• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Way in the Past... Somewhere Else [Star Wars]

OOC Discord?

• yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noil

cursed with ideas
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Five years after the conclusion of the galaxy-wide conflict known as the "Clone Wars," stricter control has settled over the galaxy under the ever-tightening fist of the newly christened Galactic Empire. Citizens of this new empire have begun questioning the amount of faith and control they were all too eager to turn over in the face of the failure of the Senate to maintain peace, some more than others. Some are content to suffer through their new reality, but others have a bleaker outlook on what will become of the galaxy if things are allowed to continue as-is and have resolved to do what they can to limit the accumulation of power into the Emperor's hands.

It is to this end our small group has formed. The goal - to track down objects of or relating to Force power that have been abandoned or forgotten since the fall of the Jedi order. To acquire such objects before the Empire can obtain them for their own use, and to evaluate the items for containment or destruction.

If this seems like a barely-thought-out idea, that's because it is! This is the result of brainstorming how to throw our characters together and seeing what stuck. The basic premise is a kind of ruins-exploring, authority-avoiding, episodic-missions type group of hodge-podge characters working together for a common goal. It could stand to be more fleshed out, but it will be good to flesh out as we get characters in and rework it to fit. This is not a first come-first serve joining, but instead we'll look at your character idea and see if it jives with the setting we have in mind. Ideas welcome!

We're planning on kicking things off with a mysterious informant from the Empire reaching out to hire people to recover an artifact before the Imps can get their hands on it.

RP being co-run by myself ( noil noil ) and Hiuly ( Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon )! Our friend @Silver_Moon will be joining us as well. Direct your questions/requests to us! My DMs are always open to story stuff (:

Character ideas we're working on:
noil noil -- Karine Talyll is a member of a clan of Mandalorian Protectorates on Arpat’ika. She had actually walked away from her clan near the end of the Clone Wars, having grown frustrated with the bloodthirsty turn her clan had taken as they became caught up in the doctrine of Death Watch. Two years prior to this rp, though, she stumbled upon Kohvee Arur'ukr, a lone Jedi Padawan barely scraping by, and despite the age-old animosity between their peoples took pity on him and brought him back to her clan. Their numbers much diminished by war and the Purges, they folded him in as a foundling.

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon -- Zola Evere‘t had always known who she was - until she failed the most important exam of her life. Instead, she got whisked off to the agricorps of the Jedi temple. Disliking that way of life, she decided to run away. Ending up on the streets, she resorted to stealing to survive, getting really good at disguised as a result to not get caught.

@Silver_Moon -- Onyx the Loth Cat was abandoned by their old family for being "too high maintenance". Thankfully Zola picked them up on the streets and Onyx has since then helped her survive.

base bbcode by @Ambiloquous

We're planning on kicking things off with a mysterious informant from the Empire reaching out to hire people to recover an artifact before the Imps can get their hands on it.

Okay, so are the PCs working for the Imperials or against them?

I'm assuming this is the RP that Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon had been talking about in another chat I was in. I had already brought up my Twi'lek pirate/smuggler character. They just need to be modernized to the setting as they were written for settings a few thousand years BBY. But her core characteristics would be that:
A) She's a space pirate working for the Hutt Cartel
B) She hates Jedi and Sith equally. Dealing with them in any means is flight or fight.

This is HER as is. But like I said, her gear and ship need updating to the setting. Outside of inappropriate equipment, would this character work for your RP?

I'm assuming this is the RP that Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon had been talking about in another chat I was in. I had already brought up my Twi'lek pirate/smuggler character. They just need to be modernized to the setting as they were written for settings a few thousand years BBY. But her core characteristics would be that:
A) She's a space pirate working for the Hutt Cartel
B) She hates Jedi and Sith equally. Dealing with them in any means is flight or fight.

This is HER as is. But like I said, her gear and ship need updating to the setting. Outside of inappropriate equipment, would this character work for your RP?
Yup. That’s the one I was talking about, hehe

As to your question about for or against, it’s going to be more of a group of in between, so if they pay well, they’d definitely at least think about it

well for this set up it would be against, "have resolved to do what they can to limit the accumulation of power into the Emperor's hands." The Informant is passing off leads to them on objects of interest, trying to keep stuff like Temple records and Sith holocrons out of the Empire's clutches. If they were to find something that the Empire thinks is valuable but that they deem safe, they could consider selling it off, but there would be danger there since they're likely going to get the ISB and such on their tails pretty easily.

Twi'lek pirate/smuggler character. Outside of inappropriate equipment, would this character work for your RP?
I'd expect there would be some conflict of interest as a pirate type is going to be in it for the $$ while these guys are more of a fight-the-power for the good of the galaxy type, but conflict of interest can make things interesting so if you think it could work then a team could always use some skirting the law expertise onboard

Howdy! I've got a plethora of star wars characters I think could fit right into this group, put me down as interested for sure.

well for this set up it would be against, "have resolved to do what they can to limit the accumulation of power into the Emperor's hands." The Informant is passing off leads to them on objects of interest, trying to keep stuff like Temple records and Sith holocrons out of the Empire's clutches. If they were to find something that the Empire thinks is valuable but that they deem safe, they could consider selling it off, but there would be danger there since they're likely going to get the ISB and such on their tails pretty easily.
Well, if not selling it off, what exactly IS the group expected to do with all these artifacts? Just from a plot/logistics standpoint: Why would the informant be passing along such delicate information to a group, knowing full well that if they are successful that they will be in the possession of a whole lot of highly coveted and dangerous stuff. Taking it out of the Emperor's hands only does the idealist any good if it doesn't fall into worse or equally evil hands, ya know? What guarantee is it that the PCs are going to keep that from happening?

