• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Roffles

Welcome, young pirate, to the world of One Piece!

Bvy7gy8.png

Here, you shall be exposed to an age of romanticism filled with adventure and piracy. No prior knowledge of the One Piece world is needed, but if any one feel like reading up, you may access this site: One Piece

Premise:

0IE4sW6.jpg

Over half a decade has passed since the last Pirate King roamed the seas. Monkey D. Luffy and his band of merry men were notorious throughout the world for traversing the mysterious Grand Line, conquering the New World and obtaining the truth about the origins of both the World Government and the network of sailors who call themselves, Pirates. Towards the end of his journey, Luffy had obtained the respect of many islands and focused his attention on cleaning up the seas of those who he deemed to be 'bad'. However, although he managed to rid the world of many evil Pirates and Marines alike, the world inevitably keeps turning and history continues to repeat itself in the form of new dreamers setting sail onto the greatest sea in the world. Not long after he ascended to the seat of Pirate King, the greatest crew in the world simply vanished. Without a trace or word, there was nobody left alive who could account for the whereabouts of the Straw-Hats, some hypothesized that in order to live a peaceful life the Straw-Hats had took it upon themselves to flee to Raftel, or one of the Sky-Islands, where they would forever remain undisturbed till the end of their days. On the year of the turtle, Luffy declared that he had left the greatest treasure ever to have existed, One Piece, in its rightful place, waiting there for the next crew who were destined to become the new kings of the sea. Ushering the world into the next era, whispers float through the Grand Line and the Blues, the seat of Pirate-King is once again up for grabs and those who seek power, fame and fortune are once again sailing towards their dreams.

The race for One Piece has once again, begun.

Introduction:
The ship rocked violently, the crew shouted and screamed, and the scent of fire and smoke permeated the lower decks. Below the din, Fiachra read. Peter died on the pages, and Fiachra wondered if he too would die here. Taken before his time, mourned by those he left behind, by his mother and father, his childhood sweetheart Gianna, his squire Lamont—Peter's death indeed was a thing to be lamented.

The sounds of death subsided, and Fiachra was left alone with the dust of his cell and the chains that bound him within it. The motes swirled in the air, and in it he saw images of a young girl. In a marketplace, she pilfered apples and bread; under the cover of a sprawling forest, a large beast chased her, but still she smiled; in a desert necropolis she was held in chains, indignation and rebellion clear in her eyes; on a ship she stared wistfully toward the horizon. Her death, Fiachra thought would be a tragedy.

“Who keeps treasure in a prison?”

A voice, full of irritation, drew him from his visions. The door to his cell rattled.

“And why is it locked?”

“Uh... most prisons have locked doors, Jet.”

The people on the other side banged and beat at the door in frustration. Eventually, Fiachra heard an exasperated sigh, and a louder thudding noise broke the handle of the door. It swung open and Fiachra saw the people responsible for the noise on the deck: a tall man with a half-smoked cigarette and a girl with indignant eyes.

The man put a hand on the back of his head and looked away, knowing the sort of baggage they had just come across. Jet lacked understanding.

“So... do you know where... the treasure is?” she asked Fiachra. She was positive he didn't. He was in chains, he was emaciated and scarred, and he looked like death. The room smelled of moth-eaten tomes, stale air, and a man who hadn't bathed in weeks.

The man put a hand on her shoulder and leaned down, whispering something into her ear.

“Nicolai, are you an idiot? That's a person. People can't be—”

“He's right,” Fiachra said, knowing what Nicolai had just told her. “It is me.” Jet stared at him incredulously.

“Well,” Nicolai said, “let's get him out of here. We'll figure the rest out on a ship that isn't about to sink.”

And so marked the beginning of their adventure.

forward__to_adventure__by_serain_d63g5ku-pre.jpg

The Dawn Seeker, a noble caravel of ignoble purpose, is manned by Captain Jet, her first mate, Nicolai, and their allies, Fiachra and Dorian (the goat). Aboard the Seeker, they travel across the seas, having adventures, searching for treasure in both ancient and modern islands, and robbing people blind. These three are pirates (Dorian is a goat). They are quite nice people, yes, but they pillage and murder and cause all sorts of havoc. You, too, are a pirate aboard the ship. How you found your way into the hearts of these three and joined up with them is your story to tell—my story to tell is what happens next.

An action/adventure roleplay with selfishness and material wealth as core motivations is the name of the game. Y'all just coast around through the seas, looking for wealth, attractive members of whichever sex strikes your fancy, and nifty artifacts or whatever. It doesn't really matter what you want, the point is that you can have it—by taking it illegally.

This is an adventure roleplay because you will be exploring various locales, from islands with forests to islands with mountains to islands with cities to islands with deserts to islands with tundras to whatever else. The vast sea is, quite literally, the limit. Sometimes you will go where I will you, and other times there will be choices for where the ship heads—no matter what, there will be various things to do in each place. The crew works together for big heists, but also allows for lots of personal whatever-the-fuckery to do what you so please.

Questions and Answers:
We start out with no money and no bounty?
Yes. You are unknown and broke at the start. This RP is about starting as a penniless pirate and seeing how far you can get in the weird and wonderful world of pirating.

Can we get Devil Fruits?!
Yes, but it'll be scaled down to fit the power-level at the start. I'm gonna be strict when it comes to Logias and Mythical Zoans, then we'll stay away from Special Paramecias. Again, you are supposed to start out as rookies. If you mention to me in the OOC that you would like one at some point, you will get probably one at some point.

What canon Races are available?
Everything except Giants, Giant hybrids, and Lunarians. If you wanna create your own race, we can talk about it and we'll see if it'll work.

