• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

War of Despair (Exalted 3e) - IC

Nexus:

Hadria nodded in return, subtly sanctifying the agreement with the authority granted her by Heaven. The mercenary seemed dejected enough that he should not prove an immediate problem, but she knew that to let such disloyalty fester (and, further, to reward one for playing at mutiny) would inevitably lead to further difficulties. Additional difficulties were not something she cared to invite, considering the dire straits the River Province was in, as well as the broad ambitions held by both her and her companions.

As the slaughter grew louder, she snapped shut Poise and gave a wide gesture for everyone to go faster. As the caravan picked up speed, she moved near the front of the line once more. The screams would cover more of the caravan's noise, but also meant the time they had bought was likely running short. She needed to get her people into the First Age tower that the Guild had abandoned. Then would come the question of whether those twelve-stories held something dangerous.

10 personal motes, 1 willpower spent.
Currently at:
3/13 Personal
26/33 Peripheral.
4/5 Willpower

I now also realize I forgot to use the 3 free dice from Harmonious Presence Meditation, but, hey, these things happen.
Oh, and even though they're not really Artifacts, she's named her ironwood war fan "Poise" and her feathersteel hooksword "Wit." Just to clarify.

Todora Castle in the Hundred Kingdoms and Surroundings: Ozric & Cleon

Ozric, you knowledge is deep by itself. Your sense of occult is nigh unmatched. But with your Sun-given gifts, Creation’s secrets and beyond are laid bare. The three Behemoths on the field border invincibility. Their undead status gives them advantages beyond what they had when they were living. They are capable of laying waste to armies and nations.

But there is a fatal flaw. They are vulnerable to Solar Essence. The Sun’s power that flows through his Chosen can tear through these horrible monsters. And you also figure salt is effective on them, just like any other undead minion.

Cleon, you and your men charge the undead flank, catching them unaware. You smash through their ranks cutting them down as you go. Your wedge formation splits them in two.

Cleon, what was the plan? Are you and yours riding for the gatehouse and the walls? Or something else?

Yes for the moment. Also as part of their turn, Cleon will make an order action and the Diamond Hounds will make a withering attack as they cut through.

Order Action
Int + War: 10D10 = [4, 8, 5, 5, 1, 6, 8, 1, 8, 2]
Four Glories Meditation: 1D10 = [6] = 6
Four Glories Meditation: 1D10 = [1] = 1
Elite bonus: 2D10 = [6, 10]
Four Glories Meditation: 1D10 = [2]
5 successes, +5 dice to the Diamond Hounds' attack roll.

So they get 20 dice on this withering attack roll.
Diamond Hounds Attack: 20D10 = 10 successes
And since it would appear the stratagem was successful, this is an ambush attack, so their DV is 0.

Total pre-soak damage is 26d10, including the War God boost.

Lumen

Lumen shoulders past her, starting towards the fevered woman, but as the fever consumes her and she slumps to the ground, he sighs and turns back around. "I am the Knight of Solerus, and I come to save those I can from the undead. To change the subject for a second, you seem...otherworldly, for lack of a better word. Who might you be, and what is your purpose here?"

Nexus

Sun Wukang
Essence
Essence: 1
Personal: 13 (13)
Peripheral: 10 (33) [5 attuned, 13 committed, 2 mote recovered at end of previous round, 5 mote spend]
8 mote to Ebon Shadow Form, 5 mote to Sensory Acuity Prana, 2 mote to monkey leap technique, 3 mote to blinding battle feint
Willpower: 5{/slide}
Ebon Shadow Form

Cost: 8m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 1
Type: Simple
Keywords: Form, Mute
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Nothing But Shadows, Seven
Points of Weakness Strike

The martial artist’s outline begins to distort and flicker, as if it were a shadow cast by a candle’s unsteady flame. She moves with eerie speed and unnatural grace, making her enemies question whether she is even human. If her anima banner flares, it seems shapeless and dark, an umbral mantle enveloping her in its depths. Any enemy who fails an opposed roll to spot her when she enters stealth loses a point of Initiative, and she adds (her Stealth/2, round up) to her base Initiative when she resets after making a decisive unexpected attack. She also adds +1 to her Defense. If the martial artist is killed while in the Ebon Shadow Form, her body evaporates into an acrid black smoke, leaving behind no physical remains by which she might be identified.