I'd expect there would be some conflict of interest as a pirate type is going to be in it for the $$ while these guys are more of a fight-the-power for the good of the galaxy type, but conflict of interest can make things interesting so if you think it could work then a team could always use some skirting the law expertise onboard
Conflict of interest is always good, I think. As long as it doesn't derail the overall story. A motely gang with differing backgrounds and ambitions definitely makes for a more interesting cast. But then you have to have a really good plot mechanic to band them together. Cheesy tropes like Star Wars: Rebels crews are a bit overplayed, imo. Too many obvious archetypes. But I mean, the show is for kids, so I don't hold it against them (too much).

There are some questions I have before I even attempt a re-write.

1) Is there already an established ship?
I ask because as she is, Nabrina is a captain of a pirate crew. So depending on what exactly is going on with this RP, I need to figure out ship status and what she's doing here.

2) Will there be heavy Jedi/Sith interactions?
I get that they are hunting down holocrons and junk. No biggie. But actual Sith/Jedi interactions aren't something she's too hot on doing. Especially if it's on the regular. I realize Star Wars being what it is, this will likely be a big deal breaker for her. So I may have to just drum up a whole new character?

3) Do I have to make a "good" character?
Regardless of whether I can continue with Nabrina or make a new character altogether, I'm still not really into RPing as altruistic characters. So, fighting the good fight for the sake of the galaxy isn't exactly an exciting motivator for character creation for me. Just the bare bones of an alternate character could be a Zabrak or Nautolan that is an escaped convict or some kind of trader steeped in the black market/slave trade, etc. Someone unsavory in demeanor and reputation but is there with the rest if the gang because they are useful for their contacts. But going back to my initial concern: They'd have to have a good reason to be there. Selling these artifacts for profit seems the easiest course of reward. But it could be something more complicated, or long-game. I dunno, thoughts?

Well, if not selling it off, what exactly IS the group expected to do with all these artifacts? Just from a plot/logistics standpoint: Why would the informant be passing along such delicate information to a group, knowing full well that if they are successful that they will be in the possession of a whole lot of highly coveted and dangerous stuff.
These are the kinds of questions I had in mind when I threw out "If this seems like a barely-thought-out idea, that's because it is!" XD
No but they are valid though, haha. They're gonna want to contain or dispose of the stuff if it's too dangerous to let go. The Informant probably doesn't completely trust them to start with, but they're desperate and anything is better than their bosses in their eyes.

There are some questions I have before I even attempt a re-write.
1. There is not. Karine has one, but I wasn't going to stuff everyone on there if someone else wanted to take that responsibility. That being said, we do not need an entire crew of NPCs for this. It's not a big-scale battles type framework, more like a little elite team of people zipping in and out of places. If it helps visualize the concept, this idea was directly influenced by me being excited by the trailer for Jedi: Survivor releasing so that's the kind of set up the story I've proposed is inspired by. We'll hopefully have more people on crew than that depending on who joins but yeah.

2. Well I mean Zola and Kohvee are what they are so there's them at least, haha. That being said the Jedi as an order are no more, and I don't have any plans currently to have us encounter any canons or other hold outs. We might run into the Inquisitors at some point if they catch on to what we're up to, but that'll just kind of depend on what direction this takes, and they aren't real Sith anyway.

3. Not necessarily. I'm not going to write your character's motivations for you, but they don't have to be pure of heart or whatever for this to work. There can be reasons to want to get rid of this stuff other than just "Empire evil" such as "this big organized religion wrecked the galaxy we need to wipe out traces of it" which would conflict with our ex-Jedi people but can they really disagree at this point? or a political route "I was Separatist and don't like this centralized government amassing power" But bottom line is I don't want to spend the whole rp with our people fighting each other, we already have an antagonist; and I'm not ready to try and manage a betrayal kind of situation down the line.

edit to delete my last comment bc it definitely came across as bitchy and isn't really called for by this thread specifically

Last edited:
trailer for Jedi: Survivor
okay, thanks for answering (I took a break from rpN today to work on my Lego millennium falcon I got for my 18th birthday, hehe)

Also what’s this Jedi:Survivor you’re talking about and how come I never heard of it ?!?

okay, thanks for answering (I took a break from rpN today to work on my Lego millennium falcon I got for my 18th birthday, hehe)

Also what’s this Jedi:Survivor you’re talking about and how come I never heard of it ?!?
It’s a new Jedi fallen order game coming out!

Also Im interested!

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon Sequel to Fallen Order! aka the best Star Wars video game (sorry kotor)
Nothing will beat republic commando

Also I’m assuming mandalorians will be fine? Thinking of a mandalorian or something else like making a bounty hunter.

Nothing will beat republic commando

Also I’m assuming mandalorians will be fine? Thinking of a mandalorian or something else like making a bounty hunter.
Haha fair enough! XD

Mandos are fine! My character Karine is Mandalorian.

Mando Crusaders were best the Mandos. Of course, back then they were strictly the Taung race.

Hello there...

Been off-site for a few months, lurking here and there, but this thread has definitely caught my attention.

I'd love to toss a character into this.

I am thinking a Matukai that is trying to learn alter abilities or Jensaarai that elected to forgo use of lightsaber in favor of electroswords but modified his armor with mandalorian Crushgaunts.

The point would be make a non traditional force user that wants to get away from all prior force based organization teachings

they seem cool! only thing I'd worry about is we have a really simple concept and I would be concerned that you would feel your ideas weren't being totally utilized or addressed, or feel out of place

they seem cool! only thing I'd worry about is we have a really simple concept and I would be concerned that you would feel your ideas weren't being totally utilized or addressed, or feel out of place
The Jensaarai character would have been the more complicated of the two. I think I’ll roll with the Matukai.

ok! feel free to hop in the ooc if you want to throw ideas around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back