• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warriors of the rain

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DemonKitten

Handler of Souls, Destroyer of Hearts

Warriors of the Rains
The Cleansing
The signs were there, but no one listened. Starclan yowled omen after omen, but their kin below ignored their pleas. Too many times had starclan failed them by crying wolf and too many times had cats died by their carelessness. There once was a time when Starclan barely spoke, but the stars had become too involved with those of the living. In doing so, they caused the cleansing.

It was awful. No one saw it coming as the rain started. Just rain, just wet fur, until it became stronger. It pelted down like rocks where most couldn't even walk outside their dens, but the water came in instead. Many cats fought for survival. They climbed trees, they tried to run, to swim, but the waters came too quickly and water burst from a twoleg construct not too far away washing those away that were strong enough. It was all gone. The long travels, the bonding, the history of the five clans was washed away just like that.

Now here you are... Tired, alone, but the skies are no longer grey and the sun shines down upon your sodden pelt. You can see the ground is still wet and you might have to swim a ways. You are tired, but determined to find your clanmates. The chances look bleak and you know that even if you do find them that you can't stay here. Where you just lucky? Blessed? No... This is punishment from a higher power than starclan, surely, for all the awful things the clans have caused. You look out among your lost home and you know what you must do.
The Cats
Once the cats are made I will put them here for easy description and access

I am also considering setting up a coordinated time for us to roleplay at length just once a week or maybe once a month. This will allow for longer sessions as my time zone does make that hard. This doesn't mean you can't roleplay when ever, please do, but it might be easier as I know it helps with D&D that I have a time set aside.
Important Events
I will put important turning points in the roleplay here as well as anything that other roleplayers are doing on the side for their character.

And so the story begins. I will use this block in order to show that this is an omniscient or NPC driven part of the story that is important to all roleplayers and all can respond to it. We will be starting after the flood, but you may write up flash backs so others can get a feel of what your character went through or lost. Also, if I tagged you, don't feel rushed. Each cat can meet at different parts of the journey, but I would like some people to join me on mine. Noivian Noivian Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Half Pint Half Pint Vertighost Vertighost Meredith Meredith Scottsilverado2005 Scottsilverado2005

flooded_battleground_by_nele_diel_dchy9n6-fullview.jpg

It all started a week ago, it hadn't rained in weeks, but finally a small drizzle started. It was almost misty light and the clan cats almost laughed at Starclan's omen. "Is this the cleansing? It's so refreshing!" but the rain continued. It got harder every day, but the clans needed rain and the leaders were too stubborn to admit that just maybe Starclan was right.

The rain was at it's hardest on the third day and it took the cat's by surprise. It went from being a normal rain to being something deadly.. Cat's couldn't leave because they couldn't see past the sheets of grey and white. They had to remain in their dens. Some warriors would risk it, but some wouldn't even come out and those that did ended up with injuries from the hard rain or just vanished.

There were some clan cats that heeded Starclan's warning and when the rain started to increase they left, abandoning their clans, but most were too afraid to disobey orders, too stubborn to admit Starclan wasn't lying, or simply too tired to bother. Those that stayed saw the worst of it. The Lake flooded and took over most the land. Prey had all but climbed on their backs to get away as they headed for high ground. Some prey was simply dead from the rain's immense strength and their tiny bodies.

All of that wasn't enough to destroy the clans though. It was only when the rain stopped and the Dam broke and the water rushed over, submerging them all, that the cats finally understood why Starclan had been so dire. While the clans had dealt with many floods in the past, no clan had dealt with a rush of water quite like that. For a few minutes, the clans were lost as if sunken to the bottom of the lake.

Yes, some cats could of swam it, some cats could of held their breath, but there was debris rushing along the waves. Giant trees, rocks, glass, and many other twoleg things they had never seen before. It would knock them unconscious, trap them under or even just simply kill them through blunt force. The chances of survival were so low.

When the water washed away, it was two days later. The devastation and destruction was apparent. It no longer looked like home. Not a single sign that the clans or even twolegs lived here. If cats did survive, some were probably washed away so far that they may never be found, others could of found somewhere high that didn't break, and some...maybe some just got lucky.

You were lucky. You survived, but probably alone. If you do have someone, they are probably all you have now. Riverclan, Thunderclan, Shadowclan or Windclan? Those are just titles now with no meaning. You have to start all over. Give meaning again, but does it matter? Surely, Starclan is still there and so the clans are still there? All you know is you have to move forward... How you do that is up to you. Will you try to find others even if they are from Rival clans or will you venture into a world you don't know all by yourself?

You are all that is left. You are the clan's future or destruction. You are Noah on the Ark. Time to find your olive branch.

Last edited:

Be Strong
Ouch, Badgerstorm thought as he woke from what had to of been the worst sleep of his life. His paws rested on something, hard, slick, and cold. He found it difficult to open his eyes as he felt pain as soon as they crept open. The harsh rays of the sun seemed to be piercing them in an attempt to break from the clouds.

