• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shadowfall

Freshly cut.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It is a bleak time to be alive in Kislev. Vile greenskins froth forth from the mountains and into the countryside to ravage and pillage, leaving naught but ruin in their wake. Vampires command armies of horrific thralls and slavering servant creatures to carry out their bidding. Worst of all, the Norscans, large marauders who worship the ruinous powers of chaos have been reported to be marching through the frozen wastes of the north, towards Volksgrad. Even though the people of Volksgrad are strong and the northmen waste themselves on the walls, their supplies will only last for 7 days. Praag is the next bastion of hope that the people of Kislev have left, before the tide of doom crawls down to their capital and ravages it like the rest. The governor of Praag has left the city's defense to his trusted court wizard and taken it upon himself to rally the men of the nation and call upon their allies, the Empire, for aid against the coming threat.

Praag has 7 days to rally a proper defense before it falls to ruin undefended.

For some reason or another, you find yourself in a city just about to be under siege from the savage worshippers of chaos, in a whirlwind of people abandoning their homes and hitching carriages down south, towards prospective safety. But not everyone is leaving. Some take up arms to protect their town, and others pray to Ursun and their Ice Queen for the strength to protect the ones they love. However, there are rumors that have slowly been creeping around town of a small cult that has just taken root in the city, slowly preparing for their dark masters, seeding the city with corruption so when the northmen come, Praag will easily fall to their whim and be a staging point for future invasions, dooming Kislev for good.

It is up to you to find and uproot the cult, rally a proper defense, and defend Praag from all invaders until the forces of order arrive. It is your duty to defend these doomed people and save them from unforeseen bloodshed, you are Kislev's last hope!

-x-

Hey guys, just tossing up a thread for an idea discussed on a different warhammer RP thread that died some time ago. I'm somewhat well versed in Warhammer Fantasy, but will be taking some liberties for the sake of cool factor, so don't be afraid to hop in if you don't know the setting all too well. This is a prospective idea that I've had for a different thing some time ago, and it's very much an idea in development, meaning if you guys have anything you'd like to suggest or add to the plot, be my guest.

I plan on posting a big "plot" post weekly or bi-weekly, whatever works or is relevant with moving the RP along. I'll accept most types of characters, as long as they have a reason for being in Kislev and isn't a chaos worshipper, or part of the cult, or etc etc. You're here for the defense of Praag, whether it be for what money you can wring from this once it's all over, the experience and strength gained from fighting off some of the strongest combatants to exist, or because your home is in danger, or what have you.

I'll drop a character sheet and other stuff once this gets enough attention. Again, the plot isn't exactly interestingly hammered out so don't be afraid to contribute if you see the need to.

From the last thread: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Martydi Martydi VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Nubby Nubs Nubby Nubs StormWolf StormWolf Saavedra Saavedra
(Kinda just pinged everyone who participated in the last thread, sorry if you're not interested anymore.)

So what kinda liberties did you plan on making? Anything huge?

Nah. It's more like "If I forget what the hell happened in the end times, I'm going to continue to pretend it doesn't exist."

There's a number of fallacies and silly little things about Warhammer, and I know I'm not going to get everything right. So, when I do make those mistakes, I'm just going to call it a "creative liberty" if it's going to seriously ruin the plot, or just edit the word or two I need to so I don't get called out for spelling "Waaagh!" without specifically 3 a's, or without an exclamation mark, or whatever.

But Greenskins are neutral!

They don't take any sides, don't participate in politics, and only value what's important to them!

(Killing da humies, and bein' da biggest)

And, interesting that you mention Lizardmen mercenaries, as they did exist!

Well tbh the Dogs of war are super old and most of them completely break all known lore (Such as the Lizardmen ones) so I ignore the frankly retarded ones but the believable ones I acknowledge
But Greenskins are neutral!

They don't take any sides, don't participate in politics, and only value what's important to them!

(Killing da humies, and bein' da biggest)

And, interesting that you mention Lizardmen mercenaries, as they did exist!

Its like the super old lore of female greenskins..its just dumb

Lizardmen would never work for anything other than their Slann Masters and they don't care about valueables at all so the mercenary Lizardmen just doesn't work

Well tbh the Dogs of war are super old and most of them completely break all known lore (Such as the Lizardmen ones) so I ignore the frankly retarded ones but the believable ones I acknowledge

Its like the super old lore of female greenskins..its just dumb
Some of them are cool though. Skinks, known for diplomacy, contacted by visions the Old Ones who told them to grab tablets from the old world through diplomacy and contract?

I think it has a bit of charm

Lizardmen would never work for anything other than their Slann Masters and they don't care about valueables at all so the mercenary Lizardmen just doesn't work
The article specifically states they work only for those that give them sacred plaques plundered from Lustria, and don't care about any other valuables. Lizardmen mercenaries can absolutely work with a caveat like that.

Men shall prove their worth to Ulric on the fields of battle, only then shall we triumph over the forces of Chaos!

On another note, are you still recruiting new members?

Men shall prove their worth to Ulric on the fields of battle, only then shall we triumph over the forces of Chaos!

On another note, are you still recruiting new members?

Haven't even made character sheets yet, but it seems now we have a sizeable group interested.

And that makes me think, I should most definitely add in what god your character worships.

I have some intrest in this

Cool, character sheets are going up later on today.

Good tonhear I will have to figure out what sort of being I will be after all more than humans have intrest in humanity staying alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back