• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice War of Despair (Exalted 3e) - OOC

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Clarifying question about something... Now, Hadria doesn't actually have War, so she's not really rolling it (although I suppose she still could). I'm curious as to what, if any, mechanical effects the salt lines had on combat. (I tried to look it up in Ex3, but only found it referencing ghosts, so maybe I'm just misremembering that it was all mindless undead previously. If so, oops. I'll blame it on her Occult 1 and my real-life Lore failure.)
If I was right and salt/germinated grain lines affect all mindless undead, I was hoping the dead would not be "press[ing in] on all sides." This is probably just a situation of me misunderstanding something and thus picking a stupid thing to do, but I thought I'd ask.

The question is for more than just the combat, really, because she sure did spend a lot of salt in this scene... >.< (Thank goodness she's insanely rich.)

Is the "Leadership" of the requested roll something that is Presence or War naturally (before stunting for something else)? Although, when I'm thinking of her trying to step up and be a charismatic leader, it's more like stepping into an appropriate job/function that she sees the need for in the situation (which I would love to be Socialize, but sort of worry might be Performance).

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Clarifying question about something... Now, Hadria doesn't actually have War, so she's not really rolling it (although I suppose she still could). I'm curious as to what, if any, mechanical effects the salt lines had on combat. (I tried to look it up in Ex3, but only found it referencing ghosts, so maybe I'm just misremembering that it was all mindless undead previously. If so, oops. I'll blame it on her Occult 1 and my real-life Lore failure.)
If I was right and salt/germinated grain lines affect all mindless undead, I was hoping the dead would not be "press[ing in] on all sides." This is probably just a situation of me misunderstanding something and thus picking a stupid thing to do, but I thought I'd ask.

The question is for more than just the combat, really, because she sure did spend a lot of salt in this scene... >.< (Thank goodness she's insanely rich.)

Is the "Leadership" of the requested roll something that is Presence or War naturally (before stunting for something else)? Although, when I'm thinking of her trying to step up and be a charismatic leader, it's more like stepping into an appropriate job/function that she sees the need for in the situation (which I would love to be Socialize, but sort of worry might be Performance).
No! The salt is important and totally works. I must have missed her spreading it or don't remember. It's definitely holding them back. I'll amend the post.

As for what attribute/ability, I can really see any of the above working. It would follow how you RP what Hadria is doing. Does that make sense?

No! The salt is important and totally works. I must have missed her spreading it or don't remember. It's definitely holding them back. I'll amend the post.

As for what attribute/ability, I can really see any of the above working. It would follow how you RP what Hadria is doing. Does that make sense?
It was just along the sides of the streets (and making a grid, not here, but over where the bigger combat/ambush was happening), from the caravans, that way they had safe sides and no one should be sneaking up behind.

Greenstalker Greenstalker would you like to still go blow-by-blow with these abominations? I'm good with running the combat if you're having fun chopping them to bits. But, the question in the scene I see is if you're able to save Gennis and his men from being completely wiped out by them. We could resolve that in a roll and move forward.

You're call. I'm having fun with it and will either way.
We can do that Honestly Wukang is not a character that fits to big battles maybe the abomination he kills open enough space for Gennis and his men to escape?

We can do that Honestly Wukang is not a character that fits to big battles maybe the abomination he kills open enough space for Gennis and his men to escape?
Yep. Perfect. I think the only real conflict there is time. How long does it take to create that opening? I'll get something in there for you.

It was just along the sides of the streets (and making a grid, not here, but over where the bigger combat/ambush was happening), from the caravans, that way they had safe sides and no one should be sneaking up behind.
Your post is awesome. But, did you want me to restructure mine so the salt comes into play earlier? I mean, I'm going to bring it in no matter what. Whatever you want.

Your post is awesome. But, did you want me to restructure mine so the salt comes into play earlier? I mean, I'm going to bring it in no matter what. Whatever you want.
Your previous post is fine, because to Hadria (even though she planned for this with the salt and everything), as she's no battle-hardened warrior (just used to dealing with 1-on-1 attacks to murder her), I think it fits as a "it feels like they are pressing in from all sides!" Also, well, they might be, but then just stand there at the edge of the salt, so in the adrenaline-pumping moment you're like "Oh my god, zombies everywhere!"
So... it's fine, as I interpreted as what she (or maybe the mortals) were feeling.

Can Sasha see any response from the defenders of the city to the presence of her and her fighting force outside the city walls? She has been throwing explosions around, and her anima is blazing like nobody's business. Or is the city too caught up with the other undead attacks to react?

