• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Wayward Sons [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here

CaptainSully

🤘🏻Master of Puppets🤘🏻
Introduction

The gist of this RP is that it'll be based in the world of Supernatural. The player characters and NPCs will all be OC's although there will be references to, and the occasional cameo of much love characters.

In this version of the world that Chuck created the Winchester's didn't exist but many of the same events have transpired but have been resolved by a small band of hunters called the Wayward Sons. The RP will work much like the TV series, going from hunt to hunt with an overarching plot like a big bad demon for example. This is still to be decided. In terms of the hunts, I may open these up to players to run if anyone is interested just so it isn't me completely running the show.

In terms of characters, all will need to be normal humans so no angels, demons, witches, ghosts, monsters or hybrid's. There isn't a need to know everything or even anything about Supernatural or the creatures within the universe but please don't claim your character is a fountain of knowledge if you're not in real life. It'd be much better and fitting if you lack knowledge to have have an inexperienced hunter.

Even though the group is called Wayward Sons, it isn't exclusive to males so all genders welcome. Romance is fine as is having some characters be related. Also just to say now, real life face claims only.

In other news, there may be character deaths if I feel that it suits the situation but there will be ways to bring characters back if someone really doesn't want their character to die. If someone is happy to have a character die then obviously they can create another. People who show this sort of flexibility may be allowed to have some flex on the creation rules e.g. Angels, witches etc.

The Wayward Sons

I will expand on this later but I just wanted to get a few points down so you can start with your characters:

• Operate out of a bunker very similar to that of the Men of Letters.
• The location of the HQ is just outside Belle Fourche, South Dakota.
• The HQ will act as a hub between hunts to allow character interaction.
• Facilities include a vast armoury, an even bigger library, all standard amenities, individual rooms for each character as well as meeting rooms, canteens etc. Feel free to suggest ideas to expand it.

Characters

So before I create the actual character page I would like people to create their CS' on this page. That way we are only getting the finished article put on the CS page. The CS form is below and while it is basic, that is just to accomodate all levels of BBCode knowledge. That being said, I do like a pretty CS!

Character Sheet

Name: (First and last names with any middle names or nicknames also)
Age: (Minimum age is 18 while maximum is anything reasonable. By reasonable I mean no 85 year old hunters. However an 85 year old knowledge expert would be acceptable.
Gender: (Male, female or however you identifies...its cool)
Sexuality: (As above, however your character identifies)
Race: Human (this cannot be changed)
Appearance: (Real face claims only, no art or any kind. Feel free to write a written description also)
Height: (Just to help visualise characters)
Weight: (See height)
Years of Hunting Experience: (How many years has your character been a hunter? This should represent your own knowledge of the show and its lore. If you know nothing, this should basically be months. If you know everything including the names of every extra then decades is what i'd expect.)
Specialty: (Maybe your character is technically gifted, a fountain of monster knowledge or just a musclebound brute)
Dislikes: (Same as above but for dislikes)
Personality: (Describe your characters personality in a few words or few paragraphs)
Background: (What is your characters background before they became a hunter?)
Why Did They Join?: (Why did your character join the Wayward Sons?)
Preferred Weapon: (While they have access to a full arsenal of weaponry, which does your character always carry?)
Keepsakes: (A small array of items that your character has)
Theme: (Not everyone "gets" this, but I do. I love a character theme. So if you want one, feel free. Can I suggest it is in keeping with the 70s/80s rock/metal theme?)

Hunts

At the start of each chapter there will be a variety of hunts on offer and I would hope that multiple hunts will take place at a time rather than everyone jumping into the same. We will see how this goes when we get started.
[/u]

