• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Happy

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
USER=18461] ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie [/USER] (Hassim)

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Carson)
tags
TL;DR Meeting up with friends
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea turned as Carson took the bottle from her hands, sticking her tongue out and pressing it in between her lips as Carson spoke. She was glad she was turned away from her, Carson wouldn’t have been able to see the color changing on her cheeks as her face began to heat up. “I’m not, not, attracted to you, Carson.” Astraea used one hand to scoop up her blonde hair, holding it up so that Carson could get every inch of her back.

“You’re soo pretty! How could anyone not be attracted to you.” She smiled as she looked over her shoulder to meet Carson’s eyes. Resting her chin on her shoulder where Carson had just covered with sunscreen. Her eyes were soft, as she looked down at the ground behind her.

Astraea never really thought much about her heart beating faster when she was around Carson. Or the reasons that her face seemed to burn up so much when Carson started to flirt with her. Astraea liked guys, she never even considered dating a girl. It just wasn’t a thought that crossed her mind.

But she did seem to always take notice when she a pretty girl would cross the street, and smile brightly when one would compliment her outfit. Astraea didn’t seem to fully grasp that being attracted to someone meant more than realizing someone was just attractive.

Astraea could only roll her eyes as Carson said that ‘Thad, wasn’t so bad.’ Her problem lay where Carson used the sentence to say that Thad was actually an okay boyfriend. “I think you should give Hassim some time. He just moved here, he’s probably just settling in.”

She paused for a moment before turning around to face Carson. “Plus, sometimes you do come on a bit strong.” She said these words a bit tense, like they were struggling to leave her throat. “Maybe he’s just not into that?” Astraea shrugged, tilting her chin and pressing it against her shoulder again as she twisted back and forth slightly.

“Oh… I don’t know… I don’t think anyone would really ever like me in that way.” Astraea laid back on her towel again. She felt awkward talking about her attractions, she felt like she didn’t really know what it was like to have a crush. She was always too afraid of rejection to give anything a try. She didn’t want to let that wall down. “I mean, Alexi is cute, but you just said he’s into Jo so….” She trailed off. “And I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t find Hassim attractive, I am pretty sure that Artie almost passed out when he first saw him.” She snickered at the end, thinking about how starstruck Artemis had looked when Hassim showed up to the festival.

“I’m really okay though, focusing on school is taking up most of my time anyways.”
code by valen t.

Isabella
the drug dealer teddy bear
Isa didn't know what to do now. On the other hand, she had a Chance who was mad at the world, and was pissed off at something then she had a Max who looked like he was about to be crush by the world and she knows that she had a hand in him feeling like that. He cared way too much about her. People who cared too much about her tend to get overwhelmed by the darkness in her life. Her drug dealing, her bad choices, and herself. Why else would her mom run, the first chance she got. Isa was a lot for people who didn't know how to deal with her. And a lot of people didn't know how to deal with her. Chance was one of them so when she saw that he just stormed past them, she quickly grabbed Max and pulled him along only letting go when she was able to grab Chance and stop him from walking more. She grabs his hand intertwining them before she looks at Max, and nods for him to go ahead in the trail. "We'll catch up with you in a moment. Go Max. " She then turns to Chance and stands in front of him.

"What's wrong baby boy? Who got you all pissed off?" She said softly as she moves her hands to his cheeks softly caressing them. This was the reason why they always thought Isa and Chance were dating. The way they were, it just came naturally. She believes whole heartily that Chance was her soulmate. Liz was her person but Chance was her soulmate. They had always just clicked since the start of their friendship. When she met the younger of the two, while at school. He just came up to her and introduced herself. He wouldn't leave her alone, and soon enough, he became someone that she couldn't see a day without spending time with him. They were joined at the hip, it became more apparent when Isa got into Juvie. He would make the car ride with his aunt who had no problem with coming to visit Isa, as she was another person who cared about the broken girl, and would stay until the end of the visitor hours. He became such a important person in her life that she can not bear to see him upset or upset him. They have never been in a fight, longer then a day. It was just in their nature to make up by the time, night falls. Isa looked at her baby boy and smiled softly

"Come here. " As she pulls him into a hug. Isa doesn't do public affection, and in fact she hates it but with Chance. She doesn't care, she just wants him to be ok. She just wants all the people she cares about to be ok. Isa looks down at the trail and sighs softly as she tightens her grip on her baby boy. Max was next, and she needed to figure out how the hell was she gonna deal with her brother. He was the kind of kid, that would overthink everything. Say everything is fine when it's not. Lie to everyone about how he really thinks about something. He was her, just way more innocent. Isa had her hands full with him and she would never change a damn thing about it either. She loved her overthinker brother. He just needs to understand that the world isn't only on his shoulders. He can share the burden with others, not just himself. Not everything has to be his thing to fix or change. The world is big, and he's just a kid.

He's just a kid....

campgrounds.
worried.
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Peaceful

OUTFIT: xoxo

basics
MENTIONS:

Zach lion. lion.

INT:

Madi LittleWolfie LittleWolfie

Oliver Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR: Wholesome Squad and the fruitless search for turtles
tl;dr
Tabitha Carter
I wanna do the things that you only read about
Usually by this time of her yearly Camp Tipacanoe adventure, Tabitha was wishing she was back home, safe indoors binging Netflix and comfort food. Hiking along the lake's edge with this odd but low-key group, however, the tiny brunette couldn't remember the last time she felt so contented.

The woods were so peaceful, and the two gentle nerds made her feel right at home, of course. And as for their friend Madi? Tabs only knew of her, a pretty, popular blonde cheerleader who was close friends with the gorgeous Zachary Lee. For all intents and purposes, she should hate her. But Madi was so sweet and nice that it was impossible to do so, and Tabitha was actually enjoying the other girl's company as much as Jacob and Oliver's.

Oliver was very quiet as the group traveled along beside the lake; weird for him, considering now would literally be the perfect time to chatter on at length about turtles like he often did. Tabitha guessed he could have been sad over the fact that they hadn't seen a single turtle that whole afternoon, the turtle bingo sheets he'd so thoughtfully printed out for them so far going unused. She kept quiet for the most part, wishing she could think of funny or insightful things to say to pick up the slack. But her mind was blank, reset every time she stole a shy glance at the handsome, blue-eyed Jacob.

When the group had stopped for a rest, Tabitha plopped down silently on a rock, gazing at the water thoughtfully. She obediently froze when Jacob asked her not to move, only realizing he meant to take her photo when she finally glanced up at him. Before she could smile or pose or adjust herself in some way to look prettier, Jacob had already snapped the photo. Her eyes widened in suprise as Jacob approached to show Tabs the picture, cheeks flushed pink as the boy gushed in his innocently sincere way that she looked amazing. She eventually stammered back a clumsy reply about how it was all his excellent photography skills, really.

Tabitha slapped a hand over her mouth when Jacob slipped backward into a pratfall, giggling along with him. For the life of her, she couldn't seem to find her voice again, but luckily Madi stepped in to ask if Jacob was all right. Tabs stood and brushed herself off when Jacob then suggested they move on to a different spot, barely noticing Jacob was avoiding eye contact, as Tabitha was now blushing and avoiding his just as hard. With a bit of luck, the two might be able to look at each other again sometime before the summer ended.
code by valen t.

MOOD: uncomfortable

basics
MENTIONS:
lion. lion. (@Zach)
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ( Max Max )

INT:
tags
TL;DR Being tortured by 8 yearolds as she waits for Max and Zach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper fiddled with the necklace that hang on her neck, twisting it around her fingers as she slipped the tips of them into the rings that hung intertwined upon the chain. The small children around her chattered and ran around the beginning of the trail head. 15 kids was a lot for anyone to look after, especially when they were all alone.

She starred out towards the cabins and tents, hoping that just made Zach and Max were almost there, only to hear more screaming. She spun on her heal fast, dropping the necklace she had been playing with back onto her collarbone. “Jordan! Kyle, leave Chloe’s hair alone.” Harper stomped over separating the three of them. “You can’t touch others with out permission.” She sighed as she knelt down next to the small blonde girl.

