• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Meh

OUTFIT:Vneck and jeans

basics
MENTIONS:
NA

INT:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie (@Chance)
r e i r e i (@isa)
tags
TL;DR meeting new friends ;)
tl;dr
Reid Callaway
never admit when you're wrong

Reid sighed as Chance pulled Isa away from him once again. "I find it hard to believe this guy is any fun." Reid crossed his arms on his chest. It was just another person that didn't want to trust him. For entirely no reason. The whole town had made a judgement on him from the moment he stepped into town. Everyone wanted to protect Lemon, even when he never did anything to her.

No one knew their story, but yet they kept making assumptions. Making assumptions that Reid was this horrible person. Someone who had an alliterative motive, and was here just because he wanted to torment Lemon further.

Reid couldn't keep letting people treat him that way, he couldn't keep allowing himself to regret the past. The decisions he made to get him to where he was. He knew that he would do it all again if he had to. He shook the thoughts from his head. He was here for a distraction, and he had two rather attractive ones in front of him.

"Funnel cake." He let the words flow off of his tongue slowly, he raised one eyebrow. "So that's why you're so angry?" Reid let out a little chuckle, he wasn't sure that Chance was the right type of person to make that kind of joke with. But he hoped that maybe Chance would at least relax a little so that the three of them could have a decent time.

If he was fighting over who got to be 'Isa's guy' the entire time, no one was going to have a good time. "Maybe you need to start with some bud first. Chill out a bit." He nudged the boy with his elbow as he followed after him and Isa to find the funnel cake.
code by valen t.

MOOD: happy that school is out

OUTFIT: white teeshirt and khaki shorts

basics
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Jacob Morass
when you are kind to others, it not only changes you, but the world.
"The gang is all here!" Jacob announced as Tabitha and Dustin showed up. Granted, they weren't really a gang, this group was pretty random for what it was. They all ranged from sophomores all the way to soon to be seniors. "How's the fair been so far Dustin?" Jacob asked, Dustin seemed off to Jacob, but he wasn't entirely sure why. He was always affectionate with Winona, but now he seemed to be overly affectionate.

Jacob leaned over towards Oliver to ask him what he thought might be going on with Dustin, only to be met by Oliver having moved much closer to Jacob, almost as if he was hiding behind him. "Oli, are you okay?" Jacob asked with a bit of concern in his voice. He thought that this behavior was rather weird for Oliver, as usually the boy tried to stay far away from others. Even his close friends.

"We were just about to go get something sweet, did you guys want to come with?" Jacob decided to try and bring the subject back to the plan at hand, though it had continued to get more chaotic as more people began to join their group.

The two girls who seemed to have followed Dustin over to their group, Jacob didn't know of either very well. He was pretty sure that they were in the grade below him though. "Hi! I'm Jacob." He announced. "You two are going into freshman year, right?" He tried to distract himself from the love fest going on right in front of them, Dustin and Winona had to be in love, that was what love looked like right? When you couldn't get your hands off of each other? Jacob really didn't know. His mom and dad had gotten divorced when he was young, and he barely knew his step father, they had just moved in their family, and Jacob never saw his mother with him. But, maybe she was just not affectionate the way Dustin was, he always was hugging everyone, so maybe it wasn't as big of a deal to others to be so affectionate.

When Oliver could only shrug at Jacobs question, he turned to someone he believed to be more experienced than the two of them. I mean, Tabitha was going into Senior year, she had to know what was actually going on. "Hey Tabs" Jacob smiled brightly. He didn't know her very well, but they had always been friendly at the extracurriculars that school offered. "Is Dustin being extra.... weird to you?"

Of course though the boy got distracted as he noticed that her partner in crime happened to be missing. "Wait, where's Mariah?" They were basically joined at the hip most of the time. He looked around the surrounding group to make sure that he hadn't missed the girl entirely.
code by valen t.

MOOD: excited, teasing

OUTFIT: - here

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle
tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Zachary Lee
Surf's up.

Max Berkowtiz.

She must like him a lot.

Aslanting his head, he didn’t expect Harper Anderson’s gaze on him. He knew he was handsome. The pinnate leaves followed them through the seasons, no matter how far away the trees were. Unimportant it was how sightless they were from being forest-trained because when he glanced down, there they were: two scarce at their feet. Today, they were dark-green, stepped on like crumpled money and if that were money he couldn’t compare what a waste they would be if they were his life. Stubbed between the sidewalk and creased beneath their shoes with scars that expanded from the stems, why did they follow them? When he glanced back up, the hour-lines of the sun were warm on her forehead, and it was by these meaningless things, he was left moveless with the boat-house colors and the crowds carrying on. And it is this: the impulse to have her continue staring at him half in scorn and half spurned in knowing patience that led him to say the next couple words.

“No, you can have fun with most places and most people,” he changed his mind from agreeing with her, “I wasn’t lying in the car. I’m here to make you realize-” He took a contemplative pause.

To make me realize.

“I matter to you more than you think.”

You matter to me more than I think.

He could hear the water by his side, on his side.

He was not slighted from this newer nobler confidence crackling with something akin to adrenaline on water. And, he knew he wasn’t on the water. It was merely beside him, invisible silver silkening the overlapping tides. Therefore, it was not some shadow of a distractive emotion, but had an originality that remotely touched his grin. Whether it was right or wrong, it was there.

Max’s prompt words lingered.

Or is this just another one of your things.

It could’ve been. Maybe today’s efforts were so he could check. It was damned on both sides for even if it was, he was powerless to his class of selfishness.

Then, the moment passed, and while his words were fadeless, he tossed a loose arm around her shoulder, curling her fiendishly inwards towards his chest.

“Let’s get your face a whole face of clown makeup,” he evilly joked, “Or something nice so you can give Max cardiac arrest if you see him.”

Strolling towards the face paint station was more of a shamble with Zach’s arm still humorously foxed around her shoulders. It didn’t take more than a nick of time for them to chance upon a setback by a banner stand that marked out in elephantine font, “On Lunch. Will Return Soon.” Zach walked into the tent aware of it, kicking the rubble and aimlessly picking up paints. He turned a particular nearby brush this way and that before corruptly turning around to Harper like a thief who wanted to be caught red-handed. He estimated, “We have about give or take fifteen minutes before they come back.”

“And you, Harper Anderson,” he took a monarchistic double step forward, his hand hooking around the back of her neck sensuously, so he could pin her closer to his face where his sparkling eyes showed surreal rather than unreal, “Wanted your face painted, right?”

Now, though they were only a few inches apart, the trick to romancing was not to give too much or too little. It was definitely different trying it on someone he considered a long time friend. Stepping back, pulling out a stool for her, he did his best to hold back his apparent smugness, when he said, “Aren’t you gonna sit?”

code by valen t.

Frankie
the football player with no heart
Frankie woke up in some tired stupor. The girl from last night stirs beside him, he closes his eyes as he tries to remember what exactly happened last night. He had just broken up with the girl he had been going out with for, he thinks a week maybe. He decided that for his "newfound" freedom. He was going to go to a party, and it was never hard for him to find a party in Anchor Bay. Immediately as he walked into the house where the party was out, he spotted plenty of people that were ripe for the picking. He was a player and everyone knew it. He had been breaking hearts since he was a sophomore in High School. He used to be the one that believed in love but that all went away when he found out that his girlfriend was cheating on him with his best friend. The only girl that he had ever loved and she was just using him for fame. Nothing more and nothing less. He couldn't trust that anyone else wouldn't be like that so he closed his heart off. He became the heartbreaker. He locked up the one thing that made him, him and change who he was entirely. This Frankie knew the game and how to play so only one person would get hurt and it wouldn't be him.

