• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Guardians [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

InsistentPatchwork

7db7ff77c9341012106ed15d828c5429.jpg

Guardians at War....

Many millenia ago the skys clear blue sky changed into an endless black void that nothing could penetrate. The beings of the world watched in fear as such happened, when suddenly.

The Guardians that have been depicted in their scriptures for centuries fell down before them. They began battling amongst themselves not realising the devastation it caused to the Earth and its populace...

Still to this date the Guardians fight. The animals and Humans that still remain all scurry and hide to not get caught in the crossfire. Alliances formed over the years and pacts made, the reason for the war starting long forgotten.

Will it end soon?

Or will the Earth continue to be a battlefield?​

Quick set of Rules:
1: NO BULLYING OOC
2: NO OP
3: Romance allowed
4: Drama Allowedb
5: 2+ sentences is all I ask per post
6: No use of * * or - - Third person only

Plz watch the thread if you are Role playing!

Attachments

• 7db7ff77c9341012106ed15d828c5429.jpg
    7db7ff77c9341012106ed15d828c5429.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Adriel, Guardian of Light flew through the air as he scoured the land below him. He see movement below him and swoops down to the ground landing softly. Ahead of him he sees a young Doe. He scoffs. He ought to kill the creature for wasting his time, thinking it was a Guardian was the only reason he flew down. He watches the creature as it grazes at the pitiful green grass patches that are left.

Flying along Hayle decided to look around at the surrounding areas near her domain, she knew it was incredibly risky to be flying about with a war going on but as of yet she hadn't run into any Guardians that wanted to kill her or well any at all. As she flies around she looks down at the patches of green below her, seeing a lot of wild animals running around and from this distance some were relaxing in the shade but she stopped as she saw what she could only assume is a Guardian standing near this doe. Keeping calm she slowly turned around a left not wanting to make a such a peaceful area into a war zone.

Adriel shakes his head and flaps his wings sending him up into the air. He scans around him and sees a retreating figure off in the distance. The Guardian smirks and flies off towards it. He holds out his hand as he flies, his silver spear materialiseing into his hand. He moves his other hand in front of him and concentrates, small light orbs shoot out in front of and speed towards the figure in the distance.

Hayle didn't have much time to react when suddenly she was hit by a orb of light, she hissed and turned around stopping in her tracks. Holding her hand out she summoned a few icicles to stop the other orbs from hitting her, before lowering her hand back down. She didn't want to fight, she wasn't in the mood for it. Concentrating large amounts of ice form around her arms, pointing one at the guardian she remained in place "I was leaving peacefully!" She spoke with such anger, there maybe a war going on but before she was attacked whilst unarmed she posed no threat to this man.

Adriel chuckles, "Ice Queen. There is no peace here." He dematerialises his spear and replaces it with his whip, whipping it in the air making it crack. The Guardian looks over Hale and smirks, He starts to fly in circles around her.

Removing one of the blades from her arm she summons a few icicles, she watches as he flies around her "It's too bad... I was so hoping to avoid bloodshed today." After a while of just watching Adriel go around and around in circles she throws and icicle in the location he will end up in, she was not one for conflict but she had no choice but to and she wasn't planning on dying today.

Adriel puts up a quick light shield mere seconds before the sharp icicle hits him. "There won't be any blood shed Hayle." He cracks his whip right near her and charges at her to grab her throat.

Agni was walking in the woods, interested in the fire he materialized in his hand. He throws up in the air and catches it and he reaches a clearing and aimlessly throws it at the sky but then saw the two other guardians and went back in the trees hidden and watched from afar but saw his fire ball fly past him and gulped and went deeper in the woods to try and avoid conflict.

Adriel stopped mid charge as a fireball flew between him and the other Guardian. He looked over in the direction it came from and saw a figure retreating. Quickly he rushed off in the direction of the figure and called out. "Cheap shot. Agni."

"You don't understand, Adriel. I was merely minding my own business and threw a fireball but you don't care and you want to fight, right? Ok. So how do we do this?" Angi said as a sword materialized in his hand.