“Are you okay Chloe.” She only nodded, Harper stood back up and began to walk away, only to feel small fingers grab at the palm of her hand.

Chloe was looking up at her with her bright green eyes, like she wanted to ask Harper a question, but wasn’t sure that she could. “Yes Chloe?” Harper asked, with an inquisitive eyebrow.

“What if I told them I wanted them to pull my hair?” Chloe let go of Harper’s hand, tilting her head with a mischievous smile.

Harper’s mouth dropped open, what was she supposed to say to that. “I-um.” She stuttered.

“Wouldn’t it then be okay?” Chloe asked again. Harper’s eyes were wide, she was not briefed as how to handle an 8-year-old asking about kinks during orientation.

Harper took a deep breath and looked between the three kids, tapping on her fingertips with the pad of her thumb as she rubbed her lips together. “You know Chloe… That is a great question…” Harper bit her bottom lip. Looking up to hopefully see Zach or Max coming to save the day.

She didn’t.

“Chloe. That doesn’t sound like you’re respecting your body.” There, that was a good answer. Right. That would end the conversation.

“But what if I like it?” Harper could have sworn her face went fire truck red, steam rolling out of her ears as she tried to contain herself. “I think you should have this conversation with your parents.” Harper nodded. As she turned to walk away from the kids, she muttered under her breath.

“that is the last time I try to stop drama.”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Stressed, but just a little. Seriously. It's fine.

OUTFIT: Max Loves The Woods

basics
MENTIONS:
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Zach lion. lion.
Isa r e i r e i
Chance ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR
The hiking tour troupe manages to meet up, despite some... communication delays. Max is a little stressed about sitting between Zach and Harper.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Going on ahead of Chance and Isa was something Max hesitated to agree to at first, but it was clear that his honorary older sister wanted a moment with his friend. Max shrugged, nodded, and slowly continued up the trail. The path was fairly straightforward; he was sure they wouldn't have a hard time catching up to him. Besides, it didn't seem like they intended to hang back too long.

Max ignored his phone vibrating in his pocket for a moment or two, trying to convince himself it was nothing important, but every second that passed began to nag at his brain.
What if it was from Lemon? Lemon, whose messages just kept sinking into darker and darker places while she continued to ignore him begging her to let him help… Reid hadn't been much solace either. Max didn't understand what he was trying to get at, saying he was pushing and needed to lay off-- of course he was pushing her. She was in danger, and what kind of friend steps back when they could see that? If he ignored her, even for a minute, would that be the last word he got from her? That would be his fault, wouldn't it? If he stood aside and did nothing, if he just watched, if he didn't do everything in his power to make things better. The worst thing anyone could ever do, in Max's eyes, was nothing. A bystander was worse than a perpetrator.
Feeling a chill run down his back, he dug through his pocket and frantically swiped through his notifications.
Lemon hadn’t sent him anything for a few minutes.
These were from Harper.

"Hey! Are you almost here?"
"...we're doing a team led hike."

Oh.
Oh shit.
Max’s heart jumped into his throat and he immediately took a running start back, spinning clumsily on his heel. Never in his life had he so badly regretted forgetting something at home. Max forgot everything: his keys, his homework, food, sleep... but he never forgot about time he promised to Harper. Ever. But unable to roll back time, he had nothing to do but try to make up for it as quickly as possible. He broke into a sprint, running past Chance and Isa, unable to stop to offer so much as a “sorry” or “I’ll be back later”, not realizing at that moment that running away without warning was an alarming and concerning thing to do.
He'd explain later, when the panic tunnel vision wore off. Probably.

Problem: Max was not good at running. He was plenty fast, but his gangly loose-jointed limbs sent him veering every which way, tripping and stumbling over the roots and stones, low branches lashing him in the face and pulling at his clothes.
If he'd known they'd be joining up with Harper, he would've chased Zach down a lot earlier. He hadn't wanted to before. Zach walked off without him, and Max didn't bother to catch up. Zach taught swimming with Harper instead, which actually was probably better; Harper was a stronger swimmer and definitely a better teacher.

But more than that, Max just wanted to get out of Zach's hair for the afternoon, even if it meant shirking his counselor duties.
Zach didn't seem to want Max trailing after him and Harper anymore. Even aside from pushing him to help sabotage their fathers' friendship, he'd said… other things.
Zach wanted to make a move on Harper. Max was in the way.
Max told him to go for it.
Why the fuck did he say that?

Why not?
What, you couldn't have ever...
She'd hate you if she knew.
Everyone would hate you.

Creep.

As long as Zach didn't treat Harper like shit, Max had nothing to say. Besides, Harper wouldn't let anyone mess with her anyway. And Zach was just an asshole, not cruel.

This was out of Max's hands.
It shouldn't be clawing at his stomach. Zach and Harper probably wanted him to stop riding along on their backs anyway. They were older; they were going to be seniors in the fall. Max was an annoying kid who followed them around. Thinking about it, he decided that he just didn't fit in at all. Harper was beautiful and compassionate and smart; Zach was clever and popular and devastatingly handsome. Max was… well, the best he could say was that he was fine.
He said that a lot.

By the time he made it back to the head of the trail where Harper was waiting, talking to their assigned tween troupe, he looked as though he'd just escaped a horror movie. He almost immediately doubled over, one arm clutching his sides and the other braced on his knee to keep from falling face-first. He had a leaf stuck behind his ear, more clinging to the cuffs of his jeans, and one of his sleeves was torn slightly up by his shoulder, baring a shallow scratch-- red, but not bleeding much. He was fine. Physically, at least.

"I am so sorry," he was panting and choking on his breaths so badly that he was only able to speak by virtue of talking with his hands and not his aching lungs. "Really, really sorry. Lost my schedule, and--" he cut himself off as soon as he saw he was making excuses. He had none. If he’d been less avoidant of whatever had formed between him and Zach, this wouldn’t have been a problem. This was his fault.
But speaking of which, where the hell was Zach? The tall smirking blonde couldn’t be found among Harper and the sparse group of disgruntled tweens they were supposed to be leading on a trek through the woods. Now that he’d caught his breath and started trying to push down the embarrassment of being late, all at once Zach’s absence felt daunting. Where was he? What was he doing?

Stop thinking about it.
Why do you care so much?

Max moved a little closer to Harper, breaking the awkward stillness out of a sudden need for contact, a conversation, a distraction. “Hey…” He waited to catch her eyes, smiling and trying to straighten up a little from the run over. “Your morning was okay? I know you had… you know, but everything’s alright so far?" He paused with a slight cringe, realizing he’d begun talking before he had anything of substance to say. “...I love these woods.” he gestured up over their heads, at the heavy green branches that fractured the sunlight into patches of shadow on the forest floor. “I think it’s kind of nice to be back. Share it with the next generation-- I mean not generation, but… I don’t know, you know what I mean.” When he let it, talking to Harper felt easy. She was really the first person he met, moving to a new state already used to being alone, that stayed and listened, and kept listening. Over the years he'd been able to open up and build friendships on his own, but he kept coming back to Harper. She was his best friend. There was something about her presence that was irreplaceable. Max thrived on change, always trying to fix the things that kept breaking, trying to make things different. But he'd do anything and everything, go to the end of the earth and back, to keep his friendship with Harper exactly the way it was. That was all he needed; nothing more. The one thing he never dared to move from where it stood.
For once, there was something steady and at peace behind Max’s perpetually nervous-sounding laugh.
He could stress about Zach and everything else later. For now, he had a quiet moment.

code by valen t.

MOOD: sad about turtles

OUTFIT: salmon teeshirt and khaki shorts

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
LittleWolfie LittleWolfie (Madi)
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Tabitha)
tags
TL;DR Picking up Oliver
tl;dr
Jacob Morass
when you are kind to others, it not only changes you, but the world.

Jacob turned to Madi when she bent down to ask if he was in fact, okay. "Yea I'm good." He looked up to see Oliver's outstretched hand offering help. Though, before taking it he looked over at Tabitha once more. Just to see she was actively avoiding his eye contact. "Yeah." He repeated again, finally taking Oliver's hand, using his free one to push off the ground as Oliver pulled him up.