He found Tina? Tiny? Taria? Her name started with a T and he charmed her with a little smirk and talk. Working his way into her heart so he could use her to forget the pain of the world, and his life. the memories that torment him. He wants to forget and just enjoy the moment he had. The flirting worked, and they made their way onto the dance floor and then to one of the rooms upstairs, where they remained for the rest of the party. He carefully gets out the bed, without disturbing the girl whose name started with an T. He didn't want to deal with the usual comments, "Are you gonna call?" or "You just wanted into my pants didn't you? I should have listen when they said you were a player." Yea you probably should have. Girls and guys all think they can change the player that was Frankie but they don't realize that's exactly what he wants. To have them try, it's all that much easier to get them into the sack with him and that was all he wanted from them. Nothing more and nothing less. It's their fault for being so naïve, what's gonna make them different that he wants to be with them. What makes them so goddamn different from the rest? Nothing, that's what.

Once he left the house, and drove to his home. Frankie walked in. Their parents were at a business trip like always. Ellie, the she-devil was just walking out. He ignored her like he did every day but she stopped him.

"Remember the deal we had. As long as you keep your mouth shut, and keep your distance from Faith. I won't 'harm' her anymore. " He nodded without looking at her as he walks into the house. The deal he made that faithful night. He would do anything to protect his sister, even if that means that she believes that he hates her. Even if she believes that he was ashamed of her. He would do anything to protect her. He loved her. She was his protector and now it was his turn to be hers. He goes upstairs and checks on his sister. She was sleeping like she had no problems in the world. He carefully walks in and places a kiss on her forehead, seeing her move around before he leaves her and closes his door. He signs and shakes his head. This plan better work. He was gonna drop clues like crazy in front of Winnie, even though Ellie had banned them from speaking. Faith kept her friendship with Win, a secret as she wasn't willingly to lose her. So he knows that if anyone can save his sister, it's the girl with the hazel eyes.

He changes his clothes and checks his phone. Seeing a text from his favorite girl, he smirked as she orders him to meet her down at the waterfront. He quickly texted her back, telling her that he was on his way. He grabs everything he needed before heading out to the car. Once he gets in, he drives off to the waterfront. Getting there in 15 minutes, he gets out the car, and looks for the girl that he had a soft spot for. He quickly texted her, and got a reply and chuckled to himself. She wasn't even there yet. He leans against his car, and waits for Claire to show her cute face so they can go and have some real fun.

waterfront.
waiting.
coded by natasha.
[/tab][/tabs]

MOOD: nervous, but excited; homesick

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Carson)

Dazzle Dazzle (Astraea)

tags
TL;DR
He's making his way downtown. Walking fast.
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself
hey it's your lovely red, just giving you a trigger warning that pertains to physical violence against a young homosexual character. I'll mark it within a spoiler, don't read if it makes you uncomfortable. thank you and enjoy 🥰

Astraea's hug surprises Hassim and he respectfully hugs her back before she pulls away. The aura that the group around him emitted created some type of comfort within him, the homesickness within him.

It's not a problem for me Astraea. He gives her a soft smile, before his eyes trail over to Artemis, who had been quiet this whole time. I like your outfit Artemis, I could never pull something off like that.

Hassim could tell that Artemis was gay and he commended for how bold he was, he could never wear his identity out like that. Everyone mistook Hassim for straight and he never corrected them, but there was always that moment where others found out. A majority of the time people freaked out, but hopefully this bunch wouldn't make a big deal out of it. His mother and sister had accepted him when he had brought his first boyfriend home; his father wasn't so nice, forcing the younger Hassim to break up with his partner *
Then beating his son so brutally that he couldn't attend school for a few days, using the excuse of falling down the stairs when speaking to hospital staff.*
So it was reasonable why Hassim was a little wary when it came to coming out to others.

Now Carson, I am grateful for the drink you've got me. The condensation of his iced latte, dampening his hand. But I heard something about cucumber lemonade? Which I am willing to try.

The town of Anchor Bay amused Hassim. He had interacted with a few people of the population when they were on the beach and they were nice interactions, however, he mostly enjoyed the interactions on twitter. From what he could gather, the teens were not afraid to let their opinions known and wore their personalities on their sleeves. The adults seemed calmer, except for Carson's insistent flirting, and if Hassim could get used to his new environment then he could find a place among the older group of the town.
code by valen t.

MOOD: confused

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

lion. lion. (@Zach)
tags
TL;DR accomplice to stealing facepaint
tl;dr
Harper Anderson
when you wear a mask for so long, you forget who is behind it.

“Zach.” Harper sighed, “You do matter to me, you’re one of my friends.” She shook her head as she stared at her feet, pushing one of the leaves with the toe of her foot. “You can just be a jerk at the worst of times, for the most unnecessary reasons.” She rolled her eyes as she looked up at someone, she called her friend. Max, Winnie, Levi, they didn’t really seem to understand why she was friends with Zach. And honestly, she didn’t really know how she had become friends with him either.

They spent the school year, stuck side by side, in science. Most of the time it was Harper begging Zach to actually pay attention, while he tried to defend his position on his Dasani water bottle. She struggled to get him to show up to their study sessions, usually forgetting because of some pretty blonde, or Claire.

It was only when Zach accidentally set Harper’s flannel aflame with the Bunsen burner, that Zach started to take the class somewhat seriously. He made an effort to remember any day they were supposed to meet at the library, occasionally coming on days that he didn’t need to be there. At some point, they were just friends. It wasn’t a big change, the two of them hanging out just became familiar. They joked around, they made fun of each other, they spent the spring out on the beach surfing. It was like they had been friends for their entire lives, not just a few months.

But it wasn’t always all that.

Harper went unnoticed, flinching as Zach went to wrap an arm around her shoulder, she overcame the moment of anxiety passing quickly as she allowed him to pull her in towards him. “Zach, it says its closed.” Harper stated plainly, as she pointed lazily at the sign in front of them.

Harper rolled her eyes as he dragged her along towards the tent. That didn’t stop Zach, before long he had shook his arm free from her shoulder. “Zach, did you not hear me? Its closed.” Harper repeated while Zach seemed to not hear her as he slipped under the board that was supposed to keep others out. “Zach.” She called again standing outside of the tent, she threw her arms down feeling like she had lost a battle, ducking under the bar that was supposed to keep them out. “We’re not supposed to be in here.”

She had barely stepped into the tent when Zach closed the distance between them Harper could feel her heart begin to beat fast in her chest and she was oddly aware at how close he was standing, each pad of his finger wrapped gently around her neck.

Harper was used to Zach’s constant and insistent flirting, but being touchy, pulling her in. That, that was new, that was different. She knew it was all apart of his game, he always was trying to get to her. See what caused her to break, give into what he like to call his ‘raw sexual scent.’

Feeling as if she had been frozen in time, she finally heard his voice talking to her. Harper lifted her hand placing her hand on Zach’s forearm that held her neck, she pushed it backwards off of her. She stepped backwards crossing her arms on her chest as she tilted her head. “I don’t need my face painted Zach.” She tapped her foot on the dark asphalt below them. “Even if I did, I could wait.”

Standing in front of him she dropped her arms reaching forward she grabbed onto his wrist in a futile attempt to drag him backout of the tent. It didn’t take much for Zach to flip his wrist and pull her back into the tent. Digging her feet in moments before she collided with her chest. ‘Aren’t you going to sit?’ He said with his signature smug look on his face.

“Come on Zach, we’re not supposed to be here.” She replied, but she didn’t move her feet as he dragged a stool over. As he gestured to the stool, Harper obliged, taking a seat on the stool. “You better not draw a dick on my face.” She said as she scooted the seat forward.
code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed, pissed, protective

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

Frankie

INT:
Dazzle Dazzle (Reid)

r e i r e i (Isa)

tags
TL;DR

Max worries him. And he refuses to third wheel.
tl;dr
Chance Matthews
how can you look to protect them if you can't protect thyself
Reid's comment actually pulls out a loud laugh out of Chance. I barely get angry and when I do, I don't recommend being next to me. And I don't think I'll ever actually get angry with you. Just watch my girl that's all. The arm around Isa tightens, eliciting a small smile from his best friend. Chance couldn't deny that Reid seemed cool, they had similar traits of course, and Chance was always one to come up with his own opinions. Chance couldn't deny that messing with Reid and Isa was fun. He also couldn't deny, to himself at least, that Reid was hot. He could deny it to the public but Chance wasn't accepting that thought, so he defaulted to being a menace. Like he did with Frankie.