Seneca was strolling through the forest, stepping above the crunching leaves and twigs with sleek grace. His "metal" armour glowed in the sunlight, as plates emblazoned with golden ornament appeared to shine like stars. He left a human city just two months ago, making his way to the sacred site for his yearly divine rites. The Guardian appeared to be unarmed, casually keeping his hands behind his back, but that was a false image - around his head was a transparent halo, emitting small yet strong glow, observable in the distance.
Noticing a battle in the air, he stopped for a moment, giving the Guardians a blank look, and continued on, right towards the battle. Seneca was not going to change his path just because of a pitied rivalry.

As Hayle was preparing for the attack from Adriel she was surprised by the sudden fireball coming between the two of them, looking down as Adriel started heading toward Agni she suddenly felt a little rage bubble up inside of her. Not towards Agni but towards Adriel, following a long behind him. More ice forming around her arms as she dove down after Adriel, picking up speed as she brought her wings closer to her body she managed to get down to Agni before Adriel did. Raising up her iced up hands she looked at Agni "My quarrel is not with you it is with him... trust me when I say I didn't exactly want to fight either" Turning back around facing towards Adriel she shouted "It's quite rude to leave a battle! You should have more respect for your opponent!"

Adriel chuckles as Hayle and Agni both spoke at him. "I am sorry. But i needed a bit of a stretch." The Guardian of Light smirks at them as he holds out his hand and shoots a few light orbs at the two in front of him. He flies closer to the ground and lands.

The Guardian of Energy raised his head, just in time to notice a light orb, presumably meant to hit Hayle or Agni, but instead zooming towards himself. He let out a disappointed sigh, raising his hand up, as it began radiating glow - a floating wall of energy appeared before him, taking the hit of an attack and absorbing it, silently dissolving afterwards. Seneca pierced the fighting group with controllable anger, stopping for a moment.
"Do you really have nothing to do?"

A lone tower, surrounded by the rubble of it’s former outpost, a place that once stood to mark a border of these lands before the fall began. The inside of what were its boundaries a small crater, the smallest testament to the damage the fall alone had caused to this world. But still the crumbling tower stood, albeit with a few more holes in its walls than what it once had, and the roof barely existent anymore. There within the top of the tower sat the lone figure dressed in dark finery with one leg dangling over the edge of the tower as his sight looked outward from his mask to the forest and fields beyond.
“This place must have been beautiful at one point, the sky, the grass… Perhaps the occasional beast. But my has it gotten dark these-“ The finely dressed figure stopped in his speech as he looked out to the places beyond his location, as in the distance the place went from the common dusk-like lighting to something a bit brighter.
“My, what do we have here… Tell me the odds.” As his voice spoke he flicked his left hand, four playing cards appearing in its grasp as each had a familiar face upon it. Names written on each as an unforeseen smile was felt upon the card-holder’s mysterious visage. “Ah, lovely, some proper entertainment.” Keeping the cards within his hands he watched in the distant direction the lights had come from, it had been some time since Cadigan had gotten to partake in altering outcomes.​

"Well now, I must be dreaming." Above Cadigan sat a hooded figure, suspended upside down with his legs crossed as if to sit where the ceiling that once was. A toothy grin seems almost like a painting under water in the shadow that covered his face, waving but not opening as he spoke, looking directly down at the fellow.

"Of all the Guardians still alive I would have figured the Odds to be the first to be annihilated when the impossible happened. Then again, when the impossible happens the odds can only change."

Wej then stared out to the the ruckus that thundered in the distance. "Light is becoming consumed by darkness. The embodiment of all nightmares. Perhaps that is why you're excited. A turning point in the War? A victor foreseen? Or are you just stacking the deck without a poker face?"

Cadigan’s head barely moved as the voice spoke above him but his feeling of a smile widened. The familiar voice of one commonly seen Guardian from before the fall, a friend in Cadigan’s eyes but perhaps not the same in their eyes. “My dear Dreamer, you should know by now that the Odds always change, and that Chance is always a part of even our long lives.” Giving a soft chuckle as he returned his eyes to the cards in his hand, looking over each again slowly. “Though I could say the same for you if I did not know better, but I know that Dreams deal frequently in Chance for those who choose to seek them… I always enjoyed the long Odds you brought about.”