As he came to his feet once again, Jacob bounced up on his toes as if nothing had even happened. He quickly gave his camera once over look to make sure that in his clumsiness he didn't do any damage to the possession.

Thankfully, his camera didn't seem to have a scratch on it. "That's a good idea Madi." Jacob looked at the water once more, it was so shallow where they were standing. He wished that he knew exactly where the turtles were, he knew that was what Oli had been looking forward to most from this trip. Jacob was almost sure that it was the entire reason that Oliver had even accepted the position as a junior counselor.

Jacob noticed that Oliver's demeanor changed, he was always quite, and maybe a bit nervous. But he physically looked upset. Jacob stepped over to walk next to his friend as they began to make their way further down the river. "Hey." He nudged Oliver with his elbow. "Are you okay?" It was only then the two of them exchanged a conversation through their DMs that Jacob learned that he was nervous about Lemon doing harm to others while she was drinking. He wasn't sure he understood why Oliver got so upset while she was drinking, she wasn't even around them, how could she do harm?

And from what Jacob had seen, Lemon seemed unnecessarily kind most of the time. He hadn't even realized that she had been drinking. Not that Jacob would really know what signs to look for when someone was drinking beyond their limits.. It happened to make him wonder why it made Oliver so scared and upset though.

"We're going to find turtles this time, I know it." Jacob's first instinct was to wrap an arm around Oliver's shoulder and give him a comforting squeeze, quickly though he remembered how Oliver did not like unwanted physical attention.

Jacob walked ahead of the group before turning around to face his three friends. He threw out his arms to the length of his wingspan, "I just have this feeling." Jacob grabbed the straps of his camera as he knelt down beside the pool of water that had gathered at the end of the river. He stared out on the water, looking upon every out stretched log.

He silently prayed that they would in fact find at least one turtle. He did not want to ruin Oliver's trip by taking him on a failed turtle search.
code by valen t.

Carson Hughes

As Carson listened to her friend make more than a number of good points it was hard for Carson to really accept having patience. Maybe the fact that all she had done since ending things with Thad was hookup, even with Thad himself but she wasn’t used to not getting the attention she so badly craved. It wasn’t really about being abandoned but more about being alone. She knew this and as much as she wanted to fix her own problems, grow from her own past trauma she didn’t even know the first place to start with that. It was probably therapy but with what time or money? So, she did her best to make sure that in her acts she didn’t hurt those close to her. She made sure to pick those who were just as in need of company as herself. It didn’t make them the best but it sure didn’t make them the worst either.

Having patience for Hassim was harder than Carson wanted to admit because he seemed so nice, but she didn’t know him. He was taking care of Artie, he joined them at the fair, he seemed so quiet and something about him seemed different to Carson, but the patience for him to even acknowledge her, and actually have some interest in her was extremely difficult. No one had really put her through hoops, but maybe he was just really dense and needed that time. At least that’s all she could hope for.

Her thoughts snapped back to Astraea when she started to say no one would see her in that way, “Shut up. You are beautiful and sweet, and so fucking patient with people. You’re the girl who would not let me say no to becoming her friend. The girl who everyday sat down next to me and had a whole conversation even when I tried to ignore you. You have this unconditional love for people. You’re just oblivious. I’ve seen how people look at you. Especially out on the streets. They don’t say anything because those men are creeps and I think I scare them.” Carson really did have a serious problem with letting anyone she deemed creepy even approach Astraea. At the bars she would make sure the dudes who tried to talk with Astraea were good and most of them weren’t, and Carson made sure they never tried anything. She protected her best friend as if her life depended on it because it really did. The only reason Carson had a friend was because of the blonde right next to her.

It would have been easy for Carson to stay a loner and keep to herself but with Astraea came the attempt to put herself out there more and become friends. Hell, it was why she had gone out to date Thad before she realized that Thad was well a frat boy in every sense of the word. But somehow she was still grateful to everything because she had learned more about herself and it really was all because Astraea made her be her friend even when all Carson wanted was to be alone and become a hermit.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: Playful

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Juno/Aisha Myling Myling

Danielle tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR: Nostalgia, memory lane, etc.
tl;dr
Dex Henderson
Will you be my valentine if I'm a world away?
Little Juniper wasted no time running up to her father the moment he'd gotten out of the car to again pester him about reading Greg the Frog. Putting down the bags he was carrying, Dex lifted her into his arms instead, giving her cheeks a few kisses. "Come on, Junebug, we'll read it later, okay? Don't you wanna play with Sterling?" Juni followed his gaze to the other child playing nearby, watching him curiously.

"But--but--noooo.." Despite her obvious wish to play, the little redhead chose to continue listlessly pouting about her book just to be stubborn. For added effect, she fell over dramatically at the injustice of not getting her way, now lying cradled in her dad's arms as she halfheartedly whined and complained. Dex couldn't help but chuckle at her theatrics, shaking his head. "Wow okay. I'm gonna need to see a happy Juni like right now, or else," He joked, lifting Juni upwards to his face to raspberry on her tummy, earning him peals of giggles from the little girl in return.

Dex fished some of Juni's toys out of her bag, settling her next to Sterling and his mother, Aisha, who was already chatting with Juno. "Aww, I think you're pretty cute, Jun," He added to their chatter about who was the cuter Juniper, giving his friend a playful whack on the back. If Juno seemed out of sorts today, Dex was completely oblivious to it, as the nostalgia of Camp Tipacanoe was having a profound effect on the guy's mood and overall state of mind. It was like all of the problems, family issues, financial worries, and marital woes all dissipated for the moment, and they were back in their teens again without a care in the world.

Dex grinned when Dani joined them, eagerly wrapping her in his arms and pulling her close. "Yeah, 18! Can't believe it was that long ago." Before she could pull back from the peck on his cheek, Dex went in for a longer kiss on her lips. The type of passionate kiss the couple would indulge in all the time back in their early days of dating, whether saying hello or goodbye or just because. Why did they ever stop doing that?

A hush fell over the group as everyone seemed to notice all at once how close by they were to the lake, how placid and picturesque the view was. Someone mentioned how beautiful the scenery looked, and Dex chimed in to agree. "It is. Isn't it, babe?" He asked, flashing his wife a wicked smirk. "Don't you wanna just...go for a dip?" Chuckling, Dex made a quick grab for Dani before she could run away, scooping the tiny woman up and easily tossing her over his shoulder.

"Aww, come on, Dani, you look like you could use a swim," He teased, jogging towards the lake like he was about to fling her in. Something Dex may have done once (or twice) before during the many summers the couple spent at Tipacanoe in their youth.

He paused, of course, before reaching the lake, placing Dani gently back on the ground while he dissolved into laughter at the look on her face. "Aww, little hobbit! I would neveeeerrrr," Dex laughed, pulling her into to a loving hug to reassure her he wasn't a completely evil bastard.
code by valen t.

-
MOOD: Playful

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/23b7RYh/057-ED09-C-8-B4-B-4779-B0-E9-278-C7-CB60707.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR The gremlins discuss the possibility of Ashley hoe-ing it out
tl;dr
Ashley Park
I can feel us slip away, you're almost gone

After a while, and some horrid laugh imitations from Ivy, Ash finally spoke again. "Oh shut up!" Though she did strike a mock pose for the camera, playing along with Ivy's dumb game "Do I get to laugh in an accent? Also what's my character's motivations here?" The girl jokingly questioned before finally letting out her shrill laugh once more.

Reaching for the tumbler once more, she took a sip of the big boy juice. Refreshing. All hers.

"You can't have any more this time!" Sticking her tongue out, she stuck her arm in the air with the tumbler, out of teeny weeny Ivy's reach. Though not exploited as much as it should be, Ash had to admit she found it amusing how short the girl was. Shortness was a benefit in travel companions. In the woods, short people like Ivy weren't valuable assets cause they weren't strong, but could be fed to the bears as a square meal. Ashley's job would of course be to seduce the bear. That was the role of hot people.

Once she had teased Ivy enough, she handed the tumbler back to her. Sharing was caring after all.

