• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: nervous, guilty

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Carson)

INT:

LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)
tags
TL;DR
He's nervous
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself

Hassim had gotten better after his breakup with Carson. He had been focusing on work and volunteering at the community center that he wasn’t really paying attention to his relationship woes. It was also hard to think of anything of the romantic sense when Artemis hadn’t really talked to him for another two weeks. Hassim was confused by the bookstore employee’s actions at first as they had just confessed to each other their feelings, but the lifeguard was willing to give Artie his time.

Besides it let Hassim focus on finally helping his sister settle in the town of Anchor Bay. Layla had already shown that she didn’t like it in the small seaside town. And she had also shown that since she was already 18, despite still being in high school, she was going to do her own thing. She would disappear from the apartment for hours at a time and wouldn’t tell her brother even though he would be worried. He didn’t want to fight her, Hassim knew that much, but he didn’t want her to think that she was always going to get her way. But for now, the only person that she seemed to get along with was Mac and Hassim took that as a win. He had his hopes up that he could help.

When Artemis finally texted Hassim back, it made him a little excited. He was willing to finally figure out what was going on between the two of them. Artemis had been able take over Hassim’s mind since he reached out after the breakup. Hassim had felt a little guilty that so soon after the breakup with Carson, her friend had captured his total attention, but he couldn’t deny that since they first kissed, Artie had floated in the back of the Egyptian’s mind most of the time.

It was the very thing that had Hassim rummaging through his piles of laundry trying to find something. Nagging his sister, again, about what to wear. That shirt is hideous, go with something else, the white one looked better. Layla says before abandoning him in his struggle. She was something else.

After finally settling on his outfit and clipping the leash to Mac’s collar, Hassim leaves his apartment and makes his way to where Artemis was waiting for him. The bookstore wasn‘t far from where Hassim lived, but far enough to have Mac stretch her legs. He walked into the A Likely Story, greeting the few bookkeepers that seem to linger around with a smile and a ‘hey’. He doesn’t spot Artemis among his coworkers, so he moves to wandering down aisles of shelves until her spotted the freckled man filling up the shelf with some books. Artemis doesn’t notice Hassim, so Hassim sidles up to him, softly leaning against the shelf. He softly places his hand on Artemis’s arm as to not scare him. Hey Artie.

code by valen t.

MOOD: nervous; bashful; determined

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

r e i r e i (isa)

INT:
r e i r e i (Frankie)
tags
TL;DR
Practice with the boyfriend

tl;dr
Chance Matthews
the battle within will have collateral damage

Waking up that morning was easy for Chance. For once things seemed semi okay. Isa had officially been adopted into his family. He and Max were friends, and it wasn’t too awkward (being friends with Max after kissing meant that there was always going to be some sort of awkward). His relationship with Frankie only seemed to be getting better, Chance felt like it was almost time for them to come out as couple since it’s been about three weeks since they started dating. It was only getting harder to hide the fact that they were dating. And Chance was getting more comfortable being his true self.

Today was also football tryouts. Chance wasn’t as invested in football as much as he was with track, but he still enjoyed the sport. He and his father played it a lot before, and Chance continued playing it as some sort of homage to his dad. It was also to stick by Frankie, who had made football his love. Chance had guessed that it was to distract himself from what happened at home, though Chance could never exactly know unless Frankie explicitly told him. Though whenever the two of them were together, it wasn’t like they were focused on that or anything but themselves in those moments they were alone.

Today, the two boys were supposed to be focused on tryouts, especially with Frankie as captain but all Chance wanted to do was hang out with his boyfriend. At the high school surrounded by all their peers, who at a majority didn’t know that they were dating, would have to do.

When Chance pulls up to the school, he easily spots Frankie. It was like he was always searching for him and was always able to find him. Frankie was pulling stuff out of his car, but Chance interrupts him, to steal a little bit of time before they had to be out in public. Hey dipshit. Chance calls out walking up to his boyfriend, the butterflies fluttering in all parts of his soul. It was crazy how much Frankie could do to him with the smallest gestures.

With a quick glance around to make sure that no one was watching, Chance plants a kiss on Frankie’s lip, savoring it because he knew that was going to be the only one until they were alone again later. Ready to get through the day?

code by valen t.

MOOD: still heartbroken; determined; worried

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin)

r e i r e i (Faith)

Dazzle Dazzle (Harper)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)
tags
TL;DR
dance, dance, dance

tl;dr
Winona Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal

The cut on Oliver’s cheek only made the sinking feeling in her gut worse, she knew that he probably didn’t want to talk about it. It seemed like Ollie was using her as some sort of escape and Winnie was willing to let him use her as that. Okay, we don’t have to talk about it. She gives him a small smile. And of course, you can stay here. We’re mostly doing some blocking.

She leads Oliver out of the small dressing room and leads him down the hallway. The building was a little older, having opened in the 70s, but it held various rehearsal rooms and dressing rooms, and then there was a large auditorium. Winona had performed in it since she was little, it was definitely her home away from home. After her dad died, she had put her all in dance, it was a bit of a distraction. It was one for three years. Dance was all she could count on.

When they make it to the auditorium, a few of her castmates were running through watered down versions of their dances, trying to help the choreographer. There weren’t many dancers within Anchor Bay. Winnie, Madi, and Ronan were the only ones in the town that currently danced, most of the other dancers were all collected from neighboring towns. Winnie was grateful, how else would they create large performances with the small number of dancers they had.

The dancer doesn’t head to the stage yet, but instead heads over to the seats to sit with Oliver. Choosing to watch the others dance first and talk to her friend, who she hadn’t seen in a while. But to be fair, Winnie hadn’t really talked to anyone. She had logged out of most of her social media and didn’t really message anyone. She needed a little space; people were being all lovey dovey on twitter and she still couldn’t get over the fact that she and Dustin broke up two weeks ago. It was unfair to her friends as she had just disappeared, she’d have to check up on Harper, Max, and Faith too. I feel like I haven’t seen you in a while Ollie, granted I guess that’s my fault.

She was meddling with the small poof of her tutu and tapping her pointe shoes against the ground. What’ve you been to this summer?

Maybe the small talk was to get him to not think about whatever got him troubled or maybe it was a way to avoid any attention on her. She didn’t like when people watched her dance, at least during rehearsals, she was much more comfortable when the performance was real because that meant all her hard work had paid off. But for Ollie, she’d be willing to let him stay, unlike with Vincent, who always seemed to bother her about watching her rehearse.

Miss Matthews! Madame Jones calls the girl’s name, instantly gaining her attention. We’re gonna need you up here after Madilynn runs her part.

Yes ma’am. Winnie smiles, before turning her attention back to Oliver. Looks like you’ve got me for some time.

code by valen t.