The feeling upon his face vanished in the next moment as he looked out into the distance with Wej, hand still holding the cards upright for him to view. “He was always a nightmare DaFooly, Light is not absolutely pure. Many have claimed it’s use in ill quests. But I am excited for many a reason, the first being the Odds were in my favor today for entertainment.” He gave pause and set the four cards face-down upon his stable leg, and made to adjust his mask before his tone became serious. “Of all the fighters present there is one Chance favors over the others if only for his tactics. No poker face is the best tactic for one can never know if you are merely faking, though I will say I only stack the deck when the Odds are unfair in my opinion.” His tone continued as his body straightened in its position and he glanced at the brim of his hat.

“I grew curious one day of how long we would be assigned to this hellish fate. To kill and fight our brothers and sisters of eons until the end, but the cards did not offer me much warmth. I do know this war is reaching a point of change, that is something I am wholeheartedly certain of… But what change I do not know, perhaps we shall all finally meet our end in the coming days, perhaps one of us will discover how this all came to be.” Cadigan gave a hearty laugh and looked to the distance again and his tone returned to a cheerful one. “You should know what I think, I’ve dreamt of the day the change happens ever since my curiosity was my better. Though, dreams are dreams and I fear I have no say in whether mine is achievable or just a dream.”

“Now! Pick two numbers from one, two, three and four! I wish to see whose sleeve I’m hiding the ace in, and who the cards decide to torture!” Nearly shouting in his excitable mood he picked the cards up again in his left hand, his right moving to wave over the top of them with gloved fingers waving over them.​

Looking down he no longer wore his faux grin but instead were the numbers 3 and 1, but the 3 was backwards.
"You know I shouldn't be dealing in the affairs of Reality. That would upset the natural balance. "
The sarcasm of his last statement was utterly palpable.

He gandered at the ensuing brawl again. His voice deepened into a somber starkness. "I fear Adriel may soon stray too far from his light and become an abysmal force of darkness. And worse, he may be better suited for it. Typically a Guardian of Light would have diminished in power completely maybe 10 times over if they were as embracive as He is of this war. He has an unheard of tolerance against the encroaching of the Darkness. Perhaps more than simply a tolerance for it... If that is the case He could become nigh unstoppable. In the End the first thing to go is the Light." Pausing to the sound of cards being dealt with. "You should have a talk with him. See if he likes to play catch," he added lightheartedly.

That's when he noticed the action had all moved to ground level and he couldn't see beneath the trees as well. Tilting his head to the side like a confused dog and muttered to himself. "Then again, Adriel isn't the only one with incredible potential..."

Cadigan looked up and saw the numbers, noticing the three was strangely backwards, but it didn’t matter much to him as the cards became faceless as his hand wandered. Grabbing the first from the left, and counting to the third from the right and as this was done the other two vanished in a puff of smoke. The two cards in his right hand now regaining their faces to reveal two of the Guardians. “Ah Seneca and Agni! Energy and Fire, my my this is a tension filled match.” His voice carried a tone of glee now as he grabbed Agni’s card with his left hand, right hand keeping hold of Seneca’s. “Now, you Seneca, I remember your skill lightly but I know your strategy and strength are always a pleasant mystery. So you, shall take the hit today to even the playing field.” Holding his right hand over the edge of the crumbling tower he released the card and let it drift towards the ground. Now Seneca would find his attacks may miss where they should have grazed, and his own footing often lead to a slight stumble, it was not much of an alteration in Chance but Cadigan knew the Guardian of Energy could handle such slight mishaps.
Alveolar Exchanged Alveolar Exchanged

Then he looked to the card of Agni. “The Fire-bearer, a form of light and warmth. Today a somewhat hesitant fighter. Hm, may your fire burn brighter and your senses be prepared.” Saying this to the card he gave it a light throw upwards before it vanished in smoke, Agni would now find his fiery attacks and defenses to burn brighter and hotter than before and his senses slightly sharper than a moment ago. Still not much of an alteration but his chances now stood on par with those of Adriel, yet still under Seneca… But unseen did Hayle’s chances change as well due to similar hopes for the outcome from Angi.
Redakai Redakai