Finally adjusting to sit on the floor, legs pulled close to chest, she began talking again. "I hear what you're saying about the sexy bear. I promise I do. But I stand by going classic mythos and just having the kids go in there and try to fight it. Or we could combine the two, and the kids realize the bear's too hot to murder." She informed her friend, thoughtfully as if discussing moral philosophy or something equal deep. This was one of the best parts of Ivy time. When they could just think about something that was really dumb and treat it seriously. It was like caring without having to actually care.

A no strings attached relationship with feelings, if you will.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Enthused

OUTFIT: Get it!?!? In-TENTS

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR Deep conversations with Ashley while waiting for the grown-up juice to work its magic.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

"Aaaand CUT!" Ivy stopped the footage after she shot a satisfactory take of Ashley's ridiculous giggle-snort. She wasn't actually sure what she wanted to use this video for-- it wasn't embarrassing enough to be blackmail. Maybe she'd make it into a TikTok and get famous or whatever the fuck. Or just keep it as a souvenir of the wonderful summer camping experience they were going to have together: Ivy and her slutty sidekick. Ivy was sure Ashley thought it was the other way around, and realized (at least on some level) that they were in fact just two equal gremlins with an amicable disrespect for each other. "I reserve full rights to this. You can have 40% of the royalties, though, because I'm just generous like that."

Respect was a concept Ivy was allergic to. She made a deliberate point of "forgetting" everyone's proper names, to the tune of monikers that ranged from simply incorrect to bizarrely insulting. She prided herself on hedonism; taking what she could and giving nothing back. And yet, somehow, she'd scored a few casual like-minded pals anyway.

"Thank me very much, I'm welcome."

When it was Ashley's turn with the bottle, the fiend had the audacity to hold it hostage."Noooo!!! No no no, give it back!! Give it back or I sent your snort to Dustin!" Ivy flailed and grasped at the tumbler that Ashley held just out of reach. She probably could have snatched it back if she'd had the momentum to remove herself from the floor. Her body felt like a limp bag of sand. Nothing fun had settled into her bloodstream-- not even any damn caffeine. The remedy was on its way, but Ivy could hardly be patient about it.

Thankfully, after a brief repartée of taunting, Ashley chose benevolence. Once Ivy had secured the container with a greedy and satisfied grin, she grinned back up at Ashley and gave an almost-genuine "Thank you," before downing another spill of the contraband bottle.

Ashley's take on the baffling Greek myth inspired theoretical man bear labyrinth they were pondering got a sigh of agreement from Ivy, who was now flattening herself on the floor and tilting her head up as if watching the stars. The familiar soft numbing sensation had started to settle over her cheeks. Excellent-- the small meat puppet that Ivy piloted as her own was back to optimal functioning. What she considered optimal functioning might better be described as "sleep-deprived, inebriated and distracted", but that was the state Ivy was used to and she found comfort in it.
"...And on the off chance that some young strapping adventurer has the astronomical courage and unsatiable thirst to seduce the bear-man-dude, we've like... created a whole subspecies. God tier shit. We could write a research paper and die rich."

Lost in their increasingly thoughtless banter, the pair had lost track of the time and pace of the day. Their assigned counselor team included Isa Edison-Rose: Ivy's favorite local dealer. Isa had taken a liking to Ivy due to their shared foster-child trauma, and won Ivy over with her sarcastic dry wit and some free samples of her wares. But as cool as Isa was, Ivy wasn't too sad she wasn't around for whatever camp-approved activity they were supposed to be doing right now. She was sure arts and crafts would be more fun alone with Ashley.

code by valen t.

MOOD: uh-

OUTFIT: - here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Dazzle Dazzle Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

“Don’t you dare say anything stupid.”

Could it be that silence could be as much stupid and as much laughable? Speechlessness was Max’s attribute, not Zach’s. He had always seen a certain life for himself, so when it became undefined like this, he waited for it to reestablish. This feeling, he believed, would go like the swallow of a throat, as did everyone and everything, but vapidly, he wanted it to stay. Badly. So, he stalled in the water, his eyelids at total gentle leisure. She was rising, and so rinsing went the water off her empyrean frame in illimitable drizzles of blue rhinestones. Through his brimful sunny eyes, he watched Harper Anderson pull away from the ripples. Making her vanishing act with her arms like whimsical vines, she fluidly donned a towel around herself. The dawdling lake, ever since she had moved, streamed alongside her, lagging behind her feet. When she began sway walking away with her hips pushing forward, it left her wet underfoots in the tussocks of grass.

“There’s no way I like her,” his thoughts deliberated with little self-control when she was out of sight, but his heart was smiling and it outgrew the times that it did it out of abuse of saving himself.

The sun portrended over the undying beech-brown forest, a place where wads of moss curled around patches of mud and trunks and itching shrubbery peaked out through the lattice leaves.

After a shower himself, he entered this vegetated moor, daylight swelling on his arms. His sunflower yellow hair was curled back by his aviator shades and a Dasani water bottle ultralightly hung around his fingertips when he set off.

Attracted, his retention sought both the children, Max, and Harper. Upon reaching the clearing, it became clear to him that nobody was paying attention to him. Harper and Max were talking on the side and even the children were in their own circles with their drawstrings and cartoonish backpacks. On that offense alone, he brushed up on his gracefulness, rolled his shoulders, and paced forward.

“Congragulations,” he declared crossing his arms across his chest arrogantly at the band of kids closest to him, “You little spermlings get the best hiking leader ever. I am-”

“Zach.” He marvelled at his own name, loosely pointing to himself using the water bottle.

“What’s a spermling?”

“Isn’t that a common name?” another kid puzzly crowed.

“But you drink Dasani,” countered another.

Harper said that too, but it made no sense.

He side-glanced to Harper and Max who stood nearly inseprably next to each other, resisting a petty eyeroll when they shared mutually beaming expressions.

He hated third-wheeling.

Waving the kids he was talking to off with a charge of grimace and a couple of words he shouldn’t have used due to his killed elation, he ensnared his two friends on the sidelines with undivided attention, his arms snaking around both of their shoulders.

Rebelliously, he purposefully pronged his words out slowly, “You two were definitely having a moment while I was gone. But, too bad. You both know...what do they call it…”

“I’m an attention whore, disrespectfully.” His lips spread to a full grin.

Untangling, he shifted his attitude to say, “What’s the agenda?”

code by valen t.

MOOD: shhh secret

OUTFIT: varsity jacket + jeans (this is all he wears)

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Looking for Lemon's spot
tl;dr
levi morgan
i look a little bit older, i look a little bit colder
Levi stared at the little waterfall in Lemon’s spot, kind of shocked about how beautiful it was. He couldn’t believe that no one else had stumbled across this place and claimed it as their own, but he certainly wasn’t mad about it. It meant that he and Lemon could hang out in private, and that they’d have somewhere to go to if they wanted to be alone or just with each other.

As he was staring, he heard his best friend’s voice yell out to him. Turning, he grinned at the appearance of Lemon. “Hey!” He laughed as he hugged her back without hesitation. “It’s awesome,” he agreed as they parted. He followed her willingly, although he blinked at the mention of swimming. If he’d known, he might have worn board shorts.

Still, he couldn’t say no to Lemon. “I didn’t bring swimmers, but it’s not like I’ve never swum in briefs before,” he shrugged with a smile, pulling his jacket, shirt and pants off. As soon as his shoes were also off, he waddled into the water, bracing as if he were trying to prepare for the cold. However, the temperature was actually perfect. “Oh, wow. This is so nice,” he sighed, splashing some water around.
code by valen t.

MOOD: wasted

OUTFIT: top - pants - shoes

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
tags
TL;DR Artemis is struggling
tl;dr
artemis mercier
i don't wanna be myself, it's making me so unwell
Everything that happened from the moment that Artemis vomited almost on Hassim’s food, until the arrival at the other man’s apartment, was a complete blur. He was fairly conscious for the chaos he caused in Twitter, but he wouldn’t remember it very well later. And then he only vaguely felt Hassim helping him to… a car. Someone’s car. Was it his? It didn’t smell like his. He hoped he still had his keys.