MOOD: focused; a little excited

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:

tags
TL;DR
she's got a lot on her plate
tl;dr
Donna Lee
if you look for perfection, you will never be content

When she walked in the ice rink that morning, the sun hadn’t even settled over the horizon. It was still dark, and although many people could admit that they were afraid of the dark, Donna liked it. It gave her the seclusion she needed, it let her focus. She didn’t have to be at the high school till a lot later, swim practice being the main priority of her day. She just wanted to glide against the ice for a little bit.

The young girl had been on ice for as long as she could remember, it was one of those many activities her parents signed her up for as she grew up. And out of all of them she appreciated this the most. The chill of the arena and the slick sound of ice comforted Donna as her moves echoed against the vast space. She goes at this for hours, only stopping for a drink of water or to fix an axel that she felt she landed wrong. It isn’t until she hears the arrival of other people does she move to start making her way to the locker room.

The repetitive nature of her favorite hobby has made her less susceptible to soreness and after a quick stretch and a short shower to freshen up, Donna was ready to tackle the swim tryouts at the high school.

There were a few people starting to walk into the school by the time she pulled up. She doesn’t get out immediately, she still had time before swim tryouts started and then there was volleyball tryouts after that. Donna knew it was a lot, but her parents had expectations for her. And after what happened a year ago, Donna understood and was willing to do anything that made them look at her like she was their daughter again. Her parents weren’t mad, but the disappointment was enough.

It hurt. Donna couldn’t deny it.

She thought that winning student body president would do something, but it didn’t. Because not only was she competing for the basic affection of her parents, but she was competing against Chloe. Her business rival, who had been the center of Donna’s problems, was still living it up in high Canadian society while Donna had to wait for everything to cool off win a small American town. It angered the girl a little bit, but she would always fulfill her parents’ wishes.

Laughter pulls Donna out of her thoughts, and she takes it as a sign to get inside. Swim was another activity that she did a lot of growing up, she didn’t like it as much as ice skating, but she enjoyed it and was good at it. Stepping in the large pool area snapped Donna into game mode as she noticed that other swimmers populating the space. This was going to be easy for her.

code by valen t.

MOOD: disturbed

OUTFIT: Hiding

basics
MENTIONS:
Jacob
Mildred

INT:
Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

tags
TL;DR Oliver shows up unexpectedly at Winnie's dance studio.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver let out an involuntary sigh of relief when Winnie agreed that they didn’t have to talk about the deep scratch wound on his face. He’d stumbled through a few excuses in his head, but he was happier not having to lie.
One might assume Oliver wasn’t good at lying: and indeed, he certainly had not ever been, and yet he told more lies in his day-to-day than many would tell in a month. More often than not, simply existing required him to lie: to his mother, mostly, but to his sisters too, and to his friends, though it hurt him to do so.
Sometimes he felt as though being out with his friends was a kind of lie in and of itself. He loved them, but would they still if they knew?
Was he being manipulative with his dishonesty?
It was something he thought about a lot. If anything filled his mind half as much as the fascinating shelled form of sea turtles did, it was the passive concern that one day his clumsy half-truths and false denials would lead him straight to his end.

The small teen followed Winnie closely as they walked out of the dressing room. He’d never actually been inside the dance studio, so he didn’t know his way around it. He’d walked by the building many times, which was how he’d found it so easily, but it was still a new place to him. New places were always a little alarming: as he walked, he kept his steps light and his arms up in a guarded position, instinctively nervous about what might be around every corner.
Anchor Bay was only a small town, after all… who knows what or who one might run into?

“What’ve you been to this summer?” Asked Winona, softly so as not to disrupt the dancers rehearsing onstage. After having been friends all year in school, Winona had gotten good at getting Oliver talking. It took him a while, but he got there… he usually did, anyhow. If there was ever a time when he couldn’t even talk to Winnie, that was when things had already gotten far too bad to come back from. And out of all his friends, Winnie and Jacob had helped him through the most of his worst moments.
“I got a job,” Oliver explained, keeping his voice low, trying to match her volume to the best of his ability– it wasn’t always something he was good at, but since he often ended up more on the too-quiet end of the spectrum, it was alright in this circumstance “It’s over the– I mean under… under the table. I’m c-cleaning, mostly. And I… I have… I do… and I have someone I’m helping.” There was a flatness to his tone, even with his shaking stammer muddling the words. He brought his hand to his face without thinking, absentmindedly picking at the scab forming over the cut slashed into his cheek. "Mildred. I-I like her. She... I like her. She's nice."
Winnie was called to from the stage and Oliver flinched, half-expecting to be told to get on his way, but Winnie let him know they had a few minutes to chat while the dancer who was currently up finished her routine. As long as the conversation never drifted back to his family, he had reached an uneasy and fragile sort of peace. It was only a matter of time before he'd have to go home... but why not put it off? Stay away as long as he could, Give himself a little time to breathe.

code by valen t.

"Here we go.."

When Celeria hears the door open she looked up at Yohan as she heard his voice. He sounded like he had just woke up, a little raspy,but it was okay. He looked a lot better than she thought he would. His dark hair and brown eyes complimented his fair skin and made her lose her thought process. Celeria blinked a couple of times before breaking out a smile. "Cat Burglar huh? What does that make you?" She said coming into his home so she could put down the carrier. "But it's a pleasure to finally meet you too Yuzu" she said as he left the room. She didn't know what he was doing so she crouched down to open the carrier. Baloo about sprung out to stretch her body. Celeria looked at her for a moment, taking in how pretty she was,before feeling something soft and dry on her shoulders. She stood up and looked up at Yohan while drying her dark hair to make sure it didn't drop on the floor anymore than it already did..though it was mostly her clothes that were dripping. "If I got a cold then it'd be over for you and I haha. I'd get you sick so I'm not alone" she laughed. "But hey even if I got a cold if it's really good fine dining I'll be able to tell!" Celeria stated as she followed the man through his home.

If it wasn't for the pops of color it would be seen as plain,but he was probably just a minimalist. She couldn't judge. His place did look clean and that was the main thing that mattered.

She did bump her nose into his back a couple of times as he changed direction before he entered his room. She didn't have to much time yet to look around because he was opening his closet for her. She thought he was just going to give her the towel and be done, but he was a gentleman about it. Not to say she was surprised, she doesn't even know the guy enough to be surprised by anything he does. She is taking everything like a grain of salt.

Celeria want expected him to say he was invested in her, but she appreciated it tremendously. "That would mean im invested in you too, not just because you took my cat" she jokingly said as he walked around the corner.

He said thank you... he sounded sincere.. but did he really mean I could choose anything?? I can't be in here all day though I haven't even said hello to my Milk- Ah okay focus Cel!

She just figured one of his white button up shirts and a black sweater vest. She just wanted to be simple and she knew his pants wouldn't fit her anyways so it was the better option to wear his shirts as a dress. Luckily by the time she got dressed her hair stop dripping and was just damp so she put the towel in the dirty clothes hamper she saw and took that opportunity to look around his room briefly.