The trio make their way towards the stand that had funnel cake and while they wait for their order, Chance spends his time on Twitter. Now Max Berkowitz was someone Chance could consider a friend. The kid was a lot closer to his sister and the people Chance hung out with probably scared Max, but the two boys were friends. So when he say that the kid was struggling with finding the lemonade stand he happened to be ten feet from, he decided to help.

Slipping away from his companions wasn't hard as he had mentioned to Max. Reid and Isa would flirt and be all touchy whenever Chance wasn't looking and nit was gross. The runner tries to help Max as fast as possible before Isa notices, why? Cause Max was being all weird about it. Chance admired the kid, but he also worried about him. When he returns from the short trip (how did Max get lost?) , his food is ready and he grabs the delicious funnel cake, memories of that last day with his dad flooding his mind. He'd rather avoid these memories, rather hide all his feelings about his father's death instead of facing it. You'd say it was unhealthy but he didn't care. Okay, maybe funnel cake wasn't a good idea. He shoves a two bites full of the small portion into his mouth before throwing the rest away, made it seem like he wasn't wasting the food he'd been craving for a while now.

Okay, now that I've got my fill, I guess we can show new boy here a good time. He takes Isa's hand and pulls her towards the direction of the woods that creeped into the town of Anchor Bay. The two had found an abandoned shed and had slowly started to incorporate a few of their things. It's where he hid his summer weed stash as well, although his mother never went through their things, Chance couldn't help but feel a little paranoid about it. He also had a few snacks and drinks, and bunch of other things that made it feel like a safe haven from whatever thoughts he was pushing to the back of his mind. It's where he and Isa went to get away and he was okay with opening that up to Reid. Please, I smoked before I got here, I think you need one Reid. We'll show you the way.

code by valen t.

MOOD: annoyed, kind of pissed, conflicted

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Oliver) (Ivy)
Dazzle Dazzle (Jacob)
Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin) (Tabitha)
tamarapasek tamarapasek (Ashley)

tags
TL;DR
smile. breathe and smile.

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews
i do not stand alone, but i am lonely
Winnie absolutely adored Tabitha, so when she came up with a smile on her face, Winnie mimicked the same smile on her face. Hi Tabitha, it's nice to see you. We're just figuring out what we're gonna do. Winnie shrugs, openly letting the girl join their ranks

The new addition to their group gives Winnie hope that they will find something to do, they all move around the festival grounds letting the various attractions amuse their eyes, occasionally partaking in them. Then the four of them are joined by Dustin, Ashley, and someone who she assumed was Ivy. Winnie had never interacted with the second girl, but had heard some interesting things about aher from her brother and others alike.

Hey guys, Winnie's smile doesn't leave her face as the. three younger students join her friend group. At times Winnie felt out of place as she was the oldest one there, she felt as if she couldn't relate to the others as much. She'd experienced things that they hadn't and they were living through things that she possibly couldn't understand. Winnie would of course try for the sake of her boyfriend, but she couldn't deny that it was hard.

Her smile softens with affection has her eyes land on her boyfriend, the giddy smile on his face making her heart skip. Despite what anyone said about their weird age thing and the insistent comments about how a more experienced Winnie was wasting time on a less experienced Dustin, Winnie adored her boyfriend.

She's ready to take in his hug and she giggles at his actions, even the kiss he placed on her forehead laid comfort over her. But then he smells the faint and familiar smell of alcohol and she notices the subtle clumsiness in Dustin's movement and she can't help but stiffen slightly. She didn't mean to, especially not in her boyfriend's arms, but she does. Winona became uncomfortable around alcohol after he father's death. She had tried to move past it and even tried casually drinking at parties she was invited the past summer, but it didn't work for her. The loss of control, the possible trouble someone could get into, the hurt. She kept away from it for herself. She let Chance have her fun and any other friend that wanted to try it out, but she wasn't going to not worry about it.

And last she checked, Dustin didn't drink. Why the hell did he decide to start drinking now?! In the middle of the afternoon? In public? And Dustin seemed to be a sappy, belligerent, lightweight. The entirety of the situation was overwhelming Winnie, she tried to distract herself on twitter, but Dustin's extraness and the everyone else's existence didn't help. She had to step away. Her boyfriend asks to come along and Winnie lets him, leaving a stiff smile on her face since she knew how insecure he could get about their relationship, comments from others didn't help either. I'll see you guys again in a bit, just going to get him some water. She takes Dustin's hand and leads him towards where food and refreshments were. Oh Dustin, what am I going to do with you?

code by valen t.

MOOD: Neutral

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/wM8kHCk/92-B870-BD-2154-4-B91-9-B59-76-C8-A770-A30-A.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Myling Myling

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Just getting some ice cream and contemplating marital problems
tl;dr
Danielle Henderson
No way, we’re never going to talk about it

“Juniper Henderson what on earth did you do?” Dani questioned, as her four year old half guiltily confessed to using her mother’s lipstick to draw a pattern on her white shirt. Sighing, she rummaged through her bag for a tiny hoodie to slip onto her daughter. “We’ll talk about this later. For now just keep the jacket on.” She ordered Juni, slipping her arms into it. She didn’t need the neighbors calling child services because her child was walking around with what looked to be blood on her shirt. The punishment/scolding would have to come later though, and she dreaded being the one to have to deliver it. But there was no choice. Dex sure as hell wouldn’t be doing any disciplining soon so the responsibility fell on her.

Her husband, who would be meeting her with Juno in a bit, had been on her mind a lot. More than usual even considering they were married. She wasn’t sure when it had started but she’d felt a bit of a distance between them lately. They still acted somewhat lovey dovey over text but in person they were more akin to really close friends than spouses. Every conversation seemed to be some type of coordination. The main difference being that every so often he’d grab her ass.

The way his family felt about her especially didn’t help her case. It was painfully obvious to all except little Juni just how low his mother thought of her. No matter how many years passed she’d forever be the little harlot who got her precious little angel to knock her up at 17.

And she somewhat understood that. She’d been………less than stellar in her teenage years, as a certain video of her give a lap dance to a beloved town statue could attest. Though thankfully that hadn’t seemed to rub off on Tabitha.

“You want some ice cream?” She questioned Juni, getting a resounding yes from the girl. Since Dex was gone, the role of the fun parent was empty and Dani was ready to fill it until it was time to go home and scold her. “Then let’s go!” She grinned, picking up the girl to place her on her shoulders, earning squeals of delight from Juni. Guiding her to the ice cream booth, she set the girl down on the counter, praying she didn’t fall off.

“One small vanilla cone, please” She requested, forking over a bill from her wallet. As she was debating whether to spend on her own ice cream, the hem of her shirt caught her eye. “For fuck’s sake!” she blurted out, though she blushed beet red realizing she’d said it in front of Juni. But maybe she should let Juni hear her swear. After all, she was the reason why there was lipstick smudged on the edge of her shirt.

Before she could say anything else, she noticed two figures out of the corner of her eye. With a smile, she waved the two men over, with one arm steadying Juni on the counter.

code by valen t.

scroll

school counselor

Juno.

mood

Stressed, yet ready to have fun

outfit

Anchor Bay, Waterfront

interactions

Dani, Dexter, Juniper, Nana

"I don't know if I'm actually ready for this."
Juno ended his speech with a smile, not that he actually felt like smiling. He just kept his face and voice cheery so Nana wouldn't get scared. Daiki's daughter was only five and didn't understand english so Juno used that for his own good. He kept swearing and talking whatever he wanted in the girl's company since she wouldn't understand it anyways. Maybe it wasn't the most correct thing to do, but in Juno's opinion it wasn't the worst thing either. There were worse things a kid could experience than that. Like parents kicking their child out.. but he didn't want to think that right now so he focused on the voice of his footsteps. Juno was walking while talking. Dexter was on his left side and Nana was on his right side holding his hand.