He was in a state of half-consciousness as Hassim drove him to his apartment. He stared out the window with half-lidded eyes, barely even taking in anything that he was looking out. He hadn’t even realised that they’d arrived at Hassim’s apartment until the other man opened the car door, and Artemis’ head had been resting on the window so he almost fell out. He was very content to let Hassim carry him, putting most if not all of his weight on him as he was dragged up the stairs.

“You smell good,” he muttered as they reached the apartment door, even though Hassim was a tiny bit sweaty. That was okay. Artemis kind of liked it. He barely reacted to Hassim’s words as they crossed the threshold, although his eyes opened a bit more when he spotted the dog. “Ohmygod,” he blurted, pushing away from Hassim and all but collapsing in front of Hassim’s pet. He cooed at him as he kind of awkwardly hugged and pet it at the same time, attention completely focused on the animal.
code by valen t.

MOOD: depressed

OUTFIT: - here

basics
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Yohan Cho
Surf's up.

I’m gonna marry her;

A flushing amber mantled his cheek as he rested it against his cold kitchen countertop in a drunken stupor. Cherishing the strawberry cake in front of him between his elbows, he rawly sabered it with his fork. But when the crums touched upon his cream confection-stained lips, he realized that it no longer tasted the same. The fork, within no more than a fold of effort, limply slipped through in an excitable gravity. Half-reclining onto the stool as a wearer of nothing but a feather silk robe, he was unusually compelled to pluck off one scarlet strawberry off the cake. Biting into the sticky glazed skin, in two words, it was ripe but insipid. Both the strawberry and his story. Then again, was this story ever about him?

In his delirium, his eyes cried saltier. And, maybe that was why he was eating cake in his curtained dark room, because he’d rather have sugar than salt.

He was left loving someone who loved another.

Once upon a time, he thought he could’ve taken her on a walk up the stairs of their favorite downtown performance stage. He’d have the auditorium management leave on the electric original lights making it look like a palace of mirrors and they’d sit together on the edge of the stage with their legs touching, whispering and laughing of how he looked for her in the moon everyday and for her how nothing remarkable happened while he was gone. He’d show her how he’s been learning and studying so she could live to the fullest and they’d be kissing, and inbetween, he’d tell her how he’s loved her since first sight.

I’m gonna marry her;

He would have taken a heavy knee down on the stage with his heart out on a sleeve, holding out a ring between his thumb and index.

I’m gonna marry her;

Oh! Yea I moved out like 5 years ago with my partner.

Or husband now.

I’m. Gonna...

The woman he wanted to marry had already walked the altar for someone else.

He knew she’d end up making a special place in her heart for Dex, the Dex who fooled around her, not him who had been serious with her since idle beginnings.

That was it. She didn’t love him like she once did. Why did he tear himself apart then?

By now, he had long surrendered to drinking. His glass was empty of its contents, yet his mouth felt dry. It was not oblivious to him how occasionally, his neighbors and his family gave him a skewed look with the intention to read him. He was, after all, a man who had chosen to ground himself in secrecy, without the civility to engage himself with others. Everyone was not an exception, only Danielle.

He uneasily stood up in padded house slippers, walking himself to his fridge. His hand gloved a bottle of rose, but even that didn’t want to stay in his hands.

The tinkling bottle, in the name of natural law, shattered. His eyes watered, and giving doubling glares at the pieces of glass that had dispersed, he ducked to a crestfallen crouch.

I’m gonna marry her;

“I was gonna marry her,” he breathed, teardrops glinting, but oh how it hurt so much to take in that breath even though he’d been born breathing and would respire until the end of time.

code by valen t.

MOOD: bashful, content, ehhhh

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
@me (Chance)
r e i r e i (Faith)

INT:
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin)

tags
TL;DR

she's lowkey not feeling it, but just keep smiling i guess

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal
Winnie was okay. She could lie and pass off as okay probably, but ever since Chance this morning she'd been off. And then there was Noah who had been pestering her about her current relationship and trying to get her to take him back instead. Usually she'd see Noah as a weakness and she'd run back to him, but her relationship with Dustin acted as some type of stronghold. A day after the festival, Dustin had stopped by to apologize for how drunk he'd had gotten at the festival. He had flowers and that love sick puppy look that she'd fallen for.

She thought the apology was heartfelt. It was nice to know that Dustin had noticed something that she had tried to keep hidden from the world. Did she look so uptight and bothered about the alcohol that he had to apologize. Winnie thought he should live his life, just don't get in trouble and don't get hurt. Anyways, that night the couple slept together for the first time. Winnie enjoyed her time with her boyfriend, it was a different type of experience for her as she was the one experienced this time. Winnie could also say that she felt like this experience was a lot more sentimental than any of her previous partners.

That wasn't something she could say to her family therapist that morning as she sat on the couch next to her mother though. Winnie started therapy shortly after the accident. Her mother, being a medical professional, was quick to notice that her daughter was going through something and recommended it to her. It was only recently that the therapist thought that Winona wasn't getting better due to her family dynamic and encourage family therapy along with her regular sessions.. It was more the relationship between Regina and Winona that needed to be analyzed, but Chance would come along every once in a while. Today he hadn't joined and Winnie thought it had something to do with why he was mad at her. It did throw the girl off a little as she didn't understand what she had done and then she had to sit through an hour of trying to get her mom to understand her.

It was best to say that Winnie wasn't doing okay but when she stepped on the campgrounds of Camp Tipacanoe, it was with a smile on her face. The painting class that she had led had risen her spirits just a little and the surprising embrace of her doting boyfriend also made the smile on her face more genuine. He had been paying a bit more attention to her and she had felt a little guilty, stealing all his time from his friends and know it seemed his duties were being hindered as well.

Dustin I absolutely adore you, but you cannot abandon your campers and Mariah for me. She says, placing a soft kiss on his lips, the action comforting her much that she places another one. It is then that Winnie receives the text from Faith and concern settles in her chest. Actually, if you really want to avoid work you can come with me to see Faith. She gives him a pleading look while taking his hand, her steps starting to to backstep towards where Faith said she was. Putting Dustin and Faith in close proximity was probably not a good idea, but she didn't want to ditch her boyfriend and she didn't want to abandon her best friend (especially since they haven't been hanging around each other much). So for now Winnie will have to put another thing on the plate and hope that she can be the girl that everyone needed right now.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: confused; dodgy

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
tamarapasek tamarapasek (Mariah)

INT:
r e i r e i (Isa)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

Myling Myling (Niila)
tags
TL;DR

He'd rather talk about sports than his feelings

tl;dr
Chance Matthews
the battle within will have collateral damage
Chance could say that he let his anger spill out a little too much. And honestly he didn't need people seeing him angry, it put him at a vulnerable spot that he didn't need to be in. Because when you were vulnerable people start looking and he didn't need people looking at the inner workings of Chance Jackson Matthews. Not even Isa. He wasn't ready to discuss his feelings regarding his confusing sexuality with his best friend yet, he hadn't told his sister or his aunt yet and he usually told them everything.

I'm not mad, just tired. I'm okay, promise. Chance easily pulls a smile on his face, but he doesn't know whether or not his words appease her. Isa gives him a hug and he returns it. There was no need to worry her about his problems when she got her own to deal with. Go check on the kid. He nods towards Max (even though Max is older than him). He continues to follow behind the duo, his hand clasped into Isa's. Chance almost finds himself sinking into his angry and pessimistic thoughts, so he tries to distract himself on twitter where he finds himself in multiple bouts of drama and flirting. And now her had a date with Mariah. Chance really thought she was beautiful, he always thought so, but was it really right for him to go on a date now. He didn't know, all he knew was that he was going to enjoy his date with Mariah and show her a good time.

Suddenly Max quickly pulls himself from their group and starts making his way down the trail faster with not much of a goodbye, just an awkward run deeper into the woods. He watches the deaf teenager clumsily make his way down the path to god knows where, slight concern etching into Chance's forehead as Max went further and further. That kid was gonna give him high blood pressure and he knew it. I think we should probably follow him before he gets his ass hurt. He says to Isa, knowing that she'd probably agree. Before the two friends could make their way to where Max headed, his attention is brought to Niila and honestly the sight was refreshing to him. Maybe he needed a new person that didn't know who Chance was to take up his time. Isa, this is Niila. He happens to be my partner for this camp shit.