It smelt clean and the sheets didn't look like they had a crease on them, it was pretty impressive considering the things she's seen in the past with guys.

After her little inspection she walked out towards the kitchen. "I didn't know where to put my wet clothes so I put them hanging off the hamper in there so your other clothes don't get wet or mildewie. You're welcome" she said seeing Milk at Yohans feet. Celeria pouted and she whined out the the kitties name. "Miruku~~!" The cat looked over and excitedly went over to Celeria so she crouched down to pick him up and hold him. He was purring against her chest and Celeria was holding back inner tears. "I'm sorry Milk" she mumbled to him as she kissed the top of his head. Milk seemed pleased by this reaction. Celeria was lucky it was Yohan that got Milk and not some creep.

"Thank you for taking care of Milk Yohan. Under the circumstances I'm glad it was you" she said softly and sincerely as Milk gave her cheek some much wanted kisses.

Then another thought popped into her head as she was reuniting with her Milk. "Ah yeah didn't I say I'd smoke you in cooking somethings? You seemed pretty confident Yuzu" she teasingly said walking around the cold floor to the kitchen where she would've followed Yohan. She expected him to say a slick comeback as she knew she would've. Granted most dishes cook she knew he'd be better. That was a given. However,she loved a challenge. Maybe he did too? She could only wait and see which she had no problems doing.

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

lion. lion.

Last edited:

scroll

Vanja Novak

Vanja.

mood

slightly nervous yet excited

at his parents’ > cafe

interactions

His family > Dante

”No need to thank me. This was no bother.”
Vanja answered to his mother thanking him for bringing his sister back home. He was sitting on the sofa of his childhood home’s living room chatting with his parents. Couple of the siblings were sitting with them in the living room, a couple were in the kitchen playing board games and the rest were in their own rooms. The reason for Vanja’s stay at his parents’ house was quite simple.

One of his little siblings, Iana the 14-year-old, had visited her friends yesterday, and what had started as a regular hangout with friends, turned into the teens getting drunk. She was supposed to go home before ten, but the girl didn’t want to go home drunk. Their parents were pretty chill but they didn’t think positively about underage drinking. So Iana had messaged her oldest brother and Vanja who had done his fair share of dumb stuff as a teen, let the girl sober up at his apartment. But that would stay as a secret between the two siblings.

Vanja’s parents were quite talkative and it was always a real struggle to get rid of them. Vanja kept looking at the clock. His parents lived in a city close to Anchor Bay and if this kept going Vanja would be late from his date. “Okay, I really need to go now.” Vanja said eventually and stood up to leave. “Why are you in such a hurry? I was just going to make a pie. You should stay for a while longer and eat with us.” Vanja’s mother was starting to ramble. It was the famous making a pie scenario. A tactic Vanja’s mother would use when there was a guest she didn’t want to leave yet.

“No. I really need to leave or I will be late from this… meeting.” Vanja’s rambling was answered by a questioning look on the mother’s face. “Meeting?” She simply asked. “More of a date. A first date.” Vanja admitted. “I will tell you all afterwards.” He added quickly before his mother could ask any more questions. With those words Vanja left the living room. He put on his shoes and when he was going to leave for real, he heard his father’s voice.

“Do you have condoms or do you need to borrow from me?” He shouted from the living room. This was followed by Vanja’s mothers nagging. “It’s a first date, he won’t need them. Besides, do you always have to be such a brute?” Her tone was strict. “But I know my son. He…” Vanja heard his father continuing but he didn’t stay to hear the rest. “I’m off!” He shouted back ignoring the convo he had just heard. Oh why did his parents have to be like that?

While driving back to Anchor Bay, Vanja had time to think about the upcoming date. While in his family’s company, he had forgotten just how nervous the date made him. It wasn’t like it was his first date ever so there was really no reason to be so nervous. But he was. Vanja didn’t really do dates, at least not the normal kind. He just did lot of hook ups and casual sex. He wasn’t the most romantic person and he didn’t know if Dante was expecting that. “You’re stressing over this way too much.” He mumbled to himself as he arrived at Anchor bay.

Vanja parked his car close to the date location, a local cafe. Not anything super fancy but not too shabby either. Apparently the cafe was famous for their chocolate cake. As Vanja walked towards the place, he saw a familiar fellow. Dark curly hair and pretty chocolate brown eyes on a handsome face. It was his date, Dante. “Heyy, I hope you didn’t need to wait for me too long.” Vanja said with an apologizing smile on his face. He opened the cafe’s door and motioned the younger male to step in.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: anxious lol

OUTFIT: top - pants - shoes

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (Hassim)

tags
TL;DR Artemis being awkward
tl;dr
artemis mercier
i don't wanna be myself, it's making me so unwell
One thing that Artemis liked about his job - or, rather, about having a job in general - was the structure. The routine, the tasks, the things that he had to spend time doing or thinking about. It meant that he wasn't thinking or stressing about other things, because he didn't have the chance to. Of course, while he worked, the thought of Hassim still lingered in the back of his mind, but he was able to be easily distracted by the task at hand; namely, filling shelves with books. It was because of this distraction that Artemis didn't even notice Hassim entering the bookstore, nor Hassim walking down the very aisle that Artemis was working in.

He jumped at the hand on his arm, head whipping around to where the contact came from, but he relaxed a little when he saw Hassim. And then he panicked again because holy shit, Hassim was here, and now they were going to talk and Artemis hated talking. "Hey," he greeted, echoing Hassim. "Hi. Hey. Um..." he glanced down at the box that he was holding and thought that it would be incredibly awkward for him to just hold a box of books while they talked, so he placed it on the ground and then looked back at Hassim, attempting a smile that he was sure looked awfully nervous. "Hi." Wincing at the fact that he'd greeted Hassim five times now, Artemis took a deep breath.

"Um, thanks for... for dropping by. It's nice to see you. Been a while." Artemis decided to leave out the fact that it had been a while because Artemis had been the one distancing himself from Hassim. He cleared his throat and dropped his gaze, staring at his shoes. "Sorry, again, about... about Carson. I know you liked her. And she liked you, of course." His eyes drifted slowly from his shoes to the animal that stood at Hassim's feet. "Oh. Your dog's here," he commented stupidly, instantly regretting ever speaking.
code by valen t.

scroll

angry puppy

Niila.

mood

Happy

outfit

His host family’s place

interactions

Arthur

”Come on in.”
Niila said after opening the door, and motioned Arthur to step in the house. “You know I want you to be honest with me, but this can definitely be an exception.” He answered to the girls blabbering about how she felt bad about lying and how she wanted just to do something good for the boy.

Niila suddenly felt his face getting hotter. He for sure hoped he wouldn't be blushing. If he did that Arthur would for sure think he was being weird.Did Arthur really say she wanted to do something good for him? Oh god, wasn’t she so cute! She was always able to make him smile like an idiot. Soon she handed him a drink and some sweets.

