• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Warhammer 40k - Lost Worlds - Horror RP

Jamesyco

Hit Me!
Lost System

11a5d098961dc079f573512343573a37.jpg

In the 41st Millennium, many things in the Imperium of Man would happen. The 13th Black Crusade, the fall of Cadia, the Reawakening of the Ultramarines Primarch, the opening of the warp rift Cicatrix Maledictum and the creation of Imperium Secundus, as the far reaches of humanity has been cut off. Many worlds have gone dark, many worlds have fallen to the corrupting powers of the Warp, and Chaos. Destruction ran through the entire Galaxy, but the Galactic North is in extreme peril. Reinforcements from all divisions of Imperial life have been recruited to fight back the powers which endanger humanity's survival. This is where the expedition of brave men and women of the Imperial Guard comes to wage war on humanity's fronts to defend its borders from countless invaders.

One of these ships holds just under four hundred thousand men and women of one of these Regiments, strong men and women upon the Errant Stork setting out from a staging ground planet near the galactic center and being sent north with a fleet, through the Warp Tear in the galaxy. Most of these ships would not make it the entire way through, the Errant Stork included. But it would be one of the more, tactile groups as it would find itself just on the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum, on a lost continental world from ages past. A world passed by during the Great Crusade, and one forgotten about soon after and for many years until transport came to the world.

This roleplay will start with the reentry of our ship into the orbit of what will likely be our forever home for the rest of our lives

This is going to be a realistic Guardsman-style RP. Other factions of the Imperium will come out later but at the moment, just the basic guardsmen and some supporting roles. But this is also somewhat of a horror-style RP, using realistic depictions of the human body and realistic functions of life (while still incorporating the Warp shenanigans in there) Those interested will help in creating an Imperial Guard regiment and planet which will be the basis for the characters. I am going to be playing everything that isn't a player character(s). I am also going to be using spoilers a bunch, I like descriptions in the text, and knowledge of how the human body works is apparently very horrifying to most people, also it's 40k, it's grimdark and deadly.

No god mod, being a dick, nothing off guidelines, etc. OH, and remember, you're humans, likely baseline grunts, not heroes.

But if interested post here or send me a dm, I'll add more detail in writing to this or the actual link if it gets off the ground, I know about Only War, it's a campaign I made for that that I haven't gotten to play. But I wanted to try it out on here, I've started to prefer text-based stuff over statted things. .

Question on the wording... Are you saying the ship holds just under four hundred thousand men, comprised of many regiments, and the one the players are taking part of is one regiment within that? Or that all these regiments are from the same world but aren't the same regiment [So 1st Line Infantry [Insert Planet] and the 13th Mechanized [Insert Planet] regiments] Or that....... the regiment, the single regiment, consist of just under four hundred thousand men because.. if its the last, that is a hilariously big regiment. Cause most regiments in 40k for the guard are thousands to tens of thousands on the bigger end. Close to half a million would be.. less of a regiment and more just an army.

It's likely going to be a bunch of regiments from a few different planets, mainly reinforcing regimental parts for different armies that need reinforcements on frontline planets. Gonna give the players some cohesion but also some variety if they want something different from the other players, but I would like a few players to be at least from the same planet. It's pretty much the bunches of recruits getting shipped off from training, then getting their deployment zones before getting put in bulk transport and shipped off to the other side of the galaxy.

Oh neato, I'd be down. Even have a neat planet idea from which the regiment could be from that can be up for consideration!

As I said, I am letting the players take ahold of that, going to let them create most of that with some guiding touches. Either based on the Only War system or just off of what they want to go on. I would like the number of the planets to be limited to one or two, three max. But the regiments are likely going to vary, a bit of a spoiler, mainly for the first GM post or two once this gets off the ground, it's gonna be a rough landing.

Right on, once I get back from work later on, I should have some time to make an actual rp thread for this.

I will watch as I tend not to play ig
After the first chapter, there will be more to play, starting with mechanicum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back