Last edited:
Huzzah! This is my first thread on RPNation. So bear with me and if I'm doing something wrong just let me know!
Name: Cyrus "Old Man" Kelly
Sexuality: Ace
Race: Human
Appearance: Sam Elliott
sam-elliott-oscar-spotlight.jpg
Height: 6'
Weight: 190lb
Years of Hunting Experience: 5 years
Specialty: Investigation, spying/surveillance
Dislikes: Crowded places, spiders, paperwork
Personality: A nihilistic stoic known for taking dangerous risks while hunting. Dedicated to the hunt bordering on being a zealot. Will always put the mission first.
Background: A former Police Detective, Cyrus killed a creature that reverted to a human form on death. "Unarmed Civilian killed by Police Officer" was all over the news and he was fired from the force. Flash forward and Cyrus makes a meager living as a Private Investigator. While he snapped pictures of cheating spouses and bail jumpers during the day, at night he would search for more creatures like the one that cost him his job and pension.
Why Did They Join?: Finally, after years of searching, he had another supernatural encounter. Just as he was about to be slaughtered, members of the Wayward Sons arrived and saved his butt. Finding out there were others who knew about these sorts of things he quickly joined them. He blames the supernatural for stealing his life from him and he's going to let out all that repressed rage on them.
Preferred Weapon: Two M1911 pistols loaded with silver bullets, Taser (ranged), collapsable baton
Keepsakes: Handcuffs, a stolen police badge, a handheld radio (police) scanner, lighter, wallet-size photo of Noir
Theme: Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Last edited:
Name: Chanson Bourbon

Sexuality: Homosexual

Appearance:
lSO6FNhlBIOgA89EfAOjKnhjunXIb1gbF_Ktzfx9Nzu36K1VuK8-UXWfMOA-Lfcsd3W_JwWXc375Gs9pvAmcqt-f7mG0dLnOp_5Oo7HAbMfShS8TctcVTS4-TODZSCZGV4cH_jjc

Height: 5 feet 10 inches

Weight: 145

Years of Hunting Experience: 4 years

Specialty: Monster Lore

Dislikes: Demons, Vampires, Expensive Clothes, Small Towns, Big Cities

Personality:
Compassionate
Empathetic
Charming
Supportive
Creative
Daring

Background:

Prior to becoming a Hunter, Chanson was a still not a normal person as he was raised by a witch. While the woman wasn’t his real mother, she had taken him in and raised him as her own son. In the small town they called home, Eleanor was something of a physician to the residents and sold home remedies to cure their ailments. Aside from that part of his life Chanson had a normal childhood and grew up with average human problems.

Things went sour, however, when a demon arrived in their town and attempted to employ Eleanor’s magic. The demon desired a spell to hide him from his enemies, but Eleanor never worked with or for demons and refused the creature her services. Deciding that he wouldn’t give up, the demon remained in town for several days and each day he killed one person. Word spread of a serial killer and the local news eventually reported the killings. Like flies to honey, hunters hurried to the town, hot on the tail of their demon. At the time Chanson had just graduated high school and was helping his mother with her business, as well as studying monster lore from some old books she had collected. When the hunters finally arrived, Chanson and Eleanor teamed up with them to bring down the demon that plagued their small town. Unfortunately their finally showdown with the hellspawn, Eleanor sacrificed herself to protect Chanson from the demon’s dying attack. Along with the hunters, Chanson finished off the demon and buried his mother.

After a few months he contacted the hunters once more with an interest in becoming one of them. His mother’s business was failing without her and he couldn’t bear to remain in their old house alone. So he became an apprentice under a hunter named, Alphonse. He finally put his monster knowledge to use and spent the next 4 years learning to hunt alongside his mentor. Then the old man retired and Chanson was left alone. He went out in search of a new team to belong to and found, The Wayward Sons.

Why Did They Join?: To be part of a family.

Preferred Weapon: Crossbow or Longbow

Keepsakes: Bestiary, Mother’s Grimoire, Protective Charm

Theme: Sweet Dreams

Attachments

• 1581336778311.png
    1581336778311.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
Name: Tyler Vernion ( Ty)
Sexuality: bi
Appearance: 2aaa69e073c001a52299b78e6653989d.jpg
Height:
5'6
Weight: 165
Years of Hunting Experience: 2
Specialty: Languages
Dislikes: uptight people, being talked down to, raccoons, pop music, Cities
Personality: Ty has a very kept to herself personality and can come off as a cold person, She is very blunt and to the point when it comes to most things. Loves to flirt.
Background: Ty was born into a family of "hippies" as they were called, Hunters were not as accepted in her parents time. She was homeschooled and unlike other children reading green eggs and ham she was reading Irish lore. Her family traveled a lot due to their lifestyle. She grew up with lots of "uncles", people who also hunted. She never really fit in in a public school due to her tastes tainted by hanging around her father and uncles. She is a very confident person when she is comfortable and stubborn as a bull when she has to be which isn't always for the better. She stays in regular contact with her family as they don't live the hunter lifestyle anymore, but they serve as Tys information hub. Living on the road makes a serious relationship hard, but she is very picky and has had only 1 serious relationship which she had to end after being called crazy and everything else after telling him about hunting.
Why Did They Join?: The family had once been in the hunter business, wants to travel
Preferred Weapon: Knife in her boot, Colt 1911 on her side concealed
Keepsakes: Necklace her dad gave her for her 5th birthday, Her dogs tooth on a choker
Theme: Turn the page - Bob Seger

Last edited:
Farmgirl310 Farmgirl310 she's accepted.