Niila just stared at his now full hands blankly. Had Arthur really gone through the trouble of getting these to him? Was that something friends did? ’Don’t get your hopes up. She just did this because she’s so sweet and friendly. You’re no one special.’ Niila tried to speak some sense to himself, but it didn’t change anything: he was still smiling like an idiot all charmed by Arthur.

“Oh no it’s all fine. I love salmiakki and black licorice is like best equivalent to it. Oh, also how did you know that dark chocolate is my favorite type of chocolate?” Niila blabbered and his smile just grew bigger the more he talked. Oh no, he should stop it. Wasn’t it weird to smile after something like that? Arthur probably just had a habit of giving small gifts to his friends like this. Maybe it was an American thing? KInd of like how his moms forced him to always give a package of coffee to his friends’ parents when he was visiting their homes.

“Of course I’m going to teach you some guitar. Isn’t that why you’re here?” Niila asked the girl as they stepped into the house and led the two of them to the room he was staying in. Niila put the treats and drink to the table and then turned back to Arthur. “Do you wanna start the guitar lesson right away?” He asked the girl.

“Or do you want some?” Niila wasn’t sure if his latter question was clear. But by some he meant the treats Arthur had given to him. Wait… could that sentence be misunderstood. Niila felt his face hottening once again. “Chocolate or licorice, I mean.” He cleared out.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: content; curiosity piqued

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Zach)

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle (Harper)

tags
TL;DR
huh?
tl;dr
Jonah Shiltz
Opinions don't define your reality

Opening the restaurant that morning went like it usually did. Working at the family business was second nature and it flowed so easily, he enjoyed his time there. It was supposed to be a pit stop before he went to grad school, but he hasn’t necessarily been able to figure out his next plan.

His family seemed to be populated by geniuses. His sisters all had prestigious careers that their mother would pine over. Jonah had finished his degree in neuroscience and his parents expected him to continue his education, and maybe Jonah would. But for now, opening the family restaurant sounded like what he was meant to do. And it’s what his grandpa liked, having his family around always soothed the old man and the girls were always busy with work they couldn’t visit as often as they had liked, so Jonah was enough.

The 22-year-old didn’t mind, he really was a lost spirit and had no idea what he was doing. He hadn’t played hockey since leaving campus and his grad school applications were collecting dust on his computer. His friends tried to get his mind off it, like Carson and Diana, but going home and having his mother not bother asking him about his day anymore, brought his mind back to it. It wasn’t her fault, there just wasn’t anything new, the best thing he could talk about was the customers that came through. Like how this old couple had breakfast every morning, except Thursdays, at their usual spot on the patio. And how Old Man Wallace had too much to drink and was snoring it off on the extra cot in the manager’s office. Or how Diana would sit at the piano for hours scribbling away in a sheet book trying to come up with anything, just like today. Maybe his mom was tired of hearing of other’s days and not her sons.

The bell softly chiming over the door resumes Jonah’s customer service and gets his pity party to stop. He looks up ready to welcome the guest only to notice that it’s Harper. One of the waitresses who’d been working at the bar for a while after Wallace convinced Jonah’s grandfather to hire her. Jonah and Harper had gotten somewhat close, but not close enough for her to tell him about the blonde-haired guy that she had kissed and was now pushing out of the door.

Jonah believed that she could do what she wanted, it didn’t seem like she was doing anything wrong. But when she turned around and made eye contact with the bartender, she looked a little sheepish, a little guilty. Hey, as long as no one’s having sex in our bathroom, you’re good. No need to look so guilty Harper. He tries to soften the scenario by giving her a smile, but he has no idea how that could possibly help.
code by valen t.

scroll

the activist

Dylan.

mood

in hurry

outfit

The Lowes’ home > Streets of Anchor Bay

interactions

Alone > Diana

Two weeks had passed since the Boat Regatta.
Dylan was laying outfit opinions on top of his bed while thinking back to the regatta. It had gone wonderfully. Jenny and Vinnie’s date got ruined just like Dylan wanted. And even better: it got ruined for a reason beyond his control.

Ronan was really a guy that could be trusted. He hadn’t only flirted with Vinnie but kissed him, which caused a huge fight between the older Lowes brother and his girlfriend. Vinnie of course reacted in a Vinnie like manner: punched Ronan and was mean to Jenny. It clearly didn’t raise his points in anyone's eyes.

Maybe it was karma or the irony of fate, but just when Dylan thought Jenny realized what a jerk Vinnie was, she didn’t break up with him!? For some reason they were able to make up and they were back being as lovey dovey as previously. It made Dylan furious. He didn’t understand what Jenny saw in Vinnie. Dylan would’ve been a lot better choice. What Vinnie had that he hadn’t?

“Ugh.. Whatever. I’m going to stop thinking about this and focus on my outfit.” He mumbled silently to himself. He looked at the options thinking about what would be the best one. He had a few outfits to choose from: all were quite sporty and 'manly' since he was going to football tryouts. That wasn't the only reason for the lack of skirts and dresses. Dylan has figured out Jenny would like someone manlier and had recently got rid off his more 'feminine' pieces of clothing. But wasn’t it manly to be yourself and give no fuck about gender norms?

Ugh. Or maybe Jenny just saw him as a friend? Wasn’t there even a term for the boyish girls who boys didn’t see as girls. One of the guys or something like that? What did that make Dylan, one of the girls? “I’m not making any sense.” Dylan mumbled again to himself. Relationships were so confusing. Feelings were confusing. This all was so confusing. The youngest Lowes brother couldn’t still help but feel bothered about the thought. All the outfits were boring, but he managed to pick one.

Then he looked at the clock ticking on the wall. “Oh, shit I will be late!” Dylan closed the door of his room and ran straight to the out door. “I’m off!” He screamed just in case. He continued running even after going out. He didn’t pay attention and felt like bumping into something or more like into someone. “Hmph. Could you look at where you are going?” Dylan snapped as if it wasn’t him who didn’t look where he was going.

He was going to leave and continue running, when he decided to take a better look at the girl. She seemed oddly familiar. Wait.. wasn’t it Diana, Derrick's ex-girlfriend? “Diana?” Dylan asked with raised eyebrows. He hadn’t seen the female for ages. She seemed sorta weird. Okay, maybe weird was the wrong choice of words. Sad? Maybe that was a better word. “Umm… is everything all right?” Dylan asked again with the raised eyebrows.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Processing. . . .

outfit: link here

mood: Wishful

Arthur says. . . .

Was he blushing? Was she imagining things?? She had to be right.. her eyes could've also been playing tricks on her.. but if he was she couldn't get over how adorable he looked. After she followed him to his room she gently say on his bed with her boba in her hand. She knew she wouldn't spill it so she would be fine. As Niila continued to talk her smile he wider. "Well I figured nothing too sweet and dark chocolate was a perfect fit in my mind.." she said putting the straw in her mouth to drink the sweet drink in her hand.