Special activation rules: Whenever the martial artist makes a Stealth roll in combat that beats the opposing rolls of all enemies in the combat, she may reflexively activate Ebon Shadow Form. Enemies within range lose Initiative for failing their roll as described above.
Sensory Acuity Prana

Cost: 5m; Mins: Awareness 2, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: None
Prerequisite Charms: None

A breath of Essence seals the five senses into a more perfect form. The Solar’s senses are heightened and attuned to minute motions and sounds, dim and noisy conditions. She can differentiate between subtle tastes and textures with only the slightest variation. Thus sharpened, it is more difficult for characters to escape her notice, or to deceive her hunting senses. For the rest of the scene, the Exalt’s Awareness rolls benefit from double 9s. If the effect of any Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline applies, reroll 6s until they cease to appear. Use of Sensory Acuity Prana comes without the danger of sensory overload; the Charm helps the Solar manage her senses more effectively.
Monkey Leap Technique

Cost: 2m; Mins: Athletics 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Duration: Instant

The Exalt leaps with the speed and grace of a striking hawk. Using this technique, a Solar may automatically leap forward or straight up one range band. A Solar using this Charm can easily leap to the top of a twenty foot wall or cross a Nexus street over rooftops, without having to roll. This Charm counts as the Solar’s movement for the turn. If the Solar continues to leap to a different range band each turn, the cost is reduced to one mote after the first activation.
Blinding Battle Feint

Cost: 3m; Mins: Stealth 3, Essence 1

The Solar leaps in and out of battle with nigh untraceable speed. The Exalt may use her (Dexterity + Stealth) to Join Battle. Her Join Battle result also acts as an attempt to enter Stealth. If she beats her opponent’s Awareness-based Join Battle roll, she is automatically concealed, so long as there is a viable place to hide. If her foe uses a Join Battle roll modified to use any other Ability than Awareness, then he must make an Awareness roll to spot her, suffering a penalty equal to the difference in their Initiative, even if he rolled higher. If he fails the Awareness check, the Solar still vanishes from view.
Basic Combat Values
Evasion DV: 6 (5+1 from ebon shadow)
Parry DV: 6 (5+1 from ebon shadow) (for both styles)
Resolve: 4
Guile: 3
Join Battle: 10d10+3= 10 (6 at end of his turn)

Green Jade Razor Claw (Spring Razor) acc: +5 (+5 dex +5 MA) dam: +10 (12) def:+0 OW: 3 att: 5 (tags: Lethal Brawl Conceable Worn)

Natural Soak: 4
Armored Soak: 0
Total Soak: 4
Hardness: 0

Health Levels
[ ] -0
[ ][ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I
rolls
Blinding Battle Feint/Join Battle (dexterity+Stealth): 10D10 = [3, 7, 10, 8, 4, 7, 9, 8, 3, 5] =7 success +3= 10 initiative
Gren Jade Razor Claw Attack: 12D10 = [1, 6, 1, 1, 8, 5, 1, 7, 10, 5, 3, 1] = 4 success

Green Jade Razor Claw Decisive Damage: 10D10 = [9, 5, 10, 1, 6, 9, 6, 2, 4, 7] = 4 success

Wukang jumped down from his position to streets below and quickly swims in shadows to behind closest abomination to Gennis group. His green jade razor claw suddenly extends thorn like claws from his upper hand and he aimed at back of an abomination if these things have any and with a silent move thornlike claws brought down upon abomination from shadows as if shadow itself has a will to kill the creature.

Wukang uses blinding battle feint for his join battle roll. If he beats any enemy's awareness base join battle he is concealed those who don't use awareness join battle needs to roll perception+awareness to see him with a penalty of difference of initiative.