I'll look to get a post up this weekend so we can begin. To give more time for people to join the first chapter will be based at the HQ so we can have some character interaction.

I am up to date with Supernatural, meaning I seen all the episodes ever made and I am current with the show, but I would like to play a newbie hunter.

Name: Nova Chén
Sexuality: Pansexual
Appearance:
9fnLSIJ.jpg

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 154 lbs
Years of Hunting Experience: 4 months
Specialty: None
Likes: Action movies, the color blue, gum, singing, chocolate, dancing, working out
Dislikes: Liars, pickles, being sick, cigarettes, waking up late, being too hot/cold
Personality: Nova isn't one to just give up, she's very tenacious (perseverant). She won't stop until she accomplishes whatever it is. And even though she's vindictive she is as sweet as a pea. She's compassionate and gentle to a fault. But don't' take it as a weakness, because she is beyond weak. She is unpredictable, not just in her mood but in the choices she makes. You'd never be able to pin her down unless you think of every possible situation, choice, and mood. And even then she might surprise you. She usually tells things how it is, she doesn't like beating around the bush. Even her delivery is a bit tactless. To no true fault of her own she is arrogant, she thinks she's the sh*t. Not necessarily Gods gift, but she does have an arrogant streak. But despite all this she is loyal to her friends, to those who stick by her. Nova's daring personality goes hand in hand with her ambition. She's driven in both hunting and her relationships. And top off this whirlwind of a personality she's quite confident. You won't ever catch her slipping.
Background: Nova had a pretty normal life despite being an orphan. Nothing exciting ever happened until her adoptative family who had no children of their own had died. And being the only living relative, she received their home, cars and whatever else they had. One day after moving into her old childhood home because it was bigger and better than the apartment she's been staying, she went through her parents' things. She's found a journal through pure luck that detailed the supernatural. She didn't believe any of it and just put back where she found it and kept shifting through their things. She either sold or got rid of most of the stuff except for the journal. She figured she hold onto to because they went through great lengths to hide it so it must be important. A few months later she had stumbled upon a secret room in the house, filled all sorts of strange things (hunter items). Nova didn't know what to do, she thought her parents were some sort of crazed assassins. She went and told her best friend about this, who she did not know was a hunter and apart of the Wayward sons, who told Nova she'll come over later. When her best friend showed up, they talked pretty much all day and night. Eventually, Nova joined up with the group after an near death experience in which her best friend saved her.
Why Did They Join?: To learn about this hidden world of her adoptive parents
Preferred Weapon: Blades of all kinds, mainly knives
Keepsakes: An old looking necklace her adoptive parents gifted her on her 16th birthday (a protective charm that she doesn't know about)
Theme:

Last edited:
CS page is now up. Feel free to move your characters over if you have been accepted.