She did a little happy dance before her face scrunched. "No no If I had to choose then not the licorice" she giggled. "Oh we can do whatever you want to.. you're the one who's nice enough to want to teach me something. " her gaze went from his brown eyes to her cold fingers. "To be honest I'm really happy..I was nervous you wouldn't like it because I don't think I'm that great with gifts and I don't do it much.. b-but really I did want to do something nice for you and I wanted you to kinda know that when I'm with you I'm very happy..I don't know how to express that sometimes so I opted to do something for you I don't do often.." she said.

Oh God was my face red? It wasn't like it was a confession, but saying something like that was still nerve wracking.

Her blonde hair gently fell down on to her face, but she didn't bother to move it as she finally looked up over at him again. She wondered what he would say. Would he think she went overboard and feel uncomfortable? She hoped not. She set her boba on the night stand next to her as she took off her shoes, revealing her Halloween themed socks. Did it match her outfit? No. Did she care? Not really. After that she put her while body on the bed, putting her legs criss cross over each other as she waited for Niila to finally sit down next to her.

"Oh yeah, also- I'd be here even if you weren't teaching me guitar" she explained. "Just thought I had to say.. that"

Nice going Arthur. He probably doesn't know how to react to you. Granted you never done a lot of gift giving before, but it just...i just wanted to see him smile.. and I can't say that outloud to him. He's think differently than I do. Yeah definitely different than I do.. but I'm happy he seemed to like my gifts..maybe ill do more things like this to him? Maybe not lie though haaah.

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:
MOOD: content; a little curious;

OUTFIT Liv Nolan

basics
MENTIONS:
purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Alistair)

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Logan)

tags
TL;DR
Nolan and Olivia walk into a diner...what's the punchline
tl;dr
The Marriotts
I'll love you despite whatever crap life might throw our way

As Liv and Nolan were seated, the woman could only pay attention to her husband. To the calm nature he exuded and the soft smile on his face, she could tell that he was a lot happier now than he was a few weeks ago. The sight makes her smile and confirms the happiness she’d been feeling these last few weeks.

Nolan kindly acknowledges the waitress with a nod. We’re just coming back from Boston, just stopping for a quick bite. He squeezes Olivia’s hand, trying to get her to pay attention to their surroundings. She doesn’t rejoin them until the couple are seated at the booth when the waitress said her name. Logan. Their part of the woods was small enough for this to be the same Logan that Alistair slept with, wasn’t it? The one he talked about in his drunken stupor when they first got together. All Liv knew was that she didn’t want to start anything, not here, not with Nolan, and not about Alistair.

What’s on your mind? Nolan asks when Logan momentarily steps away. Olivia reaches for his hand across the table. Nothing’s on my mind. But I know you’ve been itching to tell me something.

Nolan laughs, he could never hide anything from Liv, she knew him too well. Five years of marriage would do that to a couple. Well, I know you’ve been missing traveling a little bit. He caresses her palm and inner wrist, softly looking at her. I was wondering if you wanted to take some time off and do just that?

The questions surprises Olivia and she wants to answer him, but Logan comes back to the table asking for the start of their order. I’ll just stick with water today and maybe some mozzarella sticks. Nolan looks at his wife, wondering if maybe he’d ask another impossible thing of her, but this time he wasn’t sure if he’d be so understanding. I’ll also stick with water. Nolan says, leaning back against the booth, but not abandoning his wife’s hand.

Liv avoids his eye contact and looks at Logan. Do you have fried pickles?
code by valen t.

MOOD: Elated, Relaxed, and super Hungry

OUTFIT:

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
TL;DR Date Night

tl;dr
Ryker Thompson

"This comfort and warmth, it's all I could ever want."

Ryker was happy to quickly follow Tatum's lead, getting himself righted in the outfit he had chosen for their date before taking a few minutes to free the Queen from her jail. The offering of chicken was accepted and the cat gave him a little affectionate headbutt, signifying she had accepted his apology for now, but he'd probably get a hell of a scratch later on for no reason at all.

The walk to the car made him pause, he stopped for a moment too long to stare at his bikes, a huge hole between the two made his heart start to race the longer he stared. The crunching sound, the sirens, the bright lights of the hospital…. It was too real for far too long, until she spoke, Tatum's voice and the start of a car engine broke the spell the accident still held over him. He jogged to catch up then slid into the passenger seat, lacing their fingers together when she took his hand and settling in to just watch the scenery go blurring by as he worked through the panic that came through him just moments before.

"This is fancy Tatum, you're really treating me right for just ambushing me in my apartment." He teased, the playful grin made his white teeth show for a minute as he dropped into a seat across from her. His arm stretched across the table, fingers reaching out to take her hand again, relishing in the smooth and warmth her skin gave off. "You're the best…"

code by valen t.

MOOD: uncreative; a little heartbroken; feeling stupid

OUTFIT

LOCATION: Schiltz Family Bar and Restaurant; Some street in Anchor Bay
basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (Yohan)

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Derrick)

INT:
Myling Myling (Dylan)

tags
TL;DR
how does one deal with heartbreak?
tl;dr
Diana Matthews
all our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them

Diana stared at her fingers sitting on top of the piano keys. She didn’t know what she wanted to compose, and it had already been an hour. She was usually a lot faster than this, her creativity would bleed from her fingers and into notes as easily as she could breathe. But right now, she was suffocating, and her fingers couldn’t move, and it was one person’s fault.

Yohan Cho.

He had been on her mind since the night they spent together and this time it wasn’t a good thing. Diana could only admit to herself that it was stupid of her to go sleep with him cause the second that he asked, she knew what she meant to him. She meant nothing. Their relationship hadn’t developed past a band geek falling for a guy who played the drums in a band.

Maybe that’s why she didn’t tell Derrick. This was exactly how they had been drawn together the first time around and it would be pathetic if it had happened again. And maybe deep down she didn’t want to hurt her ex, since they’d both already confessed that there was still something there between them. For now, however, she’d be heartbroken in isolation. She’d be the body Yohan used as he tried to get over Dani. And she’d hold onto the stupid engagement ring for him.

The chef had slipped it onto her finger while she was hovered over him, her thighs straddling his hips. The action had almost made her fall over and when they were done with their round, she hid herself in the bathroom momentarily, trying to stifle her sobs and fighting the urge to throw the ring down the drain. And now the ring just sat in the drawer of her bathroom because Yohan refused to take it back.

He was completely derailing her life, but for some reason she just couldn’t take herself out of the situation. Yohan had Diana Matthews wrapped around his little finger.

She wasn’t going to be able to play anything. It was better for her to give up for today and try to get a better grasp tomorrow. She covers the piano keys, gathers her stuff, and makes her way out of the bar. A quick wave goodbye to her best friend behind the counter.