His phone dings with inquiry about Isa's whereabouts and before he could even answer Isa snatches the phone away from his hands, before he can answer and she starts marching away from the two athletes. Well fine then, I'll see you later. He yells after his best friend before turning back to the exchange student with a smile on his face. Chance's smile is a lot more real now. Distractions were gonna help him through the rest of the day and maybe even the rest of the week. I guess we should head to where we're gonna be leading out class. He leads his new companion in a different direction than both his partners. How're you liking this shit show of a town so far Niila?

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: worried; nervous; amused

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)

tags
TL;DR
He thinks Artemis looks cute cuddling with Mack like that
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself
Hassim could not hide the fact that he was worried about Artemis. With the throwing up, the stumbling, the muttered flirtations, and the way Artemis was hugging Mars, all Hassim wanted to do was keep the drunk fella in his apartment until he felt better.

He leads himself to the kitchen, the only room that was full unpacked as it was his favorite room. Hassim was obviously a lot closer to his mom than he was to his father, so growing up you could always find him cooking beside his mom. Eventually you could always find Hassim in the kitchen by himself, whipping something up, something he found from a cookbook, online, his mother, or his own creation.
Last night he had picked a random recipe in one of the random cookbooks he had stacked in the bookshelf over the sink, it ended up being ribs and vegetables coated with a Cabernet sauce that took an hour to make. He had made a little too much last night, but right now he was grateful for that. Whenever he, his father, or a friend got drunk, he'd serve them a hearty meal with some water and hope that it would subset the side effects of the heavy drinking.

Hassim heats up a small portion in the microwave and while waiting for the time to count down, he rummages through his medicine box to find Motrin. Soon the young man is supplied with food, water, and a couple tablets of Motrin. When he steps back into the living room, Hassim finds Artemis's face buried into Mack's fur which pulls a low chuckle from his chest.

The lifeguard puts himself on the floor beside Artemis, placing the food on the coffee table behind their bodies. You should eat Artemis...and drink water. He softly puts his hand on Artemis's shoulder to rise him out of his slump. If you eat, take Motrin, and drink water, I'm sure your hangover won't be as bad in the morning.

He gives his dog a soft pat with his other hand, enjoying the company within his apartment more and more, despite Artemis not really understanding what was going on. Come on Artemis, Hassim softly pulls him away from Mack's side and tries to turn him to the sustenance. Drink some water.

code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
tags
tl;dr
artemis mercier
Artemis barely thought of anything other than the dog whose fur he was half-buried in while he was in Hassim's apartment. He barely thought about the situation, either. All he could feel was soft fur on his face and hands, and the warmth of being inside as well as the warmth from the alcohol, which he felt in his chest. He'd be embarrassed about this in the morning, not that he knew at that point. He'd be ashamed, and he'd feel like he was inappropriately vulnerable. He'd feel like Hassim saw a part of him that he wasn't proud of, and that he tried to pretend didn't exist.

He hardly reacted to Hassim as the other man touched his shoulder, groaning a little with his face still in Mack's fur. He only moved because Hassim moved him, and even then, he was pretty limp. He turned, at least, so he was facing the coffee table, but still leaned against the couch. Taking a few moments to process Hassim's words, he reached for the glass of water, took a tiny sip, and then placed it down beside him, somehow managing to not spill it all over the carpet. Yet. He looked over at Hassim as if he was suddenly upset.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked in a slur, leaning his head all the way back against the couch and tilting it face Hassim completely. "Please don't be mad at me, Hassim, please. Everyone's mad at me. Everyone's always mad at me. Carson gets mad when I'm too mean or drunk. Astraea gets mad when I don't wanna do stuff. My parents..." He smiled, then, widely, like he was actually amused, despite what he was saying. "God, my parents are always so mad at me." He closed his eyes and turned back toward the ceiling, head tilted up. "I'm so mad at me. Fuck, I'm so mad at me." He furrowed his eyebrows, his voice becoming softer as he spoke - almost as though he didn't even realise he was still speaking.
code by valen t.

MOOD: worried; nervous; amused

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:

tags
TL;DR
He thinks Artemis looks cute cuddling with Mack like that
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself
Artemis's words hurt Hassim. How could someone ever hate someone as cute and flustered as him. I don't think I could ever be mad at you Artemis. And I know Carson and Astraea are just worried about you, not mad. And I'm sure your parents don't hate you.

Hassim's time with his new friends had given him a lot of exposure to their dynamic. The three of them all deeply cared for each other and despite Carson's stern tone on Twitter earlier, Hassim knew that it was out of concern. When the drunk man manically smiles at the lifeguard, there's something that clicks in Hassim's mind. He cared about Artemis. The window that sat behind Artemis's body is letting sun in and it creates a glow around his silhouette , it mesmerizes Hassim for a moment, so much so that he almost misses the somber man's words.

I'm so mad at me. Fuck, I'm so mad at me.

The words eat away at Hassim and he he knows exactly how Artie felt. He hesitates, but ultimately he decides to set a warm palm to the side of Artemis's face, brushing the brunette's curls out of his point of view in order for their eyes to meet. It's okay to be mad at yourself, but I think it's time to forgive.

Hassim takes his hand away, but replaces the form of comfort with a small smile instead. We're all allowed to make mistakes, backstep instead of going forward. You're only human. He picks up the Motrin tablets to hold them out to Artemis, hoping that his friend won't deny. Let's just eat, drink water, sleep, and tomorrow morning we'll set a new game plan. One where you're not mad at yourself.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: comfortable

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

lion. lion. (Zach)
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR Being tortured by 8 yearolds as she waits for Max and Zach
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Harper turned to face the flailing limbs of Max Berkowitz as he came practically tumbling down the hill to stand beside Harper. Noticeably Max was out of breath, ‘Hey!’ Harper signed back, smiling sweetly as she met Max’s eyes. ‘you know you didn’t have to run.’ She shook her head chuckling lightly at Max. She appreciated his enthusiasm and not wanting to leave her alone with somewhat questionable children. He was a great friend because of that. ‘yeah!’ Harper smiled brightly thinking about the sunrise that morning, and how nice the water felt.

The laughs her and Zach shared. He was ridiculous more than half the time, couldn’t stand when the attention was not on him. But, ironically, Harper considered him a good friend, a close friend at that. He was fun to be around. Even when he was trying to catch a good look at his own reflection in the water.

There were rare and fleeting moments where Harper would just feel safe, her brain wouldn’t be going a mile a minute, thinking about problems at home, making sure that they would have enough to get through the week. And when she was hanging out with Zach, she could forget about the constant worries. ‘The water was beautiful this morning.’

Harper only could give Max a look as he diverted the conversation to memories of when they were kids at camp. ‘It is, though I do remember….’ She paused for a moment thinking about the right word to explain it. ‘having more innocents.’ She smirked as her hand flicked over the word. Harper remembered being so pissed off at Zach when he grabbed her ponytail, and stuck gum in her hair. They were twelve how could he still be so immature.

Harper bit the inside of her lip realizing that Zach was still pretty close to being that immature. Though she had probably too much faith that he wouldn’t put gum in her hair now…

Like she had called him through the subconscious of her brain, she heard the ramen headed boys voice carry over the to the hill that her and Max stood on. Looking over her shoulder to see him waltz up a hill like he had nothing better to do. Taking ever moment to be the center of attention. She could only roll her eyes as a smirk crossed her lips. Of course, she was happy to see him, just like she had been happy to see Max. They had fifteen eight-year-olds to watch. They needed all the help they could get.

She turned, elbowing Max lightly in the side, nodding her head to Zach’s arrival. She only caught the last bit of the conversation that he had been having with one of the kids, where they also made fun of his Dasani water. Harper signed to Max the situation that she began to laugh at, having to stop herself so that she could spell out the word Dasani.

Harper moved abruptly as Zach’s arms snaked around the two of them. “Well, that’s one way to describe your personality.” She snickered as she pulled herself out of his grasp. It was too hard to sign and talk when you were pinned to another’s side.