Can Sasha see any response from the defenders of the city to the presence of her and her fighting force outside the city walls? She has been throwing explosions around, and her anima is blazing like nobody's business. Or is the city too caught up with the other undead attacks to react?
I must have missed the description! What does her Iconic Anima look like? ( I can't find it on her character sheet, either... So I may be double-blind.)

If they'd planned this reunion previously, we could say that Hadria dispatched agents to hide in the wall, until Sasha's group gets near, then throw down ropes or ladders. The Guild HQ is a long way from the walls, unfortunately, so she can't directly help... A giant solar beam to the sky is something I should probably have her react to, though. Next post for that. :)

Also, the impression I've gotten is that Nexus is pretty much lost to fighting, street-to-street, with only those who couldn't [or just won't] leave the city still around. Hidden and/or fortified collections of survivors, but with lots of undead inside.

Wukang is currently in a dark alley and his current problem is Gennis and his men pulling out before giving too much loss and increasing undeads unnecessarily even if he could see Sashas display he might not be react on time since Nexus is a large city

Formal defenders from Nexus have long since left. Though, you know Hadria and Sun are in there somewhere fighting. The caged people you just save will have some information for you on some trapped citizens. I had also figured there might be a small group on the wall where you're at, just a couple of soldiers, who have been living up there picking the dead off since the invasion started. I was thinking they're pretty trapped up there, considering themselves already dead but unwilling to give up.

With ALL that said, you anima probably will draw a few things to you, good and bad.

...Waiting for those rules, WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
So, I those Strategems are not as applicable as I had hoped. They're...more like thresholds? So, instead, I leave it up to you. Would you rather continue turn-by-turn combat or do a single roll for the conflict where you can tell me how and we decide what roll fits best. You'd be able to use Charms, of course.

We can do a single roll for simplicity's sake.
Excellent. The zombies consider you and Crocodile Crocodile as the current greatest threat. They are going to do their best to swarm, surround, and consume you both. How are you going to engage them? And you can work together to do so. Basically, this will determine what the roll will be.

Holy crap. I made it out alive. The whole family got what the baby had. It put me down hard. Sorry for the delay. Let's keep this moving.

Excellent. The zombies consider you and Crocodile Crocodile as the current greatest threat. They are going to do their best to swarm, surround, and consume you both. How are you going to engage them? And you can work together to do so. Basically, this will determine what the roll will be.
Blackadder Blackadder / Crocodile Crocodile what are your thoughts on this?

I imagine if they're going to focus on us, the Diamond Hounds will seek to flank and envelop them, along with the local forces.

I'm going to wait to hear from Crocodile Crocodile before I add more for us specifically.

Sorry, I live. I have to agree its better they go for us. It lets the supporting forces try to break them more.

Something interesting come to my mind about Nexus. What happened to six tombs? I mean there is literally undead walking in streets and in Daughter of Nexus module one of tombs (though it might not be one of six but it was definitely a night caste soars from first age that died during usurpation) had enough negative energy to become a shadowland (though there was some other good info's in daughter of nexus) And iirc these six tombs were first age solars that died in Nexus during usurpation and tombs made to house their bodies (and equipment) so hey won't return as undead. Are these tombs still intact? if so does undead try to enter or stay away from them (strong magic was protecting these tombs against grave robbers and such)

Sherwood Sherwood I'm still wondering: What does Sasha's Iconic Banner look like?
It certainly might be a more specific clue for Wukang to figure out who's at the wall.

So, Blackadder Blackadder and Crocodile Crocodile , let's do a Strategic Warfare roll. Basically, a Intelligence + War roll. I imagine Cleon will be the better choice as the primary. Ozric can roll to aid, thought I can't seem to find a way to roll to help in this game...

As with strategic warfare, pic your stratagem and I'll add to this list:
  • -1 — General knows nothing at all about opposing general
  • +2 — The players have roleplayed one or more scenes in which they obtained some concrete advantage over the enemy or harmed the enemy army (stealing its secrets, devastating its supply lines, killing a famous hero of the opposing forces, etc)
The undead really have no stratagem. They're just trying to overwhelm you.

Bump UnassumingBoxCat UnassumingBoxCat :
Great Forks: Lumen

The fierce-eyed woman draws her two axes and nods. You both run to the temple, cutting down undead to make a path, fires raging all around you. Once there you find the main temple doors smashed and the dead are pouring in. The back section of the building is on fire.

“No!” the fierce-eyed woman cries. “They’re trapped! We have to do something!” Her muscles expand, she grows taller, her skin fills with hair, and her face takes the shape of a white tiger. She roars and leaps into the undead at the main entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back