• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
D5726C78-1E70-4A0F-B117-F8F2C859949D.jpeg
“Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Welcome to Karrakhan, A factory world on the edge of the imperium near Tau space. Home to nearly 50 billion piled high in their hive cities with mining operations all over the planet supplying Metals and meat for the imperiums War machine. Thirty years ago the Guardsmen of this world successfully cast off an Orcish infestation, however their faith in the imperium was shaken as no aid came even after decades of bloodshed. Children who lost parents to the Inaction of the imperium now lead the hive cities and mining operations and a spirit of rebellion grows in them. Yet a new threat rears its head on the neighboring planet of thune a mere 14 A.U away from the desert planet of Karrakhan. The edges of an Orc waaagh having found itself on the unsuspecting jungle world. Knowing it was only a matter of time before the Orcish horde made it to their world the planet of Karrakhan instituted a draft aiming to produce an army of five billion guardsman while they sent out requests for aide. Though their call for help would not be answered by the imperium.

A7DF01A9-F63A-4974-95C1-D97EC3019CE2.jpeg
The Crimson Sky Renegade chapter emerged from Tau space, Branded Traitors for A brief alliance they formed with the Tau In an effort to Strike Down a necron tomb world. Their forces were decimated when the tomb world awoke yet they were able to destroy the world with the aid of the Tau. With no where else to go they have hidden within the borders of the Tau Exterminating Orcish infestations throughout the Tau’s territories. While there they would be forced to strike deals with the Tau in order to replace equipment. Yet they could never turn their back on the world of man. Hearing the pleas for help from the World of Karrakhan Crimson Sky Heeded the call and have arrived at Karrakhan demanding supplies in exchange for their Aide in a preemptive strike against Waaaagh.

Last edited:
So thi is a space marine centric rp?
Space marine and Guardsman at the start of the story. More factions will get involved at a later date but yes…space marines will be the bulk of this. The crimson sky is looking to go out in a blaze of glory as their numbers have been declining and unable to resupply. what better way to do that then purging greenskins.

kinda curious but the premsie doesn't explain much
I was trying to keep the check short for the most part but I will be making a lore tab later. what in particular would you like explained?

I see and it is only the one chapter?
If so we need to know about them as personally I am more a nscron type.

Last edited:
As to what needs to be explained things like their colors their symbol given they are riuge thry are fleet based so what I'd their main ship called. What are their rituals and beliefs. They clearly ate not big on purity and have no issues with tech heresy. Do they have a specialization who is the chapter master what is their disposition towards civilians.

I see and it is only the one chapter?
If so we need to know about them as personally I am more a nscron type.
For now yes just the Crimson Sky.

The Are a renegade chapter that are branched off of the Ultramarines, their Gene seed special ability was heightened intelligence. However their Gene seed was damaged and they were branded a renegade chapter after teaming up with the Tau to prevent a tomb world from opening, something that cost them half their number, And prevented them from being able to resupply as their Gene seed was blown apart by a C’tan shard.

with little other recourse They we’re forced to continue their alliance with the Tau and have done so for about twelve years. Over that time the Tau even went so far as to build specialized equipment for them which are Tau versions of the Space marine weapons, like plasma enfused storm bolters, or Photon Charged Power weapons, and Tau jump jets.

They pay for this supply by attacking Orcs in Tau space and that has lead them to the Waaagh on the borders of Karrakhan. After finding out the leadership of Karrakhan is free of inquisition personnel and unable to reach out for help. They sided with them. Their attitude towards civilians is kind of indifferent though not overly cruel, they do try to preserve life if they can but are more interested in slaying Orcs and Have a powerful murder boner for the necron since they kinda wrecked the chapter.

As to what needs to be explained things like their colors their symbol given they are riuge thry are fleet based so what I'd their main ship called. What are their rituals and beliefs. They clearly ate not big on purity and have no issues with tech heresy. Do they have a specialization who is the chapter master what is their disposition towards civilians.
I have yet to settle on a symbol and would be willing to take suggestions there, as for colors I was thinking red and Grey with a tidbit of Tau Tan. The Capitol ship for them is called the Thorus (Thor and Horus representing the Sky and storms.) Ritual wise they are a bit lacking giving their prayers to their Fallen brethren rather than the emperor as they feel abandoned by him. Certainly they are not purists like many of their brethren mainly due to not being able to survive if not for the aid of the Tau. As for specialization their equipment has shifted them from their original melee combat style with ample ambushes, to a more balanced style with Ranged and melee options and high mobility. Still working on the chapter master and as with the symbol I’m willing to take suggestions as I am debating making it a playable role within the story as I myself will be playing a Karrakhan Guard General.

Hope that helps you some, it certainly helped me as I have a lot of lore developed that I wouldnt have otherwise, though some things like the ship name and combat styles were already to be included. Thanks.

