• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

scroll

author for fun

Aisha.

mood

excited, with worry mixed in

campgrounds

interactions

Juno, Dani, Dex, Juniper, Sterling

"Juno, it's fine. You can be upset."
The atmosphere inside the car was tense. Aisha had visited her friend since college yesterday in order to help him pack for the camp. That obviously was just an excuse to visit him. However the green haired man had not questioned it and welcomed her into his house with open arms. Aisha wasn't planning on telling anyone about her cancer except her doctor any time soon. However Juno had always been good at sensing emotions and things that others wanted to hide. Aisha had thought it was better to tell now than wait for Juno to figure it out himself. Aisha thought everything was going well. They had a somewhat melancholic but heartwarming conversation. Juno had cried his eyes out and gave Aisha the tightest hug she had ever experienced. Juno was emotional and eccentric, but he rarely showcased real raw emotions like that. It was a sign of Juno trusting her.

However things didn't seem as good as now.Juno was forcing himself to be happy and babbled about the camp in fake enthusiasm. Juno just shaked his head at Aisha's comment and continued his act. "Yo Aisha, you shouldn't have dressed Sterling into dungarees. Now the kids will bully me that a 3-year-old is my style icon. I guess an adult man wearing dungarees is a little off putting.. Though Daiki said I looked cute... after laughing for ten minutes." He kept a moment of silence, took his gaze off the road and looked at Aisha without looking at her eyes. "I guess he didn't mean it.. please don't say I look like an actual mess." Now it was Aisha's turn to shake her head. "Juno.. I'm serious. You don't have to force yourself to act like this." However, her speaking sense was ignored. For the rest of the trip the car was completely silent. The adults stopped talking, and the little Sterling was sleeping on the backseat.

After arriving Aisha went to wait for the other adults, and Juno went to park the car. Aisha held still sleeping Sterling in her arms, and carefully woke up the boy. Sterling let out a tired sigh and rubbed his eyes as his mother put him down. "Did you see sweet dreams, little one?" Aisha asked with a warm smile, however that didn't portray her true feelings. She had been excited about the camping trip, Juno had talked a lot about what he and his high school friends used to do during it, but now worry started to take away from the excitement. He was worried about Juno. Worried she ruined the trip for him. Aisha only half listened to Sterling, who was describing a dream. She didn't even first notice Juno coming back. They just continued being silent.. at least Aisha was. Juno was talking cheerfully to Sterling.

Didn't take long for all the adults to face each other. The Henderson family was sure a cute one. It made Aisha rethink her old decisions. Wouldn't her situation be a lot easier, if she had tried enough to find out who the baby's dad was. Wouldn't it be great to have a small family like the one they had? She tried to not think about it too much. "Heyy, Juni. What does the cuter Juniper know?" She sweetly talked to the child of Juno's friends since high school. "Hey for you two as well! I'm so excited, Juno has told me a lot about Camp Tipacanoe. Oh, the certain poor canoe, am I right?" She looked at how Dani gave a quick kiss to Dexter. She made a comment about how they were around eighteen when they visited the place last time. Aisha didn't answer anything and just smiled, since the comment didn't include her.

♡coded by uxie♡

Isabella
the drug dealer teddy bear
Isa loved camp. It was an simple way to get out in nature and just enjoy being a kid. Well that's what her mom thought she was doing when she was at camp but in reality, she was getting into more trouble then Ivy got into...somewhat. Isa loved camp because it was the way that she was left unsupervised once she stopped being an normal camper. Yea they were some adults here, but they don't really care what you do as long as you manage to keep the camp flowing in the right direction. Well, when she wasn't busy with an handsome blue eye boy that she had been hanging around with for the past couple of weeks. Reid and her had been enjoying each other company, a lot these past few days, so when they found out they were both on breakfast duty, they couldn't help but sneak away for some fun.

Isa had an appetite that at the moment could only be satisfied by him. As they got to her tent, she warned Reid as she fell back into her tent landing on her air mattress pulling him along with her, that they only had an certain amount of time before people were going go out looking for him but he just looked at her with that smirk and all sensible thoughts went out the window. It was like she was hypnotized but that smirk of his. It wasn't that she liked him as anything more then a fuck buddy, yea he's cute and ever so handsome but he was also way too much like her. She wouldn't be able to deal with a boy like that. She could barely deal with herself. But as a fuck buddy, he was perfect. No strings attached and afterward, they could just chill without thinking it's something more. Once they had their fill of the kind of fun, that they loved. They got dressed again, and as Reid was leaving her tent, someone was coming in. She groans as she realized that they must have gone over the time frame that they had and now Max had seen them together. Once Reid got out of the tent, she followed getting hit by questions from Max. She looked at Reid giving him a quick kiss on the lips "I'll see you later hottie. Have fun." She says smirking "Thanks for helping me with my...appetite."

Isa then turns to Max and groans signing "Can we just...not? You really don't want to know what we were doing in that tent. " She whines softly as she looks at Max. It was obvious from her face about what they were doing in the tent. Her hair had the 'just had sex look' and her clothes was messed up having from just taken off and on. "Look we can stand here and talk about my choices or we can go hike and see the trail you were talking about with Chance? I know you were really excited for that Max. So if we just forget about this whole incident, I promise to listen to every one of your plant facts and buy you any plant you want. Just please...no lecture?" She signs to him softly. She tends to sign as she speaks when she was talking to Max. She did like to practice her signing with Max. "Come on little brother....please?" She pleaded softly.
campgrounds.
embarrassed but satisfied.
coded by natasha.

MOOD: sad about turtles

OUTFIT: salmon teeshirt and khaki shorts

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
LittleWolfie LittleWolfie (Madi)
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Tabitha)
tags
TL;DR Picking up Oliver
tl;dr
Jacob Morass
when you are kind to others, it not only changes you, but the world.

Jacob stood by the side of the lake, the broad camera strap hung on his neck as he folded his turtle bingo sheet into fours, sliding it into his back pocket. "I can't believe we haven't found any turtles!" Jacob announced to the group surrounding him. Jacob and Oliver had been certain that they were going to find at least painted(not rainbow) turtles sitting on the logs beside the lake. He leaned back against one of the large rocks that sat by the lake, many people would use this break time between morning and afternoon activities for lunch, or possibly a nap. But, here was Jacob, Oliver, Tabitha, and Madi, hunting for turtles that just didn't seem to be here.

He shook his head, before he started to fiddle with the dial on his camera, going from sports, to recording, to manual. He lifted the camera to his face and just starred through it, snapping a blurry shot of a herring that had just taken off. "damn." He muttered under his breath, that's what he got for messing with the settings yet again. He should of just left it on action shots, that way he wouldn't be able to miss anything. Sighing he turned the dial back to where he should of originally left it in the first place.

He watched Tabitha sit down, she was quiet during most of this trip as Oliver had mostly be rattling off every fact about turtles that he could muster. Telling them that they wouldn’t find the turtles out in moving water. But, they hadn’t had much of a choice, swim lessons had started and any turtles that may have been around the main lake, had definitely gone into hiding when the screaming kids came around.

Tabitha looked so calm staring out on the water, anything that Jacob had been thinking of had gone right out of his head. While he could still hear Oliver talking about not seeing any turtles, it only sounded like murmurs to him, a thumping sound had filled his ears though he had no idea where it was coming from. “Hold on Tabs,” Jacob called out as he fumbled with the dial on his camera. “Don’t move.” He lifted the camera to his eye, focusing it before he snapped a picture.

click

Bringing the camera back down from obscuring his face. He looked at the picture that he had just taken of the brunette sitting in front of him. “You look amazing.” He said as he walked over to Tabs, crouching down to show her the picture he had taken. Amazing didn’t really describe her, radiant though, radiant was a beautiful word.

Jacob quickly cleared his throat as he felt his face start to heat up ever so slightly as he looked up from the camera to realize how close his own face was to Tabitha’s. His eyebrows shot up as he fell backwards onto his butt. “Ahaha” he laughed awkwardly at himself. “Maybe we should go further down the way. Maybe the river settles down a bit?” He looked between Oliver and Madi, avoiding any and all eye contact with Tabs. Madi only smiled brightly as Oliver just looked confused or more so annoyed that they hadn’t seen any turtles.
code by valen t.

scroll

school counselor

Juno.

mood

upset, hiding it with fake cheerfulness

outfit

Camp Tipacanoe, campgrounds

interactions

Dani, Dexter, Juniper, Aisha, Sterling

"Oof, I shouldn't have talked about all the wild stuff that happened in Camp Tipacanoe back in the day."
Juno's facial expression was worried, but his voice was amused. It sounded as if he would burst out into laughter by any given moment. Instead of laughing, Juno fixed his posture on the small sofa. "You definitely shouldn't have. Now there's no way of me letting Nana come with you." Daiki stopped grinning only to give a quick kiss on Juno's cheek. Out of the two husbands Daiki was the more rational one. He adored Juno's sillines, but didn't give in. He knew how to handle his husband. Even now Juno was so focused to the kiss he almost forgot to insist. He was opening his mouth to do it, but Daiki didn't let him. "I know what you are going to say: it will be all right since you are the one keeping an eye on the kids. Well that's even a bigger reason for me to not let Nana into that camp. You will just join the kids if they indeed start doing something wild." His tone was too amused to convince Juno he was being scolded. "Oh. You don't like me being wild?" Juno pouted playfully. "I don't only like it but I adored it.. and since Nana is already sleeping you can show me just how wild you can be." Daiki's voice was flirtatious as he pulled the smaller male on his lap. Juno bit his under lip in a teasing way and went for a kiss. He felt the big hands of Daiki wrapping around his body as he went for another kiss. At the same time the doorbell ringed. Whoever it was they could wait.