He felt confused, disoriented as he started to stand up. His legs wobbled and he slipped as his claws couldn't grip to the steel frame of the monster. MONSTER! His eyes grew wide as the stench barely reached his nose due to it being drowned away by the water. He scrambled backwards, slipping down the back, down the window, and off onto the ground with a thud. If he wasn't sore before, he sure was sore now.

"Ouch," Badgerstorm's voice cracked in almost a whimper. For an instant, he forgot about the fear he had felt from being on top of the monster.
He looked up, making eye contact with dirty, grey pelt of the creature and was about to dart until he noticed that it wasn't going to move very soon. It looked badly injured and didn't seem to making a motion to breath. "I guess the waters took you too," he meowed as a sense of dread filled his stomach.

If a monster can die... What hope do I or my clan have? he thought wearily as he gazed around. His gold eyes could see clearly across the field. the grass had been flatten and barely anything obscured his view except the caking of debris. Even so, it was clear that the clans were no more. I have to find someone! I just have to! He thought with determination, but he couldn't help his breathing speeding up in a sense of panic.

But what if I don't find anyone...?

Location: On top of a monster somewhere near the sheep field.
Mood: Worried and Freaking out
Tags: @anyonesomeone

code by RI.a

Three sodden cats walked through the muddy grass. They were covered in small scratches and scrapes, bits of fur were missing, but they were alive.
"My feet are wet."
"We know,"
"I'm hungry."
"We know, Softkit."
"When are we gonna eat?"
"Any minute now, Softkit," Littletail purred over her shoulder. She shot a worried glance at Blackheart. He looked worried too. It was one thing to survive the floods, quite another to avoid starvation. What all this wet mud brings, however, is worms. And worms bring birds.
Littletail spotted something out of the corner of her eye and lowered herself to the ground. The others followed suit.
Once she caught the bird, they all shared, not knowing if they'd find another.
The two warriors sat away from Softkit while they cleaned up. "So, what's the plan?" Blackheart asked.
"Plan?"
"Oh, no."
"Wait! No, of course I have a plan. Just." Littletail sighed. "I think we just keep moving. Find somewhere to get dry...see if anyone else made it?"
"What, like, other clans?"
"Well yeah. We're gonna...we're gonna have to figure something out, right?" Littletail flicked her ears towards Softkit. "Not much of a clan anymore, are we?"
Blackheart nodded. "No, I suppose not," He mewed.

"Ready to go, Softkit?"
"I'm tired."
"We'll find somewhere a bit dryer to sleep, ok?"
"...ok." Softkit followed along. Her toes had gone numb hours ago, and she felt heavy with how wet her fur was. Eating had helped though. The bird was nice and warm. The young cat's nose twitched. The scent of rain blurred everything, but, "What's that smell?"

"Hmm? What?" Blackheart looked over his shoulder. "You smell something, huh?"
"Yeah, she can smell you. You stink."
"Not as bad as you do."
Softkit huffed. "Hey! What is the smell?"
Littletail purred and sniffed the air. Then she stopped, pinned her ears back. Blackheart nodded. He could smell it too.
Windclan.
"You think...?"
"Better look."

They crept through the tall grass. The scent was hard to pick up, but it smelled...close. They saw a monster, and Softkit jumped. "Oh my starclan, what is-"
"Shh!"
They watched the monster.
"Is it...dead?" Blackheart asked.
"Looks like it," Littletail nodded. She stood up and looked around.
"Hello? Anyone there?"

Be Persistent
"Swim, Blazepaw!" a warrior yowled over the roaring of the waves. He had been in camp as his clanmates started panicking. They heard the waters and they prepared to swim. He had been pushing through the waters hard, but his young legs were still too weak and then a tree branch knocked him down. "Blazepaw!" he heard someone yowl, but he wasn't sure who as the ringing in his ears seemed to dull out the sounds. He felt himself sinking, sinking, sinking until a pressure pulled on his scruff. He was hauled up and felt himself tossed up on to something. The impact caused water to push out of his lungs, but the ringing still rung and his eyes pulled shut.

When he finally awoke, he was on what looked like flat wood. He had a splinter in his right, front paw and his lungs ached. He tried pushing himself up on his other three paws, but found that his body was shaking and refused to get up. He laid there for awhile, licking himself dry and trying to soften his pad to loosen the splinter. After about an hour, he manged to wiggle it free and blood dripped from his pad. He stopped the bleeding since it wasn't too deep and rested his head. He felt his eyes drift off and open again.

He awoke again to the sun warming his fur and he felt some strength come back. He persisted as he pushed up. There was a slight ache in his right forepaw, but his body didn't shake. He purred in delight that he felt stronger, but then his stomach growled. He remembered that he was alone and looking out he had no idea where he was. He thought he could maybe smell riverclan, some of windclan, but he couldn't be for certain. There weren't any borders anymore.

