• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nyris

Hello, greetings and salutations!

I am Nyris.

Quickly about me I am a male, CST and have been writing on and off for at least 15 years. I consider myself advanced in terms of writing and would very much like the same from my potential partner(s). Please understand that the following setting and plot are very much in their infant stages but something I would absolutely love to flesh out and explore with others. I generally am for MxF pairings but would be open to including one or MAYBE two additional people to this if everyone is a good fit.

Here is what I have so far:

Centuries ago ancient civilizations recorded the use of magic in various ways and things that in present times seemed impossible. One of the last standing civilizations of that time, before being wiped out, depicted a great battle among the nations and the result of that was the complete and utter disappearance of magic entirely. Fast forward to the present time and humanity had to rely on technology to get things done and evolve. Massive tech companies essentially control the world by providing services and products to everyday people as well as outfitting armies and providing defences for host nations.

One day an incredible explosion happened up in the snowy mountains outside of one great nation (names haven't been decided). Upon investigation by the nation's military what had been discovered was a well of mana. Since magic had not been practiced or used for centuries current society had no clue how to harness or use the mana welling up from the mountain. The best that they could do was confirm that it was an unknown energy source and best guesses that it was the mana of the old days that allowed humans to cast magic. The race is on.

Technology companies all over the world regardless of their niche in the market turned all R&D into how they can harness and utilize the mana. Two main companies stand as the top contenders for being the first to understand and use this newfound power. Who will be the first to gain control?

Incredibly brief, I know, but I want to build this premise up with the right partner. Some things I am chewing on so you understand my current outlook on where this can go:

Is there only one well or did multiple pop up at the same time across the world? (This is a most definite yes)
To what extent are current technological advancements to humans?
What happens at the mana well? Do magical creatures appear when something gets activated a wrecks havoc? Does a deity reveal itself and choose YC/MC as champions to take on a quest? Maybe something else entirely? (this is to decide where the story goes)
Are there a group of people that somehow managed to keep secrets of how magic is used from studying old text? (adding possible depth to the setting?)

Right now my current thoughts for MC would be a soldier employed by one of the two tech companies. Somehow enhanced and involved with the investigation of the mana well site. YC could be a part of a rival company, maybe a scientist or really whatever that's completely up to you. I want to start small with just the events of what happens within this one nation and build it out before applying it to different parts of the world.

I truly look forward to anyone willing to take on this task and begin writing with me. I eagerly await hearing from you!

So while talking to a lad today about the above prompt because I just think it's the bee's knees he responds with "So like Shadowrun?". Of which I am completely ignorant! So apparently if you're interested in a Shadowrun based universe then this is for you and in the meantime I will be researching it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back