The fun moment with Daiki got a not so pleasant turn, as the sound of the doorbell was revealed to be Juno's friend from college, Aisha. She had something to talk about, and Juno let her even when it meant he kissing with Daiki wouldn't lead anywhere this time… at the time Juno didn't know how much Aisha's talk would disturb him. Even now, on the car trip to Camp Tipacanoe, Juno was still disturbed about what Aisha had said. He couldn't believe she had a terminal cancer. He couldn't believe she wanted him to adopt Sterling. Her giving up her son sounded so definitive. Juno didn't know how to act. He knew he should support Aisha no matter what and be there for her. But he felt too weak to do it. He was overwhelmed by his own feelings. He was disturbed, depressed and furious. Why hadn't Aisha told him before? Maybe he could have done something if he had known about it before.

For first half of the camp trip Juno had forced himself to talk cheerfully and keep up this forced happy atmosphere. He had done it even when Aisha had said there was no need for it: Juno could be just as upset as he actually was. But the thing was if Juno let the feelings in, he would be swallowed by them. He wouldn't be able to stop crying, and that was no good. He had a duty to fullwill. As a camp counselor, he needed to make sure the camp would be fun experiment to all of the participants. And no one wouldn't have any fun if a grown up man was constantly crying out loud like a damned kid. When the first half of the car trip had went in a forcefully cheerful atmosphere, the second half they had spent in a complete silence. The adults didn't talk to each other and young Sterling was sleeping on the back seat.

After arriving to the campgrounds, it didn't take long for the teio to meet up with the Hendersons. They were as happy and loving as always. Dani leaned in to kiss her husband. Juno couldn't help but smile a little towards them. It was great to see all of their little friend group had found love and were happily married with kids. Juno really hoped Daiki would've come as well to the camp. He would know all the right words to calm him down. But no, he would be all alone with his thoughts and feelings. And if old signs were true this time, he would definitely be the third wheel again. The green haired man had no time to get lost in his thoughts, since the two women were already chatting. Aisha sweet talking to younger Juniper and her mother making a comment for the two males. "Hey, I heard that!" Juno said in a forced playful manner as he heard Aisha calling the little girl 'the cuter Juniper'. He was still unable to look at Aisha into the eyes. "Yeah that's true. We were such kids that time, thinking we were soo mature. And now we all are grown ups.. heck we all are married now and even have kids!"

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Deceased

OUTFIT: Get it!?!? In-TENTS

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR Hot girl summer means casual day-drinking.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

"Kill me now," Ivy's voice rose lethargically from the floor, "I failed the first rule of scouts."
She lay sprawled on the vinyl floor of the tent, limbs limply tossed every which direction like she was a rag doll that had been carelessly thrown there. The loose braids she'd knotted into her hair were coming apart, her face had gone slack like a corpse.
At least 90% of her miserable state was an exaggerated display, but she really was uncomfortable.
"Be prepared."

Ivy had never been a girl scout, but the motto was basically universal knowledge at this point, so it didn't matter. She'd forgotten the one thing that was going to get her through this trip: cheap alcohol. And her roommate's Ritalin, but that was probably because her roommate Alison had come on the trip as well. The whole group home inmate squad had to go, for some reason. Some of those kids were on community service, and the rest were occasionally forced to engage with the outside world anyway. Most of them were younger than Ivy, so she'd have little trouble avoiding them, and her roommate was practically comatose for most of the natural day.

Well, at least there was that she didn't have to complain about. Those fuckers could go march around the woods or whatever.
Ivy was supposed to be having fun.
How the fuck was she supposed to have fun without illegal disorientation juice?
Oh, the trials and tribulations she was forced to endure. Next to getting disowned by her adoptive family and shunted into the unforgiving foster care system, since everything that had happened since, this was the worst thing she'd ever had to deal with.
Not really, but it felt that way right now.

But anyway, she was in the wrong tent. She found that out a few minutes ago when whatever nerd duo was supposed to be in this hive of scum and villainy told her to get up and get moving. Ivy had pretended to be dead. They were not amused. So after pleading for a few minutes of recuperation, she dragged herself to her feet and ambled like a zombie towards her assigned living quarters. It was shocking to no one that Ashley had beat her there, lying on the floor and quipping something about forest fires... some Twitter joke Ivy had made earlier in the morning. Or maybe it was Ashley. Anyway, someone had said something about forest fires, but it was whatever at this point. Her fellow camper's bright joking voice seemed to give Ivy even more cause to cough her ghost up.

Breathing like she'd just climbed out of a tank of water, Ivy threw herself down on the floor next to Ashley, immediately thankful for the cool embrace of the synthetic fabric. It didn't really matter at this point that it was covered in schmutz and lint. "I can't even start the fire under my ass, Ashlelieyghiey...." Ivy drawled out the syllables of Ashley's name until it was an unrecognizable mess of sounds, ending it with a hollow sigh. "Y'know how like... alcohol can start a fire? Or like... make existing fires... into worse fires..." her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she let out a death rattle. "I've made mistakes, Ash Ketchum. Horrible mistakes." With great effort, she hoisted herself up on one of her elbows and looked Ashley squarely in the eyes. "You see this?" She held up the same glittery rainbow bottle she'd brought to the end-of-year party just a week ago. She cracked the lid and shook it to show it was empty. "We're fucked, man. Straight fucked." And with that, she patted the ground next to her before throwing herself melodramatically back to the floor, as if to invite Ashley closer to lie with her in her imaginary grave.

code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed; neutral; grossed out (Risa)

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Winnie

Myling Myling (Niila)

INT:
r e i r e i (Isa)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR

What the fuck's kind of name is Tip a canoe?

tl;dr
Chance Matthews
the battle within will have collateral damage
Chance loved his mom. She was a strong woman that sacrificed a lot for her children. After he husband died, she did her best to let et her children grieve but also helped them move forward. Her relationship with her eldest son strengthened since their shared loss, but it weakened with her daughter. Chance could see it, Winnie could see it, hell even Regina could see it, but no one tried hard enough to salvage a crucial relationship Chance oftentimes blaming himself. He loved his sister too, but the tension that occurred between the most important people in his life during the last week was suffocating him. It wasn't until his mother confronted him about knowing what was going with his sister did he finally understand.

Did you know? Regina had asked finally bursting after remaining quiet close to two weeks, confusing Chance so much that he thought maybe he was getting in trouble. Did you know that your sister was going around with feelings for girls?

The revelation shocks Chance, he was sure that he stopped breathing for a second. So that's what his sister, his best friend was hiding from him. She was bisexual. Here he was struggling to make terms with himself and his sister was over here accepting herself like it was easy. Sure Chance was happy for her, but a part of him was angry. Angry that she could be so open. Angry that she didn't tell him first. Angry that he can't bring himself to do the same thing...accept himself.

Chance was sure that Winnie could feel his animosity that morning when they ran into each other at the campgrounds. But he didn't care he was going to be a stupid junior counselor, and do a stupid fucking hike, and deal with other highly emotional stupid fucking teenagers. Who the fuck called a camp, Camp Tipacanoe? Obviously whoever did wasn't ready for any type of innuendos.

He's barely spent time in his tent before he's reminded that he's got to be somewhere. Of course Reid and Isa were sleeping around together at camp, the two couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Good for fucking them.