Name: Emory Edgar Silvers, Em, Emy
Sexuality: Pansexual
Appearance:
original.jpg
Height: 5'8
Weight: 182lbs
Years of Hunting Experience: 4 years
Specialty: Hunter/Muscle
Likes: His sister, Sweets, Action, comics, collecting, sleep
Dislikes: Chores, bitter, stagnation, politics, wasting resources, Monsters, His own faults
Personality: Emory is pretty easy going about almost anything except when it comes to his twin sister Emora. He is very much afflicted by a sister complex that has nothing to do with losing the rest of their family.
Background: Originally Emory had no idea about ghosts, vampires, wraiths, or all the other things that went bump in the dark until a weird dare from some of his buddies to go into a haunted house and find the ghost that lived there and take video, If it hadn't been for a man from Wayward Sons he would have died that night as there had indeed been a powerful and deranged spector living there. After that night during the day he was a normal 16 1/2 year old with a twin sister and younger sister a mom that was a bit of a hippie and a dad that was a bit of a scholor and after hours he would be trained in the basic knowledge that came with monster hunting. It wasn't until a few months after he turned 17 and had taken out a solo vamp that he found his parents already dead in their bedroom and little sister Emilia being eaten, Emora tied up and lined up to be next. He killed the vamp but it was already too late for Emilia, now all he had left was his twin sis and the guilt he felt for bringing the monsters home with him.
Why Did They Join?: Emory was getting really tired of living on the road, even though he loved monster hunting somewhere along the way he realized how dangerous it was for his sister who was more into the research than the fights unlike him. He didn't have any safe place to stash her when he went on solo missions either and there had been too many close calls where she had been kidnapped or used for bait to lure him into traps by the very monsters they were hunting. He remembered the guy who had saved and taught him a few things the night he found out about the monsters and decided to give him a call to see if he had any ideas for where they could put down a bit more stable foundation and was told about Wayward Sons.
Preferred Weapon:
15GRBUNWGTRMCHTJRCUT_is
2-mrde357l5imb.jpg
Keepsakes:
rBVaSFvJNOSAVwgEAADhhJE1kTA236.jpg
A1BPpmJ1W-L._SL1500_.jpg
Theme:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Emora Elizabeth Silvers, Ema, Mora
Sexuality: Demisexual
Appearance:
354fe50263eb6f8c964d9168847e6bc4.jpg
Height: 5'8
Weight: 162lbs
Years of Hunting Experience: 3 years
Specialty: Men of Letters/Research
Likes: Her brother, Sweets, Reading, Sleep(when she manages to get any), D&D, computers
Dislikes: Laziness, bitter, Monsters, Nightmares,
Personality: Emora is very anxious all the time, Finds relaxing hard to do after their family's deaths, Diligent, workoholic, studious, sarcastic
Background: Originally Emora had no idea about ghosts, vampires, wraiths, or all the other things that went bump in the dark until a night she would never erase from her mind. She came home late from her friends house to find a monstrous scene. Her parents being tore into by a strange person with horrifying rows of teeth that belonged to no human. Knowing that her parents were dead instinct told her to find her sister and brother asap. Emora ran for Emilia's room and found her hiding in the closet, when she did she didn't notice she had already alerted the intruder to her presence. He tied them both up and decided he wanted the youngest first because it would be more "fresh". So he left Emora tied up and lined up to be next. As the monster bint into her little sisters throat savagely her twin brother appeared, he was crouched and quiet with a machete she had never seen in his hand. He killed the vamp but it was already too late for Emilia, now all she had left was her twin Emory and the fear and anguish she felt from watching the rest of her family dying and almost dying herself.
Why Did They Join?: Emora was stuck with her brother with no other place to go and him seeking his death almost everyday, how could she leave him?
Keepsakes: She got her fathers favorite book collection they contain everything to do with myth and fantasys as well as his d&d collection, She merged her own wardrobe with her mothers since they were close in sizes,
cute-Rilakkuma-teddy-bear-in-pink-white-rabbit-costume-by-San-X-206323-1.jpg
Theme:

Last edited:
Sure! I'm fine with whatever you'd like to RP with. I figured with our characters it would be some kind of Uncle adoptive or biological. If you had any other ideas just let me know!

Sure! I'm fine with whatever you'd like to RP with. I figured with our characters it would be some kind of Uncle adoptive or biological. If you had any other ideas just let me know!

Okay great! :D I've been thinking about ideas for everyone but I wanted to see what everyone else wanted too. I can see both the adoptive and biological angles. If it was biological, we could say your characters sibling (brother or sister) had place their daughter for adoption so she wouldn't get mixed up with their line of work or even be used against them. Before they died, they wrote your character a letter telling you about your niece. For the adoptive angle, we could say your sibling didn't exactly have a falling out with your Character but they didn't really stay in touch because of their hunter line of work, and personal lives... we could say they just got too busy to keep up the relationship between them. And when they died with their spouse, you were alerted through the hunter community and through normal means (like the lawyers or something).

Which one do you like better?

I really like the biological Uncle idea. We can say I was your Father's brother. I was keeping tabs on you as per their request and when you discovered these secrets about your parents I stepped in to help explain and prepare you for what your parents had tried to protect you from. THE HUNT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back