She shook her head at the two boys who both had no idea what they were even doing here as camp counselors. “Did either of you even bother to look over the packet?” She raised and eyebrow as her signing began to slow down. It was hard for her to communicate in both languages at the same time. Max always said that it was hard, but she really never fully understood until she became more fluent in ASL.

“I swear if your heads weren’t attached, you’d forget them.” Harper said this more so to Max than to Zach as she was almost one hundred precent sure that since Zach spent so much time on his hair, he wouldn’t have actually been able to forget his head.

She sighed as neither boy really had a response, or at least a good enough reason for not looking at the packet. “We’re taking them up Golden Creek Loop, its an easy trail, stays close to the water and loops back to here.” Reaching into her back pocket she pulled out her own packet of papers that was neatly folded up into fours. “Look at it.” She sighed as she turned around to the hoard of eight year olds. “Alright Campers!” She yelled out clapping her hands over her head. “Lets get ready to hike up the trail.”

“Do we all have a water bottle?” She looked over as the kids raised one up, “Check! Shoes tied?”

All the kids looked around at their feet and each other’s. Luckily, they all seemed to be tied for the moment. “Check? Now everyone has their buddy?” Now they didn’t plan to loose any kids, but at least everyone had someone they felt responsible for at the end of the day. Harper looked out at a bunch of kids holding up each other’s hands, locked together.

“Well, I believe that means we are ready to go.” She looked over at Zach and Max nodding her head at the trail before turning on her heal to lead the kids up the trail that she had at this point been walking for years.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Trying to fold up and disappear

OUTFIT: Max Loves The Woods

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Harper Dazzle Dazzle
Zach lion. lion.

tags
TL;DR
Max ponders his situation with Zach, and supposedly has a hiking trip to tend to right about now. Luckily, Harper is on her counselor A-Game, so if the boys can't do anything but stand around and let the sparks fly, at least the expedition will have one competent leader...
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Harper ended their little moment by stopping to point over Max's shoulder, drawing his attention back to reality before he was ready to face it.

He'd spent all that time catching his breath, and Zach made him lose it all over again.

Zach threw an arm around Max's shoulder and his other over Harper's, pulling them in close enough for the roguish blonde to turn his head to Max, knowing Harper would hear regardless, and slow his words to say... something. Max failed to lipread, didn't look to Harper for a translation, and left himself to imagine what Zach might have said. The sly smile, the cocky lift of his eyebrows, the glint in his deep blue eyes... Zach's eyes spoke the sentence with no need for the words.
Heat prickled up Max's neck and washed over his face. Damn it, Zach. Despite using the language barrier like a steel wall between them since childhood, Zach had a talent for embarrassing Max with a simple look, a curl of his lips into that smoothly devilish smirk that had worked its way into Zach's very name.
Somehow, embarrassment wasn't all that Max was feeling now. He retorted the smirk with a flustered glare, but never tried to pull away from his fiendish friend's hold. Max rarely did: as much as the two pretended not to get along, there was an undeniable closeness between them. Maybe just a product of growing up practically handcuffed to each other by their father's inseparable friendship, but just as real.

Zach's arms lifted from Max and Harper, and the youngest teen was left running his fingers back over the now empty space between his neck and shoulder as if he didn't quite realize what had happened. In seconds, Zach had seized the reins and addressed the children with his usual braggadocious flair. His charm, that worked so well on Zach's peers, the children were as impervious as titanium to. Max saw the mocking snicker travel through the cluster of kids and wasn't sure if he was supposed to be feeling smug, because he wasn't. He couldn't bring himself to find this funny. Max seemed awkwardly unamused by Zach getting raked over the coals by the children over his water choice. No laugh, just a forced smile that looked almost painful, and that was all he had in him to respond with.
Max could hardly look at Zach, instead simply focusing in on Harper's interpreting as if he had no business being part of the situation himself. He was used to feeling like an outsider, and right now it was almost a relief to have the separation. As if for that moment, it was him and Harper again.

Letting Zach's fumbled attempt to win over the group die in the air, Harper couldn't help but chide her teammates for leaving their packets behind. Max's was at his house, somewhere on his bathroom counter. He misplaced it while packing up for the trip and didn't realize until he was halfway there and couldn't turn around for it. He hardly expected more of himself at this point, but the disappointment over Harper's face made him wish he could have spent just a little longer going over his packing list.

“I swear if your heads weren’t attached, you’d forget them.”

Max knew she was right.
These past few months, everything slipped through his memory like grains of sand through his fist. He was too caught up in his own hazy thoughts to have space for anything in his crowded mind.
How did he even have that many thoughts in a head so fucking empty?

Max sheepishly brushed his hand off his forehead and said only "Forgot, sorry..."
That was the only thing he'd managed to say since Zach had arrived. Harper's shoulders sank in frustration as she passed the boys her own packet. Max reached for it first, briefly catching Zach's eyes and trying to pass a slight sting between the two of them, as if to say 'you can't have everything first.'

Zach had gone above and beyond to let Max know he was no longer welcome. Just last week, he'd delved so far as to drive a wedge between their fathers, just to make it easier to push himself and Max apart.
Why did Max even agree to do something that callous to his own dad?
He shouldn't be as scared of losing his friendship with Zach as he was.
It was stupid. Were they ever even really friends?
No.
You were always in the way.
What? He never liked you...
Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

In the deepest pits of Max's catastrophizing thought pool, he decided that If Zach had just gone and said 'Max, I'm sick of you, don't show your face to me and stay away from my friends,' Max would have done so in a heartbeat. Really. If Zach wanted him gone that badly.

But Zach had made it clear to Max then, the reason why he was so insistently pushing Max to back off.

I like her too.

Those four words were going to follow Max for the rest of his life.

But Max wasn't sociopathic enough to conscience what Zach had pressured him into doing to their fathers, so he went to Dr. Lee and turned himself in.

Naturally, Zach wasn't pleased when he found that out. Even with Max's confession putting the blame entirely on Max himself, Zach's father wasn't fooled by the notion that his own son wasn't behind the idea. So right now, Max could only pray that Zach would have the mercy to save the retaliation for later.

Max only looked up from the packet when Harper pulled his attention back to let him know they were ready and set to lead on up the trail. Staying close by Harper's side, he looked back over his shoulder at Zach and almost didn't want him to follow. Almost, but not quite.

Zach had communicated perfectly, with no need to say anything, that there was only enough room for two of the three of them.

Max, Why are you even here?
Nobody wants you here.

It was going to be difficult to make this enjoyable. But for Harper's sake, and most of all for the kids, he had an obligation not to visibly sulk about the situation he'd found himself in. Just for a few hours, things had to be fine. Perfectly fine. Absolutely no reason for anyone to believe that things were anything other than fine. Max was used to being in this situation, even if he knew deep down he was probably the worst liar this side of the Western Hemisphere. Maybe if he could just watch the trees for a while, the stress would wear off.
This was probably the most peaceful place Max knew. Ever since he moved up here, this camping trip was always the highlight of his year. Even with all the chaos and havoc it always brought with it. He'd take all the insect bites and broken ankles and hours lost in the forest just for the thrill of being there.
Nothing, not even the aching dread of his social life imploding, could totally overshadow that.
With all the green plants, there was enough oxygen to go around. Certainly enough for all three of them.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
tags
tl;dr
artemis mercier
If Hassim's hand on Artemis' face shocked him, it could only really be seen in his eyes. He opened them slowly and turned towards Hassim, turning his face more into the other man's hand and then just... staring. Staring at Hassim like he didn't quite believe what he was saying - but he wanted. God, he wanted to. He wished he could stop being mad at himself. He wished he could forgive himself for the habits he refused to break, for being the one left when it shouldn't have been him. For the decisions he made when he wasn't totally thinking straight.

His eyes followed Hassim's hand as it moved away from his face and then held the Motrin. Artemis stared at his hand, almost like he was contemplating taking the tablets. He smiled a little at Hassim's plan to forget his anger towards himself, knowing it wouldn't work. "I'm always mad at myself," he muttered, then reached out to grab the tablets. He tilted his head back as he dropped them in his mouth, and then grabbed the glass of water beside him and drank some to ease the swallowing of the pills. Drinking the water made him realise how thirsty he was, so he downed the rest of the glass, placing it - now empty - on the coffee table again. He looked at the food and blinked, then laid back down against the couch.

