• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom War of the Ancients [OOC Chat]

Raziel

Keeper of Secrets
Kal'therien Lodge

42127a932257c64eaa8f67f4a93d6f37.jpg

Greetings! Welcome to the Kal'therien Lodge. Please enjoy our refreshments at your leisure and if you would like to stay the night, we can arrange for your visit. Feel free to enjoy the commons as you'd like and make new friends in these parts.

Roll for Hit:
No matter what your attack is (basic attack, ultimate spell, or basic ability), a hit roll is required. The roll will be on a twenty-sided die and will be affected by friendly accuracy modifiers and enemy block, dodge, or parry modifiers. The roll will equate as follows:
1-5 Miss
6-10 Partial Hit, 50% Potential Damage
11-15 Successful Hit, 100% Potential Damage
16-20 Potential Critical Strike
Upon rolling a "potential critical strike," one must then roll a six-sided die. A roll of 5 or 6 will result in 200% potential damage and a roll of 3 or 4 will result in 150% potential damage. The remaining numbers will be counted as a "successful hit" with no critical strike bonus.

Some weapons will also have a die modifier on them. Whatever the first variable is is the base damage and the die will be the damage added onto it which is rolled to provide additional variation.

Roll for Skills:
In situations of using one's skills, one twenty-sided die will suffice in the majority of cases. If a situation demands different or more dice, I will make it clear to avoid confusion. The roll of your die will be modified by your proficiency in the skill (+# Skill). If you do not have proficiency, then the modifier will be -5.

References for the RP:
The Board (Roll20)
Demonic Races

Links
RP Thread
Character Information

Last edited:
Raziel Raziel
Just a question for attributes, how should we assign points? Like what is the number of points we have to work with?

All. I'm also revising the character skeleton just a little bit (I'm adding a couple of things).
Sounds good! hope it's ok I won't be using a bbcode for my sheet, not really skilled with that. Hoping the quality of the charrie sheet will be good enough

Sounds good! hope it's ok I won't be using a bbcode for my sheet, not really skilled with that. Hoping the quality of the charrie sheet will be good enough

As I said previously, I will be judging on quality. As long as I can read it legibly, you're fine. Fonts, tabs, and occasional accordions are the extent of my bbcode, so I empathize with not knowing a lot.

As I said previously, I will be judging on quality. As long as I can read it legibly, you're fine. Fonts, tabs, and occasional accordions are the extent of my bbcode, so I empathize with not knowing a lot.
Awesome, will have mine up later today most likely =)

Alright, after comparing and contrasting the two priestesses, I have made my decision. As I have previously stated, I judged based on the quality of the content I was provided in comparison to the content of which I was looking for.

With that, here's what I came up with in comparing and contrasting the two characters sheets against what I was looking for.

Asteraflora Asteraflora
  • Character description was simple and informative.
  • Description was too vague.
Keidivh Keidivh
  • Character description was creative and thought-out.
  • Description was more than I had asked for.
Thus, I will accept Asteraflora Asteraflora as the "Priestess of the Moon." While I definitely wanted to see more details (like age and more information on her personality) from the character description, it leaves room for growth that would inevitably happen while in-game. But please specify your age in your character sheet.

Keidivh Keidivh While I liked the premise of your character, there was too much information and the character was given experience when there should be none and that was ultimately the deciding factor. With that in mind, I do hope you find another class that you would enjoy playing and keep this critique in mind. I would point you towards Ravenheart Ravenheart 's character sheet to see a perfect example of what I sought. I was hoping it would go up first so that the both of you would have a reference as to what I wanted to see in these character sheets, but alas, he was beat to the punch.

Alright, after comparing and contrasting the two priestesses, I have made my decision. As I have previously stated, I judged based on the quality of the content I was provided in comparison to the content of which I was looking for.

With that, here's what I came up with in comparing and contrasting the two characters sheets against what I was looking for.

Asteraflora Asteraflora

• Character description was simple and informative.
    • Description was too vague.
Keidivh Keidivh

• Character description was creative and thought-out.
    • Description was more than I had asked for.
Thus, I will accept Asteraflora Asteraflora as the "Priestess of the Moon." While I definitely wanted to see more details (like age and more information on her personality) from the character description, it leaves room for growth that would inevitably happen while in-game. But please specify your age in your character sheet.

Keidivh Keidivh While I liked the premise of your character, there was too much information and the character was given experience when there should be none and that was ultimately the deciding factor. With that in mind, I do hope you find another class that you would enjoy playing and keep this critique in mind. I would point you towards Ravenheart Ravenheart 's character sheet to see a perfect example of what I sought. I was hoping it would go up first so that the both of you would have a reference as to what I wanted to see in these character sheets, but alas, he was beat to the punch.
That's no problem, I'll see if there is another class I'm interested in for this.

You guys played many of the games? I've finished all but the first one, still raiding in WoW
I played Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne and Vanilla through the Warlords. Unfortunately can't afford to play anymore currently. One of my favorite settings

I played Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne and Vanilla through the Warlords. Unfortunately can't afford to play anymore currently. One of my favorite settings
Yeah I wouldn't play if it wasn't for wow tokens, but I get in mythic raid sales so I make gold easily.

You guys played many of the games? I've finished all but the first one, still raiding in WoW
WarCraft through Legion and still going strong. Warrior4Life.

On a slightly different note, I'm going to post the interest check again. If you guys know anyone that would be interested in playing, send them this way! I think we need 2 more people.

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

I apologize for this delay, trust me, I'm dying over here. Just one more person and this ball will get rolling. That's all we need.

Terrokar Terrokar You made my week, good sir!

Alrighty, so in case you all haven't noticed, I put up the "prologue" on the main thread, but I'll put the initiating post up in a moment and then you guys can get posting. I also put up a posting guide at the top of the IC thread. Nothing special, really just for combat-posting, but useful nonetheless!

Terrokar Terrokar You made my week, good sir!

Alrighty, so in case you all haven't noticed, I put up the "prologue" on the main thread, but I'll put the initiating post up in a moment and then you guys can get posting. I also put up a posting guide at the top of the IC thread. Nothing special, really just for combat-posting, but useful nonetheless!

I changed some of my stats around (+2 Const, -2 Charisma), edited the needed bits but you can check it if you want

I changed some of my stats around (+2 Const, -2 Charisma), edited the needed bits but you can check it if you want

Good stuff. I fixed your health to match, but everything else is fine (mail armor grants +3 health for ever 4 points of armor; plate armor grants +4 health per every +4 armor).

Good stuff. I fixed your health to match, but everything else is fine (mail armor grants +3 health for ever 4 points of armor; plate armor grants +4 health per every +4 armor).
Hey, was wondering, will my Druid be able to shape shift at any point? If so will Strength and Dex effect me as say a bear or panther? I'm asking cause if not I may just switch up my skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Back