• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom War of the Ancients [OOC Chat]

Hey, was wondering, will my Druid be able to shape shift at any point? If so will Strength and Dex effect me as say a bear or panther? I'm asking cause if not I may just switch up my skills
Druids will not be able to shape shift in the foreseeable future. In about Act 4 or 5 I might allow for it, but that'll be a ways away.

Druids will not be able to shape shift in the foreseeable future. In about Act 4 or 5 I might allow for it, but that'll be a ways away.
Hmm, trying to think If I want to switch up my stats....

Would higher Int be useful for a Druid?

Hmm, trying to think If I want to switch up my stats....

Would higher Int be useful for a Druid?

Starting off, yes. Later, not as much but still useful. Seconded only by Wisdom. Speaking for combat stats though, in civil settings, they're equally viable for a druid.

Starting off, yes. Later, not as much but still useful. Seconded only by Wisdom. Speaking for combat stats though, in civil settings, they're equally viable for a druid.
Thank you, will probably change that then, doubt Str or Dex will do much for me at the moment

I'll edit this link into the intro post for the OOC thread, but this is a list of the demonic races. I would recommend using this as a reference for the appearances of the enemies you are fighting. I will describe them as you confront them, but finding them on here will give you the visual should you desire it.

The Demonic Races

Welcome aboard, Äsrï룣 Äsrï룣 ! Just start posting with the group, you're just in time.

I would note in passing that you're character's appearance is very Quel'dorei. The Kal'dorei have bluish, purple skin, blue, green, or silver hair, and almost uniformly have silver or white eyes (the rare exception being gold which is a case where the elf is born with abnormally great potential).

Last edited:
Thanks! It's actually pretty sweet to be here.

To be honest, I actually have no clue what you're trying to say with that. I guess I should change his appearance?

Thanks! It's actually pretty sweet to be here.

To be honest, I actually have no clue what you're trying to say with that. I guess I should change his appearance?

*facepalm* Yes. I didn't specify my request, that was my bad. I'd ask that you revise your character's appearance to match. Check out this link. That section will have all the info you need.

So, I couldn't find where our dearest Raziel Raziel put up the rolling system so I will elaborate. You are going to roll on the Roll20 board. In the chat just type: /roll 1d20+2 (for example) and you will roll one twenty-sided die with a +2 modifier. When you roll for a skill, you roll "1d20." Circumstances that require an additional dice or a different die will be made mentioned. Now, I will be able to see the chat logs. Roll once and if you roll low, you roll low, it happens and it also just makes things more interesting. Now to hit, you also do a 1d20 (/roll 1d20+0). A roll that is 1-5 is a 100% miss. 6-10 is a partial hit and will deal 50% potential damage. 11-15 is a successful hit and 16-20 is in the critical strike zone. If you land a 16 or higher, you get to roll a 1d6 (/roll 1d6+0). If you get a 5-6, you deal 200% potential damage. Anything lower and you just land your regular successful hit.

This might be confusing, so I encourage any and all of you to ask questions without hesitation. This is a homebrew dice roll system, I know, but that's because 5e seemed to say "fuck it" and 3e is a bit more complex for those who are not familiar with D&D so I tried to make a simpler system from what I knew.

So, I couldn't find where our dearest Raziel Raziel put up the rolling system so I will elaborate. You are going to roll on the Roll20 board. In the chat just type: /roll 1d20+2 (for example) and you will roll one twenty-sided die with a +2 modifier. When you roll for a skill, you roll "1d20." Circumstances that require an additional dice or a different die will be made mentioned. Now, I will be able to see the chat logs. Roll once and if you roll low, you roll low, it happens and it also just makes things more interesting. Now to hit, you also do a 1d20 (/roll 1d20+0). A roll that is 1-5 is a 100% miss. 6-10 is a partial hit and will deal 50% potential damage. 11-15 is a successful hit and 16-20 is in the critical strike zone. If you land a 16 or higher, you get to roll a 1d6 (/roll 1d6+0). If you get a 5-6, you deal 200% potential damage. Anything lower and you just land your regular successful hit.

This might be confusing, so I encourage any and all of you to ask questions without hesitation. This is a homebrew dice roll system, I know, but that's because 5e seemed to say "fuck it" and 3e is a bit more complex for those who are not familiar with D&D so I tried to make a simpler system from what I knew.

So if you roll a 20, then a 4, you would just do standard damage? In that case, why not just make it a crit if you roll a 19/20, or some alternative.

No, no. Rolling a 4 on a d20 would be a miss. 11-15 on the d20 is standard damage. And I threw in the d6 bit because of the way Raziel Raziel wanted to do critical strike potency and critical strike chance (the 16-20 on the d20 being potency and the d6 being chance) and how some abilities and items will buff them separately.

No, no. Rolling a 4 on a d20 would be a miss. 11-15 on the d20 is standard damage. And I threw in the d6 bit because of the way Raziel Raziel wanted to do critical strike potency and critical strike chance (the 16-20 on the d20 being potency and the d6 being chance) and how some abilities and items will buff them separately.

I meant a 20 on the d20 and then a 4 on the d6.
Also, when rolling for a basic attack, is 3 therefore the lowest possible result with the modifier applied, but skills can still result in a 1?

I meant a 20 on the d20 and then a 4 on the d6.
Also, when rolling for a basic attack, is 3 therefore the lowest possible result with the modifier applied, but skills can still result in a 1?
Oh, then yeah that would not be considered a critical strike.

No the hit roll (which is also applicable to basic attacks) is only modified by accuracy modifiers or enemy block, dodge, or parry modifiers. The "+2" Weapon Damage is the base. I told her not to add the "+" because it would cause confusion, but alas. Weapons later will have values like "Weapon Damage 2+2d8" as D&D players are more likely used to having. If you have a proficiency in a skill (which would be the ones you have chosen) should never result in a 1 unless you have a negative proficiency. From what I have found in 5e of D&D, no proficiency in a skill is the equivalent of a -5 modifier. In this case, if you roll 20 in a skill but don't have proficiency, that skill will give you as much information as a roll of 15.

I still feel really stupid about the whole roll thing. The tutorial wasn't at all helping with explaining anything. Help please Dx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back