The cards dealt with he regained his comfortable position and listened to Wej speak and offer a suggestion. “Well approaching him alone is wishing a wound, even with my Chances. But I see your meaning, he is rather attuned for this place and this war… suspiciously so, though I will say that ever since the Fall we have all become attuned in our own ways. But catch? He’d throw an orb my way in response, though to say I wouldn’t play off of that is to lie.” The feeling returned to his face in form of a great smile, then he stood up and look to Wej. “Shall we find a more suitable viewing point? I’d hate to miss out on most of the action, plus I may wish to step in.” Standing in place he awaits for DaFooly’s answer, Cadigan was going either way but he’d hate to leave Wej without company.​

Adriel chuckled and shook his head. The Guardian of Energy steping in. He often didn't but he must of struck a cord somehow ad made them step in. "What else is there to do? It is called war for a reason my friend. So how about joining in it for a change?"

Adriel flicks his whip into the air creating loud cracks within the air. From the cracks light sparks out and his whip starts to pulse on and off with a glow. "I really do wish I hadn't any need to fight. But I've been so bored lately. I cannot help it"

Alveolar Exchanged Alveolar Exchanged

Agni tilts his head to dodge the orb coming his way. "If your bored, then just hone your skills. It's a great pass time. But instead you go to the first Guardian you see and you want to fight. You can't possibly be that bored. I mean what will happen if you do eliminate all your enemies? Your just going to kill all of humanity? All of those innocent souls?! You might as well be the Guardian of Death!"

Agni says looking at Adriel all the Guardians present, ready to fight. He hates senseless fights and what started it was the Guardian of light. He looked at Adriel in the eyes as a scowl formed on his face and his eyes glow a light tint of red. "Do you really not care about this world and it's inhabitants on it? What am I saying, of course you don't. You don't care about anything except you."

Agni's sword ignited and it shined as bright as the light orbs. The grass beneath him catches on fire as well but he doesn't care. All he wants is to just walk away but he knows that isn't going to be easy. "What is the point of fighting each other? Do you even remember because I don't! Do you just fight for fun?! Just go up to a living being and kill it for being in your line of sight?!" Agni yelled at Adriel as the scowl turned to a murderous look.

InsistentPatchwork InsistentPatchwork

Last edited:
Adriel chuckled. "Once these lands are cleared of us Guardians they will flourish again. So there is no need to fret for the wild life. All will be balanced out again in a few millennium." He furrows his brow at Agnis last questions. "I don't recall the reason. But give me a some time and maybe it will come back. Or be completely forgotten as it might already be... All I know is that we've been fighting for so long now it is like everyday life. So that's what we shall do." He flicks his whip at Agni to wrap it around his ankle to try and trip him.

Redakai Redakai

Adriel's whip wraps around Agni's ankle and he seems to have been falling backwards but instead he lands on his feet due to him doing a back flip and prepares for the fight that is about to ensue. He looked at Adriel with medium red eyes. He stretched his arms by twirling his sword with right hand and then his left hand to adjust his arms to wake them up. He did this a couple more times and then with the sword in his left hand he sliced the at the air and stopped when it was extended outward left. The embers from the flames all around him rise all around him as if to act as his aura. The flames spread in all directions, lighting up the forest with a bright light. "So is this the warm up or do you want to skip to the real fight?" Agni said with venom.

InsistentPatchwork InsistentPatchwork

Last edited:
DaFooly giggled like a kid that couldn't keep a secret.
"I can see just fine from up there." And then he waved to a figure off in the distance above the other Guardians, as though it were there the the whole time. It waved back in unison with Wej.
"It was nice to just hang out. But it's about time we dropped in on all the excitement." His giggling echoed as he began to slowly float down, still upside down when he dropped through the floor like a ghost. The figure in the distance also began to drop slowly until he was completely out of Cadigan's sight.

"You kids shouldn't play so rough," Wej said, coming out from behind a tree nearby the ferocious Guardians. He wore a disheveled tuxedos whilst sucking down the last of a sugary beverage. "Someone's gonna start cryin'."

InsistentPatchwork InsistentPatchwork Redakai Redakai Alveolar Exchanged Alveolar Exchanged

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back