"Hello!" he yowled, not thinking of the potential danger if someone not friendly heard him. "Is anyone around?" He looked around pleading. His whole clan couldn't be gone. The whole forest couldn't be lost. He continued to yowl and felt his energy pick up as he ran around the forest looking. He had never not had anyone. He had always been spoiled and loved and now...were they gone?

He tripped in his panic and found himself drenched in mud. Blazepaw could feel the inkling of defeat as his body and spirit wanted to give up. No! He thought. They never gave up on me and I won't give up on them! he felt his pride for his clanmates fuel him and he continued his search.

If someone was out there, he would make sure he found them.

Mood: Determined
Tags: @anyonesomeone

code by RI.a

Be Confident
Unprepared, Badgerstorm whirled around at the sound of voices. His instinct told him to hide, but the scent of clan cats, thunderclan or not, told him there was hope. Fighting his desire to hide, he peered out. He could see two younger warriors that he remembered became warriors a little before him. He recalled that they kind of reminded him of rabbits which made him miss his home dearly. Badgerstorm felt calm by the memory if not a bit sad. His gold eyes then landed on another party member.

A kit? he thought. If a kit can survive then surely some of my clan has, his thoughts filled with hope. He decided he was done hiding in the shadows and slowly came out to great the trio.

"He..he..Hello," he stammered. He had never been great at meeting strangers. "I don't know if you know me or not..." he started off weakly, lacking confidence talking to two, probably much stronger, Thunderclan cats. "I'm Badgerstorm. I remember you two from gatherings. It's okay if you don't remember me... I tend to fade," he purred at his self deprivation.

Mood: Calmer, hopeful
Tags: Vertighost Vertighost

code by RI.a

It was quiet, but the trio felt eyes on them. Softkit kept glancing at the monster, not totally convinced it was dead.
Littletail perked her ears, then saw some movement. A tom about her age was the source of the scent.
As the white shape slowly came into view, Littletail stood in front of Softkit. She was happy to see that this cat was alive, but...
Listening to Badgerstorm, though, she soon realized he wouldn't be trouble. She purred. "Hello there! Hmm...I know your face, but not your name. I'm awful with names. It's good to see we're not the only ones!" The tom seemed a bit nervous, and Littletail didn't blame him. They were roughly the same age, and he was all alone. She relaxed, trying to make sure she didn't look threatening. She knew they'd have to work together if they wanted to survive.
"Yeah, I'm glad too." Blackheart sat down.
Softkit's eyes were all big. She'd never seen a cat not from her own clan. All the clans talked shit about each other, but this cat seemed alright. He looked a bit nervous, she thought.

Littletail pondered what she'd say next. It wasn't right to talk about your clan to others, but..."Our clan...as far as we know, we're it. Is...how did Windclan fare, if you don't mind me asking?" She thought she might know the answer already, looking at the place, but maybe more had survived.

Blackheart twitched his stubby tail for Softkit to play with. All this discussion of death...she didn't need that right now.

Tag: DemonKitten DemonKitten

Be Confident
Badgerstorm didn't like the question or response from the Thunderclan cats. All that was left? Surely, they couldn't be right? right? He thought as he realized he hadn't even had time to look around his territory to see if anyone was around.

"I'm not sure... I haven't had time to look. I ended up outside my territory so it is possible they could be out here as well," he tried to bring optimism back to his own heart, but he found it was rather fleeting. He looked back at the kit. He just couldn't begin to believe that a kit could survive, but he would be the last of his clan. How sorry he felt for his clan to be the one to carry their legacy. Windclan might as well be gone if he was all that was left.

"What is your name?" he asked. "You wouldn't have gone to gatherings,yet, and I hate to know not your name. My mother always told me that is rude," he meowed. He thought of his siblings and how they should be alive over him.

Mood: Calm
Tags: Vertighost Vertighost

code by RI.a

Littletail brightened. So there's a chance! "That's great! We'll help you look, if you like?"
This cat would know his territory way better, so looking for others would be easier with him.

Softkit tilted her head, listening. His mother sounded like a smart cat. "I'm Softkit. What's your name?"
Ohh, the other kits are gonna be so jealous that she met a windclan cat!
Then she remembered. Maybe she'd never see them again. Softkit missed the nice warm nursery, longed to snuggle up and go to sleep.

Blackheart purred. It was good to see the kit wasn't too shy. Softkit seemed to be more bouncy now. Blackheart had been worried about her. He knew they all needed rest, but felt even if they found somewhere safe, he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off her.