That's it. His whole morning was ruined. His whole camping trip might be ruined. All he could think about was his sister keeping a big secret from him and disabling the chance for them to search new parts of their identities together. How Reid and Isa couldn't keep their hands to themselves. How Max and Lemon were being fuckign idiots on Twitter. A frown paints on his face and arches into his eyebrows as he trudges towards where Max and Isa are. Let's fucking go. He doesn't even stop to wait for them, instead walking toward the treeline and the trail that was supposed to act as a calming medium.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: nauseous

OUTFIT: Max Loves The Woods

basics
MENTIONS:
Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Reid Dazzle Dazzle

INT:
Isa r e i r e i
Chance ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

tags
TL;DR
Max feels like crap and Lemon is drinking which is scary
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

"...fine." Max reluctantly agreed to Isa's pleading to drop the subject of what she'd been up to with Reid just now. It left a pit in Max's stomach to just drop it with no comment.
It was Reid.
Reid had his hands all over everything.
"I don't want a plant. I don't need to talk. It's fine. Nothing. We're good." His mouth forced a pained half-smile. They could just change the subject now, right?

Stop thinking about Reid.
Stop it.
It's weird. Fucking weird. It's--

Max had gone quiet again, twisting his hand and flexing his fingers as if trying to stop himself from adding any more to the situation. As he eventually had to admit to himself he didn't have anything else to say, he just shrugged and nodded, giving Isa one last skeptical glance before shifting his attention to his phone, just to pass the time. Something told him Chance would be late.

Max and social media didn't mix well. It spiked his anxiety like nothing else, but it was one of the only ways he could connect with most people. His close friends had all learned his language over time, but the rest of the school, the town... he was cut off from them. His eyes stayed cast blankly on the screen, his hand tilting his phone slightly to read it under the sunlight. At least Lemon was online, sending her snapchat posts, joking around on Twitter like nothing was wrong. Max tried to just enjoy it, be glad his friend was being herself again, but something about it didn't sit right. She wasn't really being her old self. She was cheerful, it felt different. He couldn't put a finger on it. It was unfamiliar, unsettling. Especially given the way she'd been acting lately

She wouldn't tell him what was up. She didn't want to tell him, but for whatever reason she felt fine telling everyone else.
Lemon...
Lemon was drinking.
That was what she was on about all along. Someone told her that solving her problems meant numbing herself down. Max... to him, that cut deep. Deeper than he'd ever be able to tell.
It was everyone else. Everyone was always so nihilistic. Lemon just wasn't listening. She never listened anymore. It felt like she didn't want to talk about anything anymore, like she didn't want to talk to him at all. She'd be acting like herself one minute and the next she'd be spouting the same defeatism that everyone else did. Everyone in Anchor Bay just didn't want things to change. They just wanted to wallow, and refuse to fix things even as they continued to fall apart.
Not Max. He was different.
A totally different philosophy. Definitely. He was an optimist. He wanted to help people. He wanted things to be better for other people.
Totally different. Definitely.

His last messages to Lemon failed to send.
Blocked.
She really didn't want to talk. She didn't want to acknowledge that he said anything at all. She didn't want to think about...
He made a quiet, strangled sound and shoved his phone away in his pocket. It would stay there for now. He couldn't look at it.
Max took a small breath in, slowly through his nose, feeling his blood pound against his wrists.

Because you're fucking dumb.
You think they really believe that?
Can't even walk straight.
You can't talk right.

Duck-footed, weak-kneed, lisping, slow little fucker who can't even...

Max squeezed his eyes shut and dug his teeth into his lower lip. No. He was not going there. Not now. He drew back another breath, holding it in for a few seconds. If he could just think of anything else, then everything would be fine...

As he stayed stuck still, with his eyes closed and trying to force himself back into looking some semblance of normal, he didn't notice Chance had shown up until Isa took his wrist and pulled him forward.

code by valen t.

Frankie
the football player with no heart
there's a trigger warning in here

Frankie woke up, excited. This was of course, his first day of camp. He was a senior councilor this year, which means, he basically get to do whatever he wants to, and who ever he wants to. The adults at the camp, don't care what they do outside of their duties for camp so when the kiddos are sleeping, is when the teenagers and young adults have some fun. Of course, this is made even better because of his partner this year. Claire Malkovich, his friend with benefits and also one of his closest friends as well. He cares a lot for her, even if he doesn't show it. He of course will never ever pursing a relationship, he was done with that forever. He wanted nothing to do with love, it all just sex to him now. He gets up and heads to the bathroom.

TRIGGER WARNING

Claire and him has been friends with benefits since the start of sophomore year, he had began to sleep around since the start of that summer, and she was the first one that he did sleep with after her. Ever since then, they have been there for each other, in and out of the sheets. No one messes with Claire, period since she's one of the top girls in the school but Frankie makes sure that even with that protection, that no one messes with her period. He's protective of her of course, she's like one of his closest friends, just like Chance. It doesn't mean that he has feelings for her. It's just a protectiveness that he would have for an close friend. After he takes a shower and gets dressed, he grabs his packed bag, that he had packed last night and heads downstairs where his parents were. They had came in after an long flight last night. Normally they would have been gone before he even woke up but they wanted to have an family meeting about something and of course Frankie had a feeling that it was about how they needed to improve in some way. He walks into the dining room, and looks at his parents "Hello Father. Hello Mother. How are you today?" His father gave him a glance and looked back at his newspaper not even acknowledging his son. His mother just motions for him to sit down. "We're waiting for your sister and Ellie before we start, tell the chef what you want. Remember that you need to track your calorie intake, don't embarrass us by gaining weight. " She said sharply as he nods not even responding. He grabs just an apple, and some toast as Ellie and Faith was coming down the stairs.

As they sat down, he watched as Ellie made two plates. One with less food on it, barely enough for a child, and hands it to Faith who just smiles fakely and takes it. He looks at his parents who was ignoring the interaction like it was normal. He just sighs to himself softly so no one were to hear and asked him what was his problem. His mother clears her throat and makes sure she had everyone attention before opening her mouth. "Your father and I will be gone for one month while we deal with our companies overseas. Ellie will be accompanying us as always. We should be back by the end of July and the start of August. We expect Faith to be in charge of the company we have here in the meanwhile. Keep our standards high as always. Which means Faith, that we are putting you back on a diet, you have gained weight and that is unacceptable. Also, you need to focus more on the business and not on hanging out with your friends. We are raising you to be the next heir, that means you have no time for fun. Act like the lady we raised you to be, not a child. " He looks away and tries to imagine himself somewhere else as Faith nods softly and apologize for something that isn't her fault. They are raising her to be a robot, not a human. He yells at himself as he says nothing to save her from their parents nitpicking.

"Franklin, you are to keep the current diet, and double your weight training. Oh, because of your idiotic grades of last semester, we are forced to hire a tutor so find one. Pay them whatever they want, we need a miracle to help you with your problem. We will not have you hold back this family any longer, improve yourself. You can't possibility be that stupid, you are a gomez for goodness sake. " He numbs himself as his sister instantly opens her mouth and begins to distract their parents from their wrath as she begins to talk about the stock market and what they needed to do to keep that in check. Frankie quietly excuses himself explaining that he was gonna be late for camp, and that Faith should start getting ready as well. When they had an whole hour until they needed to be a camp. He just needed to get out of that house. He rushes to his car, getting into it quickly as he drives off. He texts Claire, on the way to the camp grounds, asking her if they could meet up as soon as possible. He needed a distraction from the disaster of a family he had. They may seem picture perfect but they were far from it. If you look closely, you could see the cracks in the foundation.

TRIGGER WARNING OVER

Frankie gets to the camp grounds and parks grabbing his bag from the car. He sees Claire and smiles as he walks up to her. "Hey baby girl. How are you today beautiful?" He flirts softly as he wraps his arm around her waist. This was normal for them, this was their relationship from the start. Flirty banter with some fun in the sheets. This is what he needed. He hears someone yells his name and he turns around seeing Lemon, and smiling instantly. Lemon was his baby sister, of course she wasn't actually related to him but he treated her as such. Which means no one messes with her, unless they wanted to get smacked in the fact by Frankie. "Lems! There's my baby sister!" He removes himself from Claire before giving Lemon a hug reaching down and hugging her carrying her at some point before putting her back down. He looks at the guy she introduced to him. All his protective instincts came out in an instant. "Nillia. I'm Frankie, Lemon's brother. Her big brother. " He says sharply as he looks directly at Nillia. Frankie can be intimating when he wants to be and right now, he wants to be. "Ok, Nillia, where did you come from? Do you play any sports? " He asks without stopping as he keeps direct eye contact with the strange boy with no smile. He doesn't trust him around Lemon that's for sure. He's gonna find out everything he can about this weird boy.

campgrounds.
upset, and protective.
Claire Qwertycakes Qwertycakes Lemon Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Nillia Myling Myling
coded by natasha.

