• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

War of the Spark - D&D 5e Halloween One-Shot

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
7e95294fed32ee1b85b0d2ac195de778.png

Ravnica, city of guilds- an entire plane (essentially a universe) consisting of a single massive city spanning through its entirety. Control of it is divided among 10 guilds, each with their own function and territory within it. A relative peace is kept among them by the magic of something called the guildpact, although recent history has shown that to be more easily overcome than one might think. Nonetheless, the people of Ravnica continue on with their lives on this tenuous status quo.

However, the more astute notice recent changes, no doubt some conspiracy. Many guilds had "sudden openings" in the position of guild leader following mysterious- or even rather open- assassinations. The work of many months finally culminates, as a beacon shoots out into the sky, calling planeswalkers from all around the multiverse, and a portal opens destroying part of the city. From it, a platform emerges and a gateway to the plane of Amonkhet is open.

The ancient and once nearly omnipotent draconic planeswalker Nicol Bolas, alongside his army of undead eternals, emerge from within the gateway.

josef-bsharah-axisanimation-magic-the-gathering-3.jpg
invadethecity.jpg

Yet another spell is cast, preventing anyone or anything from escaping Ravnica. Panic spreads in the streets as the eternals begin their march, and while some heroes do make their stand against Nicol Bolas and his army, they prove to be a considerable challenge: Each and every one of the soldiers was once a champion of Amonkhet, selected through intense trials against many of their peers, and through the metal that coats their bodies now, not a single one of their skills was lost. Furthermore, they are enchanted with an ability which Bolas hopes will allow him to regain his old power, the ability to steal the spark (the source of planeswalker's powers) from planeswalkers.

Perhaps you are a planeswalker, or perhaps you are a citizen of Ravnica. Perhaps you want to attempt to defeat this threat coming your way, perhaps you want to help people safe, or perhaps you care about none of that- but one thing all of you have in common, is the desire to survive.

How long can you stand the onslaught? Can you last until the Elder Dragon, and all of the threats brought together by his schemes and machinations, are finally defeated once and for all?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

OOC Info:

I intend to run a one-shot this October 31st (Halloween) based on the events of the MTG expansion War of the Spark with the D&D 5e system (official crossovers of the system with the Ravnica setting do exist already). I plan to run this for a maximum of 5 players using level 5 characters. UA and official sourcebooks will be allowed, no homebrew though. The deadline for showing interest, and making the character prior to review and approval will be the 29th (assuming there is even enough interest, which I will be setting at 3 players minimum) and with approval the deadline will be on the 30th.

Your goal through the one-shot is simple: You have to survive. The hordes of undead are borderline endless, and they do not need rest, nor are they by any means unskilled. Ravnica may be on your side, but panic still floods in the streets, so it will be limited and it will up to you to create and sustain what advantages you have in the chaos.

I hope to how you folks fare.

A discord server will be created for OOC and it is mandatory to have a discord for this roleplay. This is A) for faster communication and B) because there is a possibility the RP itself will be on the discord server (I will leave it up to a vote). It will still be play-by-post nomatter what however.

I also may run a session 0 of sorts on the 30th. Both sessions will be starting from 10:30 PM GMT, but players can jump in any time before 12:00 PM GMT.

More info on the setting and story will be provided for those unaware of it.

If any players wants it, I am willing to create characters for them. While I would prefer not to do this, I also understand that unfortunately this interest check came a bit last-minute.

Other than being present during the one-shot itself, there will be no post requirements, and post orders will only be imposed during combat and if two or more players are not letting others get a word in edgewise.

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back