Can we be Marines?
No. You are pirates. Pirates are fun. This is a pirate RP about pirates. Why would you want to be not-a-pirate? That's just insane.

Why are you starting a One Piece RP again?
People from where I from do not read One Piece. Crazy, I know. So all my thoughts about it tend to stockpile and my mind is not such a spacious area. This is my way of letting out my creative output regarding One Piece. Its either this or me trying to force what I know on unsuspecting non-otakus.

Stat System:
The stat system is comprised of number values that give a rough estimate of how your character is built. Stats are not absolute, and they don't always mean you're impervious to those with lower stats than you. Someone with a speed stat of 100 is still vulnerable to someone with a speed stat of 75. Statistics are only to be mentioned when an attack isn't easily distinguishable as successful or not, and only then will the higher stat win the battle for that singular instance of action.
  • Strength: A measure of your character’s physical force. How much they can lift, carry, how much their blows hurt, etc.
    TIER STAT DESCRIPTION
    1 0 Someone who can’t even move their arm, likely being incapable of movement.
    2 1-5 Capable of supporting one’s body weight, but not much else. Comparable to an infant.
    3 6-10 Lifting a couple books from the library feels like exercise for these guys.
    4 11-20 The strength level you would expect from an average teenager. Maybe 20 push ups is their limit.
    5 21-40 Someone who regularly engages in physical fitness. They can lift slightly above their own body weight.
    6 41-75 Someone who can lift all but the heaviest of objects. They could enter a deadlift contest and place fairly well.
    7 76-100 Someone's who’s as strong as a normal human can naturally be. They can probably pull a car with enough effort.
    8 101-125 Strength at this point begins entering the point of Superhuman. Breaking bones feels like snapping a tree branch.
    9 126-150 Strong enough to lift a small elephant, you can smash through stone as if it were styrofoam.
    10 151-170 Strong enough to carry an African elephant over your head, you can now rival some of the mightiest animals. Picking up trees like bats and tossing larger animals like medicine balls is definitely within your power.
    11 171-189 Steel is no longer as match for you, as you can rip steel doors of their hinges and bend them like cardboard. With the right implements or enough time, you could level a single building on your own.
    12 190-200 Carrying a semi-trailer truck-sized object on your back is no harder than carrying a heavy load of laundry. At this point if you clap hard enough, you could create a sound wave like thunder.
    13 201-215 At this point, you would certainly be strong enough to stop a speeding train, though you would get pushed for some distance. You can stomp hard enough to open holes in the concrete.
    14 216-230 Lifting entire ships above your head is possible with an enormous amount of effort. The surrounding area may begin to shake and rumble from your blows.
    15 231-245 The heaviest creatures in the world are no longer a match for you, nor are the heaviest ships, should they need a lift. You could likely level a small city block in a short time if you felt like tearing through it.
    16 246-260 With your punches alone you could probably create enough wind pressure to repel heavy rainfall and nearby clouds for a small moment. Only the most powerful of heavy machinery could match your strength.

Character Sheet:
Name: What people call you. A name and not a moniker or epithet.
Age: Nothing too young or old. Its not fun seeing the elderly get beaten up; same goes for kids.
Gender: One or the other, but if you have other options, could you let us know?

Race: As long as it makes sense and is workable.
Height and Weight: Since size varies in the One Piece world, its gonna be helpful to have an idea how large or small your character is.

Bounty: 0 Beli

Personality: Tell us what makes you tick.

History: Everyone likes a good story.

Abilities: You are capable of what again? This could be a Devil Fruit, a fight style, or anything of the like. Please don't go overboard though; you guys are rookie pirates.

Stats: All stats will start at 20 points and each player will have 100 points to spend.
  • STR - 20
  • AGI - 20
  • PER - 20
  • DUR - 20
  • WIL - 20
Techniques: No need to fill this up right a way. Its just a place to dump the moves you'll probably repeatedly use over the course of the story.

Inventory: Only the important stuff. Having a picture of your father isn't important to me.

Aru Vinko

6fddcfea087d0f850861a2c8047cfcdf.jpg
"Thanks for letting me join you. I know all I've got is some skill with a bow and all, I really don't know the first thing about how to sail a boat. Hah, this is the tenth pirate crew I've requested to join actually. Anyway, if you need something from me let me know, I'm going to go take a nap..."
  • Name: Aru Vinko
    Race: Human
    Height and Weight: 5'5, 135 lbs
    Bounty: 0 Beli

Appearance Notes:
    Aru looks quite a bit younger than his age, considering his short height, round face, round eyes and just generally youthful appearance. He is used to getting called baby-face and having random old ladies pinching his cheek, and long stopped looking forward to growing up one day.

Personality:
    • Easy-going, laidback, optimistic, humble, lazy, calm, generous, absent-minded
    Aru is usually quite laidback and calm, tempered so by the easy-going life of those in his home village which hasn't changed even after his years in the military. His absent-mindedness has often caused him troubles and scolding in the past. But when he can, he likes to just relax and have conversations with those around him, even strangers. He has never hesitated or shied away from new people, and is often hard to anger, even when being shouted or screamed at. Because he is used to being one of the older kids in his home village, he is also used to casually sharing everything with those around him. His nature is naturally optimistic, though at the same time lazy, preferring to space work and duties out with periods of relaxation since he doesn't like to push himself too hard. Perhaps because it was wisdom passed down from his late grandmother, Aru has always adopted a humble attitude towards everything. He believes that there is always someone out there better, and looks forward to meeting a better archer than himself one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back