Carson Hughes

Carson had enjoyed her time with her friends at the summer fest, but the day came and left as so many do. As the week dragged on Carson stayed busy working, Hassim hadn’t been flirting back and Carson was beginning to get tired of giving every sign and every not subtle hint that she wanted more from him. Really, she would have rather gone back to Thad for fun but that always led to problems. Not that her fingers hadn’t been hovering over his name. She couldn’t tell Astraea because she already knew the distaste her friend had towards her ex. Everyone couldn’t stand him, including Carson herself. But she was bored, not really lonely mostly bored. Somehow, having a significant other made her feel busier even though all she was doing was working, eating, and sleeping. The routine continued on and every day she hovered over Thad’s name. Small town life definitely had slim pickings on those she could actually have fun with.

As the week continued Carson was more than excited to go to the beach with Astraea, it was a much-needed distraction from her monotonous week. She had been strong and didn’t get ahold of Thad like she wanted to. She had planned to meet her friend at the beach and so Carson grabbed all the needed supplies. She left a quick note for Ms. Mildred just in case the old woman forgot what day it was, and she quickly drove herself to the beach. The weather was near perfect as Carson found a spot to set up for her tanning.

As she waited, she decided to let herself play around on her phone and enjoy a little flirtation with her coworker Alexei. Sure, he was cute, but not really her type. Maybe he was too nice, too innocent, something she just couldn’t place her finger on as she went back and forth with him. She wished that she would get more responses from Hassim but she did find out he was taking care of Artemis so she didn’t really want to interrupt that, but her boredom was something she couldn’t handle.

It wasn’t that Carson couldn’t be alone, but she always preferred to have at least one person around, even if they didn’t talk. Somehow to feel constant reassurance that if she needed to talk, she could. It wasn’t ever the company because really that was dumb, but the knowing if she had a story to tell she could say it to a friend or someone who would care about her random stories. After what felt like forever Carson heard Astraea and she waved the blonde over. “Hey, babe. Late as ever, but it’s fine. I think you’ll be proud of me. I didn’t message Thad when I got bored. I did think about it, but I was good this time. So no getting back together with him…again for like the fifth time.” Carson shrugged. Old habits die hard, and old exes die even harder.

Mention(s): Qwertycakes Qwertycakes ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: Happy

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
USER=18461] ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie [/USER] (Hassim)

INT:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Carson)
tags
TL;DR Meeting up with friends
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea, true to her nature, was once again, running late to the beach. Though she finally made it, it was a gorgeous day. The sun was shinning, and the sky was the clearest it had been in what felt like a long time. Being a summer baby, Astraea always felt more relaxed when the warm weather came.

It didn’t take the blonde long to find her friend on the beach. She was thankful for the quietness of the town, the beach was practically clear, with plenty of space to spread out on. As she ran towards the girl, her feet sank deep into the hot sand, slowing her down, and causing her to run out of breath much faster than she normally would.

Skidding to a stop, she purposefully fell forward onto her knees digging her hands into the sand as she threw her hair over her shoulder. “Hello.” She smiled with a wiggle of her own eyebrows.

“Oh thank god.” She reached into her bag pulling out her towel and throwing it out flat on the ground. “You are an amazing person.” She moved to sit cross legged on the towel, facing towards Carson. “You deserve so much better than Thaddeus.” Astraea rolled her eyes as she flopped flat down on the towel.

“Aren’t you perusing Hassim now anyways?” She turned her head towards her friend, squinting her eyes as she looked towards the sun. Astraea didn’t really understand that there was more to dating than, well, dating. She didn’t understand what Carson was actually missing from what she had from Thaddeus. “I really hope I don’t burn today.” She pondered biting her own lip.

Quickly the girl sat up reaching into her beach bag to pull out the sunscreen. She wiped a heavy amount onto her arms and her face. “Carson, I’m sorry to be a bother.” She reached over with the bottle in hand. “Do you mind getting my back for me?”'
code by valen t.

MOOD: shhh secret

OUTFIT: varsity jacket + jeans (this is all he wears)

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

INT:
N/A

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Looking for Lemon's spot
tl;dr
levi morgan
i look a little bit older, i look a little bit colder
Levi wasn't particularly excited for the camping trip. He loved to hang out with his friends, of course, and he was excited to hang out with Lemon, but he always felt a little awkward when he left his father alone at home. He felt a little nervous. He knew his father was, while still grieving, a smart man who would never do anything irresponsible or dramatic, but he couldn't help but worry. Still, he planned on leaving Anchor Bay eventually, anyway, so it was good practise.

He was a bit late to meet Lemon for... bowel reasons. Even then, he wasn't really in a rush - at least, he wasn't until he received various messages from other people asking him to keep an eye on his best friend. Reid was vague, as he always was, just saying to watch out for her. As if Levi needed to be told. And then there was Oliver, and Madi, and Levi had to wonder what was so serious about Lemon being a little drunk. The majority of people at their school were partiers, or would at least drink alcohol without hesitation, so he didn't see why Lemon should be treated differently.

He wasn't too worried about her, but he wanted to be with her, so he made his way up to Camp Tipacanoe with his bags packed and his dad's car. Upon arrival, he dropped his bags off were he was told to, and checked his phone for the directions on how to get to Lemon's supposed 'Secret Spot'. Once he was sure he knew where he was going, he was on his way, making sure nobody followed him since Lemon had been adamant about keeping it between the two of them.
code by valen t.

MOOD: wasted

OUTFIT: top - pants - shoes

basics
tags
TL;DR Artemis is struggling
tl;dr
artemis mercier
i don't wanna be myself, it's making me so unwell
(TW - mention of a deceased family member, discussions of grief)

Artemis relapsed.

He'd been doing well, actually. Really well, by his standards. He hadn't had a drink in a few months, even though some nights became so lonely that he found himself staring at the vodka bottle underneath the kitchen sink. But he never drank from it, never opened it. Until now. His day had been absolutely fine. He'd gone to work, he'd sold some books. Nothing out of the ordinary. He got home, and Carson asked him about something or other on some date so he checked the calendar and then... and then everything went downhill.

It was his brother's birthday today. Or it would have been, if he wasn't dead. But he was dead. Louis was dead, and Artemis was here, selling books at a goddamn bookstore. He didn't even think twice when he grabbed the vodka, nor when he opened it, nor when he took a swig. Then he decided that being drunk in his own apartment wasn't nearly as dramatic as he'd like it to be, so he got in his car and he drove up to the stupid camp that he was glad Carson and Astraea hadn't decided to go to. Not that they were with him - no, they'd gone to the beach. And sure, Artemis was invited, but he hated the beach. He hated most things. He hated himself for his hatred.

His parking was haphazard and borderline illegal, but he'd stumbled out of the car and just... kept walking. Drinking as he did. He'd found a pretty secluded area, so no one was bothering him. No one for him to embarrass himself in front of. He found a bench and laid himself on it. Got his phone out and caused some harm in the Twitter - something he would definitely regret when he was sober. He finished the bottle of vodka. He wished his brother was around. He wished he was dead.

Artemis curled up on the seat, resting his head on his folded arms. God, he was tired. Tired of being... around. Tired of life. Tired of being tired. He closed his eyes, only for them to snap open at the touch of a hand to his shoulder. He sat up suddenly, staring in the face of his attacker... who was actually just Hassim. Fuck, but he was hot. Artemis felt sick. "Hassim? I'm-" he'd been about to say he was fine, but his own words were cut off by retching as the contents of his stomach spilled out onto the grass.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Lusty

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

Levi/Rome LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki

Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

INT:

Frankie r e i r e i

Niila Myling Myling

tags
TL;DR: Frankie Time is interrupted by a booze-infused fruity friend 🍋
tl;dr
Claire Malkovich
Pull me closer if you think you can hang...
Claire smiled reading the text from Frankie before stuffing her phone back in her shorts pocket. Her wild, curly mane of cinnamon coils tied up into two fluffy pigtails, bouncing with her quick steps as she powerwalked towards the camp entrance to meet her friend as soon as he arrived.

It was lame, really, but Claire still enjoyed going to Camp Tipacanoe every year. It was just a fun time, plain and simple, even if Claire would never admit it. Plus you could always count on some pretty wild parties after dark. Even better still was being paired up with Frankie, her close friend and confidant (with benefits.)

Secretly, Claire was starting to catch feelings for the handsome and ridiculously charming Frankie Gomez. Not that that was unusual for Claire. For someone who slept around as much as she did, you'd think she'd develop some sort of callus around her heart by now for protection against such things.

What she had with Frankie though, Claire was convinced it was different from every other inconvenient crush she developed on a friend she just happened to be sleeping with. As close as she was with Zach, she was starting to think he was too in love with himself to ever love somebody else.

Frankie though, he was sweet, and showed her rare glimpses of his true heart and vulnerability under the cocky swagger and endless philandering. If she could only somehow break through the walls upon walls this boy had constructed around his heart, they might be able to actually be something. Deep down, however, Claire knew the chances of that were slim. That's why she never brought it up, telling herself she was content to just be Frankie's good friend and even better fuck buddy.

