• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Dragons OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Failed to protect the queen, suicide time.
Smh
Atleast go out taking as many kings men with you.

Okay so my umpteenth question: How does magic work in this setting? What powers it? Faith? Or is it just a universal force that can be tapped into? Is it strictly "supernatural" or is it seen as part of the natural world?

I wrote....a dang biography of Gortho's life. Gawd...should I cut this down, or do y'all not mind reading a page and half Google doc sized bio. Xd

Good question! There are three basic forms of magic:

Arcane: This is magic created by manipulating the Weave, a magical veil that permiates the world. It requires either study and intricate knowledge, a connection to powerful magical energies, or making a pact with an otherworldly being and becoming a warlock.

Divine: Divine magic comes from the Positive Energy plane, and comes from faith, either to a deity or to an oath. Divine magic does not always come from a god, but it often does.

Nature Magic: Nature magic is what druids use. It consists of manipulating the natural energies of the universe: creation, destruction, life, death etc. It's the most loose of the magics, as it's more about intuition than knowledge or faith.

Ah ok, gotcha. I mean, I..think, Gortho has the potential to make friends, though I mean, she's legit all kinds of unstable Xd. But I think, she'd take an orc over anyone else. *when your char thinks friends are overated* lol

My orc is just a little squire who is just looking for her father. She would probably think you were the coolest thing since sliced cheese.

idk yet im researching squires, I also don't know how the lore for each species will work. I assume it's the general with elves living long, orcs being a little lower than that with female orcs outliving men and so forth and so forth.

Ah I see yuh. Medieval fantasy has such a wide space of knowldge, better yet, there's different forms of it.
I honestly thought orcs outlived humans by a few 20 years, but I think i was getting them mixed up with elves, and then I had to do a bit of research about enchantments. But then after 4 super complicated sites, I decided to just give my girl a semi-infinity stone.

I will have my Lady up tomorrow.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof My character is a cook (for the army not the court) im sure you ran into her along with the other cooks. I'm down for establishing what kind if any relationship they have.

If they cook for the rebellion, they would know about Saria.
Not sure if Saria eats with the queen or the army, since she is oftenly close to the queen to guard her. If she does eat with the army (since she's not a noble, only a mercenary), then the cooks would know the woman with the insatiable hunger.

My idea for orcs is that they breed really fast, and age fast as well. The average orc is physically mature around the age of fourteen, but it's about average for half orcs. And orcs don't live very long either, with the average lifespan being around fifty, but again, half orcs do live around the average life span of a human.

Mhm, ok. Yeah, I'm used to playing demons and satyres, which live like, two and four times as long as a human.
When it comes to my two chars, I can Tithys to be a very well respected person in the kingdom. Just because of how old he is and what he's been through. Not to mention he'd do pretty much anything for the lords and lady's, and especially the queen. So, most likely, he'll have known relationships with most of the royals.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof due to Saria's position, I think she'd find him beside most doors and maybe in conversation in certain court meetings. Because of the reports he brings back and the knowledge he has of wars. If you want to discuss anything more, I'd be interested.

Then, mhm, when it comes down to lil ol' Gortho, she's just going to try her best to frick everything up. She's most likely going to stay alongside Darius a lot of the time, just because of how emotionally unstable he is lol. Then, if there WeRe to be any communication with her from the rebellion, I think the bio I made, gives enough info of what she'll do. Though, despite her never needing anyone in her entire life, that makes her suscetiple to a bit of kindness. So pretty much, show her you care from the heart and she might just trust you. That's what happens when your too badass to think straight.

I love the first one it looks like a sort of angelic Golem

Probably...this weekend, maybe? And that's fine!

In the meantime, I've added the lore page! The first post is about the main religion we'll be dealing with, and I'll add more later.
Would you mind if I filled in a couple of bits about old elf lore?

Darius literarly has just a few brainless henchmen, a mischievous half-orc general, going against like...a nearly whole kingdom, with orcs ruled by her stubborn "royal majesty."

Watch there be like some big 'ol boss lord that we all gotta go up against. Lol.
Sun resents this, he may be a henchman but he is not brainless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back