Since he is in ebon shadow form any enemy loses awareness check (and join battle one) loses 1 initiative. He than jumps down to street level with monkey leap technique

I assume Wukang at least can sneak up to one abomination if not my action will change than he makes an unexpected (surprise to be precise so -2 to defense of abomination) decisive attack from shadows with his razor claw.

Not sure if he manage to hit if not initiative is set to 8 after losing 2 point. If it is successful initiative sets to 3+ (5/2=3)= 6 since he is in ebon shadow form and this was an unexpected decisive attack.

Attack roll includes stunt dice join battle does not.

Last edited:
"I do believe I have a solution to those behemoths. You and your men focus on fighting the fodder they brought along with them. Myself and Cleon will have to handle the beasts, though I imagine we could utilize salt upon them." Ozric said before assuming a curious pose, hands moving with the calm discipline of a sorcerer. He starts to utter words in Old Realm, his voice resonating curious in a metallic tone. His hands moving more as those close can feel him pull at the very fabric of reality. His skin on his hands turning to bronze as he assumes another pose, preparing to fully engulf himself.

Now was the time to step forward as a warrior king. He would have to strike the beasts with his empowered fists and all those other things in the way. More so he would find some means to unleash that salt upon them. Behemoths were truly awful but death feared salt and he would afflict that upon this beast. His demons perhaps could put some to use as well in a coordinated attack but again he was no general. His plans were purely theoretical. Practice would be done by those more skilled in violence.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=161739 2 Successes
Stunt for 2 successes
Spending 3 Dream Motes for 6 Sorcerous Motes
Casting Invulnerable Skin of Bronze (1 WP, 10 Sorcerous Motes so far)

Last edited:

Cleon, You have already smashed their ranks. At this point, your damage is to determine how badly. I give you the honors of rolling the pile of dice.

Ozric, General Kael nods. “Understood.” He turns to his officers. “Muster the regiment! We go to war!” He puts his helm on and dashes down the steps off the wall.

Great Forks: Lumen

She looks you up and down. Sniffs for your scent. “I am Yucreya. And this village is…was…under my protection.” She gazes at the carnage and the flames. Her eyes flash and tears well in them. “It’s lost now.” She looks back at you. “It belongs to the dead, like so many others. But you still haven’t answered my question. Who are you?”

Nexus: Hadria, Sun, Sasha

Hadria, I like it. If you’d like to retroactively roll the three dice for Harmonious Presence Meditation, I’ll note it’s success with the mercenary for later.

You’re and the caravan are away from the battle now. The tower is ahead. Just a few blocks away. The mercenaries and wagons stop at a “T” intersection. You know the route. The short way to the left would take you one street over and then a straight run down three blocks to the tower. But zombies crowd the street. They’re milling idly about as there isn’t any life here for them to snuff out. To the right, there are fewer zombies, but to get to the tower, you’d be bringing everyone through a very roundabout route that would take almost double the time.

“Which way?” asks Cyrus.

Sun, their join battle roll is 3. They definitely do not see you. The Abominations are on opposite ends of the street with Gennis’ group between them. You’ll be able to attack one this action. And yes, make sure to take a two-point stunt.

Sasha, your archers loose. A symphony of untuned strings fill the silence matched only by the scream of the arrows raining down on the undead. The zombies continue their sprint toward you.

You’re up again. Take your action.

Initiative:
You - 4<--------------
Your men - 4<------
Rann - 3
Zombies - 2

Seeing the effects of her soldiers firing into the dead gives her a grim smile. We will succeed; there is no other option to consider. Taking aim at the lead zombie, she focuses her Essence into a devastating attack, sure to unbalance the creature and prepare it to be finished off on her next shot.

OOC Spending 5m on my Archery Excellency, giving me a total of 20 dice on my Withering attack and a total of 8 successes. Let me see if I can link my roll to show my results:
Withering Attack: 20D10 = [6, 5, 3, 7, 9, 8, 10, 8, 5, 5, 6, 4, 5, 1, 7, 9, 3, 1, 5, 1] = 108

Initiative: 13
13 Personal
17 Peripheral
6 Willpower

Last edited:
Nexus:

Hadria looked to either side, frustrated that more of the dead had not been drawn away. The street to the might seem to have less zombies, but who knew what would lie around its longer path. The clamor of combat would only draw more of the hungry souls towards them, so speed was essential at this juncture. She would have to spend some resources to preserve or gain others, that was the nature of commerce, the nature of the world. Fortunately, she had purchased some in excess, for just such a situation.