"I don't understand Daiki! Like how can he even think about adopting a Child, when I'm the only one with a job? School counselor's salary isn't even that great. Like if I did study harder maybe my dumbass would have been able to become a psychologist or doctor or something", Juno continued with the cheery tone and smile, despite the subject of his talk not being so cheery. Juno really loved his husband but there were times they couldn't understand each other. Juno didn't know whether it was because of cultural differences or lack of communication. All had been good in Japan. The four months they had spent there were amazing. The two first months in the states were amazing too, but things started to go downhill after their wedding.

Even though Juno was in his friend's Dexter's company, he was starting to get lost in his own thoughts. Thinking about all the great and not so great time with his husband. Daiki was a loving husband. One of those people who enjoyed making meals for their partner. He even was the one to take care of the house and always clean Juno's messes. He really liked to spoil his husband. They had faced new obstacles they had not faced in Japan. Normally Social Daiki was always alone in their home if not in Juno's company. He had a hard time making new friends and getting a job since his english skills weren't that good. "Maybe we should have just stayed at Japan..." Juno mumbled more to himself than Dexter.

Juno didn't want to overwhelm his only friends with his own worries. However it felt good to not bottle up emotions but to talk about them to someone. Especially since normally he was the one to listen to others thanks to his job as a school counselor. I mean that's what he was supposed to do... the counseling didn't always go as it should. There were kids who only came for snacks or silent kids who were forced to get counseling because of their parents. Anyways, Juno wasn't there to think about work. He just wanted to have a good time with his friends and not see any students, however the last wish would not happen and Juno knew it.

"Hey! Isn't that Dani and my name buddy?" Juno's voice was for once actually cheery. Juno let Nana's hand go and ran towards the woman who waved the men to get closer. "It's great to see you, whats up!" The green haired man chatted while hugging his best friend since high school. "Oh.. Sorry is this too much?" He said away and went away. He looked at Nana who had went to Juniper. The girls got great along despite not sharing the same language. They both teached each other new words which was endearing. "But you know.. I need some attention too. I don't want to be third wheeled constantly like during high school." He grinned looking at Dexter this time.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Petrified

OUTFIT:
Long Sleeves in 5he Summertime

basics
MENTIONS:
Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Jacob Dazzle Dazzle
Tabitha Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Dustin Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Ivy @me

INT:

tags
TL;DR Dustin is drunk and Oliver's not really okay with that.
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver kept running through ocean facts at Tabitha until he ran out of breath and quieted down, turning back to see that three more had run in. The group had grown a little crowded, but Oliver thought at first that it would be okay. He liked Ashley… they hadn't spent much time together, but she seemed nice enough. Ivy made him slightly uncomfortable, mostly for personal space reasons. But Dustin and Oliver got along well. They had shared several classes over freshman year, and Oliver had a tentative trust in him. Dustin was kind and had proven time and time again to be as good as his word, and at least on a superficial level, he was honest. Oliver valued those traits, and had grown over time to appreciate his company.

But something about Dustin wasn’t right. His movements were sloppy and more uncoordinated than usual. He zig-zagged and stumbled as he ran up to Winnie and pulled her up off the ground into a hyper enthusiastic embrace, speaking with such odd inflection that Oliver could hardly understand what he was saying.
This was wrong.
Oliver hadn’t even fully processed what was wrong yet. Just the flashing instinct that something bad was going to happen.

He’d shifted back onto his left leg, shoulders rotating as if to turn and bolt. But he didn't... not yet, anyway. He seemed to have frozen, deep brown eyes wide and darting back and forth for an escape, hands trembling, breath coming in short shallow gasps. He had turned pale, paler than he'd ever been, leaving just the dark circles under his eyes and the red-purple bruising on his hands over the chalky white. Without thinking or realizing it, he shrank back closer behind Jacob.

Jacob, looking concerned, leaned back to ask Oliver if he was okay. The smaller of the boys only stammered incomprehensibly for a few seconds before answering with a weak shrug.
It was probably better for everyone that Oliver had frozen up.
For a kid barely 5’5, Oliver and his switchblade were a force to be reckoned with. His fight-or-flight response could quickly and easily turn into a bloody stab wound if one wasn't careful. Only a few people knew about the knife… It was one of the few things Oliver seemed capable of keeping secret.

Finally, Winnie took Dustin by the hand and walked off, saying something about water.
Water…
The ocean.
The ocean is made up of 321 million cubic miles of water. 352 quintillion gallons. That's more water than...
Oliver didn't want to think about the ocean anymore.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Go crazy go stupid

OUTFIT: Worked Way Too Hard On These

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek
Dustin Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Tabitha Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Winnie ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Oliver @me
Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR Hot girl summer means casual day-drinking.
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

Bringing vodka to the end-of-year fair? Best. Decision. Ever. Not only did Dustbin agree to take a swig out of the bottle, he kept going at it long after Ivy had decided she was plenty buzzed. This kid really didn’t fear man nor god, huh? Ivy almost admired him, watching him drain the last of her acrid concoction with giddy excitement. Poor dude was already starting to waver back and forth down the street, making his own way across the fair that Ivy happily followed, looping her hand over Ashley’s wrist to drag her alongside. She didn’t really need to do this, though, since Ashley seemed far more dead-set on following Dusty than Ivy was. Eww. Classic Ashley, always trying to whore herself out to the nerds.

Dustin smashed like a glass snowglobe. He held his alcohol like a damn bunny rabbit. It had barely been fifteen minutes and he was throwing his arms all over Ashley and slurring about how much he loved them. Ivy could barely contain herself and laughed out loud and obliged the hug from Dustin, though when she finally managed to shove him off she started gagging and brushing at her clothes as if she were covered in ants.

Dustin somehow managed to lead them straight to the rest of the dork cult. While Dustin ran back and forth hugging people, Ivy casually sidled over and gave Winnie a tip of her imaginary hat, then turned and surprised Tabitha with a lightning-fast poke in the ribs. “Boop. You’re new. What’s got you stuck in the dork hive?” Ivy evidently wasn’t sober herself, though next to Dustin she only seemed a few screws looser than she usually was.

“Thing 1 and Thing 2,” Ivy quickly nodded to address Jacob and Oliver, both of whom looked unnerved and anxious. What, did they not find Dustin being smashed at 1 or 2-something PM absolutely hilarious? Nerds. “How’s it going, trying to grow a shell to hide in?” Jacob looked like he’d just witnessed a car wreck, and Oliver looked practically dead. Ivy felt tempted to push him a little to see if he’d scream or pass out, but something told her it wasn’t a good idea. Winnie, just as ruffled and tense as the boys, grabbed Dustin and walked off. “HEY! THAT’S MINE!” Ivy shrieked like her purse had been snatched, pointing back at Dustin staggering down the sidewalk. “No fair!! That’s abduction!!” How incredibly rude of Winifred to walk off with the life of the party. What a spoilsport.
code by valen t.

MOOD: time to win

OUTFIT: varsity jacket + jeans

basics
MENTIONS:
N/A

INT:
@Chimney Swift
@Elf_Ruler
tags
TL;DR Oreo. Eating. Competition.
tl;dr
levi morgan
i look a little bit older, i look a little bit colder
Levi felt a little bit bad that he’d talked to Max, since the other boy seemed to get a little flustered. But at the same time, wouldn’t it have been worse to completely ignore him or just walk with him awkwardly without trying to say anything? Levi figured he should probably learn ASL, and he had been genuinely trying, but he kind of… didn’t have time, or it would become too difficult and he’d give up. He was embarrassed that he hadn’t tried harder, but he promised himself that he would, so Max wouldn’t be afraid to talk to him.