Did the shard attack their fortress monestery?
It dragged it out of orbit and nearly destroyed it altogether. The Tau helped in the rebuilding efforts after a lot of negotiations, though the help they were allowed to contribute was little more than supplying the marines with materials and blueprints, not to mention workers. Though it was difficult as the marines would not let any of them inside the craft. We lost half our dreadnaughts in that assault.

So it was a transcendent shard? As dragging a ship down from orbit or a massive base like a fortress monesty is insane. That would lose all gear relics the honored ancients along with Gene seed. Even though Terra has stockpiles for this kind of thing.

If it was a ship and it was brought into planerty gravity well it isn't getting back up ever

Also marines would need the taylu labor to rebuild aa I doubt chapter serfs know the mysteries of the construction machine.

So it was a transcendent shard? As dragging a ship down from orbit or a massive base like a fortress monesty is insane. That would lose all gear relics the honored ancients along with Gene seed. Even though Terra has stockpiles for this kind of thing.
I suppose so if that’s what it would take to do so. And yes that was the goal. They lost most of what they had and because they sided with the Tau instead of purging them, a surely inquisitor petitioned to label them Renegades and thus terra would not resupply them.

If it was a ship and it was brought into planerty gravity well it isn't getting back up ever
that is why I included the Tau as their technology is the one advancing the fastest and thus it would make sense for them to be able to cross engineer enough stuff to get the monastery back up.

Also marines would need the taylu labor to rebuild aa I doubt chapter serfs know the mysteries of the construction machine.
Indeed the Tau supplied blueprints and materials not to mention prefabricated parts. Basically they bring an engine and tell the marines how to set it up, the marines lack of understanding of their own technology made them have to install a separate power source to fuel the Tau systems, however basic functions like artificial gravity, life support and weapons would remain functional which is how they actually won the fight using the ships weapons at point blank range to blow the threat away.

I don’t claim the story to be perfect but the interesting stuff is what comes later. Suffice it to say I intend for the chapter to successfully be rebuilt with the help of Karrakhan, their Tau allies, and even the greenskins though they aren’t exactly trying to help they just happen to be usefully positioned.

They wpuld still need a long time thousands of years the only race that can get a ship from planet to space are necrons the rest build them in space. Likely the chapter would just make the crashed ship their fortress like the crimson fists.

They wpuld still need a long time thousands of years the only race that can get a ship from planet to space are necrons the rest build them in space. Likely the chapter would just make the crashed ship their fortress like the crimson fists.
I suppose that could work and they would have other ships for transport. but just because something hasn’t happened before doesn’t mean it cannot happen. I personally think the project could be somewhat of an important development in the story the idea that any faction could get a ship up in four years or less is impressive. We could make it more believable by saying the ships own engines and core were intact but enough were damaged that it required more lift.

Or we could say the tomb world was destroyed altogether which could be the event that damaged the ship while it was in orbit around it and the monastery was left in space afterwards and they reconstructed it with the aforementioned aid.

honestly warhammer itself takes plenty of liberties so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch…I mean they had a guardsman take out war bosses and Big Nids despite lore saying that should essentially be impossible so it’s not as if there isn’t room to stretch here and there.

There is one case I know of where the imperium got a ship of capitol size off thr ground buy that was a dark age relic restored by the ad mech. Tau have 0 record of such a feat and would just recycle the metal to make a new one though their ship are slower than imperial

There is one case I know of where the imperium got a ship of capitol size off thr ground buy that was a dark age relic restored by the ad mech. Tau have 0 record of such a feat and would just recycle the metal to make a new one though their ship are slower than imperial
Aren’t all Capitol ships dark age relics or did I misread that. The Tau manage to go from caves to stars in like 6000 years so again I don’t think it’s too far fetched.

Though I don’t mind having the ship be stranded in space by the planets destruction which takes the whole getting it off the ground problem out of the equation.

Not all many are made newish ships from the dark age are rare and very have the full reasoyrces of an arch magos dedicated to it

Not all many are made newish ships from the dark age are rare and very have the full reasoyrces of an arch magos dedicated to it
Well then wouldn’t it be simpler to just have the ship be newer and thus less difficult to repair? Or to have the damage be low enough that it could be repaired?Perhaps one of the Brothers is a Mechanical genius after all their special Gene seed ability is heightened intellect. Or Have the Tau maybe learn a bit more about the ship as they fought along side it and have a better idea of how to fix it? Honestly there is any number of ways to make it work so I think I’ll go with one of them but I will at least make it make more sense than to have the Tau just magically fix it. Thanks for your help.

Imperium newer tech is worse so newer ship would never get off the planet escaping the gravity well is the issue in space they coukd define the machine spirit abd anger it by having tau repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back