Pulling out her hooksword, she gestured to the left as she looked Cyrus straight in the eyes, "I paid for your protection. Show me how much it is worth." With that, she turned away, stepping into one of the more casual Crane stances as she walked towards the thicker group of zombies. The salt lines would keep them from being ambushed, but that still left the enemy in front. Her own men kept pace as the caravan began a slower grind towards their destination, but the Eclipse hoped that the inevitable loses would come primarily form the newer mercenaries.

Nexus: Hadria, Sun, Sasha

Sun, their join battle roll is 3. They definitely do not see you. The Abominations are on opposite ends of the street with Gennis’ group between them. You’ll be able to attack one this action. And yes, make sure to take a two-point stunt.
I already rolled attack they are under rolls accordion in my previous post the attack itself was 4 success (it was a surprise attack so abomination gets a -2 defense penalty) and damage was another 4 success if it hit also all enemies loses 1 initiative because of ebon shadow forms ability.

Last edited:
Lumen

Lumen replies, "I am the Knight of Solerus. I neither have need nor want for another name, for its source is gone, vanished in the fires of ungodly war. I was like you, protector of a lonely village, and like you, too, it was destroyed. I managed to save a small portion of my village, and take them to Great Forks, which is not far from here. Let us see if we can do the same here. Are there any survivors, and if so, where might they be congregated?"

Ozric focused his mind more, feeling the growing thrill of battle with creatures of darkness. His shard flared to life in his core, flowing though his body. He began to visibly glow in the colors of twilight as warm summer air flowed around him. His Caste Mark flaring to life all the more as he continues to speak in Old Realm, invoking the powers of sorcery to shape reality around him. The spark of Wyld in his mind soared to full force as he called up its power to shape his body.

The bronze spread from his hands now, soaring across his body int beautiful shapes like rays of sunlight until they swelled to merge. The flow went down and rose up along his body, enclosing finally at his Caste Mark in dramatic fashion. Ozric sighed happily, feeling the grace of the Unconquered Sun smiling upon one of his Chosen. He was the Sorcerer King, determined to build a glorious land bathed in the ideals of the Sun again.

"We begin," Ozric intoned as he as he started down the steps now, kicking off his sandals so his bronze feet would lightly clank on the stone. Smiling at the stunned looks as he descended like the demigod he was, finally showing his true power he usually was so careful to hide. It didn't matter any longer, the Realm were useless now. This land belonged to the Solars and they would reclaim it while the Terrestrials murdered one another in civil war.

Ozric was heading to the gate, hopeful to join with Cleon and inform him of the major concerns he could factor into his battle plan. Cleon was the genius in war and Ozric fully acknowledged it with much relief. He was far too consumed in his sorcerous and political ambitions to become distracted with leading an army. It was why he and Cleon had joined forces in the first place; benefit of the other's strengths.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=162113
Join Battle
Initiative = 2
5 Personal Essence restored (Battle-level regen)

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=162114
Successes: 13
Sorcerous Motes: 10 + 13 = 23
Invulnerable Skin of Bronze casts
Restoring spent Willpower
Spent 10 Peripheral Essence
Anima Level: Dim -> Burning

Personal 8/13
Peripheral 23/33

Nexus: Sasha

Excellent shot. Take a one-point stunt. They have defense 3 giving you 5 left over successes. They have a soak of 5. Roll your damage.

Nexus: Hadria

Hadria, you and the mercenaries push down the street through zombies. They’ve taken notice and begin shambling toward you. Cyrus motions for his men to draw weapons and then points at troublesome zombies that block the way. The mercenaries peel off in pairs and engage them.