“That’s awesome,” he said, shooting Max a thumbs up and a grin, trying to be as reassuring as possible in a non-verbal way. “I love popcorn.” He clasped a hand on Max’s shoulder and squeezed gently, a subtle show of both respect and care for the other boy.

As they hopped onto the boat, Levi hung around the edge, ready to help anyone get on who needed it. He stood there until the very end, but before he could move further into the middle of the boat, Lemon was suddenly rushing towards the edge. Levi moved towards her, placing a gentle hand on her back since he could tell that she was about to be or worried about being sick.

When she said she wasn’t sure if she could do the boat, Levi leant down a bit to look at her. “Are you sure?” he muttered, feeling awful for her. As she stepped off the boat, he didn’t even hesitate in following after her, standing next to her in the grass. “I’ll stay with you,” he said, shooting her a look that said ‘don’t even bother trying to argue. “I wasn’t that into the boat, anyway.”

code by valen t.

MOOD: Chill but quietly hard up for the wife

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Juno Myling Myling

Danielle tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR: Family time at the festival
tl;dr
Dex Henderson
Will you be my valentine if I'm a world away?
Dex nodded sympathetically while listening to Juno vent. He was no stranger to marital woes, and Juno's heard plenty of them from both sides of the Henderson union. "Dude, I don't know...we can barely handle one kid," Dex shook his head gravely, green eyes wide at the insane thought of actually going out of your way to adopt a second child. He really didn't know how people did it, handle more than one child, financially or otherwise.

A smile bloomed on his face, however, at the sight of his little family at the ice cream stand, his wife waving them over. In her tight jeans and floaty white top contrasting her dark, glossy hair, Danielle was still just as gorgeous as the day he met her back in high school. "Hey, babe," Dex was able to get a peck on her cheek before he was distracted by Juniper reaching for him from her spot on the counter. "Hey, little Goober!" His smiled widened, scooping his daughter up to give the giggling girl a few kisses to her chubby baby cheeks.

"Look, it's your name buddy," Dex repeated Juno's word, pointing to his friend and child's namesake, whom the little girl regarded with a shy smile and clumsy wave. "What's that, you got ice cream??" He let out an exaggerated gasp as Juni pushed her ice cream cone towards him, grinning as he took a taste of it with a nod. "Nom nom...thank you for the noms!"

"Juni, look, your friend Nana is here," Dex placed Juni carefully on her feet, crouching down to rifle through the huge bag of stuff his wife always thought ahead to bring, in search of some wipes to clean the kid's sticky hands and face with. Once clean, Juni left her half-eaten ice cream in the hands of her father, now more interested in scampering over to her little friend.

"Soooo, what are we doing?" Dex ambled up behind his wife, scarfing down the remainder of Juni's cone. Gripping Dani by the hips, he lovingly pulled her close against him, covertly executing his signature move of grabbing her ass as he did so. The couple wasn't usually quite so affectionate as of late, and they could especially keep the lovey-dovey shit under wraps around friends, no problem. Their four-month dry spell was starting to take its toll on Dex however. Poor Juno would have to endure some PDA, just as he dutifully did way back in their high school days as the couple's close friend and bandmate.

"Pleeease, Juno. If anyone's a third wheel, it's me. You know she loves you more than me," Dex grumbled with a fake pout, throwing his arms around her shoulders to hug Dani gently from behind.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Smitten, with a side of anxiety

OUTFIT: xoxo

basics
MENTIONS:

Mariah tamarapasek tamarapasek

INT:

Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Oliver/Ivy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Jacob Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR: Tabs talks to boys and miraculously survives
tl;dr
Tabitha Carter
Can't help myself but count the flaws
Claw my way out through these walls
Winnie's warm smile and usual friendly demeanor made Tabitha relax a bit within the small group. She found it oddly comforting when Oliver launched into his sweetly endearing turtle facts like he always did; the boy was just too twitchy and nervous to find intimidating. Tabitha gave him a gentle smile of encouragement, nodding along as she listened patiently.

The peace was soon shattered however, when Winnie's boyfriend burst in on the group and unleashed a tidal wave of PDA on the tall, pretty girl, making Tabitha flush with a mixture of embarrassment and irritation. Though truthfully, she'd have had no problem with such a display if she was the one being showered in affection. She didn't know Dustin well; he was Mariah's friend, but as a cute boy, Tabs always avoided him like the plague. Yet she could still tell something was...off about him today. By the time Dustin's friends caught up and joined the group, Tabitha was once again wishing to be swallowed up by a sudden freak sinkhole. She recognized them as two fairly mean, snarky girls from Twitter, and that just made her consternation spike even more.

Tabitha couldn't help but giggle though, at Jacob's enthusiastic proclamation that the gang was all here. She was quickly realizing that like Oli, there was a sweet gentleness about the boy that put her at ease, and he was just so adorably dorky that his presence made her anxiety wane quite a bit. Tabitha just shook her head when addressed by him, the boy wondering aloud about Dustin's condition. "I think he might be drunk, actually..." The brunette replied with a chuckle in her naturally soft voice.

Tabitha was so busy throwing coy glances at the younger boy, she barely noticed the other girl sidling up until Ivy's sudden poke to her ribs forced a suprised squeak of a laugh out of her. She blushed, embarrassed to make such a spazzy noise in front of Jacob, but managed to catch what the fellow tiny brunette was asking anyway. "Oh, hey! I guess...I'm one of them," Tabitha replied with a nervous smile. Holding her breath, she waited for a diatribe of ridicule to be unleashed upon her, but was relieved that Ivy's attention was quickly captured by the boys, playfully insulting them instead.

Ivy's fleeting attention soon moved on to someone else, but Tabs was suprised to find she still held Jacob's. She smiled bashfully at him, unable to continuously hold his brilliant blue gaze and kept looking away shyly every so often as they spoke. He of course asked her where her best friend Mariah was, and Tabitha's face reddened a bit more. "Oh she's just with...her other friends," Dropping her shoulders in a quick shrug, she tried to toss the reply out casually, but it wasn't hard to catch the slight twist of bitterness in her voice.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Excited

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/0hMZXWQ/df999f64b63fae44a28e0827334ba73e.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
Mariah Bailey
This air is blessed, you share with me

Mariah only chuckled at Jenny's reaction. It was honestly extremely adorable how smitten she was over Mariah's initial buddy. In fact she was rooting for Max to wise up and realize that such a great girl was right in front of him. But even Mariah knew how unlikely that was. Max wasn't exactly built for dating from what Mariah had observed. He was too insecure to accept affection, he was extremely romance averse, and his attention was clearly focused on Harper Anderson. Jenny's crush had an 80% chance of blowing up in her face. All the same, she'd resolved to help her good friend get the guy she wanted. After all, Mariah herself wasn't immune to ill advised crush. There was Dex, her best friend's brother in law. Tabitha, her actual straight best friend. Not to mention her latest object of affection......nope. Couldn't start thinking of them now. The crush drama wasn't about Mariah anyway. It was about Jenelle. Though mostly about helping her friend find love, Mariah had to admit that she had at least some ulterior motives. If Jenelle could get a boyfriend, it could prove that overachievers were in fact capable of being loved.

If she told Lemon, she was certain that she'd just get a lecture on how relationships were overrated, and sex was for people like Claire Malkovich or something. She didn't resent her friend for that at all, but it was still something they'd never see eye to eye on. The simple fact was that Mariah was lonely. For the longest time Tabitha had been more than enough for her, but things were changing. Now that her feelings had become romantic, she'd decided she needed somebody else to fill the place in her life that Tabitha just couldn't. Maybe that made her thirsty but so what? It wasn't a crime to want to be wanted.