Foxpelt bolted upward, panic surging through her body, her chest rising and falling rapidly in shallow breaths. Where was she? Where were her clan? Did anyone else make it? Guilt overwhelemed her as she replayed the few days leading up to the disaster in her head. Despite the nightmares she'd been having of drowning, despite the warnings from the other clan's medicine cats at the gatherings, she hadn't been able to persuade her clan to listen. Shadowclan's leader was far too proud to leave, even when the rains grew stronger and Foxpelt had realised the warings were true. At first, sharing in Shadowclan's blinding pride, she had not listened to Starclan. But she had tried her best to reason with the leader when the rains came, and she had failed. Her clan was destroyed because of her failure.

She shakily stood up, frantically looking around for any survivors. She seemed to have ended up near Riverclan, though she was completely unfamilair with the territory. "Hello?" she yowled. "Is anyone alive?" Tears threatened to sting her eyes as no replies came. She lowered her head, and was starting to head towards higher ground when she spotted a small dark shape a few meters away, trapped under a fallen tree. She bounded towards it, pulling away branches until she reconised the shape of Owlpaw, a Shadowclan apprentice. Gripping his scruff in her teeth she pulled him out from under the sharp branches and rolled him onto his back. She placed her ear on his chest, relieved to hear a heartbeat. She pressed down on his stomach, pushing it until the young cat started coughing and heaved up water, rolling onto his side as his eye's flew open and he gasped for air. He took a moment, clearly disorientated, before scrambling onto his paws and staring at Foxpelt. Upon reconizing his clan's medicene cat, he relaxed. "Are you okay?" she asked him. "Do you feel any pain?"
"I...I don't know," Owlpaw panted. "I just..need a second.." he started falling and Foxpelt quickly ran behind him to steady him with her body. "Where are we?" he asked. Foxpelt took another look around. "I'm...not sure. Near Riverclan, I think. I wonder if they'd have better chances of surviving." Another pang of guilt as the knowlege that her father came from Riverclan filled her. Perhaps she owed his genes for her survival.

Honeypaw
Climbing trees wasn’t a natural skill among Windclan warriors. It didn’t come naturally to any of their apprentices or kits either and the reasoning behind it was fairly simple really. There just were not that many trees to climb within Windclan territory and those that were around weren’t positioned appropriately for any climbing practices. Beyond that simple fact, they just didn’t usually need to climb trees for any apparent reason. If there was no need to do it, then there was no reason to teach it.

Apparently, though, Windclan was unprepared for rain on flood levels.

Everyone was.

When puddles had started flooding all their dens and leaving them with no place to sleep, the clan had to do something. Honeypaw couldn’t remember which of her brothers had come up with the idea, but she knew that they’d all gone along with it and climbed to the tallest hill in the plains hoping that the height would maybe give them some reprieve from the storm. It was in climbing the hill that they’d encountered a different problem - mud. Their paws got so stuck in it that they could barely move for what felt like the longest time and eventually going up wasn’t an option anymore. They just needed to get free of the stickiness of it all.

The last option the three apprentices had found was the trees. Unfortunately, tree climbing wasn’t easy and Honeypaw struggled greatly with it. Neither Gustpaw nor Sandpaw were going to leave their one and only beloved sister without help, though. Together, the two brothers had managed to give her the boost that she needed to reach the first branch and get herself situated. From there, the flooding only got worse, though. Honeypaw had been watching to see if she could find anyone else in their clan and when she turned to look back to her brothers, they had both been washed away.

Sitting on that branch lasted for days. Honeypaw felt her stomach grumbling like crazy and she must have cried for her brothers more times than she could count. Tears covered her eyes by the end of it all and no one looking at her would know whether they were tears or raindrops. Finally, the young apprentice fell into a very uncomfortable slumber.

And when she woke, the water was gone, leaving only mud in its wake.

Swifly, the apprentice jumped down off of her branch and started surveying the immediate area. “Gustpaw! Sandpaw! Where’d you guys go!?” she called out. Every two steps she took, Honeypaw found herself stopping to shake the mud off of her fur. It wasn’t a pleasant experience. “Sandpaw! Gustpaw! I don’t want to play hide and seek right now!” Usually, that was her favorite game. Not right now, though.

A mouse ran by and Honeypaw heard her stomach rumble at the mere sight of it. She couldn’t bring herself to drop into a hunter’s crouch, though. Instead, the young apprentice curled up in the mud, not caring about how messy it made her fur, and she started absolutely bawling her eyes out. It didn’t matter. No one was around to see. She’d already given up on life and decided she’d die… because without help, she most certainly would.

Feivel
A kittypet sat on a fence through the rain.

A kittypet sat on a fence.

Although many things happened around that fence, that kittypet didn’t flinch. Sure, the rain soaked his fur. The water was rising. Animals were being swept through the areas just barely out of his reach like they were nothing more than fish. Any normal cat would’ve dove at them desperate for food. This kittypet, though… he just sat on the fence until all the rain was done. Why, you ask? Well, because he wanted to, of course!