A bright smile crossed the girl's delicate features as Frankie called a flirtatious hello out to her, ambling her way. Claire sprung forth to gleefully hop into the boy's arms, melting into his warm, familiar embrace. "Hey, Frankie Cutie," She giggled, happy to use the nickname she'd lifted from that weird little Russian kid on Twitter. Planting an eager kiss upon Frankie's soft lips in greeting, she then went in for a deeper kiss and finished with a series of quick smooches, clearly reluctant to break their lip-lock.

Claire finally pulled back to smile at him, but to her annoyance, his attention was soon captured by someone behind her. When Frankie called out to his "little sister", Lemon, Claire couldn't help but roll her eyes. Her relationship with Lemon was...complicated on a good day, and all Claire wanted was to enjoy Frankie all to herself for the moment.

With a sharp sigh of aggrevation, Claire turned to give Lemon an icey smirk. "Oh, look it's the alky," She snickered, unable to resist poking fun at Lemon's recent request for help acquiring alcohol. "Wait, have you had a few already??" Claire asked quizzically, looking the petite blonde over. "Babydoll, it's not even lunchtime. Wow," Claire scoffed playfully, shaking her head.

Her attention fell to the dark-haired boy Lemon had introduced, apparently an exchange student from some country Claire immediately forgot right after being told. But the boy was cute, and a hell of a more welcome sight than Lemon's boring ass shadow, Levi, or her precious Little Max, so Claire offered him a mischievous smile. "Hey, Niila. Welcome to Tipacanoe. Hopefully Goldilocks here shared some of her booze with you. You're gonna need it," Claire teased before turning her attention back on Frankie. Grinning up at him, her glossy lips silently begged for more kisses as she rubbed her palms up his chest, letting them rest on his shoulders. Maybe some PDA will make the gawkers take the hint and get lost.
code by valen t.

Lemon Pierce

After being friends with Frankie for quite some time Lemon still wasn’t used to how protective he was and it wasn’t as if Niila was a bad person, Lemon would have been able to tell especially with how much they had talked before his arrival. Of course, she wished he would’ve been a little bit happier, but this was a new country where he literally had no friends. She felt as if Frankie wasn’t helping the situation and Claire…well Claire was being herself. With the complicated relationship she had with the girl it was hard to really see her as everyone else did. She shot a look towards Frankie, “Stop, be nice. Frankie is my friend he’s just protective of me. I promise he’s really cool once you get to know him.”

Lemon kept checking her phone waiting for Levi to let her know he had arrived. Claire’s words had gone in one ear and out the other, but not enough for Lemon to not have heard what the girl said, “Shut up, Claire. I don’t need your attitude. Sorry I haven’t made time in my schedule to let you attempt to fool around with me. Just not that interested.” Lemon could only shrug. At one point she had really loved Claire. They had been almost inseparable as kids, but middle school came and sometime around then things had changed. Now, they were in a weird place where neither was really nice to each other, and Lemon didn’t want to mend what Claire had broken after framing Lemon for vandalizing the school lockers. Lemon had given up hope of them ever reconciling, but she needed Claire to leave Max alone and she would say anything to convince Claire to leave her friends alone.

Finally, the message arrived on Lemon’s phone, “I would love to stay but I have plans. Niila, I’m sorry. I promise you’re in great hands with Frankie…Claire kind of.” Lemon backed away from the group and made her way to her secret location. The spot was beautiful, secluded, and the only reason Lemon knew about it was because she had gotten distracted during a hike one year and this was now her place. No one else ever appeared so she decided it was a great place for her to talk with Levi.

As she made her way through the clearing there, she saw her best friend, the one person who didn’t make her feel so alone in this world. The person who didn’t make her feel bad about her choices or her problems. Someone who was willing to have patience with her while she herself tried to figure things out. “Hey!” she yelled at him. Once she was close enough, she let herself hug him, “Welcome to my favorite place. I love the water. It’s great for swimming and the weather is nice enough for it today.” A smile was on her face as she pulled Levi towards the edge of the water. Of course, Lemon was prepared and had her swimwear on under clothes, and quickly made her way to the water. “We can talk and swim.” She could only hope that Levi was okay with her plans to swim. It was one way where she could feel a little less confined when talking, and what she needed to talk about was more than she could handle by just sitting with him.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki Qwertycakes Qwertycakes r e i r e i Myling Myling

Madeleine Lexington-Montgomery
Madi Gif 260.gif

Her hand twisted delicately in the light that dappled through the tree line as she watched the golden rays dance across her skin. It was always so beautiful out here at camp and spending it with friends just made it even better. Lowering her hand, Madeleine turned to look at her friends at the lake's edge; Oli looking for turtles while Jacob photographed an effortlessly beautiful Tabs. These were the kind of moments she wished she could freeze in her mind forever, a perfect moment, protected. But she couldn't do that. So instead she slipped her instax out of her messenger bag and snapped a quick candid of her friends as they were, the closest she could get to preserving the memory.

Jacob falling snapped Madi back into reality as she sped over to check he was okay. Thankfully he seemed to be which reduced the number of people she was worrying about back down to just Oli. Lemon drinking was not something she had an issue with or was worried about. What was concerning her was how it seemed to be affecting Oli. Her turtle loving friend could be a bit fragile at times and all she wanted to do was protects him, like she wanted for all her other friends. She just wanted everyone to be happy really, always had and probably always will.

"I think that's a good idea to try Jacob" she backed her friend up with a soft smile. "Plus it's a bit shadier here than it is further down." Madeleine really hoped that they would find some turtles, or at least a singular turtle. Partly because she wanted to see one but mainly because she wanted her friends to be happy and she knew how much Oli wanted to find a turtle. For Madi it wasn't always about what she was doing more who she was doing it with. Honestly if she was with the right people, the girl would probably enjoy cleaning out a dumpster.

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle (Jacob) Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oli) Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Tabitha)
Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Lemon)​

MOOD: Cornered

OUTFIT:
Poor Boy's Gonna Overheat

basics
MENTIONS:
Tabitha Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Madi LittleWolfie LittleWolfie
Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

INT:

tags
TL;DR yet again, Oliver is trying to avoid an intoxicated friend. Lemon isn't even drunk, but he doesn't know that.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Painted Turtle,
Box Turtle,
Snapping Turtle,
Red-eared Slider…

Oliver kept methodically folding and unfolding the small paper guide to local Massachusetts freshwater turtles that he'd made for each of his friends. He didn’t seem to want to speak or even move, aside from nervously dragging his hands up and down his arms. Every few seconds he would glance over his shoulder, tensing back as if ready to strike. He stuck close to his little group, keeping eyes on them, watching them move around the river banks.

When Jacob fell taking pictures of Tabitha, even though the taller boy was laughing and unhurt, Oliver flinched and instinctively took a step forward, not offering a hand but eying him carefully to make sure he hadn't been injured. Even after it was clear all was well, he still looked all the more startled and on edge.

Mid-day, sunny and warm. The painted turtles and sliders would come up from the lake to bask on the rocks. Snapping turtles might still be deeper out, they might not see any. Box turtles would be in the woods by the water, building their forms for the night. Wood turtles also spend their time on the land…

Oliver was firmly stuck in his head, thinking more than he was looking. Instead of studying the rocks above the water like he had been a few minutes ago, he seemed unable to focus.

Oliver wasn't afraid of Lemon. Lemon was a friend, someone who he knew would listen and be kind. Someone he trusted.
But this wasn't Lemon. This was someone else now. For today, it would be as if he didn't know her. In his eyes, anyone who was drinking was only danger, until they sobered up. Then he'd go back to normal as if nothing had happened, but always with the apprehension that they might lose themselves again.
Oliver had been through this with Dustin just last week. He'd never mentioned it again, seeming comfortable as always around Dustin. He didn't sleep as well at night anymore, but he'd hardly noticed being more tired than usual. Oliver was slow to pick up on how to describe what he was feeling
But even the smell of alcohol felt like cold hands around his neck, over his mouth...

He shuddered, flicking the side of his head as if that would shake the thought out of his brain. Lemon wasn't even here; she was with someone else. But the thing about the other drinking people he knew was that he could usually predict where they would be and where he could hide away. The woods were all one place to him, suddenly feeling so small that even the farthest point seemed like it could be right behind him. He had no way of knowing what waited in any direction, and that made it all the more disorienting. Usually he liked the woods. He liked the quiet, and the shade of the trees, the lakes and rivers and creeks. The bugs flying around were unsettling, but he could usually manage it. The rest of it was calm and empty and still.
Now it felt like being in a locked room with a rabid animal.

code by valen t.

MOOD: uh-

OUTFIT: - here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

The end justifies the means.