The zombies respond in kind. They surge all around you and the mercenaries, clawing and biting. A few of the mercs go down screaming and swinging their weapons. They're swallowed by the horde and torn apart.

The zombies are considered a battle group. You’re up.

Initiative:
Cyrus & Co. 4
Hadria 3 <————
Zombies 3 <————

Nexus: Sun

The stench of the sewn rotting skin is unbearable. The Abomination you’re near definitely did not see you. It’s slow, but its layers of rot protect it like armor. Your claws, however, tear through it like cloth. The thing lurches, spewing blood and sinew.

It turns and throws a punch, attempting to catch you off-guard or gain the advantage. But it isn’t fast enough. You easily duck out of the way of it’s attack.

Your turn.

Initiative:
Sun 6 <————
Abomination 4

Great Forks: Lumen

The fierce-eyed woman touches your arm — in that instant there is a familiarity, a spark — and gazes in your eyes. “I’ve collected all that can be saved already,” she says. “They’re in the temple. I need to make an opening for them to get away. Will you help me?”

The fires roar around you. Undead mill about, eating flesh, hissing, groaning.

Cleon, you and the Diamond Hounds leave a wake of destruction behind you. You’ve cut right through the main host to the city gate. Ozric meets up with you there. The undead know you’re here now, for sure. General Kael and his men are behind you, Ozric, mounted, armed, and armored. They’ll be joining the battle when they step out of the gate.

At that moment, the zombies surge forward. Thousands of rusty weapons, rotting arms, and snapping mouths lash out to catch your flesh. Their withering attack is 6 successes against each of you and the Diamond Hounds before defense.

Initiative:
Diamond Hounds 6
Cleon 5
Ozric 5
Zombies 3 <————

Last edited:

Ozric Vold scowls at the undead, feeling his hatred for them coming forth. He wanted to annihilate them, to break them and humiliate their masters. This army would have to do for now. Destroying it would sate the need but more so work towards his goals. If Todara survived, they would become a point to work out from aside from Arcanum Keep. Perhaps this was the beginning of his kingdom.

He brushed aside that thought, instead wading into the undead as he pours forth solar essence. Glowing gears and metalwork materializing out of his anima to assemble themselves into the torso of a clockwork Unconquered Sun. Its arms moving with his as he struck out at the dead with those save fists of bronze and hatred.

"Cleon, you and I need to take out the Behemoths! We need to take them out or stall long enough for my demons to start peppering them with salt!" Ozric bellowed out as he unleashed his fury on the dead.

Brawl Excellency
Spending 4m to boost Parry from 4 to 6 to avoid undead attack.

Fist of Iron Technique
1m to ignore 2 Soak on Undead Army

Personal: 8/13
Peripheral: 23/33
Willpower 6

Anima Level: Totemic
-Mecha Sol Invictus revealed

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=162184
7D10 = [3, 2, 2, 9, 5, 2, 3]
Success = 1 unless any of that counted to stunting. Damn roller.

When the zombies broke through the front rank, Hadria paused for a moment, taking in a breath and the essence of the patient Crane. The hungry dead approached, she waited for the moment, then glided forward into the center of the first clump. As fetid arms reached out to grasp her, she stepped forward and around to the left. Poise, closed and firm, held sideways under the dead man's jaw, held the face away. Wit sunk its beak into the back of the hand, holding the arm out rigidly as her left leg hooked one of the zombie's, then kicked out the other one. As it fell away, she spun into another kick, this time oriented at the head of a rotting woman who had pushed a mercenary to the ground, as the living man desperately tried to hold her at bay. In a balance of motion, Wit reached in the opposite direction, splitting the crown of a meaty skeleton.

The Wheel of Peace pulled herself into a vertical position once more, taking another patient breath as she looked for an opening in the conflict.

Withering Attack: 4 Dex + 5 MA + 1 Specialty + 2 Accuracy + 4 Excellency = 16
16D10 = [4, 3, 8, 8, 8, 2, 3, 7, 3, 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 9, 3]=8 successes to hit

4 Peripheral spent
Currently at:
3/13 Personal
22/33 Peripheral.
4/5 Willpower
DAMNIT, sorry.
2D10 = [10, 5]= 2 more successes! Yey! So 10 total now.