Diana had been walking for about ten minutes when a body collides with her. It’s not enough force to topple her to the ground, but enough for her to stop, almost ready to say something snarky, but the energy draining out of her body. She had found herself to be crying, tears caressing her skin. She felt pathetic and really didn’t want to interact with anyone, she just wanted to go home. And of course, she ran into Dylan Lowes. She wasn’t sure if she’d hear from his older brother later, but now she really wanted to run off.

Uh, yeah, I’m good. She wipes the tears away, careful of the soft makeup on her face. Sorry for running into you, you look like you’re in a rush.
code by valen t.

MOOD: still heartbroken; determined; worried

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver)
tags
TL;DR
dance, dance, dance

tl;dr
Winona Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal

When Oliver said that he got a job, the news makes Winona's eyebrows jump to her hairline. Not out of surprise, but out of pride. She had always believed that Oliver had the potential to do a lot of things, she didn't know what was holding him back, but she had a feeling it had something to do with that cut. That's great Ollie. She softly takes his hand to stop him from picking at the scab on his face, and when she has it settled on his leg, she quickly removes her hand. She knew he didn't like touch, but she also didn't want to see him hurt himself anymore.

Mildred is nice and I'm glad you'd found something to occupy yourself with.

The two of them watch the other ballerina reach the end of her routine in silence. Winona would occasionally find herself peeking into her peripheral to watch Oliver, to get anything she could off of him, but he remained quiet. And it was almost a peaceful kind of quiet, like all he needed was something to distract him from his thoughts. As the last notes of Madilynn's music plays out, Winnie stands up and looks to Oliver. You should join us for dinner tonight, I think Nolan's cooking some sort of pasta dish. Winnie shrugs, really hoping that he'd accept.

With one last smile to her friend, Winnie heads up to the stage, familiar with the whole performance already. Like always she worked her ass off. The music starts and Winnie is drawn in, ballet becoming an extension of her, second nature. Even a loud crash backstage doesn't stop her movements as she move across the vast stage. Her movements and her attitude crescendo in unison and she almost makes it to the end of her climax...

But one second, Winnie moves in elegant circles ready to step out of her triple, and the next the stability of the ground is lost from her. Her pointe shoe lands on something that isn't the stage floor and the floor starts to look closer with each blink. Winona was learning what it meant to fall.

code by valen t.

MOOD: nervous, guilty

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)
tags
TL;DR
He's nervous
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself

The surprised look on Artie's face had only made Hassim smile grow a little more. It was cute of Artemis to get so flustered around Hassim, maybe time apart hadn't settled how he felt about the lifeguard and honestly Hassim was okay with that.

It's nice seeing you again, in person. But I understand habibi, you needed to figure things out. The term of endearment rolls off of his tongue and he knows that Artemis probably didn't know what it meant, but since Hassim did, it caused his heart to stutter a little bit. He had never called anyone habibi, it astonished him how quick he'd attached it to Artemis. But standing in front of the flustered man, seeing the freckles dotted across his nose, the curls that framed his face so well; it took everything in Hassim to not kiss him. But he could stick with just admiration for now.

Yeah, she needed a little walk. Hassim takes his free hand and holds Artemis's, pulling him down till they're squatting down next to his dog. I also know that the last time you saw her, you liked her.

Now there the two of them sat across from each other, almost ready to address what they were. It's okay about Carson, as much as I don't want to admit it...she was right. I wasn't as invested in our relationship. You'd taken up a lot of my mind Artie.
code by valen t.

MOOD: who knows?

OUTFIT: he doesn't care if it's summer

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
Myling Myling (Vanja)

tags
TL;DR Dante is indecipherable
tl;dr
dante torres
okay, i’ll admit, i’m not innocent
Dante remembered Vanja.

In fact, Vanja was probably one of the only people who Dante remembered from his time in the foster system. He met a number of people - a number of adults, of parents, a number of children, of 'siblings'. If they hadn't made a lasting impression, Dante didn't remember them. Vanja made a lasting impression. Dante couldn't put his finger on it. Something about Vanja had been so fascinating. They'd gotten along pretty well for the brief amount of time which Dante had stayed with his family, but of course, Dante was never in one place for long, and he had to move on.

To run into Vanja again was something like fate, Dante thought. It had to have been. After all this time, for Vanja to meet him again at his place of work? That was fate. That was the work of the universe. For what purpose? Dante couldn't answer that. He only knew that he couldn't ignore fate or the universe. And Vanja looked good. Very good. He was certainly no longer the teenager that Dante had met when he was only that age, too. Vanja had been one of the only members of a foster family who didn't question Dante's habit of staying silent. Dante had never felt judged by him.

Dante was observant, and he could tell that Vanja was attracted to him when they met again. It would only be a matter of time until Vanja asked him out and, as predicted, it only took a few days. Dante said yes, of course, but kept his texts relatively short. He didn't like to text. It was way too hard to get the tone right, to convey the message exactly how you wanted it conveyed. He preferred seeing Vanja in real life. It was much easier to observe, then, too.

He got to the cafe first, and decided to wait outside. While he waited, he put his earphones in, finding the chatter of the people around him a bit too distracting. He watched the cars that went past and parked around the cafe, on the lookout, meaning he spotted Vanja as soon as he exited his car. Dante pulled his earphones out of his ear and shoved them into his pocket as Vanja walked over. Dante liked his shirt. He shook his head at Vanja's apologetic comment. "Only five minutes, maybe," he assured him softly. He entered the cafe as Vanja held the door open, turning to face him once they were inside. He needed to make conversation, which was really not his forte, but he hoped that if he got the ball rolling, maybe Vanja would be able to carry it. "You've been to this cafe before?"
code by valen t.

MOOD: anxious lol

OUTFIT: top - pants - shoes

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (Hassim)

tags
TL;DR Artemis being awkward
tl;dr
artemis mercier
i don't wanna be myself, it's making me so unwell
Artemis had no idea what the word was that Hassim said in Arabic, but his tone sent a shiver down Artemis' spine. He stared at Mac, knowing he couldn't possibly look Hassim in the eyes. God, this entire conversation was going to kill him. As soon as Hassim touched Artemis' hand, he knew he was a goner, because there was no way he could concentrate while they were holding hands. He practically fell to his knees as Hassim drew him down, face-to-face with the dog.

Artemis scoffed and nodded, a little embarrassed that Hassim still remembered that night. "Yeah, well. I was also extremely drunk," he remarked, though he knew that Hassim definitely remembered that. Still, he reached out and pet Mac, smiling a little at her. "Sorry if my breath smelt bad last time," he muttered, talking to the dog only really to put off having the conversation with Hassim that he knew they were both here for.