Whether that was a fallen truth or a believable lie, their wet footprints prattled across the mud-planted mélange of rocky pebbles. Valiantly opposite from where the brightest verdancy of the forest flourished and ripened, the cool lake flanked them waist deep. On the look of summer, in the iridescence of the reflecting jade water, his svelte body reinforced by his steady legs, skidded even deeper. The water was fast to react or seems as much; it ebbed lime and flowed grape, traversing further up his spine line. In the same manner and time, a blade of grass felt all the wind. By and large, it was how the forest’s vim that mended his heart light. Soundlessly delicate, that present reality for Zachary Lee, was sheltered within the grasp of two things: the zipping dragonflies that tailgated the lake and Harper Anderson. His hand marginally went up to sort out his marigold hair in the warm scene as he gave her his customary ordinary smile.

“Haah-” He blithely tipped back into the water like it was his bed, straining his eyes to the blaring sun, “You know me too good. That never ends well, Anderson.”

The things he said at that moment were one-way as bird sounds are to people, regular but arcane.

Incidentally, he was at a loss. Harper and him were physically out swimming at the camp lake even though it wasn’t long before their posted assignments started. Defying was his rationality, not Harper Anderson’s. Nevertheless, Max Berkowitz was not the man of the minute even if he was his wrecking match. Simply, he was unbothered.

Without looking at her, jeoparidizing the extended branches of the canopies with the figments of his eyes that had become ungodly tricky, he alleviated the weight of those words with a layered diversion, “You know what a doctor would call that?”

For rather undefinable reasons, he would’ve rather her think of him as an empty-headed fool as she always did.

“O. Z. D,” his lips promulgated on each opulent letter, “Obsessive Zach Disorder. Should I check how bad you’re suffering from OZD-”

Asudden, he was no longer gently backstroking, but had returned his feet vertically. Feeling a rise within him, he threw her a splash of water to thinning out her quick spark of rebuttal, “What was that? I couldn’t hear you.”

When she splashed him back, he was dripping from his forehead, driplets of lakwater liquescently racing down his cheekbones and dipping into where a piratical smile curled at his mouth. Brambling out his arm, he put the back of his palm against her forehead.

“Cold,” he concluded, but his tongue hooked back on his teeth swiftly when he thought to reconsider.

“But, I’ll pretend you’re burning anyways.”

It was that scarce of a second that the night from the festival came back to him. Lift and stain, the paintbrush daubed purple paint on the chambers under her eyes. Starting forward, his hand grasped under her chin, and he had confessed he preferred her closer, somewhere where her crow eyes, no raven, could flock and witness his application. The first line embraced her soft forehead, impreishably lining out a half-orbital shape of a jellyfish. Woven threads of the brush smeared, cold and soft on her silk skin. And his fingers, dangling on her moonlight cliff of her jaw, reshaped minuscuely so certain to graze her lips.

“A dick it is,” he lied because his heart abnormally thumped. Switching the thistles of the brush to blue, he began curvy lines over the lids of her eyes, slipping thickly over her ovular cheeks.

The proximity persuaded him that he was heartsick. He was subjugated under the inferior ticks of her lips, the respirations of both of their languid breathing, while their eyes kept apathetically discovering each other like cave and cove.

“Before you wipe it off because you think it’s a dick,” he resumed after solid concentration, he scavenged the nearby art station till he found a hand mirror. He gyrated it towards her.

“It’s-” He scowled at the end result which didn’t live up it’s peak of expectation, “a.. jellyfish.”

“They don’t have brains, but they live long, and sting people,” he said the latter too quickly for Zachary Lee had personally given up on the experience of hoping, “I hope one day you’ll live just as carelessly.”

Apathetically, he had forgotten when he was wih her that he was very much Zachary Lee.
Envy.
Wrath.
Gluttony.
Lust.
Sloth.
And, most definitely greed.

But what could he say… there was no denying it now.

Zachary Lee wasn’t heartsick; he checked that night and he checked again today.

He didn’t want her to catch his heartbeat, he wanted her to run with it.

He liked Harper Anderson.

code by valen t.

-
MOOD: Playful

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/23b7RYh/057-ED09-C-8-B4-B-4779-B0-E9-278-C7-CB60707.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR The gremlins discuss the possibility of Ashley hoe-ing it out
tl;dr
Ashley Park
I can feel us slip away, you're almost gone

''Dude.......that sucks. If only there was a way we could get wasted without the bottle.'' Ashley sighed dramatically, while simultaneously pulling her own tumbler of coke infused cheap vodka. ''Guess we'll just have to make do with other shit. Like water or sucking helium from ballons.''

''Want a sip?''
She questioned, although she took a swig before Ivy even got the chance to answer. If she'd really wanted it then she would've grabbed it from Ashley's arms like she had done to Ivy at that fair. So that gave Ashley complete license to hog the drink. In fact Ivy was practically begging her to do so.

She really was excited to get the party started. Ivy was a fun drinking buddy since both of them always talked as if they were drunk anyway. And the absolute best part? Ivy didn't pick her up and hug her when drunk like a certain mophead did. In fact Ivy didn't do anything like Dustin did. That was why she liked her so much.

''Do you think we'll run into a bear here?''Ash pondered aloud. ''It would be awesome to meet a bear. Flirt a little. Bone the bear. Get pregnant by the bear like in mythology and then create a labyrinth where I can feed teens to my human/bear hybrid baby.''

With that statement Ashley chuckled/snorted. Alcohol made her laugh revert back to it's natural honking state after years of trying to make it sound more ladylike. But honestly who gave a damn? It's not like Ivy was the Queen of England or anything that would require some poshness. So if she wanted to snort then you could bet your ass she would snort.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Go crazy go stupid

OUTFIT: Get it!?!? In-TENTS

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
TL;DR Ivy and Ashley bond over underage drinking yet again.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

After nodding along sagely to Ivy's woes, Ashley produced her own tumbler. There was a moment in which Ivy was pretty sure it was going to be boring baby water, but the quick wrinkle of Ashley's nose when she took in a sip told Ivy everything she needed to know about its contents.

"OOH! Gimme gimme gimme--" Ivy crowed, stretching her hands out like a toddler reaching for a new toy. As soon as the bottle left Ashley's lips, Ivy pulled it in and tossed back a shot or two, not bothering to clean off the rim of the bottle opening-- germs? Who cares, right? They were all probably going to get Lyme or Malaria or Dengue Fever on this trip anyway. what with all the bugs flying around and crawling over every surface. Every sip of water probably had a few zillion insect larvae floating in it. So really, it was way better that they were drinking good clean vodka.

Satisfied, breathing out slowly as if in a meditative state, Ivy passed back the tumbler and listened to Ashley's musings while she waited for her drink to kick into her bloodstream.

''It would be awesome to meet a bear. Flirt a little. Bone the bear. Get pregnant by the bear like in mythology and then create a labyrinth where I can feed teens to my human/bear hybrid baby.''

Ivy snickered, rolling over on the floor so that her legs were curled up to her chest. "Okay okay, I see where this is going. But are we talking like Theseus labyrinth or like David Bowie Labyrinth, because like... mutant bear child is one thing, but mutant bear child in a corset and leather pants with his shirt all the way open, like... that's where it's at. That's how you lure in the stupid kids." Already impatient for the buzz to hit, she thrust out her hand for another swig of spiked Diet Coke. Ivy sometimes wondered how Diet Coke came to be... people so desperately needed carbonated beverages in their lives that they'd put up with aspartame rather than cut their precious fizzy calorie juice from their diets? An interesting phenomenon of human nature, she thought. Aspartame was sort of a stain on culinary invention.

But if it brought friends together for one more merry afternoon of tomfoolery, what bad could it be?

Ashley's laugh got a laugh out of Ivy, who in turn tried unsuccessfully to imitate Ashley's snort, only managing to produce a sound something similar to a choking parrot. "Hang on Ashley, you gotta do that again!" Ivy whipped her phone out, rushing for the camera and hitting record. "One more time with feeling! ACTION."

code by valen t.

Carson Hughes

Carson should be used to Astraea asking her for favors when out and about but sometimes her friend gave her opportunities to have fun. As she looked at her friend, she thought about messing with her when it came to helping with the application of sunscreen, but then again this was supposed to be a fun day. Carson took a breath before she reached over her friend and grabbed the sunscreen. “You know Astra, this could lead to more fun if you were attracted to me.” She started, “But you’re not so I’ll keep it boring.” Carson squeezed the lotion from the container and let the lotion fall upon Astraea’s back. Once there was enough, she began rubbing it in, “I’m interested in Hassim. He’s cute, seems nice, not what I’m used to but he doesn’t really seem interested in me. Honestly going back to Thad would be easier. He’s not that bad.” Carson tried to convince herself more than Astra because she was feeling a little lonely as of recently. Sure, she was spending time with her friends but she at times wished for a deeper connection.