As they boarded the boat, Mariah's attention shifted to Lemon. She.......did not look okay. She couldn't put her finger on what exactly was wrong, but all the same things definitely were not all right. She was frozen in place, wishing to ask the girl if something was wrong, but also trying to respect boundaries. She was the newcomer to the group after all. She couldn't possibly expect Lemon to open up to her the way she might to one of the guys. Actually, even then she didn't open up all that much to her close friends. So when Lemon informed the group that she was gonna stay on land, the girl frowned. That wasn't right. Lemon couldn't just leave them! She was like the in between for the girls and guys of the group.

She sighed, glancing at the petite blonde. She really didn't want to but it was probably for the best. ''I'll join you too. Wasn't really invested in the boat either.'' She lied through her teeth. Anyone who saw her on Twitter would know that she'd been gushing about the boat tour all day. But she couldn't just leave Lemon and Levi be! Then she'd be the third wheel to Jenelle and Max. Although goodness knows they'd need that in between, she didn't feel right sailing while the friend who wanted to do it the most stayed on shore.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Playful

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/gVG2L0y/IMG-9940-scaled.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR The gremlins discuss the possibility of Ashley hoe-ing it out
tl;dr
Ashley Park
Nobody wants you when you have no heart

Ashley's eyes widened in a mixture of admiration and complete disgust. Who the hell took that big of a swig on their first go? It would've been impressive if she'd trusted that Dusty comprehended that, the swig wasn't a good idea and said fuck it anyway. But she didn't trust him to understand that. So she had to conclude that through peer pressure, Dusty had lost all critical thinking. Though Ivy, seemed to enjoy the day drinking Dusty, it was rather unsettling to Ashley. Such actions, she was certain Dustin would've chastised her for on any other day. But today he was stumbling down the street like a fool. It just wasn't right to see Mr Goody Two shoes in that state.

Her body stiffened instantly as Dustin wrapped his arms around her. She was immediately tempted to just melt into them. Just let him hug her. Maybe even hug him back. But her prickly nature took over, and she quickly squirmed her way out of his arms. There was no point in hugging Dustin and liking it, if she didn't get to get used to that tingly feeling she had from his embrace.

As Dustin lead him to a group which appeared to be an amalgamation of the nice people in school. Blech. “Hey No. Dusty.......got his hands on the fruit juice.” She informed his girlfriend. Though she herself was also tipsy, it wasn't completely obvious. Apart from the fact that everything she was saying was more akin to screaming than usual.

“Hi Oli. You're.......Isaac right?” She greeted the two boys, far more civil than Ivy was presenting herself to be. The nerds always softened her heart a teeny bit. They were just so.......helpless. It felt wrong to taunt them the way she would Dusty who could always take a joke without crying. “Any new turtle facts?” She questioned Oli, her tone calm though she had a feeling that Ivy would make some dumb joke about her flirting with him. But alas, she never heard his response because of Winnie. Was she taking Dustin home? “He's fine Nona! He's just a lightweight.” Ashley protested, completely unaware of how sensible an idea it actually was to go home when drunk. “Just put him in a Porta Potty or something!” Didn't everyone just hang around outside until the alcohol wore off?
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/wM8kHCk/92-B870-BD-2154-4-B91-9-B59-76-C8-A770-A30-A.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Myling Myling

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

[/COMMENT]
tags
tl;dr
Danielle Henderson
No way, we’re never going to talk about it

Juni giggled happily as she saw her favorite parent. Dani similarly brightened as Juno and Dex approached them. Seeing the two, made her feel as excited as she had been back in high school. The main difference being that now all of them were parents now.

As her husband approached her, Dani grinned as she noted the way he gazed at her. Clearly she wasn't totally homely yet. ''Hey babe,'' Though intending to go in for an actual kiss, Dex was already focusing on Juni. "Keep the jacket on her. Somebody decided to DIY her shirt with mommy's lipstick" She whsipered to Dex, her arm propped onto his shoulder.

"Juno!'' Dani squealed, finally acknowledging her best friend. "It's been forever!!!" Suddenly the counselor was glomped into a hug by the teeny girl. "Finally, a cool adult." She joked, half rolling her eyes and half swooning at Dex's conversation with Juni.

"I seriously can't believe you have a kid"
She commented, still in awe at the fact that she and Dex were no longer the only people married with a child in their friend group. But Dani had to admit that though Daiki seemed like a very nice person, things seemed insanely rushed. Then again, who was she to talk? She'd gotten knocked up in less than 2 years of dating.

"What do you wanna do Jun-Oh!" Dani's inquiry was interrupted by Dexter sneaking up behind her to grab her hips. As his hands grabbed her ass, she didn't comment on it. Though not a new move in any sense of the word, she was ever so slightly caught off guard that he'd decided to do it in front of their child. Not that she was complaining. Juni wasn't even looking at them, so it was probably fine.

"I do noooot! Well.......maybe a little bit." Dani teased him, throwing a wink in Juno's direction. Laughing at the fake pout on his face, she spun around to quickly kiss him on the lips. ''Sorry Juno, just one quick PDA okay?'' she informed him, before pulling Dex back into a longer kiss

code by valen t.

MOOD: Scandalized

OUTFIT: Max Loves The Woods

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.

INT:
Isa r e i r e i
Reid Dazzle Dazzle

tags
TL;DR
Max walks in on something he really wasn't supposed to know about and now the poor kid is scarred for life again.
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

June was probably Max's favorite month of the year. The constant fatigue that school pushed onto him had finally been lifted from his shoulders; now he had all the time he needed to spend time with his friends, or read, or just… think. God only knows how the poor boy doesn't get any time to think. Between Lemon shunning him for almost a whole year, Isa being suddenly living alone in unstable housing, Reid... being Reid, and now Lemon was drinking her problems away and wouldn't talk to him about anything... it was too much.
Why did he even think he could talk Lemon out of substance abuse? Max had his own harmful coping mechanisms, his own things he felt he couldn't open up about. Why did he expect everyone to be open with him?

But putting all that aside, the woods were beautiful this time of year, when camp rolled around: the towering trees formed a dark green canopy, the moss climbing the bark and the tall grass filling the space with living things. Blue and brown birds fluttered back and forth through the branches overhead, silhouetted under the bright morning sun. The smell of rain lingered from the night before. The woods had a way of making the world seem still and tranquil, like time slowed to a pause. Just him and the old trees and the ferns and the wildflowers. If Max had to pick a spot to spend his last day, it would be here.
No matter how stressful things got, his troubles couldn't follow him here. He was safe.

...well, other than being partnered with Zachary Lee for counselor duties.
He and Zach had never really gotten along. It was complicated: their dads were best friends, so they'd had to spend constant time together since Max was less than 12. Zach was… well, he was already cooler than Max was ever going to be, and seemed to be more entertained by provoking Max than getting to know him, and even Max himself had to admit that he was easy to upset. Sometimes he and Zach could make it work. There were times when they could even stay side-by-side like friends, but lately Zach's constantly flustering Max had somehow taken an even more uncomfortable turn. For some reason, Zach thought it was funny to poke at some... very delicate feelings that Max would rather have kept buried.
(That, and Zach may or may not have also pressured Max into sabotaging their fathers' bond just to keep him at a distance.)
...and now they had to sleep in the same tent. Max's head spun just thinking about it. It would be a miracle if the two boys survived the night. Zach was probably going to light the tent on fire.

Max had arrived on the campgrounds a little late, having spent a few too many minutes just taking everything in. Realizing he'd promised Isa he'd meet her at her tent to hang out and take pictures 20 minutes ago, he suddenly froze up and looked down at his watch, his throat tightening. He had 10 minutes to find her before she went out looking for him instead. Not wanting to prove a point Isa had made earlier, he took off running to find Isa's tent, stumbling and tripping over branches until he nearly ran headfirst into a tree, skidding to a stop and steadying himself before sighing in defeat and continuing at a slower walk. Max was never that coordinated. He seemed to get into more than his fair share of unfortunate accidents. Better not to make this a repeat of last year-- if he could just go the whole trip without getting lost or busting his ankle, that would be an improvement. That was all he wanted.

