If your friends are as great as you, they’ll recognize your happiness and they’ll give him a chance, okay. Don’t beat yourself over it, okay?
code by valen t.

MOOD: in a lot of pain; doped up

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)

Dazzle Dazzle (Noah)
tags
TL;DR
pain, again

tl;dr
Winona Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal

Noah was always able to grab Winnie’s attention, even when she didn’t want to. He pulled her eyes from Oliver’s phone and the turtles that painted the screen. When Ollie jumps, even through her hazy mind, Winnie was able to sense her friend’s slight fear. It was like second nature now when it came to Oliver. She again places a small touch on his arm to settle him.

When her ex talks, Winnie stares at him, not believing that he was standing in front of her. The sight saddens her a little bit, but it brought her some type of comfort. They ended on the terrible side, but he was right here for her when she was so scared to ask anyone else for help. Right now, Noah was her lifeline. When his face is close, she plays with his hair a little, the actions acting at some sort of comfort. They said they’re gonna call her, I don’t know how long ago that was. Winnie’s speech is slow, and she barely form the words appropriately.

Oh! Winnie jumps, waking up just a little. Ollie, this is Noah. Noah, Ollie. When she introduces the two boys she swaps them, pointing at Noah when she says Ollie and pointing at Ollie when she says Noah. Even though Noah was already in the process of introducing himself. The dancer was starting to lose her grasp at consciousness, and she just wanted to sleep, but she also didn’t want to. Not with Oliver and Noah on either side of her bed.

The older brunette takes Winnie’s hand from his hair and braids their fingers together, the action causing for Winnie’s heart to beat a little faster. And her heart beating faster reminds her of all the times that it’s been like that. With Noah of course, but also with Dustin. Now her mind bounces between two guys that have been able to captivate her in different ways at different parts of her life. But then Noah goes and says that and he has her all over again.

Because. I was falling love with you.

The confession only makes Winnie laugh abruptly, and before she can even acknowledge her laugh, there are tears in her eyes. You guys are dicks. All you two did was hurt me and I want to be angry, but I can’t. You should be more like Oliver; he’s never hurt me.

Despite her upset proclamations she tightly holds onto Noah’s hand, her feelings being magnified by the morphine still dripping into her IV. She just wanted to sleep.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: wary

OUTFIT: Hiding

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Noah Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR Winnie got hurt while dancing and Oliver isn't okay.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver sat in silence as Winnie introduced him to Noah, not giving so much as a wave or even a nod of recognition. Just an unflinching stare, as though Oliver wasn’t sure if what he was seeing was even real.
Noah, however, paid little mind to the younger boy looking like a deer caught in headlights. Instead, he went straight to Winona’s bedside, pulling up a chair close to her so he could take her hand and weave his fingers into hers, his thumb softly brushing over her knuckles.
“Because I was falling in love with you.”
Oliver watched this, feeling a knot in the pit of his stomach. He knew little of Winnie’s breakup with Dustin. He’d been told about it by her, and later by Ashley, and Dustin himself had concurred it later, but he still didn’t understand. It had all happened so quickly, and without him being there for any of it, and these kinds of relationships were still so new to him that just the word ‘love’, spoken from a stranger to a friend, made him on edge.

Winona laughed at Noah’s words; though there was nothing funny about them. The sound sent a chill down Oliver’s spine, instantly wracking his brain with the urge to flee the room.
Why was she laughing?
It sounded surreal… almost wrong.
“You guys are dicks.” Her words instantly made Oliver look towards himself, down into his empty hands. He was the only other in the room, but she couldn’t be talking about him, right? He hadn’t done anything. He hadn’t spoken. He’d barely even moved. Before he knew it he had frozen up, curling in on himself and hardly hearing the rest of her words over the rush of blood to his ears.
“All you two did was hurt me and I want to be angry, but I can’t. You should be more like Oliver; he’s never hurt me.”