The stench of the sewn rotting skin is unbearable. The Abomination you’re near definitely did not see you. It’s slow, but its layers of rot protect it like armor. Your claws, however, tear through it like cloth. The thing lurches, spewing blood and sinew.

It turns and throws a punch, attempting to catch you off-guard or gain the advantage. But it isn’t fast enough. You easily duck out of the way of it’s attack.

Your turn.

Initiative:
Sun 6 <————
Abomination 4

Nexus

Sun Wukang
Essence
Personal: 2 (13) (11 spend)
Peripheral: 11 (33) [5 attuned, 13 committed, 5 mote recovered at end of previous round, 4 spend]
8 mote to Ebon Shadow Form, 5 mote to Sensory Acuity Prana, 5 personal mote to martial arts excellency, 6 personal mote spend for striking fury claws, 4 mote spend for seven point of weakness strike
Willpower: 5{/slide}
Ebon Shadow Form

The martial artist’s outline begins to distort and flicker, as if it were a shadow cast by a candle’s unsteady flame. She moves with eerie speed and unnatural grace, making her enemies question whether she is even human. If her anima banner flares, it seems shapeless and dark, an umbral mantle enveloping her in its depths. Any enemy who fails an opposed roll to spot her when she enters stealth loses a point of Initiative, and she adds (her Stealth/2, round up) to her base Initiative when she resets after making a decisive unexpected attack. She also adds +1 to her Defense. If the martial artist is killed while in the Ebon Shadow Form, her body evaporates into an acrid black smoke, leaving behind no physical remains by which she might be identified.

Special activation rules: Whenever the martial artist makes a Stealth roll in combat that beats the opposing rolls of all enemies in the combat, she may reflexively activate Ebon Shadow Form. Enemies within range lose Initiative for failing their roll as described above.
Sensory Acuity Prana

A breath of Essence seals the five senses into a more perfect form. The Solar’s senses are heightened and attuned to minute motions and sounds, dim and noisy conditions. She can differentiate between subtle tastes and textures with only the slightest variation. Thus sharpened, it is more difficult for characters to escape her notice, or to deceive her hunting senses. For the rest of the scene, the Exalt’s Awareness rolls benefit from double 9s. If the effect of any Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline applies, reroll 6s until they cease to appear. Use of Sensory Acuity Prana comes without the danger of sensory overload; the Charm helps the Solar manage her senses more effectively.
Seven Point of Weakness Strike

Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1
Keywords: Mastery, Withering-only

Pinpointing a seam or flaw in an enemy’s armor, the martial artist strikes through it with the expert precision of a trained assassin. Seven Points of Weakness Strike subtracts (the martial artist’s Stealth) from her enemy’s armored soak. Unexpected attacks double the amount of soak ignored.

Mastery: If this Charm reduces an enemy’s armored soak to zero against a withering attack, any remaining points of soak reduction are converted to post-soak damage dice.
Striking Fury Claws

Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1
Keywords: Mastery, Withering-only

Rigorous training, intense discipline, and the suffusing Essence of the tiger gives the martial artist’s claw strikes the force to rend flesh and disembowel fallen enemies, making her a bare-handed killer. Striking Fury Claws converts up to (Strength) extra successes that would be added to the raw damage of a withering attack to postsoak dice of damage instead. Against an enemy who took a disengage or withdraw action on his last turn, these post-soak dice are instead converted to successes added to the damage roll.

Mastery: Extra successes converted by this Charm add both to the raw damage of the attack and to post-soak damage (or successes against fleeing enemies).
Basic Combat Values
Join Battle: 10d10+3= 10
Initiative at start of turn: 6
Initiative at end of turn: 17

Green Jade Razor Claw (Spring Razor) acc: +5 (+5 dex +5 MA) dam: +10 (12) def:+0 OW: 3 att: 5 (tags: Lethal Brawl Conceable Worn)

Health Levels
[ ] -0
[ ][ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

After dodging from abominations blow by ducking down and simply getting out of reach of its blows, Wukang stores some energy in his legs with some essence pumping his muscles out. He suddenly pounces abomination with both of his razor claws rapidly not giving time to mass of flesh to react back while making out growling sounds as if he is a beast that is ripping its prey apart. Some of his strikes found the gaps between abominations flesh over flesh armor and hits weaker tissues under them while others are just pure brutal strikes.