By the time he made it down to the girls' tents, Max had recollected himself a bit, half a smile crossing his face as he spotted Isa's name on the small postboard outside the tents. His hand reached for the zipper on the door, but as he did, someone else's hand brushed past his and pulled the entrance open.
It wasn't Isa.
It really wasn't Isa.

Max abruptly took a step back. All at once he felt the blood rise to his face, his palms going cold and sweaty. His stomach twisted painfully as he brought his hand to his chest and clenched his fist as if to start to say something, but his arm just went limp and dropped back to his side, speechless.

Reid's piercing eyes seemed to sting at Max's, as if watching to see if he'd flinch. Well, Max did flinch, but Reid kept staring, and Max couldn't even bring himself to watch to see if any words formed on Reid's lips. God, Reid's cocky stare just made Max's skin burn hot. He just looked like an asshole. The energy just radiated off of him. Something incredibly Zach-like hung in the air around Reid. And here he was, all smug and confident, doing who knows what with Isa.

Max's face ran through the five stages of grief in a half of a second: disbelief, anger, bargaining, depression… skipping acceptance to just go back to disbelief. He breathed out a shallow, mortified whimper and didn't seem to realize that he had, but a moment later he hastily swallowed the panic back down and flashed Reid an icy blue glare, tilting his chin up to make up for the height difference between them. Finding himself unable to say anything satisfactorily scathing, he gave a flustered cough and pushed past him to find Isa. Just the way her dark hair was tossed about on her shoulders, the contented calm on her face… no. Nope. No. No. That was not what was happening. No way. Reid didn't just--

"Isa!" His left hand snapped the name in one half-second flick across his fingers, pinky to thumb. Turning white under his deep blush, he bared his teeth and lowered his eyebrows. It didn't look as if he realized that he couldn't be taken seriously when his knees were trembling and his hands were so tensed up that his elbows were locked at an odd angle that hindered his words. "What the fuck!? Why would you-- he-- what is he doing here!?"

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: satisfied

OUTFIT:Vneck and jeans

basics
MENTIONS:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

r e i r e i (@isa)
INT:
NA (Open)
tags
TL;DR meeting new friends ;)
tl;dr
Reid Callaway
never admit when you're wrong

Maybe this camping trip wouldn’t be so bad after all, the lack of supervision was rather astonishing for a camp run practically by teenagers. What could go wrong?

So maybe him and Isa had already snuck off from some breakfast duties that they were supposed to handle. Maybe they had only meant to get some energy out, and maybe they had been less inconspicuous than they had intended.

Isa had told him they only had so much time when she practically fell backwards into her tent, holding onto the collar on his shirt landing on the air mattress beneath them. Though, they might have pushed their time limit to the very edge as Reid, reached for the zipper as someone on the outside of the tent had as well.

Reid climbed through the opening of the tent, coming face to face with the little brunette boy standing in front of him. Reid’s hair was obviously tousled in a way that you knew, someone had been dragging their fingers through it. The collar of his t-shirt stretched out, making the red marks that laid on his neck that much more noticeable.

“Hey.” His voice as smooth as whiskey, and rough like he had just woken up from a restful nap. He smirked with half his face, winking at Max as he walked by him. What could he say, he had done his due diligence, and soon enough they were likely going to start looking for him. ‘people still need to eat’ Or some bullshit. Reid couldn’t tell them that he didn’t care, because he had already gotten his fill…

Reid headed back towards the main cabin that had the kitchen, he could already see the death glares he was getting for having stepped out for a bit. It really wasn’t his fault that they weren’t paying any attention, and not even that, they had put him and Isa on the same shift. What did they think was going to happen? They would happily fry up some eggs without wanting to eat too?
code by valen t.

Lemon Pierce

One week and Lemon had finally accepted that maybe right now the bottle was her only choice? Maybe it was the only way for her to feel nothing, or at least try and feel nothing. So, under her bed the bottles sat and for the first couple nights after acquiring them all she could do was stare at them. Unopened but calling to her, persuading her to open them. Finally, she did and as bad as it sounds once enough liquor was in her system, she didn’t feel bad. She felt good, happy, maybe relieved? It didn’t matter because for the time being, she didn’t feel the overwhelming guilt and sadness of her life choices. As she packed her bags for Camp Tipacanoe Lemon couldn’t help but giggle to herself. It was a silly name after all. It kind of sucked that she had to go away but she had managed to successfully transfer the alcohol from one bottle to another. She didn’t need it she just liked that she could finally feel a little more like herself.

As soon as she had finished packing, she quietly waited for Niila, he had just moved in with her while he did an exchange program in the States. He was nice and she had gotten to know him through a lot of messaging online. It was nice and she hoped he thought of her as a friend much like she did him.

The trip to the camp was nothing short of an adventure, but once the pair arrived Lemon pulled him along behind her, “Come on!” her voice full of joy, “I’m supposed to meet up with Levi, but let me introduce you to Frankie. You’re going to love him! I promise.” Her words were fast as she spoke. Niila behind her, as she looked around for where he should be. Her eyes searched for him and finally she saw the back of his head and made her way to them. Upon arrival she stopped, and her face turned sour. Claire. Sure, Claire had helped Lemon but that didn’t make up for the years of torment, the fact that the principal still gave her looks of judgement, Claire was not a person Lemon really wanted to deal with.

She tried to regain her composure and smile at Frankie as she cleared her throat to gain the attention of the two canoodlers. “Frankie!” Lemon’s voice a little more excited than need be, “I wanted you to meet Niila, he just moved to Anchor Bay. He’s an exchange student. I think you two would really get along.” Her attention then moved to Claire, “And that’s Claire.” Her tone less excited and full of disinterest. She was still looking for her giant friend as she introduced the pair to her new friend. Lemon was excited to show Levi her favorite spot in the whole camp and once he arrived, she was going to do that.

Mention(s): LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki Interaction(s): Myling Myling Qwertycakes Qwertycakes r e i r e i

MOOD: excited; worried

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Carson)

Dazzle Dazzle (Astraea)

r e i r e i (Isa)

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Artemis)

Dazzle Dazzle (Reid)

tags
TL;DR
He was supposed to be a counselor....
tl;dr
Hassim Alsani
in the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself
Hassim had spent the last week socializing with the same people he had formally met at the summer festival and honestly it made him feel less alone. And despite him joking about them helping him unpack his apartment, he hadn't invited them yet. A little scared as to what they would of thought of him as a person who struggled to establish in his new residence. He had gotten an excuse to stall them for the week as he had volunteered to supervise the camp activities. All three of his new acquaintances had made the interest on meeting Mack and making him the hostess at least one time around, but he couldn't bring himself to give them his address and open the door. That made the move more permanent and Hassim didn't think that he was ready for that. But he'd eventually need to accept it.

Alongside being a lifeguard, Hassim found himself volunteering at the community center teaching swim classes to the younger children, running a music room for the older kids, and a ton of other activities. When he first arrived to Anchor Bay and got the job, he found himself signing up for a lot of the events related to the center like the camp and he was excited for it. It was an easy way for him to get integrated in the community without trying too hard. However, after reading and hearing stories about the camp in previous years, Hassim wasn't really looking forward to it. He just wanted something simple, at this point he was willing to let Astraea, Carson, and Artemis in his home.

