• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warriors! Revisiting Nostalgia

EdgyCryptid

Honestly, I never considered roleplaying with Warriors again, mostly due to lack of interest with others. Seeing it here however has really made me excited to try again, but only if others would be interested as well.

I’ve never done one of these interest checks before so please bare with me - I’ve seen so many wonderful cast calls that I wish I could pull off myself, but for now I’m just evaluating what all people would want.

Ideally, I would love to revisit my fanclans from years ago: DuskClan, HazeClan, SwiftClan, and StormClan. I’ve often wanted to change the names around, but nostalgia has made me keep them :)

The premise from these: the world fell to apocalypse, what it was is up for debate since it was twoleg caused. In defense, StarClan had the classic idea of giving cats gifts in order to protect the clans and help them find a newer, safer home. These weren’t like the ones from the books, no, they were far more dramatic. Whether it was something small, like causing the ground to shake, or huge, like bringing down every storm imaginable, the Clans were gifted heroes, and with them they would live on.

Thing is… those cats weren’t normal. Once the need for them passed, the Clans decided it was time to eliminate them, partially in fear of what the Gifteds could do, mostly in the need to control what possibly couldn’t be controlled. Ultimately, they all died, were exiled, or went into hiding. The story picks up multiple generations later, where stories are still told, but Gifteds are a time long past.

Or so it would seem.

New threats are rising, and heroes are needed again. Only StarClan doesn’t need to intervene. The Gifteds lived on in one way or another, and their gifts were passed down. They were never quite the same, but power remained in place, always present yet always hiding.

On top of that, such life and the slow growth of mutations boosted Clan intelligence. Rather than claws alone, they have mastered the art of digging out hard ore and crafting battleclaws, rockfur, and more. Such advances originally led to deeper conversations such as slavery, what defined violence, etc, but that was from a long, long time ago for me. If this takes off, I’d like to discuss what everyone else has in mind :)

Also, the world has many natural threats that responded more quickly to mutation, which is open to a lot of interpretation.

There’s a lot to unpack, but it’s close to home. These were all written as concepts years ago, and I’d like to revisit them now that I’m a more proficient writer. We’ll see how it goes - thank you for reading and at least giving me time :)

Hey, this looks pretty interesting! I'd like to know a little more about the individual Clans before I say for sure, but if you do decide to do this, I wouldn't mind joining in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back