Feivel had never been a cat to let anyone tell him what to do and the storm - the rain, really - had been no different from any other situation. He decided he wanted to see it happen so he sat on the fence through the whole thing, watching curiously. At one point he’d heard his humans moving around in the house, but he thought nothing of it at the time. Now, though, that the rain seemed to be done, Feivel decided he was bored. He jumped off the fence and walked back towards his home only to scratch on the door and get no response.

‘That’s odd,’ he considered. Usually they opened the door after a few times. Feivel scratched some more. No results. If a cat could shrug their shoulders, then that’s exactly what Feivel would’ve done. He did the cat equivalent. Then Feivel walked back to the fence and jumped back onto it. Oddly enough, the fence was still standing with no apparent damage at all. His eyes looked out at what had been a forest only a couple days ago. Now it looked more like a marsh. Anyway, his eyes looked out seeking any signs of life. If he couldn’t get food from his humans, he would have to get it somewhere else, after all.

Whiskerlegs
Shadowclan was almost always a marsh. Whiskerlegs had never seen it get so bad before. It seemed as though the river near Riverclan had flooded first and the mud spread from there until it had entirely covered the forest. The rain had been so intense that any scent markers were completely washed away and crossing clan boundaries was the last thing on the warrior’s mind as he made his way in between the trees. He flexed his claws experimentally, making sure he could still move everything despite the mud’s growing thickness around him.

Whiskerlegs had been up and moving through the whole thing. Sometimes it had involved jumping. He’d done a little swimming - absolutely hated it, but he’d managed it nonetheless. Now moving around was getting easier which meant they needed to see what remained.

“Hello!?” he called out, unsure of who would be around or who had survived the whole ordeal. “It’s Whiskerlegs! I can help you! Just tell me where you are!”

The warrior kept moving around, calling out every so often to see if anyone was around who needed help. He had not yet stumbled upon any dead cats which was a plus, but he knew there was still a lot of land left to cover.

Foxpelt's ears perked up as she heard the familiar sound of a cat's call. "Did you hear that?" she asked Owlpaw. Owlpaw seemed dazed, perhaps not fully conscious, or perhaps still registering the flood and all they had lost. Foxpelt walked slowly, guiding him with her body and keeping him steady. "Hello?" she called. She had not been able to make out the words she had heard, guessing that sound must have been from quite far away. She took a deep breath and yowled as loud as she could: "Is anyone there? There's two of us here!"

Be Hopeful
"Badgerstorm," he repeated his name for Softkit before nodding towards the two older cats. "That would be really helpful, Thank you," he meowed and lead them through what was left of his territory. It was hard to really make out much. The scents seemed faint and the hills were covered in mud. He tried to track through the mud, but it was always difficult since, like water, it seemed to absorb any scent leaving only it's own.

This might be hopeless, he thought to himself, before a gust of wind pulled at his fur bringing along with it hope.

"Honeypaw!" he yowled as soon as the scent hit his nose and darted towards it. "It's Honeypaw!" he called back towards the other cats as he continued to push mud up in an attempt to find the she-cat apprentice. He felt he could run forever knowing someone was still alive. He soon came upon the pretty, young apprentice looking just as broken as he had felt just moments ago.

"Honeypaw," he croaked. "I'm so glad to see you!" his eyes watered as he nuzzled her taking in the familiar scent of his clan.

Mood:= hopeful and Happy
Tags: Vertighost Vertighost Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

code by RI.a

Last edited:
Whiskerlegs
It felt like he had been walking for ages. Really, it hadn’t been that long at all, but walking through mud and marsh wasn’t nearly as easy as walking on solid ground which explained part of why it was all so tiring. There was also a dreadful sense of hopelessness settling in and that only seemed to add more weight onto Whiskerlegs’s aching feet. He had to keep moving, though, because he wasn’t ready to give up just yet.

The wind was unpredictable on this particular day and the warrior was noticing that more and more as he traveled. One minute he was inhaling one scent, and the next it changed completely because the direction of the wind had shifted. It made it near impossible to track anything and he almost felt like the world was trying to make his self-assigned mission that much more difficult for him.

Then, though, he heard voices on the breeze. He couldn’t make them out in any significant detail but he knew he heard them. They were back in the direction he’d been coming from and Whiskerlegs was quick to change directions completely and head towards what he heard. Of course, the wind changed directions again, failing to give him any further assistance, but he was fairly certain he was heading the right way now.

“Hello!?” he yelled out again.

Finally, Whiskerlegs pushed through a clearing and saw two of his clan members. “Foxpelt! Owlpaw! You’re alive!” The jubilation in his voice was like music. He made no pause at all in his movements to approach them and he quickly tried to take over supporting some of Owlpaw’s weight from the medicine cat.

“What happened to you guys? Have you seen any others? What about the other clans?” Questions just poured out without end.