Wukang pumps 5 motes from his personnel pool to martial arts excellency to increase his attack dice to 20 for a withering attack.

Withering attack roll dexterity+martial arts: 20D10 = [1, 2, 5, 5, 1, 3, 5, 6, 1, 6, 7, 10, 2, 2, 7, 4, 3, 3, 10, 10] = 8 success

I forgot two dice of stunt so here it is as seperate roll. withering attack stunt: 2D10 = [1, 10] = 2 success

since their parry DV was 3 before I assume it is 3 again so there is 7 excess success that will be added to raw damage.

Raw damage: 10 from weapon +2 from strength + 7 from attack excessive successes = 19 raw damage dice. Wukang used two different supplemental for this attack seven point of weakness from his peripheral mote (4 mote) and Striking Fury Claws from his personal mote (6 mote). Since mastery applies there is no change on raw damage from striking fury claws and Wukang adds 2 (strength) dices to post-soak damage, Wukang also drops abominations armored soak by 5 (stealth) points since it had only 4 armored soak and since mastery extra 1 also goes to post soak damage.

Post Soak Damage: 19 - 7 + 1 + 2 = 15 post soak damage dice.

Withering attack post soak damage: 15D10 = [1, 4, 7, 2, 6, 2, 6, 2, 2, 9, 9, 4, 3, 5, 10] = 5 success

Since abomination had 4 initiative he gets into initiative crash with -1 initiative. Wukang gains initiative break bonus of +5 initiative, +1 from successful withering attack and +5 from initiative damage he caused for a total of 11 initiative gain
Wukang's new initiative: 11+6 = 17

Nexus: Sasha

Sasha, your Essence-infused arrow splits a zombie’s head like two halves of a melon. It continues to the zombie behind and buries itself deep in its forehead. Both bodies crumble to the ground.

Rann lifts his own bow. "We've cut their numbers in half! Keep it up!" He drops a walking corpse at the front of the pack.

The zombies continue their charge, bringing them to short range. The'll be on you in seconds.

Your action.

Initiative:
Sasha 4 <------
Your men 4 <------
Rann 3
Zombies 2

Ozric, add a two-point stunt. Roll your damage, since this is a withering attack, against soak 5.

Initiative:
Diamond Hounds 6
Cleon 5
Ozric 5
Zombies 3

Nexus: Hadria

Fantastic. Roll you withering attack damage against soak 5.

Initiative:
Cyrus & Co. 4
Hadria 3 <------
Zombies 3 <------

The abomination is off balance and having a hard time recovering. You have it on the ropes. It lumbers toward you and swipes vainly at you. You dodge out of it’s way with ease.

Your turn again.

Initiative:
Sun 17 <------
Abomination (defense 3, soak 11) -1

We need to speed this along. Time is running out. "First squad, circle around and get to that cage! Release the prisoners. Second squad, pikemen to the front! Archers, loose!" Sasha raises up her bow, and once more, the arrow ignites into flames as the Dawn caste Exalt releases it into the middle of the shambling horde. Another massive explosion of dirt, flesh and flame rises up, and the shockwave rattles the teeth of the redheaded woman as she continues to fight.
Using a combination of Fiery Arrow Attack and Nova Arrow Attack. Fiery Arrow: When used in a decisive attack against a target, it adds one automatic success to the damage roll. If the attack does at least three health levels of damage, the target catches on fire, and must contend with (Solar’s Essence) lethal dice of damage every turn until he’s able to extinguish himself.

With the Nova Arrow Attack, I'm doing a max attack at 10d10, and with the Fiery Arrow, it does a total of 6 levels of damage and the zombies are now on fire.