He glanced at Hassim as he spoke, but quickly looked back at Mac when Hassim admitted that Artemis had taken up a lot of space in his mind. Artemis blushed and cleared his throat. "Really? Thanks. Well, not thanks. I mean... Cool." He couldn't remember the last time he'd been so nervous in a conversation before. He closed his eyes and took a couple breaths, holding a little tightly to Mac's fur now. "You've been- I've... I've thought about you, too. A lot. Like, all the time. Um. Anyway."
code by valen t.

MOOD: Irritated

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Ronan Myling Myling
Frankie r e i r e i
Zach lion. lion.

tags
TL;DR: Cheerleading tryouts
tl;dr
Claire Malkovich
Pull me closer if you think you can hang...
"Girl. That's not a herkie," Claire shook her head at the pathetic series of jump attempts that were currently offending her deep brown gaze. "Madi, help her," She ordered the blonde underling standing idly nearby, pointing out the hapless spaz that was in need of guidance.

With some recent graduates, the ABHS cheerleading squad was in need of new blood. Unfortunately, Claire wasn't exactly blown away by the talent on offer at tryouts. At least Lemon and Tabitha had decided to try out, a couple of friends she could work with to whip into shape pretty fast.

"Where is Ronan??" Claire glanced around for the junior boy, wearing a scowl. Her male cheerleaders were invaluable; strong, good at dancing and lifts. They might as well blow off cheer competitions altogether this year if the squad lost one of them. She made a mental note to harass the boy via text later if he didnt show up within the next 20 minutes.

The cheer captain paused for a moment to rub at her temples, trying to massage away an oncoming stress headache. It was gonna be a long shitshow of a day. Still, it was a welcome distraction from what a craptastic summer she was having. After all, she never thought she'd see the day Frankie would get into a serious relationship, but if he did, Claire was convinced it'd be with her.

Okay, so she was still hurt over the whole thing. The fact that he'd chosen Chance stung more than she would ever admit to in a million years, but there was no point in moping around over it anymore. She had to move on, obviously. Then of course there was Zach, who ditched her weeks ago to make googly eyes at some mystery skank. Whatever, good riddance. Or at least she was gonna fake it til she actually felt that way.

And now even Lemon was in a relationship. Claire couldn't help but cringe at the short time over the summer where it felt like there might be something there, that the two girls could possibly be more than friends. As always, she was way off base though. Lemon was actually crushing on Reid the entire time, and Claire was just glad she hadn't made things weird by attempting some embarrassing pass at her friend.

It was always times like these, when she felt worthless and dejected, that she would go crying back to Theo for some comfort. And her ex-boyfriend always give in, no matter how hard he insisted they'd never hook up again. Though Claire always upheld the notion the boy should be grateful honestly, that she was throwing some action his way. It wasn't as if he was getting laid otherwise.

"Okay, people, let's go! We're gonna hurry up and get stretched, then run through the dance together to review," Claire commanded sternly over the excited crowd's chatter, clapping her hands for emphasis.

"WAIT, where are my freshmen bitches??" She yelled, scanning the crowd. A couple of girls, bewildered and clearly fresh out of middle school, raised their hands. It was met with an exasperated sigh from Claire, obviously not the freshmen she was looking for. She of course meant the gremlin duo, who actually had a good amount of dance and gymnastics experience between them. They would be an asset to the squad, at least two she wouldn't have to worry about. Well, their performance anyway.
code by valen t.

scroll

the activist

Dylan.

mood

overly curious

outfit

Streets of Anchor Bay

interactions

Diana

”Are you sure?”
Dylan asked Diana who was clearly swiping away her tears. Dylan really didn’t have time for this, if this went on for any longer he would be late from football tryouts. But on the other hand, even though he had done football for a couple years and was decent at it, it wasn’t something he enjoyed that much. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if he came there late or didn’t come at all. Besides, he couldn't leave a crying person alone.

“No, no, it was me who ran into you.” Dylan started speaking when Diana apologized running into him. And yes, I was in a rush, but not anymore. I’m supposed to be at school, I have football tryouts, but it isn’t that important. I don’t even like football that much and I’ve thought about quitting it but…” A sudden realization made the youngest Lowes brother shut up for a little moment.

“Am I really rambling about football, when there's a crying person in front of me?” Dylan said this more to himself than Diana. “I don’t want to be rude, but you don’t seem so good. What happened?” Dylan then continued with the questions. He was silent for a split second when a thought popped up in his head. She wasn’t crying because of Derrick was he? Derrick and Diana had broken up on good terms, but Derrick was prone to act like a jerk, a type of error every Lowes had.

Perhaps Diana had tried to get back together and Derrick rejected her? Or perhaps Derrick had agreed to go on a date with her and ditched her for another woman? The options were endless. Anyways, that could be it. If that was the case, he would need to have a talk with Derrick later on.

“Derrick wasn’t the reason for your crying, was he?” Dylan once again popped out a question. Wasn’t he being tactless, bombing the poor girl with question after question? Whatever the reason was for her to be sad, perhaps she didn’t want to talk about it with a 15-year-old she barely knew.

“I’m sorry, I’m being tactless. You don’t need to answer my questions if you don’t want to.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Tatum Browne

The atmosphere of the restaurant was one that wreaked of money, but Ryker deserved the best especially after his displays of affection. She had taken his outstretched hand in hers and let her body reach across the table to press her lips to his. It was a date after all she was just doing things a bit out of order. She heard the server clear their throat and Tatum pulled back, not shy at all. She wanted to make sure people knew Ryker was hers even if he didn’t feel the same. Her hand was still in his rubbing small circles as she ordered her drink, “Water with no ice and a lemon?” Once Ryker had finished his drink order she flipped through the menu, “I have to treat my hoes well. Especially ones getting me a goat.” Her eyes weren’t on him as she spoke.

Deciding what she wanted was an entirely different struggle, she wasn’t super hungry, but a salad was for the weak and those trying to impress their dates by being healthy, and Tatum was neither of those. A sigh escaped from her lips, “So, are you going to tell me what I missed while in rehab? Because apparently you almost died too.” She wanted to know, wanted to be there for him but she had been in such a bad shape a lot of what happened was missed. She had disappeared in such a quick manner and then she had stayed isolated for so long that she didn’t really know much of what occurred.

It wasn’t like she could fully explain to anyone what happened, but she would if Ryker asked, she didn’t want to lie to him, she didn’t want to make up stories with him. She wanted to be honest with him, tell him everything whether it was good or bad, and experience anything she could with him. These moments were precious to her, and she wanted to make sure she lived her life to the fullest. She didn’t want to waste a moment of it. It wasn’t enough for her, and it never would, to experience every bit of joy and sadness, but at least if she got Ryker, it would have much more meaning.