Half Pint Half Pint

Honeypaw
In the midst of the river of her tears, Honeypaw heard her name being screamed. Sudden hope flooded her entire being and the apprentice practically leapt in the direction it had come from hoping one of her brothers would come running through. Then she picked up the scent and realized it wasn’t them. It was someone she knew, which should’ve been exciting, but Honeypaw just wanted her brothers back. Where had the flood carried them away to? She needed answers.

Badgerstorm ran right up to the young apprentice while her head hung low, although her tears were fading into just sniffles by that point.

“Badgerstorm… I… I can’t find Gustpaw or Sandpaw… they… they… they helped me up… into the tree and then… all the water… and… and… I can’t find them, Badgerstorm!” Suddenly the tears were back in full fury, but she still accepted any comfort the familiar warrior offered her.

DemonKitten DemonKitten

Foxpelt's heart surged with relief as she reconized her fellow Shadowclan warrior bounding up to them. She gratefully accepted the help with holding up Owlpaw, and the weight lifted slightly. Though he was a young cat, Owlpaw was slightly bigger than the usual apprentice. "Whiskerlegs!" Owlpaw purred upon seeing the familiar face. "Thank Starclan you're alive!"
"Whoa whoa!" Foxpelt purred, trying to ease the flood of questions. "Slow down there! I...I don't know where the others are. You two are the only ones I've been able to find. I'm not sure about the other clans," she looked around, opening her mouth to try and taste the scent of anything, or anyone. " I can't make out any borders, and I've no clue as to where we are. I managed to swim for the most part of the flood, and Owlpaw here was trapped under a tree half dead," she explained. "What about you? Do you have any idea where we are?"
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Littletail and the others followed after Badgerstorm, sniffing out for the scent of Windclan. When Badgerstorm picked up a scent, they dashed after him.
"I don't smell anything?" Blackheart looked to Littletail, worried.
"Don't worry, I can. Badgerstorm certainly has something!"
The trio of Thunderclan cats stopped a ways when Badgerstorm found his clan mate and crashed into her. She was a mucky little thing, and the two warriors were surprised to see that she'd made it.
Softkit moved forwards, curious to see this new Windclan cat. Blackheart dragged her back by the scruff. "I don't think so," He muttered around her fur. He sat her behind Littletail. "This cat is scared, yeah? We gotta be careful with her. Understand?"
"...I'm...scary?" Softkit looked confused.
"Well, no. But the scent of another clan can give cats a bit of a fright, if they're not expecting it. We're gonna help, ok?"
"Ok...?"

Littletail looked around her. The territory was devastated. Mud everywhere, hardly any grass to hide in. Everything was cold and soggy. Would the world come right again? Would they have to find somewhere new? What if it was like this everywhere?
Blackheart saw his sister was panicking a bit and gave her a lick on the head.

"Hyup!" With a soft grunt of exertion, Cloud hopped up onto the fence. It was odd to see one still standing, despite the storms and flooding. He was immediately greeted to the sight of another cat perched on the top of the fence. Of course there was another cat, he'd seen the other as he strode up to the fence, waving his long and feathery tail in greetings. The tom's once pristine white coat was dampened and muddied from his trek through the marshy forest land, though he seemed to be mostly dry past the elbows. Perhaps he wasn't hit by this as badly as others were? "Hey there, friend!" he greeted with a cheerful purr, "Been a while since clear skys, eh?" Sitting down at what some might consider an uncomfortably close distance for two strangers, he turned his mismatched gaze to the sky. "I wonder who else survived that? And what the stars will look like tonight." Of course, in his mind, he meant who amongst the stars had survived, not who among the living, but he didn't attempt to explain that idea.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ft. Fievel

Of course she'd survive, of all the cats. She, the least deserving of life, being one of the few gifted it. Ravenfeather grumbled this to herself mentally as she trudged her way back into Windclan territory, or what she presumed was Windclan territory. Most of the landmarks, trees, shrubs, even small boulders, had been washed away in the pelting rain and flooding. All that was left was flattened grassland and debris... a sudden cutting wind brought a new scent to her nose, aside from the reek of monster, mud and water. Cats. Clan cats. Her clan. Was that...? Her ears tilted, picking up distinct voices. Three she didn't recognize, one that sounded young, like a kit. But the other two... "Honeypaw? Badgerstorm?" Ravenfeather yowled and bounded about, doing her best to hop up over the debris littering the fields, the only thing obstructing her view.

Vertighost Vertighost ft. their gaggle of cats
Comet ft. Honeypaw
DemonKitten DemonKitten ft. Badgerstorm

Minkstripe's claws ached. He'd held onto that branch with his life. Climbing up the thickest tree with limbs exhausted from swimming while racing rising waters was not how he wanted to spend the last night. Stars, was it only last night? It felt like a moon ago. The rain had been coming down for so long... His paws were reddened from how much that branch shook and trembled in the wind, and the once-proud warrior padded through his old territory with the meekest of limps, not quite able to keep weight on any foot but not being able to lay down. Was this even Shadowclan territory? It didn't look right, nor did it smell right. "Hello?" he called, doubtful he'd find anyone. The calls continued as he limped along, never loosing their volume nor their doubtful quality.