_: 10D10 = [9, 9, 3, 4, 9, 7, 3, 3, 7, 4] = 58

Initiative: 4
13 Personal
14 Peripheral
5 Willpower

This is assuming her 10 to hit had no threshold successes (because nothing was mentioned about it), which scares me.
If she did beat the zombie battle group's defense by 1 or more (instead of just tying), her withering damage has that many extra dice (which I'll let you roll/add).

6D10 = [6, 7, 4, 3, 3, 4]=1 success.
Since it's a battle group, she can't steal initiative (she just lowers its magnitude), so she just gains one initiative and is now at 4.

Lumen grasps Sunstrike and draws it, it's blade singing and glowing with the light of the Unconquered Sun. "We shall slay whatever we can, so that the dead may not escape the fury of our steel. I will assist you. May the Unconquerable Sun watch over us, so that we may escape from this with our lives and peoples intact."

Would this be a Join Battle action? I'll have to make another post since I don't have the rules on me.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Nexus

Sun Wukang
Essence
Personal: 3 (13) (1 recovered at end of last round)
Peripheral: 12 (33) [5 attuned, 13 committed, 5 mote recovered at end of previous round, 4 recovered last end of round, 3 spend]
8 mote to Ebon Shadow Form, 5 mote to Sensory Acuity Prana, 3 mote to Nothing But Shadow
Willpower: 4 (5) (1 spend)
Ebon Shadow Form

Sensory Acuity Prana

Nothing But Shadows

Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1
Keywords: Decisive-only, Mastery

Students of the Ebon Shadow style fade in and out of sight in combat, emerging as if from nowhere to strike before vanishing back into the shadows. When the martial artist takes a Stealth action in combat, she may use Nothing But Shadows to apply a penalty equal to (higher of 3 or her Essence) to the opposed roll of any enemy with a lower Initiative than her, to a maximum of -5.

Alternatively, when the martial artist is hit with a decisive attack, she may use Nothing But Shadows to play dead, slowing her heart rate to nearly nothing. This is treated as an attempt to go to ground by faking death, rather than seeking concealment. The usual penalties apply, but the martial artist applies the benefits of this Charm on all rolls she makes to go to ground for free, and also adds any wound penalties she is suffering as bonus dice on all rolls—the more damage she has taken, the more convincing her false death.

Mastery: Every 1 that a non-trivial enemy rolls on his (Perception + Awareness) opposing the supplemented action gives the martial artist a point of Initiative, up to a maximum of (Stealth) points per activation.
Basic Combat Values
Join Battle: 10d10+3= 10
Initiative at start of turn: 17
Initiative at end of turn: 17 + (up to ST)

Health Levels
[ ] -0
[ ][ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

With the momentum he gained from the barrage of attacks Wukang steps back and starts circling around abomination at a high speed. Thanks to they are being in a Nexus alley that almost all buildings providing almost full shadow except some cracks between them letting sunlight in and his form being covered by shadows already, Wukang tries to make abomination and whoever watching to lose his trail with sudden circling sinking into shadows and disappearing from sight of most if not all and plans his next action against abomination.

Since attempting to re-establish surprise is a combat action that can't be flurried this is all Wukang does this round an he uses nothing but shadows to make it harder for others to realize what is going on. Wukang wants to succeed in this so he also spends a willpower for an auto success.
Dexterity+Stealth to re-establish surprise : 12D10 = [4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 4, 4, 7, 10, 10, 3, 6] = 5 success + 1 auto success from willpower = 6 success

With his charm all enemy opposing rolls against this stealth check gets penalty of 3 if their initiative is lower than wukangs (17). Also with ebon shadow forms effect anyone fails their opposed check loses 1 intitiave if they are an enemy. Furthermore Every 1 that a non-trivial enemy rolls on his (Perception + Awareness) opposing to this roll adds to Wukang's initiative up to 5. (I leave this to ST since we are in middle of a battle I assume there is enough enemy that would throw enough 1 to get to that cap but it is still ST's last call)
New Initiative: 17 + (depends on ST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back