Finally, her eyes looked back at him, and she gave him nothing but her full attention, “I’m all yours for the night, so I want to know everything. I missed you. I really missed you Ryker and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to be there for you. I want to be here for you now. If you’ll let me.” She meant those words and she felt so much more than lust with him, but she couldn’t scare him off after one date.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves

Logan Barlowe

Logan could tell the couple was in love, which was nice to see, and she really couldn’t stand Alistair much anymore. This couple in front of her seemed way too happy and for a woman as beautiful as Olivia she couldn’t give up a love for some dude who couldn’t decide what he wanted. She took their order of mozzarella sticks and decided they needed both options for dipping, so she chose not to ask. She wouldn’t add any extra charge and she really didn’t care that much about pocket change. As for the pickles she wasn’t entirely sure, “I’m not sure. I don’t believe they are on the menu but if you’d like I can ask our cook?” her head tilted just slightly. She was going to have to ask, “I’m sorry but you two look awfully familiar have we met?” she could play dumb well. She had done it with Drew more times than she could even remember. This couple didn’t really know her so she could play dumb with them.

She just wanted to know what was going at least through Liv’s mind because all Alistair had done was talk about her. She was gorgeous, Lo couldn’t deny that but she was also married and she couldn’t understand how Alistair thought he had any chance of a full future. Maybe, there was more to the story, more she didn’t know. Not that she truly wanted to find out. She didn’t like how because of Liv; Alistair had made her feel like shit. Made her feel like she was the problem even though she wasn’t. Lo had problems but that man had been more than enthusiastic when he thought she was single. So, now she stood in front of the woman he seemed to have fallen in love with. Wondering what the hell she saw in him and why the hell she wanted to even think of a future when right in front of her was one. It annoyed Logan, because the man holding her hand, his eyes never left his wife. His eyes were some of the most loving eyes she had ever seen from a man to a woman. How could anyone want to ever give that up?

Mention(s): Interaction(s): ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

MOOD: Hype

OUTFIT: Learcheeding

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Claire Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Tabitha Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Faith r e i r e i

tags
TL;DR Gremlins take on the ABHS cheer squad.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

Ivy had no English language words to describe how she was feeling. Maybe just indiscernible lizard shrieks.

She was excited for cheer tryouts, yes… that had been the pinnacle of her and Ashley’s plan to rise to Alpha Bitch status by the end of their first semester at Anchor Bay High. But also, Ivy hadn’t been this sober in a long, long time. For the first time in months, she was chugging coffee again instead of sneaking sips of tequila, getting 8 hours of sleep instead of passing out at 4 AM, eating a balanced breakfast, doing some stretches to limber up her limbs before buckling up her roller skates and starting her way down towards the school football field. This would be one of the first times she ever actually showed her face at Anchor Bay High School… she’d scouted the area once or twice, showed up one afternoon to scribble a lewd cactus-related image on a wall, but she wouldn’t be a student here for a few weeks yet.

It felt… surreal, almost, that she’d made it this far already. She’d never even imagined what the start of high school would feel like, and now it just felt like nothing. In the time she’d been back in the foster care system, splitting her time between the dismal group homes and the temporary families, she’d embraced alcohol, nicotine, THC, and whatever else she could get her hands on as her distraction. It was no secret, either– her social worker was always on her case about it, her room got searched on a routine basis, but no one ever put much effort into stopping her. A slap on the wrist, metaphorically speaking, and that was that.
Secondary to behavioral concerns, they said. And, as Ivy had learned long ago, “behavioral concerns” was medical slang for “being an insufferable little puke.”
And luckily, that was something that Ivy had long since embraced as the shining jewel in her crown of chaos.

Skidding to the curb to change from skates to sneakers in a blink of an eye, Ivy careened onto the field not a moment too soon. Ashley Park, her completely unrelated biological clone, pelted in from the other end of the field as though it had been planned that they’d descend upon the gathering of cheerleading hopefuls like a pack of hungry dingos.
“Right behind you, Malkobitch!!” Ivy saw the other freshmen’s hands going up in response to Claire’s role call and burst into their little huddle, thrusting her own fist in the air so emphatically that the gaggle of other middle-school graduates all flinched and took a step back. "Alrightalrightalright, we made it in, we're here-- oh hey starfruit, what's good? You excited? Because I'm excited." Poor Lemon, who had arrived earlier, looked nearly ready to pass out from nerves. Tabitha was there too, still in the exploratory phase of her gremlin conversion, but quickly learning the tools of the trade. And Faith and Madi, resident guillotine bait rich girls... both of them were already on the squad, so Ivy gave each of them a cocky salute. She'd have to resign herself to mocking their opulent bullshit lifestyles to a bare minimum, which was going to be the biggest challenge she'd be facing on the field today.
It'd do neither her nor her dearest sister bestie any good to get kicked out of tryouts for "acting up."

Ivy grinned, watching the reaction bubble over the group like a shaken can of soda. This was her favorite kind of high. Maybe she didn’t need anything else but the cheap, sweet rush of attention.

code by valen t.

scroll

Vanja Novak

Vanja.

mood

Charmed by Dante

cafe

interactions

Dante

”Okay, that’s good then.”
Vanja simply commented in a somewhat relieved tone when Dante said he had been waiting only for a couple minutes. He was afraid he would have made the other one wait for too long. It would’ve been bad to ask someone on a date and then come late. Vanja couldn’t help but smile a little as they got in the cafe, he was happy that Dante had agreed to go on a date with him.

The two of them meeting at the bar Dante worked as had been a pleasurable coincidence. Vanja had recognised the ravenette as the young boy who had once been in foster care with his parents. Vanja remembered Dante as this quiet observant kid and where adult Dante’s personality didn’t seem to differ that much from how he used to act, had the guy definitely matured some, as well as Vanja himself. They both had grown up to be quite the lookers, Dante especially. He was so hot that it was almost hard to believe.

Those curly pitch black locks, cute as button face and observant dark pupils. It all made Vanja feel all sorts of emotions. He could almost imagine how it would feel to pull up Dante into a hug and give a kiss on his plump lips… and now he was getting ahead of himself, real bad. It was only the first date. What if Dante wasn’t even interested in him? Nah, That can’t be it. Why would he have agreed to go on a date with me if he wasn’t interested?” Vanja reassured himself. The real problem however was Vanja’s interests. What if they were a dealbreaker for Dante?

Vanja would worry about that later and just enjoy the date and Dante’s company. He smiled at the ravenette’s attempt on making some small talk. The two men got into the cafe and Dante started to do some small talk. “Couple times yeah. It’s pretty close to my university so I sometimes come here when I have a free period.” Vanja answered while they were waiting in the line. He observed what the cafe had to order and soon he figured out what he wanted to order.

It didn’t take too long to become their turn to order. “One piece of blueberry cheesecake, a cup of black coffee and…” He kept a small pause realizing he didn’t know what Dante wanted to order. “What do you want to get?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. “The bill is on me, don’t even insist on splitting the pay. You can pay on our next date if you wish so.” Vanja grinned.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back