Once Carson finished applying, she went back to relaxing in the sun, “Is there anyone you’re attracted to? I know we don’t talk about your attractions. It’s okay if you haven’t. The options in this town are slim.” Carson knew the options and she was planning on hooking up with as many of them as possible. Her plans with Alexei were for tomorrow but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t send him some pictures to keep his imagination going. Plus, she had to settle the Liz issue. The girl was coming to Anchor Bay and Carson had always assumed that Liz liked her but the fact that it was confirmed made it difficult for her. Sure, Liz was a cute girl, but Carson couldn’t begin to think of Liz like that. She loved Liz, but to ever subject the girl to her problems while she was healing didn’t seem right. Plus, the way Isa spoke with her, that was the path and Carson couldn’t get in the way of blossoming romance. She wasn’t one to hold down a relationship. She was toxic and she knew this.

It’s why she couldn’t let herself like anyone that was good for her. Thad was terrible but so was she, and her worth was someone as toxic as herself. Astraea was cute, but she was too innocent, Hassim seemed like her lost cause, there was Dex the guy she flirted with occasionally, usually after a fight with Thad, and Alexei was in love with Jo. So, Carson knew her options and she didn’t mind. It was easier to stay toxic than to grow in this case. Even if she wanted to change she wouldn’t have known where to begin.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

MOOD: worried; nervous

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)

tags
TL;DR
He was supposed to be a counselor....
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself
Hassim didn't know that his day was going to end up like this. With Artemis's vomit barely missing the top of his shoes. The look on Hassim's face was one of concern and he knew that he couldn't call someone else to come get Artemis. This was his friend now too and Hassim would remain worried about what happened to Artemis if he stayed at the camp.

That's when he makes the decision. He pockets his phone and looks at Artemis. Thinking of a plan. He should just take him back home. He glances around the smaller frame of Artemis hoping to spot his keys or something, he had to have them here somewhere. Artemis leans back against the bench and scrolls on his phone, almost as if he'd forgotten that he'd thrown up. From what Hassim's already seen from Twitter earlier, Artemis should not be on the phone when he is drunk. The lifeguard glances on the screen and notices the drunk ramblings that he's having with Carson and other Twitter users. Hassim responds a little bit too, but when he makes the decision to take Artie's phone, the bookstore employee dodges him and tries to make a run for it, but doubles over in sickness again without making it too far.

Okay, Artemis, I'm gonna take you home. Hassim announces on Twitter that he has to leave early and logs off, not concerned on what anyone had to say. His hand is softly on Artemis's back as a way to not lose him. Let's go Artemis. But they only make it a few steps before Artemis is struggling with his stomach pains and walking, so Hassim decided to carry the drunk man. Artemis was on the lighter side so the lifeguard didn't have trouble tossing him over his shoulder and walking towards the only parking lot he knew of. The now former camp counselor is glad that he decided to drive his Nissan and not his bike since he couldn't spot Artemis's vehicle in the current parking lot that they were in. Good luck to sober Artemis on finding those keys. The only way that that predicament bit Hassim in the ass was that he had to take Artemis to his apartment.

The thought nearly halts his movements, but the grumbling Artemis acts as a reminder that his friend needed some help. He softly lays his companion in the passenger seat and buckles him up, softly closing the door so to not have him startled. Before walking over to the driver's seat, Hassim looks at Artemis through the glass, the sight pulling at his heart strings and an overwhelming rush of feelings drowning him. He'd never seen his new friend like this and it demolished him. Hopefully Hassim was worthy enough to act as a listener to Artemis's problem, but for now he wouldn't worry about it.

The drive to his apartment is not long, his Nissan Sentra quickly inhabiting his assigned parking next to his motorcycle. Hassim sits in the car with Artemis for a bit longer than needed. There he decided to send a quick text to Juno letting him know that he had left for the day. He had also sent a text to another new friend, Liv, to possibly cover for him, since Winnie said her Aunt was willing to. What he was really doing was stalling, Hassim was anxious to bring another person into the four walls of his space. But he had to do it. For Artemis. Alright, it's not a problem. You're drunk anyways you won't remember my shitty little apartment. So let's go I guess.

Hassim could be considered strong, but with three flights of stairs and carrying the near dead weight of Artemis, he had concluded that he was a little tired. But finally, there they stood in the threshold of Hassim's apartment, boxes littering the floor, the couch dawning a sleeping Mack, and the light of the sun peering in through the windows – the beach a view to both of the men's eyes. He'd let Artemis stay here until he felt better and then he'd quickly get him out of his apartment until he was ready to let him back in. This wasn't how I wanted you to see my apartment. But, um, welcome.

code by valen t.

MOOD: at home

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

lion. lion. (@Zach)
tags
TL;DR accomplice to stealing facepaint
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

Camp had become a constant part to Harper’s summer. Late nights watching the sunset, after all the campers had gone to bed. And early morning swims to get the blood flowing through her before they began to serve breakfast.

Before she had even become a counselor, Harper and Hayden usually spent a week or two at the sleep away summer camp Tipacanoe. It was a piece of stability that Harper had always had, that she relied on especially after her mother died. A part of her didn’t want to ever go again, but Hayden convinced her to, it would have been their last year together as campers. Before Harper aged out, he wanted to spend it with her like this, like they were still kids. One last time, like they hadn’t just lost a big chunk of them.

One last time as kids.

She wasn’t sure when her summer camp routines had started to include Zach, but she figured it was right around the time senior counselors became sick of him goofing off and figured that Harper. The quite counselor, the one who sat there and got her work done, would do him some good.

Unfortunately for the counselors, that plan all but backfired. Harper quickly got sick of his company, telling him she’d do all the work if he would just leave her alone.

He didn’t, he continued to bug her, push those buttons. Look for some kind of reaction, and still left her doing 90% of the work. She still wasn’t sure how they ever got past that and became friends.

---​

Harper ran straight into the water as they reached the surf, diving in she took of swimming. The feeling of the fresh lake revitalized her, she felt like a new person as she came up out of the water, hair clinging to her face and shoulders. She could only smirk shaking her head at the boy standing in front of her. “Do I?” She pricked an eyebrow, falling backwards to float on her back.

Her arms flew overhead as she took a few strokes further out into the water. Something about being in the water made her feel like she was a kid again.

It probably had something to do with swearing her mother was a mermaid when she was four, that women was the strongest swimmer Harper had ever met. She was always drawn to the beach like there was no other options. Harper had inherited that trait. Though, she may have forced it onto herself just because it always made her feel closer to her mom.

“Yea, I think the only one with OZD is you.” She rolled her eyes as she dunked her head under the water again. “Maybe you should ask your dad to diagnose you, if he hasn’t already.” She tucked her hair behind her ears, letting a small chuckle fall out of her lips. “Or have you just refused to accept such terri-“ She was cut off as water came flying through the air, she turned her head away, holding up her hands in defense. As if that would do anything.

“Rude!” She laughed as she splashed him back.

Harper did anything to show that she was in fact, not caught off guard by Zach suddenly reaching forward to feel her forehead with the back of his hand. “Comes from my heart.” She shrugged as Zach pulled his hand away.

“Zach?” Harper said when he didn’t respond. “You good in there? Did the hamster need a break?” She smiled softly. “Come on, we better get going.” Harper touched his forearm as she waded out of the water.

Grabbing her towel that she left on the bench at the far edge of the beach, wrapping it around her torso.

“I’ll meet you over by the trails head, our groups are doing a leaded trail hike.” Harper twisted her hair up into a bun. “I just want to shower first.” She began to walk away, grabbing her shoes as the pine needles stuck to the bottoms of her wet feet.

“Don’t you dare say something stupid.” She turned around once again, in an attempt to stop Zach in his tracks from saying one of his signature sexual innuendos, that he couldn’t ever stop himself from sharing.

But he didn’t and Harper marched up the hill without another word from Zach.

----​
code by valen t.

MOOD: a little zooted, but okay

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
@me (Hassim)

INT:

* open *
tags
TL;DR

seriously though, why tipacanoe? can you tell that i was high a few hours ago?

tl;dr
Liv Matthews
pour yourself a glass, you deserve it
In the time that her older brother had resided in Anchor Bay, Liv always made the effort to visit. So she was familiar with the town, but had made no strong connections except for Isa. But Isa was a child, one that Liv had taken under her wing and now forced to live in her basement. What Liv needed was adult friends, friends that could drink and smoke with her. Adults that weren't her adoring husband or her stressed out sister in law. She had met Hassim, but he was always busy with something else and didn't seem like someone that would drink with her.