"You're so nice," he sighed, curling up against the couch and closing his eyes like he was planning on sleeping there. "So nice. And so pretty. I told Astraea that you're hot." He paused a long moment, long enough that it would be easy to assume he was asleep, before he spoke again. "I wish I could hate you. I hate most people. You're so... fucking perfect. God."
code by valen t.

MOOD: worried; mesmerized

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:

tags
TL;DR
He never noticed how beautiful Artemis looked before
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
Since Hassim has started hanging out with Carson, Astraea, and Artemis, Carson would flirt with him to catch his attention. It was something Hassim had ignored because he didn't think that he was ready for any type of relationship or if Carson would be attracted to other parts of his being. He couldn't deny that she was pretty and given time, something could have happened. But Hassim's attention had been completely consumed by the barista that he hasn't paid much attention to the bookshop keeper.

Artemis was cute.

He was someone Hassim wanted to pay more attention to. He didn't like that Artemis was mad at himself. But when Artemis finally taking the Motrin caused for Hassim to breathe out a sigh of relief. The soft nature of the man in front of him mesmerizes the lifeguard and he catches himself staring back. You don't have to worry about the food now, I can save it for when you wake up. I can also get you more water.

Hassim moves to gather the plate and cup for the kitchen, but Artie's ramblings stop him. The compliments elicit a deep chuckle from Hassim's chest but it's not a genuine one. Oh Artemis, you're not the only one that's mad at yourself. He leans his back against the couch, Mack laying her head on his shoulder as his hands meddle with each other. Hassim could be deemed nice by everyone else but himself, he knows the things he'd done and he wasn't so sure that everyone would necessarily be amused by them. If Hassim told the truth, he was really running away from his problems in Boston and he didn't deserve to be considered nice. Artemis did not earn the same treatment that Hassim was doing to himself.

I know that already. I think you told all of Twitter that I was hot. It's okay, you're not so bad yourself. His commentary brings a bigger smile on his face as he was sure that Artie was not going to remember this when he was sober. But Artemis's words about not being mad at him made Hassim proud. He didn't think that one person's feelings about him could possibly make him feel better. And there's no such thing as perfect, trust me Artemis.

Hassim notices that Artemis getting tired and thinks it be best to move him somewhere a lot more comfortable. He stands up and holds a hand out to the young adult on the floor. Here, you should get some rest. You can take my bed today.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Randy

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

Zach lion. lion.

Faith r e i r e i

INT:

Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

tags
TL;DR: Dustin must have attention from his girlfriend, even if it means being a deadbeat camp counselor
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I'm thinking it's a sign
that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images
and when we kiss, they're perfectly aligned
Dustin kissed Nona back eagerly, lovingly holding his girl as if he hadn't seen her in days. To each of her soft kisses, her gave her a longer, deeper one, continuing even after she reminded him he had somewhere more important to be.

"Buut... you're so... hooott.." Dustin whined in between a series of quick kisses, as if that in itself was a sufficient counter-argument. "Anyway, I just need like five minutes of your time," He joked, now kissing Nona's neck, taking advantage of the solitude of the woods to paw at her curvy hips and booty with both hands.

When it was clear Winnie wasn't going for his expert seduction attempt, Dustin grumbled playfully and pulled back just enough to admire her pretty face. He loved the way her dark eyes sparkled in the sunlight, always revealing some new russet flecks or amber facets that he never noticed before. Studying her face now, he finally took note that something about her expression and general demeanor was off, making his brow furrow in thought. He knew his girlfriend well enough by now to recognize when her smile looked a bit sad or slightly strained.

"What's wrong, Nono?" Dustin asked gently, nuzzling his nose against hers. He fully anticipated she would sweetly brush him off, of course, as she often did when he asked that. He didn't like to press her though; the last thing he wanted was her to see him as was an annoyance or nag. Still, he often wondered if this was the best way to Boyfriend. Maybe he should be pushing her to open up more. It wasn't something he felt he could ask Zach, unfortunately. As adored by girls as the guy was, he wasn't exactly known for his interpersonal skills.

Dustin stifled a sigh at Nona's request to meet up with Faith. Faith openly couldn't stand him, but if that's what his girl wanted him to do, of course he could ignore some sneers from Winnie's bitchy BFF.

He allowed himself to be led by the hand, pausing when the girl turned fully to walk ahead of him. Dustin then rushed to catch up, only to playfully grab Nona up in an affectionate squeeze from behind, as if he simply couldn't go on until he got one last hug out of his system. He gave Winnie's cheek a few kisses before releasing her, grabbing her hand once again to follow along wherever they were going.
code by valen t.

Faith
the perfectionst sofie
Faith wakes up to the sound of the shower running. Looking to the side of her, she sees that El's phone was still there which meant one of two things. Either El has actually decided to spend time with Faith randomly or that her parents had returned home after a long flight and are still in the house. Which was concerning as they would have left by now before even El woke up. She looks at the time and sighs, getting up. She looks at the clothes that were already set up for her with a note from El, requesting more like demanding that she wear this, usually, she would comply but due to the fact that she was going to camp and this wasn't suitable for this outing. She had to go and wear a different outfit. She waits until El leaves the shower before entering it herself. El looked at her clothing that was set out and raise her eyebrow before letting Faith go. Once she was out and dressed, she looked at El who had that look of anger on her face.

"I thought I had set you out clothes for you to wear. "

Faith sighed and looks at Elle. "That wasn't appropriate for camp. Remember I told you that all the high school kids from school and some of the adults, get roped into hosting a camp for the younger kids. It happens every summer. It goes on throughout the summer. This is the first camp of the summer. " Elle just rolled her eyes and nods for them to head downstairs. Faith thought for a second that she was safe from Elle wraith but she spoke too soon as she follows her downstairs. Seeing that Frankie was already there, she looked to see the stern faces of her parents and sigh to herself. "Good Morning Father and Mother.", they nodded at her before she sat down. Ellie went off to make them some plates before sitting down beside Faith. Faith looks at her plate, seeing less than what a child would eat. She just smiles fakely and takes the food without complaints. Her mother clears her throat as everyone gives her their attention.

TRIGGER WARNING

Her mother begins to speak strongly and with a distaste in her voice. "Your father and I will be gone for one month while we deal with our companies overseas. Ellie will be accompanying us as always. We should be back by the end of July and the start of August. We expect Faith to be in charge of the company we have here in the meanwhile. Keep our standards high as always. This means Faith, that we are putting you back on a diet, you have gained weight and that is unacceptable. Also, you need to focus more on the business and not on hanging out with your friends. We are raising you to be the next heir, which means you have no time for fun. Act like the lady we raised you to be, not a child. " Faith glances at El who just nodded along with her parents' words, and she just nods softly as she gets the full blunt of the glare from her mother. Her mother goes on to say to her brother.

"Franklin, you are to keep the current diet and double your weight training. Oh, because of your idiotic grades from last semester, we are forced to hire a tutor to find one. Pay them whatever they want, we need a miracle to help you with your problem. We will not have you hold back this family any longer, improve yourself. You can't possibly be that stupid, you are a gomez for goodness sake. "

Before her mother could go on and cut into her brother some more, she immediately opens her mouth. "So mom how is the buisness doing in stock?" which distracted her mother. Earning her a glare from El who whispers in her ear.

"You can't always save him, Faith. Next time, you do, you deal with the consequences of your actions. "

TRIGGER WARNING OVER

Faith breathes in deeply when Frankie unknowingly gave her a way out. He got up and mentions camp and that Faith and him were going to be late. She knows that they had a whole hour before they needed to be at camp. He quickly exits and Faith does the same. El just nods at her as Faith kisses her cheek. She quickly heads out seeing that Frankie was already gone. She gets into her car and rushes to the campgrounds. Once getting there...she lets go.

She breaks down in her car, letting everything just hit all at once. She quickly texts Star and hopes to all hell that she gets here quickly.

campgrounds.
breaking down.
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back