Noah had hurt her. When? How? And who else was she talking about?
It hadn’t clicked in his brain that she was talking about emotional wounds, or that those could even be categorized under that same word. The kind of hurt that Oliver was familiar with… a more corporeal hurt.
The kind of hurt that Winnie was now, lying helpless in a hospital bed.
That was the hurt he knew.
Noah had hurt her.

Already, Oliver had subconsciously started scanning Noah for superficial similarities to his own mother. Fixating on every loop and wave in his dark hair, listening for that low whispering hiss in his voice, eying his hands as if he half expected a clean coat of glossy coral-pink nail polish to appear on his fingertips.
The idea that people who hurt people could be spotted out like predators in the wild, like coyotes lurking by the rabbits’ warrens… that idea was silly and fantastical, something that someone who was as realistic as Oliver couldn’t possibly genuinely believe.
He was smarter than that.
And yet here he was, hearing the word ‘hurt’ and trying to trace the likeness of a familiar image over a stranger.
Why?

And despite everything that Winnie had said, despite the pain she was in, her hand tightly grasped Noah’s, and their fingers remained locked together. She said nothing more after that. Why would she let him touch her? If he’d hurt her…

Oliver grimaced, his eye twitching a bit as he blinked forcefully, as though he were trying to rid the sight from his eyes.
One of his hands stayed folded into the pocket of his hoodie, resting inches away from the handle of his switchblade. His other hand was left hovering motionless by his shoulder as though paralyzed, not knowing what to do with it after fighting off the instinct to bite at his fingers. Everything about this was nearly unbearable to watch and sit through

The room felt devoid of air. All that was left was the stinging smell of rubbing alcohol, the low humming and flickering of the lights, and the suffocating sensation of being trapped

code by valen t.

Way Too

Secret?

Chaste kissing was all or nothing.

Taking the world up by a typhoon, Zach’s mouth coveted Harper’s lips. Yet, Harper Anderson seasonally loved storms, and kissed back impromptu. The aftereffects left the sunflower-haired womanizer cold-sweating, the figure of his girlfriend making a getaway in his eyes.

Languidly, his thumb stroked his lips and he smirked at the door of the restaurant which fell close.

The rest of the weeks since the regatta had shuffled through wisecracking with the older librarian while Harper tried to read, beach volleyball nights with the Montgomery brothers, and lifeguarding.

The radio bumbled with mid-caribbean beats as he drove away from dropping off Harper at work, the tires spreeing out on Anchor Bay asphalt.

Zachary Lee was doing better. He was. But, he was here again, parked outside of the natatorium laying a line of a couple grams on the edge of his palm and straightening it out with a credit card. He shouldn’t take it. Harper wouldn’t have wanted him to. His pride was also at stake this morning. Swim meant so much to Zachary Lee, but he had been this way since fourteen.

Who the hell was he now?

It made him anxious to think his popularity was going quiet especially now that school was starting up again. It made him anxious as hell to think that the person he had been making was for nothing.

When the car door shut, he ran a hand through his layered leo gold hair and walked straight into the natatorium. The lights felt bright and he had to put a hand over his eyes to calm his senses.

Zachary Lee wasn’t patient. He could hear himself breathing slowly as he pulled his shirt over his head. He could feel his skin get cold and some eyes divert towards him. A slow smirk pulled at the edges of his mouth, as he pulled out his lifeguarding whistle from his swim trunks. He pulled it around his neck and cracked his neck.

The plastic whistle hooked onto his lips, and he gave a whistle.

“Don’t tell me you’re all looking to challenge the last year’s captain?” he bragged, faux-smiling wide.

“That’s right,” he breathed, wiping at his forehead pensively, “Zachary Lee is back. Better than ever before.”

He noticed someone out of curiosity.

“Class president,” he gave a mock salute, crouching near the edge of the pool, “You’re a piece of work. What brings you out to this edge of the field?”

mood: competitive
sponsored by Dasani Water
into it.

© PASTA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back