She had to find someone fast, her husband's hours were only going to get longer this summer and she was barely going to see him. If she stayed isolated within her home for a majority of that time she would go crazy. Winnie had tried to help her branch out, signing her up as a backup supervising counselor for the camping trip both her and her twin brother were going to attend. Liv didn't really like the outdoors, but Winnie assured her that she probably wouldn't be called to cover someone so Liv made the mistake of letting her niece sign her up. She was so sure that she wasn't going to be called in that Liv decided to spend the morning with Nolan while having minimal capacity of herself.

Olivia didn't fully understand why her partner loved her, she was a chaotic and loud bean of a human that partied like she had no responsibilities. Nolan was a lot more refined, quiet, and responsible. He found them the house that they were living in now, he handled the finances when she got drowned by her own work, he was the one to carry her over his shoulder when she got a little out of it at a party. He was perfect, hence why she always got jealous and protective when others flirted with him despite the young couple having an open relationship. They understood that they got married young and that there were experiences that they still haven't encountered, but they didn't want to lose each other. So they were in an open marriage, a few rules were set, and if either wanted to become exclusive all they had to do was say the word. Liv liked the arrangement, it allowed her to be the free spirit she always was, but it kept her abandonment issues in check. She wasn't going to lose this man, not like she lost the others.

By the time she had received the text from Hassim, she hadn't been smoking or drinking for a few hours, the effects wearing off and Liv slowly returning to the land of the functional. The message however helped her sober completely up and reevaluate her life (and her relationship to Winona). The designer could practically hear her husband encouraging her to go out, supervise some kids, make friends with the other supervisors. This is what she wanted so she couldn't really complain, she was going to do this. Her movements are quick across the master bedroom as she throws on some outfit that would allow her to survive the subtle heat of Massachusetts.

-​

The sight of the camp doesn't really impress her, it reminds her of the summer camp her mother used to force her and her own siblings to go to when they were younger. All she hoped was that the kids here remained as entertaining as they were on Twitter. She leaves her car and makes way towards what she assumed was the main cabin, hopefully someone will notice her presence and will direct her to go somewhere. For now, she'll just take small sips of whiskey from her bedazzled flask.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

scroll

angry puppy

Niila.

mood

Still uninterested + getting annoyed

outfit

forest campgrounds

interactions

Lemon, Frankie, Claire > Chance (+ the others)

I knew, I wouldn’t get along with him!
Niila started to feel the need to get out of the group and fast. His gut feeling seemed to be right: he and Frankie would start hating each other, if they already didn’t. Frankie seemed like this cocky jock type of character who was full of himself. In finnish one would call a guy like that a ‘kusipää’. And Claire didn’t seem any better, Niila started to realize the reason for Lemon’s tone when she had introduced him to her. If Frankie was this unpleasant Jock, was Claire a bad bitch.. and by bad bitch Niila meant a attention hungry dumbass who thought of herself being so different and badass because of acting a little rude. The finnish word “ämmä” or “lehmä” would suit her perfectly. Maybe niila should teach those words to them and lie about the meaning. That would indeed be fun.

Frankie’s voice is warm when he calls Lemon his baby baby sister, but for only Lemon.. and maybe for Claire too. However when the guy dedicates his speech to Niila, his voice is all but warm. Niila realized that they weren't an actual pair of siblings, but rather had a sibling-like relationship. The Finn really wanted to say something along the lines: ‘Oh I see good looks and manners don't run in the family’ or ‘kinda fun how siblings can be so different: one a sweetheart and the other one an ass.’ However Niila didn’t do that, but listened to what the guy had to say.

He wasn’t saying a lot, but even the little questions felt uncomfortable. He wasn’t asking because of actually being interested and that made it uninteresting for Niila to answer. Lemon on the other hand was assuring Niila about Frankie being cool once he got to know him. Yeah, sure… Instead Niila decided to just answer with a maximum of two words. So when Frankie asked about his country Niila simply said “Finland” then when Frankie asked about niila doing sport, he just answered: “Mostly soccer.” The Finn never spoke a lot, but this.. this was something he was doing on purpose.

Besides the cold tone, Frankie was constantly mispronouncing Niila’s name, and that was something that pissed him off. Sure it was an foreign name, Finnish one to be exact, and Finnish names tend to be difficult for foreigners.. but really? It was such an easy name. Niila Ahonen: not something like Väinö Räikkönen. It didn’t have any difficult letters or such. It should be easy enough even for a dumb American. Frankie did mispronounce his name on purpose, that had to be it. Frankie was waiting for Niila to get mad and start explaining furiously how his name was actually pronounced. It would make him seem super impolite, since the others didn’t seem to notice the mispronunciation of his name. Niila tried his best to keep his calm and just focus on shouting finnish curse words in his mind.

Niila had mostly ignored Claire, who seemed to just tease Lemon.. about being an alcoholic? Niila could see this being a teasing but still friendly interaction between close friends, heck, even he and his friends did that. But the girls didn’t seem to have anything that connected them. And that was good, since Claire seemed like a bitch. Niila wanted to stand up for lemon, but he didn’t know how, so he just stood in his place quietly. For once Claire got Niila’s attention by welcoming him, and mocking lemon by the same sentence. Claire hoped Lemon gave him some booze, he would need it. Niila just rolled his eyes at the words. Then the girl started to snuggle against Frankie. Now Niila really wanted to leave, instead it was Lemon who left. Apparently Niila was in good hands with Frankie... “This was a memorable first meeting for sure.” Niila said with a blank face. “Hope to see you later- or not.” He then added and started walking away.

While walking he noticed someone familiar.. well maybe familiar was the wrong choice of word. Niila only had seen Chance’s pics on Instagram and talked to him couple times via twitter. Despite never really meeting him, Niila was sure he would be better company than those two had been, so he started to jog towards the guy. “Heey, what's up?” The Finn said once he reached him. Niila was in such a hurry to get away from Frankie and Claire, that he didn’t first notice all the people hanging with Chance.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
MOOD: Randy

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

INT:
Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

tags
TL;DR: Dustin must have attention from his girlfriend, even if it means being a deadbeat camp counselor
tl;dr
Dustin Thackery
I'm thinking it's a sign
that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images
and when we kiss, they're perfectly aligned
Camp Tipacanoe sure hit different this year.

It was the first year Dustin was a junior counselor instead of a camper. That meant he'd be put to work instead of goofing off with Ashley all summer. Dustin wondered what she was off doing right now, while he was slaving away. Probably drunk with Ivy by 10am, running her mouth about how stupid and boring the whole camp was. Just the thought of day-drinking made Dustin cringe, as he was of course reminded of the debacle last week, getting trashed in the middle of the day at the street fair and making a total ass of himself in front of his friends and girlfriend.

Why did he even feel the need to down that ungodly concoction of Ivy's? To impress Ashley? To prove something to her? As Ashley helpfully reminded him just that very day on Twitter, she's not his girlfriend. He really had to stop worrying what Ashley thought. She'd make fun of him either way, and the chances of Dustin, of all people, impressing Ms. Above-It-All were virtually nil.

That night and it's aftermath...it wasn't all bad, however. After his girlfriend's reaction to his drunken shenanigans, not to mention Faith chewing him out over how much it could have potentially hurt her, a panicked Dustin went to Winnie's to apologize, flowers in hand. She opened up to him about why she'd been so bothered, reminding him of her history with drunk people, that she didn't want him to get hurt. That she didn't want to stop him from having fun, as long as he was being responsible. As bad of a fuck-up as Dustin had thought he made, the couple actually ended up much closer for it. So close that Dustin cashed in his V-Card to Nona that night.

Which led to Dustin's current predicament. Since that amazing night with Winnie, Dustin couldn't stop thinking about jumping into bed with his ridiculously hot girlfriend 24/7. He could barely focus on anything else of actual interest to him, let alone tedious stuff like watching little ones make popsicle stick houses and macaroni art. One could see how this camp counselor crap threw a major wrench into his...plans.

It was this relentless urge that drove him to go seek out Winnie when he knew she had some downtime, even though he would be expected soon by his partner, Mariah, for more counselor duties. Surely she could keep an eye on things if he showed up five minutes late?

Luckily, he managed to find her fairly quickly, hanging around near her tent. Dustin watched from a distance as the tall, lithe girl gracefully held her phone up over her head and stared at it thoughtully, pacing a bit as if trying to get a signal. A mischievous grin played across his face, happy to take advantage of her distracted state to sneak up on his unsuspecting girlfriend.

He crept up behind her as quietly as he could manage, and with a playful "Hey!" grabbed Nona by the waist, tickling her until she whirled around to face him. "Nono!" Dustin snickered, pleased with himself that he appeared to have suprised her. "Bahahaa, got you," He teased, pulling her into his arms and planting the most loving kiss upon her lips after being denied the opportunity to do so for such a long, grueling time (the last couple of hours.)
code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back