Badgerstorm dragged his tail along Honeypaw's back in an attempt to sooth her. He had the same fears, but it was his responsibility as a warrior to calm her.
"They might still be out here. I was a ways out of the territory. For all we know, they might be on their way back this way," He meowed to her. He couldn't imagine the floods carrying cats that far off, but it was possible . He pricked his ears the the sound of the Thunderclan cats coming up, but they stayed back. Perhaps they could tell the she-cat was a bit frightened. At least they aren't Shadowclan, they would of really given her a fright, he thought before hearing his name being called.

To his relief, Ravenfeather appeared. She could help Honeypaw for sure. It was luck to still have a medicine cat. Then reality hit... Ravenfeather was alone. His youngest brother had been in her care, again, before the storm, but he didn't scent him or see him.

"Ravenfeather!" he called as he tried to supress the dread he felt. It wasn't just Honeypaw who was worried about his siblings. Badgerstorm couldn't blame Ravenfeather though. His brother was born frail and couldn't ever really be a warrior without the constant attention of a medicine cat. The chances of him surviving even with Ravenfeather were slim.

"Look, honeypaw. Ravenfeather is here. Another good sign!" he forced his own feelings down.

Mood:= Masked Emotions, feeling depressed
Tags: Vertighost Vertighost Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Noivian Noivian

code by RI.a

Whiskerlegs
The warrior who had stumbled upon the medicine cat and the apprentice was the type to always trust leadership to give him answers when he needed them. His medicine cat was included in the list of leaders he looked up to, so hearing from Foxpelt that she didn’t know much at all certainly threw him off more than a little bit. Whiskerlegs tried to compose himself a bit and regain some of his breath, but he could feel his claws kneading the dirt beneath his feet with anxieties that he couldn’t address because he didn’t have answers.

“We’re still in Shadowclan territory,” he stated with certainty. “I’m not entirely sure where we are in the territory, though, because the whole thing is a marsh now when before it was only a piece of our land. Actually, I’d wager the entire forest is a marsh now with how much rain we got.”

He looked around briefly, half expecting to see the camp just where he hadn’t looked earlier, but he didn’t. The whole forest was now a mystery world to everyone. No boundaries were laid. No territories were hashed out. No warrior or apprentice knew how to survive on this new biome that the rain had created for them. It was frightening.

Whiskerlegs shifted his attention back to Foxpelt and Owlpaw as he made a decision on what they should do next. “We should see if we can find some flat land that isn’t a puddle so that you can tend to Owlpaw’s wounds. We need all fighters we can get in a world without borders, and that includes Owlpaw.” He hoped that his declaration was agreeable. It seemed logical in his mind.

Half Pint Half Pint

Honeypaw
No matter how much effort Badgerstorm put into trying to soothe Honeypaw, none of it seemed to work and the young apprentice continued to add her tears to the puddles that the raindrops had already formed. “But we’re not Riverclan. They can’t swim,” she objected. It seemed like Honeypaw was dead set on the concept that her brothers were dead. There wasn’t an optimistic fur on her pelt.

“I should have been able to climb that tree by myself and then none of this would’ve happened. They wouldn’t have had to help me and then we all would’ve been safe in the tree. But they helped me and… and… I should be dead instead of them, Badgerstorm.” Guilt flooded her. Honeypaw had always put lousy effort into warrior training. Even as a kit, she’d just watched and laughed when the warriors tried to show her things. She always thought her brothers would be around to save the day.

Sniffling again, Honeypaw looked towards Ravenfeather, but didn’t say anything. She just sat there, frozen in grief and guilt and worthlessness.

Noivian Noivian DemonKitten DemonKitten

Feivel
When another cat jumped on the fence, Feivel’s head turned but he didn’t move from his comfortable sitting position. However, he did reply.

“Hello there. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you in these parts. I suppose the rain can wash in tons of new faces, though, right? It certainly washed out quite a few and some of them were very good at providing food.” He glanced back towards the house that had been his with some sorrow. Feivel hadn’t been too attached, though. It wasn’t the end of the world.

Briefly, he glanced up to the sky before adding, “It has been a while since clear skies. That doesn’t mean they’ll still be clear tonight, though.” Though he didn’t quite understand their reference to the stars, he didn’t ask about it. Too many weird things were going on and he wouldn’t doubt a few more were coming in still.

Instead of worrying about silly things beyond his control, Feivel decided to just jump straight to important things. “Any chance you’ve got a plan for food after the rains?”