He had been at the camp since yesterday, greeting early arrivals and getting the senior and junior counselors set up with their classes, partners, and activities. Hassim was moving at a perfect pace, nothing seemed to be crashing or burning, yet. But then he heard about counselors doings things in their tents, someone may have been drinking, and something else and Hassim could feel control slipping out of his hands. It didn't help that he was also on Twitter and Artemis seemed to be going through some type of crisis. Artemis was drunk but saying he wasn't drunk, however, Hassim knew. How could Hassim not know? His father was an abusive drunk for a majority of his life, he would know the signs and behavior.

Hassim wanted to text Artemis, or maybe Carson, maybe Astraea, but he wasn't sure if that was his place. He wanted to help and make sure that they youngest out of their new group was doing okay. He wasn't fooled by Astraea's attempt to take the blame for some of Artemis's twitter debacle; in the time that he had known them, Astraea had never acted that way but he let them have it. Hopefully, the girls were figuring out what was going on with that kid.

For the next hour Hassim focuses on doing his job as a head supervisor, making sure that it was running smoothly. He notices that the dining hall had run a little behind and he assigns a few people to pick up the slack. He had learned his lesson. Never assign Reid and Isa to do the same job, I'm pretty sure nobody warned him on purpose. And speak of the devil, Hassim's eyes land on . Reid! I asked you to serve food! Not to just one person. Hassim makes no room to hear what the kid has to stay and instead points him back towards the dining hall. God, he knew they were teenagers but he didn't know they were bunnies.

He continues to direct the camp alongside the other adults before deciding to take a break of his own. The camp was almost completely surrounded by trees, a small opening allowing for a view over a small lake. Hassim had picked the spot out earlier as a place to sit down and enjoy some quiet time. With his lunch in his hand and his phone open to twitter – to figure out if Artemis is okay – the camp supervisor makes his way to a bench that sat overlooking the glossy sheet of water. What Hassim wasn't expecting was for somebody to already be occupying the wooden park bench. It takes him a minute to realize who it was and confusion is basically painted on the lifeguard's face.

Artemis? Hassim lays his hand on the younger male's shoulder, hoping to gently get his attention. Artemis, are you okay? What the hell was he supposed to do now.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Playful

OUTFIT: https://i.ibb.co/23b7RYh/057-ED09-C-8-B4-B-4779-B0-E9-278-C7-CB60707.jpg

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR The gremlins discuss the possibility of Ashley hoe-ing it out
tl;dr
Ashley Park
I can feel us slip away, you're almost gone

Ashley was having the time of her fucking life this summer. Sure she hadn't spent as much time with her best friend as she might have liked but who really gave a shit? She didn't need Dustin. She didn't need any boy really. So he could run along with his sweet little girlfriend and leave Ashley be. Besides, there was only one reason she'd decided to go back to camp this year. Ivy Dawkins.

To prepare for this occasion, Ashley had made the trip to buy some cheap alcohol. Vodka to be more precise. After their foray into day drinking at the fair, Ash had found herself almost looking forward to next chance to get buzzed. A year ago she never would've considered drinking, but now it felt like the solution to her woes. It made her feel pretty damn close to happy. Some might say she was making bad choices which was probably true. But also bullshit. Good choices were for people like Dustbin who could get into some dumb Ivy League school, and find a similarly sheltered bitch to marry until they inevitably divorced at age 50. They weren't for people like her, who had realized how pointless it was to attempt happiness when it all ended anyway.

And that was why she liked Ivy so much. Ivy was a kindred spirit. To her. They could just have fun and not worry about each other’s feelings or matters like friendship. When their relationship eventually fizzled out like most do, she knew there’d be no hard feelings on either parties side.

Reaching for the zipper of the tent, she grinned at being the first one there. That meant dibs on everything. Too lazy to set up an air mattress, she merely reclined on the floor of the tent, only propping herself up by her elbows when her roommate entered. With a wicked grin, she began their usual rapport. “Oh, tell me you didn’t start a forest fire without me!” She gasped in mock horror, her voice an odd mixture of southern/transatlantic.

code by valen t.

scroll

angry puppy

Niila.

mood

Uninterested

outfit

forest campgrounds

interactions

Lemon, Frankie, Claire

I’m not interested at all
, was the current thought on Niila’s mind. At first it had been a mood about this whole exchange program, but lately it had switched to be just his opinion about the camping trip. Niila was no hillbilly or nature person. In fact he had lived his whole life in a big city, or at least in as big of a city as you could find from Finland: Helsinki. He had thought that life would continue like that in the States too, but he had thought wrong. Anchor Bay turned out to be a sort of small place, he had to say goodbye to his ideas about living in places like New York or Los Angeles.

Instead it was this damn small place, and now some of the inhabitants of it had decided to go camping together.. However Niila wouldn’t let the fact of living temporarily in a small place bother him. He would enjoy his exchange student life to the fullest: make friends, gain new experiences and lose his virginity. However he wasn’t sure if American girls would be interested in a small sized dude like him. There was also the option of dating guys, but because of his size and boyish look he attracted these tall and muscular douchebags. And then there was the fact of him being straight.. right. Why in the hell did he even think about this? Niila shaked his head in disappointment as he finished packing his stuff. Lemon would probably be already waiting for him.

Niila was correct about that. Lemon, the daughter of his host family, was indeed waiting for him and seemed excited about the camping trip. “Yo, hopefully you didn’t need to wait for too long.” Niila grinned. He had talked a lot with Lemon before arriving in the States so she almost felt like a friend. Lemon was a nice girl and extremely friendly. At first Niila had thought she was just fake. Who would be constantly so friendly and cheerful? Maybe it was just a cultural thing. Weren’t Americans polite people, always saying stuff like bless you and using the word ‘please’ while asking for something? In Finland people openly avoided each other and just spoke shortly, which probably would seem like a rude thing to do for foreigners. Niila started to get lost in his thoughts as the two of them left.

The trip to the camp was not anything amazing. But as soon as they arrived, Lemon pulled Niila behind her, which surprised him. The girl’s voice was full of joy. She was saying there was someone, a dude called Frankie or something, that she wanted to introduce to him. Apparently Niila would love him. “Okayy, I’m excited”, he lied. If anything went as usual, Niila and Frankie would hate each other. Niila was a quiet guy who needed a lot of personal space. To some it was a sign of cold and rude nature. Soon Lemon and Neela were faced with a pair who looked to be about the same age. The guy Frankie, Lemon had mentioned and a girl called Claire. For some reason Lemon didn’t seem that interested about meeting Claire. “Heyy, nice to meet new people! So far I only know Lemon and her family.” Niila looked both of them into their eyes, but didn’t bother to fake a smile.

♡coded by uxie♡

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Myling Myling

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

[/COMMENT]
tags
tl;dr
Danielle Henderson
My life would stop when you’re away

“Juni!” Dani moaned, as the little girl pulled on her hair. She should have known that it wouldn’t be a good idea to let her daughter ride piggyback while she was still groggy.

Sliding into shotgun, she reclined the seat so she could safely place Juni in her own seat. She glanced back at Dex, signaling that they ought to get a move on to Juno and Aisha.

The rest of the car ride was kind of a blur. Juni blabbered on to her father, and only acknowledged her mother to pour when when Dani shut down her request to read the Greg books so Dex wouldn’t have to go through the struggle of turning their daughter down.

As they reached the campgrounds, Dani exited the car, grabbing Juni into her arms, and copying Dex’s signature move of covering her little face in kisses. “Are you ready to see where mommy and daddy would spend their summers?” She questioned. Juni, nodded happily, although she was mainly preoccupied in getting her Greg book back.

Walking ahead of the other adults, The Henderson girls reached the tents where they would all be residing. Dani could only chuckle, thinking back to the trouble she’d get into in her older days at camp.

And now she was the adult. With an actual kid. Make it make fucking sense.

As Dex, Juno, and Aisha joined the two, she set Juni down to go play with their other companions. Walking over to Dex, she leaned in for a quick kiss on the cheek. “Geez can you believe we’re back?” She questioned the two guys. “We were what, 18 when we last visited? It’s nuts.”
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back