Noivian Noivian

Foxpelt nodded at Whiskerleg's decision. "I agree. I'll need to have a look around to see if I can find any dock leaves or goldenrod," she said eyeing the painful scratches that riddled Owlpaw's pelt and face. "And maybe some garlic to wake him up a bit." Owlpaw stuck up his chin. "I'm fine! I was just a little lightheaded. I can walk now, see?" he said stubbornly, attempting to walk on his own, but falling back onto Whiskerpaw. "Alright...maybe a few herbs wouldn't hurt," he admitted. Foxpelt chuckled. "Your bravery won't help heal those wounds. Come on, let's get moving before the sun starts to set," she mewed, heading towards a direction that seemed to get dryer the futher they went.
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Ravenfeather froze, her heart dropping to her paws when she finally came face-to-face with Badgerstorm. Oh, Starclan... his brother. Her ears flattened, once-high tail lowering as she dipped her head. In her own self-pity and guilt, she'd forgotten the reason she felt all those things. "... I'm sorry, Badgerstorm. I did everything I could." It was all she could muster in some form of condolences, but some part of her, nagging in the back of her mind, still called herself a liar. She recalled watching as Badgerstorm's brother slipped off the log the two of them had found to cling to, tumbling through the water until his unmoving pelt drifted away with the rest of the debris. There were many times she thought she'd join him, but refused to believe now that Starclan would ever welcome her among them. Not after her horrible job as a Medicine Cat. She failed him. She failed both of them. She failed her entire clan.

"Rain shifts the earth, and uncovers things better left hidden. Some new faces aren't extraordinary." he purred with a smile. "I do hope the skies stay clear, though. Dreams must be had tonight, after so long sleepless. As for food," his words were punctuated by the rumbling of his stomach, "I do believe some friends among the wilds may be able to assist. But they will not look for us, so we must find them. Come, come," Beckoning with his tail, Cloud hopped down from the fence as suddenly as he'd hopped up onto it. Truth be told, he had no clue where he was and who he would find, but if the other living shapes he'd seen in his dreams were anything to go by, there were cats living out in the woods. Cats that knew how to hunt. Tail high in the air, he trotted beyond what he assumed used to be the edge of where the housefolks' nest was, and took that brave first step into the wild.

DemonKitten DemonKitten Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Badgerstorm sighed as Honeypaw's thoughts aligned with his own. Out of all his siblings, he felt like he shouldn't of been the one to make it, but here he was and they were no where to be found yet. At least one was confirmed. Ravenfeather retold her story and felt just as guilty for herself still being alive as he felt about being alive. Why was it that he and his clanmates couldn't feel relief or feel lucky to be alive? They all just assumed someone was better for that job.

"It's okay, Ravenfeather. It would of taken more than just you to support him. He probably knew that too," He reassured her. "He wouldn't of made it as long as he did without the care of Medicine cats, so even if you died in his place..." he paused sad at the idea in either path. "He would of probably gone soon after," he took a deep breath and looked towards his two clanmates then back at the Thunderclan cats. It was up to them to show Windclan's strength. The Thunderclan cats seemed so confident and unchallenged by their lives being spared. Self-pity does not look well on those that are lost.

"Honeypaw...Ravenfeather," he turned to them both. "We can't let ourselves believe we are unworthy to live. We might be all that's left of Windclan. I agree with you both..." he turned towards what use to be the fields of Windclan. "If you two had any of my other siblings, but me, there would be no doubt in your survival!" He turned back with a new strength in his gaze.

"But if I am still alive, maybe its to find them," he turned to Honeypaw. "And you are still alive because they chose you to be. You can't waste that by wanting to trade places. Surely, they have more faith in you then you do and we are Windclan after all!" Then he turned to Ravenfeather. "and your life is more valuable to use then anything. Even the Thunderclan cats would agree," He motioned to them to join the group.

Mood:= Determined to fight his nature
Tags: Vertighost Vertighost Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Noivian Noivian

code by RI.a

The trio were too close not to overhear everything. The Windclan cats were so broken, so lost. Littletail worried that they'd fall apart. She watched as Badgerstorm seemed to diminish, surrounded by the suffering of his fellow clan mates.
It was heartbreaking. Littletail missed her clan, she did, but she didn't feel guilty. She was just happy to still be here. Though, if she'd lost Blackheart, she knew it'd be a different story.
Then Badgerstorm started sounding hopeful again and he motioned them over. Cautiously the Thunderclan cats neared the Windclan cats. Didn't want to spook them.
"Couldn't have said it better myself, Badgerstorm. After all we've been through, all the things we've lived through, we can't give up."
Blackheart nodded. "We made a mistake, not leaving our home. But everyone makes mistakes. I feel like we're here for a reason."
Softkit went straight to Ravenfeather and started giving her a good sniff.
"Ah, no that's rude," Blackheart went to pull the kit away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back